- ► October (20)
- ► September (30)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ▼ December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Maricopa County Republican Briefs
Maricopa County Republican Chairman: AJ LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Dec 17, 2013
The Question Of The Year: We are always hearing about how Social Security is going to run out of money, why do we never hear about welfare running out of money? What's interesting? The first group "worked for" their money...the second didn't! – author unknown
· A $15 Donations To The Maricopa County Republican West Office, 99th Ave & Bell Road, will get you one of the newly arrived “Challenge Coins.” Donations offset office expenses and help fund the MCRC. Stop by and take a look at these handsome new coins. Or pick one up when you attend the10:30 am, Dec 18 presentations by LD22 Rep David Livingston and Randy Miller of Surprise to newly formed ‘Front Porch Rockers’. The ‘Rockers’ are advocating that you move your rockers to the front porch and spread the conservative word to your neighbors. Rockers will be serving coffee/donuts. Contact: 623-977-4532.
· The Maricopa County Republican West Office, 99th Ave/Bell Road, will be closed the week of Dec 23-27. It will also be closed Jan 1-3.
· Need A White Elephant Gift For A Holiday Party? You can pick one up for $5 at the MCRC West office, 99th Ave/Bell Road. They are wrapped and ready to go at 10050 W Bell Road #49, Sun City, AZ 85351-1291 phone: 623-977-4532
· It’s Official. LD23 Chairman Doug Little Has Teamed Up With Rep Tom Forese to run for the Arizona Corporation Commission. Little said, “Tom and I are committed to supporting energy and water policy that will guarantee that Arizona has clean water and clean, reliable energy at the lowest price possible. See their website: http://www.corpcomm2014.com
· Flake & McCain Among Dozen Republicans That Joined Dems To End Debate: Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, Roy Blunt of Missouri, Saxby Chambliss of Georgia, Susan Collins of Maine, Jeff Flake of Arizona, Orrin Hatch of Utah, John Hoeven of North Dakota, Johnny Isakson of Georgia, Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, John McCain of Arizona, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, and Rob Portman of Ohio. (Niels Lesniewski, Roll Call)
· The Verde Valley Republican Office Fundraiser is scheduled 5-10 pm, March 8 at the Hilton Resort/Spa in Sedona. Funds will be used to operate the VVRO for the 2014 elections. Sponsored by the Yavapai County Republican Committee’s Trunk ’N’ Tusk. Details to be announced in January. Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Pinal Power Players With Vince Leach radio talk KQCK:
· Members Of The Pinal County Sheriff’s K-9 Unit participated in “Airborne Operation Training” with the Arizona National Guard – Joint Counter Narco-Terrorism Task Force (JCNTF) on Dec 11. The K-9’s and their handlers practiced loading, unloading and flying in helicopters. They also conducted drug detection training on the airbase around active aircraft. Sheriff Paul Babeu said, “Our K-9 Unit consists of five handlers with their dogs working patrol and two handlers with their dogs working our jail. Everyday our K-9’s are working with their handlers to find drugs and bad guys. Training is essential to keep the dogs and their handlers prepared for all types of situations. The Arizona National Guard has been a strong partner of our office.”
· The Arizona Citizens Defense League Recruited Its 10,000th Member during the Dec 15 Tucson Gun Show. AzCDL has been the champion of numerous pro-gun bill passed by the Arizona legislature the several years. See AzCDL at Protecting Your Freedom and Legislative Alerts. Join the team http://cqrcengage.com/azcdl/home
· The City Of Phoenix’s Vast Desert Preserve System has again earned national recognition. The American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) recently included Phoenix in an online travel article as one of “6 Places to Experience Big City Wilderness. Phx wilderness
· The Palo Verde Republican Women’s Annual Christmas Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am, Dec 18 at the Grayhawk Golf Club (Fairway House), 8620 E. Thompson Peak Parkway featuring speaker Shane Krauser. $30 per person. Checks payable to PVRW and mail to Sherry Gray, 34229 N. 92nd Way, Scottsdale, AZ 85262-1419. Contact: Marcia Thompson email@example.com 480-515-2711.
· The Navajo County Republican Club will host a CD1 primary debate at 7 pm, Dec 18 at the Snowflake Fire Station, 12 S. 1st W. Snowflake, AZ 85937. UPDATE: The debate has moved to 180 N. 9th St., in Show Low as of Dec 18 morning notification.
· City Of Phoenix Offices will be closed beginning at noon on Christmas Eve, Dec. 24; on Christmas Day, Dec. 25; and New Year’s Day, Jan. 1.
· LD5 Sen Kelli Ward Toured The Central Arizona Project's pumping station in LaPaz County today.
· The Arizona American African Republican Committee will host the 2nd Annual Emancipation Proclamation Observance at 1:30 pm, Jan 1, 2014 in Eastlake Park, 16th Street and East Jefferson, Phx. The 151st anniversary of the signing by President Abraham Lincoln. Festivities begins at noon with a picnic. Voter registration will be available – identification required. Political speakers will be in attendance. The official Centennial Buffalo Soldiers – AZ Territories will perform. In 1913, a fort in the Huachuca Mountains became home to the 10th Cavalry, also known as the Buffalo Soldiers. The Buffalo Soldiers were an African-American unit that served while the Army was segregated. By the time the Buffalo Soldiers were stationed at what became Fort Huachuca, the Apache Wars were over, but the Buffalo Soldiers served under Gen. John "Blackjack" Pershing during his expedition into Mexico, and guarded the border during World War I. During World War II, the fort became a training site for two Black infantry divisions, the 92nd and the 93rd. For further information call AAARC Chairman Rev. Clyde Bowen 602-274-5439 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Applications Are Available For The June-July National Federation Of Republican Women ‘Dorothy Andrews Kabis Intership’ In Washington, DC. Applicants must be U.S. citizens, undergraduate college students age 21 and over, having completed high school but not yet graduated from college. Applicants should have a general knowledge of government and a keen interest in politics and skills adaptable to a busy office. The internship provides housing in the D.C. metropolitan area and round-trip airfare. A small monetary allowance is given. Interns must pay for meals, daily travel to and from the office and any tourism. Applicants must submit required documents to their State Federation president, Mary Williams, and each State submits applications to the NFRW. For AZ State president, AzFRW President Mary Williams, PO BOX 2445, Prescott AZ 86302-2445. Questions? contact Pat Lutes email@example.com The NFRW Dorothy Andrews Kabis Internship is named after former National Federation of Republican Women President Dorothy Andrews Kabis who served from 1963-1967 and was later appointed Treasurer of the United States by President Richard Nixon. Each year the program offers three young women the opportunity to spend part of the summer in our nation's capitol working in the headquarters of the country's foremost women's political organization.
· Jan 2013: Newly Elected Chairman Robert Graham’s Pledge TO THE AZGOP: My Pledge to the Party - I pledge to YOU, members of the Republican Party of the great state of Arizona:
Ø To passionately defend our Party’s ideals and values.
Ø To bring cohesion and cooperation for the greater good of the party.
Ø A professionally managed Party with a strong, respected media presence.
Ø Contribute to strong Republican victories in elections on all levels across Arizona.
Ø Establish education and training on GOP issues via a series of web-based tools.
Ø To become a well-funded, well-organized Party.
Ø With your input, to design and implement strategies for success.
Ø Ear-to-the-ground, strong, passionate leadership.
Ø To respect the grassroots conservatives and Tea Party members who have infused our Party with energy and recommitment to conservative ideals.
Ø Today, America is at a crossroads, on the cusp of returning to greatness, with potential within our grasp. We stand together as the GOP – the Great Opportunity Party – and I would be honored and humbled to help our state lead the way.
Ø Together, we can chart a new course and dig our country out of despair. Together, we can bring back the American Dream, together we will win and together, all good things are possible. – AZGOP Statutory Meeting
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club’s Christmas Potluck Party is scheduled at 9 am, Dec 21 at the Fountain Hills Community Center. Bring a food dish to share; email Chris Brant at Chrisppbrant@gmail.com so that she can compile a list. Also collecting unwrapped new toys for the Marine Corps Reserve Toys-for-Tots program.
· The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office will have the first in a series of community outreach meetings on changes to its crime suppression efforts at 9:30 a.m. Dec. 21 at:
ü Sun Lakes, 9531 East Riggs Rd.
ü Avondale, 920 E. Van Buren
ü Sun City, 10831 Sunland Dr., Sun City Posse Building
ü Cave Creek: Cave Creek Town Hall, 37622 N. Cave Creek Rd.
ü Queen Creek: Queen Creek Library, 21802 S. Ellsworth Rd.
ü Fountain Hills: Fountains Hills Community center, 13001 N. La Montana Dr.
ü Lakes: 7307 North Bush Highway, Mesa
· Phx City Councilman Jim Waring is hosting a the Phx D2 holiday party at 5:30 pm, Dec 19 at Zipps Sports Grill, 6501 E. Greenway Pkway, Scottsdale. Participants are asked to bring an unwrapped children’s book that will be donated to ‘Kitchen on the Street’ - a non-profit group that works with the Palomino Community in D2. Appetizers and no host bar.
· Pima County Republicans are selling holiday wrap on line. Go to www.innisbrook.com; select Friends & Supporters – Place. Order. Enter PimaGOP Organization Number: # 104039. Start shopping; check out & pay by credit card. Combine orders with friends & family for free shipping at $85. On-line Orders, ship to home, free shipping for orders over $85. Contact Innis Brook at 1-877-525-5608.
· LD21 Conservative Coffee Fundraiser: Coffee is available in three freshly roasted and ground blends, - Medium (Freedom Blend), Bold (Constitution Blend) and Decaf (Liberty Blend). One pound bags are $12 and Gift Sets contain 3 - 1/2lb bags and sell for $21. See: http://ld21.org/LD21/Coffee.html
For details linkCongressman David Schwiekert is winding up his toy drive at 4 pm, Dec 19 for the Scottsdale Healthcre Shea Medical Campus’ Pediataric Unit for kids hospitalized over the holidays.
· Congressman Paul Gosar’s Schedule For Next Week:
ü Dec 18 – 8 am, Coffee with the Congressman, Makai Café’, 1425 McCulloch Blvd N., Lake Havasu City. here
ü Dec 18 – 9:30 am, Lake Havasu City Business Roundtable, The Bridgeview Room, 1425 McCulloch Blvd, N. Lake Havasu City. Click here
· AZGOP National Committeeman Bruce Ash: Over the past several months I have commented on President Obama's use of the IRS to control and muzzle his political opponents through the unethical , if not illegal actions of the government to stifle free speech in elections. Surprisingly the President has frequently spoken on the record against use of legal political speech --especially in the citizen’s united case--even challenging supreme court justices who sat in front of him at the state of the union. When the IRS scandal was reported last spring Obama expressed his shock over mistakes made by a few in the Cinncinnati IRS office who held up tax exempt status for conservative organizations who oppose him. Now his crew at the Treasury Department are back at it again -- this time in broad daylight-- proposing new rules with the force of law which would do legally what Obama claimed to have been a mistake last spring. While the IRS says they wish to provide clarification language their "guidance" would effectively put conservative groups out of business as they seek to do exactly what the league of women's voters does also. IRS Commissioner Werfel claims to be clarifying the law but it is clear the President is not only trying to improperly influence future elections but also wriggle out of the problems he claims he was unaware of to begin with .
· A Day After Calling On Democrat Congressman Ron Barber Of Tucson to reimburse taxpayers for his misuse of government funds to send campaign materials to voters, Arizona Republican Party Chairman Robert Graham asked U. S. House Speaker John Boehner to investigate Barber's unethical conduct. Graham sent a letter today to Speaker Boehner along with printed copies of the campaign materials mailed from Barber's office in Washington, DC to residents in his district in southern Arizona.
"Here in Arizona we are working hard to raise funds to educate voters about our candidates, but we’re relying on funds we’ve raised for that purpose, not taxpayer dollars as Mr. Barber is doing," wrote Graham. "Furthermore, his campaign reports having $767,203 cash on hand, which is likely more than sufficient should he be required to reimburse the federal government for his misuse of taxpayer funds." The Committee on Ethics of the U. S. House of Representatives has published their rules prohibiting members from using official resources for campaign and political purposes here. The mailer clearly states that it "was prepared, published and mailed at taxpayer expense." Graham's letter is here, and high-resolution images of the campaign mailer are here. Contact: AZGOP HQ 602-957-7770 firstname.lastname@example.org AZGOP.org
· Arizona Supreme Court Green Lights Higher Campaign Limits. The Arizona Supreme Court Said Tuesday That Higher Campaign Contributions Limits that were put on hold earlier this year are good to go. After the Arizona Citizens Clean Election Commission challenged the law raising campaign contribution limits, Senate President Andy Biggs and House Speaker Andy Tobin immediately took up the effort to allow the law to go into effect.
Speaker of the House Andy Tobin welcomed the news and said that the new higher contribution limits enacted in House Bill 2593 will give candidates more control over their own campaigns, help offset the influence of “dark money” by outside spending groups, and create greater transparency in statewide and legislative elections. Tobin acknowledged the efforts of all the members of the Legislature who have worked with him on the bill, and offered special thanks to Rep. J.D. Mesnard, R-Chandler, who sponsored the legislation. “This case presented challenging legal issues,” Mesnard said. “Ultimately, the Court’s decision respects the role of elected officials while not diminishing the ability of Arizonans to enact new laws at the ballot.”
A trial judge initially upheld the new limits, allowing them to go into effect for a few weeks. But an injunction by the state Court of Appeals put limits back to their old levels. Today the Supreme Court vacated the opinion by the Court of Appeals, which said that the Clean Elections Act pre-empted contribution limits for statewide and legislative candidates. Before HB 2593, Arizona had some of the lowest candidate contribution levels in the country, according to a recent report from the National Conference of State Legislatures. Contact: Christopher Leone 602-926-3233(o) 480.242.8643(c) email@example.com
· Dec 18 – PALO VERDE REPUBLICAN WOMEN’S CLUB. (3rd Wed) registration 11 am, 11:30 am lunch. Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 E Thompson Peak Pkwy, Scottsdale. Speaker: Constitutional attorney Shane Krauser. $30 per person. RSVP 480-298-7818 . Checks payable to PVRW and mail to Sherry Gray, 34229 N. 92nd Way, Scottsdale, AZ 85262-1419 at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Dec 18, 25 – “Legal-Ease With Dennis Wilenchik” - Republican political talk show, (every Wed) 4 pm. KFNX 1100. legaleseonline
· Dec 19– LD16 (3rd Thur), 6:30 pm social, 7 pm mtg. Liberty Arts Academy, 3015 S. Power Rd., Mesa. Just south of Guadalupe on east side of Power Rd. In the Auditorium. Contact: Chr Jerry Clingman Cell 480-861-4958 Home 480-986-5236 email@example.com http://www.ld16gop@us
· Dec 19 – AZ Republican Lawyers Assn (AZRLA) 1145 am,Quarles & Brady, One Renaissance Square, Two N. Central Ave., Phx. Speaker: Congressman Paul Gosar firstname.lastname@example.org
· Dec 19 – CHANDLER REPUBLICAN WOMEN. (3rdThur) 6:30 pm, Itericom, 250 S. Arizona Ave., Chandler. Contact: Lisa Askey, media chr 602-320-9291.
· Arizona High Court Upholds Higher Campaign-Contribution Limits Higher Contribution Limits — Up To $4,000 Per Candidate In A Statewide Race — Are In Force For '14.
· NSA Is Violating 4th Amendment Robert Robb
· Note-To-Concessionaires-You-Dont-Own-The-Land A Reminder For Private Companies That Public Land Use Permits Don’t Make Them Owners.
· Fixing Cps: First A Firing Squad, Then A Wrecking Ball Laurie Roberts
· McCain-Biden-Honest-Friends McCain Praises “My Friend” Joe Biden As “Articulate” And “Honest
AMERICAN FREEDOM BY BARBARA Updated Daily
FLOYD REPORTS Daily updates
ILLEGALS, IMMIGRATION, BORDERS
· Remember1986.Com Updated Daily
· M3 Report Updated Daily Caution: Graphic Photos
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Law Enforcement: Illegal Human And Drug Traffic
WAR ON WOMEN
· Open Letter To President Obama, Secretary Sebelius And Members Of Congress; Don’t Claim To Speak For All Women Womenspeakforthemselves
CULTURAL WARS/RELIGIOUS ISSUES
· Three Sitting House Members Announced Their Retirements Today – presenting opportunities for each party to pick off seats in next year’s midterm elections. Rep. Frank Wolf, R-Virgina, announced he was retiring, as did Rep. Tom Latham, R-Iowa, giving Democrats a shot at winning back these two seats. Meanwhile Rep. Jim Matheson, D-Utah, said he would not seek re-election, presenting a clearer path for Republican challenger Mia Love, who if she wins this seat would make history as the first African-American Republican woman elected to Congress. (Matheson beat Love in 2012 by less than 800 votes.)
· Sen. Minority Leader Mitch Mcconnell, R-Kentucky, On The Senate Floor: “I voted against this legislation because in my view Congress should continue to adhere to the fiscal restraints that both parties agreed to in the Budget Control Act. I was the principal Republican negotiator of that agreement. I have been particularly invested in its success and was very proud of it. As a result of the Budget Control Act government spending has declined for two years, two years in a row for the first time since the Korean War.”
· Sen. Mike Enzi, R-Wyoming, On The Senate Floor: “This is not the right path forward. My constituents back home in Wyoming and Americans across this country deserve better. We talk about how we have reduced the deficit. Reduced the deficit? Yeah, that means we used to be overspending a trillion dollars a year and now we are only overspending 500 billion which is half a trillion. That’s still overspending!“
· Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, On The Senate Floor: “I’d like to know what we do in order to avoid another shutdown of the government. The American people steadfastly reject another shutdown of the government … To somehow vote against it without an alternative to keep the government from shutting down, I think lacks some intellectual integrity.”
· Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-South Carolina, On The Senate Floor: “This budget is probably going to pass because everybody is hell bent to get out of town and not shut down the government. Nobody wants to shut down the government. Here is the question: is the choice between keeping the government open and screwing all the military retirees? Is that the right choice? How about doing both? How about protect the veteran and the military retiree and keep the government open? If we wanted to we’ve got until January 15th.”
OBAMACARE Aka ACA/HEALTH
Aka AZ's College And Career Ready Standards
DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY (DHS)
SUPPORT YOUR MARICOPA COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY
Frosty Taylor, Editor email@example.com