- ► March (17)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (28)
- ► December (20)
- ► November (25)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (30)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ▼ October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
October 6, 2014
· CANCELLED: The Oct 7 Meet And Greet Is Cancelled For Gabby Mercer, Richard Hopkins And Connie Uribe due to a death in the family of the event hostess Rhonda King. The event will be rescheduled after the funeral.
· CANCELLED: Phoenix City Councilman Bill Gates Oct 8 Mix And Mingle event at Salute has been cancelled due to a death in the family. Mix/Mingle will be rescheduled in November.
· The Arizona Freedom Alliance Team: On the issue of documenting what is said at meetings regarding the AZGOP financials, LDs also post their financial reports on the appropriate government sites. But LDs make it public at their meetings what their financial status is and has written financial statements to back it up. We don't expect everyone to have to go do that kind of research to find out what should be revealed at the monthly meetings. AZGOP should provide written financials at every meeting. It's their fiduciary duty, in our view, and removes all doubt about what is going on. Sunshine is the best disinfectant against rumors. See arizonafreedomalliance.watching-the-elections/
· Editor’s Note: Posting the financial reports to the AZGOP web site where they can be easily accessed would stop a lot of the speculation, rumors and concerns that have been circulating for some time. Last night and again today, Briefs requested the “specific” links to the financial reports on the AZGOP recommended web sites - www.fec.gov and www.azsos.gov. At posting time this evening, Briefs does not have a response. – Frosty Taylor- Editor.
· LD22 PC Bernard Paluch: Please tell all posters that links must be complete, and to the exact page where the information will be found. No one should have to search within a site for the info being sought. These links are worthless. (AZGOP financial reports posted on www.fec.gov and www.azsos.gov) Editor’s Note: For reader convenience and lack of time to search through the various tabs on theses two web sites, Briefs twice within the past 24 hours, requested the exact links to this information. Perhaps we’ll have it tomorrow.
· While Most Candidates Running For Public Office advance to the general election by winning their respective primary, another group of people gain access to the ballot by gathering 3% of registered voters’ signatures in a particular district and office for which they are running. In this year’s general, there are five such candidates in Arizona, according to the Secretary of State’s office. Similar to other candidates on the ballot who will have their party affiliation listed next to their name, i.e. REP, DEM, etc., “General Independent Candidates” will have a three-letter abbreviation taken directly from their certificate of nomination, or specifically chosen by the candidate. In one such case, Congressional candidate José Peñalosa will have (JOS) listed next to his name on the ballot. For more information on General Independent Candidates and the November 4th General Election visit the Secretary of State’s website at: http://bit.ly/1wg5pll.
· All GOP Candidates Are Invited To Participate in the Run Against Trafficking 5K Run/Walk between 7:30-10:30 am, Sat, Oct 25 at Reach 11 Sports Complex in Phoenix. Event emcee is Mike Broomhead from KFYI. Proceeds are benefiting over 20 non-profits working to combat sex trafficking in Arizona thanks to Gov Jan Brewer's leadership on the issue. Go to www.RATraceAZ.org or email Andrea@RATraceAZ.org to reserve a campaign table or set-up a team of walkers. Contact: LD24 PC Andrea Evans 602-448-5959
· LD23 Has Rented Space For A Republican Get Out The Vote (GOTV) office at 7047 E. Greenway Parkway, Suite #250, Scottsdale, AZ 85254 (across from Barnes & Noble at Kierland). Anyone interested in volunteering in the office should contact Lori Urban at 480-221-9633 or firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling. Help is needed to stuff flyers for neighborhood walkers, writing out post cards and making phone calls.
· Today Briefs Posts The First Of A Three-Part Series written by national columnist Joanne Moudy about three of the Chibok girls who escaped after being kidnapped from their school along with 276 classmates in April. Moudy spent several days in Washington with three of the 60 girls who got away. See the first of this series: up-close--personal-5-days-with-the-girls-of-chibok Retired military, Moudy is an author, a top-rated Townhall columnist townhall.com/columnists/joannemoudy and an Arizona PC. email@example.com (623) 582-2666
· Super Saturday Is Scheduled Oct 11 For The Statewide GOTV effort with the goal of reaching 300,000 voters in one day. Republican volunteers will be walking neighborhoods and make voter calls from a nearby Victory Offices or from their homes. AZGOP is providing walk books, call books and candidate slate cards. Contact: Lisa Gray at SuperSaturday@azgop.org or visit www.AZGOP.org/super-saturday
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club will meet at 9 am, Sat., Oct 18 in the FH Community Center to hear AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. Doors open at 8:30 am. Contact: Nancy Ordowski firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club Social is scheduled at 6 pm, Tues., Oct 28 at the El Encanto off Saguaro. Contact: Nancy Ordowski email@example.com
· The Fountain Hills Election Night Rally is scheduled at 7 pm, Tues, Nov 4 in the Fireside Grill at the Lexington Hotel. It’s time to renew your membership. Individual $15 or $20 per family. Contact: Nancy Ordowski firstname.lastname@example.org
· Voters Can Watch CD2 Candidate Martha McSally debate Dem incumbent Ron Barber at 6 pm, Tues., Oct 7 during the Arizona Public Media PVS Ch6 by tuning to NPR Ch. 89.1 FM, or watch live at azpm.org email@example.com (520) 488-4610 www.McSallyForCongress.com
· The AZGOP Has Asked Arizona Republican Lawyers Association (AzRLA) to provide Nov 4 Election Day Operations. Attorney volunteers are needed throughout the state to ensure the vote is properly administered. AzRLA will provide a training seminar for attorneys between 4:30-6 pm, Tues, Oct 14 at Snell and Wilmer, 400 E. Van Buren Street, Suite 1900. Parking available at the garage on 5th Street and Fillmore. Reimbursements for costs available for attorneys who volunteer to travel to other counties, AzRLA members are urged to volunteer for this very important task.
· Sen John McCain Participated In A Roundtable On Arizona’s Impact on US Global Leadership during a session with Arizona State University President Michael Crow, U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Administrator Raj Shah, Intel Foundation Chair Shelly Esque, and Glenn Hamer, President & CEO, Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The discussion, sponsored by the U.S. Global Leadership Coalition and ASU, and moderated by former Arizona Congressman Jim Kolbe, focused on how America’s efforts abroad drive innovation and economic growth for Arizona. Last year, Arizona exported more than $19 billion in goods and services to foreign markets, and trade supported more than one-in-five jobs in the state, making U.S. international engagement a strategic issue for the community.
· The Yuma County Republicans is hosting a meet & greet with Congressman Paul Gosar between 5-6 pm, Wed., Oct 8 at YCR headquarters.
· The Rio Colorado Republican Women are hosting a meet and greet for Republican candidates between 7-9 pm, Oct 10 at the Main Squeeze (on Main).
· LD30 Senate Candidate Gary Cox And LD20 House Candidates John Lyon And Michael Gidwani will take on the three Dem incumbents at the Clean Elections debate at 6 pm., Thurs., Oct 9 at Glendale Civic Center / Diamond Ballroom / 5750 West Glenn Drive, Glendale, AZ 85301. Free and open to the public. "The three incumbents declined to answer the Center for Arizona Policy candidate questionnaire voter guide. See www.azvoterguide.com to find your candidates who support your issues. I will question with boldness, hold to the truth, and speak without fear as your public servant." - Michael A Gidwani, AZ House Candidate LD30 www.facebook.com/gidwaniazhouse
· The Black Mountain CommunityAssociation will meet at 6:30 pm., Wed., Oct 8 for a presentation on ‘How To Protect Yourself And Your Family – by Police officer Sgt. David Lake at the Deer Valley Community Center - Senior Center Multi-purpose Room, 2001 West Wahalla Lane, Phoenix, AZ 85027. Free crime prevention items. Refreshments. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Trevor Loudon, New Zealand Author And Political Researcher, will speak to the Grassroots Tea Party at 6:30 pm, Wed., Oct 15 at the Brand New Church, 1827 W Grovers Ave., Phx (19th Ave/Grovers) . Loudon is the author of “The Enemies Within: Communists, Socialists and Progressives in the U.S. Congress”
· All Precinct Committeemen (PCs) from the past term elected or appointed that did not run for PC are no longer PC's. The only PCs the Legislative Districts (LDs) and MCRC have are the ones elected in the August 26 Primary. That said, ALL current LD Executive Officers retain their office until the LD organizational meetings in November and December when the new elections are conducted. In essence LD officers complete their term of office they were elected to. – MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro
· CD3 Candidate Gabby Saucedo-Mercer needs to send out some targeted campaign postcards to put her over the top in her congressional seat race with incumbent Dem Raul Grijalva. The problem is that despite running an extremely frugal campaign there has been ZERO financial help the National Republican Party; all the attention is going to CD 1 and to CD 2. Help Gabby beat incumbent Grijalva aka the most liberal Congressman in the US. Send Gabby $14 for 2014 ($14 will help her reach 28 more voters by mail). Help send Grijalva into retirement! Contribute at: www.saucedomercer.com. Contact CD 3 Maricopa County Coordinator Andrew Costanzo email@example.com or 480 677-0697 for volunteer opportunities.
· Yuma County Republicans:
o A phone bank is being set up to call registered voters on behalf of Republican candidates. Contact Jonathan via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Headquarters at 317-9120 if you'd like to help out.
o Oct 8 – 5-6 pm, CD8 incumbent Paul Gosar Meet & Greet at HQ.
o Oct 10 – 7-9 pm, Meet & Greet Republican candidates at the Main Squeeze. Hosted by Rio Colorado Republican Women.
· The Pima County GOP Phone Banking Team (AZGOP Get-Out-The-Vote Effort) is operational at Pima GOP Headquarters, 5447 E 5th St, Tucson, AZ 85711 (520) 321-1492.
o Monday (10am-5pm)
o Tuesday (10am-8pm)
o Wednesday--Ducey Night! (10am-8pm)
o Thursday (10am-8pm) ALRA Noche de Llamadas (5-8pm)
o Friday (10am-8pm)
o Saturday (Noon-8pm)
o Sunday (Noon-8pm)
Call ahead to the GOP Office (321-1492) or (647-1951). Let us know you are coming so we can plan staffing and refreshments. Contact: John Lesko, Pima County Republican Party 4th Vice Chairman email@example.com, (520) 647-1951.
· The Sun Lakes Republican Club will feature "Islam and Jihad" at its 6:30 pm, Tues., Oct 14 meeting in the Arizona Room of the Sun Lakes Country Club, 25601 N. Sun Lakes Blvd., Sun Lakes, AZ 85248. The public is invited. Dr. Carl Goldberg will address the Koran and the writings of the most respected Islamic religious authorities as to what these Islamic sources say about human rights, freedom of speech, anti-blasphemy laws, Sharia law, the role of the Koran, the role of Muhammad, and the status of non-Muslims and women, among other issues. This presentation on the ideological nature of Islam is focused on what non-Muslims need to know about Islam and why to make sense out of what is going on in the world today, including Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Iran, Turkey, Egypt, Syria, Israel, and the United States. Former Sen Jonathan Paton, the Chairman of YES on Proposition 122, will discuss the ballot measure that will assures that our state and local taxes don't pay for bad laws passed in Washington, D.C. LD17 Senator Steve Yarbrough will provide an update on AZ elections. Contact: Mike Tennant, 480-802-0178. www.slgop.org
· See the 2014 Ballot Measures at general/ballotmeasures
· Call The White House (202) 456-1111 , and your Senators or Representatives. Let them know how you feel about the amnestry, Sharia Law, ObamaCare, Gun Control or anything else that’s on your mind.
· AZGOP Victory Offices Where You Can Pick Up Signs, Literature, Etc.
o AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N 24th St., Phoenix.
o Casa Grande, 111 W Florence Blvd.
o East Valley, 1600 W Chandler Blvd., Suite 150, Chandler
o Flagstaff, 2625 S Woodlands Village Blvd., Flagstaff.
o Globe, 424 Broad Street
o Oro Valley, 1171 N Rancho Vistoso Blvd, #103. 605-321-6224
o Payson, 719 S Beeline Rd., Payson
o Prescott , 112 Union St., Prescott
o Sun City, 10050 W Bell Rd., Ste. 26, Sun City
o Tucson, 1740 E Fort Lowell, Ste. 120, Tucson
o Tucson, 5447 E 5th St., Tucson.
· Scroll down to the Calendar of Events for daily listing of Republican and Conservative Activities.
· Destroying Political Signs is a Class 2 Misdemeanor (ARS 16-1019 –political signs http://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/01019.htm ) if caught and prosecuted. If you see someone destroying or messing with Republican political signs for candidates in the General Election in Maricopa County, please photograph them and take the photos to the victims or send them to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent events or announcements to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally has released a new ad showing why she's the best candidate to defend against growing threats. The ad highlights McSally's extensive national security experience, including leading oversight of counter-terrorism operations in Africa and six deployments to the Middle East and Afghanistan. The ad contrasts her experience with Ron Barber's poor record of skipping multiple national security hearings and being asleep at the switch when threats to the A-10 were made known. "There's no question that Martha is the best candidate to lead on keeping our country and community safe," said McSally Campaign Spokesman Patrick Ptak. "She has a firsthand understanding of threats we face and can lead efforts in Congress to defend Southern Arizona's critical military assets. Ron Barber, on the other hand, showed he doesn't have a clue when he skipped critical hearings on protecting Davis-Monthan and addressing ISIS terrorists. He was asleep at the switch when the A-10 was placed on the chopping block, showing he just can't be trusted to protect our national defense." McSally's understanding of critical national security issues has been widely recognized. In its endorsement of McSally last week, the Arizona Republic lauded her "genuinely solid grasp of foreign policy and national security." McSally served 26 years in uniform, retiring as a full colonel, and has earned two masters degrees focused on national security. She also served as a professor of National Security Studies at the George C. Marshall Center.
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally released a new Spanish-language ad that talks about her middle class upbringing by a single mother and shows her dedication to helping others succeed. The ad is McSally's third Spanish-language spot of the year, showing her campaign's continued focus on connecting with Hispanic voters. "Like many in Southern Arizona, Hispanic families are feeling the squeeze from Washington and are looking for a leader who will fight for them," said McSally Campaign Spokesman Patrick Ptak. "Martha knows what it's like to have to overcome obstacles. She was raised by a single mother and understands the struggles middle class families are going through. That's why she's dedicated to expanding opportunity, improving education, and helping others succeed. At a time when Washington politicians have shown how out of touch they are, Martha will be an independent leader fighting for us." The McSally Campaign has placed a strong focus on reaching out to Hispanic voters. The Campaign was one of the first in the country to air a Spanish-language TV ad during the World Cup and has been active on other Spanish-language mediums such as radio and print. McSally also has been active on finding solutions to the issue of rising education costs, recently holding a higher education roundtable to bring together members of the community on the issue.
· CD9 Candidate Wendy Rogers campaign has issued its first TV ad against Democrat Kyrsten Sinema. “Kyrsten Sinema is wrong for Arizona. From her recent votes on Guantanamo Bay to her past record as an anti-war activist, Kyrsten Sinema is consistently weak on defense. Kyrsten Sinema’s record speaks for itself. A former member of the radical anti-war group the Arizona Alliance for Peaceful Justice, she wrote as recently as 2006 that she ‘will always continue to oppose war in all its forms,’ according to The Hill. She even advocated for the closure of Luke Air Force Base, one of our nation’s top fighter pilot training bases, which is located right here in Arizona,”said Wendy Rogers. “The only way to keep our nation secure is for our leaders to demonstrate they'll take decisive action to defend our nation. Kyrsten Sinema has completely failed this test. She has no credibility in defending our nation. When asked if our nation should go after ISIS, Kyrsten Sinema dodged the question saying she'd ‘requested a classified briefing’ and would have to ‘carefully evaluate the information’ before she could decide. Our enemies can smell weakness and lack of resolve. They can read the signals loud and clear from a congresswoman who openly opposes war for any reason and has voted to transfer terrorists out of Guantanamo Bay. She has made a mockery of our national security. She even led an anti-war protest in a tutu.”The ad exposes Kyrsten Sinema’s weak record on defense, including the following: In May 2014, Kyrsten Sinema voted in favor of an amendment which would have allowed the government to transfer suspected terrorists from Guantanamo Bay to criminal jails on U.S. soil and provided for trials under federal or state courts rather than military tribunals. In June 2014, Kyrsten Sinema voted against an amendment which would have defunded federal efforts to release suspected terrorists currently imprisoned at Guantanamo Bay.
· CD9 Candidate Wendy Rogers: This week, Early Ballots go out in the mail to Arizona's voters. As of today, I am up on TV. Check out our latest TV ad to learn why I’m running to represent the 9th District, and please chip in $250, $100, $50, or more to help us keep this ad on the air through Election Day. As one of the first 100 female pilots in the U.S. Air Force, I learned the importance of leadership and service. Kyrsten Sinema, on the other hand, has never led a day in her life. I’m running because I’ve dedicated my life to serving our nation, and look forward to being a leader in Congress.To keep this ad up, I need your help. Help me keep our new television ad on the air through Election Day by donating $250, $100, $50, or more now.
Less than a month until we’re celebrating victory!
· Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey: In a few short days, hundreds of thousands of Arizonans will receive their ballots in the mail and begin casting their votes for governor. It's important that we connect with as many of those voters as possible in these next critical days. Please join our volunteer team today -- just a couple hours of your time could help make the difference for Doug in November. Sign up now to volunteer. Doug is giving this race his all, and we need to give him ours!
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
· The Surprise Tea Party Patriots Will Meet At 6:30 Pm, Tues., Oct 7 in the Grand Canyon Room at the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W R H Johnson Blvd. Sun City West, AZ 85375. Wickenburg Mayor John Cook will address the problems with BLM attempts to close Box Canyon near Wickenburg A new BLM mandate will close the Box Canyon of the Hassyampa River to cattle grazing and motorized access during spring and summer months. Implantation of the motorized and cattle closure will not go in effect until May of 2015.This is the only natural water play area for the Wickenburg locals during the summer .
· The Pima County Republican Club Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am, Tues, Oct 7 at the Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd. Lunch $11.
· Continental School Board Candidate Sergio Arellano will address the Brown Bag Lunch Series at the Green Valley Republican Headquarters at noon, Thur., Oct 7 at the Green Valley Village, Suite 70, 101 S. La Canada, Green Valley.
· Congressman Paul Gosar’s Schedule:
o Tues, Oct 7, 8 am, Tempo Urban Bistro & Coffee Bar, 21067 W. Main St.,
o Wed., Octo 8, 5 pm, Yuma GOP HQ, 276 S. Orange Ave., Yuma
· A Meet And Greet For Tony Salcido, Casa Grande Union High School District School Board, is scheduled 8 am, Tues, Oct 7 at the Big House Café, 104 E. 4th St., Casa Grande. RSVP: Carlos at 520-631-0102 or Greg at 520-251-0671.
· A Fundraiser For Secretary Of State Candidate Sen Michele Reagan will be held at 5:30 pm, Tues., Oct 7 at the home of Maria & Dr. Mark Syms, 6032 E Lincoln Drive, Paradise Valley AZ. Host committee consists of Ben Quayle Barbara Leff, Jini Simpson, Kate Brophy McGee, Bill Montgomery, Vickie & Vernon Vaughn, Jay Heiler, Lee Miller, Katie & Jerry Cobb and Lori Urban. Parking on 60th and 61st off Lincoln Dr. RSVP to Wendy@KyleMoyer.com All contributions are welcome.
· Phx City Councilman Tom Simplot and Retired Budget Director Cathy Gleason will speak at a Special COPRA Meeting at 1 pm, Tues, Oct 7, at the Washington Activity Center, 2240 West Citrus Way, Phx. (23rd Ave/Glendale). Simplot and Gleason co-chair the Phoenix Citizens for Pension Responsibility. They will discuss the negative impact Proposition 487 will have on pensions. See Prop 487 fact sheet Click Here
· LD18 ( 2nd Wed) 7 pm . 6:30 social, Clarion Hotel, 5121 E La Puente Ave, Phx, AZ, 85226 (NW corner of I-10 & Elliot Rd). Chr David Bushman 480-734-6555.
· Phoenix City Councilman Bill Gates will host a ‘Mix and Mingle’ between 5-7 pm, Wed., Oct 8 at the event with Councilman Gates Salute Ristorante Italiano, 13216 N 7th St # B2, Phoenix, AZ 85022 with Ken Vonderscher, Deputy Director of Parks Department . Vonderscher will discuss the current state of our Preserves and Parks system and damage resulting from our Monsoon Season. RSVP to email@example.com to ensure enough space has been reserved for this event.
· Congressman Matt Salmon’s Staff will be at the Neighbors Who Care Headquarters, 10450 East Riggs Road, Suite 113, Sun Lakes, AZ 85248 from 10-11:30 am, Wed., Oct 8 to get help dealing with the federal government and navigating the bureaucracy. Call (480) 699-8239.
· Congressman Paul Gosar will host a meet & greet at Yuma County Republican headquarters at 5 pm, Oct 8 at 276 S. Orange Ave., Yuma, AZ 85364
(between Mr. G's and the Heritage Library). Contact YCR Secretary Lorna Brooks 928-317-9120 firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD23 (2nd Thurs) will meet Oct 9 at the Fountain Hills Learning Center. Sign-ins begin at 6 pm.
· The Arrowhead Republican Women’s Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am, Wed., Oct 8 at the Briarwood Country Club, 20800 N. 135th Ave., Sun City West. Lisa Atkins, who was instrumental in assisting the effort to bring the F-35 to AZ, is the speaker. Check in at 10:45 am. Reservations due at 5 pm, Fri., Oct 1. RSVP Arrowhead Republican Women Political friends and AzFRW dignitaries welcome. If you wish time to speak, contact President Bonnie Hochberg email@example.com
· Author And Firearms Expert Alan Korwin will take his new program about interacting with the news media to the 6:30 pm, Tues., Oct 8 Daisy Mountain Tea Party in the Anthem Civic Bldg, 3701 W Anthem Way. Free admission. Donations accepted.
· Meet And Greet With Your CD 3 And LD 4 Candidates: Gabby Saucedo Mercer for Congress and Richard Hopkins for the Arizona House, on Wed, Oct 8 starting at 6 pm. Hosted by Duncan and Son Lines, 23860 West US Highway 85, Buckeye, AZ 85326. Contact Richard Hopkins, firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrew Costanzo, 480 677-0697, email@example.com.
A Fundraising Reception For Secretary Of State Candidate Michele Reagan is scheduled from 5:30-7:30 pm, Thur., Oct 9 at the home of Maria and Dr. Mark Syms, 6032 E Lincoln Dr., Paradise Valley 85253. Co-hosts include Bill Montgomery, Kate Brophy McGee, Ben Quayle, Barbara Leff , Jini Simpson, Shawnna Bolick, Katie and Jeffy Cobb, Max Fose, Lee Miller, Dan Tapia and Lori Urban. RSVP: Chris@voteReagan.com
A fundraiser for Scottsdale City Council candidates Linda Milhaven, Dennis Robbins, and Jennifer Petersen will be held at 5:30, Thurs., Oct 9 at the Valley Ho, 6850 E Main St., Scottsdale.
· Ben Wick Will Teach Four Free US Constitution Classes on Oct 9, 16, 21, 28 at the Catalina Foothills Church in Tucson. To register, contact the church.
· The Pima County Republican Women’s Club presents social hour with the candidates at 5 pm, Thur., Oct 9 at McMahon's Steakhouse, 2959 N. Swan Road, Tucson. Free event. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Oro Valley Republican Women’s Luncheon will be held at 11:30 am, Fri., Oct 10 at the El Molinito Restaurant, 10180 N. Oracle Road, Oro Valley. Speaker Constitutional scholar Jeff Utsch. RSVP email@example.com
· The AZGOP Super Saturday Statewide GOTV effort is scheduled Oct 11 effort with the goal of reaching 300,000 voters in one day. Walk neighborhoods and/or call voters from a Victory Office or from home. AZGOP can provide walk books, call books and candidate slate cards. Contact: Lisa Gray at SuperSaturday@azgop.org or visit www.AZGOP.org/super-saturday
· The Ninth Annual Arizona Citizens Defense League’s meeting will be held from Noon to 4 pm, Oct 11 at the Sheraton Crescent in Phoenix to hear Rev.Kenn Blanchard, author of Black Man With A Gun Seating will begin at 11 am. Open carrying of holstered firearms is appreciated. Tickets at online store for $20 each. Life members - contact firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets. Ticket deadline – Sept 27. No tickets at the door.
· Alan Korwin’s “The Cartridge Family’ will perform at the Oct 11 AzCDL Annual Banquet. The annual mtg doors open at 11 am.
· Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL) Is Raffling Three sound suppressed pistol packages (Ruger 22/45.22 caliber pistol with threaded barrel) at it’s annual meeting scheduled Oct 11 in Phoenix. AzCDL will pay the $200 Federal Transfer Tax required for suppressor ownership, for qualified winners. Only 900 tickets have been printed and each ticket represents 3 chances to win. Tickets are $10 each and can be purchased at gun shows and other events where AzCDL has a table. Tickets may also be purchased at AzCDL’s online store (scroll near the bottom).
· The Paradise Republican Women’s Club will meet at 11 am, Sat., Oct 11 at Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale AZ 85258. 10:30 social, noon – lunch. Speakers: Western Regional Coordinator - Heritage Action for America Trevor Laky, Libre Initiative Arizona Carlos Alfaro, and Former State Rep Jonathan Paton on November's Ballot Propositions. Paid reservations required. Click here for online payment - October Lunch. Checks payable PRWC with menu choice by October 8th. Mail to: Paradise Republican Women, PO Box 14425, Scottsdale AZ 85267. www.prwc.org
· Mark Walters of Armed American Radio will be broadcasting from Alan Korwin’s office for three hours on Oct 12. Details here http://armedamericanradio.org/
· Generals-Blast-Obamas-Order-Of-Troops-To-Fight-Ebola 'The Purpose Of Our Soldiers Is To Fight A War, Not Medical Battles'
ARIZONA FREEDOM ALLIANCE
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2NoBorder News Watch
· A Teen From The Chicago Area Was Arrested At O'Hare International Airport Over The Weekend And Accused Of Attempting To Provide Aid To ISIS, The U.S. Attorney's Office For The Northern District Of Illinois Announced Today.