- ► August (18)
- ► July (33)
- ► June (24)
- ► May (26)
- ► April (29)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (28)
- ► December (20)
- ► November (25)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (30)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ▼ October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
October 3, 2014
· MCRC Chairman A. J. LaFaro – regarding State Committeemen: "There is always confusion about the State Committee and State Committeemen. They are different organizations and the AZGOP Precinct Committeeman Handbook has them combined; therefore is incorrect. State Committeemen are elected on a one for three PC basis and their sole mission is it attend the State Meeting and elect state officers, vote on state bylaws and resolutions and elect three members from each Congressional District to serve on the State Committee." 16-825. State committee: The state committee of each party shall consist, in addition to the chairman of the several county committees, of one member of the county committee for every three members of the county committee elected pursuant to section 16-821. The state committeemen shall be chosen at the first meeting of the county committee from the committee's elected membership. At this writing, our official records indicate Maricopa County has 2,764 PCs - thus we are estimating an allocation of 921 State Committeeman plus the County Chairman. LD elected officers are not automatically state committeemen. They have to run for state committeemen just like their PCs do. Contact: LaFaro at email@example.com
· The Women 2 Women Panel starts at 9 am., Oct 4 at the Arizona Biltmore, 2400 E. Missouri Ave., Phx. Speakers: Lisa Atkins, Sarah Chamberlain, and NC Rep Renee Ellmers. RSVP) RSVP here
· Russell Pearce Is Offering 10 Free Tickets to the Dennis Michael Lynch event at 7 pm, Sat., Oct 4. Pearce has his radio show and cannot attend. First come, first serve. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-703-6700 .
· Senator Ted Cruz And Family Research Council President Tony Perkins will address the Annual Family Research Council Tucson banquet at 6:30 pm, Sat., Oct 4 at the La Paloma Resort, 3800 E. Sunrise Drive, Tucson. $100pp. RSVP: 800-225-4008 or email@example.com
· A Walk For LD18 House Candidate Jill Norgaard is scheduled at 8:30 am, Sat., Oct 4 starting at Sun Ray Park, 4059 E Ray Road, Chandler. Norgaard providing coffee, orange juice, water bottles, and donuts. After the walk, please meet up at the East Valley Victory office, 1600 W Chandler Blvd., Suite 150, Chandler, AZ 85224 for lunch, featuring sandwiches from Jimmy John's, plus chips, soda, water, and cookies.
· Yuma County Republicans:
o A phone bank is being set up to call registered voters on behalf of Republican candidates. Contact Jonathan via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Headquarters at 317-9120 if you'd like to help out.
o Oct 4 – Walk Somerton with candidate information. Meet at 8 am at the Jack in the Box in Somerton.
o Oct 5- 10:30 am. Clean YCR HQ. Bring a rag ora roll of paper towels. Help is needed!
o Oct 8 – 5-6 pm, CD8 incumbent Paul Gosar Meet & Greet at HQ.
o Oct 10 – 7-9 pm, Meet & Greet Republican candidates at the Main Squeeze. Hosted by Rio Colorado Republican Women.
· The Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), an all-volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization, could use the help of some volunteers at the Oct 4 and 5 Tucson Gun Show. Contact: Cap Lund – 520 270-4554 or email@example.com
· Congressman Matt Salmon: Special thanks to Jim Boyle in Mesa, who showed me around his dairy this month. This tour gave me an excellent opportunity to discuss various federal regulations affecting agriculture and business, and focus on the real-life impact they have on our local farmers.
· Long-time GOP Activist Phil Mason: The biggest thieves are the in-house hirelings who have sold out any commitment to educate our students for personal financial gain. The Auditor General chronicles their sorry record in the Dollars to the Classroom report. The latest report published in February shows that diversion of funds away from the classroom (that includes teacher salaries) to the tune of $600+ million every year. As to the funding from the legislature, the same report from the Auditor General documents that AFTER accounting for inflation, the legislature has appropriated an increase of over 6% per pupil funding since 2001. While student counts are down almost 100,000, the number of classified managers has increased by nearly 30% statewide. My school district has increased classified managers by more than 130% while the student count has decreased by 14%. Their thefts are grand larceny while the media and AEA tries to make a case for laying the deficiencies at the legislature. Sorry, no sale. how to steal from school kids? First get elected
· Phoenix City Councilman Bill Gates will host a ‘Mix and Mingle’ between 5-7 pm, Wed., Oct 8 at the event with Councilman Gates Salute Ristorante Italiano, 13216 N 7th St # B2, Phoenix, AZ 85022 with Ken Vonderscher, Deputy Director of Parks Department . Vonderscher will discuss the current state of our Preserves and Parks system and damage resulting from our Monsoon Season. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure enough space has been reserved for this event.
· The College Republicans At Emery Riddle in Prescott will be hosting Town Hall for Congressman Paul Gosar at 6 pm, Oct 20 in the Student Union - Lower Hangar on campus at Embry-Riddle (3700 Willow Creek Road Prescott). Contact: Joey Cilano, President - College Republicans at ERAU and Vice-President - Yavapai County Young Republicans.
· IncumbentLD22 Senator Judy Burges and Reps David Livingston and Phil Lovas have received an A rating from the National Rifle Association (NRA). Their Democrat challengers received C’s and D’s. That certainly tells you where these candidates stand on the Second Amendment.
· Congressman David Schwiekert has chosen two winners in this photo contest. First place winner is Tracy Mescha. Second place winner is Howard Myers sunset photo. Mescha’s photo is displayed on the website and Mayers photo is as Schweikerkt’s Facebook Timeline photo.
· CD3 Candidate Gabby Saucedo-Mercer needs to send out some targeted campaign postcards to put her over the top in her congressional seat race with incumbent Dem Raul Grijalva. The problem is that despite running an extremely frugal campaign there has been ZERO financial help the National Republican Party; all the attention is going to CD 1 and to CD 2. Help Gabby beat the most liberal Congressman in the U.S., Raúl Grijalva. Send Gabby $14 for 2014 ($14 will help her reach 28 more voters by mail). We will send Raúl into early retirement! Contribute at: www.saucedomercer.com. Contact CD 3 Maricopa County Coordinator Andrew Costanzo email@example.com or 480 677-0697 for volunteer opportunities.
A fundraising reception for Secretary of State candidate Michele Reagan is scheduled from 5:30-7:30 pm, Thur., Oct 9 at the home of Maria and Dr. Mark Syms, 6032 E Lincoln Dr., Paradise Valley 85253. Co-hosts include Bill Montgomery, Kate Brophy McGee, Ben Quayle, Barbara Leff , Jini Simpson, Shawnna Bolick, Katie and Jeffy Cobb, Max Fose, Lee Miller, Dan Tapia and Lori Urban. RSVP: Chris@voteReagan.com
· Congressman Matt Salmon: Before Congress adjourned in September, we took action on bills to help America, but unfortunately a budget was not among them. The House passed a Continuing Resolution to fund the government through early December and two bill packages that would empower job creators, fuel economic growth, and increase domestic energy production and independence. Read more about those votes here. celebrate-the-constitution
· The Latest Debate Between Supt Of Public Education Candidate Diane Douglas and her Dem counterpart can be seem at our recent debate on KAET
· The Pima County Republican Club Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am, Tues, Oct 7 at the Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd. Lunch $11.
· Continental School Board Candidate Sergio Arellano will address the Brown Bag Lunch Series at the Green Valley Republican Headquarters at noon, Thur., Oct 7 at the Green Valley Village, Suite 70, 101 S. La Canada, Green Valley.
· Congressman Matt Salmon: Hacienda HealthCare is a medical provider that treats chronically ill and medically fragile children. Currently they operate six facilities and are beginning construction on a new children’s hospital in Mesa. The new facility will offer 24 rooms and provide new opportunities for Hacienda to help our local community. I was able to say a few words at the groundbreaking last week.
· LD22 Has Created A Committee to help write potential legislation for the upcoming legislation session. Send ideas to LD22 First Vice Chair Tom Platt firstname.lastname@example.org
· Congressman Matt Salmon: My staff was on hand at the City of Gilbert’s September 11th Remembrance Ceremony. We will never forget the events of that day, or the destruction wrought upon Arlington, New York, and Shanksville. May God grant those who lost their lives eternal rest.
· Ben Wick Will Teach Four Free US Constitution Classes on Oct 9, 16, 21, 28 at the Catalina Foothills Church in Tucson. To register, contact the church.
· The First Annual Liberty Amendment ‘States United Balanced Budget Initiative Arizona’ symposium is scheduled between 10am-4 pm, Sat., Oct 18 at the Hilton El Conquistador, 10000 N Oracle Road., Tucson. Reception – 4:30. Dinner – 6 pm. RSVP: www.compactforAmerica.org
· Congressman Matt Salmon: From the day Andrew Tahmooressi was first arrested, I have been doing everything in my power to secure his release. So far, I’ve taken two trips to visit him (one in May and one in June), spoken on his behalf to members of the Mexican government, and kept in constant contact with his mother, Jill. Six months have passed since he was first incarcerated for what amounts to a wrong turn and the State Department's repeated assurances that things are moving in the right direction are no longer enough. I had to take action and introduce Andrew to Congress and to the world. This week, I convened a hearing to address his current condition and his inability to access the PTSD treatment he so desperately needs. Congress adjourned on September 19th, but I believe we have a duty to fully support our veterans. I convened a special hearing this week to investigate Sergeant Andrew Tahmooressi’s situation in Mexico, and was joined by members from across the United States who flew back to Washington especially for this hearing. We discussed the reasons he was incarcerated, his treatment, and the efforts underway to bring him home. We were fortunate to have witnesses very familiar with Andrew's struggle. A full recap of the hearing, as well as testimony and statements, is available at the committee’s page. subcommittee-hearing-sergeant-andrew-tahmooressi-our-marine-mexican-custody
· Pima County Chairman Carolyn Cox offers www.pimaGOP.org to research candidates and propositions.
· See the 2014 Ballot Measures at general/ballotmeasures
· Congressman Matt Salmon: As we close out the summer, I’ve been fortunate to be able to spend time meeting with constituents across the East Valley and seeing firsthand the dedicated leaders and entrepreneurs that make Arizona’s fifth district such an amazing place to call home. It is an honor to serve you in Congress and I look forward to seeing you in Arizona.
· The Pima GOP Unity Rally is scheduled from 5:30-8:30 pm, Oct 17. Bring a chair or blanket for seating. Free refreshments, entertainment. Kids welcome. Udall Park Amphitheater, 7200 E Tanque Verde Rd, SE Corner Tanque Verde/Sabina Canyon.
· The Pima County Republican Women’s Club presents social hour with the candidates at 5 pm, Thur., Oct 9 at McMahon's Steakhouse, 2959 N. Swan Road, Tucson. Free event. RSVP to email@example.com
· The Oro Valley Republican Women’s Luncheon will be held at 11:30 am, Fri., Oct 10 at the El Molinito Restaurant, 10180 N. Oracle Road, Oro Valley. Speaker Constitutional scholar Jeff Utsch. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org
· The LD 11 Clean Elections Debate in support of Sen candidate Steve Smith and House candidates Vince Leach and Mark Finchem will begin at 6 pm, Tues., Oct 15 at Pima Community College, NW Campus, 7600 N. Shannon Rd., Tucson.
· Congressman Matt Salmon: On September 5, 1989, the Town of Queen Creek was incorporated. I was fortunate to spend time with friends and residents as we remembered the struggles the town has overcome and the accomplishments that make it what it is today. Queen Creek is truly a hidden treasure of the East Valley.
· The Pima County GOP Phone Banking Team (AZGOP Get-Out-The-Vote Effort) is operational at Pima GOP Headquarters, 5447 E 5th St, Tucson, AZ 85711 (520) 321-1492.
o Monday (10am-5pm)
o Tuesday (10am-8pm)
o Wednesday--DUCEY NIGHT! (10am-8pm)
o Thursday (10am-8pm) ALRA Noche de Llamadas (5-8pm)
o Friday (10am-8pm)
o Saturday (Noon-8pm)
o Sunday (Noon-8pm)
Call ahead to the GOP Office (321-1492) or (647-1951). Let us know you are coming so we can plan staffing and refreshments. Contact: John Lesko, Pima County Republican Party 4th Vice Chairman email@example.com, (520) 647-1951
· Congressman Matt Salmon: The American Institute of Trucking offered me the opportunity to see the extensive training truck drivers undertake on their road to certification. I congratulate AIT for providing a dependable avenue to new job opportunities and thank them for the time they spent with me.
· The Arizona Republican Party Needs Volunteers To Staff Offices five days a week throughout the state. Volunteers needed for:
o Data entry
o Neighborhood walks on Oct. 11th
o Phone call banks
o Social media voices
· Congressman Matt Salmon’s Staff will be at the Neighbors Who Care Headquarters, 10450 East Riggs Road, Suite 113, Sun Lakes, AZ 85248 from 10-11:30 am, Wed., Oct 8 to get help dealing with the federal government and navigating the bureaucracy. Call (480) 699-8239.
· Congressman Paul Gosar’s Schedule:
o Tues, Oct 7, 8 am, Tempo Urban Bistro & Coffee Bar, 21067 W. Main St.,
o Wed., Oct 8, 5 pm, Yuma GOP HQ, 276 S. Orange Ave., Yuma
· Congressman Matt Salmon: After Gina Johnson’s fifth child, David, was born with Down syndrome, she founded Sharing Down Syndrome Arizona in an effort to raise awareness and secure funding for research. Her organization hosts the annual Sharing Down Syndrome Walk every September. Today, Sharing Down Syndrome Arizona counts over 3,000 members in its ranks. Gina is a truly inspirational mother and dedicated advocate for those with Down syndrome.
· Call The White House (202) 456-1111 , and your Senators or Representatives. Let them know how you feel about the amnestry, Sharia Law, ObamaCare, Gun Control or anything else that’s on your mind.
· The Pinal County Victory Office, 111 West Florence Blvd., Casa Grande, AZ 85122 is open from 10 am-5 pm, Mon-Fri and from 10 am -4 pm, Sat. under the management of Dallin Forrest firstname.lastname@example.org. Doug Ducey for Governor yard signs are ready for pick up. If you need i360 training call Teresa Ottesen Binder at 602-397-2007.
· AZGOP Victory Offices Where You Can Pick Up Signs, Literature, Etc.
o AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N 24th St., Phoenix.
o Casa Grande, 111 W Florence Blvd.
o East Valley, 1600 W Chandler Blvd., Suite 150, Chandler
o Flagstaff, 2625 S Woodlands Village Blvd., Flagstaff.
o Globe, 424 Broad Street
o Oro Valley, 1171 N Rancho Vistoso Blvd, #103. 605-321-6224
o Payson, 719 S Beeline Rd., Payson
o Prescott , 112 Union St., Prescott
o Sun City, 10050 W Bell Rd., Ste. 26, Sun City
o Tucson, 1740 E Fort Lowell, Ste. 120, Tucson
o Tucson, 5447 E 5th St., Tucson.
· Pima County Dist 1 Board Of Supervisors Supervisor Ally Miller Town Halls:
o Oct 6, Mon., 6 pm., Kirk-Bear Canyon Library, 8959 E. Tanque Verde.
o Oct 9, Thurs., 6 pm, Dusenberry Library, 5605 E. River Rd.
o Oct 23, Thur., 6 pm, Wheeler Taft Abett Library - 7000 N. Schisler Dr.
o Oct 30, Thur., 6pm, Nanini Library - 7300 N. Shannon Rd..
Contact: (520) 724-2738 or email@example.com.
· Arizona National Committeeman Bruce Ash GOODARD_1014v90—ASH.mp3
· The Tucson Mayor And Council Has Appointed A Charter Review Committee to make recommendations regarding possible changes to the City of Tucson Charter. They will meet at 4 pm, Oct 6 in the Tucson City Hall, 1st Floor Mtg Rm, 255 W. Alameda Street. Comments can also be submitted at: firstname.lastname@example.org Information: email@example.com/boards
· October 6 Is The Last Day To Register to vote in the Nov 4 general election. Register online here. Early ballots will be mailed on October 9.
· Scroll down to the Calendar of Events for daily listing of Republican and Conservative Activities.
· Destroying Political Signs is a Class 2 Misdemeanor (ARS 16-1019 –political signs http://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/01019.htm ) if caught and prosecuted. If you see someone destroying or messing with Republican political signs for candidates in the General Election in Maricopa County, please photograph them and take the photos to the victims or send them to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey: There are lots of opportunities to volunteer before early voting starts on Oct. 9th. Sign up to volunteer today!
o We kicked off the week with an ice cream social at campaign headquarters with Gov. Jan Brewer..
o On Sunday night, Fred DuVal and I debated education on Fox 10. I have been so encouraged by the positive feedback from teachers and parents who share my goal of getting more money into the classroom, supporting teachers and new technology. Monday night, was the Clean Elections debate, where we discussed a variety of issues and my plan of action to create opportunity for all Arizonans.
o Team Ducey continues to grow various coalitions of support, and we welcome you to join: Veterans for Ducey. We released a web video with our co-chairs Rick Romley, former Maricopa County Attorney, Vietnam veteran, Purple Heart Medal recipient, 2007 Arizona Veterans Hall of Fame inductee and national Outstanding Disabled Veteran in 2001; and Sergeant R.J. Mitchell II, U.S. Marine veteran who served two tours in Operation Iraqi Freedom, and is a recipient of the Navy Cross and three Purple Heart medals. Hispanics for Ducey. The coalition is co-chaired by Tony Astorga and David Farca.
Yesterday, New Jersey Governor and Republican Governors Association (RGA) Chairman Chris Christie traveled to Phoenix to campaign with us. He stopped by a phone bank where we had more than 60 volunteers making calls, and later joined us at a fundraiser.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· An Evening with Dennis Michael Lynch at 7 pm, Sat., Oct 4 at the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts, Virginia Piper Theater, 7380 N. Second St., Scottsdale. Contact: RSVP: http://dennismichaellynch.eventbite.com or call Jim O’Connor at 602-538-9387 for tickets.
· The LD21 Neighborhood Walk is scheduled between 8-11 am, Oct 4 starting at the GOP Victory office at 10050 W. Bell Road, #26, Sun City . After the walk we'll have lunch together which will be provided by our candidates. Contact Lisa Gray: 623-340-8173 or email@example.com
· Paradise Republican Women’s Club has free tickets to distribute to the 7 pm, Oct 4 Dennis Michael Lynch who scheduled at the Scottsdale Center for the Arts, 7380 N 2nd St., Scottsdale. Call Joan Parker 480-502-6885 for tickets. Tickets made possible by PRWC Member Liz Alcorn and the sponsor she secured.
· Walk With LD18 House Candidate Jill Norgaard:
o Sat., Oct 4 - Specifics to be announced.
Sat., Oct 11 - Specifics to be announced.
o Fri., Oct 17 – 6-8 pm, Voting and Boating at the home of Captain Ted and Laura. Light refreshments will be served.
· The Colorado River Tea Party candidate forum is scheduled between 1-4 pm, Sat., Oct 4 at the Arizona Western College - 3C bldg.(enter at far left door), 2020 South Ave 8 E (E.24th St.& Av. 8E)
· CD 3/LD 19 Precinct Walk - Join CD 3 Candidate Gabby Saucedo Mercer and LD 19 Senate Candidate Joseph Hobbs on Sat, Oct 4. Meet at 8:30am and walk from 9am until noon. Meet at the KFC located at the NE corner of W. Indian School Road and N. Dysart Road in Avondale (13006 W. Indian School Rd). We will walk Palmbrook and Devonshire Precincts in LD19 in Avondale. Wear comfortable patriotic clothing and bring water. Don't worry if you have never done this before, we will team you with someone who has. In 2014, victory is all about Republican voter turnout; Your candidates need your help! Contact Andrew Costanzo at firstname.lastname@example.org 480 677-0697 or LD 19 Chairman, Cherie Scott, email@example.com.
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8:30 am, Sat., Oct 4 at the SCW Foundations Bldg (Quail Rm), 14465 R H Johnson Blvd, Sun City West, AZ. Coffee/donuts at 8 am, $2 donations to cover costs. Speaker: Congressman Trent Franks, who serves on the Armed Services and the Judiciary Committees and is and Chairman of the Missile Defense Caucus and Congressional Electromagnetic Pulse Caucus. Franks will take questions from floor after his presentation.
· The Surprise Tea Party Has A Limited Number Of Free Tickets for
An Evening with Dennis Michael Lynch at 7 pm, Sat., Oct 4 at the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts, Virginia Piper Theater, 7380 N. Second St., Scottsdale. Contact: Bernard Paluch BPaluch777@aol.com or 623-466-8370.
· Senator Ted Cruz Will Address The Family Research Council Dinner at 6:30 pm, Sat., Oct 4 at the Westin la Paloma Resort, 3800 E Sunrise Drive in Tucson. Private reception with Cruz and Tony Perkis for sponsors and table hosts at 5 pm. Dinner - $100 per person. $1,000 for host table of 10. Seating limited. RSVP by Oct 1 to events staff at 1-800-225-4008 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Colorado River Tea Party Candidate Forum is scheduled from 1-4 pm, Sat., Oct 4 at Arizona Western College which will be broadcast live on KCYK , Outlaw Country, 1400 on the radio dial. All candidates will be invited.
· Political Activist Carlos Alfaro will discuss ‘Knowledge Works
God's Politics -- How Faith Influences Political Thought’ at 5:30 pm, Oct 4 at Windfield’s Coffee in Old Town Scottsdale. See CarlosAlfaro@live.com
A Stand with Israel Rally is scheduled by ‘Concerned Women for America (CWA) and former Gov Mike Huckabee from 2-4 pm, Oct 5 in Washington DC. www.cwalac.org
· A LD27 Candidates Meet And Greet is planned at 5 pm, Oct 5 at the home of Jim and Kelley Tucker, 1306 E Pedro Road, Phx. Meet LD27 Senate candidate Natalie Taswell, and LD27 House candidates Myron Jackson and Jose Tello. Accepting donations. RSVP to Kelley email@example.com
· Oct 6 - LD20 (1st Mon) (except May & Nov) 7 pm. Washington Elementary School District Office, 4650 W Sweetwater Rd, Glendale. Oct 6, Nov 17, Dec 8. Chr Ray Malnar firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Lincoln Republican Women Will Meet For Dinner Mon., Oct 6 at the DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Paradise Valley-Scottsdale, 5401 N Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale AZ, 85250 (On Scottsdale Rd. between Chaparral and Jackrabbit Rd. East side of the street). $28 per person. Spouses invited. 5:30 pm - Meet and Greet. 6 pm - Meeting/ Dinner. 6:30-7:30 pm, Program - City of Scottsdale Council Candidate Debate with candidates Cindy Hill, Kathy Littlefield, Linda Milhaven, Jennifer Petersen, Dennis Robbins & David N. Smith. Reservations: Call Judy Eisenhower 480-941-8162 or email@example.com or Pat Kaufman at 480-368-2777 firstname.lastname@example.org Checks payable to the Lincoln Republican Women’s Club at: Judy Eisenhower , 7915 E. Sage Dr. , Scottsdale, AZ 85250 480-941-8162.
· The League Of Women Voters And AZ Public Media Political Forums are scheduled at the Proscenium Theatre, West Campus of Pima CC, 2202 W Anklam Road, Tucson. Free tickets must be ordered in advance.
o Oct 6, 7:45 pm, Arizona Corporation Commission Candidates.
o Oct 8, 6:30 pm, Supt of Public Instruction Candidates
o Oct 8, 7:45pm, Secretary of State Candidates.
o Oct 9, 6:30 pm, Gubernatorial candidates.
· Operations Enduring Gratitude will receive 10% of the Oct 6 dining receipts from Salsa Blanca, 20221 N 67th Ave., #E-7, Glendale. http://www.salsablancagrill.com (In the Legends Shopping Center NE corner of 67th Ave & 101 Dine in or take out – phone 623-376-6270 . See flyer Fundraiser or Www.OperationEnduringGratitude.Org OEG Founder Charlie Ellis 480-678-0938 www.TeamOeg.Com OEG was founded to express deep appreciation for the dedicated and noble service of our Veterans and their families through a humanitarian and cooperative housing reparation program. The organization is comprised of Veterans, volunteers, and local community. Businesses serving Veterans and their families that are in distress by repairing their homes and help them rebuild their lives.
· Wickenburg Mayor John Cook will address the problems with BLM attempts to close Box Canyon near Wickenburg with the Surprise Tea Party Patriots at 6:30 pm, Tues., Oct 7 in the Grand Canyon Room at the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W R H Johnson Blvd. Sun City West, AZ 85375. A new BLM mandate will close the Box Canyon of the Hassayampa River to cattle grazing and motorized access during spring and summer months. Implantation of the motorized and cattle closure will not go in effect until May of 2015.This is the only natural water play area for the Wickenburg locals during the summer .
· Rhonda King Will Hostess A Meet And Greet at 6 pm, Tues., Oct 7 for CD3 candidate Gabby Saucedo Mercer , LD4 Senate candidate Dr. Connie Uribe and LD4 House candidate Richard Hopkins at her home, 9901 S. San Marco's Circle, Goodyear 85338. Light refreshments will be served. Contact: Andrew Constanza 480 677-0697.
· A Meet And Greet For Tony Salcido, Casa Grande Union High School District School Board, is scheduled 8 am, Tues, Oct 7 at the Big House Café, 104 E. 4th St., Casa Grande. RSVP: Carlos at 520-631-0102 or Greg at 520-251-0671.
· A Fundraiser For Secretary Of State Candidate Sen Michele Reagan will be held at 5:30 pm, Tues., Oct 7 at the home of Maria & Dr. Mark Syms, 6032 E Lincoln Drive, Paradise Valley AZ. Host committee consists of Ben Quayle Barbara Leff, Jini Simpson, Kate Brophy McGee, Bill Montgomery, Vickie & Vernon Vaughn, Jay Heiler, Lee Miller, Katie & Jerry Cobb and Lori Urban. Parking on 60th and 61st off Lincoln Dr. RSVP to Wendy@KyleMoyer.com All contributions are welcome.
· A Meet And Greet Will Be Held at 6 pm, Tues., Oct 7 for CD3 candidate Gabby Saucedo Mercer , LD4 senate candidate Dr. Connie Uribe and LD4 House candidate Richard Hopkins at the home Rhonda King, 9901 S. San Marco's Circle, Goodyear 85338.
· Phx City Councilman Tom Simplot and Retired Budget Director Cathy Gleason will speak at a Special COPRA Meeting at 1 pm, Tues, Oct 7, at the Washington Activity Center, 2240 West Citrus Way, Phx. (23rd Ave/Glendale). Simplot and Gleason co-chair the Phoenix Citizens for Pension Responsibility. They will discuss the negative impact Proposition 487 will have on pensions. See Prop 487 fact sheet Click Here
· LD18 ( 2nd Wed) 7 pm . 6:30 social, Clarion Hotel, 5121 E La Puente Ave, Phx, AZ, 85226 (NW corner of I-10 & Elliot Rd). Chr David Bushman 480-734-6555.
· Congressman Paul Gosar will host a meet & greet at Yuma County Republican headquarters at 5 pm, Oct 8 at 276 S. Orange Ave., Yuma, AZ 85364
(between Mr. G's and the Heritage Library). Contact YCR Secretary Lorna Brooks 928-317-9120 email@example.com
· The Arrowhead Republican Women’s Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am, Wed., Oct 8 at the Briarwood Country Club, 20800 N. 135th Ave., Sun City West. Lisa Atkins, who was instrumental in assisting the effort to bring the F-35 to AZ, is the speaker. Check in at 10:45 am. Reservations due at 5 pm, Fri., Oct 1. RSVP Arrowhead Republican Women Political friends and AzFRW dignitaries welcome. If you wish time to speak, contact President Bonnie Hochberg firstname.lastname@example.org
· Author And Firearms Expert Alan Korwin will take his new program about interacting with the news media to the 6:30 pm, Tues., Oct 8 Daisy Mountain Tea Party in the Anthem Civic Bldg, 3701 W Anthem Way. Free admission. Donations accepted.
· Meet And Greet With Your CD 3 And LD 4 Candidates: Gabby Saucedo Mercer for Congress and Richard Hopkins for the Arizona House, on Wed, Oct 8 starting at 6 pm. Hosted by Duncan and Son Lines, 23860 West US Highway 85, Buckeye, AZ 85326. Contact Richard Hopkins, email@example.com or Andrew Costanzo, 480 677-0697, firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Bloody-Battles-Within-The-GOP “…Sadly, Censorship Had No Impact On The Arrogant McCain, As He Continued To Vote Liberal And Thumb His Nose At Arizona Voters. Our Only Hope Was That He Would Do The Right Thing And Retire. “
· Gusse, Farrell Battle On Ethics Charges City Of Maricopa Brouhaha
· Remembering-A-Good-Mom Laurie Roberts