- ► October (20)
- ► September (30)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ▼ September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
September 23, 2014
Maricopa County Republican Chairman A. J. LaFaro Has Filed A Campaign Finance Complaint Against ‘Arizona Grassroots Action’ with the Arizona Citizens Clean Elections Commission, Arizona Secretary of State's Office and Maricopa County Elections Office. Read details in the 9-22-14 MCRC Briefs at http://archives.mcrcbriefs.org/ Contact: A. J. LaFaro, Chairman, 480-752-9164 email@example.com
· AZGOP Victory Offices Where You Can Pick Up Signs, Literature, Etc.
o AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N 24th St., Phoenix.
o East Valley, 1600 W Chandler Blvd., Suite 150, Chandler
o Flagstaff Office, 2625 S Woodlands Village Blvd., Flagstaff.
o Oro Valley, 1171 N Rancho Vistoso Blvd, #103. 605-321-6224
o Payson, 719 S Beeline Rd., Payson
o Pinal County Office, 410 N Marshall, Casa Grande.
o Prescott , 112 Union St., Prescott
o Sun City Office, 10050 W Bell Rd., Ste. 26, Sun City
o Tucson Office, 1740 E Fort Lowell, Ste. 120, Tucson
o Tucson Office, 5447 E 5th St., Tucson.
· The Arizona Republican Party Needs Volunteers To Staff Offices five days a week throughout the state. Volunteers needed for:
o Data entry
o Neighborhood walks on Oct. 11th
o Phone call banks
o Social media voices
· The Yuma County Republicans will meet at 7 pm, Tues, Sept 30 at Booth Machinery. Speaker: AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. . Contact: YCR Secretary Lorna Brooks, 10am-2 pm, Tues-Thur. 928-317-9120 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Congressman Paul Gosar will host A Meet & Greet at Yuma County Republican headquarters at 5 pm, Oct 8 at 276 S. Orange Ave., Yuma, AZ 85364 (between Mr. G's and the Heritage Library). Contact YCR Secretary Lorna Brooks 928-317-9120 email@example.com
· Mark Lewis To Energy Legislators: 15 Republican governors signed a letter to Obama opposing the EPA Carbon rules. Including Jan Brewer. 13 Attorney General came out against the Job killing EPA rules.17 State Public Utility commissioners came out against the EPA Carbon Regulations, including our own ACC chairman Bob Stump (R AZ). The EPAs bizarre math based rules does not give full credit to the largest nuclear power plant in America, which supplies 27% of the state’s energy. Nuclear power supplies more than 68% of the non-carbon generation in the US. The EPA excluded the limited but important Hydropower generated on the lakes above Phoenix. We have to stop these job killing rules that could increase power rates by 30% and increase wholesale water rates 50% the cities pay now. “Obama said today at the UN meeting that by early next year, his administration will announce new U.S. goal for cutting carbon emissions beyond 2020.” Please email me for sample letters in opposition to these Job killing EPA rules. Comments due on Oct. 31. Another hearing will be set by the AZ house in Oct. please thank Speaker Andy Tobin and Rep. Frank Pratt for these effort to stop these job killing regulations. – Mark Lewis 602-499-3095 Background:
o 12 States Sue Obama Administration for EPA Regulatory ‘Overreach’ here. [Subscription required.]
· Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey will host an ice cream social between1:20-2:30 pm, Sun., Sept 28 at Ducey headquarters, 4455 E Camelback Rd., #E250, Phx. Have some Cold Stone Creamery ice cream, and sign up to volunteer on the campaign. Free and open to the public. RSVP by Fri, Sept 26. To RSVP or for questions, please contact Dylan Lefler at 602-842-2014 or firstname.lastname@example.org or RSVP to Cylee Gutting at email@example.com or 602-842-2014.
· Starting Wed., Sept 24 The Doug Ducey For Governor Campaign will be having a “Ducey Night” for voters and volunteers from 5-8 pm in the West Valley GOP Victory Office on 99th Ave. and Bell Rd. Ice cream will be provided for volunteers willing to give us a couple hours of their time! Contact Cylee Gutting at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-842-2014 if you have any questions.
· Phoenix City Councilmembers Bill Gates And Kate Gallego, the Phoenix Police Department and the Arizona Registrar of Contractors warned residents to be aware of unlicensed contractor scams in the wake of recent storms. See tips to homeowners to protect themselves against unlicensed contractor scams and “storm chasers” that often target owners of recently damaged homes. Visit https://www.phoenix.gov/news/district3/356
· Pew Poll: Majority of Republicans Dissatisfied with GOP on Illegal Immigration
o “The party has not done a good job on immigration because it is too willing to allow immigrants living in the U.S. illegally to gain legal status.
o “56% of “Republicans and Republican leaners” think the GOP is “not doing a good job” on illegal immigration”
o “Only “18% say it has not done a good job because it is not willing enough to allow immigrants living in the U.S. illegally to gain legal status.”
· Pew Poll: More Dems Upset Party Too Willing to Legalize Illegals 21% of Democrats “fault their party for being too willing to allow legal status for people here illegally” while 20% blame the party for “being too unwilling to allow them legal status.”
· Neither-Party-Gets-Good-Marks-From-Its-Base-For-Handling-Illegal-Immigration “Massive illegal immigration would lower the wages of blue-collar white Democrats and black Democrats, and that may explain why Senate Democrats begged President Barack Obama to delay his executive amnesty until after the midterm elections to help Democrats preserve the Senate. U.S. Civil Rights Commissioner Peter Kirsanow has urged the Congressional Black Caucus, for instance, to reject massive amnesty legislation because of the detrimental impact it would have on black workers.”
· Congressman Paul Gosar: This past week I voted against a Continuing Resolution (CR) Spending bill which temporarily funds the government through the end of this calendar year. This CR is due to the fact that the Senate has not taken up a single one of the House passed appropriations bills. This is another admission that the Senate has again failed to pass a budget for the fourth time in five years. I voted against the CR because of the inappropriate time line that punts the budgeting issue to a chaotic lame duck Congress. I also opposed this stopgap measure because it contains no spending reforms which we desperately need. This flawed legislation also reauthorizes the Ex-IM Bank, a form of crony capitalism we need to phase out. I was not sent to DC to continue business as usual, and I will continue to fight against it. As one of the leading members on this issue, the House has made an honest effort to return to a normal order of creating and appropriating a budget in an open manner that encourages a dialogue with the American people. In fact, the House passed 7 different appropriations bills in 2014. For my part, I introduced 27 amendments, with 21 of them successfully passing the House and positively affected almost one billion dollars in federal spending. This short term punt of the CR undermines the work done to root out federal waste, fraud and abuse in federal spending. A list of my amendments for the FY 15 Appropriations bill can be found HERE.
· Three New Specialty License Plates to help personalize and customize your vehicle are now available for purchase from the Arizona Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Division. The new plates include a Girls Youth Organization plate to support the Girl Scouts; an Arizona Motorsports Commemorative plate for Phoenix International Raceway; and a redesigned Phoenix Suns plate. The license plates have an annual fee of $25 for a non-personalized plate and $50 for a personalized plate, with $17 going to support the charities. Vehicle owners can purchase the new plates at any MVD or Authorized Third Party office location or online at ServiceArizona.com.
· LD22 Has Created A New Committee which will be helping to write legislation for the upcoming legislation session. The goal is to have our LD22 representatives carry the new proposed legislation down to the capital to represent the district. They have a number of topics they are working on and welcome input on three topics from my fellow Arizona Republican PC's:
o Ideas on how we can reduce the size of AZ State government
o Ideas on how the State of AZ can reduce spending
o Ideas on what laws we can take off the books
If you have any ideas you believe can help our great state, please forward them to:
LD22 First Vice Chair Tom Platt email@example.com It is my hope our LD22 group can take some of these ideas and turn them into productive legislation. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
· Congressman David Schweikert: Do you love taking photos of your backyard or the sunsets across the city? When you live in Congressional District 6, you're familiar with the beautiful vistas of desert scenery. We're looking to revamp our website with photos from the people of the District. Join the contest by emailing us a high resolution version of your favorite photo of #AZ06 to AZ06photo@mail.house.gov.We'll announce the winner on Friday, October 3!
· Today Arizona Republican Party Chairman Robert Graham reminded Arizona voters that state Democrat leaders unilaterally chose their nominees, deliberately avoiding providing meaningful choices for voters in the August primary election. Graham said no amount of participation from national Democrat leaders now can overcome the resulting weakened state of the Democrat candidates in Arizona. “Bringing in a figure as controversial as Debbie Wasserman Schultz only serves to show how tone-deaf Arizona Democrats are about the role of voters in their own elections,” said Graham,. “You’d think lobbyist Fred DuVal, who is trying to reposition himself and shed his well-deserved liberal image — that he would join his fellow party insiders and stay away from her hyperpartisanship as leader of the Democratic National Committee."
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham: While the nation today is celebrating National Voter Registration Day, Democrats still face an uphill battle. In Maricopa County, which contains more than 60% of the state’s voters, Republican voters outnumber Democrat voters by 12 percent. And low registration numbers are only part of the Democrats’ problems: Republican turnout in the last month's primary election was also 12 percent higher than that of the Democrats. “It's no surprise that Fred DuVal would campaign with Debbie Wasserman Schultz considering she is a fellow Washington, DC liberal who supports increasing taxes, more regulations on employers and amnesty for illegal immigrants," said Jordan Rose, founder and president of Rose Law Group, Arizona’s largest female-owned law firm. “Wasserman Schultz's record of advocating for policies that hurt hardworking families is a perfect fit for DuVal, a lobbyist, who intends to run up the debt, explode the size of government and pass the bill on to taxpayers."
· AZGOP Robert Graham: POLITICO recently reported that many of Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s fellow Democrats “have lost confidence in her as both a unifying leader and reliable party spokesperson at a time when they need her most.” But Fred DuVal and other Arizona Democrats apparently can’t wait to rally with her in Phoenix. Arizona voters have the chance to hear from the DNC Chair who:
o Can’t Even Get Along With A Democrat President. “Democrats Turn On Debbie Wasserman Schultz,” POLITICO, 9/17/14
o Is Called “Completely Unprofessional And Rude” By Her Fellow Democrats., “Democrats Turn On Debbie Wasserman Schultz,” POLITICO, 9/17/14
o Suggested That Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker And Tea Party Members Beat Women. “Democrats Turn On Debbie Wasserman Schultz,” POLITICO, 9/17/14
o Received A Taxpayer Score Of “F” From The National Taxpayers Union. National Taxpayers Union, 9/16/14
o Supports President Obama’s Unilateral Action On Immigration. “Wasserman Schultz Backs Broad Obama Action On Immigration,” Bloomberg, 7/30/14)
· Congressman Paul Gosar: On Thursday the House gave the Senate another chance to take up legislation titled the Jobs for America Act that will promote job creation and economic growth for Americans across the country. This legislation contains some of the 383 bills stuck in the Senate awaiting action, including important provisions of my Catastrophic Wildfire Prevention Act. Unfortunately, this legislation has lingered in the Senate for nearly a year.
As a medical professional for over 25 years, I know firsthand that preventative care is a much cheaper and effective treatment as opposed to dealing with an illness or disease after it has already been diagnosed. This must be the same approach we take to forest health and wildfire prevention. Unfortunately, President Obama and his administration continue to play games and waste billions of dollars on the backend on suppression. There is absolutely no room for politics when it comes to wildfires—the Senate must join the House and adopt policies that allow for active management of our forests. It’s time for Harry Reid’s do-nothing Senate to take action and pass the Jobs for America Act. I’m sick of being a victim of catastrophic wildfires and suffering from the consequences of bad policies.
· Today, The Arizona Criminal Justice Commission (ACJC) announced that it has been awarded a $374,408 grant by the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Assistance under the Harold Rogers Prescription Drug Monitoring Program: Data-Driven Multi-Disciplinary Approaches to Reducing Rx Abuse. The grant will be used to implement the award-winning Arizona Prescription Drug Misuse and Abuse Initiative in Maricopa County. In Maricopa County, ACJC will be working with Mercy Maricopa Integrated Care and the Maricopa County Department of Health to support community-based substance abuse coalitions in their implementation of the Arizona Prescription Drug Misuse and Abuse Initiative. Specifically, Mercy Maricopa Integrated Care will act as the Regional Behavioral Health Authority for Maricopa County and the Maricopa County Department of Health will be working to help increase the utilization of Prescription Drug Monitoring Program. More information about Arizona’s Prescription Drug Misuse and Abuse Initiative can be found at: http://www.azcjc.gov/acjc.web/rx/default.aspx
· Destroying Political Signs is a Class 2 Misdemeanor (ARS 16-1019 –political signs http://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/01019.htm ) if caught and prosecuted. If you see someone destroying or messing with Republican political signs for candidates in the General Election in Maricopa County, please photograph them and take the photos to the victims or send them to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
· Yesterday the Arizona Republican Party released a report showing Democratic Gubernatorial Nominee and Lobbyist Fred DuVal has made spending promises on the campaign trail totaling nearly $4B ($3,918,695,000.00 to be precise). His reckless spending promises are approximately a 42% increase from our current state budget. In the recent debate in Tucson, DuVal promised not to raise taxes. In fact, his exact words were, “No new taxes, read my lips.” "So if DuVal is not going to raise taxes, how will he finance his nearly $4 billion in new spending promises without bankrupting Arizona?” asked AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. "If DuVal can’t answer the question, it means he has been lying to Arizonans, which is clear. It is time for this career Washington, D.C. lobbyist to start telling voters the truth." DuVal’s Spending Promises:
o Private-Public Rail Line connecting Tucson and Phoenix. Estimated Cost: $3.6 Billion (at a minimum) Passenger Rail Corridor Study
o Restore Funding to the Child Care Assistance Program. Estimated Cost: $80 Million annually. (Fred, said in his plan this is how much has been “slashed” over the last several years)
o Restore All-Day Kindergarten. Estimated Cost: $218 Million annually. Cost of All-Day Kindergarten prior to the recession
o Erase Student Debt for Teachers Staying in Arizona for Five Years. Estimated Cost: $195,000 (Estimate based on tuition costs for one-tenth of Arizona’s teachers, assuming they graduate in the top third of their class and stay in Arizona for five years)
o Increase Financial Aid to Students. Estimated Cost: $20 Million minimum. (Estimate assumes doubling current State Investment For Financial Aid)
o New Agency to Investigate Political Insiders. Estimated Cost: $500,000 annually plus one-time costs to establish agency. (Estimate based on other small state agency operating funds)
· “'I’ve Been Around Politics A Long Time and don't expect politicians not to engage in politics. Yet there are times when even the crassest politicians are expected to act dispassionately and honorably. Crafting ballot language is one of those occasions. The voters are entitled to a neutral description of what they are being asked to decide, not language declaring as uncontested fact something very much subject to disputation.” - Bob Robb, Arizona Republic July 7, 2014.
· Phoenix City Council District 6 - Sal DiCiccio: In a stunning move to help the national government unions, Mayor Stanton and some on the Council voted to alter the ballot description for the Phoenix Pension Reform initiative. He inserted the words “police officers” and “fire fighters” even though a neutral third party did not include them in the summary language of Prop 487. This is the first time in city history politicians altered neutral ballot language, and in doing so, they have betrayed a bond with the public. Actual transcript: Ballot Description Debate.pdf The Pension Reform initiative, Prop 487 is clearly written and will save Phoenix over $500 million. In order to score points with the national government unions, the Mayor and his allies inserted biased and erroneous language onto the ballot to defeat pension reform by using the public safety workers, who will not be affected, as the face of their campaign. The unions are clearly scared you will vote to support Prop 487 and will do and say anything to stop you. Using our police officers/fire fighters and their families for political advantage is unconscionable. These are the tactics you find in third world countries, not in our country where people gave the ultimate sacrifice to protect our ballot rights. This is the second time this year our police have been used by these politicians for political gain. The biased language Mayor Stanton inserted will NOT impact the comprehensive pension reforms of Prop 487 that will save the City and taxpayers like you hundreds of millions of dollars. The Mayor did this as a distraction to scare you. Actual ballot language: Phoenix_Pension_Reform_Act_of_2014_Title_and_Text.pdf . Luckily, the ballot language is the only thing that matters - not the description drafted by the Mayor. Section 1 part 9 clearly excludes Police and Fire, and moreover, state law does not allow Phoenix to exist the Public Safety Retirement System. The initiative ONLY affects civilian workers and not public safety officers. - Sal DiCiccio, Phoenix City Council; District 6.
· GOP, Business Leaders on Lobbyist Fred DuVal's "Tooth Fairy Math" according to AZGOP Headquarters Spokesman Tim Sifert 602-315-5590 email@example.com : Governor Jan Brewer: "There is no doubt now that Fred DuVal is deliberately misleading voters about his plans for Arizona's budget. He tells us he won't raise taxes yet continues to propose increasing government spending and bankrupting the rainy day fund that we worked so hard to replenish. He can't have it both ways. Arizona cannot afford Mr. DuVal's Obama-style spending or rhetoric, and voters deserve to know how he intends to keep his promises."
o Congressman Matt Salmon: "Arizonan's have seen Fred DuVal's spending policies before, they are the same as Barack Obama's. The key to Arizona's recovery is to not go on DuVal's Obama-style spending spree. We need honest and thoughtful reforms like the ones Doug Ducey, a successful businessman, has offered."
o Maricopa County Supervisor & Arizona Restaurant Association President Steve Chucri: “Fred DuVal has pledged to drain the rainy day fund to put more money into a flawed school funding system -- all while pledging to increase spending on things like a passenger rail line and all-day kindergarten. Whenever DuVal sees a problem, his solution is always to spend more. How, exactly, is he going to pay for all that? Arizona's hardworking taxpayers deserve more than an IOU."
o Jordan Rose, founder and president of Rose Law Group, Arizona’s largest woman-owned law firm: "Fred DuVal's budget math is laughable. On one hand, he wants to clean out our rainy day fund to put more money into a flawed school funding system. On the other, he's trying to win votes by throwing out big, expensive ideas like a passenger rail line, all-day kindergarten and student loan forgiveness – which is particularly rich considering he doubled tuition while on the Board of Regents. I'm all for big ideas, but they have to be grounded in fiscal reality. It's never been more clear to me that we need a governor with a solid background in business and financial management, which is why I'm supporting Doug Ducey."
· Call The White House (202) 456-1111 , and your Senators or Representatives. Let them know what you think about the job they are doing, how they are voting, your thoughts on the issues of the day.
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The West Valley AZGOP Victory Office Volunteer Meeting is tentatively scheduled for 10 am, Wed., Sept 24. They will discuss office questions/comments they have from ‘manning the desk.” Funding raising for office operations will also be discussed.
· The LD 4/Estrella Conservative Republican Club will meet at 6:30 pm, Sept 24 (4th Wed) at the Estrella Foothills High School, 13033 South Estrella Parkway, Goodyear, 85338 (please don't contact the school). Speaker: AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. Look for the banner directing you to the correct building on the campus. Contact LD 4 Chairman Fred Amator firstname.lastname@example.org 623-980-6007 or for The Estrella Conservative Republican Club contact Richard Newcomer email@example.com or 602-512-1340.
· The Alta Vista Forum will be held at 3 pm, Sept 24 at 916 Canterbury Lane, Prescott, AZ. Speaker: Prescott's City Council on city issues. Contact: Nettie Lamerson at (928) 277-4010.
· A Fundraising Luncheon for CD1 candidate Andy Toby, CD1 candidate Martha McSally, and CD9 candidate Wendy Rogers is planned Sept 24 at 52 Season, 2502 E Camelback, Phx. Featuring Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy. Tickets - $500 per person. Lunch plus a photo is $5,200 per person. RSVP: Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jessica at email@example.com.
· The Glendale Civic Pride Ambassadors Will Celebrate Its 20th Anniversary from 5-8 pm, Wed., Sept 24 at Haus Murphy’s Restaurant, 5735 W. Glendale Ave. “Retired Mayor Elaine Scruggs, founder of Glendale Civic Pride, will be our guest of honor.If you have a story to tell, or a memory to share, come to Haus Murphy’s next Wednesday evening. Complimentary refreshments will be served. Space is limited and reservations are encouraged. RSVP to 602-212- 6752. information on the2014 Musical Mystery Tour www.glendalecivicpride.org or Nancy Lenox 602-568- 6202 or firstname.lastname@example.org,
· The Scottsdale Leadership's Memorable All Political Party is scheduled at the home Of Jason & Jordan Rose. RSVP to email@example.com. by Wednesday, September 24.
· The Colorado River Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6 pm, Thurs., Sept 25 at the Community Christian Church, in Yuma, AZ. The Oct 2 mtg is scheduled at noon. The Oct 9 mtg is scheduled at 6 pm.
· Congressman Paul Gosar will host an Invasive Species Roundtable at 5:30 pm, Thur., Sept 25 at the Aquatic Center, 100 Park Ave., Lake Havasu City. Contact www.gosar.house.gov/ Or 928-445-1683.
Congressman David Schweikert will host a breakfast buffet at 8 am, Thurs., Sept 25 at the Chaparral Suites, 5001 N Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale AZ. Guests: Candidate For Arizona Attorney General candidate Mark Brnovich, Arizona Treasurer candidate Jeff DeWit, Arizona Senate candidate Rep John Kavanagh, Incumbent Rep Michelle Ugenti, LD23 candidate Jay Lawrence, Corporation Commission candidates Doug Little & Rep Tom Forese and Scottsdale Unified School District candidate Laddie Guy Shane. Please arrive promptly at 8 am. Program begins at 8:20 Co-Host $250. $50 to Attend. RSVP to: Allison at 480-628-2763 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Volunteers Are Needed from 10 am-noon, Thurs., Sept 25 at the AZGOP Victory Office, 10050 W Bell Road #26, SunCity, to help prepare literature for Saturday neighborhood walks. Come and go as your schedule permits. Contact Lisa Gray: 623-340-8173 or email@example.com
· Yavapai County Republicans Are Planning A ‘Meet & Greet’ for Congressman Paul Gosar between 3-4 pm, Sept 26 at YCRC Headquarters, 112B E. Union Street. The public is welcome share your questions and concerns with him while enjoying some coffee and cookies.
· Walk For CD3 Candidate Gabby Saucedo Mercer from 9 am-noon, Sat, Sept 27. Meet at 8:30 am at the Starpointe Residents Club, 17665 W. Elliot Rd Goodyear, AZ 85338 (W. Elliot, just west of S. Estrella Parkway). We will walk Desert Blossom, Westar and Estrella Foothills Precincts in Legislative District 4, Goodyear. The weather will be a lot cooler. Don't worry if you have never done this before, we will team you with someone who has. Contact Andrew Costanzo at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480 677-0697 to volunteer.
· Yuma Candidates And Volunteers Will Walk The Neighborhoods Of Somerton On Fri., Sept 26 And Sat., Sept 27 to ‘Get Out The Vote’. Contact Paul At 580-1697. for the meeting time and place. water will be provided. wear a hat and good walking shoes! Walking Somerton will again commence On Fri, Oct 3 And Sat., Oct 4.
· ATTN Guys: See Www.Swprostatecancer.Com for information on the upcoming 6th Annual Golf Classic & Free Prostate Screening scheduled Sept 27 at the Wigwam Golf Course in Litchfield Park.
The Sun City Grant Republican Interest Group will meet at 9 am, Sept 27 at 19781 N. Remington Dr., Chaparral Center - Hopi Room. Open to all Sun City Grand residents and their guests, elected officials and candidates. Contact: President Ginny Nyre email@example.com (623-544-7187) or Vice President Programs Ruth Seiter firstname.lastname@example.org (623-544-9309) or web at www.grandpop.com
· LD21 Neighborhood Walk : 8 – 11 am, Sept 27. Meet at the GOP Victory office, 10050 W. Bell Road, #26, Sun City at 8am to organize and head out. After the walk lunch will be provided by the candidates. Contact Lisa Gray: 623.340.8173 or email@example.com
The LD17 Chandler Walk For CD9 is scheduled between at 8:30-11 am, Sat., Sept 27 at Desert Breeze Park, 660 N Desert Breeze Blvd E., Chandler. When finished volunteers will have food and tour the new GOP Victory Office at Dobson/Chandler Blvd. Contact: Chairman Tyler Bowyer firstname.lastname@example.org
· Dinesh D'Souza Will Debate Jacob Hornberger And Andrei Cherny on The Proper Role of Government for America's Future at 7 pm, Sept 27 at the Gila Ridge High School Performing Arts Center , 2750 S. Pacific Avenue, Suite B in Yuma. Hosted by the Freedom Library Tickets: 726-3123 or www.yumashowtickets.com A photo opportunity and book signing will be available. dinesh-dsouza-jacob-hornberger-and-andrei-cherny-come-to-yuma-arizona
· A ‘Meet And Greet’ For Scottsdale City Council Candidates David Smith And Kathy Littlefield is scheduled from 2-5 pm, Sun., Sept 28 at the Phillip’s residentce, 7451 E Via Dona Rd., Scottsdale. RSVP email@example.com
· A LD6 Debate With Both Republican And Democrat Candidates is scheduled at 3 pm, Sept 28 at the Sedona Church of the Red Rocks, 54 Bowstring Dr., Sedona, AZ 86336 Contact: Andrea and Dwight Kadar at firstname.lastname@example.org or (281) 682-8743.
· September 29 Is The Deadline For Making The AzCDL Annual Meeting reservations for the Sat., Oct 11 meeting at the at the Sheraton Crescent Hotel in Phoenix. Details - website. $20 per person. Speakers: Reverend Kenn Blanchard, author of “Black Man with a Gun”, Rep John Kavanagh and author and firearm expert Alan Korwin. Entertainment - Cartridge Family Band. All luncheon attendees eligible for door prize drawings include three (3) Ruger LCP pistols. All this for a mere $20. Contact Fred (email@example.com)
· The Phoenix Chapter Of Executive Women International Invites You To Participate In Its 2014 Annual Fundraiser Between 1-3 Pm, Sat., Sept 29 At The Desert Hills Bowling Ctr., 2959 E. Bell Rd, Phx. Silent Auction. 50/50 Raffle. Reservations 623-512-4707.
· The Monthly Meeting Of The Yuma County Republicans has been moved to Tues, Sept 30, according to Secretary Lorna Brooks. 928-317-9120 firstname.lastname@example.org
LD17 will meet Sept 30 (last Tues of month) at 7 pm in the Tri-City Baptist Christian Seminary Bldg., (South Side of Parking Lot), 2211 W. Germann Road, Chandler, AZ 85286. Speaker: Former Sen Johnathan Paton, chairman of Yes on Prop 122 Committee. The November meeting has been moved to Nov 18 due to Thanksgiving. No December meeting. contact LD17 Chairman Tyler Bowyer at email@example.com
· LD23 Reminder: The Deadline For Getting Your Intent To Run Forms turned in is September 30, 5 pm This form is for those who want to run for a Board position and also for those who want to run for State Committeeman. Or both. contact Nancy Ordowski firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-203-5278.
· The Sun City West Republican Club Victory Picnic is scheduled from 11 am to 3 pm, Oct 1 in Beardsley Park, Sun City West. The well-known West Valley GOP picnic, started over a decade ago by long-time GOP activist Jan Martinson, honors all Republican candidates primary election winners. Lunch will be catered by Texas Road House at a cost of $10 per person, including drinks and dessert. Raffle tickets and door prizes. All winning candidates will be given five minutes to speak. Open to the public. Republicans welcome. Contacts: Darlene Duke 623-640-43, or Jan Martinson 623-546-3753.
· A Fundraiser Dinner For CD3 Candidate Gabby Saucedo-Mercer is scheduled at 6 pm, Oct 1 at the American Legion Post #19, 2575 S. Virginia Ave.. Yuma. $30 per person. Co-Hosts: LD13 Sen. Don Shooter and LD13 Reps Steve Montenegro and Darin Mitchell. All beverages must be purchased at the bar. RSVP/Contact : Paul Jackson 928-580-1697.
· ACORN Whistleblower Anita MonCrief will join the Arizona chapter of Americans for Prosperity Oct 1 in Tempe and Oct 2 in Tucson to address ‘Lessons from the Left.’
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally: I’ve been looking at the numbers – and we’re behind. Our campaign has 7 days to make budget for our biggest and final FEC quarterly deadline before Election Day.
We need each of our supporters like you to chip in $50, $25 or even $10 to help us reach our online goal of $35,000. Every dollar you pitch in goes to fighting back against Ron Barber and his political allies who are spending millions to run vile and base ads about Martha. Can you help us today? We don’t have much time before September 30th.I need you to help us close the $500,000 gap and reach our online goal or we won’t have the resources we need to win on Election Day. Don’t wait - chip in today:
· Secretary Of State Candidate Michele Reagan: Can you imagine allowing the Democrats to have control of the voter registration lists? Us either! So please help Michele get elected. She needs volunteers and she needs to replenish her campaign account. She is well qualified to do a great job! Please attend this event, enjoy some of the best munchies in the valley and make sure Michele has your support! Details here: Reagan for Secretary of State or at new web site LD23 Republican Committee on our Events tab. While you are there, look around this new site and go back often as new information is added for us
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally: After taking heat for its "vile" and false ad against Martha McSally, the Americans for Responsible Solutions PAC announced today it is removing the ad from TV. The ad erroneously asserted that McSally opposes making it harder for convicted stalkers to obtain a gun. In addition, the ad came under fire over the weekend from the Arizona Republic Editorial Board, which said the ad, "exploits a family's tragedy to score cheap political points.” Ron Barber's political allies never asked Martha's stance on the "stalking gap" before running their disgraceful and false ad, and Martha's position has never changed on the issue," said McSally Campaign Spokesman Patrick Ptak. "Martha has been a victim of stalking and knows what it's like first-hand to suffer through that fear. Understandably, her experiences guide her thoughts, and she has always held that convicted stalkers should be prohibited from obtaining firearms in all cases. Instead of looking to distort the truth to score cheap political points, Ron Barber's political allies should have done their homework first, and it's a shame that Congressman Barber himself did not have the courage to denounce these vile tactics." After the ad's release, the McSally for Congress Campaign immediately demanded the ad be taken down from the air waves, citing its intentional distortion of facts intended to mislead and deceive the voters of Southern Arizona. In addition, Martha herself called on Congressman Barber to denounce the ad, saying, "for an outside group to tie me to the tragic occurrence of a stalker killing his victim, is not only personally offensive, it's degrading to all women and victims who have experienced this pain." She added, Rep. Barber needs to, "show that the integrity of women is more important than political gain," though he remained silent.
· Disrespect Of Military: Obama-Give-Marines-Latte-Salute-As He Gets-Off Plane
· 15 GOP Gov’s To Obama: Climate rule breaks the law By Laura Barron-Lopez
· Poll-Shows-Brnovich-Ducey-Ahead Tom Horne: Don't Cry For Me, AZ Democrats
· Arizona-Sheriff-Calls-For-Us-Troops-On-Rio-Grande 'We Can Protect Korean Border But Not Our Own?'
· Obama's Backwards Ideology Is A Working Man's Worst Nightmare It’s Become A Deviously Effective Form Of Mind Control
· What The Republicans Are Doing To The Tea Party Could Blow Up In Their Faces ...Instead Of Working With The Tea Party, The Elites Who Run The GOP From D.C. Have...
· Unbelievable: Obama Just Did Something That Could Endanger Over 250 M Americans Only In Obama’s White House Would Such Foolishness Be Contemplated, Much Less Ordered.
ARIZONA FREEDOM ALLIANCE
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2NoBorder News Watch
JUDGE ANDREW NAPOLITANO
JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO
· Judge-Jeanines-Bottom-Line-ISIS-Serious-Threat-U-S-Ever-Faced Judge Jeanine Has A Strategy For Defeating ISIS And It Would Be Wise For The White House To Listen
GOV RICK PERRY
DR. BEN CARSON
· The-Hillary-Letters Hillary Clinton, Saul Alinsky Correspondence Revealed
· Lois-Lerner-Says-She-Isnt-A-Political-Person IRS Official Who Called Conseratives A**Holes Says She "Isn't A Political Person," Plays Victim In New Interview
WAR ON WOMEN
· Tell-EPA-NO In Arizona Petitioning The EPA
DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
SECRETARY OF STATE
· John-Kerry-Blames-Mass-Jihad-Murders-On-Climate-Change Lack Of Water
· France-Threatened-Coalition-Civilians Islamic State Group Calls For Attacking Civilians
· ISIS-Spokesman-Supporters-Kill-Europeans-Americans-Canadians-Way-Possible The ISIS Manifesto