- ► February (20)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ▼ December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Maricopa County Republican Briefs
Maricopa County Republican Chairman: AJ LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
Briefs Editor – Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Dec 5, 2013
(928) 308-2033 Penny.Pew@mail.house.govThe House Oversight And Government Reform Committee, Of Which Congressman Paul A. Gosar, (AZ-04) is a member, is holding a hearing in Arizona entitled "ObamaCare Implementation, The Broken Promise: If You Like Your Current Plan You Can Keep It" at 10 am, Dec 6 in the Apache Junction City Council Chambers, 300 E. Superstition Blvd, Apache Junction. Open to the public. Contact Penny Pew
· A Christmas Party/Fundraiser For Laddie Shane, Scottsdale School Board candidate, will be hosted by Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Maricopa County Supervisor Steve Chucri, Chuck Schmidt, Kevin Neil and Jim O’Connor from 6-8 pm, Dec 17 in the Titanium Lounge at the Scottsdale Gun Club, 14860 N Northsight Blvd, Scottsdale.RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (480) 773-9054.
· LD18 PC Mike Richardson Has Announced His Candidacy for the Maricopa County Republican Committee Executive Guidance Committee Member –at Large. The four-year PC, 40 year electrical contracting business owner is running independently of any slate. Richardson and his wife (his high school sweetheart) have four adult children and seven granddaughters. Contact: Mike Richardson Mrichar182@aol.com
· Scottsdale Resident Jennifer Petersen Announced Her Candidacy for the Scottsdale City Council today. Petersen is a 26 year resident of Scottsdale, served as the president of the Scottsdale Unified School District governing board. She intends to run on a platform of fiscal responsibility, limited government, improved city services, accountability, transparency and improved citizen involvement and communication. Contact: Kyle Moyer 480-941-0781 email@example.com
· LD29 Meets The Second Tuesday Of The Month at 7 pm at 6006 N. 83rd Ave., Glendale. They no longer gather at Denny’s Restaurant, according to Chairman Charlie Ellis. 480-678-0938.
· The Fix Is In In case you missed it, John Boehner has hired Rebecca Tallent. Tallent worked for the left-of-center “Bipartisan Policy Center,” and is a serious amnesty advocate. She helped John McCain and Ted Kennedy during the Bush era on that disastrous plan.
· Maj. Gen. Paul Vallely (Ret.) spoke to the Surprise Tea Party Patriots on Dec 2. See speech
· LD29 Chairman Charlie Ellis (480-678-0938) is asking for volunteer plumbers, electricians, drywallers, carpenters and demo crews to help provide improvements to veteran owner occupied homes within zip code 85033 (roughly bounded by 59th Avenue to 83rd Avenue from Camelback Road to Thomas Road.) between Dec 12-14. The Maryvale Revitalization Corporation in conjunction with Home Depot and The Curb Appeal Program provides resources for exterior home improvements at no cost to the owner. Improvements may include exterior house paint, limited desert landscaping, windows and doors. Funding is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Call 623-848-2795 for applications or information.
· Fountain Hills Republican Club Member Rosemary Hansen has been appointed to serve the remainder of the term as Third Vice President/Events Chair following the resignation of Charlene Dill.
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham will install new officers and address the Sun City West Republican Club at the 8 am, Dec 7 in the SCW Foundations Bldg Quail Room, 14465 RH Johnson Blvd, Sun City West.
· Secretary Of State Ken Bennett Will Formally Dedicate the nearly completed WWII Memorial at 9:45 am, Dec 7 at the Wesley Bolin Memorial Plaza, Phx. A large contingent of WWII veterans, including Pearl Harbor survivors will be in attendance. The dedications includes a B-17 flyover, wreath laying ceremony, with remarks by Bennett, Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton, State Historian Marshall Trimble and Rear Admiral Scott Sanders. See: www.GunsToSaluteTheFallen.com
· Dedication Schedule:
Viewers: to bring a lawn chair, as the only reserved seating /parking will be for WWII veterans.
ü 7:48 am - Run to the Guns departs EagleRiders, 1000 N. McClintock Drive, Tempe
ü 8:30 am - Run to the Guns arrives state capitol complex
ü 9: am - Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community Flag is installed in a case in the Relic Room of the USS Arizona.
ü 9:45 am - WWII Memorial Dedication & Pearl Harbor Day Remembrance Ceremony begins
ü 9:50 am - Arizona Capitol Museum will play a live feed of the Pearl Harbor Observance from Hawaii
ü 10:55 am - B-17 Flyover by CAF (Commemorative Air Force, Airbase Arizona)
ü 11:45 am - Approximate end of ceremony
ü 1:00 - American Concert & BBQ in celebration of the WWII Memorial and fundraiser for veterans -f eaturing Jimmie Van Zant of Lynyrd Skynyrd - 1000 N. McClintock, Tempe
o -Wesley Bolin Memorial Plaza will open at 5 am to begin load in.
o -Dedicated satellite truck parking will be available on Adams, see attached map of plaza.
· Phoenix Vice Mayor Bill Gates Invites You to join him on a one-mile walk from Phx City Hall, 200 W Washington, to the Arizona State Capitol at 8 am, Dec 7 for the Pearl Harbor Day Walk to participate in the dedications of the 14” gun from the USS Arizona and a 16” gun from the USS Missouri. Registration: PearlHarborDayWalk@gmail.com The guns bookend the World War II memorial and include the names of the Arizona casualties during World War II. Check in 8 am, speaker 9 am, WWII honor ceremony 9:30 am. Walk begins at 10 am.
· The Dec 7 Dedication Of Arizona’s WWII Memorial Run To The Guns, hosted by Secretary of State Ken Bennett, will feature a free DPS escorted ride from the EagleRider Motorcycle Shop, 1000 N. McClintock Dr., Tempe to the gun site. Co- sponsored by veteran riders and veterans groups, the riders will depart from EagleRider Motorcycle at 7:48 am, traveling to the Wesley Bolin Plaza, 1700 W. Washington, Phx. Following the dedication ceremony, everyone is invited back to EagleRider Motorcycles for a free Jimmy Van Zant concert in conjunction with an open house, vendors and floor between 1-5 pm.
· More Than 120 Members Of The 860th Military Police Company From The Arizona Army National Guard will return at approximately 11:30 am, Dec. 7 at the Valencia Armory, 5500 E. Valencia, Tucson. The 860th MP CO supported numerous missions while assigned to Camp Sabalu-Harrison in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, with the main effort in the area of training, assisting and advising the Afghan National Army in security force assistance and detention operations within the Afghan National Detention Facility in Parwan, Afghanistan’s Theatre Internment Facility. Over the last nine months the 860th MP CO has served as the vanguard unit of the 18th Military Police Brigade, Task Force Vigilant, and was responsible for the comprehensive transition of the detention facility to independent control by the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. More than 200 Arizona National Guard Soldiers and Airmen are still serving on federal active duty overseas, and more than 10,000 Arizona Guard members have been called to federal active service since Sept. 11, 2001. Soldiers are from the following Arizona hometowns: Avondale, Benson, Buckeye, Casa Grande, Coolidge, Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Goodyear, Laveen, Litchfield Park, Maricopa, Marana, Mesa, Nogales, Oro Valley, Peoria, Phoenix, Rio Rico, Sahuarita, Sonoita, San Luis, San Tan Valley, Oracle, Scottsdale, Surprise, Tolleson, Tempe, Vail, Yuma, and Tucson. Contact: Capt. Mathew Murphy, 480-201-4700.
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club Christmas Party is scheduled at 9 am, Dec 21. Participants are asked to bring a dish to share. RSVP to Chris Brant at ChrisppBrant@gmail.com with what you plan to bring.
· An Arizona Constitutional Conservative Gubernatorial Forum is scheduled at 6:30 pm, Dec 12 at the Sun City West Foundation Bldg., 14465 R.H. Johnson Blvd. Sun City West. Doors open at 5:30 pm. Any clean elections candidate is welcome to bring petitions and forms. Announcements will be made. Only gubernatorial candidates will be allow mic time. Contact:
- Congressman Matt Salmon (AZ-CD5) convene a field hearing of the Subcommittee on the Western Hemisphere at 10 am, Dec 9 in the Tucson City Council Chambers, 255 W Alameda St. Topic: Improving Security and Facilitating Commerce with Mexico at America’s Southern Border. Arizona Congressman David Schweikert and Ron Barber (D) will participate in the discussion.
- Laddie Shane, Chairman Of The Credentials And Nominations Committee for the Jan 25, 2014 AZGOP Mandatory meeting needs:
ü the names of nominees for the first, second and third vice chairman, assistant secretary, assistant treasurer, sergeant-at-arms and assistant sergeant-at-arms by 5 pm, Dec. 15.
ü each legislative district and county chairman to send him a list of their state committeemen in excel format by 5 pm, Dec 15.
ü Two volunteers from each LD in Maricopa and Pima counties, and two from the rest of the counties by Jan 5 for credentials tables.
Shane can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org 480-773-9054.
· Congressman Matt Salmon’s Statement As An Original Cosponsor of legislation that disapproves of the President’s failure to “take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed” as required by Article II Sec. 3 of the Constitution: “No President has the authority to unilaterally alter, rewrite, or amend what is law. I’d like to reintroduce the president to a historical concept in America called the separation of powers. The Founding Fathers never intended for one branch of government to have all the power while superseding the other branches. Our nation’s first president, George Washington, stated ‘It is my duty to see the Laws executed: to permit them to be trampled with impunity would be repugnant to’ that duty. Article I of the Constitution clearly grants lawmaking authority to the legislative branch. That is why I joined my colleague Rep. DeSantis to cosponsor legislation that echoes what President Washington said and what Article II Sec. 3 of the Constitution reinforces. If President Obama wants changes to Obamacare he must go through Congress and stop violating the separation of powers.”
Reps. DeSantis and Salmon’s resolution:
ü Disapproves of the President’s failure to “take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed” as required by the Constitution;
ü Disapproves of the President's usurpation of the legislative power of Congress through the rewriting of key provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; and
ü Reaffirms that the preservation of the Constitution’s separation of powers is essential for the protection of individual liberty and the maintenance of the rule of law. Read the full text here.
· Victor Petersen And Eddie Cook Need Volunteers between 8-9 am Dec 7 to help gather signatures for re-election to the Gilbert City Council. Volunteers to meet at the parking lot at the Southeast corner of Gilbert Rd and Cullumber Ave at 7:30 am. to pick up petitions prior to the Gilbert Days Parade.
· AZ Teenage Republicans will meet at 10 am, Dec 7 at AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Constitutionalist Shane Krauser will address the group.
· Santa And His Elves Are Setting Up Shop Again in the Hualapai Mountain Park, 6250 Hualapai Mountain Road, (just north of Kingman) from 1-5 pm on Dec 7, 8, 14 and 15 complete with vendors, food, pictures with Santa. $7 per carload one-day admission. Informatin: call 928-681-5700 or visit www.mcparks.com.
· Americans For Prosperity –Arizona Will Host A Canvassing Breakfast, training and neighborhood walk starting at 8 am,
ü Dec 7 at the Westward Look Resort, 245 E. Ina Road, Tucson. Limited seating. Registration: TrainTucson7.eventbrite.com
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club has grown to 299 members, according to Tait Elkie, club president. Tait@Elkielaw.com
· The National Rifle Association (NRA) Is Calling For Volunteers to help clean up Box Canyon recreational area, a popular place for shooter near Maricopa, between 8 am and noon, Dec. 7. See details http://tinyurl.com/BoxCanyon2013 .
· Congressman Matt Salmon: On The Passing Of President Nelson Mandela Of South Africa “The world has lost a courageous man who was an anti-apartheid leader, who was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his work, and who led South Africa through a trying time of reform. Not easily deterred and full of hope for the future of his country, he is quoted as saying ‘I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.’ I hope future generations will be encouraged by President Mandela’s tenacity to bring peace to his nation and raise awareness on issues affecting his fellow South Africans.”
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club ‘Meet-Up’ is scheduled at 7 pm, Dec 11 at Euro Pizza in Fountain Hills. Dues are $15 per person or $20 per family. The next mtg is Jan. 28.
· Boehner-Legalization-Advocate-To Advise-On Immigration Prepares To Push Amnesty Bill Through House With McCain’s Former Aide
· Dec 6 – “ Speak Out” Radio Talk Show (2nd Fri) with co-host Ron Gould, former AZ legislator of Mohave County. 11 am, Voice of the Free 106.3 FM Listen live www.kntram.com
· Dec 7 - THE AZ GOP’S MILITARY AND VETERANS SERVICE COMMITTEE (2nd Sat) 10:30 am, AZGOP HQ, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Contact: Chr Chairman Vern Bagley at email@example.com
· Dec 7 - SCOTTSDALE REPUBLICAN FORUM BREAKFAST. (1st Sat) 8:30 am. McCormick Ranch Golf Club, 7505 E. McCormick Ranch Parkway, Scottsdale. Breakfast members $17, Non-members $20, coffee only $5. RSVP to Guyrphillips@gmail.com
· Dec 7 – LINCOLN REPUBLICAN WOMEN’S CLUB. McCormick Ranch, 7401 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale. 5:30 pm meet & greet. 6 pm mtg, 6:20 dinner. 7 pm $28 per person. Reservations: Judy Eisenhower or EGIAZ@cox.net
· Dec 7 – SUN CITY WEST REPUBLICANS 8 am coffee, 8:30 am mtg. Quail Rm, SCW Foundations Bldg, 14465 RH Johnson Blvd, Sun City West. $2 admission. Installation of new officers- AZGO Chairman Robert Graham. Contact: John Neal 602-421-8877 firstname.lastname@example.org or President Pro Tem Jan Martinson, (623) 546-3753. gop.scwclubs.com
GOP/REPUBLICAN NAT’L COMMITTEE www.gop.com
ILLEGALS, IMMIGRATION, BORDERS
· Remember1986.Com Updated Daily
· M3 Report Updated Daily Caution: Graphic Photos
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Law Enforcement: Illegal Human And Drug Traffic
WAR ON WOMEN
· Muslim-Immigrants-Raped-Over-300-Swedish-Children-In-Seven-Months-Of-2013 In The First Seven Months Of 2013, Over 1,000 Swedish Women Reported Being Raped By Muslim Immigrants. Over 300 Of Those Were Under The Age Of 15. The Number Of Rapes Is Up 16% Compared To 2012 Numbers.
CULTURAL WARS/RELIGIOUS ISSUES
· US-General-Leads-New-Assault-On-Obama-Policies Flawed Approach 'Devastating' Military
· Boehner-Legalization-Advocate-To Advise-On Immigration Prepares To Push Amnesty Bill Through House With Mccain’s Former Aide
· Obama-Crossed-The-Constitutional-Line-House-Panel-Is-Told-Audio Two Constitutional Law Professors Told The House Judiciary Committee That President
Boehner-Legalization-Advocate-To Advise-On Immigration Prepares To Push Amnesty Bill Through House With McCain’s Former Aide
OBAMACARE Aka ACA/HEALTH
· It's A Fine Time To Leave Me ....Blue Shield Revised Song
· Coffeecare A Spoof On Obamacare
· Obama-Crossed-The-Constitutional-Line-House-Panel-Is-Told-Audio Two Constitutional Law Professors Told The House Judiciary Committee That President Obama Exceeded His Authority With Unilateral Actions On Immigration And Obamacare Enforcement.
· Sweetwater-District-Spent-Big For Arne-Duncan: $17,000 Stage, $3000 Worth Of Flags, $5000 In Banners
Aka AZ's College And Career Ready Standards
DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY (DHS)
· Obama Throws Pope Francis Under The Bus Marxist Obama Dives For Cover Under Pope’s Skirts
· Obama Is His Name Song
· Obama_Approval_Index_Month_By_Month Obama’s Full-Month Approval Hits Two-Year Low In November
SUPPORT YOUR MARICOPA COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY
A Dime A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.10 times 365= $36.50 contribution
A Quarter A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.25 times 365= $91.25 contribution
A Nickel A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.05 times 365= $18.25 contribution
Frosty Taylor, Editor email@example.com