- ► February (26)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ▼ February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Maricopa County Republican Briefs
Maricopa County Republican Chairman: AJ LaFaro email@example.com
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser email@example.com
Feb 17, 2014
· Presidents’ Day Statement From Gov Jan Brewer: “Presidents’ Day is a time of reflection and patriotism, as Americans pay tribute to the visionary leaders who helped build and secure the great nation we are blessed to call home. On Monday, let us honor those great men – from George Washington, whose foresight and guidance united and freed our nation – to my hero, Ronald Reagan, who stood up for the values of individual freedom and liberty upon which this nation was founded. Such courageous and compelling leaders have navigated our country out of the most trying and tumultuous of times. As proud Americans, we should honor their legacy and follow their example. I wish you and your families a safe and peaceful Presidents’ Day. May God continue to bless our beautiful state and our exceptional nation.”
· Sheriff Joe Will Address The Gila County Republican’s Lincoln Day Luncheon at 11:30 am, March 15 at Tiny’s Restaurant, 600 E. Highway, Payson. For tickets, call Chairman Gary Morris at 602-803-7366. firstname.lastname@example.org
· Secretary Of State Candidate Wil Cardon’s campaign manager Daniel Caldwell says that a some folks are calling the old senate number which has been deactivated and using the old Senate email. Cardon’s current campaign can be reached via Caldwell at email@example.com or call 602-909-6258.
· Bill To Nullify Federal Gun Laws Headed To AZ Senate Floor Sen. Kelli “Ward's bill has the backing of a total of 12 sponsors and co-sponsors, as well as the support [from] Gun Owners of America ...” Ward’s SB 1294, would bar Arizona officials from enforcing federal gun control law, and would require that they be fired if they do.
· AZGOP Candidate Announcements and Events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary.
· The Sun City Grand Republican Interest Group Secretary Of State Candidate Forum is scheduled at 9 am, March 22 in the Hopi Room of the Chaparral Center, 19781 N. Remington Dr., Sun City Grand. The meeting is open to Sun City Grand residents, their guests and elected officials. Others wishing to attend should contact Ginny Nyre prior to the meeting. Contact: Ginny Nyre email@example.com (623-544-7187) or www.grandgop.com
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club’s upcoming schedule:
· Feb 25 – 7 pm, Social Meet-Up, Phil’s Filing Station (bar on the left side).
· March 15 – 8:30 am, Annual Breakfast at the FH American Legion.
· April 12 – 9 am, Gubernatorial candidates Forum, FH High School
· May 17 – 9 am, LD23 House candidates, FH Community Center.
· June 21 – 9 am, Candidates Make-up Session, FH Community Center.
· July 10, Aug 16, Sept 20 – regular meetings
· Aug 26 – Arizona Primary Elections
· A Fundraiser for Congressman Trent Franks, featuring former Republican Presidential candidate Herman Cain, is scheduled at 7 pm, Fri, Feb 21 at the Palomar Hotel in Downtown Phoenix. Tickets: $1000 per person or $1500 per couple. RSVP to Jessica Lycos at Jessica@essexorange.com
· LD13 Incumbent Reps Steve Montenegro And Darin Mitchell need volunteers to help walk their neighborhoods to gather petitions signatures to get on the primary ballot for re-election. Volunteers are needed at 8:30 am until 12:30 pm, lunch provided:
· Sat. Feb 22: Meet at Montenegro’s house.
· Sat. March 1: Meet at Mitchell’s house
· Sat. April 19: Walk neighborhoods in Yuma.
Or if you need petitions sheets for your neighborhoods RSVP to Melissa at : 623-670-8437 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Attorney General candidate Mark Brnovich needs volunteers to collect petition signatures to qualify for the ballot. Contact: -Daniel Stefanski (email@example.com).
· LD13 Senate Candidate Toby Farmer and his volunteers had a productive walk in the southwest valley. acquiring a number of signatures to qualify for the August primary ballot. Contact: Toby@FarmerAZ.com.
· Congressman Matt Salmon Is Conducting A Town Hall: ‘Returning America to Prosperity and Fiscal Responsibility’ at 6:30 pm, Wed, Feb 19 in the Mountain View High School auditorium, 2700 E Brown Road, Mesa. RSVP: (480) 699-8239 or click here.
· John Rhodes Presented Sen John Mccain with “The Lifetime American Patriot Award” during the Graham / Greenlee Lincoln Day Luncheon was held at Eastern Arizona College today.
· State Treasurer Candidate Randy Pullen will address the Colorado River Tea Party at noon, Feb 20 at the Community Christian Church, 6480 E. Hwy 95 coloradoriverteaparty
· CD1 Candidate Adam Kwasman will participate in the CD1 primary debate scheduled Wed, Feb 19 by the SaddleBrooke Republican Club at Mountain View Club House, 38759 S Mountain View Blvd, SaddleBrook, AZ 85739. Doors open at 3:35 pm. Debate at 4:15 pm. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or: email@example.com
· The Palo Verde Republican Women will meet 11:30 am, Feb 19, at the Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 E. Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale to hear Retired Border Patrol Office Zack Taylor talk about first-hand experience on the southern border. Lunch is $25. Reservations required. 11 am social. The Palo Verde ladies were named the "Best Club in State" at the recent State Chairman's GOP Banquet. RSVP: Edith Stock firstname.lastname@example.org, or 480-294-7092 (cell).
· Arizona Corporation Commission Candidates Doug Little And Tom Forese will be celebrating Forese’s 40th birthday and discussing campaign issues with guests from 6-8 pm, Feb 19 at Chateau de Vie, 1220 N. Kyrene Rd., Chandler. Hosts: Shelly and Nick Goodman.
· Presidents' Portraits Grace Arrowhead Elementary School’s Walls There is a little-known place in the Valley that houses a complete set of portraits of the presidents of the United States. The unusual collection comprises 43 paintings, done on 20-inch by 24-inch canvases and set in gold-leaf frames.
· Rep Heather Carter’s HB2605 passed the Education Committee today 9-0.
· Deadline For Ordering Your Tickets for the March 8 Maricopa County Republican Committee’s Lincoln Day Luncheon by Fri, Feb 21. $30 per person.
· Info: Lincoln_Day_Lunch_2014 Online
· Reservations: maricopa.arizonagop.us=Lincoln_Day_Lunch
· Mail in reservations form:_LDL_Flyer.pdf
· Table sponsorships: Lori Urban GOPGAL14@gmail.com or 480-221-9633
· Do You Have Raffle Items For The Maricopa County Republican Committee’s Lincoln Day Luncheon? Contact: LDL Raffle Chair Lady Margot Wittenberg at 480-488-909 MsPorsche21@aol.com
· The MCRC New Web Address Is: http://maricopa.arizonagop.us If there's something that you need and can't find, please contact MCRC Webmaster John Strasser at 480-273-8798 or email@example.com
· ATTN LD & Club Chairman: The 2-16-14 calendars have been posted at http://briefs.maricopagop.org/ Please check your postings for accuracy so we can keep these constantly changing calendars current. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Bills Affecting ‘Common Core’ will be heard at 8:30 am, Feb 20 by the Legislative Education Committee at the Capitol. azleg.gov/agendas/02200157112.pdf
Concerned Veterans for America (CVA) is holding a free informational and training luncheon for both veterans and concerned Americans on Sun, Feb 23 from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm at Marjele's Sports Grill, 24 N 2nd St., Phx. RSVP: concernedveteransforamerica.org
· International Speaker/Author Trevor Loudon will address “The Enemies Within” during his Arizona tour:
· Feb 18 – Tea Parties of America, North Gate Church, 34985 N. 75th St., Phx.
· Feb 19 – Immaculate Heart High School, 625 E McGee, Oro Valley
· Feb 20 – Tea Party Scottsdale, Chaparral Suites, 5001 N. Scottsdale Rd.
· Feb 21/22 – Western Conservative Conference, Phx Convention Cntr
Contact: Brad Zinn 602-841-6507 email@example.com
· County Committee Lincoln Day Events:
· Feb 22 – Cochise County Lincoln Day Dinner 5 pm, Thunder Mountain Activity Centre
on Fort Huachuca (ID required), Sierra Vista.
· Feb 28 - Pima County Lincoln Day Dinner 6 pm Social, 7 pm Dinner. Fraternal Order of Police Hall, 3445 N Dodge, Tucson.
· March 1- Pinal County Lincoln Day Luncheon 11am . Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch, Union Center, 3925 N Sun CIty Blvd., Florence.
· March 8 - Maricopa County Lincoln Day Lunch 11 am Registration, Luncheon 11:30 am., El–Zaribah Shrine Auditorium, 552 N. 40th St., Phoenix
· March 15 - Gila County Lincoln Day Luncheon 11:30 am, Tiny's Family Restaurant, 600 E Hightway 260, Payson.
· Chandler Republican Women are hosting all GOP State Treasurer candidates at 7 pm, Feb 18 at the downtown Chandler Public Library, 22 S. Delaware St, Chandler, AZ 85225. Candidates Jeff DeWit, Hugh Hallman, Randy Pullen and Martin Sepulveda will make their presentations, followed by a Q&A. The meeting will be held upstairs in the Copper Room. 6:30 pm meet & gfreet. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
· Sen John McCain Will Hold A Town Hall meeting with Ventana Medical Systems employees in Tucson at 3 pm, on Tues, Feb. 18.
The Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots will hold their 6:30 pm, Feb 18 meeting at the North Gate Church, 34835 N. 7th St., Phx, in conjunction the a presentation by international know writer/blogger Trevor Loudon www.trevorloundon.com of New Zealand. Loudon, author of “The Enemies Within” will address national security issues. The meeting begins at 6:30 pm. Contact Vera Anderson email@example.com
· Nick Dranias, Director of Policy Development and Constitutional Government at the Goldwater Institute, will present, “The Army and Marines: The Convention of the States and Compact for America Approach to Article V (how the constitution can be changed)” at the 6:30 pm, Tues, Feb 18 Surprise Tea Party Patriots meeting scheduled at the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 West R.H. Johnson Blvd. Contact: Lynne Hirsch firstname.lastname@example.org Visit www.surpriseteapartypatriots.com
The Arizona Republican Lawers Association is hosting a Feb 18 seminar on the nuts and bolts of running for public office seminar from 9 am to 3 pm at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown, 340 N. Third St., Phx. $75 per person, including breakfast and lunch. RSVP to Mike Liburdi at 602-382-6170 or email@example.com
· The Arizona Game And Fish Department will host a Sportsmen's Open Forum from 6-8 pm, Feb 19 at the Phoenix Headquarters, 5000 W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix to discuss issues important to constituencies. There will also be time for open dialogue with those who would like to discuss issues that are of concern and/or importance to sportsmen. Contact: Jim Paxon, Special Assistant to the AZGFD Director firstname.lastname@example.org www.azgfd.gov
· Trevor Loudon, Political Researcher and author of "The Enemies Within" and constitutional expert Shane Krauser will speak at 6:30 pm, Wed., Feb 19 at the
Immaculate Heart High School, 625 E Magee Rd., Tucson. Loudon will also appear on Liberty Storm with Shane Krauser on 1100 AM in Phoenix, Thurs, Feb 20.
MCRC GOP has a new Website where you can make your March 8 Lincoln Day Luncheon reservations:
· Lincoln Day Luncheon – general information: Lincoln_Day_Lunch_2014
· Online Reservations: Lincoln_Day_Lunch Reservations
· Mail-In Reservations Form LDL reservations form
“Last year's Lincoln Day Luncheon was a tremendous success, and with your support, this year's will be even better. We had 317 attendees last year and our goal this year is 500 plus. This year's keynote speaker is nationally known Mark Herr Sr., Co-Founder and President of The Center for Self Governance (CSG). CSG trains citizen activists how to effectively apply leverage and influence at the local, state and federal levels of government and education. On behalf of the MCRC, we look forward to seeing everyone on 03/08. – A. J. LaFaro, Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
· The Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC) Lincoln Day Luncheon is scheduled for Sat, Mar 8, at the El-Zaribah Shrine Temple, 552 N. 40th St., Phoenix, AZ 85008. Registration begins at 11 am with the luncheon at 11:30 am. The speaker is nationally known Mark Herr Sr., co-founder and president of The Center for Self Governance (CSG). For table sponsorships - contact Lori Urban GOPGAL14@gmail.com or 480-221-9633. Reservations postmarked no later than Feb 21. Mail to Lynne Weaver, luncheon co-chairman, 2610 East Spring Road, Phoenix AZ, 85032. Payment only by credit card or checks payable to MCRC. Contact Lynne Weaver at LynneWeaver@cox.net or go to http://maricopa.arizonagop.us/ and make your reservations online. First Vice Chairman April Riggins email@example.com, luncheon co-chairman.
· ?Feb 18 – LD4 (with Estrella Republican Club)(3rd Tues) 6:30 pm social. 7 pm mtg. Starpointe in Estrella Mountain Ranch. Contact: LD4 Chairman Rhonda King Rhondaking08@Gmail.Com 623-640-3742 Cell
· Feb 18 – CHANDLER REPUBLICAN WOMEN, (3rd Tues) 6:30 pm social, 7 pm mtg. Downtown Chandler, 250 S. Arizona Ave., Chandler, Speaker: Secretary of State candidate Michele Reagan and Gubernatorial candidate Christine Jones. Contact: 2nd Vice-Chair Lisa Askey firstname.lastname@example.org 602-320-9291.
· Feb 20– LD16 (3rd Thur), 6:30 pm social, 7 pm mtg. Liberty Arts Academy, 3015 S. Power Rd., Mesa. Just south of Guadalupe on east side of Power Rd. In the Auditorium. Contact: Chr Jerry Clingman Cell 480-861-4958 Home 480-986-5236 email@example.com http://www.ld16gop@us
· Feb 20 - LD24 (3rd Thru) 7 pm, AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Contact: Chr LD24 Chr Brian Kaufman 480-442-2424 bkaufx@gmail,com
· Feb 20 – ARIZONA REPUBLICAN LAWYERS ASSN (AzRLA). 11:45 Am, Phoenix Country Club. Speaker: Cindy McCain: The Fight Against Human Trafficking: An Update on State and National Efforts. $20 for members, $35 for non-members. RSVP by Feb 7 to David Francis, Communications Chair AzRLA firstname.lastname@example.org
· Feb 21 & 22 – Western Conservative Conference, Phoenix Convention Center. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio will be roasted. Conference speakers include activist Ted Nugent, actor Steven Seagal, Sheriff Richard Mack, Congressman Matt Salmon, and former Ariz Sen Russell Pearce. Tickets: www.westernconservative.org
· Politics-Unplugged-Feb-16-2014 Bronovich & Rotellini
· McCain 'Won't Give Up' On Immigration Sen. John McCain (R-Az) Says He's Not Giving Up On Trying To Pass Immigration Reform Yet.
· M3 Report Updated Daily Caution: Graphic Photos
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch:
SECOND AMENDMENT/GUN RIGHTS
· Clinton-Volunteer: Hillary-Is-The-War-On-Women 'Just Pack Your Bags. You've Had Your 15 Minutes'
· Restricted-Access Clinton Foundation Keeps Tight Leash On Papers From Bill Clinton’s Tenure As Governor
· Obama-Admin-Denies-New-Jersey-Quick-Access-To-Rock-Salt Administration Refuses To Grant Waiver For 1920 Law To Speed Transport Of Salt For Icy Roads
SUPPORT YOUR MARICOPA COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY
A Dime A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.10 times 365= $36.50 contribution
A Quarter A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.25 times 365= $91.25 contribution
A Nickel A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.05 times 365= $18.25 contribution
Frosty Taylor, Editor email@example.com