- ► April (21)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ▼ February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Maricopa County Republican Briefs
Chairman: AJ LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser firstname.lastname@example.org
Feb 18, 2014
· Sen John McCain Meets Duke Schechter 2-18-14 Sen. John McCain vs "Duke" after McCain addresses the Pima County Republicans
· Sen John McCain Vs Keith Van Heyningen 2-18-14 Clash at Pima County Republican gathering
· Our Sympathy To The Family To Arrowhead Republican Women’s Club Member Elaine Irving, who passed away Feb 10 during surgery for a ruptured aneurysm. Sympathy cards can be sent to the family at: Kurt Kleinschmidt, 1405 Marshland Way, Bull Valley, IL 60098.
· The Tempe Republican Women will meet at the Pyle Center at 6:30 pm on Mon, Feb 24 to hear Dr. Critchtlow. Members are asked to bring non-aerosol shaving gel, foot powder and 4 oz. sunflower seeds for Packages from Home.
· A Fund Raiser For Arizona Corporation Commission candidates Doug Little and Tom Forese is scheduled at 6 pm, Wed., Feb 19 at the home of Shelly and Nick Goodman, at Chateau de Vie, 1220 N. Kyrene Rd., Chandler. There will be food, beverages and birthday cake for my running mate, Tom Forese.
· The Voice Of Veterans Radio Show “What is it like to be the Spouse/Significant Other of a U.S. Military Service Member?” featuring Retired US Army Col Jack Culberson and his wife Candy, is now available in the archive section of vovradioshow.org/ShowArchives This program was dedicated to understanding the stress, and courage, through the eyes of a child, wife, and mother, needed as a member of a military family. Throughout Jack’s interview of his wife’s experiences, you will begin to understand the life and responsibilities of a military Spouse.
· Senate Education Committee Agenda For Tomorrow – Thurs, Feb 20 - contains several Common Core related bills: See agendas
SB1095 – withdrawl from PARCC (Crandell, Ward, Seel, et al)
SB1100 – unused or underused buildings (Yee, Murphy, Ward, et al)
SB1121 – high school graduation; tests moratorium (Ward, Burges, Borrelli et al)
SB1199 – school board members, school employment (Burges)
SB1228 – higher education; tuition; tuition; fee; reduction (Crandell)
SB1229 – higher education vouchers (Crandell)
SB1240 – education; meetings; technical correction, retirement; return to work; (Yee)
SB1310 – common core; prohibition (Melvin)
SB1388 – academic standards; test (Ward, Burges: Griffin)
SB1395 – competency requirements; assessments; optional (Burges, Crandell: Griffin)
SB1396 – assessments (Farnsworth D. Burges)
SB1466 – smart school technology pilot program (McComish, Driggs, Pancrzi, et al)
SB1480 – transporting district conversions (Griffin)
· Diane Douglas, Candidate For Supt Of Public Instruction, needs volunteer to gather signatures to get her name on the ballot for the August primary. She needs volunteers for:
· Feb 20 – Scottsdale Tea Party where author Trevor Louden will be speaking.
· Feb 22 – Western Conservative Conference at the Phx Convention Center.
· Feb 22 & 23 – Gun Show – Ariz Fairgrounds.
· Feb 27 - March 2– Parada del Sol Rodeo in Scottsdale
Volunteers should contact Coordinator Kristine Johnson at 480-241-7111.
· LD29 House Candidate Aaron Borders is looking for volunteers to help with his campaign. Volunteers are needed to walk neighborhoods every Saturday morning. Contact: Tiffani 480-559-3168 or email her at Tiff4ab@gmail.com www.AaronBorders4AZ.com
· Yuma County Schools Supt Thomas Tyree has been elected to a second term as president of the State Board of Education. Greg Miller, the board’s charter school representative, is the vice president for 2014.
· Bruce Ash, Arizona’s Republican National Committee Member, will address the Southern Arizona Republicans at 7 p.m. Thurs, Feb. 20, at the Sonoita-Elgin Firehouse.
· A Reception In Support Of Congressman David Schweikert is scheduled Thur., Feb 20 at the home of Pam Overton Risoleo and Jim Risoleo, 8202 N. Mockingbird Lane, Paradise Valley. A VIP roundtable is scheduled at 5:30, followed by a general reception at 6:30 pm. Co-hosts include Teddy Eynon, Kurt Budenbender, Tom Gilman, and Dennis Danzik. Cochair – $1,000. Co-host $250. Reception - $100. RSVP: Allison Mary Allison@davidschweikert.com 480-628-2763.
· HB 2322 Has Been Scheduled For A Hearing In The House Public Safety, Military and Regulatory Affairs (PSMRA) Committee on Wed, Feb 19. The Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL) is gearing up to fight HB2322 – which is an attempt to meet the federal requirements for adding those with mental health/competency issues to the data fed into the National Instant Criminal Background (NICS) database. In addition to meeting federal mandates, it creates a new state database for monitoring mental competency, and it also adds to the list of prohibited possessors in Arizona those determined to be “incompetent” by a court AND anyone simply charged with, but not convicted of, certain firearms and domestic violence offenses, according to AzCDL. HB 2322, in its current form needs to be stopped and the proposed amendment doesn’t go far enough to protect Arizona’s law-abiding gun owners.
· The Yuma Republican Women will meet at 11:30 am, Feb 26 at the Putter Inn/Desert Hills restaurant to hear Yuma County School Supt Tom Tyree and State Treasurer Doug Ducey, who is a gubernatorial candidate.
· Justice Of The Peace Gerald Williams of the North Valley Justice Court reports the following incoming cases filed in January 2014: 24 DUIs, 102 additional criminal traffic cases, 58 additional misdemeanors, 284 civil traffic cases, 34 small claims cases, 149 eviction actions, 14 orders of protection, 8 injunctions against harassment, and 229 additional civil lawsuits. The Court collected $63,393.68 in fines.
· Gov Jan Brewer Appointed Michael J. Lacey to serve as the new Director of the Arizona Department of Water Resources (ADWR). Lacey has been the Department’s Deputy Director since 2011, serving as the chief operating officer overseeing the protection and administration of water rights and water supplies. Lacey received his Master’s degree in Physical Geography from Arizona State University (1987) and has a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Geography from the University of Delaware (1982). His appointment fills the vacancy created by the departure of ADWR Director Sandra Fabritz-Whitney.
· Constitutional Attorney Shane Krauser will moderate a CLE (Continuing Legal Education) session from 8 am to 5 pm, March 5 in the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at ASU, 1100 S. Mc Allister, Tempe, to discuss the pros and cons of holding an Article V Convention. Tickets: is-it-time-to-amend-the-us-constitution
· Well-Known Sheriff Richard Mack, founder of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Offciers Assn, will address Remember 1986 at 6:30 pm, March 6 at Coco’s Bakery Restaurant, 4514 E. Cactus Rd., Phx. Mack, a former Arizona sheriff, is the first sheriff to sue the federal government for overreach of the Brady Bill. Limited seating. Free admission. Order from menu. RSVP: Corky1942@q.com
· The Thomas Jefferson Center is hosting a “symposium to discuss Article V- US Constitution between 9 am to 5 pm, March 7 at the Clearview Cultural Center, 1355 S. Clearview, Mesa. $5 admission. Article 5 panelists include Shane Krauser, American Academy for Constitution Education; Nick Dranius, Goldwater Institute/Compact for America; Joshua Carden, Convention of States Project; Russell Pearce, former AZ Senate President and Moderator: Kenny Johnson, Mesa BSA District Commissioner. 2014 candidates are on the afternoon agenda. Verl Farnsworth will present at 3:30 pm Constitution class. Light lunch provided; RSVP: Edna Haws email@example.com or 480-964-1170
A March 21-23 Prepperfestaz Expo will feature constitutional rights speakers Shane Krauser, Stewart Rhodes, Sheriff Richard Mack, Firearms laws expert Alan Korwin, Arizona Citizens Defense League representatives and radio talk show host Steve Kates at the Arizona State Fairgrounds, 1826 W. McDowell Road, Phx. Tickets: $10 in advance. $12 at the door. Contact: Tony Tangalos at 602-321-4100 or www.PrepperFestAZ.com
· Gov Jan Brewer Has Approved A Master Energy Plan - empower Arizona: Executive Energy Assessment and Pathways a collaborative effort by the Governor’s Office of Energy Policy, Arizona Commerce Authority, Arizona Legislature, Arizona Corporation Commission and leading industry partners. It reflects a key priority of Governor Brewer’s “Four Cornerstones of Reform” policy agenda and represents the first comprehensive energy document in the state in more than two decades. The Master Energy Plan was developed by the Arizona Master Energy Plan Task Force, appointed by Brewer in 2013 with assistance by the Energy Policy Innovation Council at Arizona State University. The Task Force consisted of 40 members and was divided into four work groups: Transportation, Fuels and Infrastructure Planning; Business Development, Regulation and Workforce; Environment, Natural Resources and Land Use; and Technology Development. See plan: bit.ly/1fwyAGF.
· Secretary Of State Candidate Wil Cardon’s campaign manager Daniel Caldwell says that a some folks are calling the old senate number which has been deactivated and using the old Senate email. Cardon’s current campaign can be reached via Caldwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-909-6258.
· AZGOP Candidate Announcements and Events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary.
· Congressman Matt Salmon Is Conducting A Town Hall: ‘Returning America to Prosperity and Fiscal Responsibility’ at 6:30 pm, Wed, Feb 19 in the Mountain View High School auditorium, 2700 E Brown Road, Mesa. RSVP: (480) 699-8239 or click here.
· CD1 Candidate Adam Kwasman will participate in the CD1 primary debate scheduled Wed, Feb 19 by the SaddleBrooke Republican Club at Mountain View Club House, 38759 S Mountain View Blvd, SaddleBrook, AZ 85739. Doors open at 3:35 pm. Debate at 4:15 pm. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or: email@example.com
· The Palo Verde Republican Women will meet 11:30 am, Feb 19, at the Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 E. Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale to hear Retired Border Patrol Office Zack Taylor talk about first-hand experience on the southern border. Lunch is $25. Reservations required. 11 am social. The Palo Verde ladies were named the "Best Club in State" at the recent State Chairman's GOP Banquet. RSVP: Edith Stock firstname.lastname@example.org, or 480-294-7092 (cell).
· Arizona Corporation Commission Candidates Doug Little And Tom Forese will be celebrating Forese’s 40th birthday and discussing campaign issues with guests from 6-8 pm, Feb 19 at Chateau de Vie, 1220 N. Kyrene Rd., Chandler. Hosts: Shelly and Nick Goodman.
· Rep Heather Carter’s HB2605 passed the House Education Committee today 9-0. Read the bill: http://andyssunshine.com/media/hb2605-in-the-house-education-committee/ Watch the committee mtg: house-education-committee
· Deadline For Ordering Your Tickets for the March 8 Maricopa County Republican Lincoln Day Luncheon by Fri, Feb 21. $30 per person.
· Info: Lincoln_Day_Lunch_2014 Online
· Reservations: maricopa.arizonagop.us=Lincoln_Day_Lunch
· Mail in reservations form:_LDL_Flyer.pdf
· Table sponsorships: Lori Urban GOPGAL14@gmail.com or 480-221-9633
· Do You Have Raffle Items For The Maricopa County Lincoln Day Luncheon? Contact: LDL Raffle Chair Lady Margot Wittenberg at 480-488-9098 MsPorsche21@aol.com
· The New Maricopa County Republican Committee Web Address Is: http://maricopa.arizonagop.us If there's something that you need and can't find, please contact Webmaster John Strasser at 480-273-8798 or email@example.com
· Bills Affecting ‘Common Core’ will be heard at 8:30 am, Feb 20 by the Legislative Education Committee at the Capitol. azleg.gov/agendas/02200157112.pdf
· International Speaker/Author Trevor Loudon will address “The Enemies Within” during his Arizona tour:
· Feb 19 – Immaculate Heart High School, 625 E McGee, Oro Valley
· Feb 20 – Tea Party Scottsdale, Chaparral Suites, 5001 N. Scottsdale Rd.
· Feb 21/22 – Western Conservative Conference, Phx Convention Cntr
Contact: Brad Zinn 602-841-6507 firstname.lastname@example.org
· County Committee Lincoln Day Events:
· Feb 22 – Cochise County Lincoln Day Dinner 5 pm, Thunder Mountain Activity Centre on Fort Huachuca (ID required), Sierra Vista.
· Feb 28 - Pima County Lincoln Day Dinner 6 pm Social, 7 pm Dinner. Fraternal Order of Police Hall, 3445 N Dodge, Tucson.
· March 1- Pinal County Lincoln Day Luncheon 11am . Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch, Union Center, 3925 N Sun City Blvd., Florence.
· March 8 - Maricopa County Lincoln Day Lunch 11 am Registration, Luncheon 11:30 am., El–Zaribah Shrine Auditorium, 552 N. 40th St., Phoenix
· March 15 - Gila County Lincoln Day Luncheon 11:30 am, Tiny's Family Restaurant, 600 E Hightway 260, Payson.
· The Arizona Game And Fish Department will host a Sportsmen's Open Forum from 6-8 pm, Feb 19 at the Phoenix Headquarters, 5000 W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix to discuss issues important to constituencies. There will also be time for open dialogue with those who would like to discuss issues that are of concern and/or importance to sportsmen. Contact: Jim Paxon, Special Assistant to the AZGFD Director email@example.com www.azgfd.gov
· Trevor Loudon, Political Researcher and author of "The Enemies Within" and constitutional expert Shane Krauser will speak at 6:30 pm, Wed., Feb 19 at the
Immaculate Heart High School, 625 E Magee Rd., Tucson. Loudon will also appear on Liberty Storm with Shane Krauser on 1100 AM in Phoenix, Thurs, Feb 20.
Make your March 8 Maricopa County Republican Lincoln Day Luncheon reservations:
· General information: Lincoln_Day_Lunch_2014
· Online Reservations: Lincoln_Day_Lunch Reservations
· Mail-In Reservations Form LDL reservations form
“Last year's Lincoln Day Luncheon was a tremendous success, and with your support, this year's will be even better. We had 317 attendees last year and our goal this year is 500 plus. This year's keynote speaker is nationally known Mark Herr Sr., Co-Founder and President of The Center for Self Governance (CSG), according to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro.
· The Maricopa County Republican Lincoln Day Luncheon is scheduled for Sat, March 8, at the El-Zaribah Shrine Temple, 552 N. 40th St., Phoenix, AZ 85008. Registration begins at 11 am with the luncheon at 11:30 am. For table sponsorships - contact Lori Urban GOPGAL14@gmail.com or 480-221-9633. Reservations postmarked no later than Feb 21. Mail to Lynne Weaver, luncheon co-chairman, 2610 East Spring Road, Phoenix AZ, 85032. Payment only by credit card or checks payable to MCRC. Contact Lynne Weaver at LynneWeaver@cox.net or go to http://maricopa.arizonagop.us/ and make reservations online. First Vice Chairman April Riggins firstname.lastname@example.org, luncheon co-chairman.
· New Office Hours For The Yavapai County Republican Committee Headquarters. In effect now, Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10 am to 2 pm. Staffed Monday-Thursday from 2-4 pm. and Friday 9am – 4 pm with a volunteer (L.G. Mace, 2nd Vice Chair and PC Coordinator).
· Feb 20– LD16 (3rd Thur), 6:30 pm social, 7 pm mtg. Liberty Arts Academy, 3015 S. Power Rd., Mesa. Just south of Guadalupe on east side of Power Rd. In the Auditorium. Contact: Chr Jerry Clingman Cell 480-861-4958 Home 480-986-5236 email@example.com http://www.ld16gop@us
· Feb 20 - LD24 (3rd Thru) 7 pm, AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Contact: Chr LD24 Chr Brian Kaufman 480-442-2424 bkaufx@gmail,com
· Feb 20 – ARIZONA REPUBLICAN LAWYERS ASSN (AzRLA). 11:45 Am, Phoenix Country Club. Speaker: Cindy McCain: The Fight Against Human Trafficking: An Update on State and National Efforts. $20 for members, $35 for non-members. RSVP by Feb 7 to David Francis, Communications Chair AzRLA firstname.lastname@example.org
· Feb 21 & 22 – Western Conservative Conference, Phoenix Convention Center. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio will be roasted. Conference speakers include activist Ted Nugent, actor Steven Seagal, Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Sheriff Richard Mack, Congressman Matt Salmon, former Ariz Sen Russell Pearce. Tickets: www.westernconservative.org
· Senate Bills Barring Federal Law Efforts Stall Bills Requiring Federal Agents To Register With A Local Sheriff And Barring Federal Officials From Making Arrests Without The Sheriff's Permission Have Stalled Over Constitutional Concerns.
· Border-Patrol-Involved-Fatal-Shooting Officials: Agent kills man in rock attack
· Federal Authorities Shut Down a 481-foot illicit drug tunnel in Nogales Feb. 10, the longest such tunnel ever discovered in the border city, following a multi-agency investigation by the Nogales Tunnel Task Force. Full Story
· A Former Albanian Secret Service Agent convicted of murdering his girlfriend and her mother in Albania was removed from the United States Feb. 12 by officers with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO). Full Story
· An Egyptian Human Trafficking Victim enslaved as a girl in southern California wrote an autobiography that details her ordeal and subsequent life in the U.S. after being rescued by ICE’s Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) special agents and the local police department. Full Story
· A Federal Grand Jury Indictment was unsealed Feb. 13 charging the former Secretary of Finance for the Mexican State of Coahuila, Mexico, for his alleged role in a money laundering conspiracy. Full Story
· Federal Officials Announced Feb. 13 the final record-breaking results of Operation Team Player, the nationwide law enforcement effort aimed at combatting counterfeit sports merchandise. Full Story
· M3 Report Updated Daily Caution: Graphic Photos
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch:
SECOND AMENDMENT/GUN RIGHTS
· Feinstein Gun Ban Bill Analysis Alan Korwin
· Clinton-Volunteer: Hillary-Is-The-War-On-Women 'Just Pack Your Bags. You've Had Your 15 Minutes'
· Restricted-Access Clinton Foundation Keeps Tight Leash On Papers From Bill Clinton’s Tenure As Governor
· Katie Couric's 17-Minute Report That Unleashed A Firestorm Of Wrath Did Katie Couric Deserve The Public Flogging She Received After Giving Airtime To The Family Of Two Victims Of A Supposedly Safe Medical Procedure? What The Attackers Don't Reveal Is That The U.S. Government Has Already Awarded $3 Billion In Compensation For Injuries And Deaths.
SUPPORT YOUR MARICOPA COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY
A Dime A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.10 times 365= $36.50 contribution
A Quarter A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.25 times 365= $91.25 contribution
A Nickel A Day to Keep the Democrats Away
$.05 times 365= $18.25 contribution
Frosty Taylor, Editor email@example.com