- ► February (22)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ▼ January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Maricopa County Republican Briefs
Maricopa County Republican Chairman: AJ LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
Jan 16, 2014
The AZGOP Chairman’s Awards Dinner, featuring six announced gubernatorial candidates – Scott Smith, Doug Ducey, Christine Jones, Andrew Thomas, Ken Bennett and Al Melvin, is scheduled at 6 pm, Jan 24 at the Phoenix Airport Marriott, 1101 N.44th St., Phx. $40 per person, $300 table. RSVP: Jennifer Bontrager Jennifer.Bontrager@azgop.org or call 602-957-7770 or purchase tickets online at www.azgop.org/donate
· Goggle “McCain Censured” To View 10 Pages Of Posts on Maricopa County Republican Committee PCs censure resolution that passed Jan 11 in Phoenix.
· The Jan 13 Voice of Veterans Radio Show “Appreciation” is now available in the archive section of vovradioshow.org
· Rebecca Halstead, Brigadier General, U.S. Army Retired author of “The First Person You Must Lead Is YOU” is scheduled to be on the 3:30 pm, Jan 20 Voice of Veterans Radio Show that is hosted by LD13 resident Vern Bagley on KXXT 1010 AM
The Third Annual Pro-Life & Educational Concert "Let Freedom Ring For Life" - hosted by The AZ East Valley Pro-Life Alliance in commemoration of the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, - is scheduled Jan 22 at Clearview Cultural Center, 1355 S. Clearview Ave., Mesa. A youth program begins at 6 pm for children ages 5-12. The Teen-Adult program starts at 7 pm featuring professional speakers and musical talent. Free admission. Donations accepted. Open seating. Contact: Joe & Jimm Perron, 480-216-7217 or 480-216-7219 Life@EVProLifeAlliance.org www.EVProLifeAlliance.org
· More Observations From The Jan 11 MCRC Mtg:
ü LD20 ChairmanRay Malnar, who makes badges for PCs, hand-delivered a badge for LD13 PC Billie Gramlich at the meeting. Can’t beat that for service.
ü Marcella Peters, the timer for the speeches, wasn’t bashful about pounding on the warning bell to shut off speakers. Good job Marcella.
ü Newly elected Maricopa County Board of Supervisor Chairman Denny Barney read the “Gettysburg Address” to the assembly.
ü Congressman Trent Franks, the father of young twins, spoke to the future of the country, saying, “The stakes are high.”… “The Republican Party is the only hope.” And “Stop sniping at each other – any Republican is better than any Democrat.” And lastly, “The World is depending on us and we must not fail.”
ü Board of Supervisor Clint Hickman didn’t waste any time. He was observed all over the place gathering input from his constituents on various issues within his district.
ü Congressman Matt Salmon assured the assembly that the “Arizona delegation is trying to bury ObamaCare.” Salmon drew heavy applause when referring to socialist in the White House/Congress, he said, “We’ll fight them them until Hell freezes over… and then we’ll fight them on the ice.”
ü Congressman David Schweikert, rushing to the podium with his coffee cup in hand, brought chuckles when he proclaimed “Hug a Liberal Day” – noting Libs are pretty depressed over the failure of their programs.
ü Congressman Paul Gosar commented that he saw ‘more smiles today than I have in Washington in three years.” Gosar called for a ‘super majority’ in the House noting the need to hold US Attorney General Eric Holder accountable for Constitutional violations. He also urged the group to hold the Arizona delegations in Washington accountable “because the media doesn’t.”
ü MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro urged attendees to go to the MCRC web site and read the daily posting of the “MCRC Briefs.” He further urged PCs to go out and “register Republicans.”
ü Teenage Republicans (TARS), the future of the Republican Party, were busy selling sub sandwiches at noon to raise funds for their groups. They also passed the collection boxes to raise MCRC funds to pay for expenses for the convention and building rental.
ü West Valley PC Patsy Denne, who has been in the hospital, missed her first county meeting in years.
ü Folks working the candidate campaign tables on the outside of the building deserve a big thank you from the candidates. It was darn cold sitting at those tables in the early hours of the morning.
ü Over 100 volunteers worked before, during and after the meeting to assure the success of the event. – Editor Frosty Taylor
· Former Border Patrolman Zack Taylor will address the Arizona Oathkeepers at 7 pm, Jan 17 at Total Wine and More, 1670 E. Camelback Rd., Phx. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
· “Friends, The Transnational Criminals Reaching Across Borders in most countries subvert institutions at all levels.This is an example of that reach in Arizona. Until the Criminal Illegal Alien and the transnational criminals are removed from America we can expect and exponential increase in this type of activity. It is true that they live among us.” - Zack Taylor, Chairman National Association of Former Border Patrol Officers addressing the conviction of a former correction officer of money laundering in Cochise Superior Court.
· And Speaking Of Zack Taylor, if you really want to know what is going on down on the border, attend one of Zack’s presentation. He tells is like it is and it ain’t pretty. Contact him at email@example.com to get him one of your agendas. By the way, he just happens to be the Chairman of the Santa Cruz County Republican, as well.
· The Arizona Veterans Caucus, Co-Chaired By Rep. Kelly Townsend, R-Mesa and Rep. Jonathan Larkin, D-Glendale, met at 3 pm, Jan 16 in the House Conference Rm 340, 1700 W. Washington, Phx. The Caucus is a bipartisan group of House and Senate members that provides a strong voice at the Legislature on matters important to the men and women who have served and their families. More than 500,000 men and women with prior military service reside in Arizona. These Arizonans face unique challenges when it comes to furthering their education, finding a job and securing housing that their civilian counterparts typically do not. In recognition of these challenges, the Speaker of the House Andy Tobin approved the continuation of the Arizona Veterans Caucus for 2014. Last year the Arizona Veterans Caucus was successful in passing the military applicants bill into law. House Bill 2076 streamlined the application process for a veteran to obtain a license needed to work in the medical and transportation industries. Contact: Christopher Leone 602-926-3233(o) 480.242.8643(c) firstname.lastname@example.org
· Congressman Paul Gosar’s Town Halls Next Week:
ü Jan 21 – Kingman, 7 pm, Mohave County Administration Bldg, 700 W. Beale St.
ü Jan 22- Lake Havasu City, 6 pm, Community Ctr, Relics and Rods Hall, 100 Park Ave.
ü Jan 23 – Yuma, 6 pm, Arizona Western College, South Wing 3C Building, Schoening Conference Center, 2020 S. Ave. 8 E.
Contact: Penny Pew (Penny.Pew@mail.house.gov)
· Andrew Mario Costanzo Is A Candidate For Sergeant-At-Arms Of The Arizona GOP. Costanzo, a grass roots Precinct Committeeman, is a current Member-at-Large of the Maricopa County Republican Committee and is the current First Vice Chair of Legislative District 27. The AZGOP elections will be held at the Jan 25 State Mandatory AZGOP meeting at the Grace Community Church in Tempe. Contact Costanzo at email@example.com.
· City Of Phoenix Offices Will Be Closed Monday, Jan. 20, in observance of the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. http://phoenix.gov/news/011314mlkholiday.html
· The Citizens’ Transportation Oversight Committee (CTOC) meeting will be held at 4 pm, Jan 21 in the Arizona Department of Transportation auditorium at 206 S. 17th Ave., Phx. . Agenda items include an update from the Maricopa Association of Governments regarding program changes and ongoing studies; a look at plans for the future, current funding challenges and how transportation impacts the economy; and an update on current Maricopa County construction projects, both from ADOT. See agenda, click here and for www.azdot.gov/CTOC.
· The Matt Papke For City Council Campaigners will be walking door to door from 1:30-4 pm, Jan 18 in South Tempe. Volunteers should meet at Waggoner Park at 1100 E Carver Rd, Tempe call Jessica at 480-306-2545. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
· PCs: Mark Your Calendar:
ü Jan 24 – AZGOP Chairman’s Award Dinner, 6 pm, Phoenix Airport Marriott
ü Jan 25 - AZGOP 2014 Mandatory Mtg, Grace Community Church, 1200 E Southern Ave., Tempe, AZ 85282
ü March 8 – Maricopa County Republican Committee Lincoln Luncheon, El-Zaribah Shrine Tempe, 552 N. 40th St., Phx.
· Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Diane Douglas upcoming events:
ü Jan 17: Quail Creek Republican Club in Green Valley/Sahuarita
ü Jan 18: Fountain Hills Republican Club
ü Jan 19: Stand Your Ground Event, State Capitol
· Tobin “Blows The Whistle” On Kirkpatrick And Pelosi - Pro-Kirkpatrick ad and her vote against Obamacare transparency couldn’t be more ironic: On the same day that Nancy Pelosi’s Super PAC, House Majority PAC, launched an ad claiming Arizona Democrat Ann Kirkpatrick “blew the whistle” on the ObamaCare website, Kirkpatrick voted against bipartisan legislation today calling for more transparency with that very website. Even Arizona Democrats Ron Barber and Kyrsten Sinema were among the 33 House Democrats who voted in favor of this bipartisan fix, illustrating just how strong Kirkpatrick is in her support of ObamaCare despite the claims in this false ad.
Now, Arizona House Speaker Andy Tobin is pointing out Kirkpatrick’s hypocrisy and calling on Pelosi’s PAC to remove the false ad from the airwaves.“This is proof that Ann Kirkpatrick’s Washington allies cannot fool Arizonans,” Tobin said. “It doesn’t matter how much money Kirkpatrick and Washington Democrats spend on ads, the facts are the facts. Kirkpatrick voted for ObamaCare, and today she voted to do the exact opposite of what this ad claims. It’s time to blow the whistle on this false ad.”The bipartisan bill Kirkpatrick voted against, HR 3362, would require the Health and Human Services Department to report any and all problems that occur with the website and associated with the health care exchanges. Additionally, the department would need to report weekly on health insurance enrollment through HealthCare.gov.
· Salmon Votes for Stronger, Better Oversight of ObamaCare Website “This bill provides the transparency and accuracy that has been lacking since the rollout of Healthcare.gov. The legislation allows Congress, and the American people, to get at the real numbers of ObamaCare and allows us to receive timely targeted reporting so we can better assess the progress of this failing law. Stronger and better oversight is the least we can do for the American taxpayer whose dollars are funding this federal takeover of the healthcare system. Ultimately, I believe the only solution is to repeal this destructive law and replace it with market-based solutions to drive down costs for patients and consumers. The fact is, simply repealing ObamaCare is not enough; real and pragmatic reform of our healthcare system will be necessary going forward.” – Matt Salmon This bill passed the House in a bipartisan vote of 259 to 154.
· Salmon Statement on Omnibus Appropriations Bill voted against the $1.1 trillion FY 2014 Omnibus Appropriations bill
· Salmon Statement on Net Neutrality Ruling U.S. Court of Appeals D.C. Circuit Court issued a decision that strikes down part of the Federal Communications Commission’s net neutrality rules.
· Rep. Schweikert Issues Statement On Sec Crowdfunding Rules Hearing Today we heard from crowdfunding experts that startups and their investors are thriving in countries that used restraint in regulating crowdfunding. The current SEC proposed over-regulation come with a prohibitively high cost of compliance for businesses who would use crowdfunding to access startup capital. We will be appealing to the SEC to reconsider their heavy-handed approach before finalizing the rules and consider modeling the lighter regulatory touch used by their international peers, which has shown a track record of success.”
· McCain On Appeals Court Decision Striking Down Fcc “Net Neutrality” Rules “I support today’s decision by the D.C. Court of Appeals ruling that the FCC overstepped its authority in its attempt to regulate the Internet with so-called ‘net neutrality’ principles through anti-blocking and anti-discrimination rules. I have long opposed efforts that would allow the government to regulate the Internet, and today’s decision is a win for consumers and broadband innovation. This decision also sends a strong message to federal agencies that may attempt to direct by regulation that which is not authorized by Congress.”
· McCain And Graham On Reported “Secret Side Deal” With Iran “We call on the Obama Administration to clarify this situation immediately and ensure that members of Congress are fully and promptly informed about its nuclear diplomacy with Iran. If true, these reports only add greater urgency to the calls from an increasing number of members of Congress on both sides of the aisle to pass new bipartisan sanctions legislation as soon as possible.”
· Rep. Gosar Votes to Increase ObamaCare Transparency voted in favor of the Exchange Information Disclosure Act (H.R.3362), legislation that requires the Administration to submit weekly reports that detail the performance of healthcare.gov.
· Rep. Gosar Sponsors Bill to Protect Unborn Babies co-sponsored the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act (H.R.7), legislation that would make the Hyde Amendment permanent law and end funding for abortion insurance coverage in ObamaCare.
· Rep. Gosar Votes Against Ill-Conceived Spending Bill against H.R.3547, the Omnibus Spending Bill.
· Sen. Flake Statement on Omnibus Appropriations Bill Cloture Vote opposed cloture on the fiscal year 2014 omnibus appropriations bill:“I filed more than a dozen amendments to this trillion-dollar spending bill that would have reduced the cost, size and scope of the federal government, and the majority leader refused to allow a vote on any of them,” said Flake. “I could not support moving forward on this bill because the majority leader continues to block amendments.”
· Sen. Flake Statement on Omnibus Appropriations Bill Vote “no” vote on final passage of the fiscal year 2014 omnibus appropriations bill: “I could not vote for this bill because it spends too much and is full of the same tired gimmicks we’ve seen over the years,” said Flake.
· Sen. Flake Introduces Bill To Expand Relief From Obamacare’s Rising Cost Of Coverage introduced S. 1915, the Removing Limitations on Insurance Effectiveness and Flexibility (ReLIEF) Act. The bill would extend to all individuals impacted by the Affordable Care Act’s individual health insurance mandate the ability to purchase more-affordable catastrophic health insurance plans…“Relief from the unaffordable cost of Obamacare coverage ought to be available to everyone, not just to a select patchwork of individuals chosen by the president,” said Flake.
· Joint Law Enforcement Effort Uncovers Bank Accounts Across The Country With More Than $1.5 M In Drug Proceeds Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne is today announcing the conviction of Bernardo Varela, a former officer for the Arizona Department of Corrections. Varela, 35, entered a plea of guilty to charges of Money Laundering on January 8, 2014 in Cochise County Superior Court. He will be sentenced on February 14, 2014. Bernardo Varela was indicted with various members of his family including his wife, Guadalupe Varela, his mother-in-law, Artemisa Aguayo, and brother-in-law, Jose Jesus Guerrero.
· Number Of AZ Millionaires Fell In 2013 High-Net-Worth Households Fell Sharply.
· Susan-Bitter-Smith-Az-Corporation Hair On Fire Interview
SEEING AZ RED
GILBERT AND GILA WATCHWATCH
· The Lie That Is Michele Reagan By Christine Bauserman.
· Andy McKinney Speaks Out Against Ann Kirkpatrick And Ron Barber. Andy McKinney, president of the Rim Country Republican Club in Payson, Arizona, was quoted recently in an Arizona Republic article titled Conservative Groups Already Spending vs Kirkpatrick, Barber.
SECOND AMENDMENT/GUN RIGHTS
· Here’s NBC News explaining why the media of course thinks bridge lane closings in New Jersey are a thousand times more interesting than four dead Americans in Benghazi, and the continued unraveling of the Administration’s endless lies about it.
DEPT OF JUSTICE
WAR ON WOMEN
SUPPORT YOUR MARICOPA COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY
A Dime A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.10 times 365= $36.50 contribution
A Quarter A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.25 times 365= $91.25 contribution
A Nickel A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.05 times 365= $18.25 contribution
Frosty Taylor, Editor email@example.com