- ► August (21)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ▼ February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Maricopa County Republican Briefs
Maricopa County Republican Chairman: AJ LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser firstname.lastname@example.org
Feb 12, 2014
· Update On Rev Clyde Bowen’s Health Problem. On Jan 22, Bowen woke up with a large bubble on his forehead and immediately went to VA ER. He finally has an appointment with a VA physician at 8 am, Thurs (Feb 13). According Bowen, “They took blood, gave me a cat scan and sent me home with the promise of some Vicodin for my severe pain.” Eight days later, Bowen received some Tylenol and a phone call from the physician’s assistant setting a Feb. 19 consultation. By then, the pain was so intense it gave Bowen a black eye and he was running a 100 degree temperature. He had had no feedback on his blood work or cat scan, nor was he given any antibiotics. So he went to his primary caregiver. The assistant directed him to go to main VA Hosp. From there, he was then directed to go to Thunderbird - where they had just told him to go to main VA Hosp. His appointment was moved up to Thurs. Feb 13. Bowen says, he then learned “something very interesting and untrue.” He was told his medical chart said he had been offered antibiotics and turned them down. “I never was given a conversation regarding antibiotics,” Bowen said. “ I explained I had not been offered any antibiotics and had had no conversation with anyone to that effect. She told me her hands were tied, I had to wait for Dr. xxxx on the 13th Feb or I could come in again to the ER. (again?) This seems to me fiscally foolish and I feel I’m being tossed around.” Bowen has contacted Sen. John McCain, whose office is investigation this delay. Contact: email@example.com Bowen is chairman of the Arizona American African Republican Committee
· How-Much-Does-It-Cost-To-Be-Ambassador-To-Hungary? Watching John McCain set-up a fellow senator like a bowling pin is a rare Washington pleasure. Even when he does it in Budapest. A couple of weeks ago, McCain led a large congressional delegation to the Munich Security Conference -- the Davos of defense ministers, international arms dealers, oil sheikhs and angry Ukrainians. Before arriving in Munich, McCain, in the company of a handful of Senate and House members (and three American journalists, yours truly among them), made a four-hour visit to Budapest, to meet with Hungary’s wily prime minister.
· The Pinal County Republican Committee will host the primary candidates for Attorney General on Sat. Feb 15th at the Union Center, Sun City Anthem, 3925 N. Sun City Blvd, Florence with a meet and greet at 9:30 am, followed by a 10am program.
· Senate President Andy Biggs is pushing for an external audit of Arizona’s beleaguered Child Protective Services agency.
· AZGOP Candidate Announcements and Events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary.
· U.S. Senators John McCain (R-AZ) and Harry Reid (D-NV) today sent a letter to President Barack Obama urging him to posthumously pardon John Arthur "Jack" Johnson, the first African-American Heavyweight Boxing Champion, who was unjustly convicted in 1913 under the Mann Act for transporting a white woman across state line.
· Long-time GOP activist Marty Hermanson has a pulled a packet for Maricopa City Council.
· Twenty-Eight Airmen From The 161st Air Refueling Wing Security Forces Squadron bid farewell to family and friends at Sky Harbor International Airport Jan. 24,. before deploying to Southwest Asia on a 6-month mobilization to provide security for U.S. armed forces overseas. Airmen are from the following Arizona hometowns: Buckeye, Chandler, Chino Valley, Gilbert, Glendale, Gold Canyon, Laveen, Mesa, Phoenix, Peoria, Prescott Valley, San Tan Valley, Surprise, Tolleson, Wickenburg
· Secretary Of State Candidate Wil Cardon, Sen Michele Reagan and Rep Justin Pierce will address the 9 am, Feb 15 Fountain Hills Republican Club at the Fountain Hills Community Center, 13001 N. La Montana Dr., Fountain Hills. Breakfast snacks available at 8:30 am. Contact: Pres Tait Elkie Tait@Elkielaw.com 480-766-1231 or Sec Nancy Ordowski email@example.com.
· Vera Anderson Has Announced That The Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots will hold their 6:30 pm, Feb 18 meeting at the North Gate Church, 34835 N. 7th St., Phx, in conjunction the a presentation by international know writer/blogger Trevor Loudonwww.trevorloundon.com of New Zealand. Loudon, author of “The Enemies Within” will address national security issues. The meeting begins at 6:30 pm. Contact Vera Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org
· Cindy McCain, Co-Chair Of The Arizona Governor's Task Force On Human Trafficking, will be the speaker at the11:45 am, Feb 20 AzRLA Lunch at the Phoenix Country Club. $20 for members. $35 for non-members. McCain will provide insight into the fight against human trafficking and improving the lives of those less fortunate in Arizona and around the world.
· CD1 Candidate Adam Kwasman will participate in the CD1 primary debate scheduled at Wed, Feb 19 by the SaddleBrooke Republican Club at Mountain View Club House, 38759 S Mountain View Blvd, SaddleBrook, AZ 85739. Doors open at 3:35 pm. Debate at 4:15 pm. Contact: email@example.com or: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The GOP In The Hills Social (formerly known as the Fountain Hills Republican Meet-ups) will meet at 7 pm, Feb 25 at Phil’s Filing Station, 16852 E. Parkview Ave., Fountain Hills. Contact: Pres Tait Elkie Tait@Elkielaw.com 480-766-1231 or Sec Nancy Ordowski email@example.com
· CD1 Candidate Adam Kwasman Is Scheduled:
· Feb 13 – 6:30 pm, Pima County U of A College Republicans, Picacho Rm – student union, 1303 E. University Blvd, Tucson. Contact: Zoey Kotzambais, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Feb 14 – 11:30 am, Oro Valley Republican Women, Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W Greenock Dr, Oro Valley, AZ 85737 Contact: Sherese Steffens, email@example.com
· Feb 17 – 6 pm, Coconino Republican Committee Lincoln Day Dinner. Woodlands Hotel, 1175 W Route 33, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 Contact: Joy Staveley, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Feb 11 – 9:30 am, Pinal County – Western Daze Parade, Arizona City.
· The Maricopa County West Valley Republican Office will be closed Feb 17 in observance of Presidents Day.
· Nick Dranias, Director of Policy Development and Constitutional Government at the Goldwater Institute, will present, “The Army and Marines: The Convention of the States and Compact for America Approach to Article V (how the constitution can be changed)” at the 6:30 pm, Tues, Feb 18 Surprise Tea Party Patriots meeting scheduled at the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 West R.H. Johnson Blvd. Contact: Lynne Hirsch email@example.com Visit www.surpriseteapartypatriots.com
· Gov Jan Brewer Has Appointed Jack Sellers as the newest member of the Arizona State Transportation Board. Mr. Sellers will represent the Maricopa County region in the planning and development of Arizona’s transportation network. His appointment was confirmed Tuesday by the Arizona State Senate. Sellers lives in Chandler and has been a member of the Chandler City Council since 2009. He is the former facilities manager for the General Motors Desert Proving Ground in Mesa. Sellers replaces outgoing Board Member and Chairman Victor Flores, also of Maricopa County. www.azdot.gov/board.
· Secretary of State Ken Bennett and state Sen Bob Worsley will formally launch www.azvoices.gov, the first statewide civic engagement platform where voters can rate pending legislation and discuss issues that impact Arizona, at 11 am, Thur, Feb 13 in the
Executive Tower, 7th Floor Conference Room. Integrated with the statewide voter registration database, Arizona Voices allows only one vote per registered voter giving legislators an accurate glimpse of public opinion on any bill in their respective districts. In addition to the ability to comment and rate legislation, the system also allows for citizens and legislators to post visionary ideas for the state and get feedback from the online community.
· If You Are Interested In Sponsoring A Table at the Lincoln Day Luncheon, contact Lori Urban at GOPGAL14@gmail.com or 480-221-9633.
· The Yavapai GOP Lincoln Day Dinner is scheduled at 6 pm, Feb 15 at the Prescott Resort in Prescott. Speakers include Rep Louis Gohmert of Texas, Tom Niewulis presents “Samuel Adams Returns” and American Academy for Constitution Studies Direction Shane Krauser. For reservations call 928-776-4500
· LD12 will meet at 7 pm, Feb 12 at Quartz Hill Elementary School Library, 3680 South Quartz St.,in Gilbert. Teenage children of members are welcome at this meeting. The agenda includes the presentation of the John Galt Youth Award, Teenage Republicans of Arizona (TARS) president Lilia Dashervsky, LD22 Chairman Eric Morgan, Cindy Biggs presentation of “Constitution in the Classroom” and a legislate update. Attendees are asked to bring canned food to donate to Open Arms Care Center. Gun raffle fundraiser tickets are $10 each. Contact: Chairman Mickie Niland (Chairman) firstname.lastname@example.org or Jason Mick (First Vice Chair) email@example.com
· The Arizona Republican Lawers Association is hosting a Feb 12 candidate training seminar featuring:
· Congressman David Schweikert.
· David Cantelme, Cantelme & Brown
· Lisa Hauser, Gammage & Burnham
· Joe Kanefield, Ballard Spahr
· Kory Langhofer, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck
· Tim LaSota, Tiffany & Bosco
· Mike Liburdi, Snell & Wilmer
· Lee Miller, Law Office of Lee Miller
· Karen Osborne, Maricopa County Elections Director
· Eric Spencer, Snell & Wilmer
RSVP to Mike Liburdi at 602-382-6170 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Gubernatorial Candidate Christine Jones will appear between 3-4 pm, Feb 12 at the Bank Street Gun Shop in Kingman and from 6-7 pm, Feb 13 at C2 Tactical in Tempe. Jones commented, “Like many Arizonans, I am an ardent supporter of the Second Amendment. The right to keep and bear arms is a fundamental aspect of American liberty and when exercised responsibly, it makes our families and communities safer.”
We Now Have An Active Link At Our New MCRC GOP Website where you, your friends, your family and fellow Republicans can make their March 8 Lincoln Day Luncheon reservations:
· General Information about the Lincoln Day Luncheon
· Online Reservations for Lincoln Day Luncheon
· Mail-In Reservations Form for Lincoln Day Luncheon
Last year's Lincoln Day Luncheon was a tremendous success, and with your support, this year's will be even better. We had 317 attendees last year and our goal this year is 500 plus. This year's keynote speaker is nationally known Mark Herr Sr., Co-Founder and President of The Center for Self Governance (CSG). CSG trains citizen activists how to effectively apply leverage and influence at the local, state and federal levels of government and education.
On behalf of the MCRC, we look forward to seeing everyone on 03/08. – A. J. LaFaro,
Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
The MCRC Has A New Website! While it took a little longer than we originally thought, we think you'll like it. There's still a few things we want to move over from the old site so it's far from complete. Then again, what website is ever complete? The web address is: http://maricopa.arizonagop.us In the meantime, if there's something that you need and can't find, please contact MCRC Webmaster John Strasser at 480-273-8798 or by email email@example.com and he'll help you out. Once again, the new website is http://maricopa.arizonagop.us
· The Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC) Lincoln Day Luncheon is scheduled for Sat, Mar 8, at the El-Zaribah Shrine Temple, 552 N. 40th St., Phoenix, AZ 85008. Registration begins at 11 am with the luncheon at 11:30 am. The keynote speaker is nationally known Mark Herr Sr., co-founder and president of The Center for Self Governance (CSG). CSG trains citizen activists how to effectively apply leverage and influence at the local, state and federal levels of government and education. $30 per seat 8 seats per table. For table sponsorships - contact Lori Urban GOPGAL14@gmail.com or 480-221-9633. Reservations postmarked no later than Feb 21. Mail to Lynne Weaver, luncheon co-chairman, 2610 East Spring Road, Phoenix AZ, 85032. Payment only by credit card or checks payable to MCRC. Contact Lynne Weaver at LynneWeaver@cox.net or go to http://maricopa.arizonagop.us/ and make your reservations online. First Vice Chairman April Riggins firstname.lastname@example.org, luncheon co-chairman.
· The Yavapai County Trunk ‘N Tusk Fundraiser/Lincoln Reagan Day Dinner will be held Feb 15 at the Prescott Resort, 1500 E Hwy 69, Prescott.. Cocktails at 6 pm - no host bar. Dinner at 7. Speakers include Rep. Louie Gohmert (TX), Rep. Paul Gosar, and Shane Krauser, Director of the American Academy for Constitutional Education, author and attorney. Tickets $65 per person. Limited seating is available with the guests for $130 per person or $260 per couple. To place program ads contact YCRC headquarters at (928) 776-4500. Raffle items are being accepted now. The Live Auction will include a AP 1/2 Numbered and framed print by Cowboy Artist, Charles A. Stazenski called "Cheyenne" showing Bareback Bronco Star, Arnold Jones in his heyday. Tickets: www.yavgov.org Contact: YCRC headquarters at (928) 776-4500.
· Coconino County Republican Committee's Feb 17 Lincoln Day Dinner is just about sold out. Any candidates wishing to attend who have not already contacted Chairman Staveley, should call her immediately at 928-606-1131. The dinner is scheduled at the DoubleTree Hotel on Rt. 66 in Flagstaff. Doors open at 5:30 pm. Candidates are welcome to bring their campaign literature and petitions. Tickets are $50 each. Tables of 8 are $350. Guest speakers are Secretary of State Ken Bennett, Congressman Matt Salmon and AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham.
· LD22 First Annual Az Cactus Classic Golf Tournament registrations are open at 7:30 am for the Feb 15 fundraiser at the Palmbrook Country Club, 9350 W. Greenway Road, Sun City, AZ 85351. Shotgun start at 8:30 am. Four person scramble format. Entrée fee $99, includes all fees, a golf cart and lunch. Registration form Az Cactus Classic Registration Form Contact: Heather Morgan at 602-410-9817 email@example.com or Ron Baker 623-234-2212 or RLBaker00@aol.com
· Coffee Chat With Phoenix Vice Mayor Bill Gates is scheduled at 7:30 am, Wed., Feb 12 at the Oink Café, 4326 E. Cactus Road, Phx. Speaker: Bill Mundell, director of registrar of contractors. Coffee provided. Breakfast available for purchase.
· The Arizona Taxpayers Action Committee (ATAC)is planning a VIP reception and social between 5-7 pm, Thur, Feb 13 at the home of Colette Rosati, 8636 Via La Serena, Paradise Valley 85253. ATAC is dedicated to sponsoring the Russell Pearce Radio Talk Show and replacing as many of the ‘turncoats who voted for Medicaid expansion’ as possible, according to Chairman Tom Husband. Special guests include former Senate President Russell Pearce, Maricopa County Republican Party Chairman A.J. La Faro, former MCRC Chairman Rob Haney, Husband and ATAC Treasurer Shane Wikfors. Refreshments and hors d-oeuvres will be served. Casual attire. Suggested donations $40 per person or $75 per couple. Sponsors - $200 per person. RSVP by Wed, Feb 10 to Colette Rosati by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (602)-750-3233 or contributions payable to: Arizona Taxpayer’s Action Committee, 5520 E. San Miguel Avenue, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253. Information: www.ArizonaTaxpayerAction.com
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham will address LD23 on Thurs., Feb.13. Contact: Chairman Joe Meli www.d23azgop.org
· Congressman Matt Salmon Is Conducting A Town Hall with Florida Congressman Ron DeSantis will conduct a town hall on their efforts to hold Congress and the Administration accountable between 2-3 pm, Thurs, Feb 13 at the Chandler Christian Church, Room B200, 1825 South Alma School Road, Chandler, AZ 85286 RSVP: Call (480) 699-8239 or go to facebook and RSVP https://www.facebook.com/events/725624837470926/
· LD30 House Candidate Michael Gidwani is planning a March 1 Neighborhood Walk. Volunteers will meet at 9:40 am at the El Caro Villas Clubhouse , 8314 N 21st Drive. RSVP by February 26.Call 602-821-9076 or email@example.com
· Marianne Ferrari From The Arizona Freedom Alliance, will address “Common Law Grand Juries” at the Colorado River Tea Party meeting at 6 pm, Feb 13 at Community Christian Church, 6480 E. Hwy 95, Yuma. Info:coloradoriverteaparty
· Center For Self-Governance (CSG) is offering six Level 1 training classes in the Phoenix and Prescott areas during February and March, including:
· Sat., Feb. 15, 9am-5:30pm (Tempe)
· Sat., Feb. 22, 9am-5:30pm (North Phoenix)
· Thu.-Fri, Feb. 27-28, 10am-2:30pm (Scottsdale)
· Thu.-Fri, Feb. 27-28, 5:30-9:30pm (Peoria)
· Sat., Mar. 1, 10am-7pm (Prescott)
· Fri., Mar. 7, 9am-5:30pm (Phoenix area, location TBD)
CSG trains citizen activists how to effectively apply leverage and influence at the local, state, and federal levels of government and education, helping "We the People" take back America. Register www.tncsg.org. email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Tracy at 480.529.1123.
· Feb 12 – Maricopa County Republican PC Day at the Legislature. CANCELLED
· Feb 12 – ARROWHEAD REPUBLICAN WOMEN’S CLUB. (2nd Wed) 11 am, Briarwood Country Club - 135th Ave & Meeker Blvd., Sun City West. $20 per person. RSVP required. No jeans. Adults only. Speaker: State Treasurer candidate Randy Pullen, former AZGOP Chairman. Guests may attend twice before they are required to become members. Reservations required: www.arrowheadrw.weebly.com (Luncheons tab)
· Feb 12 – AZ LATINO REPUBLICAN ASSOC. (ALRA) (2nd Wed) 6:30 pm. AZ Project Offices, 3375 E. Shea Blvd., Phx Contact: Jose Borrajero 602-402-5932 Http://Www.Latinogop.Org RSVP 520-333-4204 Or Www.Saucedomercer.Com
· Feb 12 - Politics On The Rocks (2nd Wed) 6 pm, Montelucia Resort Centro Lounge, 4949 E. Lincoln Dr., Paradise Valley. RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/500327180056905/
· Feb 13 – LD23 (2nd Thurs) 6:30 pm, Mustang Library, 10101 N 90th St, Scottsdale. Speaker: AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. Contact: Chr Joe Meli www.d23azgop.org
· Feb 14 – “ Speak Out” Radio Talk Show (2nd Fri) with co-host Ron Gould, former AZ legislator of Mohave County. 11 am, Voice of the Free 106.3 FM Listen live www.kntram.com
· Feb 15 - FOUNTAIN HILLS REPUBLICAN CLUB. (3rd Sat) 8:30 am breakfast snacks. 9 am Program. Fountain Hills Community Center, 13001 N La Montana Drive, Fountain Hills. Speakers: Candidates – Secretary of State Wil Cardon, Sen Michele Reagan and Rep Justin Pierce. Contact: Pres Tait Elkie Tait@Elkielaw.com 480-766-1231 or Sec Nancy Ordowski email@example.com.
· POLL: Should Obama Use An Executive Order, Bypassing Congress, To Increase The Federal Minimum Wage?
· Azfactcheck: The Issue: Donations To Andy Tobin's Congressional Campaign
· Vaughn: What-Record-Deportations? Numbers Show Obama’s Appalling Immigration Enforcement Record
· County Health Overhaul Urged Citizens Committee Seeks $935 Million Overhaul To Let Public System Better Help The Poor.
· AG Tom Horne: 'I Broke No Laws In '10 Race' Denies allegations he illegally coordinated with an outside group to attack his 2010 opponent.
· The Heart And Soul Of The GOP Sierra Vista Herald
· Arizona-Polls-Show-Governors-Race-Wide Riggs Only Candidate With Proven Ability To Defeat Democratic Candidates
· M3 Report Updated Daily Caution: Graphic Photos Prosecutors Give Account of 2010 Fatal Shooting of Border Patrol Agent; Mexican Government Says 314 Flu Deaths Have Occurred; Violence Tests Brazil Ahead of World Cup
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch: Links To Sites On Matters Of Law Enforcement For Illegal Human And Drug Traffic.
SECOND AMENDMENT/GUN RIGHTS
WAR AGAINST WOMEN
SUPPORT YOUR MARICOPA COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY
A Dime A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.10 times 365= $36.50 contribution
A Quarter A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.25 times 365= $91.25 contribution
A Nickel A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.05 times 365= $18.25 contribution
Frosty Taylor, Editor firstname.lastname@example.org