- ► February (20)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ▼ December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Maricopa County Republican Briefs
Maricopa County Republican Chairman: AJ LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
Briefs Editor – Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Dec 6, 2013
Tomorrow is Pearl Harbor Day
Editor’s Note: If the links won’t open for you, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a copy in a different format until our web site tech can capture the cyber gremlins playing havoc this week.
· Pearl Harbor Day Recognition Starts Off Early Tomorrow Morning with the gathering of motorcycle riders who will ride together to the WWII Memorial ‘Big Guns’ Dedication at Wesley Bolin Plaza in Phoenix. Attendees are asked to bring a lawn chair as reserved parking/seating is for the WWII veterans. See schedule:
ü 7:48 am - Run to the Guns motocyclists depart EagleRiders, 1000 N. McClintock Drive, Tempe (details below)
ü 8 am – One Mile Walk from Phx City Hall check in (see details below)
ü 8:30 am - Run to the Guns arrives state capitol complex
ü 9: am - Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community Flag is installed in a case in the Relic Room of the USS Arizona.
ü 9:45 am - WWII Memorial Dedication & Pearl Harbor Day Remembrance Ceremony
ü 9:50 am - Arizona Capitol Museum - live feed of the Pearl Harbor Observance from Hawaii
ü 10:55 am - B-17 Flyover by CAF (Commemorative Air Force, Airbase Arizona)
ü 11:45 am - Approximate end of ceremony
ü 1:00 - Concert & BBQ in celebration of the WWII Memorial and fundraiser for veterans -featuring Jimmie Van Zant of Lynyrd Skynyrd - 1000 N. McClintock, Tempe,
· The Dec 7 Dedication Of Arizona’s WWII Memorial Run To The Guns, hosted by Secretary of State Ken Bennett, will feature a free DPS escorted ride from the EagleRider Motorcycle Shop, 1000 N. McClintock Dr., Tempe to the gun site. Co- sponsored by veteran riders and veterans groups, the riders will depart from EagleRider Motorcycle at 7:48 am, traveling to the Wesley Bolin Plaza, 1700 W. Washington, Phx. Following the dedication ceremony, everyone is invited back to EagleRider Motorcycles for a free Jimmy Van Zant concert in conjunction with an open house, vendors and floor between 1-5 pm.
· Phoenix Vice Mayor Bill Gates Hosts A One-Mile Walk From Phx City Hall, 200 W Washington, to the Arizona State Capitol at 8 am, Dec 7 for the Pearl Harbor Day Walk to participate in the dedications of the 14” gun from the USS Arizona and a 16” gun from the USS Missouri. Registration: PearlHarborDayWalk@gmail.com The guns bookend the World War II memorial and include the names of the Arizona casualties during World War II.
· Secretary Of State Ken Bennett Will Formally Dedicate the nearly completed WWII Memorial at 9:45 am, Dec 7 at the Wesley Bolin Memorial Plaza, Phx. A large contingent of WWII veterans, including Pearl Harbor survivors will be in attendance. The dedications includes a B-17 flyover, wreath laying ceremony, with remarks by Bennett, Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton, State Historian Marshall Trimble and Rear Admiral Scott Sanders. See: www.GunsToSaluteTheFallen.com
· Courthouse Lighting, Parade Kick Off The Holidays Saturday In Prescott 1 p.m. parade with about 100 entries. 6 pm. courthouse lighting with Sec of State Ken Bennett retelling the story of the First Christmas in the Courthouse Plaza.
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham will install new officers and address the Sun City West Republican Club at the 8 am, Dec 7 in the SCW Foundations Bldg Quail Room, 14465 RH Johnson Blvd, Sun City West.
· More Than 120 Members Of The 860th Military Police Company From The Arizona Army National Guard will return at approximately 11:30 am, Dec. 7 at the Valencia Armory, 5500 E. Valencia, Tucson. Contact: Capt. Mathew Murphy, 480-201-4700.
· Victor Petersen And Eddie Cook Need Volunteers between 8-9 am Dec 7 to help gather signatures for re-election to the Gilbert City Council. Volunteers to meet at the parking lot at the Southeast corner of Gilbert Rd and Cullumber Ave at 7:30 am. to pick up petitions prior to the Gilbert Days Parade.
· AZ Teenage Republicans will meet at 10 am, Dec 7 at AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Constitutionalist Shane Krauser will address the group.
· Santa And His Elves Are Setting Up Shop Again in the Hualapai Mountain Park, 6250 Hualapai Mountain Road, (just north of Kingman) from 1-5 pm on Dec 7, 8, 14 and 15 complete with vendors, food, pictures with Santa. $7 per carload one-day admission. Informatin: call 928-681-5700 or visit www.mcparks.com.
· Americans For Prosperity –Arizona Will Host A Canvassing Breakfast, training and neighborhood walk starting at 8 am,
ü Dec 7 at the Westward Look Resort, 245 E. Ina Road, Tucson. Limited seating. Registration: TrainTucson7.eventbrite.com
· The National Rifle Association (NRA) Is Calling For Volunteers to help clean up Box Canyon recreational area, a popular place for shooter near Maricopa, between 8 am and noon, Dec. 7. See details http://tinyurl.com/BoxCanyon2013
· LD13 Chairman Robert Branch has announced that the 7 pm, Dec 10 meeting will be moved to the Eagles Nest, 3645 Clubhouse Drive, Goodyear. Wil Cardon, candidate for Arizona Secretary of State is scheduled to speak. Contact: Chairman – Bob Branch email@example.com
· Volunteers are needed to help staff the Jan 14 Maricopa County Republican Mandatory meeting.
ü Proxy Check: 12 – 18 people with laptop computers (Windows based). Contact: George Teegarden (firstname.lastname@example.org)
ü Tally: 20 people to work at each polling machine. (check credential tag and mark tag), Contact: Tom Husband (email@example.com)
ü Set-up /Tear-down: 30 – 40 people (half for friday night before the event, half for saturday afternoon after the event) Contact: Joe Hobbs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
ü Parking / Security: 15 – 20 people to arrive early, wear reflective vests, put up traffic cones, carry flashlights to direct traffic into facility and parking area. also, to stand outside various doors of building an direct attendees to proper entrance. Contact: Curt Miller (email@example.com) Parking Volunteers preferably not PC’s, so that they do not miss registration.)
ü INFO Booth: 10 people to work table outdoors to provide directions to those attending and arriving from the parking lot (7-9 am) Contact: Loraine Pellegrino, firstname.lastname@example.org
ü Packet Stuffing: 50 – 75 at AZ GOP HQ on Saturday, 1/4/2014, at 1:00 PM, to stuff ballots, memorials, agenda, flyers into packets for the following Saturday’s meeting!
· Arizona Corporation Commissioner Susan Bitter-Smith spoke to the he State Bar of Arizona Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section today. Susan Bitter Smith.
· Chuck Gray’s new book "Living the American Dream" is now available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Chuck Gray
· Diane Douglas Spoke To The Maricopa Tea Party last night about the perils of Common Core a.k.a. Arizona College and Career Ready Standards and the PARCC testing.
Tom Jenney And Shane Wikfors Will Head For a special breakfast and community activist training tomorrow. If you want to join them for a free Dec 7breakfast and iPad training register here: http://traintucson7.eventbrite.com
· The Wickenburg City Council Has Passed A Proclamation declaring the entire month of January be recognized as Vulture Mine Daze, along with the state recognized first Saturday of January Vulture Mine Day. A Vulture Mine Daze celebration will be held at 2 pm, Jan 26 in the Coffinger Park Recreation Center complete with a home cooked meal, live music, cowboy entertainment comedy/music, fashion show, high school student art show and a door prize. Student art can be purchased. Reservations required. $20 per person. RSVP to Paula Hartwell 684-9018 no later than Jan. 20. Sen Judy Burges and former Sen Jack Harper will be in attendance (both were instrumental in getting the state Vulture Mine Day passed. Other invited guests include Gov Jan. Brewer, Kathie McGee, Wickenburg Mayor John Cook, LD13 legislators – Sen. Don Shooter and Rep Steve Montenegro and Darin Mitchell, Congressman Matt Salmon and Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
· Viet Nam War Activist Mark Del Maestro will share his powerful message with the ARIZONA PROJECT at 6:30 pm, Dec 9 at 3375 E. Shea Blvd., Suite 2, Phx. His presentation will cover Children of War, how they affect your life today; Greatness of America's Freedom, and GOD's Covenant with the USA. Contact: Chr Ron Ludders 602-677-1496.
· Rep. David Schweikert’s Statement In Reaction To Arizonans’ stories of insurance cancellation and higher costs heard at a House Committee on Oversight Government Field Hearing in Apache Junction today.“So many Arizonans have lost their coverage as a result of Obamacare and the regulations the law has enforced on insurance companies,” said Schweikert. “The impact of the President’s broken promise is budget strain on hard-working Arizonans and fewerchoices at a much higher cost. I’ve received emails from constituentsand heard residents here at this hearingtell of 50% to 320% increases in their insurance premiums, while simultaneously losing access to their doctors and services. These increases are having a devastating impact on families’ and individuals’ well being. Devastating people’s budgets is not a positive outcome.”
Schweikert said the law’s subsidy implementation creates additional budget issues, “I want to make sure everyone understands the math. If you make $6,000 less, you get $8,000 [in coverage subsidies]. You actually make money by minimizing by your productivity.The absurdity of this is sad.” An estimated 200 Arizonans attended the field hearing titled ‘The Broken Promise: If You Like Your Current Plan You Can Keep It.”
· The AZ State Attorney Republican Candidates Tom Horne (Incumbent) And Mark Brnovich (challenger) will entertain the Lincoln Republican Women’s Club 6 pm, Jan 6 dinner meeting at the Millennium Resort Scottsdale-McCormick Ranch, 7401 N Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale. $28 per person. RSVP to Patricia Kaufman, 7436 E. Tuckey Lane, Scottsdale, AZ 85250, ph 480-368-2777 or email email@example.com
· LD29 Meets The Second Tuesday Of The Month (Dec 10) at 7 pm at 6006 N. 83rd Ave., Glendale. They no longer gather at Denny’s Restaurant, according to Chairman Charlie Ellis. 480-678-0938.
· LD29 Chairman Charlie Ellis (480-678-0938) is asking for volunteer plumbers, electricians, drywallers, carpenters and demo crews to help provide improvements to veteran owner occupied homes within zip code 85033 (roughly bounded by 59th Avenue to 83rd Avenue from Camelback Road to Thomas Road.) between Dec 12-14. The Maryvale Revitalization Corporation in conjunction with Home Depot and The Curb Appeal Program provides resources for exterior home improvements at no cost to the owner. Improvements may include exterior house paint, limited desert landscaping, windows and doors. Funding is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Call 623-848-2795 for applications or information.
- Congressman Matt Salmon (AZ-CD5) convene a field hearing of the Subcommittee on the Western Hemisphere at 10 am, Dec 9 in the Tucson City Council Chambers, 255 W Alameda St. Topic: Improving Security and Facilitating Commerce with Mexico at America’s Southern Border. Arizona Congressman David Schweikert and Ron Barber (D) will participate in the discussion.
· Dec 7 - THE AZ GOP’S MILITARY AND VETERANS SERVICE COMMITTEE (2nd Sat) 10:30 am, AZGOP HQ, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Contact: Chr Chairman Vern Bagley at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Dec 7 - SCOTTSDALE REPUBLICAN FORUM BREAKFAST. (1st Sat) 8:30 am. McCormick Ranch Golf Club, 7505 E. McCormick Ranch Parkway, Scottsdale. Breakfast members $17, Non-members $20, coffee only $5. RSVP to Guyrphillips@gmail.com
· Dec 7 – LINCOLN REPUBLICAN WOMEN’S CLUB. McCormick Ranch, 7401 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale. 5:30 pm meet & greet. 6 pm mtg, 6:20 dinner. 7 pm $28 per person. Reservations: Judy Eisenhower or EGIAZ@cox.net
· Dec 7 – SUN CITY WEST REPUBLICANS 8 am coffee, 8:30 am mtg. Quail Rm, SCW Foundations Bldg, 14465 RH Johnson Blvd, Sun City West. $2 admission. Installation of new officers- AZGO Chairman Robert Graham. Contact: John Neal 602-421-8877 email@example.com or President Pro Tem Jan Martinson, (623) 546-3753. gop.scwclubs.com
· Dec 9 – LD4 (2nd Mon) 6:30 pm, Contact: LD4 Chairman Rhonda King Rhondaking08@Gmail.Com
· Dec 9 – LD19 (2nd Mon) Chairman Cherie Scott Cell 623-512-0494 firstname.lastname@example.org
AMERICAN FREEDOM BY BARBARA Updated Daily
FLOYD REPORTS Daily updates
· Conservative Student Leaders: Opportunities at AZGOP for Spring Semester. The AZGOP has launched a youth leadership initiative to encourage the next generation of Arizona political leaders and introduce them to the operations and campaign work of the state party leading up to the election in 2014, according to Chairman Robert Graham. The program will pay a stipend and involve hiring up to five students for the Spring semester to coordinate each of the AZGOP's leadership initiatives: Fundraising, Community Outreach, Marketing, New Media, and Political Outreach. Contact Mark Naufel for details.
GOP/REPUBLICAN NAT’L COMMITTEE www.gop.com
· The RSC’s American Health Care Reform Act, H.R. 3121, reached another milestone this week by gaining its 117th cosponsor, a majority of House GOP members. American Health Care Reform Act can here. citizen cosponsor here.
The RSC Has Put Together Three Useful Healthcare Related Documents. The first is a detailed timeline of the failed implementation of the federal exchange, healthcare.gov. The second is 45 pages of proof that details why the Affordable Care Act is unworkable, unaffordable and unfair for families. The third document is a menu of healthcare-related legislation introduced by RSC Members this Congress.
ILLEGALS, IMMIGRATION, BORDERS
· Remember1986.Com Updated Daily
· M3 Report Updated Daily Caution: Graphic Photos
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Law Enforcement: Illegal Human And Drug Traffic
· Boehner-Legalization-Advocate-To Advise-On Immigration Prepares To Push Amnesty Bill Through House With Mccain’s Former Aide
OBAMACARE Aka ACA/HEALTH
· It's A Fine Time To Leave Me ....Blue Shield Revised Song
Aka AZ's College And Career Ready Standards
DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY (DHS)
· Obama Is His Name Song
SUPPORT YOUR MARICOPA COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY
A Dime A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.10 times 365= $36.50 contribution
A Quarter A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.25 times 365= $91.25 contribution
A Nickel A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.05 times 365= $18.25 contribution
Frosty Taylor, Editor email@example.com