- ► August (16)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ▼ September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
September 3, 2014
· Services For LD21 Precinct Committee Mike Holland will be held at 5 pm, Fri., Sept 5 at the the Church of Christ, 10935 W Olive Ave, Peoria, AZ 85345 at 5 pm on Friday, Sept 5, 2014.Memorials can be made in Michael's (Mike) name to the local American Heart Assoc affiliate :https://www.heart.org/idc/groups/heart-public/@wcm/@tcs/documents/downloadable/ucm_430364.pdf or mailed to Mike's wife Lynette: 11526 N 146th Ave, Surprise, AZ 85379
· The 2015 Maricopa County Republican Statutory Meeting is scheduled Jan. 10 at the Grace Community Church in Tempe. Details will be announced as Dan Grimm’s committees move forward in planning the event.
The Maricopa County Republican Committee’s Executive Guidance Committee will meet at 7 pm, Thur., Sept 4 at GOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St. All possible guests will be required to sign-in. Only registered Republicans with a valid photo ID will be admitted. No news media, audio and/or video recording will be allowed. Registration opens at 6 pm. Agenda: Primary Election debriefing and preparations for the November General Election. Contact: Chairman A J LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
· MC #4 Supervisor Clint Hickman: Today the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors voted on the Canvass of the 2014 Primary Election. In the short time I have been a Supervisor, I was proud to lead the charge for a Regulatory Moratorium, voted on a balanced budget and kept taxes low. Along the way, I have had the opportunity to forge some new outstanding friendships while strengthening old relationships throughout this County. I am glad to have had a wonderful campaign and election experience, but I am more comfortable being a public servant helping families and constituents of District 4. I am so fortunate to work with communities that are engaged, committed and willing to roll up their sleeves with me to improve the entire West Valley. I remain energized, and look forward to continuing my work for the residents of Maricopa County. And one last remark, thanks not only to the voters of this County, but we should also be grateful to all of the candidates that ran in this election, win or lose, because every one of them took time away from their families, spent time away from their homes, and dared to take risks to drive this state, and their communities forward.
· Chino Valley and Central Yavapai Fire Districts Fire Chief Freitag will address the Highway 69 Republicans at 6 pm., Mon, Sept 9 at Puerta Vallart Restaurant, 11901 E Hwy 69 in Dewey. 5 pm social hour. Freitag oversees the second largest Fire District in the state. Limited seating. Reservations required. RSVP to June 928-632-4661 http://www.highway69republicans.com
· Preview' The Joe Show' There will be several showings of “The Joe Show” during the week of Oct 3 at the Harkins Arrowhead Fountains 18 Theater, 16046 N. Arrowhead Fountains Ctr. Dr., Peoria, AZ 85382 (just off the 101 at Bell Road in Peoria) . For showing times call The Harkins at 623-412-0122. “The Joe Show” is a film about how Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and his rise to fame as the “Toughest Sheriff in America.” Ten years in the making, Randy Murray Productions condensed 200 hours of filming down to a little over an hour and a half for the final product. Included in the film is the investigation of President Obama’s birthday certificate at the request of the Surprise Tea Party
· Chairman of the Arizona Republican Party Robert Graham yesterday (Sept 2) sent a fourth letter to the Democrat nominee for governor of Arizona (Fred DuVal) asking for more information about the nominee’s career as a lobbyist, specifically about his involvement in a “pay-for-play” scandal involving lucrative government contracts in exchange for massive political campaign contributions in New Mexico. "Your deep involvement in New Mexico politics – engaged with an incumbent governor who can best be described as “ethically challenged” – raises serious doubts about your judgment,” asked Graham. " Is that the way you’ll do business in Arizona? See Letter http://azgop.org/blog/
Robert Graham, Chairman of the Arizona Republican Party. Today (Sept 3) Graham sent a fifth letter to the Democrat nominee for governor of Arizona Fred DuVal regarding his role in helping elect some the nation’s most liberal Democrats to public office. “This Democrat candidate made major contributions to powerful liberals like the bitterly partisan Harry Reid of Nevada, and that puts doubt in the minds of voters as to whom he would answer to as Governor — the people of Arizona or his powerful friends?” asked Graham. See Letter http://azgop.org/blog/
· LD28 Will Meet At 7 Pm, Sept 9 at the Madison School District Office, 5601 N. 16th St, Phx. All current and newly elected precinct committeemen (PCs) must sign in. No outside guests allowed. The following candidates will be in attendance: CD9 – Wendy Rogers, House – Kate Brophy McGee and Shawnna Bolick, Senate – Adam Driggs. Donations are asked to raise $1,000 for an upcoming mailings/election. Checks can be made to ‘”Republica Committee of LD18” and mailed to c/o Catherine Kauffman, 5201 East Mountain View Road, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253(please include your employer name and occupation). The next meeting is Oct. 4.
· Amanda Stanford, who won the Pinal Clerk of the Superior Court GOP primary race, will address the Arizona Project at 6:30 pm, Mon., Sept 8 at 3375 E. Shea Blvd. She won with 55% of the vote in the upset of her former boss, incumbent GOP Chad Roche. Roche gave the relatively unknown Stanford a great deal of free publicity at the start of the race when he tried to knock her off the ballot by way of a legal challenge to her signature petitions. Stanford will run unopposed in the November 4 general election and be sworn into office in January. She’s been unemployed since leaving her job in the Clerk’s office earlier this year to run for the top spot in the Pinal County Clerk’s office.
· Packages From Home has scheduled Golf Tournament Sat, Nov 1 as a fund raiser to raise money for shipping package to our service men and women serving in some nasty places around the world.
· A Fundraiser For LD28 House Candidate Kate Brophy Mcgee is scheduled from 5-7 pm, Sept 17 at Alexi’s Grill, 3550 N. Central, in Phx.
· Dolan Ellis Was Given The Title Of Arizona Balladeer by former Gov Sam Goddard, whose son Terry Goddard is now running for Secretary of State against Rep Michelle Reagan. Ellis fondly remembers Terry as a kid with braces on his teeth when the Balladeer title was bestowed upon Ellis. And Briefs remembers when Terry was the fair-haired Mayor of Phoenix who was a frequent guest at parties of the mover and shakers (both Rep and Dems) in North Phoenix aka the ‘Greater Paradise Valley area.’
· Destroying Political Signs is a Class 2 Misdemeanor (ARS 16-1019 –political signs http://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/01019.htm ) if caught and prosecuted. If you see someone destroying or messing with Republican political signs for candidates in the General Election in Maricopa County, please photograph them and take the photos to the victims or send them to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro email@example.com
· Michele Bachmann: ‘We have known about this ISIS threat for months’ -- In January, President Obama Referred To Al-Qaeda linked groups in Iraq and Syria as “a jayvee team.” Nine months later, ISIS has declared a caliphate, brutally executed religious minorities in Iraq and Syria, and beheaded two American journalists as they continue to make threats. On radio this morning, Glenn Beck asked Congresswoman Bachmann (R-MN) to use her expertise from the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence to shed some light on the history of the ISIS threat. MORE
· A Stand with Israel Rally is scheduled by ‘Concerned Women for America (CWA) and former Gov Mike Huckabee from 2-4 pm, Oct 5 in Washington DC. www.cwalac.org
CD3 GOP Candidate Saucedo Mercer can use all the help she can get to retire long-time Lefty Dem Congressman Raul Grijalva . Help her out with a donation at Http://Www.Saucedomercer.Com or volunteer to hold a meet and greet for her, distribution her literature, make phone calls.
· The Three Maricopa County Community College District 3 Board Candidates will Debate at 6-8 PM, Sept 3 at Paradise Valley Community College, 18401 N. 32nd St., East Kranitz Student Center, Patayan Community Center, Room 1000B and again from 6-8 pm, Sept 4 in the Phoenix College, 3310 N. 10th Av., Phoenix, Osborn Site, Dome Conference Center.
· Half Price Tickets Are Available For The "United We Stand" program with Sarah Palin and Dinesh D'Souza scheduled at 7 pm, Sept 4 at the Grand Canyon University Arena, 3300 W Camelback Road, Phx. Ticket at www.960thepatriot.com and use code AZGOP for the discount. Click on the blue and white graphic that says "Purchase tickets using Promo codes." Then use the code: AZGOP and follow the directions. Tickets are also available at the AZGOP office (3501 N 24th St, Phx) and there will be some available at the AZGOP West Valley victory office on Tues afternoon, Sept 3, at 10050 W Bell Road, #26, Sun City.
· ‘Dennis Michael Lynch Returns’ from 7-9 pm, Oct 4 at the Virginia Piper Theater, Scottsdale Civic Center mall, $20 per ticket. VIP reception on Oct 3 - $60 each. Organized by DML Present & Liz Alcorn Committee. Info/Tickets: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Election Results: See election tallies at Sec of State [Click Here] or Maricopa County Recorder: recorder.maricopa.gov/ElectionResults_CS/eresults.aspx or http://maricopa.arizonagop.us/
· Precinct Committeemen Elections SummaryReportPrecinctCommittemen.pdf
· Former CD Candidate Chuck Wooten is asking for donations to help reduce his campaign debt level of $2,354.00, most from legal fees. contribution or Wooten For Congress, PMB 187, 8110 S. Houghton Rd. #158, Tucson, AZ 85747.
· Matt Roberts Has Returned To His Former Job as Communications Director for the Secretary of State Ken Bennett.
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
SEPT 4 EVENTS
· Grand Canyon University Will Host “United We Stand” at 7 pm, Sept 4, with Sarah Palin and Dinesh D'Souza. 1/2 Price Tickets at www.960thepatriot.com and use code AZGOP for the discount.
· Three Maricopa County Community College District 3 Board Candidates will Debate at Phoenix College. 6-8 PM, Sept 4 in the Phoenix College, 3310 N. 10th Av., Phoenix, Osborn Site, Dome Conference Center.
SEPT 5 EVENTS
· Dr. Ben Carson Will Address The ‘Wake Up America’ Dinner scheduled Fri., Sept 5 at the Westin Kierland Resort in Phoenix. The fundraiser is the official launch for Wake Up America as a online media network – an alternative to today’s media.. Limited to 500. email@example.com 602.482.0017.
SEPT 6 EVENTS
· The University Of Arizona College Republicans Unity Rally And Fundraiser Featuring Congressman David Schweikert is scheduled at 6 pm, Sept 6 at the Radisson Suites, 6555 E Speedway Blvd., Tucson. Doors open at 6 pm. Meet and greet candidates and local organizations with a three course dinner. Tickets $35 per person or $65 per couple. Table for 8 - $325. Proceeds will benefit the University of Arizona College Republicans. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· A Celebration Of Life Will Be Held For The Late Tommy Tucker at 2 pm, Sept 6 at Vista de la Montana United Methodist Church, 3001 E Miravista Lane, Tucson, AZ 85739. Services were held in Iowa earlier this month. Tucker. who passed away Aug 2. , was the Pinal County Republican Committee First Vice-Chairman since 2012. He served as the Chairman from 2006-2008. See obituary page for more details.
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8:30 am, Sat., Sept 6 at the Sun City West Foundations Building (Quail Room) 14465 R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West Arizona. Doors open at 8 am with coffee/donuts. $2 donation. Speakers: Senator Judy Burges, LD22 Representatives Phil Lovas and David Livingston, and LD22 Chairman Eric Morgan. All candidates in attendance will be given time to speak. First time visitors are asked to call 602-421-8877.
SEPT 8 EVENTS
· The Lincoln Republican Women will meet Mon, Sept 8 at the Double Tree Resort, 5401 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale. $28 per person. 5:30 pm Meet and Greet, 6 pm Meeting/ Dinner, 6:30-7:30 pm Program. Speaker: AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham ‘Rally round the GOP Flag, Girls!’ RSVP: Call Judy Eisenhower 480-941-8162 Or email@example.com or Pat Kaufman at 480-368-2777 firstname.lastname@example.org Send your checks payable to the Lincoln Republican Women’s Club to Judy Eisenhower, 7915 E. Sage Dr., Scottsdale, AZ 85250.
· LD19 Will Meet At 7 Pm, Sept 8 (2nd Mon) in the conference room of Total Wine & More, 1416 N Litchfield Rd (Palm Valley Pavilions West Shopping Center) Litchfield Park, AZ. Contact LD 19 Chairman, Cherie Scott, email@example.com.
· A Meet And Greet For LD4 House Candidate Richard Hopkins is scheduled at 4:30 pm, Sat., Sept 6 starting at the Round Table Pizza on Avenu B/16 Street.
SEPT 9 EVENTS
· LD 13 Meets The 2nd Tuesday Of The Month At 7 Pm at PebbleCreek Tuscany Falls Clubhouse – Ball Room, 16222 Clubhouse Drive, Goodyear, AZ. 85395. Contact: Chairman Robert Branch, 602-334-6519.
· The Yavapai County Republican Committee Executive Committee Monthly Meeting will meet at 5:30 pm, Sept 9 in the Conference Room, YCRC Headquarters, 112B E. Union St., Prescott
· The Mingus Mountain Republican Club meets at 11:15 am, Sept 9 at the VFW Post #7400, 705 E. AspenSt., Cottonwood, AZ. Contact: Bob O'Connell (928) 301-4868 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots will celebrate its third anniversary at 6:30 pm, Sept 9 at the Triple Play Restaurant, 1570 W. Duval Mine Road with constitutional scholar and speaker Jeff Utsch. Utsch is a UofA grad, NCAA All-American swimmer, and Navy SEAL instructor. Sahuarita-Tea-Party
SEPT 10 EVENTS
· The Arrowhead Republican Women (ARW) will meet Wed, Sept 10 at Briarwood Country Club, 135th Ave & Meeker Blvd. in Sun City West. Check-in begins at 10:45 am, meeting begins promptly at 11:30 am. Cost for the luncheon which includes meal, meeting, and program is $20 payable by cash or check at time of arrival. Reservations required by Sept 5 at email@example.com The speaker will be Dr. C.T. Wright, founder of The Light of Hope Institute based in Fountain Hills, AZ. ARW is open to all Republican women. Republican men welcome as Associate members.
· The National Federation Of Republican Women will celebrate the 38th Biennial Convention at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort and Spa in Phoenix between September 10-13, 2015. Details to follow at a later time. www.nfrw.org
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· Congressman David Schweikert: Your action has never been more important. In the next few days, we have a big goal to raise: $36,000 online. That means I'm counting on you. September is a key month for our campaign. The far left is in full scale attack mode. As the President's policies crumble at home and abroad, the need for true leadership in this country mounts by the minute. It's time to act. Do not delay. We can take our country back. Barack Obama wants nothing more than for you to ignore his policy train wrecks and forget there is an election in November. I disagree. You see, the Constitution is very clear about where power rests in our country: with YOU. So please, join me. Help us reach our $36,000 goal with your most generous contribution today! And thank you -- your help makes every victory possible.
· CD1 Candidate Andy Tobin: This is serious...It’s plain to see that Nancy Pelosi is furious that we have secured the Republican nomination. Peloisi has called on her liberal allies at major national Democrat organizations to buy $3.2 million in TV ads! We know that our plan to solve Arizona's toughest problems resonate with all Arizonans, which is why they are so afraid of us. We need your help to make sure we can reach every voter with our solutions and expose the truth about Ann Kirkpatrick: Kirkpatrick is a devoted liberal who toes the party line and votes with Pelosi, Reed and Obama nearly every time! They will attempt to buy this seat and keep her in office! Keeping Ann Kirkpatrick in their back pocket is a huge priority and one that the Demorcats are going to spend millions on. I know we can fight back and get our messages across but there's no doubt that I need your help to do so: My team and I are announcing a 24 Hour Rapid Reaction Fund
and I need you to help us fund it. Don't let Washington liberals buy this election. Please go to my donation page and help is fight back right now! Click here to donate Thank you for your support!
· Stop Dithering, Confront ISIS McCain And Graham The New York Times
· Ariz-Republicans-Support-Dem-Fred-Duval-For-AZ-Governor Full Page Ad
· McCain Was Criticized When He Said 'Gates Of Hell' Biden Borrows McCain's 'Gates Of Hell' Quote
· AZGOP-To-Fred-Duval: What-Were-You-Thinking
· Elizabeth-Warren-Just-Gave-Republicans-A-Gift Whether She Meant To Or Not, She Criticized Hillary Clinton By Omission.
Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi (Jailed In MX)
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2NoBorder News Watch
· Response To Uzi Accident Ignores Kids Who Use Guns Responsibly The Major Media Leaves Out Examples Of Kids Who Use Guns Responsibly.
· Geraldo Rivera: The 2nd Amendment Is “Blind And Stupid” (Confused Commentator!)
DEPT OF JUSTICE/HOLDER
· Top-DOJ-Official-To-Step-Down 3rd Ranking Official
GLOBAL WARMING aka Climate Change
· Once Again, The Goreacle Missed The Mark Entirely Al Gore Said By Now The Arctic Would Be Free Of Ice. Instead, The Ice Cap Is Growing.
DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
SECRETARY OF STATE
· Not All Muslims! After Beheadings, Kerry Reminds Everyone That Islam Is 'A Peaceful Religion'