- ► December (11)
- ► November (25)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (30)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ▼ October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
October 17, 2014
· The Initial Bylaws Committee Meeting for the 2015 Maricopa County Statutory Meeting will be held on Thursday, October 23, 6 PM to 7 PM, GOP Headquarters, 3501 North 24th St, Phoenix, AZ 85016. Per our Bylaws each District Chairman may appoint one member to the Bylaws Committee, this member may be the Chairman of the respective district. Chairman please announce to your members that those wishing to have a Bylaw Amendment reviewed should submit their proposal to their District’s Bylaw Committee representative or to the Bylaws Committee Chairman, Andrew Costanzo email@example.com. Chairmen, please advise your District’s representative to the Bylaws Committee to RSVP to Costanzo.
· ATTN: Must See -- Watch the WMV Security Surveillance Video Recorded On August 25, 2014, at Maricopa County Elections MCTEC Facility surveillance video
· MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro: The Secretary of State, the Counties and the State Legislature passed some great election laws in 2013 that resulted in HB-2305. I testified at several of the hearings. The progressive socialists and militant groups cried suppression and disenfranchisement of the Hispanic and minority voters et. al. so they could force the repeal HB-2305 and continue questionable voter activities.
On August 25th, I was working with the Maricopa County Elections Staff observing early ballot processing at their MCTEC Facility at 510 S. Third Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85003. The team processing the early ballots through the optical scanning equipment had gotten way ahead of the "upstream" citizen boards preparing the early ballot batches for processing. The Information Systems Coordinator for Maricopa County Elections decided the team would take an extended lunch break from 11:30am until 1pm so I decided to relax and read my Wall Street Journal out in the main foyer area of the MCTEC Facility. I was seated at one of the cubicles looking toward the reception area that is now behind bullet proof glass because of the violence and protesting that occurred by militant groups during the November, 2012, General Election. The main entry to the foyer and facility was behind me to the right. At approximately 12:55pm, I heard a loud thud behind me and turned around to see what was going on. A person wearing a Citizens for a Better Arizona (CBA) t-shirt dropped a large box of hundreds of early ballots on the table and started stuffing the ballot box as I watched in amazement. The following dialog occurred:
Person from CBA: "What's your problem?"
A J. LaFaro: "I don't have a problem."
Person from CBA: "Stop watching me. You're annoying me."
I continued to watch. A. J. LaFaro: "One of your ballots isn't sealed."
Person from CBA: "It's none of your business. What's your name?"
A. J. LaFaro: "I'm the Chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Party. What's yours?"
Person from CBA: "Go fuck yourself! I don't have to tell you who I am." He continued to stuff the ballot box. Took a photo of several ballots that he staged in the slot of the ballot box. Hid behind the ballot box and table as he slipped the unsealed ballot into his brief. Left. Came back with the unsealed ballot that he sealed outside and dropped in the ballot box. Said as he was leaving "Go fuck yourself gringo."
On August 26th, we were scheduled to start early ballot processing at MCTEC at 9 am. So from 6 am until 8:20 am I went poll watching in
South Tempe and Guadalupe. I went to four polling locations - the last one being the main one in Guadalupe. I wanted to watch a Guadalupe polling location because the DOJ said they were going to assign their attorneys to Guadalupe to make sure Sheriff Joe and his deputies didn't terrorize and disenfranchise the Hispanic voters.
I entered the Guadalupe polling location and I identified myself to the Poll Inspector and showed her my Arizona driver’s license. There were
five poll workers sitting around pretty much doing nothing. There had been three ballots ran through the machine, one early ballot in the secured lock box and one person who couldn't speak English filling out a provisional ballot. I watched for about 20 minutes then left. As I was leaving, I stopped and spoke with the Poll Marshall. I asked him why it was so slow and he said that they had a big "ballot party" on Saturday. By the way, I didn't see one person from the DOJ.
I don't know if that person in the video is an illegal alien, a dreamer or a citizen. What I do know is that he was a vulgar, disrespectful thug that has no respect for our laws. I would have followed him to the parking lot to take down his tag number but I feared for my life.
I believe it's inconceivable, unacceptable and should be illegal for groups to collect hundreds, if not thousands, of voter's ballots and return them to the elections offices or polling locations. And let's not forget the "ballot parties" that occur where people gather en masse and reportedly give their un-voted ballots to operatives of organizations like Citizens for a Better Arizona so they can not only collect them but vote them illegally. America use to be a nation of laws where one person had one vote. I'm sad to say not anymore.
Arizona’s current General Election is going to be one of the closest in our State’s history. The progressive socialist Democrats, the liberal Independents and I am sad to say liberal Republicans (who are Republicans In Name Only - RINOs) are doing everything they can to turn Arizona dark blue. Their liberal agenda of higher taxes, bigger government, ObamaCare Medicaid expansion, Common Core, crony capitalism, amnesty for illegal aliens, same sex marriage, abortion, and never ending war around the globe needs to be defeated now - both in Arizona and around America.
That's why I'm asking all of you to continue walking your precincts, your neighborhoods and communities getting the vote out and chasing the ballots. To please continue your hard work by volunteering for your candidates, a citizen’s board, as a poll worker, as a poll watcher or a hand count audit board worker. With everyone's tireless efforts - ALL of our Republican candidates can win on November 4. With my deepest respect and appreciation. --A. J. LaFaro, Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
· Don’t Forget To Sign Your Mail In Ballots Envelope. Did you know that over 5,000 ballots in the primary weren't counted because they weren't signed and they arrived after the primary. It is suggested that you mail in your early ballots by Oct 30 so they are sure to be delivered to the Recorder’s office by Nov 4. Postmarks do not count. If you don’t mail your ballot before Oct 30, take it to any polling place within your county.
· Arizona-Gay-Marriage-Ruling Maricopa County Republican Committee Chairman A.J. LaFaro, a Catholic who "strongly believes a marriage is a Holy Sacrament between a man and a woman," said that marriage is not a political issue. "That said, I am a conservative Republican elected and sworn to defend the U.S. and Arizona Constitutions, and the Republican Party Platform. The Republican Party, and it's Platform, is very clear about being against same sex marriage. Individuals that believe and engage in same sex marriage will ultimately be judged by God, not the U.S. Courts.”
· Attorney General candidate Mark Brnovich: "Today's court order and recent rulings that preceded it have voided Arizona's voter-approved definition of marriage. State and local officials now have an obligation to put aside politics and personal feelings and uphold the law in accordance with the court's decision."
· Origami-Condoms, Michelle-Obama-Gardening-Games, Poop-Throwing-Chimps, National-Institutes-Health-Cried-Poor-Ebola, Money-Spent On Wacky-Research NIH spent millions on wacky projects but now complains cuts killed off Ebola vaccine research
o The NIH budget included $2.4 million for a new condom design whose inventor is now being investigated for fraud
o Another $939,000 taught scientists that male fruit flies prefer younger females
o $257,000 went to create a companion website for first lady Michelle Obama's White House garden
o It cost $592,000 to determine that chimpanzees with the best poop-flinging skills are also the best communicators, and another $117,000 to learn that most chimps are right-handed
o NIH director Dr. Francis Collins complained Sunday that a lack of funding is behind his agency's failure to produce an Ebola vaccine in time to combat this year's epidemic.
· Buckeye Precinct Walk and Get Out The Vote - Walk with CD 3 Congressional Candidate Gabby Saucedo Mercer as we secure the vote for Gabby, LD 4 Candidates Dr. Connie Uribe (AZ Senate), Richard Hopkins (AZ House) and SD 5 Candidate Mark Riddles, Saturday, Oct 18. Volunteers will meet at 8:30 am and walk from 9 to 12. Meet at the Walgreens located at 25073 W Southern Ave. Buckeye, AZ 85326 (SE Corner of Southern and Miller Rd). With enough help we will finish Hopeville and Valencia Precincts; the weather will be cooler, so please join us. Don't worry if you have never done this before, we will team you with someone who has. Contact Andrew Costanzo, 480 677-0697 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· LD19 State Senate Candidate Joe Hobbs will be at Friendship Park in Avondale on Sat, Oct 18 from 8am until 2pm. The park is East of the Agua Fria River and just South of McDowell. Hobbs will have a small blue shade canopy, cold water, a table, a banner, a few chairs – and handouts. Several candidates are going to stop by with their signs and wave their banners. Candidates who wish to participate can join in by contacting Joseph.email@example.com or 480-381-2380.
· Congress Matt Salmon will be at the Chandler Victory office, 1600 W Chandler Blvd #150, Chandler, AZ 85224 between 11 am and 3 pm., Sat., Oct 18.
· Nationally Syndicated Columnist Mychal Massie will speak to the Liberty Amendment Dinner on Sat., Oct 18 at the Hilton El Conqustador, 10000 N Oracle Road., Tucson.
CANCELLED: The October 18 Pinal County Republican Committee meeting has been cancelled, according to PCRC Chairman Seraphim Larsen. They will meet at 10 am, Nov 15 at the Union Center Ballroom at Anthem Merrill Ranch, 3925 N Sun City Blvd, Florence, AZ. Larson asks that precinct committeemen use the time to “GET OUT THE VOTE for your local Republican candidates!” Please contact your District Chair to find out what GOTV activities are happening in your area: Contact: PCRC Chr Seraphim Larsen Chairman - Florence AZ - (520) 251-2689 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.pinalcountygop.org/
· Volunteers are needed Sat., Oct 18 between noon and 3 pm to help Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey: http://dougducey.com/contact-the-campaign/ if you have a couple hours to spare If you can’t help this Saturday but would still like to volunteer, then please let us know.
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club will meet at 9 am, Sat., Oct 18 to hear AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham in the Fountain Hills Community Center. Doors open at 8:30 am.
· Congressman Matt Salmon will be holding open office hours Saturday, Oct 18 at his Gilbert office. The door is open for residents to sit down for a quick meeting to express your concerns, ask questions, or discuss the complicated issues facing our nation. The office is at 207 N. Gilbert Rd., Suite 209, Gilbert, AZ 85234. Limited space, so call his office at (480) 699-8239 to schedule an appointment.
· Yesterday A Video Surfaced Of Dem Gubernatorial Candidate Fred DuVal’s appearance at a Gilbert church earlier this week in which DuVal told the pastor and his congregation “14-year olds should be allowed to get abortions with no parental consent.” “Voters have every reason to doubt Fred DuVal’s ability to lead this state when he refuses to allow parents to play an important role in the lives of their own children,” said Robert Graham, Chairman of the Arizona Republican Party. "We knew Fred DuVal was nothing more than a liberal lobbyist masquerading as a bipartisan independent, but even we were shocked by his extreme demand to keep parents away from their own children in a time of crisis.” See full statement at azgop.org/blog/
Congressman David Schweikert, Attorney General candidate Mark Bronovich, Rep Steve Smith, Rep Steve Montenegro, LD 30 Candidate Gary L. Cox are among those who will be attending the Politics on the Rocks "Candidates & Cocktails Lounge" at the Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships at 1:45 pm, Sat. Oct 25 at WestWorld at the Omni Scottsdale Polo Field. To reserve tickets & tables click here: http://thepoloparty.com/site/tickets-tables/
· A ‘Round Up For CD9 Candidate Wendy Rogers’ phone bank is scheduled between the hours of noon and 8 pm, Mon – Fri., and from 10 am to 6 pm, Sat., at 3030 S Rural Road #120 in Tempe. AZ 85282 and at 1600 W Chandler Blvd $150, Chandler, AZ 85224.
· The Lincoln Republican Women will meet at 6 pm, Mon., Nov 10 at the Double Tree Resort by Hilton Hotel Paradise Valley-Scottsdale, 5401 N. Scottsdale Road., Scottsdale AZ, 85250 (On Scottsdale Rd. between Chaparral and Jackrabbit Rd. East side of the street) $28 per person. 5:30 pm – meet and greet, 6 pm dinner/mtg, 6:30 pm – program to hear a spokesperson for Ben Carson www.runbenrun.org - a non-traditional GOP presidential candidate. RSVP Judy Eisenhower 480-941-8162 Or email@example.com or Pat Kaufman at 480-368-2777 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Congressman Paul Gosar conducted a Second Amendment Roundtable at the Lake Havasu City Police Dept Friday evening.
· Tea Party Patriots Have Released The Documentary “Border States Of America”. The documentary will take viewers for a ride along the U.S-Mexico border and expose the many consequences of rampant illegal immigration and features interviews with Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL), and Reps. Steve King (R-IA) and Louie Gohmert (R-TX), and law enforcement officers.View the film online: https://www.teapartypatriots.org/theborderstates/
· The LD17 Chandler, Sun Lakes And Gilbert Republicans will meet at 7 pm, Oct 28 at the Tri-City Baptist Christian Seminary Building, (South Side of Parking Lot) 2211 W. Germann Road, Chandler, AZ 85286. Chr Tyler Bowyer email@example.com 480-239-0025 .
· Navajo Code Talker Samuel Tom Holiday will be the guest between noon and 4 pm, Nov 11 at the American Legion Veteran’s Day Ceremonial Gathering at the Al Kellis Draper Post #12, 176 N. Frontier St., Wickenburg, AZ. Holiday, US Marine Corp, 4th Marine Div. 25th Company, H&S Regiment, served from 1943-1945. He will conduct a book signing and present an oral history about the Cody Talkers. 928-68-7762.
· “Islam: What Non-Muslims Need To Know About Islam, And Why” will be presented by Dr. Carl Goldberg between 1-3 pm, Wed., Oct 29 and Nov 5 in Surprise. $15 per person. Registration: Call PORA Adult Learning at 623-242-6864.
· There Was Quite A Dust Up At The Oct 10 LD23 meeting. So many versions of what happened that it’s hard to separate the wheat from the shaft.
· The Arizona Corporation Commission has scheduled a Special Open Meeting/Winter Preparedness at 10 am, Tues., Oct 21. click notice and agenda: Special Open Meeting/Winter Preparedness.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey need volunteers to help in his campaign headquarters, 4455 E Camelback Rd., #E-260, Phoenix AZ 85018 from 5-8 pm, Mon-Thurs, 3-6 pm, Fri., and noon to 3 pm on Sat. Contact: Cylee Gutting 660-341-8839.
· Yuma County Republicans Will Be Walking The Yuma Valley to get out the vote on Saturday, Oct 18. Even if you can walk only one street, please come on down - every little bit adds up! Meet at Paul's house at 8am, at 1252 S. 42nd Avenue (just west of Avenue C, and just south of 12th Street.) Call him if you need directions: 580-1697. Contact: Sec. Lorna Brooks 928-317-9120 :firstname.lastname@example.org
· Maricopa County Supervisor Clint Hickman was unanimously elected by his colleagues as incoming president of the County Supervisors Association (CSA) at the October 10, 2014, meeting of the CSA Board of Directors. The official transition and passing of the gavel from Supervisor Jim Palmer to Supervisor Hickman will take place on Nov 20 at the CSA headquarters in Phoenix. Hickman is a Maricopa County LD13 PC.
· The Paradise Republican Women are calling for volunteers to help get out the vote and make phone calls for candidates. Volunteers can work from the office between 10am-5 pm, Mon-Sat at 7047 E Greenway Parkway #250, Scottsdale AZ 85254 or your home. Contact: Chr Lori Urban 480-221-9633 or email@example.com to join us! This is a great way to earn some volunteer hours for club rewards and spend some time with other members - all while we make a difference to our candidates!
· REMINDER: Destroying Political Signs is a Class 2 Misdemeanor (ARS 16-1019 –political signs http://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/01019.htm ) if caught and prosecuted. If you see someone destroying or messing with Republican political signs for candidates in the General Election in Maricopa County, please photograph them and take the photos to the victims or send them to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
· Dates To Remember:
o October 30: Last Day to Safely Mail Early Ballot
o October 31: Last Day to Nominate for LD Offices
o November 4: Election Day!
January 10, 2015: Maricopa Co. Republican Committee Organizational Meeting
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· Attorney General candidate Mark Brnovich: New polling data is just in... and this race is still within the margin of error! Felicia Rotellini and her liberal special interest supporters have spent over $1 million attacking Mark and doing everything they can to buy this race. But they have failed. They've taken their best shot, and Mark is not only still standing -- he is slightly ahead! That is great news, but with just over two weeks left until Election Day we need your help to
hold that lead. This race is so close that every dollar could be the difference between winning and losing. your contribution will make a huge difference
· Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey: As the first ballots of the general election were being cast, our campaign added several endorsements and a new coalition to our broad base of support. We also participated in the fifth and final debate of our campaign and closed out the education leg of our Freedom and Opportunity Tour. On Tuesday, my opponent and I debated the issues most important to Arizona's women leaders at the Arizona Women's Forum and Charter 100 debate. This week, we concluded the education leg of our Freedom and Opportunity Tour with a stop at an excelling Tucson school that serves a high proportion of low-income students and by releasing the results of our Freedom and Opportunity survey on education. DEBATE: The survey results released by Ducey on Thursday included responses from more than a thousand Arizonans. The survey asked, "What do you think is most important to ensure our education system creates opportunities for all Arizona kids?" "A focus on results: an education that creates opportunity" was the most popular response with 38 percent of the vote. It was followed by "Getting money where it belongs: into the classroom" at 36 percent and "Spending less on administration and bureaucracy" at 28 percent. Tomorrow at 4:00 p.m., we'll be hosting a tele-townhall where we'll be taking questions and talking about the foremost issues facing Arizonans. Join us toll-free by dialing 877-229-8493, PIN: 112568. I'm proud of the great week we've had as voting began, but there's a lot of work left to do. Please be sure to mail in your ballot if you are voting early and talk to at least five friends who haven't yet cast their vote and ask them to support our campaign.
· Attorney General Mark Brnovich: Special call nights - Tonight was phone banking with the ASU College Republicans. Next Monday night is a Young Professionals for Mark Brnovich phone bank. Nnext Tuesday night is a Women for Mark Brnovich phone bank. All weeknight phone banks run from 5-8 pm and Saturday phone banks run during the afternoons. Please RSVP to claim a slot in one of these upcoming phone banks Thank you for everything! Contact: email@example.com
· LD6 House Incumbent Brenda Barton: Lately I've been thinking of our future and what I can do today to improve tomorrow. I've noticed that we often seem to get stuck going election to election and not looking at the horizon ahead. Recently I have been reflecting on our children's future and have taken action on ways we can leave to them a state in which they can enjoy a sound economy and live freely; the answer is education and the land. It's amazing what you think about on those long beautiful drives through our district. Late last week I teamed up with three other representatives and we launched an initiative that will directly benefit our children. I know you want our education dollars going directly to the classroom and that's exactly what our ACT-Additional Classroom Time for kindergartners initiative is designed to do. I'm excited about this! When signed into law next year, our proposed legislation will guarantee that every public elementary school kindergartner in the state of Arizona will have the opportunity to receive universal, additional classroom time. You know, these additional hours on the front end of our children's education will pay off when taking the 3rd grade reading achievement test. Our goal is that our legislation will inspire leadership both in the Arizona House and Senate, to work collaboratively with our newly elected governor on identifying the court-ordered $317 million in inflation funding while delivering a valuable academic program to all of Arizona’s kindergartners. While not required, we will encourage school districts and charter schools to use a portion of the inflation funding, ordered by the Arizona Supreme Court, to pay for the additional instruction required. [you can learn more by clicking here]
· LD6 House Candidate Brenda Barton: Looking to the future, I have been thinking about our lands and the state we will be leaving to our children. Again, it's the long drives between communities in our breathtaking district that inspire such reflection. Last week I met with dozens of other elected officials from across the western United States in Salt Lake City at the American Lands Council Conference, where a Public Policy Statement was drafted that I'd like you to read. Everyone agrees that here in America, when we work constructively and independent of party lines, we can achieve the outcomes that are a win-win for those we represent and be financially responsible to those who pay the bills- you the taxpayer. Earnestly working together, we can create a thoughtful plan and stop policies that pick winners and losers. Our people, our environment, and our state economies have much to benefit from improved public land management at the local and state level. This is a roadmap, not an overnight event, and there will be careful thought and research given to this journey as we move forward. As I have told you, those long drives between Flagstaff and Snowflake or Payson allow for some serious reflection time to consider the future we will be leaving to our children. Early voting is underway, please encourage your friends and neighbors to mail back their early ballots and vote for me and my seat mates, Sylvia Allen and Bob Thorpe.
· Secretary Of State Candidate Michele Reagan: I am very excited to share with you that our campaign has released our first Spanish language television commercial of the campaign – narrated by State Representative Lydia Hernández of Legislative District 29.The all-Spanish language ad, which is being broadcast on Univision and cable television this week, is part of a Hispanic voter outreach program launched by my campaign. In the commercial, Representative Hernández highlights the need to have a Secretary of State with a track record of working on bipartisan solutions and passing legislation benefitting Arizona’s diverse population. The Secretary’s Office is one which must protect the integrity of each and every voter in the State of Arizona. The practice of ballot harvesting occurring in Arizona is manipulating peoples’ voice and their vote.In addition to the commercial, my reform plan also available in Spanish on my website. I want the Hispanic Community to know they play an equally important part in our democratic process under a Reagan administration. Watch the commercial now, in English or in Spanish
· CD1 Candidate Andy Tobin: The Tobin campaign launched a new robocall campaign Thursday designed to educate Arizona’s seniors on Ann Kirkpatrick’s admission that she supports tax increases and benefit alterations with Social Security. (Listen here.) Tuesday night in Marana, Ann Kirkpatrick said that she supported raising the cap on contributions, which would mean more taxes for Arizona’s families and businesses. (Arizona Daily Star) She also said she supported altering the formula used to pay out the hard-earned benefits for seniors. “Ann Kirkpatrick finally admitted to the voters on Tuesday that she will have no problem voting for a plan that would raise taxes on Arizonans and take an axe to the current formula that pays seniors their hard-earned benefits,” campaign manager Bill Cortese said. “Andy Tobin believes in preserving the promise of Social Security and leaving seniors’ benefits alone, and he refuses to raise taxes even further on Arizona’s hard-working families and small businesses.” Robocall transcript: I’m calling with the Andy Tobin for Congress campaign to make sure you heard what our Congresswoman Ann Kirkpatrick said the other night at a debate about Social Security. After all the wasteful spending Kirkpatrick and President Obama have done in Washington, now they want to pay for it all on the backs of our seniors. Kirkpatrick said she supports raising Social Security taxes, which would hit hard working Arizonans and small businesses. And she supports a risky plan that would change the Social Security benefit formula. Andy Tobin opposes Kirkpatrick’s irresponsible Social Security plan and will take the lead in Congress to protect both Social Security and Medicare. Andy Tobin opposes raising the retirement age, cutting benefits and raising taxes on seniors. The choice in this election is pretty clear. Kirkpatrick is just wrong for Arizona and for seniors. Contact Tobin at 928-607-3802.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
The Yavapai County Republicans Annual Oct 17 Oktoberfest TNT Fundraiser will be held at The Grill at Stoneridge Golf Course, 1601 N. Bluff Top Dr., Prescott Valley, AZ 86314. Cocktails – 5 pm. Dinner/program 6-9 pm. Speakers: Congressman David Schweikert and Dr. Lyle J. Rapacki of Sentinel Intelligence Services. $65 per person or $130 per couple to sit with one of the guest speakers. State Treasurer Candidate Jeff DeWit will be master of ceremonies. Raffle and live auction. Tickets available now. RSVP at (928) 776-4500 or go online to Oktoberfest. Be sure and state the names of your guests and if you want to sit with a guest, mention his name in the Comments section. If you have anything to donate to the fundraising auction, contact the Yavapai office by Fri, Oct 10 at www.yavgop.org
· The Pima GOP Unity Rally is scheduled from 5:30-8:30 pm, Oct 17. Bring a chair or blanket for seating. Free refreshments, entertainment. Kids welcome. Udall Park Amphitheater, 7200 E Tanque Verde Rd, SE Corner Tanque Verde/Sabina Canyon.
· The NRA Women Summit will be held Oct 17-19 in Middleburg, VA. Panelist include Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin, Tennessee Rep Marsha Blackburn, organizer of the conservative "War On Women" campaign Carly Fiorina, co-host of CNN's Crossfire S.E. Cupp, journalist and on-air host Dana Loesch, and, TownHall.com blogger and author Katie Palvich, among others. Contact: Addie Crimmins at 703-267-1580 or acrimmins@NRAHQ.org for reservation.
Congressman Paul Gosar will speak at 9 am, Oct 17 at the Community Job Fair scheduled at the Mohave Community College, 3400 Hwy 95, Rm 600 in Bullhead City. The fair runs from 9 am until noon. Contact Cristy Crow at 928-763-1145 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A Fundraiser for Candidates Malba Alvarez and David Lara is scheduled at a5 pm, Fri, Oct 17 in San Luis at the San Luis Sports Bar, 1914 E. Juan Sanchez Blvd (on the far east side of town) in Yuma. $15 donations. Contact: Lorna Brooks 928-317-9120 :email@example.com
· The Crossroads of the West Gun Show is scheduled from 9 am-5 pm, Oct 18- and from 9am-4 pm, Oct 19 in the Glendale Arena. Free parking.
· Arizona State Rifle and Pistol Association one-day gun show is scheduled Oct 18 at the Ben Avery Shooting Range.
The Fountain Hills Republican Club will meet at 9 am, Sat., Oct 18 in the FH Community Center, 13001 N. La Montana Drive, to hear AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. Doors open at 8:30 am. Contact: Nancy Ordowski firstname.lastname@example.org
The First Annual Liberty Amendment ‘States United Balanced Budget Initiative Arizona’ symposium is scheduled between 10am-4 pm, Sat., Oct 18 at the Hilton El Conquistador, 10000 N Oracle Road., Tucson. Reception – 4:30. Dinner – 6 pm. Master of Ceremonies – James T. Harris. Evening speakers include national columnist Mychal Massie and Dr. Jake Jacobs. Others speakers include Congressmen David Schweikert and Paul Gosar, Constitutionalist Shane Krauser, Tucson Liberty Watch Host Charles Heller, Educator Jeff Utsch, AZ Reps Steve Smith and Bob Thorpe, Attorney General Tom Horne, Attorney Nick Dranias, CA Assemblyman Tim Donnelly, former Graham county Sheriff Richard Mack, Author Dr Elroy, Mike Gibbs – Center for Self Governance, and Author Shawn Cassidy. States United Balanced Budget Initiative Arizona (SUBBIAZ) & Compact for America RSVP: www.compactforAmerica.org
· The Sonoita-Elgin Tea Party has scheduled its second annual Liberty Dinner at 5 pm, Sat., Oct 18 at the Hotel Hilton Conquistador, 10,000 N. Oracle Road, Tucson. Guest of Honor: Dorothy Woods, widow of Navy Seal Ty Woods – who perish during the attack in Benghazi. Tickets: libertydinner2014.eventbrite.com Contact: LibertyDinner@gmail.com or 520-977-7946
· Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio will speak at 11:30 am., Mon, Oct 20 at a fundraiser for LD4 Senate candidate Constance Uribe at the Shilo Inn, 1550 Castle Dome.
· The College Republicans At Embry Riddle in Prescott will be hosting Town Hall for Congressman Paul Gosar at 6 pm, Oct 20 in the Student Union - Lower Hangar on campus at Embry-Riddle (3700 Willow Creek Road Prescott). Contact: Joey Cilano, President - College Republicans at ERAU and Vice-President - Yavapai County Young Republicans.
· The Sun City Republican Club will hold their Oct 20 Meeting at 6:30 pm, in the Sundial Center, 14801 N 103rd Ave., Sun City AZ 85351 to hear guest speakers address Prop 480 – that will create the third largest tax increase in the history of the state. Refreshments will be served.
· Trevor Lakey of Heritage Action will be leading the discussion on “What To Expect With A Republican Senate And How To Mobilize Social Media To Reach Your Goals” during the 6:30 pm, Mon, Oct 20 Arizona Project meeting at 3375 E Shea Blvd, Phx. Chr Ronald Ludders 602-677-1496.
· Jim Click, Matt Gleason, Jonathan Paton, Mick Rusing, Christine Toretti & Jim Weaver Invite you a reception in support of attorney general candidate Mark Brnovich between 5:30-7:30 pm, Mon., Oct 20 in the Tucson Country Club, 2650 N Camino Principal, Tucson, AZ 85715. Co-Chair $2,000, Host Committee $1,000, Individual Tickets $250. Business Casual Attire. Contact: Amilyn Pierce at 602-708-8980 or Jess Yescalis at 602-400-5683. RSVP to email@example.com or 602-708-8980To donate, CLICK HERE
Sheriff Joe Arpaio Will Be Speaking at fundraiser for Dr. Connie Uribe at the Yuma County Republicans at noon, Mon., Oct 20 at The Shilo Inn. $25 per person/lunch. RSVP Sec. Lorna Brooks 928-317-9120 :firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Fountain Hills AZ Tea Party (3rd Tues) will meet at 6:30 pm, Tues., Oct 21 in the Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd. (Palisades Blvd. & Golden Eagle Blvd.) Speakers include Attorney General candidate Mark Brnovich and Arizona Corporation Commission candidates Doug Little and Tom Forese. Free admission. Donations welcome. Contact: Chairman Richard Rutkowski email@example.com or www.fhteaparty.org
· The Surprise Tea Party Patriots will meet on Tuesday, October 21 from 6:30 to 8:00 pm at the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W. R H Johnson Blvd. Dr. Michael Farris will be the featured speaker via Skype. Farris is the head of the Convention of States Project and will speak on this topic. www.surpriseteapartypatriots . There will be no Nov 3 meeting. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio will speak at the Nov 18 meeting.
· The LD4/Estrella Conservative Republican Club (4th Wed) will meet ata 7 pm, at Estrella Foothills High School, 13033 S Estrella Parkway, Goodyear, 85338. 6:30 pm meet and greet. Look for the banner directing you to the correct building on the campus. Contact LD 4 Chr Fred Amator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 623-980-6007 or for The Estrella Conservative Republican Club contact Richard Newcomer, email@example.com or 602-512-1340.
· Former Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney, Senator Jeff Flake, Secretary of State Ken Bennett, former Mesa Mayor Scott Smith and radio talk show host Hugh Hewitt will attend 7:30 pm, Thurs., Oct 23 reception to show support for gubernatorial candidate Doug Ducey. Gathering at the Mesa Convention Center, 263 N Center St., Mesa, AZ 85201. Free tickets available online. Get Tickets Online
· Gov Mitt Romney Will Be Featured At A Reception For Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey Thurs., Oct 23 at the Home of Darcey and Karl Huish, Highgrove Estates, 4122 East McLellan Road, #15, Mesa, AZ 85205. VIP Reception with Photo opportunity 5:45 p.m. $1500. General Reception 6:15 p.m. $250 per person. Casual Business Attire, RSVP by Tues, Oct 21 to Tammy Wold Tammy@lovasco.com or Emily Pitha Emily@lovasco.com Host Committee as of Oct 13: Peggy & Fred Ash, Anne Hamilton Bark & Richard Bark, Lisa & Hon. Stan Barnes, Nichole & Hon. Denny Barney, Hon. Ken Bennett, Lori & Jeff Blandford, Alexandra & Joseph Chaplik, Doug Cole, Julie & Dave Colton, Beth & Chad Coons, Chuck Coughlin, Nan & Webb Crockett, Cheryl & Hon. Jeff Flake, Susan & Paul Gilbert, Dawn & Hon. John Giles, Karen & Richard Gulbrandsen, Erin & Scott Harkey, Diana & Dr. Karl Hiatt, Darcey & Karl Huish, Sally & Luke Narducci, Verna & John Perkinson, Jordan & Jason Rose, Nancy & Hon. Matt Salmon, Heather & Dr. Paul Sandstrom, Karen & Ryan Sandstrom, Hon. Scott Smith, Susan & Donald Sutherland, Wendi & Maury Tanner, Adam & Michelle Tuton, James D. Tuton, Holly & Jeff Whiteman, Christi & Hon. Bob Worsley.
· The Colorado River Tea Party will meet at 6 pm, Thur., Oct 23 at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E Hwy 95. Speaker: Yuma Community Liaison US Customs/Border Patrol Office Lee Pooley www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
· Fact Check: What-We-Were-Told-About-Ebola John McCain claimed on a Sunday talk show that “we were told there would never be a case of Ebola in the United States.” Not exactly. U.S. health officials, early in the outbreak, said it was highly unlikely, but we could not find any instances of them saying it would never happen. At a July 28 press briefing concerning the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention official Stephan Monroe said the virus “poses little risk to the U.S. general population.” But, he added, “it’s possible that someone could become infected with the Ebola virus in Africa and then get on a plane to the U.S.” Monroe called this scenario a “very remote possibility,” but he didn’t say it could never happen, as the senator claimed.
· FactCheck_- republicans-pave-way-to-all white-future? Even Senator John McCain has surrendered. A steadfast supporter of immigration reform with a pathway to citizenship, McCain essentially acknowledged yesterday in Georgia that his party's anti-immigration forces have demolished any hope of soon legalizing the roughly 11 million undocumented immigrants in the U.S. McCain's assessment is as unimpeachable as it is irrational. In an interview with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, he said that, "I understand now, especially in my home state of Arizona, that these children coming, and now with the threat of ISIS … that we have to have a secure border."
· Phx Councilman Sal Diciccio: Prop 487 Stop Pension Abuse
· Russian Roulette Duval Cochaired
· Horne-Concedes-Sex-Marriage-Ruling-Applies-Arizona But Mandate Needed
· Norovirus-Outbreak-In Kyrene-De-La-Colina-Ele-School 100 Stay Home
· Voter Fraud in Arizona's 2014 Election? You be the Judge. Video and more. Find out what this thug was saying to A. J. LaFaro, the Chairman of Maricopa County Republican Party. WARNING: Very foul language.
· Voting on Judges on Election Day: Nov. 4, 2014. There are two schools of thought on how to vote. To which one do you adhere?
· Sylvia Allen's Views on Education. “The Arizona General Fund budget spends 51% on education. In the last three years, those dollars have increased.
· Exposed: The Secret Agenda Behind Ebola No One Is Talking About And Dallas To Activate Emergency Plan And Restrict Freedoms By Declaring State Of Disaster Over Ebola – What That Means For The Locals …
ARIZONA FREEDOM ALLIANCE
· AZGOP financial reports filed/ AZ Sec of State azsos.gov/cfs/FilerDetail
· FEC filing fec.gov/r/CandidateCommitteeDetail/
· Gov Perry Calls For Travel Ban From Ebola Outbreak Countries Outlines New Recommendations On Disease Preparedness And Response
· Savage: They-Dont-Know-Ebola-From-Shinola Urges Obama, CDC Chief To Emulate African Nations Restricting Travel
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2NoBorder News Watch
· For All Those Who Want To Take Away Guns For “Complaint” Of Domestic Violence Or Mental Illness
· Americans Aren’t Drinking The Kool-Aid On Loss Of Property Rights