- ► August (16)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ▼ July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
July 6, 2014
· Face The Nation: Sen John McCain “ I hope this program was blacked out in Arizona…”
· Cancelled: The Northwest Conservatives Have Cancelled The CD2 Republican Candidate Debate scheduled July 8 at the Desert Sky Middle School in Tucson. The Northwest Conservatives regret that candidate Martha McSally did not accept an invitation to speak to the voters. Shelley Kais will not participate because “for any debate to be meaningful, it must include all three primary candidates and occur before early voting begins on July 28 so all voters have the information they need to make an informed choice". With Chuck Wooten as the only candidate willing to continue, the Northwest Conservatives only option was to cancel the event. The debate date and facility were selected as a convenient time and central location to allow a vast amount of voter access to the candidates at a time when they are off work. It is unfortunate that many CD 2 voters will not have the opportunity to hear directly from the candidates before early balloting. The Northwest Conservatives are active in northwest Tucson, Marana, Catalina, and Oro Valley. The group meets monthly to discuss local and national issues as well as candidate debates & forums throughout the year in an effort to engage the community in public issues.
· CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten is hosting a Town Hall/Rally at 6:30 pm, July 8 at Desert Sky Middle School, 9860 E. Rankin Loop, Tucson in place of the cancelled Northwest Conservative Debate.
· Andrew Costanzo, CD 3 - Maricopa County Coordinator, is asking for volunteers to join the CD3 candidate Gabby Saucedo-Mercer’s campaign team to retire CD3 Democrat incumbent Raul M. Grijalva. Volunteers are needed to walk neighborhoods and make phone calls. Costanzo says with more volunteers contacting Republican voters the GOP can turn CD3 from blue to red. Contact Costanzo at 480 677-0697 or email@example.com
West Valley Republicans need volunteers to cover the 1-5 pm shifts. They are also in need of a small microwave and a file cabinet for the newly opened office at 10050 W BellRoad #26, Sun City. Contact: Phyllis and Peter Lee 623-977-4532 firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD20 Is Conducting A Caucus for Candidates at 6:30 pm, Mon, July 7 at the Washington Elementary School District Adm Bldg, 4650 W Sweetwater Ave., Glendale.
· A CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter ‘Meet And Greet’ is scheduled at 7 pm, July 11 at the home of Caroline Coler, 1368 N. Santa Anna Ct., Chandler. RSVP 480-252-3503
· Arizona Long-Time Balladeer Dolan Ellis was up on the Mogollon Rim over the weekend doing some photo work for his new ballad about General George Crook and the Trail he established up there in the mid 1800's -- from Fort Verde, (Camp Verde today), to Fort Apache. “While wading through waste high ferns and singing ‘The Old Crook Trail’ to the Abert Squirrels, I followed the chevron hash marks through the tall Ponderosa Pine timber,(placed there by the BSA in the 1940's). Let me tell you, I... was in Balladeer Heaven. I also found some original axe slashes, marking the old trail. Thirty years ago, I use to see old insulators in the tops of the ancient trees, from the original telegraph line that followed the trail...but none this time. (Hopefully, they are now in some museum, and not serving as paper weights in someone's office.), said Ellis.
· Amanda Stanford Speak to the Arizona Project at the 6:30 pm, Mon., July 7 at 3375 E. Shea, Phx. Stanford will discuss how she won her court case against an establishment Republican. Contact: Ron Ludders 602-677-1496 .
The Tempe City Council Candidate Forum is scheduled at 6:30 pm, Mon., July 7 in the council chamber, 31 E 5th St., Tempe. Parking available just north of the facility. Limited seating. Council candidate Matt Papke invites attendees to stop by the Yucca Tap Room after the debate. matt papke
· LD29 House Candidate Effie Carlson will be featured at a cock tail party at 5:30 pm, Thur., July 8 hosted by Kelly Hart, Lisa James and Courtney Odden. see details.
· The LD11 House Candidate Debate with candidates Mark Finchem, Jo Grant, and Vince Leach is scheduled at 6 pm, July 7 at the Pima Community College, Northwest Campus, 7600 N Shannon Road.,Tucson. Contact: email@example.com (602)364-3477
· A Candidate Reception is scheduled between 5-7 pm, Fri., July 18 at Pueblo del Sol Country Club in Sierra Vista. All Republican candidates have been invited to attend. No speeches, debate, or forum — just friendly meet and greet. The Reception is jointly sponsored by the 1200 Club of Sierra Vista, the Thunder Mountain Republican Women’s Club, the Huachuca Area Republican Women’s Club, and the Cochise County Republican Committee. Contact: Kathy Dolge, Membership/Reservations Chair 602-510-8986
· A Conservative Candidate Roundup is scheduled from 1-4 pm, Sat., July 12 at the Paramount Theater, 420 N Florence #4, Casa Grande, featuring Sheriff Joe Arpaio, LD8 and 11 Senate And House Candidates Darla Dawald, Irene Littleton, Wayne Bachman, Mark Finchem, Vince Leach And Steve Smith, School Board Candidate Mark Maurer And Mike Voelker, Maricopa City Council Candidate Vincent Manfredi, State Treasurer Candidate Jim Dewit, Justice Of The Peace Candidate Roger Valdez, CD1 Candidate Adam Kwasman, and Supt of Public Instruction Candidate Diane Douglas.
· LD6 And LD1 House Candidates Forums are scheduled by Yavapai College, the Yavapai County Education Service Agency and the League of Women Voters at 6 pm, July 9 at the Verde Valley Campus in Clarkdale and at 6 pm, July 10 at the Prescott Campus. Forums are open to the public. No admission. Details: bit.ly/1mQBEoO
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club will meet at 9 am, Sat., July 19 at the Fountain Hills Community Center to hear Corporation Commission Chairman Steve Chucri , Corporation Commission candidates Doug Little and Vernon Parker, State Treasurer candidate Randy Pullen, and school board candidates Judy Rutkowski & Edith Stock. Doors open at 8:30 am.
· The Fr. Patterson Knights Of Columbus Council #3121 has joined with the AZ East Valley Pro-Life Alliance in hosting a 2 pm, Sun, July 13 “You Are a Masterpiece” presentation at the Knights of Columbus Hall, 644 E. Chandler Road, Chandler. Ice cream social to hall. Free admission. Donations accepted. RSVP: 480-216-7217 or E-Mail: Life@EVProLifeAlliance.org DVD’s will be available for $15.
· CD8 Congressman Trent Franks Is Hosting A ‘Victory 2014 GOP Rally’ with Mike Huckabee (FOX News) and Arizona Congressmen Paul Gosar, David Schwiekert and Matt Salmon on Aug 2 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N Scottsdale Road., Scottsdale. Photos ops with Huckabee $250. RSVP by July 25 to Jessica Lycos firstname.lastname@example.org 480-686-5076 or Radha Hirsch email@example.com 602-510-2384.
· The West Valley Republican Office has been operational for two weeks. The front desk for volunteers to answer the phone and greet guests. The second room has two desks – one for Jennifer Bontrager, the AZGOP who will be in the West Valley office on Mondays and Wednesdays. The second desk for LD21 Chairman Kevin Payne and can be used by other West Valley legislative district chairmen. An ASU student intern from ASGOP headquarters will be in the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
· The West Valley Republican Office has scheduled an "open discussion group" on Tuesday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30. Contact: Phyllis and Peter Lee 623-977-4532 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Congressman Paul Gosar: I was back home in Arizona while Congress observed a district work week for the July 4th holiday. I enjoyed meeting with local groups and organizations in the community and spent time with my family celebrating our nation’s 238th birthday. I even moved my youngest daughter into her college dorm as she begins her first year of school. As any parent will tell you, that is no easy task. However, despite the patriotic festivities, it was a somber week as our community and all of Arizona looked back in remembrance on one of the worst tragedies to ever hit our state. As you will remember, on Sunday June 30, 2013, a catastrophic wildfire in Yarnell, Arizona claimed the lives of 19 elite Granite Mountain Hotshot firefighters during their efforts to control the blaze. These were the bravest, toughest firefighters you will ever find. Despite suffocating heat and hauling backbreaking equipment, these men would march right into the heart of wildfires and quickly work to contain these devastating disasters from inflicting their will on our communities. To this day, words cannot express my sadness and the depth of my condolences to the families of these 19 first responders who gave their lives protecting our community. I will remember this horrible tragedy for the rest of my life. These brave men made the ultimate sacrifice fighting to protect our citizens and for that we will be eternally grateful. Even though a year has passed, please continue to keep the families of these firefighters in your prayers.
· Petition To Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Preibus. Petition to censure Henry Barbour for masterminding Thad Cochran’s campaign to smear Chris McDaniel and Tea Party supporters in the recent Mississippi senate race.
· CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten will address the Pima County Republican Club luncheon at 11:30 am, Tues, July 8 at the Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S Tucson Blvd., $11 lunch.
· Frustrated With The Lack Of White House Action In Retrieving Sgt Andrew Tahmooressi from a Mexican jail, American Military News has created a petition to add to the pressure to get him released. Marine Stuck In Mexican Jail Needs Our Help
· ATTN: Candidates/LD Leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent announcements or messages to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. I became aware that some of your messages haven’t come through. Messages can be sent to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· Contact Your Congressman. Let them know your anger over yet another scandal that has taken the lives of unknown numbers of Americans. Our veterans deserve better.
· Sen John McCain R 202-224-2235 mccain.senate.gov
· Sen Jeff Flake R 202-224-3421 flake.senate.gov
· Rep Ann Kirkpatrick (D1) 202-225-3361 kirkpatrick.house
· Rep Ron Barber (D2) 202-225-2542 barber.house.gov
· Rep Raul Grijalva (D3) 202-225-2435 grijalva.house.gov
· Rep Paul Gosar (R4) 202-225-2315 gosar.house.gov
· Rep Matt Salmon (R5) 202-225-2635 salmon.house.gov
· Rep David Schweikert (R6) 202-225-2190 schweikert.house.gov
· Rep Ed Pastor (D7) 202-225-4065 house.gov/pastor
· Rep Trent Franks (8) 202-225-4576 franks.house.gov
· Rep Kyrsten Sinema (D) sinema.house.gov
· Arizona -Americans For Prosperity Needs Volunteers for phone banking. Field Director Contacts:
· Karen MacKean, Coconino, Apache, Gila, Graham & Eastern Pinal County, email@example.com, (480) 220-9450
· Karen Schutte, Pima & Cochise County, firstname.lastname@example.org , (520) 240-2058
· Judy Hoelscher, Maricopa & Western Pinal County, email@example.com, (480) 290-1751
Leslie White - Deputy State Director, firstname.lastname@example.org 480.290.2286
· LD11 Conservative Team Candidates Steve Smith (Sen), and Rep Mark Finchem and Vince
Leach (House) schedule: .
· July 7 – 6 pm, Clean Elections Commission Debate AZ House Candidates Candidates Mark Finchem, Jo Grant, Vince Leach at Pima Community College, Northwest Campus 7600 N. Shannon Road Tucson
· July 9 – noon, AMIGOS Face-to-Face Lunch hosted by Joe Wilhelm, General Manager of ASARCO Hayden Operations register/event
· July 12- 1 pm, LD 11 & LD 8 Conservative Candidates and Sheriff Joe Paramount Theater, Casa Grande.
CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten schedule: email@example.com
· July 8 – 6:30 pm, NW Conservative Club CD2 Debate, Desert Sky Middle School 9850 E. Rankin Loop Tucson. Contact Frank Olivieri 742-1475
· July 10 -5:30 pm, Meet and Greet Wooten: Martha Cooper Library, 1377 N Catalina Ave. Light snacks. Featuring Jeff Utsch, NCAA All-American swimmer and Navy SEALS instructor; Jeff Prather, DEA Special Agent.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Ken Bennett’s schedule:
· July 8 - Superstition Mountain Republican Club - Apache Junction
· July 9 - Arizona Technology Council Gubernatorial Candidate Forum - Scottsdale
· July 10 - Alliance for Construction Excellence Candidate Forum - Phoenix
· July 10 - Payson Tea Party Meeting - Payson
· Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Diane Douglas Schedule:
· July 7 – 6:30 pm, LD20 Candidate Caucus, Washington School District, 4650 W Sweetwater, Glendale.
· July 10 – 5:30 pm, Central Phoenix Republican Women's Club Supt of Public Instruction candidate forum dinner meeting, Hilton Garden Inn, 4000 N Central Ave. Phx. $22 per person.
· LD19 Senate Candidate Joe Hobbs will re-file an Amended Application to run as a “Participating” candidate after a July 3 revised ruling from Clean Elections clarified prior advice Hobbs received from the SOS’s Office. “The issues for “write-in” candidates are rather complex and there are stipulations which must be met but this is very good news to our campaign,” said Hobbs. “The big news is now I can collect $5 Qualifying Contributions from registered LD19 voters. I must qualify to be on the ballot before any funds will be allocated to our account, and funds will only be applied for the General Election,” said Hobbs. “We are putting together a great group of volunteers and we look forward to taking our message to the voters of LD19.” My campaign has blasted off! We refuse to surrender a Senate seat without a fight. We have a clear plan, motivated troops, Early Seed contributors, a clear strategy to get on the November ballot and to get the required $5 Qualifying Contributions. We will be well funded and very competitive – we are climbing this mountain. After we win in November people will be asking “What the heck just happened?” and we will say “Liberty Erupted In LD19.” There are Clean Elections limitations on Seed Money – we need it now from inside/outside LD19. Checks must be made payable to Hobbs4AZ. They can be up to $160 per individual (a single check of $320 per household if both spouses sign the check). website www.hobbs4az.com will be unveiled shortly. Joseph.firstname.lastname@example.org
· CD8 Candidate Clair Van Steenwyk’s reponse to Congressman Trent Franks statements. Link to Van Steenwyk’s commentary. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Clair-Van-Steenwyk-for-US-Representative-in-AZs-CD-8/137914286307313
· CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten learned of Shelley Kais’ withdraw from the July 8 scheduled and confirmed candidate debate in an unorthodox manner. He read a brief statement by Kais in the Maricopa County Republican Briefs daily e-mail. He was not informed of the cancellation by the event sponsors, the NW Conservatives, because Kais had not informed them of her decision to quit. Martha McSally, on the other hand did not withdraw from the event. She simply refused to participate via a private communication between her campaign and Kais’…but no call to Wooten. McSally has proven time and again she has no regard for election process and even less regard for our citizens. Both Kais and McSally have been stunningly quiet since. This behavior is reprehensible and not befitting of two adults seeking to represent 700,000 constituents. Backroom conversations and deals are what America has become accustomed to from politicians and McSally and Kais are learning well. By McSally refusing to debate and Kais quitting, they have effectively robbed a giant swath of our District from participating in the election process. There is another debate planned on July 26th in Green Valley—it’s conveniently being held at Kais’ neighborhood clubhouse. Wooten will be there. In the meantime, Wooten is the only candidate who accepted the debate and kept his word. He has decided host a Candidate Rally/Town Hall where he will lay out his priorities, positions, and plans followed with Q&A at 6:30 pm, July 8 at Desert Sky Middle School, 9860 E. Rankin Loop, Tucson. Open to the public. Details www.wooten2014.com.
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally: Hey - It was another stellar week on the campaign. We had a great time meeting people in parades at Benson, Bisbee, and Summerhaven and at the Sierra Vista Independence Day Festival. Martha stopped by her VFW Post 10188 and had an op-ed "Arizona Daily Star: The Border is Not Secure "On my latest trip to the border a few weeks ago, I stood at the edge of the San Pedro River, which is currently dry, and could have simply walked into Mexico, or vice versa, because the area lacks any barriers or fences... What they're saying Martha McSally's 5:30 AM Wakeup Call McSally Makes List of GOP Women With Party's Support Republicans Circulate List of Top Female House Candidates
· Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs is the only candidate who's a military veteran (U.S. Army); the only candidate with actual public safety experience as a police officer and deputy sheriff; and the only candidate with experience in K-12 education as a school board president and CEO of the largest nonprofit corporation and Community Development Financial Institution dedicated to helping public charter schools with their financing and facility needs. He's also the only candidate who's a former U.S. Congressman where he served with distinction as a leader and reformer. He organized the Gang of 7 to expose the House Bank and Post Office scandals and earned top ratings from National Right to Life and the NRA for his voting record, as well as from Citizens Against Government Waste and Watchdogs of the Treasury for cutting federal spending and taxes. As Riggs says, a plan without experience is just words on paper; but a plan with the right experience is the "real deal." Riggs' experience has shown in the candidate forums and debates and has Republican voters statewide talking about his candidacy. See and judge for yourself:
· CD8 Candidate Clair Van Steenwyk: Jean & I just returned home after seeing this documentary, I hope others will do the same and tell others as well, for me this was like returning to my History classes and my one main goal is that our Great Grandchildren will be taught this as well, already to late for the grand children, so keep pushing the system or they'll be nothing left. God Bless You All; Clair Van Steenwyk for US Representative in AZ's CD 8
· 15-Classic-George-W-Bush-Moments George W. Bush’s 68th Birthday.
· I Want A Girl Like The Girls On FOX News Nashville Song
· Should John-McCain-Retire? …Voters Are Tired Of Him After More Than 30 Years Of Service.
· America, The Movie. See Trailor And Get Tickets Here:
· ISIS Crucifies Christians (Warning: Graphic Images)
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· Wrong-Turn-Marine-Held-Mexico Greta Van Susteren Investigates
· 4 Star General: Border-Crisis-Threatens-Us-Existence Top Commander Worries About What's 'Easily' Smuggled In
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2NoBorder News Watch
BUNDY/BLM STAND OFF
· 4 Star General: Border-Crisis-Threatens-US-Existence Top Commander Worries
WAR ON WOMEN
GLOBAL WARMING aka Climate Change
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21