- ► October (21)
- ► September (30)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ▼ July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
July 17, 2014
· Check Your Voter Registration Status at the Secretary of State website and if it's not current use this link to upate: http://servicearizona.com/ If you're a voter in Maricopa County, you can also use this link to request an early ballot online for the August 26th Primary Election. Pima County online requests can be taken here. Other counties, click here MAP for instructions and forms.
· Nevada Cattleman Cliven Bundy and his son Ammon Bundy are scheduled to speak about their run in with the Bureau Land Management at 6:30 pm, Tues., July 22 at the Burke Basic School in Mesa. Details later.
· LD15 Will Meet At 6:30 Pm, July 22 To Hear Incumbent Attorney General Tom Horne at the Deer Valley Airport Restaurant, 702 W Deer Valley Road, Phx.
· Sheriff Richard Mack Will Address ‘The Role Of The Sheriff’ during a 9:45am-12:30pm, Tues., July 19 seminar at the North Scottsdale Christian Church, 28700 N. Pima Road., Scottsdale. LD23 house candidate Jay Lawrence will open the program on his candidacy. Live road broadcast by Steve Kates 1100 AM from noon to 2pm. Donations accepted for the Injured Police Officers Fund in Las Vegas and CSPOA.
· MCRC Republicans Respond To Call. We made our goal of sixty (60) volunteers. I want to take this opportunity to thank all of the MCRC Republicans who have volunteered to work the Maricopa County Elections Hand Count/Audit Board from August 27 through August 29. All of the volunteers will be receiving an official letter of confirmation, instructions and possible request for further information from the Maricopa County Elections Department in the next couple of weeks. - A. J. LaFaro, Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
· Hassayampa Constable Candidate Scott Blake reports 50 of his 100 signs are missing between Surprise and Wickenburg. If anyone knows of their whereabouts, please contact him at ScottBlakeForConstable@cox.net
· The LD17 Republican Party Of Chandler, Sun Lakes And Gilbert ‘Meet, Greet, Eat And Hit The Street’ is scheduled 9 am, Sat., July 19. After walking neighborhoods they will meet for a free lunch and Victory T-shirt at Floridino’s , 590 N Alma School Road, Chandler. Contact: Chr Chairman Bowyer email@example.com
· Maricopa County Board Of Supervisor Clint Hickman will update the Wickenburg Republicans on the Board activities and achievements during the 7 pm, July 28 Wickenburg meeting at the Lifeline Ambulance Training Room, 1155 N. Tegner, Wickenburg. Contact: Chr Frosty Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Citizen-Protests-Against-Illegals-Continue-Border-Convoy-Planned Some citizens of Murrieta, CA, after their successful blockade of DHS buses, have banded together to start a “convoy” that will go from Murrieta to Laredo, Texas. They are calling for anyone who wishes to participate to join them, including those with RVs or tents. Register to join the convoy at this link). Contact: email@example.com TWITTER: @borderconvoy http://borderconvoy.com The convoy will begin in Murrieta, CA on August 1 and end in Laredo, TX on August 7. They will be stopping in huge battleground border towns such as Oracle, AZ, Fort Hancock, TX, McAllen, TX and Laredo, TX. Any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· LD23 Senate Candidate John Kavanagh is offering a $500 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person or persons responsible for removing 11 of his campaign signs that were placed along Shea Boulevard between Scottsdale Road and 142 Street, as well as Scottsdale Road around Thunderbird Road. Anyone with information about the missing signs can call Kavanagh at 480-837-5612 or contact Scottsdale police. These signs were placed alongside many other signs. Only the Kavanagh signs were removed, meaning these signs were not placed in an unauthorized location.
· The Fountain Hills Republican Social is scheduled at 6 pm, Tues., July 19 at the The All American Sports Grill (corner of Saguaro and Ave of the Fountains).
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club will meet at 9 am, Sat. July 19 at the FH Community Center.
· A ‘Meet And Greet’ For LD15 House Candidate David Burnell Smith is scheduled between 5-8 pm, Wed., July 23 at. Wednesday, July 23, 2014 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at Carolos O’Brien’s Mexican Restaurant, 1133 E Northern Ave., Phx. Minimum $25. Contributions welcome. Hosted by Jennifer James, Howard Sprague, Brandon Howard,Michael Ricard, LD15 Chairman David Hendnerson, and Derrick Carlock. Special invited guests Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Radio talk show host Sen. Russell Pearce, Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas, Rep John Kavanagh, Rep Brenda Barton and Bruce Barton and Attorney General Tom Horne. RSVP Erica at 480-990-7500 or email@example.com
· LD2 candidate Chuck Wooten will address the Thunder Mountain Women’s Club at 11 am, Tues., July 22 at the Pueblo del Sol Country Club, 2770 St Andrews Drive, Sierra Vista. $16 lunch. RSVP; Enid Reinhart 520-378-3635.
· The Republican Club Of Greenvalley/Sahuarita’s candidate debate is scheduled at 1 pm, Sat., July 26 at the Quail Creek Country Club, 2055 EQuail Crossing Blvd., Green Valley.
· Congressman Paul Gosar will attend the Sept 20 Parker Fire Dept Annual BBQ.
· LD17 -The Republican Party Of Chandler, Sun Lakes & Gilbert will meet at 7 pm, July 29 (not its regularly July 22 date) at the Tri-City Baptist Church, 2211 W Germann Road,Chandler. No August meeting due to Primary Day. Contact: Chr Chairman Bowyer firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Sonoita-Elgin Tea Party Meet The Candidates is scheduled between 10 am-2 pm, Sat., July 19 at the Santa Cruz Fairgrounds, Arizona 82 & Arizona 83, Sonoita.
· Activist Jim Ehl: “It is recommended that the AZGOP leadership be replaced by the leaders at AFP. While the Arizona Town Crier has been recommending an action by the AZGOP similar to the AFP’s, the basic difference is that the chair of the AZGOP to caucus with the county chairs to come up with the questions. While the questions used herein may be of benefit to the voters, a caucus with the county chairs would involve the precinct committeemen’s input, and further the dissemination of information received. Three cheers for the AFP! No thanks to the AZGOP.”
· LD17 Republican Party of Chandler, Sun Lakes and Gilbert is hosting a dinner Fundraiser for Chandler City Council Candidates at 7:30 pm, Aug 17 at the El Zocolo Cantina in Downtown Chandler. Suggested $200 donation. Contact: Dr. Shadow Asgari at: email@example.com
· A Ton Food/Donation Drive For Arizona’s Wounded Veterans and their families is planned from 8 am to noon, Fri., July 25 by AZ Heroes to Hometowns. Non-perishable food items and donations can be delivered to four Fry’s Food Stores:
· 5100 S. McClintock, Tempe 85282 (Baseline and McClintock)
· 4707 E. Shea Blvd. Phoenix, 85028 (Shea Blvd and Tatum) 1845 E. Baseline Rd., Gilbert 85233 (Gilbert Rd. and Baseline)
· 10675 W. Indian School Rd., Avondale 85037 (107th Ave and Indian School Rd)
· Campaign Signs Missing? According To Doug Nintzel, Arizona Department Of Public Transportation Public Information Officer, “ If campaign signs that are incorrectly placed within state highway right-of-way boundaries are collected by ADOT crews, they are taken to maintenance yards and are kept there for a couple of weeks to give campaigns some time to pick them up.” He added, “Under state law, no campaign signs are allowed within the right of way along state highways. ADOT sends letters to registered candidates each campaign cycle as a reminder of the prohibition against signs within highway right of way areas.” So, if check with the nearby ADOT Maintenance Yard to see if your missing signs are stored there. See ARS 16-1019 –political http://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/01019.htm
· Candidate Yard Signs In Your Neighborhood Are Legal. The First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees your right to free speech, and state law supports homeowners' rights to display political yard signs during election season -- despite HOA rules which may try to restrict your rights. See HB 2069 (toward the end of the document) and it's clear that an HOA cannot enforce sign regulations that are more restrictive than those of the city, town or county according to AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. If you are living in an HOA and run into this situation, visit the AZGOP Facebook page and tell your side of the story.
· ALIPAC Requests That The Woman Who Recorded This Video of illegals on school bus at Wal-Mart in NC contact William Gheen Of Americans For Legal Immigration Pac At (866) 703-0864 so ALIPAC can ascertain the time, date and location.
· Did You Know? Sharlot Hall, As The Territorial Historian, was Arizona's first female public official. She was also a poet who published a widely circulated poem, called Arizona, that satirized a proposal to admit Arizona and New Mexico as one state into the Union. The Prescott Historical Society changed their name to the Sharlot Hall Historical Society in 1945. She is buried in Prescott's Pioneer Cemetery.
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club Primary Night Party is scheduled at 6 pm, Tues., Aug 26 at the Lexington Hotel. Details tba.
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club Election Rally will be held from 4- 6:30 pm, Sat., Sept 20 at the FH American Legion.
· Attn PCs Applicants: Early voting for the Aug 26 primary begins July 31. If there are no extra people running for the open positions in your precinct, your name will not be shown on the primary ballot and you will be automatically elected “by acclamation.” If, however, there are more PC candidates running in your district than open positions, all qualified nominees go on the Aug 26 ballot. You will be notified by the Recorder offices if your name will be on the ballot.
· “There Will Be No PC Appointments Until After The Maricopa County and AZGOP Statutory Meetings in January, 2015,” according to MCRC Chairman A.J. LaFaro. PC applications that have been submitted will be put on hold until 2015.
JULY 18 EVENTS
· Americans For Legal Immigration” PAC (ALIPAC) alipac.protest-times-locations-july-18-19is also coordinating protests in Arizona on July 18 and July 19 as part of the National Day Of Protesting Against Immigration Reform / Amnesty & Border Surge.” Both days, the protests will begin at 6 am at the State Capitol, 1700 W Washington, Phx. 85007. Due to the heat, it is expect that most people will leave by 10 or 11 am. July 18 immigration protests are scheduled at state capitols, state legislators offices and Mexican Consulates throughout the nation. July 19 overpassesforamerica protests will be held at overpasses and street corners. The goal is to send the message to elected officials that:
1. Any form of amnesty for illegals is NOT acceptable.
2. The current surge of illegals crossing our border is NOT acceptable and must be stopped.
3. Our borders MUST be secured and our current laws enforced. Contacts:
America Working at www.AmericaWorking.org
Americans for Legal Immigration PAC at www.alipac.us
Americans Have Had Enough Coalition at http://americanshavehadenough.org/
Make Them Listen www.facebook.com/MakeThemListen.org
Overpasses for America www.OverpassesForAmerica.com
2 Million Bikers To DC https://2mbtdc.com/
Remember 1986 www.Remember1986.com
Riders USA http://www.ridersusa.net/
Tea Party Community www.TeaPartyCommunity.com www.TeaPartyTribune.com
· An ALIPAC Sponsored Protest is scheduled from 8-11 am, Fri., July 18 at the I-40 and Andy Devine Overpass in Kingman, AZ. Contact: alipac.protest-times-locations-july-18-19
A “The American People Are Mad As Hell! We’re Not Going To Take It Anymore! Rally” in Support of National Day of Protesting Against Amnesty is scheduled at noon, Fri., July 18 at the Tucson Mexican Consulate, 553 S. Stone Avenue, Tucson, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
· CD2 candidate Chuck Wooten will be featured on the 11 am, July 18 Southern Sense Conservative Talk Online Radio by Southern Sense Is Conservative
· A Candidate Reception is scheduled between 5-7 pm, Fri., July 18 at Pueblo del Sol Country Club in Sierra Vista. All Republican candidates have been invited to attend. No speeches, debate, or forum — just friendly meet and greet. The Reception is jointly sponsored by the 1200 Club of Sierra Vista, the Thunder Mountain Republican Women’s Club, the Huachuca Area Republican Women’s Club, and the Cochise County Republican Committee. Contact: Kathy Dolge, Membership/Reservations Chair 602-510-8986
The Western Conservative Summit is scheduled July 18-20 at the Hyatt Regency Convention Center In Denver. Hosted by the Colorado Christian University Think Tank, the event offers three days with 20 Speakers, 30 Workshops and100 Exhibitors. Townhall Columnist Joanne Moudy of LD15 will be speaking at four breakout sessions – three on pro-life issues and one on using fiction to change the minds of the masses. See details/tickets: westernconservativesummit Contact: Joanne Moudy (c) (808) 554-4792 email@example.com
· Congressman Matt Salmon will hold ‘Meet with Me at Open Office Hours’ from 2:30-4:30 pm, July 18. Call his District Office at (480) 699-8239 for reservation.
· Congressman David Schweikert and his wife Joyce and his campaign team will be delivering signs the weekend of July 18, 19, 20 AND 21. request a yard sign .
· A Reception In Support Of Incumbent LD13 House Candidates Darin Mitchell And Steve Montenegro, hosted by Steve Trussell, Linda and Steve Migliore, with Congressman Trent Franks, will be held Fri., July 18 at 1150 E Acacia Circle, Litchfield Park, AZ 95340. 5:30 pm – VIP Reception - $200. 6 pm – General reception -$100. RSVP: Sondra at 602-413-0301 or electDarin@yahoo.com
· A ‘Meet And Greet’ For LD23 Senate Candidate John Kavanagh and House candidates Michelle Ugenti and Jay Lawrence will be held at 4 pm, July 18 at the Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 E. Thompson Peak Pkway, Scottsdale. Casual attoire. Complimentary appetizers and soft drinks.
A Call Center Training Session For Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs and is scheduled Fri., July 18 and Sat., July 19 at the Brand New Church, 1827 W Grovers, Phx., 85023. The center will operate from 4-8:30 pm, each day. Dinner and drinks to be provided. Volunteers should contact Wes Harris 602-942-9281, 602-432-2871 (Cell), firstname.lastname@example.org
Jack Biltis And Terry Schmidt Invite You to an evening of Alcohol, tobacco and firearms in support of CD9 candidate Andrew Walter from 5-8 pm, Fri., July 18 at the Scottsdale Gun Club, 14860 N Northsight Blvd., Scottsdale, Arizona 85260. Expert Package - Access to the Private Range, Shoot the M249, M4 & Glock 18 , 250 Rounds of Ammunition -$1,000 per person. Sharpshooter Package - Access to the Private Range, Shoot the MP5 , 50 Rounds of Handgun Ammunition - $500 per person. Marksman Package - Access to the Private Range, Shoot the Glock 18, One Box of Handgun Ammunition - $250 per person. Cocktails And Cigars Served After Shooting Is Complete. RSVP: Grace Funk at 760-641-0534 or email@example.com
JULY 19 EVENTS
· A ‘Nation Day Of Protest Against Immigration Reform, Amnesty And Border Surge’ is scheduled from 6 am July 18 to 6 pm July 19 at the Arizona State Capitol, 1700 W Washington St., Phx. Organized by Remember 1986. remember1986.com
The Sonoita-Elgin Tea Party Is Hosting A ‘Meet The Candidates,’ at 10 am, Sat., July 19 at the Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds (¼ mile south of the junction of Highways 82 & 83 in Sonoita) for candidates from all parties. Free admission, free parking, food vendor on site. Between candidates moderator Senator Frank Antenori will give updates on the role and power of lobbyists, who the real power brokers in Phoenix are, how the interests of the average citizen become subverted by the legislative process and much more. Contact: sonoitateaparty.org
· LD 26 Needs Volunteers To Walk Neighborhoods at 8 am, Sat., July 19 for LD26 House candidate James Roy at a yet to be announced location. Lunch will be provided. RSVP LD26 First Vice-Chr Krista Roy at 480-200-3301 so they can get a head county for food.
· This Weekend Congressman David Schweikert and his wife Joyce will be doing a district-wide sign delivery this weekend. click here to request your Schweikert yard sign
The Gila County Republican Party is planning A Grand Opening for their new campaign headquarters at starting10:30 am, Sat., July 19 at 719 South Beeline Highway, Payson. Ribbon cutting at noon. Special guests include Sheriff Joe Arpaio and former state senator Russell Pearce. Open to public. Individuals can register to vote, or change party affiliation, at the event. For information, call 928-472-GILA (4452) or 928-478-8186. Gila County Chairman Gary Morris 602-803-7366. Gila County Republican Committee
· A Fundraiser For LD18 Senate Candidate Tom Morrissey is scheduled at 1 pm, Sat., July 19 at the Mount Cross Lutheran Church, 601 E Hwy 260, Payson. Sheriff Joe and former Sen. Russell Pearce are special guests. Limited seating. Tickets - $30 each or 2 for $50. Contact Gila County HQ (928) 472-GILA (4452) Www.tomforazsenate.com
· Sheriff Richard Mark will address ‘the role of the county sheriff in America’ and other legal issues at the 9:45 am, Sat., July 19 “Moral Action Ministry” at the North Scottsdale Christian Church, 28700 N. Pima Rd., Scottsdale, AZ. 85266 (NW Corner of Dynamite & Pima Rd.).LD23 House candidate Jay Lawrence will also speak. Steve Kates, KFNX1100 AM will do a live broadcast at noon. Contacts: www.CSPOA.org---www.SheriffRichardMack.com Donations for www.injuredpoliceofficersfund.com
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter Is Having A Pancake Brunch from 9-11 am at campaign headquarters, 4425 E Western Star Blvd, Phx. on July 19, followed by neighborhood walks and an all-day phone bank. please RSVP
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club Meets At 9 Am, Sat. July 19 at the Fountain Hills Community Center to hear Corporation Commission candidates Doug Little and Vernon Parker, and AZ Treasurer candidate Randy Pullen, School Board Candidates Edith Stock and Judy Rutkowski and Maricopa County Supervisors Chairman Steve Churcri. Doors open at 8:30 am. Reservations for the September Election Rally may be made at the door!
The Pinal County Republican Committee Debate Forum For Justice Of The Peace and Constables is scheduled July 19. Details tba. Contact: Pinal County Republican Committee Chairman Seraphim Larsen (520) 251-2689 -firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.pinalcountygop.org/
· LD 17 Needs Volunteers To Walk Neighborhoods Sat., July 19. Contact Chr Tyler Bowyer at email@example.com or 480-239-0025
· The Republican Party In Chandler, Sun Lakes And Gilbert is hosting a ‘Greet, Meet, Eat and Hit the Street’ at 9 am, July 19. Lunch will be served at noon (after the walk) at Floridino’s, 590 N Alma School Road #35, Chandler. Victory T-shirts will be provided for attendees.
JULY 20 EVENTS
· Northwest Conservatives Present Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs between 2-4 pm, Sun., July 20 at the Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W Naranja Drive, Oro Valley, Arizona 85737.
JULY 21 EVENTS
· Congressman Matt Salmon, Sen Candidate Ralph Heap And House Candidate Haydee Dawson will speak at 7 pm, July 21 in the Hopi Ballroom at Leisure World. Light refreshments.
· The Pinal County Tea Party And AZ Conservative Coalition will jointly host an AZ Corporation Commission primary election debate at 6:30 pm on Mon, July 21 at the Legacy Suites, 540 N. Cacheris Ct, Casa Grande, located ½ mile west of I-10 Exit 194 on Florence Blvd. Confirmed candidates include Doug Little, Tom Forese, Vernon Parker and Lucy Mason. Come ready to ask your questions. Contact Stephen Kohut, Pinal County TP facilitator, 520-241-5034, firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
· Contact Your Congressman. Let them know what you are thinking.
· Sen John McCain R 202-224-2235 mccain.senate.gov
· Sen Jeff Flake R 202-224-3421 flake.senate.gov
· Rep Ann Kirkpatrick (D1) 202-225-3361 kirkpatrick.house
· Rep Ron Barber (D2) 202-225-2542 barber.house.gov
· Rep Raul Grijalva (D3) 202-225-2435 grijalva.house.gov
· Rep Paul Gosar (R4) 202-2225-2315 gosar.house.gov
· Rep Matt Salmon (R5) 202-225-2635 salmon.house.gov
· Rep David Schweikert (R6) 202-225-2190 schweikert.house.gov
· Rep Ed Pastor (D7) 202-225-4065 house.gov/pastor
· Rep Trent Franks (8) 202-225-4576 franks.house.gov
Rep Kyrsten Sinema (D) sinema.house.gov
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent announcements or messages to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· Gubernatorial Candidate Christine Jones: Last week, Arizona Republic columnists Bob Robb and E.J. Montini took aim at Christine Jones for her bold plan to secure Arizona’s southern border. Christine responded with her own Letter to the Editor, which was published today. Letter: Bob Robb's recent column "Is Brewer a border wimp?" took aim at plans to secure Arizona's southern border. Robb wrote, "The notion that Arizona can secure the border on our own is nonsense." Concluding that the governor and state legislature cannot have an impact on border security might be the real nonsense. Arizona cannot force the Feds into action, but we can be sure that Arizona is so formidable that we are no longer a viable option. Arizona must be widely known as the zero tolerance state. Let's be clear about what I, as Governor, can and will do. Deploying 1,200 armed Arizona National Guard troops is permitted under state law as a deterrent near smuggling routes along the border. Civilian law enforcement will then search, apprehend, detain, arrest and, if required, strike to halt any incursion threatening the United States. In addition to troops, there are fencing and technology solutions. In the wild west, outlaws avoided certain territories because they had reputations for a tough stance on crime. Let's create a border-security task force that is so imposing that would-be smugglers, traffickers and illegal immigrants think twice about where to cross.
· Candidate for Maricopa Community Governing Board At-Large Tracy Livingston: I am asking for campaign support...grassroots, door hanging, word of mouth, social media and of course public endorsements as you come to know me as a candidate for the Maricopa Community a College Board At-Large. I have filed 2138 petitions more than 100% needed and beating the top Democrat and political consultant Martin Diaz. So with petitions in, I begin the campaign in full swing. Please contact me if you wish to help this teacher, serving currently on PUSD board and for community college adjunct professor take the world by storm. email@example.com Votetracylivingston@gmail.com 623-229-7092.
· Tempe City Council Candidate Matt Papke: The Establishment is circling the wagons. My campaign has breached their precious pearl gates and is closing in on their last sanctuary. See last week's debate. While they patted each other on the back and put their heads in the sand, I railed them for out of control spending and forgetting who their bosses are. When they promised good fortunes and blue skies, I reminded them the GDP shrank by almost 3% in the first quarter of 2014. Clearly, they needed a reality check. You can have more of the status quo, or someone who will face the machine and the music. The Establishment Republicans and Democrats have joined forces. You know you are on the right path when getting attacked by the right and the left. Two incumbents and a career lobbyist are working together to make the status quo rule the day. We can and will defeat them. The message of economic liberty and a people first government is resonating across our city and is a deafening siren to the incumbents and entrenched politicos. You can easily see they want more of the same. They want more spending, more government and more laissez faire service to the people. Together we can bring a voice of common sense and compassion to City Hall. In the debate I was assailed by both the left and the right. They will smear my name through the mud and mire. But none of this matters because this is not about me; this is about you and saving our City and our Country. contributions
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter: Our upcoming ATF Event at Scottsdale Gun Club has gone viral! We have received a wide range of coverage from USA Today to Fox 10 News. Most recently I had an interview with KTAR's Rob and Karie show discussing the great packages this event offers and how this idea came about. You can check out the interview by clicking here. I'm proud to support our 2nd Amendment rights and this event is a great opportunity for friends to get together and have fun in a safe, responsible environment. We have had an amazing amount of support for this event, so don't miss out. If you don't have plans tomorrow night, click below to RSVP or contact Grace and let her know you're coming
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally: Our campaign is gearing up for its first Super Saturday event this weekend, and we need You.This is a chance to get a large group of supporters together to make calls and knock doors in the area. Free lunch will be provided and Martha will drop by to talk about the campaign. We'll be meeting at 9 AM at our Campaign HQ:4400 E Broadway Blvd., Suite 510, Tucson, AZ 85711. Contact Matt Brown at Matt@mcsallyforcongress.com or call him at 520-488-4610 if you can help out. This race is going to be incredibly close, and your efforts to help get the word out about electing a stronger voice to represent us will be critical. We really appreciate your time and support. We are working every day, so even if you have only 1 or 2 hours to give, please sign up for a shift today by emailing or calling Matt at Matt@mcsallyforcongress.com or 520-488-4610.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Ken Bennett proposes special strike force to fight illegal activity along border. Recent developments along the border demand Arizona’s next governor have a clear plan to deal with criminal activity throughout the state. To help combat illegal activity, Secretary Bennett recommended the creation of a special strike force within the newly formed Arizona Bureau of Investigation, a division within the Department of Public Safety. The strike force, to be made up of National Guardsmen, state, county and city law enforcement officers, will work with the Arizona Bureau of Investigations to identify, interdict, and prosecute cartel and gang members. “Reports of human smuggling, narcotics trafficking, stolen vehicles, and violence against citizens are extremely alarming,” said Mr. Bennett. Cartels and gangs make up a significant part of the criminal enterprises involved in illegal activities. It’s ridiculous that federal and state governments can only react to these incursions. We must be proactive in our approach, and this special task force will bring law enforcement groups together to help protect our citizens from harm.” In addition to the proposed strike force, Secretary Bennett has revealed his detailed plan to move the state forward. Visit www.BennettArizona.com/plan for his vision on public safety, immigration and more.
· CD2 Candidate Shelley Kais; $1.94 billion intended to assist with the influx of illegal immigrants at our nation’s southern border has been uncovered in the FY 2015 federal budget. That total does not including the $3.7 billion supplemental appropriation requested by the president. According to research by Kais, the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), a unit of the Department of Health and Human Services and parent organization for the Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC) program requested $868 million for the UAC for FY 2015, the same amount it received in FY 2014. However, on May 30, 2014, President Obama asked for FY 2015 funding of $2.28 billion for the UAC, a 162% increase over what the organization had requested. Meanwhile, Congress recommended $1.94 billion instead, more than a $1 billion more than UAC originally sought. “Congress is not acting in the best interest of the American people when it fails to ask why an agency that provides services to unaccompanied alien children requests $868 million yet the president’s budget office ups it by another $1.41 billion,” Kais said. “…The president needs to explain why he is requesting an additional $3.7billion to address the crisis at our southern border and Congress needs to explain why it is adding more than a billion dollars to the UAC’s FY 2015 request. “During the past two fiscal years, Congress has already approved nearly $1.2 billion in funding to assist those entering the country illegally while the Senate has authorized another $2 billion for FY 2015,” Kais said. “I implore Congress to reject the president’s latest request until a full accounting of money already intended for the border crisis has been determined. The fact is we simply cannot afford this kind of spending and it is going to bankrupt our country.” Kais says ORR is the biggest recipient of funding already approved by Congress. From 2011 to 2012, ORR had a 100 percent increase in the number of children entering the UAC program; followed by a 78% increase in 2012-13 and 135% for 2013-14. “ ORR’s budget for the UAC provides funding to accommodate 60,000 children in FY 2014 when between 2003 and 2011 it only serviced an average 7,110 children per year. This program was budgeted to cost the American taxpayer $868 million in FY 2014, an increase of 415% since 2012. This clearly shows that the surge of illegal immigrants at our border is no accident and has been anticipated for some time.” Kais also criticized Congress’ recommendation to expand the Department of Health and Human Services transfer authority “to respond to sudden or urgent needs in the future. In 2012, HHS was the biggest offender of improper payments in the federal government,” Why would Congress provide the president with the authority to transfer money from one account to another? Giving him a free pass on spending is a huge mistake. When I am elected to Congress I will put my expertise in federal fiscal management to work by keeping a watchful eye out for funding anomalies such as these and asking the tough questions that will prevent budget items from slipping through unnoticed.” Editor’s Note: Althought edited from its original content, I let this commentary run over the allotted 250-300 words so reader’s could see the full extent of these expenditures.
· New-Obama-Rule-Could-Force-Cities-To-House-Illegals 'Regulation fits perfectly in line with promise to transform America'
· Balkanization Beckons By Patrick J. Buchanan “In 2007, backed by John McCain, Hillary Clinton, Teddy Kennedy and Barack Obama, Bush backed amnesty for the 12 million people who had entered America illegally. The nation thundered no. And Congress sustained the nation.”
· Stanton Letter A Warning That Sb1062 Fight Is Not Over E J Montini
· Campers Beware: Spike-Traps Found Imbedded In Forest Roads
· Arizona-Ranked-13th-Scariest-State Snakes
· The Strike.
· The Strike.
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· Title 22, Chapter 23, Section 1732 Of The United States Code says that whenever a United States citizen is wrongfully imprisoned by a foreign government, it is the President’s duty to work to secure that citizen’s release!
· What These Gang Members Are Doing In NF Is So Violent That The National Guard Will Have To Be Called In Thugs Make War On Police
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2NoBorder News Watch
ILLEGALS MPORTING DISEASES
FEDERAL LANDS GRABS
FIRST AMENDENT – FREE SPEECH
· Obamas-War-On Americas-Military-Veterans Recap Of The Horrendous Atrocities Obama Has Inflicted On Our Brave American Heroes - He's A Danger To Everything This Country Stands For
· Liberisam And The Epidemic-Of Angry-Black-Women Dead-Beat Father Syndrome
· Dan Calabrese How Obama Is Driving U.S. Corporations To Flee America
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
· Obamas-War-On Americas-Military-Veteransa Recap Of The Horrendous Atrocities Obama Has Inflicted On Our Brave American Heroes - He's A Danger To Everything This Country Stands For.
· New-Obama-Rule-Could-Force-Cities-To-House-Illegals 'Regulation Fits Perfectly In Line With Promise To Transform America'
· Dr-James-D-Manning-On-Obama ‘We Gave Him Everything, And ...