- ► August (14)
- ► July (33)
- ► June (24)
- ► May (26)
- ► April (29)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (28)
- ► December (20)
- ► November (25)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (30)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ▼ September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
September 12, 2014
· Andrew Costanzo’s Calls For Partication: Fellow conservative activists and patriots, are you ready to send one of our own to Congress? Gabby Saucedo Mercer, candidate for CD 3, is committed to moral conservative principles. Gabby is challenging Democrat incumbent Raul Grajalva who has the distinction of being consistently rated as the most liberal member in the House. CD 3 is a Democrat dominated District, but the mid-term timing is right and we have a coordinated grassroots ground game in place which is producing results. With your Get Out The Vote assistance Gabby can win CD 3. Any and all help is appreciated from making phone calls to financial support. Contribute at http://saucedomercer.com/. For Get Out The Vote activities contact Andrew Costanzo, email@example.com or 480 677-0697.
· LD17 will meet Sept 30 (last Tues of month) at 7 pm in the Tri-City Baptist Christian Seminary Bldg., (South Side of Parking Lot), 2211 W. Germann Road, Chandler, AZ 85286. Speaker: Former Sen Johnathan Paton, chairman of Yes on Prop 122 Committee. The November meeting has been moved to Nov 18 due to Thanksgiving. No December meeting. contact LD17 Chairman Tyler Bowyer at firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD2 Senate Candidate Daniel Estrella and LD2 Chairman Sergio Arellano will address the Pima County Republicans at 11:30 am, Tues., Sept 16 at the Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd – Lunch $11.
The Sun City Grant Republican Interest Group will meet at 9 am, Sept 27 at 19781 N. Remington Dr., Chaparral Center - Hopi Room. Open to all Sun City Grand residents and their guests, elected officials and candidates. Contact: President Ginny Nyre email@example.com (623-544-7187) or Vice President Programs Ruth Seiter firstname.lastname@example.org (623-544-9309) or web at www.grandpop.com
· LD25 and LD26 will host a Saturday, Sept 13 “Walk for CD9” in Tempe and Mesa. Volunteers should meet at the East Valley Institute of Technology (EV
IT), 1601 W Main St. located at Longmore and Main St.,( just east of Dobson) Mesa, AZ 85201. RSVP to Contacts: Dan Grimm email@example.com and Raymond Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
· Congressman David Schweikert will host a breakfast buffet at 8 am, Thurs., Sept 25 at the Chaparral Suites, 5001 N Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale AZ. Guests: Candidate For Arizona Attorney General candidate Mark Brnovich, Arizona Treasurer candidate Jeff DeWit, Arizona Senate candidate Rep John Kavanagh, Incumbent Rep Michelle Ugenti, LD23 candidate Jay Lawrence, Corporation Commission candidates Doug Little & Rep Tom Forese and Scottsdale Unified School District candidate Laddie Guy Shane. Please arrive promptly at 8 am. Program begins at 8:20 Co-Host $250. $50 to Attend. RSVP to: Allison at 480-628-2763 or email@example.com
· The Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm, Tues, Sept. 16 at the Anthem Civic Center Building, 3701 W. Anthem Way, Anthem, AZ 85086. Speakers: Floyd Brown from the Western Center for Journalism and Lance Hurley of the Founding Fathers Ministry. In honor of Sept. 17th, U.S. Constitution Day, Hurley will preform Patrick Henry's famous speech "Give me Liberty". Contact: Vera Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 602-821-4675.
· A J LaFaro’s Ballot Propositions Recommendations: http://maricopa.arizonagop.us/page.php?t=Ballot_Propositions
Arizona Republican Party Chairman Robert Graham today sent a follow-up letter to Fred DuVal, Democrat nominee for Governor of Arizona, regarding his record high spending and record high tuition hikes while a member of the Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR). “Despite Fred DuVal’s attempts to dodge the truth, the facts are clear: While a member of the Arizona Board of Regents, Fred DuVal spent at historically high levels and doubled resident tuition rates,” said Robert Graham, Chairman of the Arizona Republican Party. “Arizona is still recovering from one of the worst recessions in history, and the last thing we need is a big spending liberal Democrat leading our state. We tried that a few years ago and, well, we all know how that worked out.” See letter http://azgop.org/blog/
· The Sun Lakes Republican Club Nov 4 Election Night Dinner/Dance Fundraiser is scheduled from 5-9:30 pm at the Sun Lakes Country Club 1 Arizona Room, 25601 S Sun Lake Blvd., Sun Lakes. Large wooden dance floor. Cash Bar. Doors open at 5 pm, Dinner at 5:30 pm. $20 per person. Tickets required for entry. Ticket deadline – Monday, Oct 27. Tickets at the SLCC front desk or meeting. No refunds. No tickets sold at the door. Music/entertainment Harry Mathews.
· Matt Roberts, Director Of Communications at the Secretary of State’s Office has compiled a list of turnout data sent to SOS by the counties: See Links:
o Total statewide voter registration. http://www.azsos.gov/election/voterreg/Active_Voter_Count.pdf
o Full listing of 2014 General Election candidates. http://www.azsos.gov/election/2014/General/fulllisting.htm
o Info on Justices & Judges up for retention:
o 2014 Ballot Measures
o Campaign Finance Database
o Pebble Beach Webcam
o Precinct Level results
· The Deadline For To Register For The General Election Is Oct. 6. Early voting begins Oct. 9. Register online here.
· A Walk for LD9 House candidate Ethan Orr is scheduled at 10 am, Sat., Setp 13 starting at the SE Corner of Campbell& Ft Lowell Walgreens parking lot in Tucson. For walk lists and literature contact Matt (520) 305-8715.
· Speaker Of The House John Boehner has invited CD1 candidate Andy Tobin to be the first House candidate to deliver the Republican Weekly Address in this critical election year. “I asked Andy to step up because he’s got a strong message. As a small businessman, Andy has seen firsthand how ObamaCare is hurting families and job creators. As Speaker of the Arizona House, he cut spending and balanced the budget to save taxpayers and encourage growth. And as a resident of rural Arizona, Andy knows all too well that top-down, Washington-knows-best “solutions” aren’t the answer to getting America back on track. Andy is going to do great with this week’s address, and with our help, he can win on November 44,” said Boehner. But he can’t get there alone. I’m reaching out to ask you to pitch in $100, $50 or even just $25 right now for Andy. Please . I’m asking you to securely donate by clicking on this personalized link: AndyTobin.com/GOP-Weekly-Address There's 53 days left and Democrats are attacking him from all sides. Andy needs your help. Let’s get this done. Thank you, --John Boehner Speaker of the House
· AZGOP is planning an Oct 11 statewide ‘Super Saturday’ in hopes of reaching 300,000 voters in one day by canvassing precincts from 9 am-4 pm, reminding voters to mail in their early ballots, phone banking from 10 am-4 pm – from your home or a GOP Victory office. Contact: Robert Graham, AZGOP Chairman email@example.com
· LD10 will be walking precincts Sept 13, 20 and 27 for Senate candidate Mark Morrison. Meet at 10 am, at the Bear Canyon Library and work until about noon. If you want to stay a little longer, he’ll provide some pizza and soft drinks. RSVP Morrison at www.mark4arizona.com or 520-307-5331.
· The East Valley Pro-Life Alliance ‘Fall for Life’ Wine-Tasting and Silent Auction Fundraiser is scheduled at 7 pm, Nov 22 at Red Mountain Ranch Country Club, 6521 E Teton, Mesa. $50 donation. Cocktail attire. Register via website: www.evprolifealliance.org or call 480-216-7217.
· LD17 is planning a ‘Big LD17 Walk’ at 8:30 am, Sat., Sept 27 starting at Desert Breeze Park. Volunteers should contact LD17 Chairman Tyler Bowyer at firstname.lastname@example.org
· District 4 Supervisor Ray Carroll is the speaker for the 6:30 pm, Wed., Sept 17 Eastside Republican Club scheduled in the Bear Canyon Library, Community Room, 8959 E Tanque Verde, Tucson.
· The NRA Women Summit will be held Oct 17-19 in Middleburg, VA. Panelist include Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin, Tennessee Rep Marsha Blackburn, organizer of the conservative "War On Women" campaign Carly Fiorina, co-host of CNN's Crossfire S.E. Cupp, journalist and on-air host Dana Loesch, and, TownHall.com blogger and author Katie Polvich, among others. Contact: Addie Crimmins at 703-267-1580 or acrimmins@NRAHQ.org for reservation.
· The Crossroads Of The West Gun Shows are scheduled from 9 am-5 pm, Sat., Sept 13 and from 9 am – 4 pm, Sun., Sept 14 at the Pima County Fairgrounds, 11300 S. Houghton Road, Tucson.
· Packages From Home Will Conduct A Fund-raising Golf Tournament Sat, Nov 1 to raise money for shipping package to our service men and women serving in some nasty places around the world. Roger Hesketh will discuss how you may participate as a golfer or assist as a sponsor at the Sept 15 Arizona Project meeting . Contact: Ron Ludders 602-677-1496.
· All Precinct Committeemen (PCs) from the past term elected or appointed that did not run for PC are no longer PC's. The only PCs the Legislative Districts (LDs) and MCRC have are the ones elected in the August 26 Primary. That said, ALL current LD Executive Officers retain their office until the LD organizational meetings in November and December when the new elections are conducted. In essence LD officers complete their term of office they were elected to. – MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro
· ATTN Teachers: Do You Have Wildlife Education Resources or programs that you want to share with the public? The Arizona Game and Fish Department is hosting a Wildlife Education Resource Fair in conjunction with its annual Adobe Mountain Wildlife Center Open House from 10 am – 3 pm, Nov 22 and 23. Exhibit space is free and will include an 8 foot table and chairs. Space is limited! If you are interested in showcasing your resources, complete This Application Form and submit it via email to email@example.com. Download the Event Flyer.
· Nationally Syndicated Columnist Mychal Massie traveling to Scottsdale to spend two days with Dr Lyle Rapacki, who has agreed to arrange for Massie to speak to large groups while he is in town – Oct 20 and 21. Any conservative group wishing to feature Massie at a large gathering should contact Rapacki at firstname.lastname@example.org Massie has appeared on FOX News and Hannity, publishes the Daily Rant, and has been a pastor.
· The Sun City West Republican Club Victory Picnic is scheduled from 11 am to 3 pm, Oct 1 in Beardsley Park, Sun City West. The well-known West Valley GOP picnic, started over a decade ago by long-time GOP activist Jan Martinson, honors all Republican candidates primary election winners. Lunch will be catered by Texas Road House at a cost of $10 per person, including drinks and dessert. Raffle tickets and door prizes. All winning candidates will be given five minutes to speak. Open to the public. Republicans welcome. Contacts: Darlene Duke 623-640-43, or Jan Martinson 623-546-3753.
MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro: Here is the Maricopa County Precinct Election Report - a PDF file and a great reference tool. The "Voted" and "Voter" files for Maricopa County should be available early next week.
· Destroying Political Signs is a Class 2 Misdemeanor (ARS 16-1019 –political signs http://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/01019.htm ) if caught and prosecuted. If you see someone destroying or messing with Republican political signs for candidates in the General Election in Maricopa County, please photograph them and take the photos to the victims or send them to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro email@example.com
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
SEPT 13 EVENTS
· The Paradise Republican Women’s Club will meet at 11 am, Sat., Sept 13 at Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale AZ 85258. 10:30- social. Noon- lunch with speaker AZGOP Robert Graham. $28 per lunch. Reservations required. RSVP by Sept 10 to Click here for online payment - September Lunch. Checks payable PRWC with menu choice by September 11th. Mail to: Paradise Republican Women, PO Box 14425, Scottsdale AZ 85267.
· GOP Activist Alice Lara will be a guest on the 8 Pm, Sat., Sept 13 Terry Gilberg Show at KFYI 550AM .
SEPT 15 EVENTS
The Sun City Republican Club resumes meetings at Sundial Center on Sept 15 - the 3rd Monday - for pizza at 6:30 pm. Meeting at 7 pm. The Sun Dial Center is located at 14801 104rd Ave., Sun City, AZ 85351. Republicans welcome. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Arizona Project will meet at 6:30 pm, Mon., Sept 15 to listen to GOP Primary Clerk of the Superior Court candidate Amada Stanford at 3375 E Shea Blvd #2.. She won with 55% of the vote upsetting her former boss, incumbent Republican Chad Roche. Stanford will run unopposed in the November 4 general election and be sworn into office in January. Contact: Ron Ludders 602-677-1496.
· Young Americans For Liberty will host speaker Shane Krauser, who will address Constitutional Rights at 5 pm, Sept 15 in the Student Union at Glendale Community College. Contact: email@example.com
SEPT 16 EVENTS
A Meet And Greet For LD28 House Candidate Shawnna Bolick and LD18 House candidate Jill Norgaard at 4:30 pm, Tues., Sept 16 at Macayos, 4001 N Central, Phx. Co-hosts – Kelli Ward, Rick Gray, JD Mesnard, Amanda Reeves, Karen Fann, Darin Mitchell, Steve Montenegro, Paul Boyer, David Livingston, Justin Olson, Phil Lovas and Brenda Barton. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
· An Adult Program On Suicide will be held at 5 pm, Sept 16 at Palomino Library in Scottsdale. "You Matter" - Suicide Awareness and Prevention for Teens and Parents .
· A Meet And Greet For LD28 House Candidate Shawnna Bolick is scheduled from 8-9:30 am, Sept 16 at the Terra Java Coffee House & Bake Shop, 3619 E. Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85018 organized by Jose Borrajero
· The 2014 Homeless Veteran Stand Down starts at 9 am, Tues, Sept 16 and runs through 3 pm, Wed, Sept 17at Tim’s Toyote Center, 2101 N Maint St., in Prescott Valley. See flyer HERE. District staff will be in attendance. Congressman Paul Gosar’s staff and various veteran's organizations will also be in attendance to support homeless veterans with housing issues, employment opportunities, healthcare and mental health services. An overnight stay is provided. More information can be found at www.arizonastanddown.org.
· The Fountain Hill AZ Tea Party will meet at 6:30 pm, Sept 16,(3rd Tues) at the Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd. (Palisades Blvd. & Golden Eagle Blvd.) featuring Jonathan Paton, former AZ State Rep and advocate for YES on 122 -- an amendment to the AZ Constitution seeks to protect state sovereignty. Incumbent Sen candidate John Kavanagh and Dem Sen candidate Paula Pennypackerwill face off in a forum. Free admission. Contact: Richard Rutkowski firstname.lastname@example.org or www.fhteaparty.org
· The Surprise Tea Party will meet at 6:30 pm, Sept 16 at the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 West RH Johnson Blvd. with LD 22 Sen. Judy Burges and LD22 Rep Phil Lovas and David Livingston to discuss Proposition 122, Arizona State Sovereignty Amendment; Proposition 303, Arizona Terminal Patient's Right to Try; and Proposition 304, Arizona State Legislator's Salaries . The group will meet again Oct 7 and Oct. 21. www.surpriseteapartypatriots.com
· ‘Freedom Fires Live’ will feature AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham on Sept 16. A debate between Dr. Carl Goldberg and Dr. Zuhdl Jasser is scheduled Sept 23. The group meets every Tuesday evening at 6:30 at at the Burke Basic School, 131 E Southern Ave., Mesa. Cost: $2 (17 and under are free). FreedomFires.com.
SEPT 17 EVENTS
LD28 House Candidate Kate Brophy McGee And Sen. Incumbent Adam Driggs will hold a fundraising reception at 5 pm, Wed., Sept 17 at Alexi’s Gill, 3550 N Central Ave., Phx. Contact: KateMcGee.com
· The Republican Women of Prescott will meet at 11 am, Sept 17 at the
· The Verde Valley Republican Women will meet at 11:30 am, Sept 17 at the Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, 2250 West State Rte 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336
· RSVP @ email@example.com or (928) 284-4248.
· A Holocaust Film Will Be Shown during the 8 pm, Sept 17 open house at the Freedom Library in Yuma to celebrate Constitution Day. Local holocaust survivors will also speak. The purpose of the program is to remind people that honoring the constitution would prevent another such horrific event.
· Pima County Supervisors Ray Carroll will address the Eastside Republicans at 6:30 pm, Wed., Sept 17 at Parralee Schneider, 250-5073 & firstname.lastname@example.org
· The House & Senate Victory Committees are hosting a 2014 Republican Legislative Candidate Reception from 5-7 pm, Sept 17 at the Sheraton Downtown Phoenix. Tickets are $250 per person / Table Sponsorships are available. Please contact Andrea Evans at AndreaTylerEvans@gmail.com for more information.
· The Palo Verde Republican Women will meet at 11:30 am, Sept. 17 at the Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 E Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale. Lunch $25, Social 11 am. Speaker - Cochise County Sheriff Mark Dannels will address the southern border issues. PVRW member border. PVRW member Peg Cottle will give a slide presentation of her three month stay at Fisher House while her son, a double amputee, was recovering. State Treasurer candidate Jeff DeWit will auction off original art - proceeds go to Fisher House. RSVP contact Edith Stock: email@example.com or call 480-298-7818 (C).
SEPT 18 EVENTS
· The Chino Valley Pachyderm Coalition will meet at 5:30 pm, Sept 18 at the BonnFire Restaurant, 1667 S. State Route, Hwy 89, Chino Valley. Order off menu. RSVP: Sue Goodchild (928) 636-7355 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Seating Limited.
SEPT 19 EVENTS
· Michael Francis, Will Rousseau And Bob Branch are hosting a fundraiser luncheon for gubernatorial candidate Doug Ducey at noon Fri, Sept 19 in the Red's Bar and Grill at Wigwam Resort, 300 E Wigwam Blvd., Litchfield Park, AZ 85340. Suggested Contribution $500/pp. Business Casual Attire. RSVP by Thur, Sept 18 to Kelly Molique 480-213-5910 Kelly@lovasco.com or Corinne Lovas at 623-218-6616 email@example.com . Please make checks payable to: “Ducey 2014” and mail to:Ducey 2014 Attn: Corinne Lovas; 6740 W. Deer Valley Road, Ste. D107, PMB 205, Glendale, AZ 85310 Phone: (623) 218-6616 Email: Corinne@lovasco.com
SEPT 20 EVENTS
· LD22 PCs Glenn And Marie Haynes Will Hold A Private ‘Meet And Greet’ for Dusty Trail precinct committeemen with LD22 incumbents Sen Judy Burges and Reps Phil Lovas and David Livingston, along with Maricopa County Community College District Board Member at Large John Heep in the Corte Bella Country Club Social Hall at 9 am, Sept 20. Limited seating. RSVP required. Dusty Trail PCs should RSVP to MeetSept20@aol.com or leave a message with your name and phone number at 310-418-3645.
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· Scottsdale School Board candidate Laddie Shane: Scottsdale Citizens - With the primary behind us we now enter into the general election. Over the next few weeks I will continue to knock doors with volunteers and attending forums. With so many other offices on the ballot I have to work extra hard to get the word out. I need your help! The first way you can help is putting a yard sign in your yard or a car magnet or window decal on your car. If you click here and fill out this form out I will deliver a yard sign, window decal and/or car magnet to your home this weekend! Another way you can help is by donating. Every dollar you donate goes into getting out the vote and helping spread the word that there is a clear choice for the Scottsdale School Board. Click here to donate!With your help we can grow this coalition and have a board that stands for fiscal accountability with priority-based budgeting that stops wasting tax dollars, rebuilding trust in the community and empowering teachers & students to raise student achievement! I would be honored to have your vote but what is more important is your trust. Please contact me with any questions or concerns you have. I cannot do this without you and any support you can provide is amazing. Please visit website, www.LaddieShane.com or click here. The November 4th election is right around the corner. Thanks and hope to see you soon.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey: It was another great week for the Ducey campaign! I kicked off the week with another event on the Freedom and Opportunity Tour: a tele-townhall with Tucson business leader Lea Marquez-Peterson. We talked jobs, the economy and how I can create opportunity for all Arizonans in a Ducey Administration. Our Tuesday stop on the tour was BeyondTrust, a growing cyber-security company that recently relocated its corporate headquarters to Arizona. While there, I sat down with ABC15's Katie Raml to discuss why Arizona needs more companies like BeyondTrust and why as Arizona's next governor I will work to ensure businesses looking to expand or relocate know Arizona is a place of opportunity that has a great business climate. Midweek, I received the endorsement of the National Federation of Independent Business and the Arizona Chamber of Commerce. I am honored to know that Arizona's job creators believe my freedom and opportunity agenda is right for our state. I also debated the economy with my Democrat opponent, and it is clear that our visions for Arizona couldn't be more different. After the debate, many supporters including Gov. Jan Brewer, agreed my opportunity agenda is what's best for Arizona's future. Yesterday morning, I attended a breakfast helping military families and veterans with men and women from around the state observing the 13th anniversary of September 11. "The patriotism and kindness shown by our fellow Americans during that day, and in the months and years following September 11, demonstrate America's resilience. On this day we also thank our men and women serving in uniform and their families, who continue to sacrifice for our freedoms and keep us safe." Full statement, here. Tonight at 5:30 p.m. I’m holding a tele-town hall with Yuma business leaders talking about how to grow Yuma's economy and reduce unemployment. Have a great weekend everyone and see you on the campaign trail!
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally today released a new ad, "Time," showing how she will be a different leader for Southern Arizona. The ad highlights Martha's background of fighting for what's right, like when she took on the Pentagon to overturn a policy demeaning to our servicewomen, and shows she'll stand up for Southern Arizona, even if it means bucking her own party to support commonsense policies like equal pay for equal work."Voters have put their trust in Martha McSally because they know she's anything but a Washington politician," said McSally Campaign Spokesman Patrick Ptak. "She fights for the middle class. She fights for women. And she's not afraid to buck her own party to do the right thing for Southern Arizona. She's showed all her life that she's a different type of leader, and that's why voters are giving her their strong support." Martha's surging campaign momentum is a clear sign that voters support her fresh approach. She's outraised incumbent Ron Barber for five reporting periods in a row, something nearly unheard of for a challenger, and received the support of groups like The National Association of Home Builders and The Association of Builders and Contractors and the endorsement of the National and Arizona Restaurant Associations. Ron Barber continues to struggle, being named again one of the most Vulnerable Members of Congress and chided for hiding his stance on immigration. KGUN9 also recently reported that Barber has been keeping a secret Mexican beach house from the public and failed to disclose the $1.1 million home on 3 consecutive disclosure forms.
· Attorney General Candidate Mark Brnovich: With the primary behind us and early voting now less than a month away, our campaign for Attorney General is entering the final stretch. Polls show us with a slight lead, but the unique circumstances of this race have left us with a challenge that I need your help to solve. While we were busy with our primary my liberal opponent skated to the Democrat nomination unopposed. With no primary to worry about, she has had three years to stockpile special interest money for the general election. Her campaign finance reports read like a who's who of Left Wing PAC's, Democrat power brokers, and Union Bosses -- enabling her to enter the general election campaign with over $1 million in the bank. That's a lot of money... but we're still in a better position to win. Arizona is a Republican state; 2014 is a Republican year; and polling shows us leading by four points. We like how we're positioned... but we need to get up with TV ads ASAP if we're going to hold our lead. That's why I need your help... and why I need it today! Will you help us get on the air as quickly as possible by making a contribution. Your support today will help us take our message to the voters, hold our lead, and ensure that Arizona has a principled, conservative Attorney General for the next four years. Can you help us? With thanks for your consideration. P.S. Right now we're leading in the polls, but we need to get on TV quickly if we're going to hold our lead. Even just a few dollars will make a real difference, and I will always be grateful! Contributions
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally: This is outrageous. We’ve found out that Ron Barber has been hiding a secret Mexican beach house from the FEC and the Congressional Ethics Committee.Three times in a row, Ron failed to disclose his ownership in a $1.1 million beach house in Rocky Point, Mexico.While he heads to his secret beach house on Friday afternoons like this one, Martha McSally is working hard to uphold her values of honesty and integrity. We’ve got 53 days to retire Ron Barber. Are you with us? Anything you can chip in will help. Ron has almost a $500,000 advantage over Martha, and Nancy Pelosi and Washington Democrats are pouring money into the race to drown out the truth - BUT we can fight back with your help. With 53 days left until election day, we need you to join Team McSally in fighting for honesty, integrity, and Arizona.Will you contribute today so we can fight back against Ron Barber? Thanks for anything you can give. Let’s take back Arizona!
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally’s Campaign today laid out details for four debates to be held in the district and repeated its challenge to Ron Barber to let the people of Southern Arizona know where he stands.The debates would be hosted by: TUCSON - The League of Women Voters/KVOA (NBC), Arizona Public Media, The Tucson Metro Chamber of Commerce/Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the Sierra Vista Chamber of Commerce. "Ron Barber only offered two debates in the district because he doesn't want to talk about his shameful record," said McSally Campaign Spokesman Patrick Ptak. "We think that's a disservice to the people of Southern Arizona who have struggled under his failed leadership, which is why we're challenging him to four debates in the district. Every voter deserves the chance to hear the clear contrast between Martha and Ron Barber and we're ready to talk about his partisan record whenever he is." On Thursday, September 4, Martha McSally challenged Ron Barber to 4 debates to be held in the district. The challenge comes as Ron Barber has dodged and refused to answer questions about immigration, hiding where he stands on one of the biggest issues facing Southern Arizonans.
· CD9 candidate Wendy Rogers: This morning, the Arizona Republic reported on the controversy surrounding Rep. Kyrsten Sinema’s television ad that focuses on a Veteran’s suicide: A top VA official pushed back against the ad. In a Sept. 4 email to Phoenix VA staffers, acting Director Glenn Costie disputed the ad's characterization of VA care for Daniel Somers, though he did not explicitly name Kyrsten Sinema or Somers. The agency confirmed its authenticity to The Republic. "Phoenix staff, I want to pass on the rest of the story concerning the campaign ad being shown in our area regarding a Veteran who hurt himself," Costie wrote. "I think it is important that we fill in some of the gaps of information from the ad." Costie said Daniel Somers was seeing a private healthcare provider at the time of his death and that records showed nothing unusual while he was under VA care. "It appears the Veteran was getting his care in the private sector after May 2009 . . . He committed suicide on or about June 10, 2013," Costie wrote. "Several reviews of the Veteran's records have found that there were no unusual variations in care while the VA was the Veteran's healthcare provider." Wendy Rogers, herself a 5th generation military officer, described Sinema's TV ad as "vile."
· CD9 Candidate Wendy Rogers: This isn’t the first time Sinema has gotten into trouble talking about the military. Rogers pointed to Sinema's apology in May for sending a fundraising e-mail that cited the VA crisis; asking supporters to sign a petition calling for an investigation of the Phoenix VA, while soliciting campaign contributions. Her campaign manager said the e-mail was a mistake by a campaign vendor and promised to make a donation to a veterans group. Rogers called Sinema's fundraising plea "absolutely disgusting."Sinema has drawn heat on military issues before. In her first run for Congress in 2012, opponents criticized Sinema's past anti-war activism and comments about closing Luke Air Force Base." See full story - Click Here. Wendy Rogers responded: "No matter what she says, Sinema has never been a friend to the military or to veterans. More profoundly disturbing, Sinema is a self-serving, two-faced, arrogant fraud to think she can perpetrate her 'affection-for-the-military' ruse on voters. In reality, veterans know she has crossed the line and violated us. I find it sickening that Kyrsten Sinema would air such an ad. It is revolting that she would attempt to exploit a soldier's suicide for her own political gain." Please help us spread the word about this important story by joining the conversation on Facebook and Twitter today!
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally: The McSally Campaign for Congress today released the following statement after Ron Barber rejected a fourth debate co-hosted by the Tucson Metro Chamber of Commerce and Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. "We're glad that Ron Barber agreed to three debates but repeat our challenge to a fourth debate co-hosted by the Tucson Metro Chamber of Commerce and Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce," said McSally Spokesman Patrick Ptak. "What Ron Barber doesn't understand is that turning around our economy is the number one issue on voters' minds, and he owes it to them to explain his poor record on jobs in a debate focused on the economy." The Tucson Metro Chamber of Commerce and Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce represent over 2,500 local businesses employing over 110,000 employees.
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
DR. BEN CARSON