- ► August (23)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ▼ October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
October 14, 2014
· Former Governor And Republican Presidential Nominee Mitt Romney will be featured at a Victory Rally in support of Doug Ducey - Arizona State Treasurer and Republican nominee for governor - with nationally syndicated radio show host Hugh Hewitt and special guests Sen Jeff Flake, Congressman Matt Salmon, AZ Secretary of State Ken Bennett and former Mesa Mayor Scott Smith at 7:30 pm, Thur., Oct 23 in the Mesa Convention Center, 263 N Center St., Mesa, AZ 85201. Free tickets on line https://www.eventbrite.com/e/victory-rally-with-mitt-romney-in-support-of-doug-ducey-for-governor-tickets-13654834979
· Congressman Matt Salmon will be holding open office hours Saturday, Oct 18 at his Gilbert office. The door is open for residents to sit down for a quick meeting to express your concerns, ask questions, or discuss the complicated issues facing our nation. The office is at 207 N. Gilbert Rd., Suite 209, Gilbert, AZ 85234. Limited space, so call his office at (480) 699-8239 to schedule an appointment.
· Senator Jeff Flake’s Coffee and Cocoa Club Breakfast aka Coffee Cup Club will feature gubernatorial candidate Doug Ducey at 8 am, Sat., Nov 1 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N. Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale (N of Indian Bend). Registration - 7:30 am. Breakfast and Program- 8 am. Limited seating. $25 per person. Coffee cups will be for sale for $10/each. Limited supply. RSVP by Tues, Oct 28. Contact: email@example.com or call 602-845-0333.
· Walk A Precinct With CD 3 Congressional Candidate Gabby Saucedo Mercer as you secure the votes for Gabby, LD 4 Candidates Dr. Connie Uribe (AZ Senate), Richard Hopkins (AZ House) and SD 5 Candidate Mark Riddles this Sat, Oct 18. Walkers will meet at 8:30 am and walk from 9am until noon. Meet at the Walgreens , 25073 W Southern Ave. Buckeye, AZ 85326 (SE Corner of Southern/Miller Rd). With enough help they will finish Hopeville and Valencia Precincts. Don't worry if you have never done this before, they will team you with someone who has. Contact Andrew Costanzo, 480 677-0697 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The 2014 Election is all about Republican voter turnout, YOUR candidates need your help to Get Out The Vote!
· Sheriff Joe Arpaio Will Be Speaking at fundraiser for Dr. Connie Uribe at the Yuma County Republicans at noon, Mon., Oct 20 at The Shilo Inn. $25 per person/lunch. RSVP Sec. Lorna Brooks 928-317-9120 :email@example.com
· CD3 Candidate Gabby Saucedo-Mercer has incumbent Dem Raul Grijalva on the run. “He has been hiding from Saucedo Mercer, rejecting all debate and candidate forum requests, but the big chicken has finally accepted a ‘debate’ type interview,” according to CD3 coordinator Andrew Costanzo. The televised CD 3 segment will air at 8:30 pm, Fr., Oct 17 on PBS-6 (Tucson) and will also appear on their website on Oct. 17 azpm.org/metroweek.
· The Rio Colorado Republican Women met in the back room at Frank's Restaurant at 6 pm this evening to Sue Reynolds from Yuma County Elections. Contact: Lorna Brooks 928-317-9120 :firstname.lastname@example.org
· Congresswoman Ann Wagner is coming to Phoenix for a Women’s Breakfast for CD1 candidate Andy Tobin, CD2 candidate Martha McSally and CD9 candidate Wendy Rogers between 8:30-10 am, Wed., Oct 15 . Host Committee consists of Debbie Cheatham, Gordon and Lisa James, Cheryl Glovitz, Kim Owens, and Lynn Londen. Photo op $150 per person. Breakfast $75 per person. RSVP to Jessica LaBerge & Michelle Hyder at 602-633-2-777 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Invitations were distributed by The National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) ‘Arizona Victory Fund’ of Arlington, VA.
· A Fundraiser for Candidates Malba Alvarez and David Lara is scheduled at a5 pm, Fri, Oct 17 in San Luis at the San Luis Sports Bar, 1914 E. Juan Sanchez Blvd (on the far east side of town) in Yuma. Contact: Lorna Brooks 928-317-9120 :email@example.com
· Yuma County Republicans Will Be Walking The Yuma Valley to get out the vote on Saturday, Oct 18. Even if you can walk only one street, please come on down - every little bit adds up! Meet at Paul's house at 8am, at 1252 S. 42nd Avenue (just west of Avenue C, and just south of 12th Street.) Call him if you need directions: 580-1697. Contact: Sec. Lorna Brooks 928-317-9120 :firstname.lastname@example.org
· Flashback: McCain Says Nothing To Fear With Obama In White House McCain tells voters: We have nothing to fear with Barack Obama in the White House (2008 FLASHBACK). After a particularly fired-up rally in Minnesota, Mr McCain was booed when he tried to soothe the crowd, defending Mr. Obama as "a decent person and a person you do not have to be scared of as president of the United States."
· The Sun City West Republican Club will hold its November meeting at 8:30 am, Sat., Nov 1 at the SCW Foundations Building (Quail Room) 14465 R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West Arizona. Doors open at 8 am – coffee/donuts. $2 donations to help with room rent. Constitutional law expert Shane Krauser is the speaker. Contact: John Neal - Vice President/ and Program Chairman email@example.com 602-218-5344 or 602-421-8877
· Jackie & Jerry Miles Are Hosting a 6 pm, Nov 4 party in support of senate candidate John Kavanagh at 16317 E. Inca Ave., Fountain Hills, AZ 85268 (480) 837-3214 Serving light hors d’oeuvres, your choice of beverages, interesting conversation and very few speeches. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. $25 donation per person or send check payable to “Kavanagh for State Senate 2014 To John Kavanagh, 16038 East Seminole Lane, Fountain Hills, Arizona 85268 (480) 837-5612
· Republicans - We Are Out Numbered In Southwest Maricopa County but CD3 candidate Gabby Saucedo-Mercer Can Win In This 2014 Midterm Election, With Your Help. Every Vote Counts! Get your family, friends, neighbors and fellow patriots involved. Volunteer opportunities are available for you to share campaign literature, engage your neighbors, make phone calls, display a lawn sign, host a candidate “Meet and Greet,” and encourage your friends and neighbors to donate to our candidates. Contact CD 3, Maricopa County Coordinator, Andrew Costanzo at email@example.com or 480 677-0697.
· 12 News Political Reporter Brahm Resnik to Moderate the Gilbert Public School Board Candidate Debate at 7:30 pm, Oct 15 in the auditorium of Gilbert High School. Details:.eastvalleynewsnet.com
· Maricopa County Supervisor Clint Hickman was unanimously elected by his colleagues as incoming president of the County Supervisors Association (CSA) at the October 10, 2014, meeting of the CSA Board of Directors. The official transition and passing of the gavel from Supervisor Jim Palmer to Supervisor Hickman will take place on Nov 20 at the CSA headquarters in Phoenix. Hickman is a Maricopa County LD13 PC.
· Well-placed Video Cameras Across LD28 resulted in a video that shows a man removing Republican signs. He was served with a summons for stealing several dozen political signs over the course of a 12-day period from a private property. Video cameras had been deployed due to an exceptionally high number of stolen signs, especially from private lawns. In Arizona, it’s a crime to steal signs (ARS 16-1019 – political signs) if caught and prosecuted.Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, or cell 602-842-1912. www.BolickforArizona.com.
· Buckeye Precinct Walk and Get Out The Vote - Walk with CD 3 Congressional Candidate Gabby Saucedo Mercer as we secure the vote for Gabby, LD 4 Candidates Dr. Connie Uribe (AZ Senate), Richard Hopkins (AZ House) and SD 5 Candidate Mark Riddles, Saturday, Oct 18. Volunteers will meet at 8:30 am and walk from 9 to 12. Meet at the Walgreens located at 25073 W Southern Ave. Buckeye, AZ 85326 (SE Corner of Southern and Miller Rd). With enough help we will finish Hopeville and Valencia Precincts; the weather will be cooler, so please join us. Don't worry if you have never done this before, we will team you with someone who has. Contact Andrew Costanzo, 480 677-0697 or email@example.com.
· The Paradise Republican Women are calling for volunteers to help get out the vote and make phone calls for candidates. Volunteers can work from the office between 10am-5 pm, Mon-Sat at 7047 E Greenway Parkway #250, Scottsdale AZ 85254 or your home. Join them in stuffing door packets between 6-8 pm, Thur., Oct 16. Snacks and drinks served. Contact: Chr Lori Urban 480-221-9633
or firstname.lastname@example.org to join us! This is a great way to earn some volunteer hours for club rewards and spend some time with other members - all while we make a difference to our candidates!
· The Coconino County Republican Committee Victory Office in Flagstaff is open from noon to 7pm Monday through Saturday. It's located on Woodlands Village Boulevard, next door to the Staples Office Supply store and across from Basha's super market. I'm proud to announce that in the past several weeks we have successfully placed 7,000 flyers on the doors of Republicans and Independents pulling Republican ballots in 26 Flagstaff precincts. We have designed and printed door hangers that look like sample ballots and list our local City Council Candidates, our LD-6 Representatives Brenda Barton and Bob Thorpe, and LD-6 State Senate candidate Sylvia Allen, and our CD-1 Congressional candidate, Andy Tobin, along with the rest of our State Slate. We have placed a large number of candidate signs in the Flagstaff area, and have already sent out two of four planned candidate slate mailings. We have also co-sponsored a local candidates debate and soon we will be placing get out the vote calls to those who have not yet voted their ballots, and those who will be voting at the polls. - Joy Iris Staveley, Chairman Coconino County Republican Committee
· Nationally Syndicated Columnist Mychal Massie will speak to the Liberty Amendment Dinner on Sat., Oct 18 at the Hilton El Conqustador, 10000 N Oracle Road., Tucson.
· CANCELLED: The October 18 Pinal County Republican Committee meeting has been cancelled, according to PCRC Chairman Seraphim Larsen. They will meet at 10 am, Nov 15 at the Union Center Ballroom at Anthem Merrill Ranch, 3925 N Sun City Blvd, Florence, AZ. Larson asks that precinct committeemen use the time to “GET OUT THE VOTE for your local Republican candidates!” Please contact your District Chair to find out what GOTV activities are happening in your area:
See the 2014 Ballot Measures at general/ballotmeasures
· All Newly Elected Maricopa County Precinct Committeemen (PCs) should be receiving their Certificates of Election in the mail within the next few days. PCs from the past term (elected or appointed) who did not run for re-election in the primary election are no longer PC's. The only current PCs the Legislative Districts (LDs) and MCRC have are the ones elected in the August 26 Primary, according to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro. All current LD Executive Officers retain their office until the LD organizational meetings in November/ December when the new elections are conducted. – MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The LD 11 Clean Elections Debate in support of Sen candidate Steve Smith and House candidates Vince Leach and Mark Finchem will begin at 6 pm, Tues., Oct 15 at Pima Community College, NW Campus, 7600 N. Shannon Rd., Tucson.
· The Western Pinal Republican Club will meet at 5:30 pm, Oct 15 at Eva’s Fine Mexican Food, 2033 North Pinal Ave., Casa Grande, AZ 85122 to hear a debate between Cases Grande High School Board candidates Michael Voelker, Tony Salcido, Mark Maurer and Wes Mitchell. Dr. Shannon Goodsell will address the issue of an override. $10 admission fee.
· The Arizona Republic and 12 News will host a Gilbert School District Governing Board Candidate Debate at 7:30 pm, Wed., Oct 15 in the Gilbert High School Auditorium, 1101 E Elliot Road, Gilbert, AZ 85234. Moderator: Brahm Resnick to moderator.
· The Verde Valley Republican Women meet at 11 am at the Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, 2250 W. Hwy 89A, Sedona. $17 per person. RSVP: Erna (928) 284-4248 or email@example.com
· Congressman Matt Salmon Will Participate In A Youth Town Hall hosted by the Young Americans for Liberty chapter at 2 pm, Oct 15 Glendale Community College Student Union, 6000 W Olive., Glendale. It is free and open to the public, and Q&A will follow his presentation.
· Trevor Loudon, New Zealand Author And Political Researcher, will speak to the Grassroots Tea Party at 6:30 pm, Wed., Oct 15 at the Brand New Church, 1827 W Grovers Ave., Phx (19th Ave/Grovers) . Loudon is the author of “The Enemies Within: Communists, Socialists and Progressives in the U.S. Congress”
· Palo Verde Republican Women will meet for lunch Oct 15 at the Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 E. Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale. Lunch $25. Social 11am, Program/Lunch 11:30 am. Invited speakers are Rep. David Schweikert (Prop.122), Christina Sandefur, Goldwater Institute, (Prop. 303), and Peg Cottle on Fisher House. Candidate for Attorney General Mark Brnovich will auction off original art painted by Matt Cottle. Proceeds go to Fisher House. RSVP contact Edith Stock: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-298-7818.
· A Meet And Greet For Scottsdale City Council candidate Kathy Littlefield is scheduled between 6-8 pm, Wed., Oct 15 at the house of Linda Longazel, 9270 E Thompson Peak Parkway #366, D C Ranch Country Club Estates, Scottsdale. Cold beverages and light snacks will be served. RSVP to 480-585-2345 602-550-1648.
· The LD 27 Republican Candidate Forum featuring all six LD 27 candidates is scheduled between 6:30-8:30 pm, Wed., Oct 15 at the Roosevelt School District Wellness Center, 1030 E. Baseline Road, Phoenix, AZ 85042. Candidates Catherine Miranda, Natalie Taswell, Reginald Bolding, Myron Jackson Sr. Rebecca Rios and Jose Tello have been invited. Questions for the candidates may be emailed to the Forum Committee Chairman Tommie Taylor at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LD16 (3rd Thur) 6:30 social. Liberty Arts Academy, 3015 S. Power Rd, Mesa, AZ 85212. Contact Kay Reardon at: email@example.com. Chr Jerry Clingman Cell 480-861-4958 Home 480-986-5236 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.ld16gop@us
· LD24 (3rd Thru) 7 pm, AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Chr Brian Kaufman 480-442-2424 bkaufx@gmail,com
· LD 25 (3rd Thur) 7 pm. Community Rooms of the City of Mesa Utilities Building (640 N. Mesa Dr.) Chr Paul Whetten 480-392-9192 email@example.com
· The Arizona Corporation Commission has scheduled a meeting at 10 am, Thur., Oct 16 in the Hearing Room #1, 1200 W Washington St., Phx. Revised Open Meeting Notice.
· Northwest Conservatives Hosts A “Review Of The 2014 Ballot Propositions” By Former AZ State Sens Frank Antenori & Jonathan Paton at 6 pm, Oct 16 in the Oro Valley Library, 1305 W Naranja Dr., Oro Valley. Amphi School Board candidates Scott Leska and Mick Stewart will address the Prop 418 Amphi Budget Override 6. Contact Sherese Steffens at firstname.lastname@example.org
· A Reception For Attorney General Candidate Mark Brnovich is scheduled at 5:30 pm, Thur., Oct 16 at the home of Home of Karen and Bob Hobbs, Sr., 6250 North Hogahn Drive, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253. Co-hosted by Michael Bidwill, Leigh & Jack Biltis, Vicki & Jim Click, Eric Crown, Lynn & Jack Londen, Randy & Ken Kendrick, Norman McClelland and Christine Toretti. Co-Chair $2,000 • Host Committee $1,000 • Individual Tickets $250. Business/Business Casual Attire. Complimentary Valet Parking Required. contact Jess Yescalis at 602-400-5683 or Amilyn Pierce at 602-708-8980. RSVP to email@example.com or 602-708-8980.
· Justice of the Peace Candidate Malba Alvarez and Constable candidate David Lara are hosting a Meet The Candidates Coffee between 5-8 pm, Thur., Oct 16 at the Main Street Café, 214 E Main St., Somerton, AZ.
· The Colorado River Tea Party meets at noon, Thur., Oct 16 in the Community Christian Church, 6480 E Hwy 95, Yuma. www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
The Yavapai County Republicans Annual Oct 17 Oktoberfest TNT Fundraiser will be held at The Grill at Stoneridge Golf Course, 1601 N. Bluff Top Dr., Prescott Valley, AZ 86314. Cocktails – 5 pm. Dinner/program 6-9 pm. Speakers: Congressman David Schweikert and Dr. Lyle J. Rapacki of Sentinel Intelligence Services. $65 per person or $130 per couple to sit with one of the guest speakers. State Treasurer Candidate Jeff DeWit will be master of ceremonies. Raffle and live auction. Tickets available now. RSVP at (928) 776-4500 or go online to Oktoberfest. Be sure and state the names of your guests and if you want to sit with a guest, mention his name in the Comments section. If you have anything to donate to the fundraising auction, contact the Yavapai office by Fri, Oct 10 at www.yavgop.org
· The Pima GOP Unity Rally is scheduled from 5:30-8:30 pm, Oct 17. Bring a chair or blanket for seating. Free refreshments, entertainment. Kids welcome. Udall Park Amphitheater, 7200 E Tanque Verde Rd, SE Corner Tanque Verde/Sabina Canyon.
· The NRA Women Summit will be held Oct 17-19 in Middleburg, VA. Panelist include Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin, Tennessee Rep Marsha Blackburn, organizer of the conservative "War On Women" campaign Carly Fiorina, co-host of CNN's Crossfire S.E. Cupp, journalist and on-air host Dana Loesch, and, TownHall.com blogger and author Katie Palvich, among others. Contact: Addie Crimmins at 703-267-1580 or acrimmins@NRAHQ.org for reservation.
Congressman Paul Gosar will speak at 9 am, Oct 17 at the Community Job Fair scheduled at the Mohave Community College, 3400 Hwy 95, Rm 600 in Bullhead City. The fair runs from 9 am until noon. Contact Cristy Crow at 928-763-1145 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· A Fundraiser For Constable Candidate David Lara and Justice of the Peace Candidate Malba Alvarez is scheduled between 5-8 pm, Fri., Oct 17 at San Luis Sports Bar at the Plaza Riedel. $15 donation.
· The Crossroads of the West Gun Show is scheduled from 9 am-5 pm, Oct 18- and from 9am-4 pm, Oct 19 in the Glendale Arena. Free parking.
· Arizona State Rifle and Pistol Association one-day gun show is scheduled Oct 18 at the Ben Avery Shooting Range.
The Fountain Hills Republican Club will meet at 9 am, Sat., Oct 18 in the FH Community Center, 13001 N. La Montana Drive, to hear AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. Doors open at 8:30 am. Contact: Nancy Ordowski email@example.com
The First Annual Liberty Amendment ‘States United Balanced Budget Initiative Arizona’ symposium is scheduled between 10am-4 pm, Sat., Oct 18 at the Hilton El Conqustador, 10000 N Oracle Road., Tucson. Reception – 4:30. Dinner – 6 pm. Master of Ceremonies – James T. Harris. Evening speakers include national columnist Mychal Massie and Dr. Jake Jacobs. Others speakers include Congressmen David Schweikert and Paul Gosar, Constitutionalist Shane Krauser, Tucson Liberty Watch Host Charles Heller, Educator Jeff Utsch, AZ Reps Steve Smith and Bob Thorpe, Attorney General Tom Horne, Attorney Nick Dranias, CA Assemblyman Tim Donnelly, former Graham county Sheriff Richard Mack, Author Dr Elroy, Mike Gibbs – Center for Self Governance, and Author Shawn Cassidy. States United Balanced Budget Initiative Arizona (SUBBIAZ) & Compact for America RSVP: www.compactforAmerica.org
· The Sonoita-Elgin Tea Party has scheduled its second annual Liberty Dinner at 5 pm, Sat., Oct 18 at the Hotel Hilton Conquistador, 10,000 N. Oracle Road, Tucson. Guest of Honor: Dorothy Woods, widow of Navy Seal Ty Woods – who perish during the attack in Benghazi. Tickets: libertydinner2014.eventbrite.com Contact: LibertyDinner@gmail.com or 520-977-7946
· Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio will speak at 11:30 am., Mon, Oct 20 at a fundraiser for LD4 Senate candidate Constance Uribe at the Shilo Inn, 1550 Castle Dome.
· The College Republicans At Embry Riddle in Prescott will be hosting Town Hall for Congressman Paul Gosar at 6 pm, Oct 20 in the Student Union - Lower Hangar on campus at Embry-Riddle (3700 Willow Creek Road Prescott). Contact: Joey Cilano, President - College Republicans at ERAU and Vice-President - Yavapai County Young Republicans.
· The Sun City Republican Club will hold their Oct 20 Meeting at 6:30 pm, in the Sundial Center, 14801 N 103rd Ave., Sun City AZ 85351 to hear guest speakers address Propostition 480 – that will create the third largest tax increase in the history of the state. Refreshments will be served.
· Jim Click, Matt Gleason, Jonathan Paton, Mick Rusing, Christine Toretti & Jim Weaver Invite you a reception in support of attorney general candidate Mark Brnovich between 5:30-7:30 pm, Mon., Oct 20 in the Tucson Country Club, 2650 N Camino Principal, Tucson, AZ 85715. Co-Chair $2,000, Host Committee $1,000, Individual Tickets $250. Business Casual Attire. Contact: Amilyn Pierce at 602-708-8980 or Jess Yescalis at 602-400-5683. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-708-8980To donate, CLICK HERE