- ► June (25)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ▼ February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Maricopa County Republican Briefs
Maricopa County Republican Chairman: AJ LaFaro email@example.com
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser email@example.com
Feb 15, 2014
Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money. How come we never hear about welfare running out of money? What's interesting is the first group "worked for" their money, but the second didn't. Think about it... author unknown
· The MCRC Has A New Website! The web address is: http://maricopa.arizonagop.us If there's something that you need and can't find, please contact MCRC Webmaster John Strasser at 480-273-8798 or firstname.lastname@example.org and he'll help you out.
· The Arizona Game And Fish Department will host a Sportsmen's Open Forum from 6-8 pm, Feb 19 at the Phoenix Headquarters, 5000 W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix to discuss issues important to constituencies. There will also be time for open dialogue with those who would like to discuss issues that are of concern and/or importance to sportsmen. Contact: Jim Paxon, Special Assistant to the AZGFD Director email@example.com www.azgfd.gov
Take A Look At The Graph of the numerous ObamaCare delays: ACA_delays_delays-to-date_infographic
· Stopping Union Kick-Backs: Congressman Paul Gosar spearheaded a Arizona Republican Delegation letter to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), which was delivered on Thursday, commending its decision to move forward with construction of the new control tower at Tucson International Airport under a competitive bidding process. Every Republican member of Arizona’s Delegation signed the letter, including Reps. Trent Franks (AZ-08), Matt Salmon (AZ-05), and David Schweikert (AZ-06) as well as Sens. John McCain (R-AZ) and Jeff Flake (R-AZ). Prior to this decision, every Democrat in Arizona’s Delegation signed a letter to the FAA requesting that it impose a Project Labor Agreement (PLA) on contractors building the facility. Click HERE to read more and HERE to read our letter.
· The Arizona Senate Is Considering Legislation and a resolution relative to the Mexican wolf:
· -SB 1211 would allow a Department of Agriculture employee to take any wolf that has been documented or caught in the act of killing livestock and would not be subject to a penalty under federal law for doing so.
· -SB1212 appropriates $250,000 from the general fund in FY2014-15 to the Department of Law for litigation expenses relating to the expansion of the Mexican Wolf recovery program in Arizona.
· -SCR 1006 says, "The members of the Legislature support focusing future Mexican Wolf introduction efforts on remote areas within the northern Sierra Madre Occidental mountain range, support shifting primary responsibility for administration of the Mexican Wolf introduction program in Arizona and New Mexico to the game and fish departments of those states, and believe that private landowners in Arizona and New Mexico should be authorized to take Mexican Wolves that are killing, wounding or threatening humans, pets or livestock on private land." Contact your AZ legislators at: azleg.gov/alisStaticPages/ContactMembe
· LD13 House Candidate Diane Landis: “I was elected to the Litchfield Park City Council based on my platform of no city property taxes, fiscal conservatism, and limited government. I am proud of my service and invite everyone to take a look at my voting record as evidence that I was, and will be, true to those values as a city councilwoman and in the Arizona House of Representatives.”
· New Poll Shows Dismal Re-Election Prospects For John Mccain Arizona Republicans have increasing contempt for Senator John McCain.
· Hermanson-Announces-Candidacy-For-City-Council Maricopa Republican Club president
· Reducing Food Stamp Waste: Congressman Paul Gosar was original co-sponsor of the SNAP Verify Act of 2014, which would require people using an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also known as food stamps, to produce photo identification. Gosar said, “The easiest way to save taxpayer money is to eliminate waste, fraud and abuse. The most effective way to accomplish this is to require strict oversight of federal programs. As a dentist, I call the current oversight of the SNAP program toothless. This bill provides commonsense oversight of a rapidly expanding program by requiring users of SNAP EBT cards to show their photo ID when making purchases. It only makes sense that individuals utilizing federal assistance benefits should verify their identity not only to safeguard taxpayer dollars but also to protect the integrity of the program for those who need it most. It’s time to address rampant waste in the SNAP program.” Click HERE to read more.
· AFP Legislators-Of-The-Week LD20 Sen Kimberly Yee and LD21Rep Debbie Lesko
· State Treasurer Candidate Randall Pullen spoke to the LD3 Republicans in Pima County this morning.
· LD13 House Candidate Diane Landis recently spoke to the Yuma Republican Women.
· AZGOP Candidate Announcements and Events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary.
· CD4: Peeples Valley is named after A. H. Peeples, a gold prospector who led the group that discovered gold at Rich Hill in nearby Weaver, Arizona. – Congresman Paul Gosar
· If You Are Interested In Sponsoring A Table at the March 8 Maricopa County Republican Lincoln Day Luncheon, contact Lori Urban at GOPGAL14@gmail.com or 480-221-9633.
· Saving Jobs By Reigning In The EPA: Congressman Paul Gosar has announced his co-sponsorship of the Secret Science Reform Act of 2014, which would require the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to use public, reproducible science when proposing regulations. This bill will eliminate the use of junk science at the EPA, which frequently uses secret studies to justify regulations that fit their job-killing agenda. This bill requires the EPA to use scientific studies that are transparent and reproducible when justifying proposed regulations. Click HERE to read more.
· Sen John McCain will Address The Graham County Lincoln Day luncheon at noon on Mon, Feb 17 at the Eastern Arizona College Hoopes Activities Center, 615 N. Stadium Ave., in Thatcher. RSVP: Keith Alexander at 928-651-0455 or email@example.com.
· The Palo Verde Republican Women will meet 11:30 am, Feb 19, at the Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 E. Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale to hear Retired Border Patrol Office Zack Taylor talk about first-hand experience on the southern border. Lunch is $25. Reservations required. 11 am social. The Palo Verde ladies were named the "Best Club in State" at the recent State Chairman's GOP Banquet. RSVP: Edith Stock firstname.lastname@example.org, or 480-294-7092 (cell).
· Congressman Paul Gosar: Government Waste of the Week - $3 million: the cost for NASA to study how Congress works.
· Dr. Lyle Rapacki of the Sentinel Intelligence Services, will address the 6:30 pm, Mon, Feb 17 Arizona Project meeting at 3375 E. Shea Blvd, Phx. Rapacki will discuss national security and its effect on sovereignty. Rapacki has briefed select members of the Arizona legislature on border security and threats to the state’s sovereignty. Contact: Ron Ludders 602-677-1496.
· Sen John MCcain Will Hold A 3 Pm Town Hall meeting with Ventana Medical Systems employees in Tucson on Tues, Feb. 18.
· Gosar: ‘I Won't Stop Until Justice Is Served’: Manuel Osorio-Arellanes, who was one of the people who murdered Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, was sentenced to 30 years in prison on Monday. Congressman Paul Gosar said, “There are others directly involved in this murder who haven't been tried in U.S. courts and there are government officials who continue to deny responsibility for, and prior knowledge of, Operation Fast and Furious. Agent Terry’s death is a stain on the federal government, and as a member of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, I will continue to do everything in my power to hold those officials responsible in order to prevent a tragedy like this from ever occurring again. Click HERE to read more.
· Trevor Loudon, Political Researcher and author of "The Enemies Within" and constitutional expert Shane Krauser will speak at 6:30 pm, Wed., Feb 19 at the
Immaculate Heart High School, 625 E Magee Rd., Tucson. Loudon will also appear on Liberty Storm with Shane Krauser on 1100 AM in Phoenix, Thurs, Feb 20.
· The Maricopa County West Valley Republican Office will be closed Feb 17 in observance of Presidents Day.
· Coconino County Republican Committee's Feb 17 Lincoln Day Dinner is just about sold out. The dinner is scheduled at the DoubleTree Hotel on Rt. 66 in Flagstaff. Doors open at 5:30 pm. Candidates are welcome to bring their campaign literature and petitions. Tickets are $50 each. Tables of 8 are $350. Guest speakers are Secretary of State Ken Bennett, Congressman Matt Salmon and AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. Contact: Chairman Joy Staveley 928-606-1131 email@example.com
MCRC GOP has a new Website where you can make your March 8 Lincoln Day Luncheon reservations:
· Lincoln Day Luncheon – general information: Lincoln_Day_Lunch_2014
· Online Reservations: Lincoln_Day_Lunch Reservations
· Mail-In Reservations Form LDL reservations form
“Last year's Lincoln Day Luncheon was a tremendous success, and with your support, this year's will be even better. We had 317 attendees last year and our goal this year is 500 plus. This year's keynote speaker is nationally known Mark Herr Sr., Co-Founder and President of The Center for Self Governance (CSG). CSG trains citizen activists how to effectively apply leverage and influence at the local, state and federal levels of government and education. On behalf of the MCRC, we look forward to seeing everyone on 03/08. – A. J. LaFaro, Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
· The Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC) Lincoln Day Luncheon is scheduled for Sat, Mar 8, at the El-Zaribah Shrine Temple, 552 N. 40th St., Phoenix, AZ 85008. Registration begins at 11 am with the luncheon at 11:30 am. The speaker is nationally known Mark Herr Sr., co-founder and president of The Center for Self Governance (CSG). For table sponsorships - contact Lori Urban GOPGAL14@gmail.com or 480-221-9633. Reservations postmarked no later than Feb 21. Mail to Lynne Weaver, luncheon co-chairman, 2610 East Spring Road, Phoenix AZ, 85032. Payment only by credit card or checks payable to MCRC. Contact Lynne Weaver at LynneWeaver@cox.net or go to http://maricopa.arizonagop.us/ and make your reservations online. First Vice Chairman April Riggins firstname.lastname@example.org, luncheon co-chairman.
· County Committee Lincoln Day Events:
· Feb 17 - Coconino County Lincoln Day Dinner Woodlands/Doubletree Hotel, 1175 W Route 66, Flagstaff. Doors open at 5:30 pm, 6 pm program. RSVP Chairman Joy Staveley 928-606-1131
· Feb 17 - Graham County Lincoln Day Lunch Noon, Eastern AZ College Hoops Activity Center, 615 N Stadium Ave., Thatcher.
· Feb 22 – Cochise County Lincoln Day Dinner 5 pm, Thunder Mountain Activity Centre
on Fort Huachuca (ID required), Sierra Vista.
· Feb 28 - Pima County Lincoln Day Dinner 6 pm Social, 7 pm Dinner. Fraternal Order of Police Hall, 3445 N Dodge, Tucson.
· March 1- Pinal County Lincoln Day Luncheon 11am . Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch, Union Center, 3925 N Sun CIty Blvd., Florence.
· March 8 - Maricopa County Lincoln Day Lunch 11 am Registration, Luncheon 11:30 am., El–Zaribah Shrine Auditorium, 552 N. 40th St., Phoenix
· March 15 - Gila County Lincoln Day Luncheon 11:30 am, Tiny's Family Restaurant, 600 E Hightway 260, Payson.
· CD1 Candidate Adam Kwasman Is Scheduled to appear at the 6 pm, Feb 17 Coconino Republican Committee Lincoln Day Dinner. Woodlands Hotel, 1175 W Route 33, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 Contact: Joy Staveley, email@example.com
· The Sun City Republicans Club ‘Petition Signing’ event is scheduled at 6:30 pm, Feb 17 with the 2014 candidates in the Sundial Recreation Center, 14801 N. 103rd Ave., Sun City. (103rd Ave/Boswell Blvd). Republicans and Independents can sign petitions for their candidates. Those not carry a current RCSC membership card will be asked for a $2 admission fee. Contact: J. Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org or 623-972-5647. Any candidates who have not received an invite also contact J. Miller.
· International Speaker/Author Trevor Loudon will address “The Enemies Within” during his Arizona tour:
· Feb 17 – Red Mountain Patriots, Faith Mountain High School, Mesa
· Feb 18 – Tea Parties of America, North Gate Church, 34985 N. 75th St., Phx.
· Feb 19 – Immaculate Heart High School, 625 E McGee, Oro Valley
· Feb 20 – Tea Party Scottsdale, Chaparral Suites, 5001 N. Scottsdale Rd.
· Feb 21/22 – Western Conservative Conference, Phx Convention Cntr
Contact: Brad Zinn 602-841-6507 email@example.com
· Gov Jan Brewer Has Appointed Jack Sellers as the newest member of the Arizona State Transportation Board. Mr. Sellers will represent the Maricopa County region in the planning and development of Arizona’s transportation network. His appointment was confirmed Tuesday by the Arizona State Senate. Sellers lives in Chandler and has been a member of the Chandler City Council since 2009. He is the former facilities manager for the General Motors Desert Proving Ground in Mesa. Sellers replaces outgoing Board Member and Chairman Victor Flores, also of Maricopa County. www.azdot.gov/board.
· Vera Anderson Has Announced That The Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots will hold their 6:30 pm, Feb 18 meeting at the North Gate Church, 34835 N. 7th St., Phx, in conjunction the a presentation by international know writer/blogger Trevor Loudon www.trevorloundon.com of New Zealand. Loudon, author of “The Enemies Within” will address national security issues. The meeting begins at 6:30 pm. Contact Vera Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org
· Chandler Republican Women are hosting all GOP State Treasurer candidates at 7 pm, Feb 18 at the downtown Chandler Public Library, 22 S. Delaware St, Chandler, AZ 85225. Candidates Jeff DeWit, Hugh Hallman, Randy Pullen and Martin Sepulveda will make their presentations, followed by a Q&A. The meeting will be held upstairs in the Copper Room. 6:30 pm meet & gfreet. Contact email@example.com
· Nick Dranias, Director of Policy Development and Constitutional Government at the Goldwater Institute, will present, “The Army and Marines: The Convention of the States and Compact for America Approach to Article V (how the constitution can be changed)” at the 6:30 pm, Tues, Feb 18 Surprise Tea Party Patriots meeting scheduled at the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 West R.H. Johnson Blvd. Contact: Lynne Hirsch firstname.lastname@example.org Visit www.surpriseteapartypatriots.com
· The Arizona Republican Lawers Associaton is hosting a Feb 18 seminar on the nuts and bolts of running for public office from 9 am to 3 pm at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown, 340 N. Third St., Phx. $75 per person, including breakfast and lunch. Speakers on election law/campaign finance include:
· Congressman David Schweikert.
· David Cantelme, Cantelme & Brown
· Lisa Hauser, Gammage & Burnham
· Joe Kanefield, Ballard Spahr
· Kory Langhofer, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck
· Tim LaSota, Tiffany & Bosco
· Mike Liburdi, Snell & Wilmer
· Lee Miller, Law Office of Lee Miller
· Karen Osborne, Maricopa County Elections Director
· Eric Spencer, Snell & Wilmer
RSVP to Mike Liburdi by Feb 12 at 602-382-6170 or email@example.com
· Internationally renowned writer Trevor Loudon will address the Tea Party Patriots and the Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots at 6:30 pm, Feb 18 at the North Gate Church, 34835 N. 7th St, Phoenix, AZ 85086 (Carefree Hwy, No. 1 blk on 7th St). Chairman Vera Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org 602-821-4675 www.daisymountainteapartypatriots.com
· Freedom Talk Is Coming Back To Radio - Liberty Storm with Shane Krauser will join a new home this coming Mon., Feb 17. Stream from anywhere in the country, Monday through Friday, from 1- 3 pm (MST). 1100AM KFNX (Phx, AZ) or live stream by going here. Call: 480.347.8969 with recommendations for guests, topics, etc.
· Center For Self-Governance (CSG) is offering six Level 1 training classes in the Phoenix and Prescott areas during February and March, including:
· Sat., Feb. 15, 9am-5:30pm (Tempe)
· Sat., Feb. 22, 9am-5:30pm (North Phoenix)
· Thu.-Fri, Feb. 27-28, 10am-2:30pm (Scottsdale)
· Thu.-Fri, Feb. 27-28, 5:30-9:30pm (Peoria)
· Sat., Mar. 1, 10am-7pm (Prescott)
· Fri., Mar. 7, 9am-5:30pm (Phoenix area, location TBD)
CSG trains citizen activists how to effectively apply leverage and influence at the local, state, and federal levels of government and education, helping "We the People" take back America. Register www.tncsg.org. email email@example.com or contact Tracy at 480.529.1123.
· Feb 17 - THE SUN CITY REPUBLICANS CLUB is hosting a petition signing evening for all candidates running for election in 2014. The event will be open from 6:30-8:30 pm, at The Sundial Recreation Center, 14801 N. 103rd Ave., Sun City (103rd Ave/Boswell Blvd). Those not carrying a RSCS current membership will be asked for a $2 admission fee. Contact J. Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org or 623-972-5647. Any candidates who have not received an invite also contact J. Miller.
· Feb 17 – LD22 (3rd Mon) 6:30 pm. Westbrook Village Community Center. Traveling east or west on Union Hills Rd. enter Westbrook Village at Country Club Pkwy (first light west of 83rd Ave.) north to Vista’s Rec Center. Contact: Chr Eric Morgan at email@example.com
· Feb 17 – LEISURE WORLD REPUBLICAN CLUB (3rd Mon). Rec #1 at Leisure World. Secured facililty. Contact Chr Neil Peterman at firstname.lastname@example.org
· ?Feb 18 – LD4 (with Estrella Republican Club)(3rd Tues) 6:30 pm social. 7 pm mtg. Starpointe in Estrella Mountain Ranch. Contact: LD4 Chairman Rhonda King Rhondaking08@Gmail.Com 623-640-3742 Cell
· Feb 18 – CHANDLER REPUBLICAN WOMEN, (3rd Tues) 6:30 pm social, 7 pm mtg. Downtown Chandler, 250 S. Arizona Ave., Chandler, Speaker: Secretary of State candidate Michele Reagan and Gubernatorial candidate Christine Jones. Contact: 2nd Vice-Chair Lisa Askey email@example.com 602-320-9291.
· Feb 19 – PALO VERDE REPUBLICAN WOMEN’S CLUB. (3rd Wed) registration 11 am, 11:30 am lunch. Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 E Thompson Peak Pkwy, Scottsdale. $30 per person. Speaker: Retired Border Patrol Office Zach Taylor will talk about his first-hand experience on the Arizona’ southern border. The Palo Verde ladies were named the "Best Club in State" at the recent State Chairman's GOP Banquet. RSVP: Edith Stock firstname.lastname@example.org, or 480-294-7092 (cell).
· Congress Paul Gosar: Eliminate-Government-Waste Revive 'Regular Order' Budget
· Exposing What Lies Beneath The Bodies Of Dead Bankers And What Lies Ahead For Us Talley reportedly died from seven or eight “self-inflicted” wounds from a nail gun fired into his torso and head
· Senator John McCain On Mass Atrocities In Syria Feb 12 Floor Statement
· BP Busts More Than A Dozen Previously Deported Violent Felons Tucson Sector
· M3 Report Updated Daily Caution: Graphic Photos
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch:
SECOND AMENDMENT/GUN RIGHTS
FAST AND FURIOUS
· Video-Proves-Obama-Knew-About-Fast-And-Furious-2009 Video has surfaced of a White House press briefing which included then, Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and Deputy Attorney General DavidOgden talking about some specifics on Operation Gunrunner (aka Fast and Furious).
· Did Obama’s Minions Shut Down Prominent “Birther” Site? “Birther” Activist Miki Booth And Pastor James David Manning Discuss The Mysterious Trouble A Website Called “The Birther Report” Experienced Recently:
SUPPORT YOUR MARICOPA COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY
A Dime A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.10 times 365= $36.50 contribution
A Quarter A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.25 times 365= $91.25 contribution
A Nickel A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.05 times 365= $18.25 contribution
Frosty Taylor, Editor email@example.com