- ► June (24)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ▼ June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
June 7, 2014
· “I Made It Very Clear That It Wasn't To Be Considered An MCRC EGC Endorsement Of Any Candidate,” Chairman A. J. LaFaro said of the straw poll taken during the monthly Maricopa County Republican Committee’s Executive Guidance Committee meeting Thursday evening in Phoenix. LaFaro said the poll was not meant to go public, but someone leaked it. Here are the results of the 40 people, including 24 MCRC EGC members and 16 attendees, according to LaFaro.
Andrew Thomas: 16
Ken Bennett: 7
Frank Riggs: 7
Doug Ducey: 5
Christine Jones: 2
Scott Smith: 0
Al Melvin: 0
U.S. Rep. Matt Salmon, not in the governor’s race, garnered a single write-in vote.
SECRETARY of STATE:
Wil Cardon: 19
Justin Pierce: 15
Michele Reagan: 4
Mark Brnovich: 19
Tom Horne: 17
Jeff DeWit: 26
Randy Pullen: 9
Hugh Hallman: 4
SUPERINTENDENT of PUBLIC INSTRUCTION:
Diane Douglas: 35
John Huppenthal: 4
Doug Little: 35
Tom Forese: 32
Vernon Parker: 8
Lucy Mason: 1
Joe Hart (Uncontested)
· Congressman Paul Gosar: The Obama Administration has been implementing a policy where illegal aliens apprehended in Texas are being shipped by plane or bus to Arizona utilizing taxpayer money. Officials from DHS confirmed in a briefing with my staff this week that at least 7 flights transporting illegal aliens to other states have already occurred at a price of $53,000 per flight. These illegal aliens are then dumped at Arizona bus stations in 100 degree heat, and in some cases with no food or water. Flooding our streets with illegal aliens who are being abandoned without resources is not just inhumane and cruel, it is a crime and federal law bans alien smuggling. To make matters worse, when this Administration decided to dump these illegal immigrants in Arizona communities, they failed to notify the Arizona Governor's office, the Arizona Department of Public Safety and the Arizona Department of Homeland Security of this new policy. President Obama, Attorney General Eric Holder and the Department of Homeland Security have crossed a line that a Constitutional Republic must not tolerate. This Administration is now facilitating the inhumane smuggling of illegal aliens from Texas to Arizona. This is the most lawless administration in the history of this great country and Eric Holder should have resigned or been fired a long time ago.
While it is hard to discern which of Eric Holders previous trespasses are most egregious, this is one scandal for which he cannot retain his job. It starts at the top with Eric Holder and if the chief law enforcement officer of the United States is not going to enforce the laws of this land, then he should be impeached. I went on America's Newsroom on Tuesday to discuss this issue. You can watch a video of that interview HERE. Additionally, this past Monday I sent a letter to the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman and Ranking Member requesting an official investigation into this issue. As a member of that Committee, I plan on taking a lead role in seeking accountability for those individuals responsible for this violation of the Rule of Law, should the Committee favorably respond to my request. You can read that letter HERE.
· Congressman Paul Gosar: On Monday, I was proud to host a joint field hearing with some of my House colleagues at the Arizona State Capitol on the proposed EPA rule for expanding the definition of navigable waters in the United States. Resounding testimony from Arizona witnesses confirmed that the EPA’s proposed water grab runs contrary to state and tribal water laws and would have devastating economic consequences for farmers, ranchers, small businesses, and water users in Arizona and throughout the country. Arizonans can't afford more economic hurdles and thieveries of precious water supplies from an overzealous, unaccountable federal government operating in hyper mode. Stefanie Smallhouse, testifying on behalf of the of the Arizona Farm Bureau probably said it best: "The newly proposed EPA rule for the Waters of the U.S. would be devastating to my family’s farming operation, as well as hundreds of others in agriculture in Arizona…This proposed rule is an economic disaster, and a dream killer for my kids. There is no way a family farm such as ours would be able to withstand the hefty fines which would be enforced as a result of this rule." I want to thank everyone who came out and participated in making this event possible. You can read about the proposed water rule HERE and the corresponding study released with the rule HERE. You can watch the testimony from the 1st half of the field hearing HERE. You can watch the testimony from the 2nd half HERE.
· Arizonans Against Common Core will host a gathering of leading experts on the issue from 6-9 pm, Aug 2 at Burke Basic School, 131 E. Southern Ave., Mesa. Speakers will include Dr. Sandra Stotsky, Dr. James Milgram, Mr. Ze'ev Wurman, Ms. Diane Douglas, and Mr. Frank Riggs. Arizonans Against Common Core is raising $1800 in donations to pay for travel costs for Dr. Stotsky, Dr. Milgram, and Ze'ev Wurman.
· Congressman Paul Gosar spoke to the Colorado River Tea Party Patriots this afternoon in Bullhead City. http://gosar.house.gov)
· A ‘Meet And Greet’ Is Scheduled For CD24 House Candidate Lei Lani Cortez from 2-4 pm, June 8 at 318 W Coronado, Phx. Host Committee: Bob & Cindy Thomas, Bob & Nina Marlow, Ron Ludders and Beth Jamison. Pick up yard signs and palm cards. Light refreshments will be served. email@example.com
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walters Volunteer Night is scheduled from 5-8 pm, Mon, June 9 to gather input, discuss future door knocking and phone call plans. Refreshments will be provided. RSVP here.
· The Highway 69 Republicans will meet at 6 pm, Mon, June 9 to hear gubernatorial candidate Frank Riggs and State Treasurer candidate Jeff DeWit at the Puerta Vallarta Restaurant, 11901 E. Hwy 69, Dewey AZ, 86327. RSVP: June at 928-632-4661 or firstname.lastname@example.org 5 pm social hour.
· Navy Seal Jeffery Utsch will discuss Article 5 of the US Constitution with the Arizona Project members at 6:30 pm, Mon., June 9 at 3375 W. Shea., Phoenix. Contact: Chr Ron Ludders 602-677-1496.
· The Great LD13 House Of Representative Candidates Debate is scheduled Tues, June 10 in the PebbleCreek Tuscany County Club Ball Room, 16262 Clubhouse Dr., Goodyear, featuring incumbents Darin Mitchell and Steve Montenegro and candidate Diane Landis. Check in opens at 6 pm, the meeting starts at 6:15 pm. Gubernatorial candidate Frank Riggs will speak at 6:30. The debate starts at 7 pm, moderated by KRYI talk show host Mike Broomfield. To accommodate the expect attendance, the meeting has been to the main ballroom. Chairman Robert Branch asks that questions be sent to him at email@example.com
The LD28 Candidate Forum is scheduled at 7 pm, June 10 at Madison School District Office, 5601 N. 16th St, Phoenix. Candidates include: Attorney General - Tom Horne & Mark Brnovich, State Superintendent of Education -Diane Douglas, Arizona Corporation Commission - Doug Little, Tom Forese, Lucy Mason and Vernon Parker, and Congressional candidates -Wendy Rogers and Andrew Walter. Phx. Contact: O’Connor firstname.lastname@example.org
· CD2 Candidate Shelley Kais, will speak to the Huachuca Area Republican Women’s Club luncheon Tues, June 10 at the Pueblo Del Sol Country Club, 2770 St. Andrews Dr., Sierra Vista. The group meets between 10:30 am – 1 pm. Contact: (520) 250-8481.
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter is hosting a ‘Coffee with the Candidate’ from 7:30-9 am, Tues, June 10 at the Good Egg, 4910 W. Ray Road, Chandler. Suggest attendees order breakfast to thank the Good Egg for lending us their space. RSVP to Michael@andrewwalter2014.com.
· LD25 Senate Candidate Dr. Ralph Heap is hosting a Phone Call Blitz Week with volunteers from his headquarters between noon and 8 pm, 3535 E. Brown Road #101, Mesa. Call Don at 602-284-6240 to schedule a slot to man phones or stop by an sign up.
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walters needs copy paper, water bottles, food for volunteers, a fold table and folding chairs. Michael@andrewwalter2014.com.
· Call The White House (202) 456-1111 , and your Senators or Representative. Let them know how you feel about the VA Scandal, the Bergdahl/five terrorist release/ ObamaCare, Gun Control or anything else that’s on your mind.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro: Individuals who want to be PC write-ins will need to complete the PC Affidavit for Write-Ins and submit it to Elections through June 11. http://recorder.maricopa.gov/web/precinctcommitteemen.aspx . Early Ballots Go Out July 31.
· Arizona candidates that filed: http://www.azsos.gov/election/2014/primary/FullListing.htm
Maricopa County candidates filed: http://recorder.maricopa.gov/web/pdf/2014CANDIDATELISTING.pdf
CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten schedule: firstname.lastname@example.org
· June 9: 6 pm - Meet The Candidate Town Hall, Nanini Branch Library, 7300 N. Shannon Rd. Tucson.
· June 10: American Legion Post 109 Social
· June 14: 2-4 pm, Fundraiser/house party sponsored by Col (retired) Ron McGrindle.
· CD1 Adam Kwasman Schedule: email@example.com.
· June 9: CD1 Debate (KAET TV)
· June 12: 4:30 pm, Meet & Greet, La Quinta Inn, Flagstaff, AZ.
· June 14: 11:30 am, Flagstaff Republican Women Flag Day Picnic, 1122 E Marina Lane, Flagstaff.
· Diane Douglas – Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Sked:
· June 9: 11:30 am, Yavapai Republican Men's Forum Luncheon, Hotel St Michael Prescott, 205 W Gurley St, Prescott.
· June 10: Superstition Mt. Republican Club, Village Inn, West Apache Trail, Apache Junction. dinner at 5:30 pm, mtg at 6:30 pm.
· A Reminder To Politically Involved State Employees: See state restrictions (Arizona’s “mini-Hatch Act”) at A.R.S. § 41-752. http://www.azleg.gov/ars/41/00752.htm The public policy behind these limitations is at A.R.S. § 41-752(K).
· NAFBPO’s Zack Taylor - A Retired Border Agent Speaks Freely About The Real Dangers on FOX news. See NAFBPO Border Presentation - the truth about criminal violence along the AZ/MX Border - Caution: very graphic photos
· Attn PCs Applicants: Early voting for the Aug 26 primary begins July 31. If there are no extra people running for the open positions in your precinct, your name will not be shown on the primary ballot and you will be automatically elected “by acclamation.” If, however, there are more PC candidates running in your district than open positions, all qualified nominees go on the Aug 26 ballot. You will be notified by the Recorder offices if your name will be on the ballot.
· ATTENTION CANDIDATES: Please confine your statements to no more than 250 words. If they run longer, they will be edited.
· CD3 Candidate Gabby Mercer: It's time to Retire Raul Grijalva! I am proud to share with you, that I am the only Republican candidate who qualified to be on the ballot. Thanks to my volunteers hard work we were able to submit a total of 1,110 signatures to the Arizona Secretary of State. 1,110 signatures, that is 180% of the minimum required! But, this is just the beginning. The Democrat attack machine, led by President Obama, and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, has been raising money hand over fist to defeat our conservative ideals and is going to pull out every trick in their book to do so. It gets worse, the Democrats are ready to launch an all-out attack on my campaign, and I need your immediate support to be able to fight back. Their efforts to pollute the Republican primary have totally failed, but, We must continue to show Grijalva and the Democrats that:
· We are a force to be reckoned with
· We will NOT back down from our conservative beliefs and will fight day and night to restore our traditional values back into government.
· Now I need to know that you will stand with me in this fight to save our nation. show the Democrats we aren't going anywhere. Nancy Pelosi is determined to become the Speaker of the House again. But that is exactly how we got Obamacare and that unfolding healthcare disaster! That is exactly how we got the Stimulus Package, leading to a $17 Trillion dollar debt. That is exactly why the labor participation rate is the lowest in 4 decades! The Democrats are watching our campaign's every move and they'll be monitoring closely how much we raise today. Your support today will ensure our campaign has the funds to fight back and win in November.
· Unaccompanied-Immigrant-Children-Now-Being-Detained-In-Arizona Border Patrol Agents Taken Off Patrol For Immigrant Processing
· Political Insider Political Tidibts From Around Arizona
· Abortion: The Comedy? Filmdom Reaches New Low
· Common Core Forum: Burke Basic School - Sat., Aug 2, . Arizonans Against Common Core
ALLEN B WEST
· Candidate Yard Signs In Your Neighborhood Are Legal! The First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees your right to free speech, and state law supports homeowners' rights to display political yard signs during election season -- despite HOA rules which may try to restrict your rights. Details on the law are here (toward the end of the document) and it's clear that an HOA cannot enforce sign regulations that are more restrictive than those of the city, town or county. If you are living in an HOA and run into this situation, please visit our Facebook page and tell your side of the story. AZGOP newsletter.
· Obama,Bowe-Bergdahl, Taliban-Prisoners Obama Advisers Repeatedly Told President Not To Deal
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch
DEPT OF JUSTICE/HOLDER