- ► December (11)
- ► November (25)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (30)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ▼ September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
September 1, 2014 – LABOR DAY
· West Valley Republican Activist Mike Holland passed away early this morning. Funeral arrangements are being made. Information will be posted as they are finalized. Holland was an active Republican as long as his health permitted. Condolences to his family. He will be missed.
· “Hard Work Made America A Great Nation, and on Labor Day we pay tribute to the American worker and the tireless work ethic that built our economy,” said Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Reince Priebus this morning. “Today is about honoring all who labor—on farms and in factories, offices, schools and stores. We should strive to pass the values of hard work on to the next generation, and we should strive to ensure that every American who wants and needs a job can find one. Right now, there are millions of Americans who desperately want to work but can’t find a job. They’re exhausted from looking for jobs that don’t exist. So it’s disappointing that Harry Reid and President Obama continue to reject bipartisan jobs bills passed by the Republican-led House of Representatives—including legislation to build the Keystone Pipeline. It should be our priority to remove the roadblocks to job creation. So on this Labor Day, I call on Harry Reid and his fellow Democrats to do their job, pass those jobs bills, and get Americans back to work. I doubt they will, which is yet another reason for Americans to elect new Republican leaders in November who will fight for jobs and for workers.”
· “I Want To Wish All Americans A Happy Labor Day,” said RNC Co-Chairman Sharon Day. “Many of us have traveled this weekend or will spend time at parades and barbecues, but no matter what we’re doing today—whether work or leisure—let’s remember that part of what makes America an exceptional nation is our workforce. Let’s commit ourselves to strengthening our workforce, advancing equal opportunity for all, and putting the American Dream in reach for everyone.”
· An Alleged Sign Disposer Was Recently Caught In Surprise when an observer followed him home and alerted the police. Seems he was non-partisan in what he was taking as the police reportedly found both Dem and Rep signs in his possession. The signs did have one thing in common – there was no writing on the back side of them so he was recycling them for ‘Garage Sale’ signs. He told the officer it was no big deal since the election was over. However, the big deal was that the signs reportedly belonged to candidates who are still running in the November General Election.
· Destroying Political Signs is a Class 2 Misdemeanor (ARS 16-1019 –political signs http://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/01019.htm ) if caught and prosecuted. If you see someone destroying or messing with Republican political signs for candidates in the General Election in Maricopa County, please photograph them and take the photos to the victims or send them to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
· Incumbent Rep Bob Robson was recently cited by the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Department for violating section 16-10 19.A - tampering with campaign signs - a class 2 Misdemeanor. The court date was set for 9 am, Sept 2, 2014 in the San Marco Court. A pre-trial conference has now been set for Sept. 25, according to Political Insider.
· Commissioner Susan Bitter Smith is speaking to the Valley Forward's Water Committee tomorrow on water policy reforms at the Arizona Corporation Commission.
· CD3 GOP Candidate Saucedo Mercer can use all the help she can get to retire long-time Lefty Dem Congressman Raul Grijalva. Help her out with a donation at Http://Www.Saucedomercer.Com or volunteer to hold a ‘meet and greet’ for her, distribution her literature or make phone calls.
· Rae Chornenky Has Been Appointed Chairman of the National Federation of Republican Women Legislative and Research committee, She is the immediate past president of the Central Republican Women and served as president of National Federation of Republican Women from January 2012 through December 2013. She is a recognized leader and has made tremendous contribution to Republican women everywhere. She currently the By Laws Committee Chairman for the Central Republican Women.
· Former Maricopa County Attorney And Former Gubernatorial Candidate Andy Thomas: A number of my supporters have expressed skepticism about supporting Doug Ducey. In particular, they have grave doubts about whether, if elected, he will keep his promises and secure the border. Unlike all but one of the GOP candidates who ran against him, I have publicly expressed my support of Doug Ducey's candidacy. I believe this is the right thing to do. But let me also be clear about something else. Conservatives are tired of being misled by Republican Party leaders and forced to sit in the back of the GOP bus. I intend to work with grassroots conservatives to monitor the progress of a Ducey administration should he be elected, especially regarding border security. If those promises are not kept, we will respond appropriately. We will not allow our country to be further sold out by the establishment, not without a tremendous fight. Our resolve should not be underestimated.
· LD6 Republicans Are Making An Old Out Effort to make sure that voters know that they have nominated Navajo County Supervisor Sylvia Tenney Allen to replace the late Chester Crandell. Nearly 100 Precinct Committeemen from Gila, Navajo, Yavapai, and Coconino Counties met in Flagstaff last week giving Allen their unanimous backing. She is running against Tom Halleran in the general election. Although Halleran is running as an IND, the LD6 Republicans liken him to a Progressive Dem.
· Half Price Tickets Are Now Available For The "United We Stand" program with Sarah Palin and Dinesh D'Souza scheduled at 7 pm, Sept 4 at the Grand Canyon University Arena, 3300 W Camelback Road, Phx. Tickets at www.960thepatriot.com - use code AZGOP for the discount. Click on the blue and white graphic that says "Purchase tickets using Promo codes." Then use the code: AZGOP and follow the directions. Tickets are also available at the AZGOP office, 3501 N 24th St, Phx and there will be some available at the AZGOP West Valley victory office on Tues afternoon, Sept 3 at 10050 W Bell Road, #26, Sun City.
· GOP Activist Alice Lara will be a guest on the 8 Pm, Sat., Sept 13 Terry Gilberg Show at KFYI 550AM .
· Maricopa Community College Board Candidate Johanna Haver has joined the Central Republican Women of Phoenix.
· Former LD9 Chairman Ray Spitzer: Just Wondering - If a same-sex couple were going to get married and attempted to hire a Muslim bakery to make their wedding cake --- if the Muslims refused, would they be fined or forced to comply like other bakeries have been?
‘Dennis Michael Lynch Returns’ from 7-9 pm, Oct 4 at the Virginia Piper Theater, Scottsdale Civic Center mall, $20 per ticket. VIP reception on Oct 3 - $60 each. Organized by DML Present & Liz Alcorn Committee. Info/Tickets: email@example.com
· Central Republican Women Of Phoenix will hear columnist Robert Robb during their 6:15 pm, Sept 11 dinner meeting at the Hilton Garden Inn, 4000 N. Central Ave., Phx. Social hour at 5:30 pm. Dinner - $22 per person. Reservations: Tina Show at 623-034-9730 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept 7.
· Sen Mike Lee of Utah Will Speak At The 7 pm, Sept 23 GOP Dinner Fundraiser at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort. 6 pm registration. 7 pm dinner. $125 per person. Precinct Committeemen $50 each. RSVP here.
· The Arizona Federation of Republican Women (AzFRW) celebrates Literacy Month in September. AzFRW is asking each chapter to purchase children’s books for the Mamie Eisenhower Library project (a national Federation program) for a list of books selected to inspire, teach and encourage reading. You can donate to the project through any of the Federation of Republican Women’s Club in Arizona. The donations will be used to purchase the books during the Oct 24-25 state AZFRW meeting in Phoenix.
· Election Results: See election tallies at Sec of State [Click Here] or Maricopa County Recorder: recorder.maricopa.gov/ElectionResults_CS/eresults.aspx or http://maricopa.arizonagop.us/
· The Maricopa County Board of Supervisorsare scheduled to canvass the election results on Wed, Sept 3, according to MCRC Chairman A. J. LaFaro
· Precinct Committeemen Elections: as of 1 am, Sat., Aug 30 (completed) http://recorder.maricopa.gov/pdf/SummaryReportPrecinctCommittemen.pdf The precinct level results are the very last reports created at the canvass. We are tentatively scheduled to canvass on Sept 3 which is subject to change. Kristi Passarelli – Maricopa County Recorder’s Office.
The Maricopa County Republican Committee’s Executive Guidance Committee will meet at 7 pm, Thur., Sept 4 at GOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St. All possible guests will be required to sign-in. Only registered Republicans with a valid photo ID will be admitted. No news media, audio and/or video recording will be allowed. Registration opens at 6 pm. Agenda: Primary Election debriefing and preparations for the November General Election. Contact: Chairman A J LaFaro email@example.com
· Phx City Councilwoman Thelda Williams District 1 Community Breakfast is scheduled for 7:30 am, Sept 26 at the Deer Valley Airport Restaurant, 702 W Deer Valley Road, Phx. Breakfast available for $4.99, not including gratuity. Dist 1 will pay for the drink. Contact: 602-262-7444
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
SEPT 2 EVENTS
· The Surprise Tea Party will meet at 6:30 pm, Tues., Sept 2 in the Grand Canyon Room of the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West., AZ. to hear a presentation by Sharon Rondeau (via Skype), editor of the Post & Email tell the story of retired naval Commander Walter Fitzpatrick along with the judicial corruption which Walter discovered in the Monroe County, Tennessee grand jury system.
· The Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm, Tues, Sept 2 at the Anthem Civic Bldg, 3701 W Anthem Way, Anthem to hear Johnathan Paton address support for the passage of Prop 122 – Arizona State Sovereignty- on the November General Election ballot. Contact: Vera Anderson at 602-821-4675 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.daisymountainteapartypatriots.com/index.html
· Pima County Citizens Are Urged To Attend The Pima County Board Of Supervisors Meeting On Tues., Sept 2 in an effort to ‘preserve election integrity in Pima County’, according to the Arizona Accountability Foundation. Purchase of new election equipment is on the agenda of the meeting scheduled at 9 am at 130 W Congress, first floor, board hearing room, Tucson. There is objection to County Administrator Chuck Huckleberry’s recommendation to change a long standing policy and exclude precinct scanners in the purchase. This new policy will mean that fewer citizens will have the ability to oversee the counts, according to opponents. Links to surveys on the issue: Keep Transparency And Independent Oversight In Pima Elections! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GR83HBM
or visit the website for Az Accountability Foundation and follow the survey link.
http://www.azaccountability.org/ Contact supervisors at (520) 724-8126 or
SEPT 3 EVENTS
· The Yavapai County Republicans 5-8 pm, Sept 3 ‘Goldwater Remembrance & Unity Rally’ in commemoration of the kick-off of the 50th anniversary of Barry Goldwater’s presidential campaign on the courthouse steps in Prescott will be celebrated at the Hotel St. Michael’s Ballroom, 205 W Gurley St., Prescott (corner ofGurley/Montezuma). Free parking at Prescott Parking Garage (behind hotel). Contact L.G. Mace, Event Coordinator and Yavapai County Republican Committee 2nd Vice Chair at (928) 776-4500 or email him at email@example.com.
SEPT 4 EVENTS
· Grand Canyon University Will Host “United We Stand” at 7 pm, Sept 4, with Sarah Palin and Dinesh D'Souza. 1/2 Price Tickets at www.960thepatriot.com and use code AZGOP for the discount.
SEPT 5 EVENTS
· Dr. Ben Carson Will Address The ‘Wake Up America’ Dinner scheduled Fri., Sept 5 at the Westin Kierland Resort in Phoenix. The fundraiser is the official launch for Wake Up America as a online media network – an alternative to today’s media.. Limited to 500. firstname.lastname@example.org 602.482.0017.
SEPT 6 EVENTS
· The University Of Arizona College Republicans Unity Rally And Fundraiser Featuring Congressman David Schweikert is scheduled at 6 pm, Sept 6 at the Radisson Suites, 6555 E Speedway Blvd., Tucson. Doors open at 6 pm. Meet and greet candidates and local organizations with a three course dinner. Tickets $35 per person or $65 per couple. Table for 8 - $325. Proceeds will benefit the University of Arizona College Republicans. RSVP: email@example.com.
· A Celebration Of Life Will Be Held For The Late Tommy Tucker at 2 pm, Sept 6 at Vista de la Montana United Methodist Church, 3001 E Miravista Lane, Tucson, AZ 85739. Services were held in Iowa earlier this month. Tucker. who passed away Aug 2. , was the Pinal County Republican Committee First Vice-Chairman since 2012. He served as the Chairman from 2006-2008. See obituary page for more details.
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8:30 am, Sat., Sept 6 at the Sun City West Foundations Building (Quail Room) 14465 R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West Arizona. Doors open at 8 am with coffee/donuts. $2 donation. Speakers: Senator Judy Burges, LD22 Representatives Phil Lovas and David Livingston, and LD22 Chairman Eric Morgan. All candidates in attendance will be given time to speak. First time visitors are asked to call 602-421-8877.
SEPT 8 EVENTS
· The Lincoln Republican Women will meet Mon, Sept 8 at the Double Tree Resort, 5401 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale. $28 per person. 5:30 pm Meet and Greet, 6 pm Meeting/ Dinner, 6:30-7:30 pm Program. Speaker: AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham ‘Rally round the GOP Flag, Girls!’ RSVP: Call Judy Eisenhower 480-941-8162 Or firstname.lastname@example.org or Pat Kaufman at 480-368-2777 email@example.com Send your checks payable to the Lincoln Republican Women’s Club to Judy Eisenhower, 7915 E. Sage Dr., Scottsdale, AZ 85250.
· LD19 Will Meet At 7 Pm, Sept 8 (2nd Mon) in the conference room of Total Wine & More, 1416 N Litchfield Rd (Palm Valley Pavilions West Shopping Center) Litchfield Park, AZ. Contact LD 19 Chairman, Cherie Scott, firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· House Candidate LD4 Richard Hopkins: "I want to thank everyone for their support and votes in the Primary. Despite LD4 having an almost 2-1 Democrat majority, I received more votes in Maricopa County than the 3 Democratic opponents combined, as well as 20% more overall than the Democratic victor. Now the real work begins, and I need your help to keep this going. Help is needed with neighborhood walks (email@example.com) and contributions are always welcome and needed."
· LD24 House Candidate Lei Lani Cortez: I would like to thank everyone for your support, contributions, and efforts and dedication to our primary victory. The final results with 100% of the votes counted are as follows; Lei Lani Cortez -6987, Ken Clark – 6663, Richard Bauer – 3990. That is a difference of 324 votes and 2,997 vote respectively. I was outspent by Ken Clark 3 to 1 and by Richard Bauer 2 to 1.This truly is a victory, these numbers were no easy accomplishment and would not have happen without my many volunteers who walked, sent letters, made phone calls, talked with neighbors, and contributed to my campaign. I confident that with your continued support we can carry this momentum through to the General Elections and for the first time in over 30 years win a seat at the table in the House of Representatives in Legislative District 24. Make no mistake though - in order to make this a reality I need your unrelenting support. I need my supporters to continue to walk with me, send letters, make calls, talk with neighbors, and oh yes I need your donations. Individual donations are very important as I have refused PAC or Dark Money as I want to be a representative of the people - not the special interest groups. It is time to make a difference; together we can do this. To make donations go to my website www.votecortez.com and help me put us in the win column in November. If you would like to have one of my yard signs, hold a Meet and Greet, or other fundraiser please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once again I humbly thank you for all your help and support. Your Candidate for Arizona House of Representatives Legislative District 24 Lei Lani Cortez
· LD28 House Candidate Shawnna Bolick: We won the LD 28 House primary. Thank you to our supporters, volunteers, endorsers, and donors. Without you our win would not have been possible. The general election battle is tough, but winnable. LD 28 is the only Arizona legislative district carried by Mitt Romney that is represented by a Democrat. The Democratic incumbent barely edged out the Republican nominee two years ago. The Democrat has the edge on cash. While I had a tough primary, he faced no opponent. I saved a significant amount for the general election, but our opponent starts with a 3-1 money edge. We need to replenish our funds to win -- and quickly, given the time remaining until the Nov 4 Election. Can I count on you to boost me over the top? The policy differences between myself and our Democratic opponent are stark. He opposes all forms of school choice, while I support it passionately. He is a reliable vote for higher taxes and bigger government; I oppose both. He voted against Right to Try, which would give terminally ill patients the right to access drugs through their physicians that could save or extend their lives. We can win. I can become a champion for education reform and a vibrant economy. General election contributions are limited to $2,000 per person or $4,000 per couple. Please contribute -- any amount helps! I look forward to continuing our effort to preserve our precious freedoms. I promise I will work hard and smart to add an urgently, needed pro-freedom voice to the Legislature. Please mail a contribution to Elect Bolick for Arizona; 2539 East Carol Avenue; Phoenix, AZ 85028, or make a donation online HERE. There are only two months until the general election, and I will put your donation to effective and immediate use.
· LD19 Republican Senate Candidate Joe Hobbs will be on the ballot in November! Voters in Avondale/Tolleson/West Phoenix will have a Republican Senator to vote for – for the first time! He states: “I believe in the GREATNESS of America and the MIRACLE of our Constitution. I will fight for Equality and for the Rule of Law. I want the best education for our kids. I am retired, veteran, married for 37 years with two Sons and three Grandsons. My career of more than 30 years has been with Fortune 100 Corporations such as AT&T and Cisco Systems. I want to bring large corporations like these to our community and show them what we have to offer. They can bring high tech jobs with high wages and good benefits. I want to realize a long term dream and see a West Valley Technology Corridor. I have a Master’s degree with an emphasis in Telecom Sciences. I have a Bachelor of Science degree – Computer Information Systems. I have been an Adjunct Faculty Professor at the University of Phoenix, Glendale and Estrella Mountain Community Colleges. I am an elected PC in Legislative District 19, I serve on the MCRC/EGC, and I am serving my third term as Maricopa County Republican Committee Member-at-Large. I am committed to serving our community with jobs, education, and economic growth. I want to be your Senator. Vote for Joe Hobbs.” A tight summary is just a tiny tool. A tough race is ahead. Your support is greatly appreciated.
· Any-Day-Now-Isis-Could-Cripple-America-With-Devastating-Nationwide-Attack It Happened In The Nation Of Yemen In Early June, 2014 — Terrorists Knocked Out Power To The Entire Country Of 23 Million People. Forbes
· Reports: Obama-May-Delay-Immigration-Decision Rep. Trent Franks
· Duval’s Steep Hill And The Obama Threat To His Candidacy Robert Robb
· J Johnson Airs On CBS AZ Tonight Write In Candidate For Gov
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2NoBorder News Watch
· MSNBC-Warns: Benghazi-Scandal-To-Return-With-Vengeance Headache For Obama, Hillary
GOV RICK PERRY
WAR ON WOMEN
· Muslims-Raping-Nuns Perhaps few things are as disgusting and cowardly as the Muslim rape of nuns: defenseless Christian women who sacrifice much of their lives to help sick and needy Muslims.
GLOBAL WARMING aka Climate Change
· Taxpayers Shouldn't Have To Support Leftist Foreign Policy Centers At Universities The Foreign Crises That Have Challenged The Obama Administration This Summer Are Not The Result Of A Happenstance Outbreak Of Global Chaos, But Of Bad Policy Choices.
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
SECRETARY OF STATE