- ► August (18)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ▼ June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
June 11, 2014
· Franks To Hagel: "I Don't Doubt Your Sincerity; I Do Profoundly Doubt Your Judgment" Congressman Trent Franks (AZ-08), a ranking Republican Member of the House Armed Services Committee, questioned Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel about the Administration's decision to release five high-value terrorist leaders -- a decision Franks says places a bounty on all of our men and women in uniform. See full segment
· CANCELLED: According To Vera Anderson, The ‘Stand Up For Arizona Rally’ prior announcement for 2 pm, Thurs, June 12 was not a rally, but actually an attempt to meet with legislators regarding the protest the problems created by bus loads of illegals dumped in Arizona by the federal government -- without provisions or shelter over the past couple of weeks. Anderson said, “"As much as we tried to put this together with a meeting with our representatives at the capitol for Thurs. We find that too many are out on the campaign trail or not available at this particle date and time. So we need to regroup and try to make this happen at a later time. This is such an important issue that is facing our state and nation. I don't think we have ever been faced with something like this ever before". Contact: email@example.com 602-821-4675.
· The AZGOP Is Hiring 60 Part-Time Paid Employees to put a state-wide game plan in motion, according to Chairman Robert Graham. The Republican Action Team (RAT Pack) members will be paid $10 per hour to help organize action with LD chairmen and other organizations. If interested in becoming one of the RAT Pack click here or contact RAT Pack Director Kathy Hedges Kathy.firstname.lastname@example.org 602-957-7770.
· James Malone, Operations Coordinator for the Arizona Republican Party, is organizing a volunteer push to walk areas and knock on doors every Saturday throughout Arizona as assigned by AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. Volunteers will receive $80 per Saturday with the party providing food, water and transportation. Transportation departs from our Arizona Republican Party headquarters:3501 North 24th St., Phoenix, AZ 85016 at 7:30 am Sat, June 14. All volunteers need to arrive by 7:00 AM for check-in. Participants living in non-Phoenix areas should contact Malone so when the party travels to their area, he has the names in advance to coordinate events. Contact: Malone: email@example.com 480-209-9559.
· Maricopa County Supervisor Clint Hickman will speak at the Pendergast Hope Center at 6 pm, Thur., June 12 with a ten minute question and answer segment immediately following his speech. The meeting is in Rm A14 of the Pedergast Hope Center, 10550 W Marioposa St., Phx. Serving Deviled egg appetizers and ice cold water to be served. Contact: Sharman Hickman Shickman@hickmanseggs.com 623.734.2998 623.734.7048 8am-5pm.
· A Reception For LD8 Senate Candidate Irene Littleton Is Scheduled From 6-8 Pm, June 12 At The Terrace Restaurant – Johnson Ranch. Rsvp 520-0840-4064
· Sun City West Republican Club Chairman Frank Carroll asks questions. The exploitation of illegal immigrant children is in the headlines. Central American countries are unloading their people problems upon the United States. As the story goes, the Texas border has been overwhelmed and DHS is transferring a large quantity of adults and children to the state of Arizona and effectively dumping them here. The fact that these persons are being kept here rather than returning them to their country of origin begs a number of questions. Since we are in the midterm election cycle I think it is appropriate to get some answers from the candidates running for offices in the state of Arizona regarding how they look at this situation before it is swept under the $2B carpet.
1. To the Republican gubernatorial candidates: the governor has some responsibility under state law with regard to the health and safety of its citizens. When it is discovered that DHS is acting to dump illegal detainees within Arizona's sovereign state borders without notification or permission, if elected, would you take action as is your authority under state law to prevent the entry of these transports across our state lines?
2. To the Republican candidates for attorney general: regardless of their immigration status this activity includes the exploitation and perhaps endangerment of children. Given the situation with these children, would you pursue action against those exploiting these children even if it meant arresting and prosecuting federal agents, federal officials, and foreign nationals? - Frank Carroll, Republican Precinct Committeeman firstname.lastname@example.org (602) 363-5821.
· Veterans For A Strong Americas Is Calling Out Gubernatorial Candidate Christine Jones, in a newly released TV ad (http://goo.gl/Sb3BWg), for claiming she served in the Air Force. The Department of Defense has no record of Christine Jones ever serving in the Air Force.VSA Chairman Joel Arends said, "Christine Jones lied to Arizona when she said she got out of the Air Force - she led voters to believe that she had served in our nation's military when in actuality she never served - her military record is non-existent. GOP primary voters deserve to know the facts about her non-existent military record." The new ad uses Jones' interview from a podcast on an Arizona political talk radio show. In November 2013 Jones said the following: “I went off to be in the Air Force and I met a really nice guy at church who was also in the Air Force and he and I got married and then I got out, he stayed in.” Arends: "Christine Jones lacks the judgment required to be the top elected official in any state, let alone a state with as pronounced a military presence as Arizona." VSA will continue to make Christine Jones' outrageous lies regarding her non-existent military service record a major theme of the upcoming election for governor throughout the primary election and into the fall if necessary. Added Arends: "Christine Jones kicked dirt in the eye of every veteran when she falsely claimed to have served in the Air Force. Jones knows there are a lot of veterans voters and supporters in Arizona and she was playing to their sense of duty and patriotism when she lied about serving in the Air Force." http://www.veteransforastrongamerica.org email@example.com.
· Speaker Of The House Andy Tobin And Majority Whip Rick Gray were denied access Wednesday to the Nogales facility where about 750 unaccompanied alien children are being held. “I understand what CBP [Customs and Border Protection] is up against, but as the Speaker of the House and member of the Arizona Legislature, it is important to verify how these children are being treated,” said Tobin. “My fellow legislators want to know, and denying me access clearly demonstrates what is wrong with Washington.” If Arizona had attempted a similar “inhumane stunt” the national outcry would have been deafening, added Tobin.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) bused the children from Texas to Arizona, and CBP is housing them in the Nogales facility until other accommodations become available. Media reports have cited concerns that the children are being held for longer than they should at the CPB facility, which has been described as a refurbished warehouse with no indoor plumbing.
Tobin and Gray drove down to inspect the facility Wed, June 11, 2014, but CBP denied them access. CBP told Tobin that he needed to give the agency a 72-hour notice. Tobin noted that Mesa Mayor Scott Smith was granted access to the facility Wednesday morning. "This humanitarian crisis is a direct result of the federal government’s failure to secure the border and enforce our laws. Not allowing us to inspect the facility does not serve the children held there or the citizens of Arizona. It only serves Washington.”
Tobin and Gray met with Nogales Mayor Arthur Garino of Nogales, who told them that showers and toilet facilities were available as well as a medical team and others resources, including phones and an outside covered play area. Nevertheless, the speaker said that the lack of transparency after trying to secretly dump these children at bus station in Phoenix and Tucson is absolutely unacceptable. “We all want answers and we want to verify what we’re being told.” Contact: Christopher Leone firstname.lastname@example.org 602.926.3233 (office) 480.242.8643 (cell)
· The LD23 House Candidate Forum has been moved to the Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd., Fountain Hills at 7 pm, Thur., June 12. 6:30 pm social. Candidates: Michelle Ugenti, Effie Carlson, Jay Lawrence and Scottsdale City Councilman candidate Bob Littlefield. www.d23azgop.org
· Crossroads with Van / Illegal Dumping Thanks to Our Elected Federal Officials can be heard at 2 pm, Thurs., June12 at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/van-the-radio-man The blame for the dumping of the illegal children can be laid at the feet of those who've been in federal office for the first 8 yrs. of this century. Calls in 347-857-4804 or 877-572-4283.
LD12 Chairman Micki Niland has announced the June 12 and July 10 meetings will be held at Gilbert Community Education Center, 6839 E Guadalupe Road (Power and Guadalupe), Mesa, AZ 85212. Contact Niland at web: www.azld12.com
· Gubernatorial candidate Christine Jones joined Stuart Varney on his Fox Business show this morning to discuss the illegal immigration crisis, importance of securing the southern border and her vision for the future. Federal government inaction has undermined our immigration system and set a precedent for continued lawlessness. As Governor, I will make it a priority to secure the border and set Arizona apart as a leader in the enforcement of immigration law, Jones said. Interview here: Jones - varney interview
· House Republicans Want To Extend The Comment Period for changes to critical habitat definitions for endangered species. A group of 43 members sent a letter Wednesday to the Fish and Wildlife Service and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, calling for at least six additional months to comment on proposed changes to rules under the Endangered Species Act (PL 93-205), objecting to how proposed changes will affect landowners. “These rules could dramatically increase the amount of private and public lands designated for habitat, which in turn could result in blocking or slowing down an array of agricultural, grazing, energy transmission and production, transportation and other activities,” the lawmakers wrote, “regardless of whether species occupy those areas or not.” The comment period is scheduled to expire next month.
· The Graham County Republicans Candidates’ Forum is scheduled at 6:30 pm, June 13 at the Safford Victory Fellowship Theatre, 555 Entertainment Ave.
· The Arizona Department Of Transportation continues to gather comments on the 2015-2019 Tentative Five-Year Transportation Facilities Construction Program while reaching out to the public and communities statewide for their input on the direction of the program over the next five years. Mtg: June 13 – 9 am, Board meeting, City of Willcox Council Chambers, 300 W. Rex Allen Drive, Willcox, AZ 85643.
· The Paradise Republican Women Will Meet At 11 Am, Sat., June 14 at the Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale AZ 85258. Noon luncheon. 10:30 social hour. Candidate forum: Gubernatorial candidates Doug Ducey, Christine Jones, and Al Melvin, Treasurer candidate Hugh Hallman, Supt of Public Instruction candidate incumbent John Huppenthal, CD9 candidate Andrew Walter, and LD23 candidates Rep Michele Ugenti, Chuck Schmit, Bob Littlefield, Effie Carlson, John Strasser and Jay Lawrence. Reservations required www.paradiseprwc.eventbrite.comwww.prwc.org
· The Grand Opening For Martha McSally’s Sierra Vista campaign headquarters is scheduled at 10 am, Sat., June 14 at 942 E Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista. Refreshments and campaign update. Contact: email@example.com (520) 488-4610
‘Reclaim America’ Is Planning A Rally At 1 Pm, Sat., June 14 at the Scottsdale City Hall, Civic Center Plaza (Indian School/Scottsdale Roads). Park in the library parking lot. Details eVoiceAmerica.com
· Zack Taylor - Chairman National Association of Former Border Patrol Officers – Part 1: America is undergoing the most intensive campaign of Political Deception ever launched against Americans by her political leaders. The Administration, the members of the U.S. Senate that voted for S-744, and every other member of Congress that supports a path to citizenship, regularization or any other form of amnesty for illegal aliens before providing for full protections for National Security (jobs & economy) and Public Safety (the right of the people to be secure in their property and person) are fully responsible for the wave of illegal aliens flooding into the United States today. There is a solution to this and it requires defining the root source of the problem. Any elected member of the Executive or Legislative Branch of the U.S. Government that has not stood up and demanded that current Immigration Law be enforced vigorously since 1986 is fully and exclusively responsible for this latest invasion. This is not a humanitarian crisis. It is a predictable, orchestrated and contrived assault on the compassionate side of Americans by her political leaders that knowingly puts minor Illegal Alien children at risk for purely political purposes. Certainly, we are not gullible enough to believe that thousands of unaccompanied minor Central American children came to America without the encouragement, aid and assistance of the United States Government. Anyone that has taken two six to seven year old children to an amusement park can only imagine the problems associated with bringing thousands of unaccompanied children that age up through Mexico and into the United States. I doubt even the Cartels would undertake that chore at any price. No, it has to be heartless corrupt politicians and their minions lusting for more money and power. www.nafbpo.org (Part 2 continues tomorrow)
· Catch The Russell Pearce Show from 6-7 pm, Sat., June 14 on 960 The Patriot with CD9 candidate Wendy Rogers. live show: 602-508-0960. www.ThePatriot.com
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter campaigners will be going door to door from 9-11 am, Sat., Jun 14. Gather at Western Sar Park, 4425 E WesternStar Blvd, Phx. please RSVP.
· Phoenix Councilman Sal DiCiccio: National Advocacy & Training Network (NATN) and Mountainside Martial Arts Center will host a free self-defense clinic for women, from 9 – 10:30 am. Sat, June 14, at Mountainside Martial Arts Center, 3173 E. Chandler Boulevard. Click self defense
· Wonder How Your Arizona Legislators have honored their oath of office since they were elected in 2012? AzCDL has posted the voting records of all legislators on key pro-rights firearms bills for the 2013 and 2014 Legislative sessions on our website’s Voting Records page. State Representatives and Senator here.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· ATTENTION CANDIDATES: Please confine your statements to no more than 250 words. If they run longer, they will be edited.
· Corporation Commissioner Doug Little: I am running for one of two open seats on the Arizona Corporation Commission. One of the primary responsibilities of the Corporation Commission is setting the rates we all pay for electricity, water and natural gas. I am committed to:
· Insuring that Arizona has clean reliable energy at the lowest possible price.
· Protecting all ratepayers and consumers in Arizona.
· Fighting EPA policies that will result in skyrocketing energy costs in Arizona.
As a Clean Elections candidate, I need your help right now... Doug Little
· Gubernnatorial Candidate Frank Riggs: The Border Patrol's decision to relocate thousands of illegal aliens from Texas to Arizona, many of them minors, is the result of a confluence of factors - a "perfect storm" - that flaunts the rule of law and federal policy requiring orderly and legal immigration. Primary responsibility rests with the Mexican government which has failed to secure its southern border with Central America and ignored, or worse yet, condoned the massive wave of migrants led by human smugglers ("coyotes") across the interior of Mexico and into the U.S. via the Rio Grande Valley in South Texas. "The Mexican government's failure to secure its southern border and insistence on an 'open border' with our country, and its failure to interdict both illegal immigration and drug smuggling, has created a national security crisis in our country and state," Riggs said. Riggs, a former U.S. Congressman and member of the House Appropriations Committee, wants sanctions imposed against Mexico by eliminating all U.S. taxpayer-funded foreign aid to Mexico except for drug intervention. U.S. foreign aid to Mexico was estimated at $316 Million in 2012. "The appropriate response to the huge influx of illegal aliens should have been to use federal and state (National Guard) military assets to transport the immigrants back to the border for surrender to Mexican government authorities,” Riggs said. "Mexico, in turn, could then decide whether to assimilate the immigrants or return them to Central America, but our country and state cannot be a dumping ground for massive illegal immigration by migrants moving from Central America through Mexico."
· Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs also attributes the "rush the border" surge to the policies of the Obama Administration that encourage amnesty. He strongly disagrees with President Obama's use of executive orders to grant amnesty and legalize illegal immigration by decree, which Obama calls "deferred action" and "parole in place." Riggs criticized amnesty advocates like his opponent Scott Smith, who on June 27, 2013, while the volunteer president of the U.S. Conference of Mayors, issued a statement praising the immigration reform legislation passed by the Senate last year containing a "path to citizenship." Smith said the bill was "consistent with the adopted policy of the U.S. Conference of Mayors." Arizona's U.S. Senators John McCain and Jeff Flake were two of the so-called "Gang of 8" senators who proposed the legislation including the citizenship provision. "The failure to secure our border and enforce immigration laws, coupled with the amnesty policies enacted by the Obama Administration and advocated by others, have created an incentive for illegal immigration and human smuggling into the U.S., enabled by the Mexican government," Riggs said. "I'm the only candidate for Governor with both military and law enforcement experience. I'll make securing the border and public safety, the most important responsibility of state government, my top priority, and I will always put the needs of Arizonans first."
· CD2 Congressional Candidate Shelley Kais calls yesterday’s passage of House legislation allowing veterans facing delays in receiving medical care from the Department of Veterans Affairs to seek timely treatment from non-agency providers “an appropriate temporary fix.” But, she warns that allegations of improprieties at the Phoenix VA Healthcare System are the tip of the iceberg and are symptomatic of “a wider-spread failure of the Obama Administration and Congress. The good news is, with Senate passage and the president’s signature, veterans will get timely medical care. The bad news is we don’t know if it was VA employees cooking the books to earn bonuses, unrealistic admissions targets set by bureaucrats in Washington, a failure of the system to cope with demand, or a combination of these or other issues that led to the problems.” Kais called on Acting VA Inspector General Richard Griffin and the FBI to waste no time in getting to the root of the problem, including investigating contractors who developed the VA computer software system. “Harris Patriot Healthcare Solutions got the more than $67 million to develop the system known as VISTA. We need to know if employees were removing patient information and and if the contractor was involved. The American people deserve to know what role, if any, this contractor had in the alleged cover-ups.” Citing Monday’s Wall Street Journal, Kais said that the public deserves to know why the VA suspended a program to improve its worst performing facilities, including Phoenix, in early 2011. “This is part of a wider-spread failure of the Obama Administration and Congress,” she said.
· Linda Bentley Arizona Passes Vexatious Litigant Law
· Montgomery-Calls-For Attorney General Horne's Resignation Montgomery Is Campaigning For Horne’s GOP Primary Challenger
· The Basic Premise Of The Obama Presidency Was A Fraud From The Start
ALLEN B WEST
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch
SECRETARY OF STATE