- ► August (16)
- ► July (33)
- ► June (24)
- ► May (26)
- ► April (29)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (28)
- ► December (20)
- ► November (25)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (30)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ▼ September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
September 27, 2014
· MCRC Chairman A. J. LaFaro: According to The Hill, “I’m doing all the things necessary to do so,” McCain says of a reelection bid. mccain-gets-ready-for-race-of-his-life As part of the things necessary, John McCain, Jon Kyl and their operatives are continuing their attempts to purge the Arizona Republican Party of its grassroots activists and mainstream members. The battle lines are being drawn for one of the bloodiest political civil wars Arizona has ever witnessed. The main stream members of the Arizona Republican Party who support the Republican Party Platform, and the Constitutions of the United States and Arizona Versus The left of center Republicans who believe in higher taxes, bigger government, crony capitalism, amnesty for illegal aliens, same sex marriage, abortion and never ending war around the globe. Gee - sounds a lot like the progressive socialists that are trying to destroy our Republic. The war will ultimately be won or lost on a Fall day in 2016 - not with bullets but with ballots. As Ronald Reagan once said "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid". I'm not afraid of John McCain, Jon Kyl, Jeff Flake and their co-conspirators . How about you? -- MCRC Chairman A. J. LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
· Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery: In response to the letter in the AZ Republic today: county-attorney-disappoints-muslim-leaders There are a couple of important points to make. First, I am open to maintaining a dialogue with the listed individuals in the letter for the betterment of our entire community. But it will be extremely difficult if accurate information is ignored and premises based on false information are adhered to without reflection. I never received a request to attend the UTT training I sponsored from anyone listed or their specific groups. A couple of individuals asked if they could attend but it was not on behalf of any person listed in the letter or their group. Unfortunately, it was sold out. Next, repeating the quote about Muslims and their 1st Amendment Rights won't make a false statement true no matter how many times it is written. I told this group that statement has never been made after researching for an actual public statement, asking the presenter himself (who has not been shy about other statements deemed controversial) and I've even written that the training included one speaker actually stating "We would give our life for Muslims' right to practice their faith." No reporters were "forcibly removed" from the training. Given the nonsense in the run up to the training, media were not permitted to enter or stay on site so no sworn officer could be video-taped and later harassed. As for the "support" from local groups and individuals, it was based on false information provided by CAIR and the ACLU. I've responded to their self-serving nonsense. I've already received an apology due to the misleading nature of the letter. With respect to law enforcement participation, I'll just say that we had a full house and present were a number of folks from all over the Valley. The cheap shots against Dr. Zuhdi Jasser (https://www.facebook.com/mzjasser) only go to make the point I've raised - there are differing points of view within the Muslim community. I commend Dr. Jasser's book, Battle for the Soul of Islam (http://tinyurl.com/lbmxkks), for a better understanding. Finally, the current head of CAIR, Nihad Awad, is specifically discussed during Congressional testimony by then FBI Director Mueller at pages 54-55. When CAIR can own up to their own documented history, it will be easier to move forward: judiciary.house.gov/_files/hearings/
· Congressman Matt Salmon: A shipment of Congressman Matt Salmon’s yard signs have arrived. Click here to have one delivered to you, or email Cesar at email@example.com. Many of you have also asked for bumper stickers - be sure to request those too so we can get them to you quickly.I'm honored to be running for re-election as your Congressman, and I continue to be humbled and thankful for all the support and encouragement.
· The Maricopa County Republican Executive Guidance Committee will meet at 7 pm, Thurs., Oct 2 at the AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 North 24th St., Phoenix, AZ 85016. All possible guests will be required to sign in; only registered Republicans with valid photo ID will be admitted. No news media, audio and/or video recording will be allowed. Agenda items include theCD3 Target Team Update by Andrew Costanzo, the CD9 Target Team Update by Tyler Bowyer, the Jan 10, 2014 MCRC Statutory meeting. The November meeting is scheduled Thurs., Nov 6. Contact: Chairman A.J. LaFaro 480-752-9164 firstname.lastname@example.org
· A Fundraiser For Secretary Of State Candidate Sen Michele Reagan will be held at 5:30 pm, Tues., Oct 7 at the home of Maria & Dr. Mark Syms, 6032 E Lincoln Drive, Paradise Valley AZ. Host committee consists of Ben Quayle Barbara Leff, Jini Simpson, Kate Brophy McGee, Bill Montgomery, Vickie & Vernon Vaughn, Jay Heiler, Lee Miller , Katie & Jerry Cobb and Lori Urban. Parking on 60th and 61st off Lincoln Dr. RSVP to Wendy@KyleMoyer.com All contributions are welcome.
· October 6 Is The Last Day To Register to vote in the Nov 4 general election. Register online here. Early ballots will be mailed on October 9.
· A Meet And Greet Was Held For Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey, along with Congressman Paul Gosar, Secretary of State Ken Bennett during the opening of the Prescott Victory office in the Yavapai County Republican Headquarters, 112B E Union St., in Prescott. (928) 776-4500 or email email@example.com
· This Morning AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham reacted to an interview conducted by journalist Dennis Welch of AZFamily.com (3TV) in which Democrat gubernatorial candidate and career lobbyist Fred DuVal admitted his lobbying career might not be the best preparation for running for governor of Arizona. Video here. “As voters are starting to ask more about DuVal’s lifetime of influence peddling behind closed doors, DuVal is now clearly trying to flush away his entire lobbying career and hope that somehow that lands him in the governor’s chair,” said Graham. “Voters can see right through his campaign's head-fake and are going to see businessman Doug Ducey as the best choice for governor of Arizona.” See background at azgop.org/blog/
· Political Consultant Constantin Querard: “I can only assume they think we're idiots... Below is an actual email received from the NRCC ‘signed’ by Rep. Paul Ryan, the guy in charge of the federal budget for the GOP and our most recent Vice-Presidential nominee. According to Ryan, if I give the NRCC money right now, the NRCC will Triple it for me, so it is critical that I make my triple-matched contribution right now! Okay sir, you're the money guy, so explain to me how the NRCC will triple my contribution? ...If I give $100 to the NRCC, will the NRCC give $200 more to the NRCC, effectively tripling my contribution? While I can't wait to see how they report that on the FEC reports, is there any place outside of Washington D.C. where anyone would consider that a "tripling" of my contribution? I can hear the pitch now as Ryan's next balanced budget proposal... "For every dollar in taxes collected, the federal government will TRIPLE your payment, effectively tripling the money received at tax time. In this way, we'll pay off our deficits in no time at all!" They think we're idiots...
· Last Wednesday Morning Congressman Paul Gosar had a great breakfast with the Southern Arizona Home Builders Association, discussing excessive regulations, EPA overreach and national security. Home building in Arizona continues to be one of the most important industries driving our economy. Later in the day, he toured the Yuma Boys and Girls Club and recognized his Easter Card Contest Winner Aiden Jensen. Thursday he toured ACHIEVE's corporate headquarters in Yuma. ACHIEVE is an Ability One Program designed to assist individuals with disabilities with getting employment. To learn more about ACHIEVE and their services click HERE.
· Radio Talk Show Host Clair Van Steenwyk: “McCain is cleansing the AZ GOP -- the last Primary proves it, as most of those he supported by using others to endorse won their races and will probably win the General. Not bad for someone who has been Censored by the Entire State GOP & Maricopa County LD's -- however there is hope we'll find someone to replace him in 2016 -- that is if all who speak out against him will…” See mccain-trying-to-ethnically-cleanse-the-party
· Kurt Davis, Former/Youngest AZGOP Executive Director And Current AZ Game & Fish Dept Commissioner: From the "Thank a Hunter & Fisherman today" file. Its National Hunting & Fishing Day & they pay for our nation's wildlife conservation efforts.This is a very important concept for our nation's citizens who do not hunt and fish to understand. ALL wildlife conservation, whether it is big game animals or our little creatures or for endangered species restoration occurs because hunters and fisherman buy equipment with an extra tax and licenses, tags, etc. to fund conservation. Conservation occurs because of these men and women's willingness to pay the price and honor the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation in the field. Our nation is the most successful country in the world in conservation of species and the management of wildlife -- not because of the Federal Government and Smokey the Bear; but because sportsmen fund the Game and Fish agencies in their states who have legal authority over conservation in their respective states. The 50 states that comprise this nation spend more than 8 times what the federal government does in managing wildlife and are truly on the front lines of species management. So, take the time today to tell a sportsman "thank you" for making sure that our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren will have the opportunity to hear, see and enjoy God's creatures in the wild. Happy National Hunting and Fishing Day!
· The New AZ GOP Campaign Office In Oro Valley is now open at 1171 N Rancho Vistoso Blvd, Ste 103 (next to bank) in the Mountain View Plaza. The office is open from 11am-7pm, Monday through Friday and 10am-4pm on Saturday. Campaign material including yard signs and bumper stickers is available for pick. Contact Office Manager Lynne St Angelo 605-321-6224 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Congressman Paul Gosar: On Monday I toured the Arizona/Mexico border near Arivaca to see and hear first hand about the challenges faced by the ranchers and citizens living in the region. The local ranchers showed me the trails commonly used by illegals for trafficking and drug smuggling. It's pretty obvious that there is poor border security.Need another reason to secure the border? Illegal immigration and drug smuggling is bad for the environment. The Tucson Border Patrol reports that the average illegal border crosser leaves an average of 8 pounds of garbage on our land and in our forests. That's nearly 60 million pounds of trash every year. I saw a bunch of this litter firsthand during my border tour. Nineteen pairs of "carpet shoes" that have been left on one rancher's private property. Illegal immigrants smuggling drugs and people use these shoes to cover their tracks.For almost 25 miles, barbed wire fence is the only thing keeping threats such as ISIS out of America. Our top priority MUST be to secure the border and enforce the immigration laws on the books. No matter what political games are played by those advocating for amnesty, I will stand against the status quo and fight to protect our border and sovereignty.
· LD22 Has Created A Committee to help write potential legislation for the upcoming legislation session. Send ideas to LD22 First Vice Chair Tom Platt email@example.com
· Scroll down to the Calendar of Events for daily listing of Republican and Conservative Activities.
· The Pima County GOP Phone Banking (in support of the AZGOP Get-Out-The-Vote Effort) is conducted from the Pima GOP HQ from 10am-5 pm, Mon; 10 am-8 pm on Tues, 10 am-8 pm on Thur; 10 am-8 pm, Fri; 11 am-8 pm, Sat., and 11 am-5 pm, Sun. Please call the Pima GOP office at (321-1492) or John Lesko at (647-1951) to let them know you are coming in so they can appropriately plan staffing and refreshments for each day. Contact John.firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 647-1951.
· Help All Republican Candidates At The AZGOP Chandler Call Center, 1600 W Chandler Blvd., Suite 150, Chandler from noon until 8pm, Mon-Fri and from 10am-6 pm, Saturdays. Uncover parking. Contact: Steven Lee 714-349-0253 email@example.com
· AZGOP Victory Offices Where You Can Pick Up Signs, Literature, Etc.
o AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N 24th St., Phoenix.
o East Valley, 1600 W Chandler Blvd., Suite 150, Chandler
o Flagstaff Office, 2625 S Woodlands Village Blvd., Flagstaff.
o Oro Valley, 1171 N Rancho Vistoso Blvd, #103. 605-321-6224
o Payson, 719 S Beeline Rd., Payson
o Pinal County Office, 410 N Marshall, Casa Grande.
o Prescott , 112 Union St., Prescott
o Sun City Office, 10050 W Bell Rd., Ste. 26, Sun City
o Tucson Office, 1740 E Fort Lowell, Ste. 120, Tucson
o Tucson Office, 5447 E 5th St., Tucson.
· The Arizona Republican Party Needs Volunteers To Staff Offices five days a week throughout the state. Volunteers needed for:
o Data entry
o Neighborhood walks on Oct. 11th
o Phone call banks
o Social media voices
· Destroying Political Signs is a Class 2 Misdemeanor (ARS 16-1019 –political signs http://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/01019.htm ) if caught and prosecuted. If you see someone destroying or messing with Republican political signs for candidates in the General Election in Maricopa County, please photograph them and take the photos to the victims or send them to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· Former CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten: Open Letter To President Barack Obama And Secretary Of Defense, Chuck Hagel See President Obama, Hagel You Should Not Have To Be Reminded Of Your Responsibilities
· CD1 Candidate Andy Tobin: The Glen Canyon Dam is an excellent example of how the foresight and planning by our predecessors allows us all to enjoy the beautiful scenery and opportunities here in Arizona. From the water storage and electrical generation, to the economic impact of the millions of visitors to Lake Powell, this Dam is a model of federal agencies working cooperatively with the states to create projects that continue to sustain residents throughout the southwest. We have heard the history and impact the Glen Canyon Dam has had on the entire western region. I would like to tell you about the significant contribution the Dam has made to Arizona. The Dam serves as a critical component of the Colorado River management. The Dam stores water for use by the lower basin states, including California, Arizona, and Nevada as well as Mexico. It provides essential flood control for the state of Arizona. Lake Powell has the capacity to store 24 million acre-feet of water for the benefit of the more than 30 million people who depend on Colorado River water. Before this Dam was constructed, Lake Mead and the Hoover Dam were insufficient to manage the floods and droughts in the state. Arizona, along with the other Lower Basin states, experienced at times large fluctuations in the delivery of their full allocation of Colorado River water. Flooding occurred in plentiful years, and scarcity followed in subsequent years. The impact of the water stored in the Lake Powell Reservoir cannot be overstated. It is a crucial part of the overall management of the Colorado River water supply, especially in a time of drought like the entire West has been experiencing for more than a decade. The Dam also provides electricity. Salt River Project, one of Arizona’s major utilities, receives 100 Megawatts of that energy, which is a small, but a noteworthy addition to their energy portfolio. Hydropower is the most efficient way to produce power, generating energy at twice the efficiency of other methods, and it is non-fossil fuel, renewable electricity.
· CD1 Candidate Andy Tobin: The energy produced at Glen Canyon Dam offsets nearly 4.9 billion pounds of carbon annually. Hydropower is the largest source of renewable power in the country, and as we continue to look for sources of clean and renewable power, sources like Glen Canyon Dam remain vital to the overall energy mix in this country. Water and electricity benefits are obviously significant for the State of Arizona and the southwest as a whole, but they are not the only benefits of the Dam. Another major benefit is the tourism the Glen Canyon Recreation Area brings to the region. With more than 1,900 miles of shoreline, Lake Powell has more shoreline than the entire Western Coast of the United States. Lake Powell receives nearly 2 million visitors each year, bringing revenue into the state of Arizona through the City of Page. The City was initially intended to just be a temporary community to house workers during construction of the Dam, but it continued to grow and thrive after the construction was finished. The City of Page was officially incorporated in 1975, and has served as the “gateway” to Lake Powell and the Glen Canyon Recreation Area for decades. Tourism to Glen Canyon Recreation Area provides valuable jobs to the citizens of the region, including residents of the Navajo Nation. The economic benefit to Arizona is sizable. You can see that while there is much to be celebrated by the entire southwest, Glen Canyon Dam holds a special significance here in Arizona. It is a source of water, power and revenue. So, it is with great pleasure, and appreciation that I wish Glen Canyon Dam a very happy 50th anniversary.
· Secretary Of State Candidate Michele Reagan: It’s interesting to note my opponent, who has been critical of every election bill I’ve introduced, has released a dark money elimination plan that has a strikingly similar foundation to the very legislation I introduced this year – SB1403. Terry Goddard’s plan to expand disclosure of “major funders” and “doing business” in Arizona as a non-profit corporation were included in SB1403, which received unanimous support in the Senate Elections Committee that I chaired. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I appreciate the acknowledgement from Terry. Unfortunately, those are where the similarities end. Terry is just another liberal candidate trying to dupe the public by promising things he cannot deliver. His “bright line trigger” mandates any ad “mentioning any person” appearing on the ballot, will be subject to disclosure and registration requirements. The U.S. Supreme Court in Wisconsin's Right to Life ruled a blanket disclosure requirement for mentioning a candidate is unconstitutional. He is simply wrong. However, the most alarming provision is the “random” auditing of 10 – 20% of non-profit corporations participating in express advocacy by the Department of Revenue. As Terry always believes, bigger government and higher taxes can fix anything. Additional government bureaucracy is rarely the solution. He claims mandatory government interference in the business dealings of non-profit corporations will help stop the flow of dark money. And this is based on the far-fetched belief the Department of Revenue will remain completely non-partisan, despite which gubernatorial administration is overseeing it. The IRS was thought to be the most impartial of all agencies until it was revealed they were targeting conservative groups seeking to attain non-profit status. Terry wants to do the same in Arizona. We cannot allow Terry to repeat the discriminatory practices of the IRS in Arizona. Terry's plan attempts to consolidate power in the Secretary of State’s office so he can play judge, jury and executioner with every entity that becomes involved in Arizona elections. Instead of seeking massive expansion of regulation and government overreach, I will focus on realistic laws for all corporate political spending.Next week, I will release a comprehensive plan on how my administration will fix the challenges facing the Secretary of State’s office. It will center on streamlining processes and making the office run more efficiently. It will be substantive and address multiple issues that need reform, not just a politically expedient one.
· Attorney General Candidate Mark Brnovich: We just launched our first television ad of the general election, "Experienced Prosecutor, No Politics." You will start seeing this ad on television beginning on Monday, but because I value your efforts, I wanted to be sure you got a sneak peek of the ad early. Thank You. It is because so many of you have donated to my campaign and worked so hard to spread the word about my candidacy that this ad is possible. Within the past week, we have been able to fund this new television ad and we released a new radio ad. Your contributions are helping this campaign keep the momentum we’ve worked so hard to build. However, my opponent still has a cash advantage and has recently begun to attack my character -- both in-person and shortly on the airwaves. I have pledged to campaign on a positive message and what my priorities will be as Attorney General. I will not resort to the same tactics as my opponent. My opponent knows I am leading in the polls and she is desperate. But I need your help.Can you donate today to help us keep this ad on the air?I know I am the most qualified candidate running for Attorney General. I am the only candidate who has served as a local, state and federal prosecutor and my pledge to you is that I will return the Office of the Attorney General to its core mission: to do justice, no politics. view new TV ad and donate to keep it on the air!
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey will host an ice cream social between1:20-2:30 pm, Sun., Sept 28 at Ducey headquarters, 4455 E Camelback Rd., #E250, Phx. Have some Cold Stone Creamery ice cream, and sign up to volunteer on the campaign! This event is FREE and open to the public.RSVP by Fri, Sept 26. To RSVP or for questions, please contact Dylan Lefler at 602-842-2014 or email@example.com or RSVP to Cylee Gutting at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-842-2014.
· A ‘Meet And Greet’ For Scottsdale City Council Candidates David Smith And Kathy Littlefield is scheduled from 2-5 pm, Sun., Sept 28 at the Phillip’s residentce, 7451 E Via Dona Rd., Scottsdale. RSVP email@example.com
· A LD6 Debate With Both Republican And Democrat Candidates is scheduled at 3 pm, Sept 28 at the Sedona Church of the Red Rocks, 54 Bowstring Dr., Sedona, AZ 86336 Contact: Andrea and Dwight Kadar at firstname.lastname@example.org or (281) 682-8743.
· Sept 29 Is The Deadline For Making The AzCDL Annual Meeting reservations for the Sat., Oct 11 meeting at the at the Sheraton Crescent Hotel in Phoenix. Details - website. $20 per person. Speakers: Reverend Kenn Blanchard, author of “Black Man with a Gun”, Rep John Kavanagh and author and firearm expert Alan Korwin. Entertainment - Cartridge Family Band. All luncheon attendees eligible for door prize drawings include three (3) Ruger LCP pistols. All this for a mere $20. Contact Fred (email@example.com)
· A CD1 Meet & Greet For Candidate Andy Tobin is scheduled from 3:30-5pm, Sept 29 at the Sun City/Oro Valley Activity Ctr, Navajo Rm, 1495 E Rancho Vistoso Blvd, Oro Valley , Beverages/cookies to be served. Tobin will speak and answer questions. Contact: Merritt McGlothlin 520 572-7853.
· Mike Hicks and Debe Campos-Fleenor will participate in the Tucson Unified School Districts Candidate’s Forum at 6:3 pm, Mon., Sept 29 at the Palo Verde High School, Auditorium, 1302 S Avenida Vega.
· The Phoenix Chapter Of Executive Women International Invites You To Participate In Its 2014 Annual Fundraiser Between 1-3 Pm, Sat., Sept 29 At The Desert Hills Bowling Ctr., 2959 E. Bell Rd, Phx. Silent Auction. 50/50 Raffle. Reservations 623-512-4707.
The Yuma County Republicans meeting has been moved to Tues, Sept 30, according to Secretary Lorna Brooks. 928-317-9120 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Arizona Project Will Meet At 6:30 Pm, Mon, Sept 29 at 3375 E. Shea Blvd., Phx. to watch "911 Ripple Effect" . Radio talk show host Tony Tangelos will give an update on the October Prepperfest. AP reports Michael Jeanes runs a “very professional court system’ and is asking for support in re-electing him for Clerk of the Maricopa County Superior Court position. Contact: Chairman Ron Ludders 602-677-1496.
LD17 will meet Sept 30 (last Tues of month) at 7 pm in the Tri-City Baptist Christian Seminary Bldg., (South Side of Parking Lot), 2211 W. Germann Road, Chandler, AZ 85286. Speaker: Former Sen Johnathan Paton, chairman of Yes on Prop 122 Committee. The November meeting has been moved to Nov 18 due to Thanksgiving. No December meeting. contact LD17 Chairman Tyler Bowyer at email@example.com
A “Meet & Greet” For Congressman Paul Gosar is scheduled at noon, Tues., Sept 30 at the Chaparral Ice Cream Shop, 45 North Tegner St., Wickenburg, AZ 85390. RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Pima County Republican Club Luncheon will start at 11:30 am, Tues., Sept 30 at the Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd – Lunch $11. Election Integrity Comnmissioner Bill Beard will address the group.
A Reception For CD1 Candidate Andy Tobin is planned at 6 pm, Tues., Sept 30 at the Pisik Residence, 4901 N Avenida de Castilla, Tucson 85718. Contact Michelle Hyde for info/RSVP: 602 633-2777 or email@example.com
· The Yuma County Republicans will meet at 7 pm, Tues, Sept 30 at Booth Machinery. Speaker: AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. . Contact: YCR Secretary Lorna Brooks, 10am-2 pm, Tues-Thur. 928-317-9120 firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD23 Reminder: The Deadline For Getting Your Intent To Run Forms turned in is September 30, 5 pm This form is for those who want to run for a Board position and also for those who want to run for State Committeeman. Or both. contact Nancy Ordowski email@example.com or 480-203-5278.
· The Sun City West Republican Club Victory Picnic is scheduled from 11 am to 3 pm, Oct 1 in Beardsley Park, Sun City West. The well-known West Valley GOP picnic, started over a decade ago by long-time GOP activist Jan Martinson, honors all Republican candidates primary election winners. Confirmed candidates planning to attend are Joe Hobbs - LD19 Senate , CD8 incumbent Congressman Trent Franks, Clint Hickman - Board of Supervisors , Jeff DeWit-Treasurer, Diane Douglas--Supt of Public Instruction, Joe Hart – Mining Spector; Phil Lovas and David Livingston –LD22 House, Judy Burges - LD22 Senator, Debbie Lesko – LD21 Senate, Rick Gray and Tony Rivero – LD21 House, Arizona Corp Comm - Doug Little. Lunch will be catered by Texas Road House at a cost of $10 per person, including drinks and dessert. Raffle tickets and door prizes. All winning candidates will be given five minutes to speak. Open to the public. Republicans welcome. Contacts: Darlene Duke 623-640-43, or Jan Martinson JLMart15102@aol.com 623-546-3753.
· A Pima GOP Unity Rally is scheduled from 5:30-8:30 pm, Oct 1 at the Udall Park Amphitheater. Bring along a chair or blanket for seating and join the fun!
· Phone Banking FOR Doug Ducey is scheduled from 5-8 pm, Wed., Oct 1 at the GOP Victory office at 10050 W. Bell Road, #26, Sun City. Come and go as your schedule permits. Food provided. Contact Chris Herring 510-861-9600 or ChrisHerringaz@yahoo.com
· LD18 House Candidate Jill Norgaard For ‘Pizza & Politics’ between 6:30-8: pm, Wed., Oct 1 at the Native New Yorker, 5030 E Ray Road., Ahwatukee. Co-hosts Phil/Carlene Wehril and Rod/Kim Ticknor. RSPV www.jillnorgaard2014.com/
· A Fundraiser Dinner For CD3 Candidate Gabby Saucedo-Mercer is scheduled at 6 pm, Oct 1 at the American Legion Post #19, 2575 S. Virginia Ave.. Yuma. $30 per person. Co-Hosts: LD13 Sen. Don Shooter and LD13 Reps Steve Montenegro and Darin Mitchell. All beverages must be purchased at the bar. RSVP/Contact : Paul Jackson 928-580-1697.
· ACORN Whistleblower Anita MonCrief will join the Arizona chapter of Americans for Prosperity Oct 1 in Tempe and Oct 2 in Tucson to address ‘Lessons from the Left.’
· The Mesa Republican Women Meeting location has changed for three months because heavy rained collapsed the roof at their former meeting site. The group will meet at 11:30 am., Oct 2 at the Stonebridge Manor, 4000 E Palm St, Mesa AZ 85215 (east of Val Vista and just north of McDowell Road). RSVP Required. Contact: President Sherry Pierce firstname.lastname@example.org or (480) 615-0524.
· Volunteers Are Needed From 10 Am-Noon, Thurs., Oct 2 at the GOP Victory office, 1005 W Bell Road, #26, Sun City, to help prepare literature for the Oct 4 LD21 Neighborhood Walk. Contact Lisa Gray: 623-340-8173 email@example.com
· The Central Republican Women of Phoenix will meet with representatives from Arizona GOP at 6:15 pm, Oct 2 at the Hilton Garden Inn, 4000 N. Central Ave., Phx. Social – 5:30 pm. Dinner/mtg 6:15. $22 per person including dinner. Reservations required by Sun., Sept 29. RSVP Tina Shaw firstname.lastname@example.org , 623-934-9730.
· The Brown Bag Lunch Series continues with Clerk Of The Superior Court Toni Hellon at noon, Thur., Oct 2 at Green Valley Republican Headquarters, Green Valley Village, Suite 70, 101 S. La Canada, Green Valley
· The Quail Creek Republican Club "Meet Your Candidate & Politician Kegger” will open at 5 pm, Thur., Oct 2 at the Madera Clubhouse Bar, 2055 E Quail Crossing, Green Valley. Free beer/non-alcoholic beer & snacks; Cash Bar.
· Preview' The Joe Show' There will be several showings of “The Joe Show” during the week of Oct 3 at the Harkins Arrowhead Fountains 18 Theater, 16046 N. Arrowhead Fountains Ctr. Dr., Peoria, AZ 85382 (just off the 101 at Bell Road in Peoria) . For showing times call The Harkins at 623-412-0122. “The Joe Show” is a film about how Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and his rise to fame as the “Toughest Sheriff in America.” Ten years in the making, Randy Murray Productions condensed 200 hours of filming down to a little over an hour and a half for the final product. Included in the film is the investigation of President Obama’s birthday certificate at the request of the Surprise Tea Party.
· Congressman Paul Gosar Will Hold A Meet & Greet from 5-6 pm, Fri., Oct 3 at The Olive Mill, 25062 South Meridian Road., Queen Creek, AZ 86142. RSVP to: email@example.com
· An Evening with Dennis Michael Lynch at 7 pm, Sat., Oct 4 at the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts, Virginia Piper Theater, 7380 N. Second St., Scottsdale. Contact: RSVP: http://dennismichaellynch.eventbite.com or call Jim O’Connor at 602-538-9387 for tickets.
· The Oct 4 LD21 Neighborhood Walk is scheduled between 8-11 am, starting at the GOP Victory office at 10050 W. Bell Road, #26, Sun City . After the walk we'll have lunch together which will be provided by our candidates. Contact Lisa Gray: 623-340-8173 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Paradise Republican Women’s Club has free tickets to distribute to the 7 pm, Oct 4 Dennis Michael Lynch who scheduled at the Scottsdale Center for the Arts, 7380 N 2nd St., Scottsdale. Call Joan Parker 480-502-6885 for tickets. Tickets made possible by PRWC Member Liz Alcorn and the sponsor she secured.
· Walk With LD18 House Candidate Jill Norgaard:
o Sat., Oct 4 - Specifics to be announced.
Sat., Oct 11 - Specifics to be announced.
o Fri., Oct 17 – 6-8 pm, Voting and Boating at the home of Captain Ted and Laura. Light refreshments will be served.
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8:30 am, Sat., Oct 4 at the SCW Foundations Bldg (Quail Rm), 14465 R H Johnson Blvd, Sun City West, AZ. Coffee/donuts at 8 am, $2 donations to cover costs. Speaker: Congressman Trent Franks, who serves on the Armed Services and the Judiciary Committees and is and Chairman of the Missile Defense Caucus and Congressional Electromagnetic Pulse Caucus. Franks will take questions from floor after his presentation.
· The Surprise Tea Party Has A Limited Number Of Free Tickets for
An Evening with Dennis Michael Lynch at 7 pm, Sat., Oct 4 at the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts, Virginia Piper Theater, 7380 N. Second St., Scottsdale. Contact: Bernard Paluch BPaluch777@aol.com or 623-466-8370.
· Congressman Ted Cruz Will Address The Family Research Council Dinner at 6:30 pm, Sat., Oct 4 at the Westin la Paloma Resort, 3800 E Sunrise Drive in Tucson. Private reception with Cruz and Tony Perkis for sponsors and table hosts at 5 pm. Dinner - $100 per person. $1,000 for host table of 10. Seating limited. RSVP by Oct1 to events staff at 1-800-225-4008 or email@example.com
· The Colorado River Tea Party Candidate Forum is scheduled from 1-4 pm, Sat., Oct 4 at Arizona Western College which will be broadcast live on KCYK , Outlaw Country, 1400 on the radio dial. All candidates will be invited.
· A Stand with Israel Rally is scheduled by ‘Concerned Women for America (CWA) and former Gov Mike Huckabee from 2-4 pm, Oct 5 in Washington DC. www.cwalac.org
· The Lincoln Republican Women will meet at a new location for the Mon., Oct 6 meeting. They will meet at the DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Paradise Valley-Scottsdale, 5401 N Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale AZ, (between Chaparral and Jackrabbit Rd. East side of the street). $28 per person. Spouses Invited. 5:30 pm Meet and Greet. 6 pm Meeting/ Dinner . 6:30 pm Program - City of Scottsdale Council Candidate Debate with candidates Cindy Hill, Kathy Littlefield, Linda Milhaven, Jennifer Petersen, Dennis Robbins & David N. Smith Reservations: Call Judy Eisenhower 480-941-8162 OR firstname.lastname@example.org or Pat Kaufman at email@example.com Send your checks payable to the Lincoln Republican Women’s Club at: Judy Eisenhower, 7915 E. Sage Dr. , Scottsdale, AZ 85250.
· The League Of Women Voters And AZ Public Media Political Forums are scheduled at the Proscenium Theatre, West Campus of Pima CC, 2202 W Anklam Road, Tucson. Free tickets must be ordered in advance.
o Oct 6, 7:45 pm, Arizona Corporation Commission Candidates.
o Oct 8, 6:30 pm, Supt of Public Instruction Candidates
o Oct 8, 7:45pm, Secretary of State Candidates.
o Oct 9, 6:30 pm, Gubernatorial candidates.
· Operations Enduring Gratitude will receive 10% of the Oct 6 dining receipts from Salsa Blanca, 20221 N 67th Ave., #E-7, Glendale. http://www.salsablancagrill.com (In the Legends Shopping Center NE corner of 67th Ave & 101 Dine in or take out – phone 623-376-6270 . See flyer Fundraiser or Www.OperationEnduringGratitude.Org OEG Founder Charlie Ellis 480-678-0938 www.TeamOeg.Com OEG was founded to express deep appreciation for the dedicated and noble service of our Veterans and their families through a humanitarian and cooperative housing reparation program. The organization is comprised of Veterans, volunteers, and local community. Businesses serving Veterans and their families that are in distress by repairing their homes and help them rebuild their lives.
ARIZONA FREEDOM ALLIANCE
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2NoBorder News Watch
JUDGE ANDREW NAPOLITANO
· $1000- Fine-For-Taking Pictures-In-The-Forest The Forest Service Oversees 36 Million Acres Of Wilderness. In A Month, You Won't Be Able To Take A Picture In Them Without Getting A Fine -- Even If The New Rules Are Unconstitutional. Update: After The Outcry, The Forest Service Backs Off.
GLOBAL WARMING/CLIMATE CHANGE
· The Climate Change Industry The "Climate Change Industry" Has Become Such A Religion Of Environmentalism Gone Berserk That They Are Now Trying To Ban Farming