- ► August (17)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ▼ April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
April 29, 2014
· Congressman Matt Salmon’s Petition Gathering Volunteers who are competing in the $1,000 contest are asking to turn in their petitions by noon April 30. Contact Carolyn McCorkle at 330 612 3983 or email@example.com
· A LD29 Candidate Forum is scheduled at 6:30 pm, Wed., April 30 featuring senate candidates Lydia Hernandez and Martin Quezada, Republican House candidates Aaron Borders, Wayne Gardner, and Ernie P Zarra (Zarra unconfirmed), and House Democratic candidates Richard Andrade, Steven Chapman, Denice M Garcia, Ceci Velasquez and Cesar Chavez ( Chavez unconfirmed). The forum will be held at the Maryvale Community Center, 4420 N. 51st Ave., (N of Indian School Road or West of Grand Ave. to 43rd Ave., between Northern Ave. & McDowell Rd, Then West between Northern Ave. & Indian School Rd. to Litchfield Park. Free Translation & Refreshments. Sponsored by the West Side Town Hall Steering Committee and Merchants for a Better Maryvale. Details, CLICK HERE
· Zack Taylor, Chairman and Border Security Expert - National Association Of Former Border Patrol Officers: I have travelled quite a bit these past two years and spoken to thousands of Americans about the current state of Illegal Immigration. Principally, the following is what those contacts have expressed to me as I heard them. We Americans observed the media campaign and political push to pass the affordable care act over the wishes and best interests of the American People, which began in earnest during the Clinton administration, and now fully realize that the push to pass some form of Amnesty for illegal aliens is undergoing a similar level of political deception foisted upon us to defraud Americans into accepting an unacceptable solution to a problem that was caused by Congress. We want Congress to live up to their oath of office and do what is best for America. We want Congress and the Media to stop deflecting attention toward what is best for the illegal alien and focus their attention on what is best for American Citizens and Legal Residents. We at the National Association of Former Border Patrol Officers remind everyone that the two primary purposes of our Immigration laws is to protect American national security and American public safety both of which include American jobs and the American economy. The solution to the current problem of Illegal Immigration in America begins with enforcing current law nationwide not rewarding those that have broken those laws. www.nafbpo.org
· Volunteers Are Needed By The Mingus Mountain And Verde Valley Republican Clubs to man the information table at the April 30-May 4 Verde Valley Fair, Cottonwood. Contact: Bob O'Connell at (928) 301-4868 or Bob Malloy at (928) 202-2764.
· Ticket Sales To Hear Charles Krauthammer will close at 5 pm, April 30. Krauthammer is scheduled to address the 2014 CAP Family Dinner. Tickets $300 each. Reserve tickets & tables
· LD17 PCs Are Needed to from 9 am until noon, Sat., May 3 to walk the Dublin Precinct. Meet in the Krispy Kreme Donuts parking lot, SW side of ChandlerAlma School, 1055 W Chandler Blvd. Bring Smart Phone, Ipad/Tablet & Charger (backup maps will be provided) Clipboard, Petitions, Pen, Water, Hat & Sunscreen Contact: Angi Stamm at 602 561 3817 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· CD Candidate Andrew Walter’s Volunteers are invited to his campaign headquarters, 1243 E Broadway Rd #105, Tempe, at 6:30 pm, Wed., April 30 to go over future strategy party. Food and beverages to be served. RSVP: clicking here
The May 1 Maricopa County Republican Committee’s Executive Guidance Committee (MCRC EGC) Has Been Cancelled by Chairman A J LaFaro. “This will give everyone a short breather to focus on the various activities that are going on in your respective LDs and CDs - continue collecting candidate petition signatures, Target Team activities, registering voters, GOTV efforts, special elections etc.” MCRC EGC will resuming meeting on June 5, at which time each LD chairman will be given three to four minutes to update the EGC on what their LD is doing in preparation for the August primary and November general elections. MCRC bylaws require the EGC meet 10 times during even numbered years. Contact LaFaro email@example.com
· A LD23 House Candidate Jay Lawrence’ meet and greet’ is scheduled at 6 pm, Thurs, May 1 at Phil's Filling station, Fountain Hills. Contact: Jay Lawrence firstname.lastname@example.org
Fast & Furious ATF Agent And Whistleblower John Dodson will address the 6:30 pm, May 1, Remember 1986 dinner. (dinner at 5 pm) at Coco’s Paradise Valley Mall, 4568 E Cactus Rd, Phoenix. Dodson will present ‘The Unarmed Truth: My Fight to Blow the Whistle and Expose Fast and Furious’. RSVP required to email@example.com Contact: Barb Heller firstname.lastname@example.org
A Reception For Scottsdale City Council Candidate Michael Auerbach is scheduled at 5 pm, May 1, hosted by Perry & Wendy Herst And David Verwer, at the Herst residence, 10121 E Aster Dr., Scottsdale. Live music by Benson Band, gourmet food, open bar. Minimum contd\ribution $250 per person. (maximum $2,500 per person) RSVP: David Verwer At Dverwer@Ccim.Net Or 480-889-4555
History Map Of The United States. Watch The Evolution Of Growth From The 13 Colonies Up To The Present Day -- Including Dates, Wars, Purchases, Etc. When It Opens, Click On ‘Play’ At The Top.) Http://Www.Animatedatlas.Com/Movie
· Ray Spitzer, Author And Former LD9 Chairman: Who decides what is ‘hate speech?’ I'd bet that any of you could come up with three or four examples of what you believe is hate speech. So, just who decides what is and isn't hate speech, the federal government? Really? The federal leviathan wants to, and is planning to, "monitor" cell phones, internet sites, and everything else they can think of, looking for hate speech. But, who is deciding what is hate speech - the President, the Congress, the head of the FCC? And, just for my education, where in the First Amendment or in the entire Constitution can the words "hate speech" be found? This seems to be the logical progression of "politically correct," which is derived from the term, "Cultural Marxism," a way to censor speech the government doesn't like. Is this America or Russia? Does the U.S. Constitution no longer matter?
· Incumbent Attorney General Tom Horne will discuss constitutional issues and state sovereignty with the Deer Valley Airport Tea Party, and the Glendale and Anthem Tea Parties, at 6:30 pm, Fri., May 2. Horne will share his victories on behalf of Arizona citizens at the Supreme Court of the United States, as well as in Federal Court including the most liberal 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. Dr. Lyle Rapacki, also scheduled to speak at the meeting, has been enlisted to moderate the evening the groups. The following Fri, Rapacki will give a briefing on the assault on sovereignty to the group.
· Congressman Matt Salmon’s Open House is scheduled from 3:30-5 pm, Fri, May 2 at his district office, 207 N. Gilbert Road #209, Gilbert. RSVP 480-699-8239 for a time slot to speak with Salmon.
· Neighborhood petition walks for LD25 Senate candidate Ralph Heap are scheduled from 4:30-6 pm, Fri, May 2 and from 8:30-10 am, Sat., May 3. Meet at 3535 E Brown #101, Mesa. Training and materials supplied. Volunteers Contact: 480 577 9094.
· The May 3 Walk With CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter is scheduled from 10 am until noon in South Tempe/West Chandler. Gather in the Kyrene delas Manitas Elementary School north parking lot, 1201 W Counrtney Lane, Tempe. RSVP email@example.com
· A Cinco De Mayo Fiesta Fundraiser For LD18 House Candidate Jill Norgaard is scheduled at 5 pm, Sun, May 4 at 11814 S Equestrain Trail, Phoenix. Hosted by Melanie Beauchamp, Ed & Lorraine Pellegrino, Tod & Suzanna Dickey, Joan Heil, Marcus Huey and Sal DiCissio. $50 per person. Dinner and margaritas. RSVP: Jill@jillnorgaard2014.com
· Diane Douglas, Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate: Governor Brewer’s veto of HB 2316 proves that Superintendent of Public Instruction John Huppenthal cannot deliver on his promise to protect student privacy. According to Douglas, at an April 9 candidate forum in SaddleBrooke, Huppenthal assured the audience that the privacy of sensitive student information being gathered as part of Common Core would be protected through new legislation. His claim is clearly false in the light of the Governor’s veto of HB 2316. “John Huppenthal is either naive or disingenuous when he falsely claims that the Common Core dossiers being assembled on our children will be kept private. If there is one thing we have learned from the Obama Administration, it is that the government can no longer be trusted with private information,” stated Douglas.“I am disappointed that John Huppenthal is willing to collaborate with President Obama in building government files on our children. I am opposed to Common Core and I will not allow Arizona’s Public schools to be turned into data gathering agencies for the Obama Administration.” www.DianeDouglas.com.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· Gubernatorial Candidate Christine Jones will appear between 6-7 pm, May 1 at Tiny’s Family Restaurant. RSVP/Details: arizonafreedomalliance.ning.com/events/event/show
· Concerned Citizens For American Will Host A Candidate’s Round Table discussion featuring Secretary of State candidates Justine Pierce and Michele Reagan, State Treasurer candidates Randy Pullen and Hugh Hallman, Arizona Corporation Commission candidates Doug Little and Tom Forese, CD1 candidates Adam Kwasman and Gary Kiehne, and Supt of Public Instruction candidate Diane Douglas at 6:30 pm, May 1 at the Canyon Trails Cowboy Church, 3132 White Bear Road, Sedona. Concerned Citizens for American is compiled of the former Cottonwood, Sedona and Verde River Patriots Tea Parties.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey: Today the Ducey campaign starts our public advertising push, launching our first TV ad on broadcast and cable TV statewide. link here. It’s mostly footage from my announcement speech in mid-February and is designed to let Arizonans see me in person saying what I think about the right approach to government: namely that our state needs to take control of its own destiny and resist the federal government’s desire to run everything. There will be more to follow that fill in details about my background, my position on issues and the direction I want to lead this state. It’s a big deal. All the hard work and fundraising and coalition-building to date have been done to prepare for this moment: bringing our message to a broader audience of voters who are just now starting to tune into the race for governor.
· The Arizona Republican Party’s Annual Legislative Salute featuring Sen Jon Kyl is scheduled May 2 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N Scottsdale Rd. Reception at 5:30. Dinner at 7 pm. Sponsorships: $50,000 for Inaugural Recognition of AZGOP Lifetime Achievement Award. $25,000 Chairman’s Table. $10,000 Platinum Table. $5,000 Gold Table. Individual tickets optional. RSVP: Michelle Hyde 602-633-2777 or email@example.com or Jennifer Bontrager 602-957-7770 firstname.lastname@example.org
· A Petition Gathering Rally is scheduled 8:30 am, May 3 at 289 E Sage Brush St., Gilbert ., for Republican candidates Ron Bellus, Eddie Cook, Jordan Ray, Mark Brnovich, Victor Petersen and Warren Petersen. Contact: Jared Taylor 380-734-7973
· Author And TV Commentator Charles Krauthhammer Will Address The Center For Arizona Policy’s May 3 Dinner. RSPV Reserve Your Spot.
· LD23 Will Hold Its Annual Breakfast at 8:30 am, May 3 at Gainey Ranch Golf Club. National Speakers Dr. Barry Asmus (USA Today calls Asmus on of the five beset speakers in the country), Congressman David Schweikert and other politicians.$30 per person. CONTACT -SHIRLEY - email@example.com 480-251-7031 mobile.
· Tickets Now Available For The May 3rd 2014 CAP Family Dinner With Dr. Charles Krauthammer And Cathi Herrod At The Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel, 340 N 3rd St, Phoenix. Sponsorships Start At $500. Tickets For $300 Each. Tickets: Azpolicy.Org/Familydinner Or 602.424.2525.
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8 am, Sat. May 3 for coffee/donuts at 8 am and 8:30 mtg in the Quail Room of the SCW Foundations Buildings, 14465 R H Johnson Blvd, Sun City West. Speaker: Elbert “Bick” Bicknell will discuss his position on the Maricopa County Special Health Care District. Bicknell is a former two-term New Hampshire representative and enjoyed a long career in law enforcement after graduating from both the New Hampshire and Vermont Police Academies. He is a veteran of the 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg, NC. $2 admission to cover expenses. Non-members should call 602-421-8877, so they know how many donuts to order.
The Pima County Republican Party Is Hosting A Spring Volunteer Fair between 10 am-2 pm, Sat., May 3 at Udall Park, Ramada 3, 7200 E. Tanque Verde Rd. ( SE corner of Tanque Verde and Sabino Canyon), Tucson. Contact: Contact Pima GOP Headquarters: (520) 321-1492 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Fundraiser For Maricopa City Council Candidate Marty Hermanson is scheduled at 630 pm, May 3 by host Alan Marchione (former city councilman, at 43220 W Palmen,
Dr – Villages.
Wickenburg/Morristown Republicans Are Hosting A ‘Meet And Greet’ for Republican candidates from 2:30-4:30 pm, Sat., May 3 at the Chaparral Ice Cream Shop, 45 N. Tegner, Wickenburg. Congressman Paul Gosar, LD13 Senator Don Shooter and LD13 Rep Darin Mitchell have confirmed attendance. LD13 Rep Steve Montenegro and Supt of Public Education candidate Diane Douglas have also been invited. $5 admission includes coffee or ice tea. The first 30 will get free apple crisp ala mode. Contact: Ernie McCollum email@example.com
· The Western Pinal Republican Has A New Website Www.Pinalwprc.Com
· The Western Pinal Republicans meet at 5:30 pm, the third Wednesday of the month (May 21) at Eva’s Fine Mexican, Casa Grande. Contact: Teresa Ottesen Binder firstname.lastname@example.org or 602 397 2007.
· The May 3 LD23 Annual Breakfast Is Already Sold out to capacity. No more reservation requests can be accepted. The 8:30 am event features national speaker Barry Asmus and Congressman David Schweiker t. Legislative reports. Contact: Shirley Cordasco 480-251-7031 email@example.com.
· The Gila County Republican Committee Has Only 200 Tickets To Sell For Its Cash Raffle. First prize is $2,000, 2nd prize is $1,000 and 3rd prize is $500. Winners will be drawn over the Memorial Day weekend. Contact: GCRC Chairman Gary Morris 602-803-7366.
· Yavapai County Republican Headquarters is looking information on who made the round Goldwater campaign pin that was distributed at the Sept 3, 1964 Sen Barry Goldwater for President campaign on the steps of the Prescott Courthouse. The button has a white background with red lettering reads: Prescott – Arizona Welcomes BARRY Sept 3, 1964. Contact: L.G. Mace YavGop Headquarters (928) 776-4500.
· A Happy Hour Reception Is Planning For Attorney General Candidate Mark Brnovich at 5 pm, Thurs., May 8 at the Jersey Lilly Saloon, 116 S Montezuma Street, Prescott, Suggested Contribution $50 per person. Hosted by Nancy & Malcolm Barrett, Susan & Malcolm Barrett, Jr, Susan Cohen, Michelle & Brad Fain, Mike Fann, Shary & Bill Feldmeier, Pam Jones & David Hess, Nettie & John Lamerson, Andie & Greg Lazzell, Lucy & Rex Mason, Joan & Tommy Meredith, Myra & Stephen Nathenson, Billie & Bob Orr, Darlene & Don Packard, Phyllis & Jerry Robinson, Sue & Steve Rutherford, Christa & Rowle Simmons, Jette & John Stevens and June & Tom Thurman. RSVP to Jenna Brouk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-226-7596 http://www.mark4az.com/
· LD23 House Candidate Chuck Schmidt is hosting a family BBQ at 5 pm, May 10 at the Twisted Tree Farm Training Stables, 8020 E Via Dona Road, Scottsdale. Special musical guests Jessi Colter and Christopher Robin will be performing. Colter is a country music star known for her crossover hit "I'm not Lisa" and her platinum work on "The Outlaws" album. Robin is a bluegrass artist who has played with everyone from Clint Black to BB King.Tickets - $50 per person and kids are free. RSVP Tysen Schlink: email@example.com 480-789-9869 Kevin Neal: firstname.lastname@example.org
· CD1 Candidate Adam Kwasman Schedule:
· May 1 – 6:30 pm, Concerned Citizens for American, Canyon Trails Cowboy Church, 3132 White Bear Rd Sedona, AZ 86336. Contact: Dwight Kadar 281-610-0725 or email@example.com.
· May 4 – 1 pm, Meet & Greet, PJ's Village Pub & Sports Lounge, 40 West Cortez, Village of Oak Creek, Sedona, AZ 86351 Contact: Dwight Kadar 281-610-0725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· May 4 – 4 pm, Hoppy Grape Lounge, 2575 Arizona SR89A, West Sedona, AZ 86336. Contact: Dwight Kadar 281-610-0725, email@example.com.
· Editor’s Note: Please Place Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/ In Your Browser or in your ‘Favorites list’ so you can click on it to read the Briefs is you don’t have our latest posting notice handy.
· Diane Douglas, Candidate For Superintendent Of Public Instruction, schedule:
· April 30 – 6 pm. Republican college students at ASU Tempe Campus. Park in the Apache Blvd. structure, BAC Building Rm 311.
· May 1 - Roundtable Meet and Greet at the Canyon Trails Cowboy Church, 3132 White Bear Rd, Sedona, AZ 86336. Serving ice cream Sundays.
· May 3 – 9 am. Rim Country Republican Club Rummage Sale/Meet & Greet. By invitation, at the Rumsey Park, Ramada #5 in Payson.
· See MCRC Calendar For Complete Listing: Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/ Left Hand Column (In Red) - Maricopa County And State Wide GOP Activity Listings
- April 30, May 7, 14, 21, 28 – “Legal-Ease With Dennis Wilenchik” - Republican political talk show, (every Wed) 4 pm. KFNX 1100. legaleseonline
- May 1 – CANCELLED MARICOPA COUNTY REPUBLICAN COMMITTEE EGC (1st Thurs) 7 pm, AZGOP HQ. 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Open to registered Republicans only. Identification required for sign in. Contact: Chairman AJ LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 1- CENTRAL REPUBLICAN WOMEN OF PHOENIX GUBERNATORIAL CANDIDATE FORUM (CRWOP) (1st Thur)- (Former Cactus Wren/Central Republican Women's Clubs) 6 pm dinner, followed by forum, Hilton Garden Inn, 4000 N. Central. $22 each. Confirmed candidates: Secretary of State Ken Bennett, State Treasurer Doug Ducey, Senator Al Melvin, and Former Congressman Frank Riggs. RSVP/reservations to Tina Shaw at email@example.com Contact: 602-276-3959 or firstname.lastname@example.org RSVP CRWreservations@qwestoffice.net or call Tina Shaw 623 934-9730 by March 31.
- May 3 - SUN CITY WEST REPUBLICAN CLUB (1st Sat) 8 am coffee/donuts in the Quail Rm, SCW Foundations Bldg, 1465 R H Johnson Blvd, Sun City West.(R.H.Johnson & Stardust). 8:30 am mtg. $2 donation to cover expenses. Speaker: Maricopa County Special Health Care District Board member Elbert ‘Bick’ Bicknell. Contact: Jan Martinson Home: 623-546-3753 or Cell: 623-203-4803 JLMART15102@aol.com
- May 3 – LD23 ANNUAL BREAKFAST. SOLD OUT 8:30 am, Gainey Ranch Golf Club. $30 per person. National speaker Barry Asmus and Congressman David Schweiker t. Legislative reports. RSVP required to Shirley Cordasco 480-251-7031 email@example.com.
· Opening Statement Of Chairman Trent Franks "The Original Meaning Of The Origination Clause" Subcommittee On The Constitution And Civil Justice - House Judiciary Committee
· 3 AZ Congressmen-Want-Phoenix-Va-Health-Chief-Out Salmon, Franks, Schweikert
· Robert Robb No One Has The Job Of Improving Student Learning
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch
SECOND AMENDMENT/GUN RIGHTS
FEDERAL LANDS GRABS
BUNDY/BLM STAND OFF
· Donations Of Water, Food, Supplies To Oathkeepers Can Be Mailed Or Delivered To: Cliven And Carol Bundy, 7175 Gold Butte Rd, Bunkerville, NV 89007.
FIRST AMENDENT – FREE SPEECH
WAR ON WOMEN
· China-Threatens-Women-Who-Have-Illegal-Children 'If You Should Abort And Don't, Your House Will Be Torn Down'
· Racism-Is-In-The-Eye-Of-The-Beholder-And-The-Doer-Too Rev Manning
· What Every White Person Should Know Rev Manning
DEPT OF JUSTICE/HOLDER
· Governments-New-Definition-Terrorism-Exercising-Constitutional-Rights Shocking: How The U.S. Government Used An Agent Provocateur To Charge A Patriot With Terrorism - “This Case Is By Far The Worst Travesty Of Justice I Have Encountered In My 25-Year Legal Career."
SECRETARY OF STATE