- ► June (29)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ▼ December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
December 30, 2014
· McCain Wages 'All-Out War' To Rid Arizona GOP Of Tea Party …Arizona GOP Sen. John McCain's team is on a campaign to rid the Arizona Republican Party of tea party officials, replacing them with allies to the senator in advance of an expected bid for a sixth term in 2016. According to Politico. which spoke to nearly a dozen sources, McCain's team has been working with strategists and fundraisers across the country to undermine the standing of conservatives in his state who could pose a challenge to his political future.
· McCain’s Big Purge By Alex Isenstadt
· Speaker Elect David Gowan: Officer Jacob Stewart of the Flagstaff Police Department was shot and killed as he responded to a domestic violence call over the weekend. Officer Stewart had served as a Flagstaff police officer for less than one year. “My thoughts and prayers go out to Officer Stewart’s family and friends as they cope with this tragic loss,” said Gowan. Officer Stewart was 24 years old when his life was unnecessarily taken, and is the first Flagstaff police officer killed in the line of duty in nearly 15 years. “This tragedy serves as a sad reminder of the dedication and heroism that our first responders demonstrate each and every day.”
· An MCRC PC questions: Why is the official Arizona Republican Party Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ArizonaGOP/photos_stream being used to promote Robert Graham's reelection campaign? The official AZ GOP Facebook page posts 12 official endorsements for Robert Graham & 1 promoting his campaign website. That is
ü Why would he think this is a good idea?
ü Why would any good AZ GOP team member think this is a good idea?
Some of us prefer seeing AZ GOP things on the AZ GOP page & campaigning on a campaign page. On 12/16, the AZ GOP Facebook page posted about Robert Graham launching a separate campaign website, but after that post, there's been 4 more Robert Graham endorsements posted on the AZ GOP page.
ü Is this 'how things work?'
ü Is this official protocol?
ü If a presently-serving AZ GOP official is running for reelection, then they get to use the AZ GOP Facebook page to double as a campaign platform?
ü Is this or should this & other related 'Internet etiquette' aka 'common sense on the Internet' issues be brought up of/by/for the bylaws & become part of the bylaws, establishing official protocol for how official AZ GOP, MCRC GOP, & LD Internet platforms -- namely, websites & social media -- may be used for official biz?
Just positively wondering, wishing, & working to make the AZ GOP the best it can be.
· Former AZGOP Chairman Tom Morrissey: thatssaulfolks: why-ted-cruz This is a link to a very interesting article written by a fellow former member of the RNC Saul Anuzis - who I got to know in 2011. What he writes is worth a few minutes of your time because it addresses a core issue and problem as we move toward the next presidential election and the massive challenge we face with the looming campaign of Hillary Clinton. Saul states the facts about what we must do if we are to save this great nation as he describes the attributes of this man, Ted Cruz. I, for one, have been hoping a true conservative would arise to take on the Clinton Machine and once and for all not only defeat it, but crush it. In so doing, that would bring conservatism back into main stream America the way Ronald Reagan did prior to and during his presidency. Please take time to read this article, it could open your eyes and your mind. It did mine.
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham has responded to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro and AZGOP Candidate Lori Uban’s request that he provide the same AZGOP lists that he is using for his campaign to his challenger to Urban. Graham says he is out of town but upon his return on Wednesday evening , he will provide a “partial list” to her. He notes that the AZGOP doesn’t have a complete contact list (of state committee) for Mohave and Yavapai Counties.
· Rev Clyde Bowen, Chairman of the AAARC, has announced that the third Emancipation Proclamation Observance Day of Thanksgiving Event scheduled at noon, Jan 1, 2015 at East Lake Park, 16th St. and Jefferson St. Phoenix, has been moved inside due to incoming weather predictions. Same location. Contact Bowen: firstname.lastname@example.org or 602 274-5439.
· The Maricopa County Republican Committee’s Credentials, Tally, and Proxy Check Training for the upcoming MCRC Statutory Meeting is scheduled at 9 am, Sat., Jan 3 (2 hours) at the AZ GOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Refreshments provided. Online access to training available (contact Dan Grimm at email@example.com)
· Volunteers are needed Sat., Jan 3 to help with packet stuffing at AZGOP HQ for the Jan 10 MCRC Statutory Meeting. Lunch provided at 11:30 am. Packet stuffing beings at 1 pm. (four hours). Contact: Dan Grimm firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 480-570-8570.
· A Reception For LD25 Sen Steve Pierce Of Payson is scheduled 5 pm., Wed., Jan 7 at the CIBO Carriage House, 603 N. 5th Ave., Phx. Suggested contribution $150. RSVP to Amilyn Pierce email@example.com or 602-708-8980.
· The Arizonans for Border Control will host Border Patrolman Peter Bidegain at 2:30 pm., Sat., Jan 3 at the Himmel Park Library, 1035 N Treat Ave., (L block S of Speedway, 2 blocks of Tucson Blvd.,), Tucson. Bidgain will address the reopening of Organ Pipe National Park since it was closed in 2003 following the murder of Forest Ranger Kris Eggle and other illegal immigration issues See January to mark Organ Pipe’s first tours of entire park since 2003
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club will meet at 9 am, Jan 17 to elect new officers for the next two years. The slate of candidates consists of
o President – C T Wright
o First Vice Pres – Rosemary Hansen
o Second Vice Pres – Leona Johnston
o Third Vice Pres – Shari Morris
o Secretary – Boe James
o Treasurer – Nicole Oswald Walters.
Nominations will also be accepted from the floor. No proxy voting. Contact: Pres Tait Elkie (480) 766-1231 Tait@Elkielaw.com>
· Freedom Fires Live, the East Valley Tea Party and the Red Mountain Patriots will have a joint meeting at 7 pm, Wed., Jan 7 at Faith Christian School, 7464 E Main St., Mesa., to hear Constitutionalist Shane Krauser. Directions: Click Here Cost: $2.50 (17 and under are free)
· The Lincoln Republican Women will meet Mon., Jan 12 at the DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Paradise Valley-Scottsdale, 5401 N Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale (Scottsdale Road between Chaparral and Jackrabbit Rd). $30 per person, 5:30 pm social. 6 pm mtg., 6:30 pm dinner. Speaker: Maricopa County Supervisor Chairman Steve Chucri and Arizona Tax Research President Kevin McCarthy on “What The Bleep Just happened? The Passing Of the Maricopa County Healthcare Initiative.” Reservations: Judy Eisenhower 4809418162 firstname.lastname@example.org or Pat Kaufman 4803682777 email@example.com
· The Surprise Tea Party has a form at http://www.surpriseteapartypatriots.com/prop-122/ that can be used to write your Arizona legislators regarding Prop 122.
· The Surprise Tea Party Needs Volunteers to serve on the board of directors and to help with their newsletter. See firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Arizona Corporation Commission will meet at 9 a.m, Mon., Jan 5. See notice/agenda Special Open Meeting.
· The Surprise Tea Party will meet at 6:30 Pm, Tues., Jan 6 to view “The Border States Of America” and be updated by Sen Judy Burges on the upcoming session. The meeting is scheduled in the Grand Canyon Room of the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 W R H Johnson Blvd. Sun City West, AZ 85375. The group has meetings scheduled for Jan 20, Feb 3 And 17. Contact: Newsletter@Surpriseteapartypatriots.Com
· Dr. Zuhdi Jasser Will Address The Sun Lakes Republican Club on Islam and Jihad at 6:30 pm, Tues., Jan. 13 in the Arizona Room of the Sun Lakes Country Club, 25610 N Sun Lakes Blvd., Sun Lakes.
· Congressman Paul A. Gosar’s Statement After The Arizona Game And Fish Commission voted this past Tuesday 5-0 in favor of funding up to $389,000 to fix a broken pipeline for the Willow Beach National Fish Hatchery which amounts to about 50 percent of the cost of the repairs: “This unanimous vote by the Commission is very good news. Rainbow trout stocking operations are one step closer to resuming at Willow Beach. I was honored to lead the charge, along with Senator McCain, to hold the Fish and Wildlife Service accountable when they arbitrarily terminated the rainbow trout stocking program and inflated cost estimates to repair the broken water line. The attempt to justify terminating this worthwhile program was extremely short sighted and I am happy to see that decision reversed.” Commission Vice-Chair Kurt Davis said “This is a great pre-New Year’s present for the people of Mohave County and anglers across the state... Sport-fishing recreation contributes $1.47 billion to Arizona’s economy annually, with much of that money going to rural communities, and Game and Fish is proud to be part of the solution keeping Willow Beach in business.”
· Arizona Game And Fish Department Press Release: The vote by the Commission to cost-share the Willow Beach hatchery repairs comes after much work by Arizona’s congressional delegation, particularly Senator John McCain and Congressman Paul Gosar, who championed a repair to the hatchery. Infrastructure problems at the hatchery began nearly five years ago, when broken pipelines and low water levels threatened trout production at the facility. The loss of the trout stocking would continue to have a devastating economic effect on the communities in Mohave County, Arizona. The state’s sport fishing industry relies on the national hatchery system for more than 97 percent of sport fish stocked in Arizona. The agreement approved by the Commission will, if executed, commit the Department to share the costs of repairs, and institutionalize a recreational fishing partnership with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service into the next decade. It calls for the Service to annually provide 2 million fertilized triploid rainbow trout eggs from Ennis National Fish Hatchery, 160,000 fertilized Apache trout eggs from Williams Creek National Fish Hatchery and 150,000 catchable 11-inch rainbow trout stocked annually into Willow Beach and below Davis Dam. Congressman Gosar has created an informational page on his website about his efforts to protect the trout stocking program at the Willow Beach Fish Hatchery which includes introducing the Fish Hatchery Protection Act, H.R. 5026 that would protect propagation fish hatcheries and propagation programs within the National Fish Hatchery System. That page can be found HERE.
· Rev Clyde Bowen, Chairman of the AAARC, is asking for donations to help fund the third Emancipation Proclamation Observance Day of Thanksgiving Event scheduled at noon, Jan 1, 2015 at East Lake Park, 16th St. and Jefferson St. Phoenix. Contact Bowen: email@example.com or 602 274-5439.
· The Fountain Hills Republican is accepting donations towards its goal of $500 to help support two new presidential sculptures to add to the town's "Fount Rushmore" that currently displays Presidents Abe Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, and Ronald Reagan. The new sculptures to be added are George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. Check should earmarked “sculptures,” made out to the Fountain Hills Republican Club and mailed to Tait D. Elkie, President, Fountain Hills Republican Club, P.O. Box 17814, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268 by Jan 1, 2015. Contacts: (480) 766-1231 or Tait@Elkielaw.com or see web site http://www.fhrepublicanclub.org/
· Dec 31 Is The Deadline To Register For The Arizona Federation Of Republican Women’s April 17-19, 2015 trip to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Tour in Simi Valley, California. For information contact Reagan Presidential Library Trip Coordinator Susan Kay Schultz at DetailsHM@cox.net or 480-945 1490. All reservations and monies will again flow through AZ Trails Travel | Roxanne and Hank Boryczki, 16650 E. Palisades Blvd. #106, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268. Roxanne@ArizonaTrails.com www.aztrailstravel.com 480- 837-8665.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS.
Thursday - Jan 1
· The Third Emancipation Proclamation Observance Day of Thanksgiving is scheduled Jan 1 at East Lake Park, 16th St. and Jefferson St. Phoenix. This event has been moved inside due to the incoming weather. Contact Bowen: firstname.lastname@example.org or 602 274-5439 Facebook: http://goo.gl/OAycJ0
Saturday - Jan 3, 2015
· The Maricopa County Republican Committee’s Credentials, Tally, And Proxy Check Training for the upcoming MCRC Statutory Meeting is scheduled at 9 am, Sat., Jan 3 (2 hours) at the AZ GOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Refreshments provided. Online access to training available (contact Dan Grimm at email@example.com)
· Volunteers Are Needed Sat., Jan 3 to help with packet stuffing at AZGOP HQ for the Jan 10 MCRC Statutory Meeting. Lunch provided at 11:30 am. Packet stuffing beings at 1 pm. (four hours). Contact: Dan Grimm firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 480-570-8570.
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8:30 am, Sat., Jan 3 at the SCW Foundations building (Quail Room) 14465 R H Johnson Blvd., Sun City West, AZ. , to hear Dr. Lyle Rapacki. Rapacki has assisted law enforcement both regionally and nationally with intelligence analysis and investigations of deviant movement groups and has taught at law enforcement academies nationwide. Doors open at 8 am for coffee and donuts. $2 admission to cover cost of room. Contact John Neal at email@example.com 602-218-5344 or cell: 602-421-8877.
· The Murphy Gun Show is scheduled Jan 3 and 4 at the Yuma Co. Fair Grounds. Volunteers are needed between 9 am and 5 pm for the booth – either day. Admission $5. Contact Gilbert Hernandez to volunteer 928-210-7895.
· A “Protest the President’s Amnesty’ is planned Sat., Jan. 3 at the entrance to the Yuma Fair Grounds/Gun Show.
Monday, Jan 5
· The Arizona Project will meet Jan 5 at 3375 E. Shea Blvd., Phx. Contact: Chr Ron Ludders. 602-677-1496.
Tuesday, Jan 6
· Legislative Districts 17, 16, 18, 25, 12, and 26 are hosting a forum for the Arizona Republican Party Count and State Board candidates7 pm, in the main building auditorium of the Tri-City Baptist Church, 2211 W. Germann Road, Chandler, AZ 85286. Candidate participants for the
AZGOP Board include:
ü Chair: Robert Graham and Lori Urban
ü 1st Vice-Chair: AJ LaFaro and Parralee Schneider
ü 2nd Vice-Chair: Gabby Mercer and Jeni White
ü Secretary: Lynne Breyer and Linda White
MCRC Candidates include:
ü Chairman: Tyler Boyer, Tom Morrissey, Lisa Gray
ü Candidates for other Board positions: Aaron Borders, Andrew Costanzo, Matt Eberle, David Ludwig, Pat Oldroyd, Art Olivas, April Riggins and Jeni White
If you are a precinct committeeman from Maricopa County or a State Committeeman from anywhere in the state, this is a great way to learn about these candidates. Contact: Chr Shadow Asgari firstname.lastname@example.org
· The 114th Congress will convene on Tuesday, January 6, 2015.
· The Yavapai County GOP Executive Committee will resume meeting on Tues., Jan. 6at 5:30 pm in the Conference Room, Republican Headquarters, 112B E. Union St., Prescott, AZ
· The Pima County Republican Club Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am., Tues., Jan 6, 2015 at the Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd, Tucson.
Thursday, Jan 8
· LD23 Will Meet Thurs., Jan 8 At The Mustang Library, 90th St. (S of Shea Blvd), Scottsdale to hear Sen-elect John Kavanagh, Rep Michelle Ugenti and Rep – elect Jay Lawrence. 6:30- pm sign in. 7 pm mtg. A prayer meeting will be held in the 6 pm in the auditorium, for those interested. Contact: Chairman Jim O’Connor : www.ld23gop.org 602-538-9387.
· The Colorado River Tea Party plans a round table discussion at noon, Thur., Jan 8 at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E. Hwy 95. (last building behind church. www.coloradoriverteaparty.org
· To Quote Reagan: There you go again! There is an air of desperation blowing from 3501 N 24th St in Phoenix. There they go again. Waaaaay too many false stories coming from Graham friends/supporters. First, Graham approved his buddies from American Post-Gazette to send out a fallacious message regarding a 10 year old false story planted in the AZ Republic about his challenger, Lori Urban. Taken entirely out of context and retracted, the reporter fired. Now, a friend of Graham's and his business partners, Kirk Adams and Sean Noble, Dan Stefanski’s statement. See http://archives.mcrcbriefs.org/2014/12/12-29-14-mcrc-briefs.html
· McCain's Big Purge - in case you didn't get... [AFA Editor: McCain knows two things: He MUST get Robert Graham re-elected so the primary doesn't get closed because, secondly, he can't win in a closed primary. He has to have independent votes because Republicans don't like him. Did you know McCain is called "the most hated man in the Congress?"] Nearly a year ago, tea party agitators in Arizona managed to get John McCain censured by his own state party. Now, he’s getting his revenge. As the longtime Republican senator lays the groundwork for a likely 2016 reelection bid, his political team is engaging in an aggressive and systematic campaign to reshape the state GOP apparatus by ridding it of conservative firebrands and replacing them with steadfast allies.
· I-Hear-You AZGOP Chairman Candidate Lori Urban: I am uniquely qualified to be YOUR AZGOP Chairman! I didn’t just show up in the party two years ago. I...
96% Of-Illegal-Immigrant-Families-With Deportation-Orders-Cant-Found
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2No Border News Watch
DOJ /ERIC HOLDER
LAW & ORDER
· Michigan-Stirs-Controversy-Signing-Law-Require-Drug-Testing-Welfare-Recipients Loud & Clear Message From Taxpayers That Welfare Isn’t A No-Strings-Attached Program