- ► March (25)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ▼ October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Maricopa County Republican Briefs
Oct 4, 2013
· A Visitation For former Arizona Senator and former Dept of Revenue Director John Greene will be held from 5-8 pm, Oct 9 at Hansen Mortuary , 6500 E. Bell Road, Scottsdale. Services will be held at at11 am, Oct 10 in the main worship center at Scottsdale Bible Church, 7601 E. Shea Blvd.. There will be a graveside ceremony shortly after the service.
· Letter From AZ Gov Jan Brewer And Legislative Leaders To President Obama request to open the Grand Canyon/nationals parks.
· Today, Maricopa County Republican Chairman A. J. Lafaro has sent a letter to the Arizona Corporation Commission, along with a ‘Opposition To Current Net Metering Policies’ Resolution that was passed by the Maricopa County Republican Committee Executive Guidance Committee (MCRC EGC) at an EGC meeting conducted immediately following last night’s gubernatorial forum held at the AZGOP headquarters. The letter and resolution (see below) were sent to Commissioners Bob Stump, Gary Pierce, Brenda Burns, Susan Bitter-Smith and Bob Burns:
A RESOLUTION OF THE EXECUTIVE GUIDANCE COMMITTEE (EGC)
OF THE MARICOPA COUNTY REPUBLICAN COMMITTEE (MCRC)
MARICOPA COUNTY, STATE OF ARIZONA
IN OPPOSITION TO
CURRENT NET METERING POLICIES
WHEREAS, the Republican Party encourages the cost-effective development of renewable energy and believes in a market-based approach for renewable energy sources through partnerships between traditional and renewable energy industries; and
WHEREAS, Arizona has seen widespread adoption of rooftop residential solar installations based on federal and state tax incentives as well as direct monetary incentives by electric utilities in Arizona; and
WHEREAS, the current mechanism by which residential solar customers are reimbursed for excess power generated back to the electrical grid does not address the maintenance costs associated with connecting those customers to the power grid and provides substantial additional benefits by allowing them to pay an “energy only” rate for the power
they use; and
WHEREAS, those utility customers that are unable or unwilling to pay the substantial costs associated with the installation of residential rooftop solar currently pay not only for the energy they use, but also pay the total costs of maintaining the electrical grid under the current
“cost of service” model; and
WHEREAS, as the current rate of residential rooftop solar adoption is resulting in a faster than anticipated cost shift to non-solar customers, and that cost shift is $18 million in 2013 with an expected increase of $6 to $10 million per year based on current rooftop residential solar adoption rates.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED by the Executive Guidance Committee of the Maricopa County Republican Committee, Maricopa County, State of Arizona, that we strongly recommend that the Arizona Corporation Commission’s current
net metering policy be abandoned; and
BE IT FINALLY RESOLVED by the Executive Guidance Committee of the Maricopa
County Republican Committee, Maricopa County, State of Arizona, that does further
strongly encourage the Arizona Corporation Commission to adopt a new rate structure
for residential rooftop solar customers that would fairly apportion electrical grid maintenance
costs to all customers and end the current unfair cost shift to non-solar utility customers.
Author: Doug Little, Chairman, LD23 Republican Committee
PASSED & APPROVED this 3rd day of October, 2013, by the Executive Guidance
Committee of the Maricopa County Republican Committee, Maricopa County, State
MARICOPA COUNTY REPUBLICAN COMMITTEE
MARICOPA COUNTY, STATE OF ARIZONA:
- J. LaFaro, Chairman - Maricopa County Republican Committee
· The Remember 1986 Coalition will gather at 9 am, Oct 5 at 400 W. Washington Street, Phx with “No Amnesty” signs to counter the ‘Open Border March for Respect & Dignity. Bring water, shade, lawn chairs and quarters to fed the parking meters. Contact: Barb Heller
· LD23 Will Host An Arizona Gubernatorial Candidate Forum at 7 pm, Oct 17 at the Scottsdale Preparatory Academy, 16537 N. 92nd St., Scottsdale. Confirmed Panelists: Ken Bennett, Christine Jones, Al Melvin, Dr. John Molina. Moderator: Len Munsil. VIP reception at 6 pm. RSVP for VIP reception: email@example.com or 480-361-0465.
· The Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) will host four public forums one developing the 2014 hunt recommendations for pronghorn antelope, elk, and population managements hunts. Meetings are scheduled from 6-8 pm:
· Oct. 16, Pinetop, AZGFD Region 1 office, 2878 E. White Mountain Blvd.
· Oct. 16, Mesa, AZGFD Region 6 office, 7200 E. University Drive.
· Oct. 17, Kingman, AZGFD Region 3 office, 5325 N. Stockton Hill Road.
· Oct. 21, Flagstaff, AZGFD Region 2 office, 3500 S. Lake Mary Road.
The proposed hunt recommendations will be posted at www.azgfd.gov/huntguidelines by Nov. 26 and will be made available for public review at six regional open houses (tba)
· Amy B. Chan Will Be Stepping Down as State Election Director next month. She is leaving to devote more time to her family. Mrs. Chan was appointed Election Director by Secretary Ken Bennett in March 2009.
· Christina Estes-Werther has been appointed the new State Election Director by Secretary of State Ken Bennett - effective Oct 21, 2013. She currently serves as Governor Jan Brewer’s Deputy General Counsel.
· Surprise City Council Candidate Randy Miller has filed a complaint with the AZ Attorney General’s office regarding Councilman Richard Alton maintaining his council position via phone after submitting an Oct 1 resignation (effective Nov 1, 2014). Alton maintains the position at the encouragement of the mayor and council, according to Miller. Alton and his wife sold their Sun City Grand home in late August and moved to California to be closer to their family. Miller cites: Title 38-291 section 5: "If the office is elective, the person holding the office ceasing to be a resident of the state, or, if the office is local, or from a legislative or congressional district, the person holding the office ceasing to be a resident of the district, county, city, town or precinct for which he was elected, or within which the duties of his office are required to be discharged." Contact: Randy Miller firstname.lastname@example.org
Reservations necessary for food preparation: email@example.comA Fundraising Potluck BBQ For Congressman Paul Gosar is scheduled from 4-8 pm, Oct 5 at the home of Sue Goodchild, 1905 West Road 2 South, Chino Valley. $10 per adults, children under age 12 – free. Participants are asked to bring a side dish to serve 12. Bring chairs.
Justin Johnson has been established by the Conservative Business League (CBL) at 3375 E Shea Blvd, Ste 2-B, Phoenix, AZ 85028. Contact: (480) 707-9043.A Fund For Phoenix City Council District 4 Candidate
· Congressman Paul Gosar Is Hosting An “ Adopt-A-Highway Clean-Up” between 2-4 pm, Oct 5 between marker posts 326/327 along Hwy 89, Chino Valley. Volunteers are urged to bring gloves and wear long pants/boots.(Garbage bags and safety vests will be provided). Meet/park at Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce, 175 E. Road 2 South, Chino Valley.(corner of Road 2 South, next to mile marker 326). RSVP to: Julie Schreiner at
· KKNT 960 Talk Show Hostess Lisa Benson Will Address The Sun City West Republican Club at 8:30 am, Oct 5 in the SCW Foundations Bldg Quail Room, 14465 RH Johnson Blvd, Sun City West. Benson will talk about the violent Jihad threat to America. Coffee/donuts at 8 am. $2 admission to defray room costs. Open to the public. Please call 602-421-8877 so they know how many donuts to purchase. Contact: John Neal firstname.lastname@example.org 602-218-5344 cell: 602-421-8877
· Jose Borrajero, MCRC 2nd Vice Chairman, is ready to resume precinct committeeman (PC) training with his 20 minute Power Point presentation, followed with a 10 minute Q&A. Contact: Borrajero at email@example.com or 602-402-5932.
· A Las Vegas Ranch Style Trail Ride And BBQ Lunch Fundraiser for Senator Steve Pierce is planned Oct 5 at the Las Vegas Ranch, 14000 Seven V Ranch Road, Prescott. Contact Jenna Brouk firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-226-7596.
· AZ Attorney General Candidate Mark Brnovich will address the Arizona Project at 6:30 pm, Oct 7 at 3375 E. Shea Blvd, Phx.
· Congressman Paul Gosar has scheduled:
ü Oct 5 - Adopt-A-Highway Cleanup, 2-4 pm, Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce, 175 E. Road 2 South, Chino Valley.
ü Oct 7 - Coffee with the Gosar: 8 am, Ground Control, 4860 N. Litchfield Rd, .
· Sun City West Republicans Will Meet At 8 Am (pastry/coffee) 8:30 am mtg, Oct 5 to hear KKNT talk show Lisa Benson. SCW Foundation Bldg, Quail Rm, 14465 R H Johnson Blvd, Sun City West. $2 donation to cover room rent.
· No-Host Bar. RSVP: (No Pooch Required to Attend) Shiree Verdone 602-541-2997 Jane Lynch 602-741-6898.
· The Yavapai County Trunk & Tusk Family Cook-Out (Ranch Style BBQ with games and activities) is scheduled at Mortimer Family Farms (formerly Young’s Farm) in Dewey between 10 am and 3 pm, Nov. 2. Tickets are $25 per adult; children under 12/under are half-price. Entertainment includes music, vendors, booths, elected officials, and 2014 candidates. Tickets are on sale now for a Ruger SR22 Pistol Raffle; $5 a piece, 3 for $10, or 7 for $20. $5 Donor Cards - for a chance to win a free ticket to the Cook-Out (two drawings Oct 30). For BBQ/raffle tickets (928) 776-4500.
· LD21 Movers/Shakers. 9-11 am, Oct 5 Plaza Del Rio Community Center, 13215 N. 94th Dr., Peoria. Panelists Arizona African American Republican Committee Chr Clyde Bowen, Maricopa County Supervisor #2 Steve Chucri, Arizona State Treasurer Doug Ducey, and Radio Talk Show Host Terry Gilberg. Tickets: $10 www.LD21.org. Contact: First VC Teresa Wright 623-498-7999
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham Will Address the Lincoln Republican Women’s Club Dinner at 7 pm, Oct 7 at the Millennium Resort Scottsdale-McCormick Ranch, 7401 N. Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale. 5:30 meet/greet. 6:20 pm dinner. Buffet Menu $28. Reservations: Judy Eisenhower, 480-368-2777 or EGIAZ@cox.net
· "Concerned Veterans For America's Defend Freedom Bus Tour" is stopping in Mesa at Toby Keith's Bar and Grille, 10605 N Dobson Rd, from 6-9 pm, Oct 7. County Attorney Bill Montgomery and other local and national conservative veteran leaders will attend. CVA is a conservative veterans group whose mission is to advocate for less government spending, economic freedom, and a strong national defense. RSVP: defendfreedomtour.com/join-the-tour/. Questions: Dan Caldwell email@example.com or Mike Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org."
“Packages From Home” Is Raffling A Smith & Wesson – M&P .40. Cal handgun to raise funds for postage to ship packages to overseas military. Tickets: Arizona Project, 3375 E. Shea Blvd, Phx., or call Roger Hesketh at 602-790-5721 or on line at: packagesfromhome.gun-raffle
· Survey Participants Are Needed For The Oct 21 Citizen Focus Group “The Pulses Of Arizona – Is Anyone Listening?” kick off – a newly formed, local Dr. Frank Luntz type program that will be aired the third Monday of the month. Participants from all walks of life are sought, along with candidates and elected officials. Meet at 6 pm at Broadcast USA Film Studios, 10755 E. Cactus Road, Scottsdale. Volunteers, between the ages of 25-45, regardless of political affiliation should call Nina at (480) 707-9043 www.conservativebusinessleague.com
· The LD23 Business Network Is Sponsoring A 90-Minute Dennis Michael Lynch Interactive presentation at 7 pm, Nov 1 at the Scottsdale Hilton Grand Ballroom, 6333 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale. Lynch will cover such topics as immigration reform, terrorism, job creation, welfare, how to win back the White House in 2016; and present sneak preview clips of his latest documentary The 9-11 Freedom Ride, - showing what took place at the “2 Million Bikers to DC” ride on 9-11-13. 7 pm - General seating $15 or VIP seating - $25. 5:30-6:30 pm VIP seating/reception - $50 per person. Reservations required. Paid attendees will receive two DVD’s: The come to America I and II. RVSP/tickets: https://secure.qgiv.com/for/d2rc/ and click on “Events” or check payable to LD23 with number of attendees to Linda Rizzo, 9324 E. Wood Dr., Scottsdale, AZ 85260. Contacts: Liz at 602-315-0349 or Jim at 602-538-9387.
· Message From Arizona’s National Committeeman Bruce Ash: In the middle of one heck of a budget fight now we're headed for a bruising new debate on raising the national debt limit.
Despite his 2011 political civility crusade the president has recently been targeting insults against the so called "anarchists and extortionists" in the Republican House; going so far as suggesting a gun has been placed against his head. The president has also tried to re write history on prior debates for raising the debt ceiling. He forgets that democrats have leveraged against debt ceiling increases as recently as 1989 and while the president still served in the Senate he charged raising the debt limit was unpatriotic. He even voted against raising the debt ceiling.
The president and his partner Harry Reid are now attempting to poison Wall Street and the bond markets making over the top statements designed to strike fear in the financial sector. The pair suggests that if the debt ceiling is not raised America will default on its debt. This is just false and they know it. America has survived sequestration and a slim down despite their claims.
To all of this I say ~ S L O W D OW N Mr. President. Listen to the people of America who are saying loud and clear we want results and less name calling. Mr President it is time to listen to America. It is time to talk with the loyal opposition. We can fix ObamaCare, pass a budget and deal with the debt responsibly.
· Congressman Matt Salmon On Shutdown Day 4: “Earlier this morning, Americans learned the truth about President Obama’s plan to end the government shutdown – there is none. According to his senior staff, the President simply intends to wait it out and ‘win’.That a ‘senior administration official’ from the White House would imply that the government shutdown is just a game is nothing short of shameful and irresponsible.
“Both Democrats and Republicans agree that a government shutdown is harmful to the lives of ordinary Americans. This is why House Republicans continue to offer solutions to end the shutdown and begin providing funding for critical non-controversial agencies. Sadly, Senate Democrats continue to reject them. Even worse, President Obama continues to issue veto threats on bills that would immediately fund veterans’ benefits, life-saving cancer research and national guard and reserve members.
“Given the statement by his senior staff, now we know why the President is refusing to fund the government. He wants to wait out the shutdown and try to place the blame on Republicans. This is not leadership.
“If President Obama is serious about leading our country out of this mess he could take cue from the 57 House Democrats – including two from Arizona – who have voted with Republicans to fund certain government agencies since the shutdown began. These Democrats are willing to negotiate with Republicans so we can move forward and re-open the entire government. It’s now day 4 of the government shutdown and the difference is becoming increasingly clear: Republicans continue to talk about opening up the government; Democrats continue to talk about how to keep it closed.”
· Tempe-Banks-Steel-Dam Stronger, Longer-Term Replacement For Rubber Dam
· In D.C. 'Negotiate' Means 'Eradicate' Montini
· Must See: Muslim Take Over In Paris
· GOP Budget Delusions Robb
AMERICAN FREEDOM BY BARBARA Updated Daily
FLOYD REPORTS Daily updates
NEW ZEAL BLOGDaily updates
· Here In Arizona, The AZGOP Is Debt-Free but the Arizona Democratic Party is $62,000 in the red. Their FEC report is here. Thankfully for Arizonans, we have a GOP Governor and Republican majorities in the Legislature. – AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham
· Why I am Republican: Lilia Dashevsky - First Generation & Chairman of the Arizona Teenage Republicans, Video here.
· Oct 12 – Candidate/Campaign Staffer Seminar. 8 am-1 pm, AZGOP headquarter, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. $25 per person, includes lunch. register here.
· Jan 25 - Arizona Republican 2014 Mandatory Meeting 2014 At Grace Community Church - 1200 E Southern Ave Tempe, AZ 85282.
ILLEGALS, IMMIGRATION, BORDERS
· Remember1986.Com Updated Daily
· M3 Report Updated Daily Caution: Graphic Photos
· Az Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Law Enforcement: Illegal Human And Drug Traffic
FIRST AMENDMENT/FREE SPEECH
· It Is Time To VETO Obama By Dr. Laurie Roth
DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY (DHS)
SUPPORT YOUR MARICOPA COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY
A Dime A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.10 times 365= $36.50 contribution
A Quarter A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.25 times 365= $91.25 contribution
A Nickel A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.05 times 365= $18.25 contribution
Frosty Taylor, Editor email@example.com