- ► February (25)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ▼ October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Maricopa County Republican Briefs
Oct 2, 2013
· Gov Jan Brewer: Mourning The Passing Of Director of Revenue, Former Senate President John Greene “It was with great sadness that I learned this morning of the sudden passing of my dear friend, John Greene. John was a public servant in every sense of the word. Whether for his most recent role as Director of the Arizona Department of Revenue, his honorable service as Senate President or his noble contribution to both government and the private sector throughout his impressive career, John’s devotion to Arizona will not be forgotten. He always conducted himself with humility, graciousness and integrity. More than what he did for our state, John will be remembered for what he did for others. He will be remembered for his kind heart, selfless character and contagious sense of humor. I’ve known John both professionally and personally for many years. I will always cherish our time together in the Legislature, where he and I served together as Senate President and Majority Whip, respectively. I will always appreciate his loyalty as a fellow member of that leadership team. I am eternally grateful to call John a friend. He will be sorely missed. Indeed, John’s passing is a loss for Arizonans, particularly for those fortunate enough to have known him. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife, Janice, as well as his sons, Richard and Christopher. I ask that all Arizonans join me in extending our deepest condolences and prayers to his family, friends and colleagues as they seek strength during this difficult time.”
· Ken Bennett : Passing Of Director Of Department Of Revenue John A. Greene “I am saddened to learn of the passing of John,” said Secretary of State Ken Bennett. “He was a consummate public servant having served in the roles of Senate president and the director of the Department of Insurance among others. Arizona will miss John’s leadership and dedicated service to the state.”
· Another Young AZ Warrior Injured In Afghanistan: Our thoughts and prayers go to Seth Wakeling, son of Brian and Deanne Wakeling, who stepped on an EID in Afghanistan at 2:15 am, Sept 26, 2013 (l:45 pm, Sept 25 AZ Time). Seth has had his left foot amputated at Bagram Airbase. He received the Purple Heart while at this medical facility. He was subsequently transported to Lundstahl Regional Medical Center in Germany on Sept 28. While in Germany, he was able to Skype with his family over the weekend. He has been up on crutches and seems to be recovering quite well, with no other apparent serious injuries or burns, and his spirits seem to be quite good. Yesterday his parents were notified that he was transported to Walter Reed Hospital in Bethesda, MD. He is recovering as well as possibly can be expected at this time.
· Steve Smith, A Long Time Gila County Rancher, will talk about “The Mexican Gray Wolf in the Western US, at 6 pm, Oct 3 Payson Tea Party meeting at Tiny’s Family Restaurant, 600 AZ Hwy 260. Payson.
· Joe Borrajero, MCRC 2nd Vice Chairman, is ready to resume precinct committeeman (PC) training with his 20 minute Power Point presentation, followed with a 10 minute Q&A. Contact: Borrajero at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-402-5932.
· LD12 Has Changed Its Meeting Date From Oct12 To Oct 17, according to Chairman Micki Niland. www.azld12.com
· Obamacare Will Be The Topic Of Discussion On The 10 Am, Oct 3 Men’s Health Talk Program on Radio Station KXXT 1010AM. Panelist will be Suzanne Pfister,Dr. Tursha’Hamilton, Dr. Adrienne Wilson, Dr. Liz Kim, and Fred Taylor Executive Director of SWPCF. Online – www.familyvaluesradio.net (click left side of menu) Call-in: 602.296.3632.
· The Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC) Will Host A Republican Gubernatorial Candidate Forum At 7 pm, Oct 3 at Arizona Republican Party Headquarters, 3501 North 24th St, Phoenix, AZ 85016. The purpose of this event is to introduce members of the MCRC Executive Guidance Council (EGC) and the public to candidates running for Governor Arizona in the August 26, 2014 Primary Election.To date, Ken Bennett, Doug Ducey, Christine Jones, Al Melvin, John Molina and Andrew Thomas have announced their candidacy for Governor. The 90 minute forum will open with candidate’s opening remarks, followed by 60 minutes for questions and answers. Ten questions, selected by the EGC, will be asked. Each candidate will have one minute to answer each question. There will be no questions from the floor. .Doors open at 6 pm. Seating is limited with 30 of the seats reserved for EGC members. The remaining seats are “first come - first serve.” Only registered Republicans with a valid photo ID will be admitted. The forum will be broadcast live at www.oncam.com
Las Vegas Ranch Style Trail Ride And BBQ Lunch Fundraiser for Senator Steve Pierce is planned Oct 5 at the Las Vegas Ranch, 14000 Seven V Ranch Road, Prescott, AZ 86305 Click for Map Trail riding from 9:30-11:30 am (horses provided -$175/per horse. BBQ served from noon until 1:30 pm. Suggested contribution. $50 per person or $100 per couple. Host committee: AnnaMarie & Rob Knorr, Francie & Dick Mallery, Christine & John Augustine, Camilla J. Strongin, Courtney LeVinus, Dugi & Les Heiden,Elaikne Area, Jim Norton, jeff Sandquist, Jay Heiler, Lisa & Gordon James, Marla & Alan Everett, Maria Baier,Rick Lavis,Robert Shuler, Bas Aja, Priscilla Storm, Steve Trussell, Auck August and Kurt Davis.Contact Jenna Brouk email@example.com or 480-226-7596 to serve on the Host Committee, to reserve your horse, or questions. No under the age of 13
will be allowed on horseback. No exceptions can be made. RSVP@ElectStevePierce.com
· Congressman Paul Gosar has scheduled:
ü Oct 4 - a ‘Coffee With The Congressman’ at 8 am, Oct 4 at Starbucks, 2600 W Apache Trail, Apache Junction.
ü Oct 5 - ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY CLEANUP, 2-4 pm, Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce, 175 E. Road 2 South, Chino Valley, AZ 86323
ü Oct 7 - Coffee with the Congressman 8 am, Ground Control, 4860 N. Litchfield Rd, .
Goodyear, AZ 85395
· Sun City West Republicans Will Meet At 8 Am (pastry/coffee) 8:30 am mtg, Oct 5 to hear KKNT talk show Lisa Benson. SCW Foundation Bldg, Quail Rm, 14465 R H Johnson Blvd, Sun City West. $2 donation to cover room rent.
· A Fundraiser For Senators Adam Driggs, John McCormish, Steve Pierce, and Reps Heather Carter, Doug Coleman, Jeff Dial, Doris Goodale, Kate Brophy McGee, Ethan Orr, Frank Pratt, Bob Robson and TJ Shope is scheduled at 5:30 pm, Oct 18 at the Phoenix County Club, 2901 N. 7th St., Phx. RSVP: Wendy Anderton firstname.lastname@example.org 480-941-0781.
· The Arizona Vietnam Veterans’ Dinner is planned for Oct 5 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale with registration/no host bar at 5:30 pm and the program beginning at 6 pm. $45 per person. Business attire/casual or Army Class A or service equivalent is appropriate. RSVP: Joseph E. Abodeely, AZ Military Museum Director, at 520-868-6777 or mail check payable to Abodeely at AZ Military Museum, 9014 N. Wealth Road, Maricopa, AZ 85139.
· The AzCDL’s Annual Meeting is scheduled Oct 5 at the University Park Marriott in Tucson. The speaker is nationally recognized Second Amendment advocate, veteran Television Journalist and Conservative Activist Jan Morgan. http://janmorganmedia.com . Tickets: azcdl.org/html/annual_meeting Reservations deadline is Sept 29.
· Mark Brnovich (Pronounced Burn-O-Vich) Today Entered The Race For Arizona Attorney General. Brnovich most recently served as director of the Arizona Department of Gaming, a law enforcement agency charged with regulating tribal casinos. Mark successfully led the agency for four years, during which he cracked down on illegal gambling operations and increased seizures of illegal gambling devices.“I am running for Attorney General to restore the dignity of the ofﬁce and make sure it is dedicated to serving the people of Arizona,” said Brnovich.
Raised in Arizona, Mark Brnovich is a graduate of Arizona State University. After law school, Mark prosecuted felonies in the Gang/Repeat Offender Bureau of the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office and worked as an Assistant Attorney General for Arizona and as Assisting US Attorney for the District of Arizona. Mark also served his country as Command Staff Judge Advocate for the 153rd Field Artillery Brigade of the Arizona Army National Guard for eight years.
Mark met his wife Susan while both were working as prosecutors. They live in Phoenix with their two daughters. Mark Brnovich for Attorney General on-line petitions. http://www.mark4az.com/
· CD5 Rep. Matt Salmon: “We’re Now Almost 48 Hours Into A Partial Shutdown and House Republicans have continued to take steps to end the shutdown by re-opening key parts of our government. Meanwhile, Senate Democrats have failed to even show up and negotiate. President Obama and Harry Reid will have you believe that Republicans are acting recklessly and unreasonably by voting to re-open the government in piecemeal fashion. Mr. President, if House Republicans are acting recklessly and unreasonably, why then are numerous Democrats in the House voting along with Republicans to pass bipartisan legislation to fund the government? I believe reckless is voting against funding for our veterans and life-saving cancer research. Sadly, that’s exactly what most Democrats in the House did. Democrat Representatives Kyrsten Sinema and Ron Barber did the right thing by bucking the will of President Obama and Harry Reid and taking a stand against their heartless strategy. I hope President Obama and Harry Reid listen to more Democrats who want to compromise and get the government running again.”
· Congressman David Schweikert On His Scottsdale Office Vandalism: While I don't agree with vandalism as a means to express your political thoughts or as a means of political persuasion, I do support the 1st amendment right of every American to express their beliefs. What those responsible for yesterday's actions at my office don't understand is that no amount of protests and even vandalism from the left is going to change my continuing belief that we must do everything in our power to defund Obamacare.
Why? Because there is no other law on our nation's books that has the potential to damage the economy more than this left-wing attempt to radically change healthcare in America. Unless we defund Obamacare, you will soon see higher health insurance premiums, fewer healthcare choices, and a bevy of regulations and mandates that will touch every aspect of your healthcare. If you are a small business owner, your costs will continue to go up. Making a profit will become harder and it's likely that many small businesses will go under.
And then we have the billions in new spending and higher taxes that threatens to punch a hole in nearly every part of our economy. Simply put, this healthcare law needs to be stopped. And that is what I am committed to doing.
What you are seeing in Washington this week are Democrats who are willing to sacrifice everything to keep their dream of government run healthcare alive. They don't care about the economic consequences of Obamacare. They don't care that a majority of Americans don't support the law. They don't care that the government is shut down - in fact, just yesterday President Obama was crowing about how, despite a government shutdown, Obamacare was up and running.
You can see where the left's priorities are when despite bipartisan support (that included two of my Democrat colleagues from AZ) for a bill to fund government that would have provided individuals the same 1-year delay of the Obamacare mandate that the President has given businesses, President Obama and Harry Reid dismissed it immediately.
We have a tough battle ahead of us. But it's a battle worth fighting for, because it's a battle for the majority of Americans who want nothing to do with Obamacare. A battle for the future economic prosperity of our country. – David Schweikert
· In Coordination With The Second Annual National Manufacturing Day, October 4, 2013, Governor Jan Brewer today proclaimed October, “Arizona Manufacturers Month.” The governor’s proclamation is part of a collaborative effort to showcase the value of manufacturing to job growth and the state economy. “Arizona Manufacturers Month underscores my commitment to make Arizona a world leader in technology development and manufacturing,” said Brewer. “Manufacturers play a critical role in the Arizona Comeback.” Arizona is home to more than 4,500 manufacturers. It is recognized as a top-five state in terms of workforce and job growth in precision manufacturing, space and defense manufacturing and computer and electronic manufacturing.
· Pay Hotshot Survivors, And Disband Crew Montini
AMERICAN FREEDOM BY BARBARA Updated Daily
· Arizona-Congressman-Matt-Salmon: Save Our Veterans Act
· Arizona Republican 2014 Mandatory Meeting Will Be Held On January 25, 2014 At Grace Community Church - 1200 E Southern Ave Tempe, AZ 85282.
· Guess Who's Still Getting Paid During The Shutdown? Why, members of Congress, that’s who. The 532 members of Congress continue to be paid — at a cost of $10,583.85 per hour to taxpayers. Lawmakers get their pay even as hundreds of congressional staffers are sent home, packs of tourists are turned away at the Capitol, and constituent services in many offices grind to a halt. Most entrances to House and Senate office buildings and underground parking garages are closed.
· National-Park-Service-Now-Closing-Parks-That-Receive-No-Federal-Aid What utter crap. We have operated the Farm successfully for 32 years after the NPS cut the Farm from its budget in 1980 and are fully staffed and prepared to open today. But there are barricades at the Pavilions and entrance to the Farm. And if you were to park on the grass and visit on your own, you run the risk of being arrested. Of course, that will cost the NPS staff salaries to police the Farm against intruders while leaving it open will cost them nothing.
· The Shutdown: A Timeline: Click here
ILLEGALS, IMMIGRATION, BORDERS
· Remember1986.Com Updated Daily
· M3 Report Updated Daily Caution: Graphic Photos
· Az Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Law Enforcement: Illegal Human And Drug Traffic
SECOND AMENDMENT/FIREARMS/GUN CONTROL
CULTURAL WARS/RELIGIOUS ISSUES
· Obama-Prohibits-Practice-Of-Catholicism-In-Us Last year, President Obama's Department of Health and Human Services issued a regulation, under Obamacare, requiring that almost all health care plans in the United States must provide coverage, without any fees or co-pay, for sterilizations, contraceptives and abortion-inducing drugs. Obama was boasting about this regulation last week. At no time has he offered to exempt from it those individual Americans whom he has put in the position of needing to choose between obeying his bureaucratic mandate and the teachings of their faith. Since Obama's administration first issued this regulation, America's Catholic bishops have forcefully and unambiguously declared it an "unjust law."
· Obamas-Barrycades-Cant-Stop-WWII-Vets Obama Behind 'Barrycades' At Wwii Monument; New Wave Of Veterans Storms Memorials In Washington
· Judicial Watch Filed A Lawsuit To Force Obama To Follow The "Obamacare" Law he championed. To watch our news conference announcing this major lawsuit, click here. Judicial Watch announced that it has filed a lawsuit on behalf of Dr. Larry Kawa of Kawa Orthodontics against the U.S. Department of Treasury, Secretary of Treasury Jack Lew, the Internal Revenue Service and IRS Acting Director Daniel Werfel challenging the Obama administration's decision to delay the enactment of the so-called "employer mandate" provision of the Affordable Healthcare Act, also known as Obamacare (Kawa Orthodontics, LLP vs. Jack Lew, et al., (No. 9:13-cv-80990)).
· University-Accused-Of-Letting-Abortion-Fans-Regulate-Speech Lawsuit against SUNY-Buffalo over mob's attack advances
· Hannity-Takes-Democratic-Congressman-Luis-Gutierrez-Over-Obamacare-Exemption “Why Do I Have to Educate a Lawmaker?!” Hannity Takes On Democratic Congressman
· Watch Crazy Dem Senator Claim Obama “Cut The Deficit In Half” Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) claimed on Friday that the federal budget deficit has "been cut in half" under Obama. Budget figures provided by the White House show that the deficit nearly tripled from 2008 to 2009.
DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY (DHS)
· Iran-Military-Official-Obama-Has-Surrendered Quds Forces Chief: President's Remark Acknowledged Inability To Change Regime
SUPPORT YOUR MARICOPA COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY
A Dime A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.10 times 365= $36.50 contribution
A Quarter A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.25 times 365= $91.25 contribution
A Nickel A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.05 times 365= $18.25 contribution
Frosty Taylor, Editor email@example.com