- ► June (26)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ▼ March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
March 5, 2014
· URGENT: Volunteers Who Have Kept The Maricopa County West Valley Republican office operational for the past six years need financial assistance to ensure the continued operation of a MCRC office at a new location – Bell Road and Boswell Avenue. The monthly rent and utilities will be $1,400. Lease is for one year with an option for two additional years. Terms are $5,000 on occupancy and $5,800 within 60 days. This represents the first year’s rental obligation. There are only seven working days until the first installment is due. As of this morning, they had a little over $3000. Generous donations are needed by Thurs, March 6. To make donations to meet this commitment contact Volunteer Randy Hanson at 623-977-4532 or MCRCwest@cox.net The MCRC West Valley office must be vacated by March 11 because the 99thAve/Bell Road shopping center owners can no longer provide free office space.
· A Fundraiser Memorial Dinner Will Be Held In Memory Of Detective John T. Hobbs from noon until 8 pm, Sun, March 9 at the Mu Shu Asian Grill, 1502 W. Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ 85015. Hobbs was shot and killed in the line of duty this week. Restaurant owner Garry Ong said all proceeds will be donated to the Hobbs family.
· Common Core Fighters: Sen Al Melvin's Bill SB1310 (Common Core Prohibition from the Standards and the Assessment) [sb1310o.asp&Session_ID=112 ] will be voted on in the Senate Committee of the Whole today (Senate COW)! Senate COW usually meets at 1 pm. Senators contact info: azleg.gov/MemberRoster Info : arizonansagainstcommoncore.com/
· LD17 Candidates Are Encouraged To Bring Their Clip Boards and petitions to the Ostrich Festival Booth on March 7-9 so signatures can be gathered for you. Or contact on of the LD17 board members to arrange pick up of your petitions. Contact: Sandi Bartlett at email@example.com or 480 600 2874 to volunteer.
· Svoboda Party Nazism in Ukraine Supported by John McCain & U.S.? Jews Advised to Leave In December 2013 Senator John McCain met in Kiev with the now-Prime-Minister of Ukraine, Arseniy Yatsenyuk of the Batkivshchnya Party, and Oleh Tyahnybok, leader of the Svoboda (Freedom) Party. Svoboda is reportedly the fourth largest political party in the coalition government which has now joined with Batkivshchnya.
· If This Passionate Defense Of The American Dream Doesn’t Move You, You Might Be A Liberal Herman Cain recounts his dad's inspiring story as part of his keynote speech at the Western Conservative Conference in Phoenix on February 22, 2014.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs, a former police officer and deputy sheriff, joined the legions of Arizonans mourning the shooting death of Phoenix police detective John Hobbs and the serious wounding of a second officer. "Detective Hobbs was a true hero and we mourn his passing and pray for the complete recovery of the wounded officer. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of both officers. Our lives and liberties are more secure today because law enforcement officers like Detective Hobbs and his partner confront evil on a daily basis. As former police officers, my wife Cathy and I treasure the bond we share with the law enforcement fraternity. A part of us will always be 'on the beat' with the men and women of law enforcement. Law enforcement officers go to work each day believing they are making a difference. We owe them a lasting debt of gratitude for their courageous service to the citizens of Arizona in every part of the state," Riggs concluded.
· Salmon Leads AZ Delegation Letter Requesting Additional Customs Officers For AZ Ports Of Entry: Bipartisan Letter to Secretary of Homeland Security highlights need for more effective and secure port of entry -- Today, Rep. Matt Salmon (AZ-05) released the following statement regarding his letter to Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson requesting that an additional 500 Customs officers be assigned to the Arizona ports of entry: “This letter highlights the bipartisan desire to work together to improve the ports of entry in Arizona. As highlighted in my December field hearing in Tucson, improving our security and flow of commerce between Mexico and Arizona is economically beneficial and more resources are needed. Mexico is Arizona’s top trading partner, with upwards of $13 billion worth of trade crossing our shared border each year. Mexican visitors spend over $7 million each day in Arizona, translating to $2.3 billion dollars annually. It is clear that in terms of job creation and economic opportunity for Arizona and the country, our relationship with Mexico is vital.
The good news is that our commercial relationship with Mexico continues to grow – in fact, total trade between the U.S. and Mexico has grown by over 600% since the 1990s. The bad news is that our ports of entry face significant challenges keeping up with this growth, resulting in wait times along the border that cost an average of $7.2 billion a year. That is why we are in agreement that we need additional Customs officers to be assigned to Arizona.” The letter was signed by the following Members of the Arizona delegation: Reps. Matt Salmon (CD5-R), Kyrsten Sinema (CD9-D), Trent Franks (CD8-R), Raul Grijalva (CD3-D), David Schweikert (CD6-R), Ron Barber (CD2-D), Paul Gosar (CD4-R), and Rep. Anne Kirkpatrick (CD1-D). Click here to view a signed copy of the letter.
· Background: Recently enacted Public Law No: 113-76, in part, calls for more than 3,300 Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers, including 2,000 for the busiest ports of entry. It is estimated that Arizona needs an additional 500 Customs officers to effectively run its ports of entry, with the Mariposa Port of Entry (POE) in Nogales alone requiring an additional 250 Customs officers. Additionally, the Mariposa POE in Arizona is nearing the end of a massive $200 million expansion. With this increase of cargo lanes and passenger vehicle capacity, the need for increased personnel is acute. Currently, only 1,600 trucks enter the country each day through the POE. With full staffing in the expanded cargo lanes, CBP predicts capacity would be more than 4,000 trucks per day.
· Congressman Trent Franks: Following the passage of H.R. 938, the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act of 2013, Franks (AZ-08), co-chair of the Congressional Israel Allies Caucus, made the following statement: "Israel's importance as a major strategic partner has been demonstrated time and again, including, most recently, in the brilliant interception by Israel of an Iranian arms smuggling ship bound to Gaza. Israel remains the closest friend America has in the world. Unfortunately, this Administration has consistently failed to recognize that fact, often alienating allies like Israel while catering to our enemies. Even as this Administration promotes a 'deal' with Iran that both utterly fails to adequately address Iran's nuclear weapons pursuit AND entirely ignores Iran's egregious human rights abuses and its financing of international terrorism, this Administration has further put America and her allies at risk by proposing the smallest missile defense budget this President has ever presented to Congress, even as missile proliferation is at an all-time high. While this Administration has failed so many of our allies, many of us here in Congress, including members of the Congressional Israel Allies Caucus, which I co-chair, will continue to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Israel."
· U.S. Senator John McCain On His Vote Opposing Debo Adegbile, nominee to be Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice. The nomination failed by a 47-52 vote. “Today’s vote opposing President Obama’s nomination of Debo Adegbile to be Assistant Attorney General for the Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division was an important bipartisan statement by the Senate in favor of the cause of justice. Mr. Adegbile, who led a team of lawyers that set out to turn convicted cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal’s unsympathetic case into a political cause, was the wrong choice for a Justice Department post which oversees policies affecting state and local law enforcement, and I am glad that Republicans and Democrats joined together to oppose his nomination.”
· Phx Councilman Bill Gates invites members of the community to participate in the Cave Creek Wash Cleanup event on Sat, March 8. Volunteers will meet for registration and coffee at 7:30 am at Cave Creek Park, 13660 N. 23rd Ave. Cleanup will take place from 8 to 11 a.m. http://phoenix.gov/news/030514d3cleanup.html
· The Arizona Project will meet on Tues, March 11 instead Mon., March 10 at 6:30 pm, 3375 E. Shea Blvd, Suite 2B, Phx to hear constitutional attorney SHANE KRAUSER discuss and debate a recent decision made by the 9th Circuit, whether there is a right to secede from the Union, the cultural battle, and where it all started with the Articles of Confederation and our Constitution. Questions: 602.677.1496.
· Lincoln Day Luncheon Raffle: You will have the opportunity to buy lots of tickets for the MCRC raffle at the March 8 Lincoln Day Luncheon… so brings some extra cash or your check book. Thanks to Margot Wittenberg and our hard working and generous PCs, there are some great items being raffled. Items you could win:
· US Mint tube of 2014 dated 1 once Silver Eagles worth approximately $500 donated by CMI Gold & Silver. Look up CMIgoldsilver.com. Solicited by Capt. Russ & Margot Wittenberg - Carefree PC's LD 1
· Foursome of golf with green fees, golf cart, range balls valued at $800 at Legend Trail, Scottsdale - donated by Susan Wearly, Carefree PC LD 1
· Quantum Golf Putter valued at $295 - donated by Duane Engdahl PC LD 20
· Gift Certificate for 50 magnetic name tags 2" x 3" valued at $250 - donated by Ray Malnar LD 20 Chairman.
· Red, white and blue handmade patriotic Afghan by Son Lee Williamson, value "Priceless" - donated by Hugh Hallman LD 24.
· Gift certificates for fine jewelry at The Ganem Jewelry Store donated by George Ganem. Two certificates valued at $100.
· 6 Republican red, white and blue handmade necklaces valued at $600 - donated by artist Anne Baumgartner, member Arizona Project .
Tickets are $2 each or 6 for $5, 12 for $10, 18 for $15. Spend $20 and you’ll get 24 tickets plus 2 bonus tickets. 26 ticket for $20 and 26 opportunities to win a valuable prize.
All proceeds benefit the Maricopa County Republican Committee. Buy lots of tickets, win great prizes, and support the MCRC all at the same time.
· Tom Jenney Of Americans For Prosperity is looking for people who have been hurt by ObamaCare and are willing to tell their stories. AFP has already profiled some of those stories in television. Contact: Tom Jenney –ARP AZ Director www.aztaxpayers.org firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Arizona Republican Lawyers Association (AzRLA) will meet at 11:45 am, April 2 at the Phoenix Country Club to hear Michael Bidwill, President of the Arizona Cardinals. $20 for members. $35 non-members. RSVP to email@example.com by March 19
· AzRLA Members Say Cindy McCain’s presentation on her work with Gov JanBrewer’s Task Force On Human Trafficking was eye-opening and inspiring. For infor Polaris Project (http://www.polarisproject.org/), a national organization that hosts a toll-free hot line for trafficking victims, or Streetlight USA (http://streetlightusa.org/), that runs a local “safe house” for children and teens who have escaped trafficking.
· Secretary Of State Candidate Wil Cardon invites attendees to stop by his campaign table at the Sat., March 8 Lincoln Day Luncheon to chat.
· Congressman Trent Franks Is Sponsoring A Table at the MCRC Lincoln Day Lunch for CD 8 PC's out of appreciation for all of the work that they do throughout the year.
· The New Maricopa County Republican Committee Web Address Is: http://maricopa.arizonagop.us
· Add http://archives.mcrcbriefs.org/ to your ‘favorites’ for quick access to the latest posting of the Briefs.
· Republican Candidate Announcements and Events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary.
· Congressman Matt Salmon Is Conducting A Contest for volunteers who bring in the most petitions signatures for him between now and Wed., March 19. The winner will received a special pass to join Salmon on March 21 and 22 for 18 holes of golf at Whirlwind Golf Club, a BBQ dinner at Rustler’s Rooste, target shooing at Scottsdale Gun Club and attendance at spring training at the new Chicago Cubs Mesa Stadium. To sign up and petitions sheets contact: Linda Stapley-Williams at email@example.com.
· Supt Of Public Instruction Diane Douglas needs volunteers to help gather petitions signatures between 9am and 5 pm, March 8 and 9 at the Crossroads Guns show scheduled in Centennial Hll in Mesa. Contact: Volunteer Coordinator Kristine Johnson at 480-241-7111.
· LD17 Need Volunteers to work their voter registration table at the Ostrich Festival in Chandler. Volunteers are needed:
· March 7: 2 – 4 pm, 4-6 pm, and 6-7:30 pm
· March 8: 10 am to noon, noon to 2 pm, 2-4 pm, and 4-6:30 pm
· March 9: 10 an to noon, noon to 2 pm, 2-4 pm, 4 to 6 pm.
Contact: Sandi at firstname.lastname@example.org .
· The Yavapai County Republican Committee will meet March 29 at the Davis Learning Center at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University again. Details: tba. As of February 4, Yavapai County Republicans, have 170 elected PC's, 98 appointed PC's and 14 waiting in full precincts. There are 286 open slots.
· POLL HERE Today The RNC Launched A Poll for people to vote for their favorite city to host the 2016 GOP national convention. The top results will be shared with the RNC's Site Selection Committee as they continue the process of narrowing down the field. There are eight cities vying to host the presidential nominating convention for our party. Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Denver, Dallas, Kansas City, Las Vegas and Phoenix are pitching to the RNC Site Selection Committee this week.
· The Glendale Police Crime Analyst has identified a trend in the Foothills Division. Battery cables are being cut & batteries are being removed from travel trailers, boats and work vans that are parked in front of houses. Reports indicate these crimes are occurring during evening hours between 9pm and 9am. If you own one of these types of vehicles, please take measures to secure your batteries or remove them altogether. If you are a victim and need to make a report, please call the Glendale Police Department non-emergency number 623-930-3000.
· The Yavapai County Republican Committee has scheduled its annual rodeo dinner for Sat., July 5 at the Prescott Centennial Center at the Antelope Hills Golf Course. Details tba.
· Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Diane Douglas Schedule:
· March 6 – 11:30 am, Mesa Republican Women's luncheon, 1900 E. University Drive, Ste. 4 (northwest corner of University Dr. & Gilbert Rd.) RSVP 480-615-0524
· March 6, 6:30-8:30 PM, PebbleCreek Republican Club Candidate ‘Meet And Greet’ Round Table Discussion. Restricted attendance to membership only.
· March 7 - Thomas Jefferson Center's event at Clearview Cultural Center at 1355 S. Clearview, Mesa, AZ 85209.
· Attorney General Candidate Mark Brnovich Schedule:
· March 6 - 11:30am, Mesa Republican Women, Riviera Plaza Shopping Center, 1900 E. University Dr., Suite 4, Mesa (northwest corner of University Dr. and Gilbert Rd).
· March 11 – 7 pm, LD28, Madison School District Admin Bldg, 16th St & Missouri.
· March 13 - 6pm, Payson Tea Party, Tiny's Family Restaurant, Arizona 260, Payson.
· The AZCDL Is Raffling Off Three Glock Model 23 Gen 4 Pistols. These pistols are chambered for .40 S&W and come with interchangeable grip back straps. Included with each pistol are 3 standard capacity magazines. Only 900 tickets have been printed and each ticket represents 3 chances to win. Tickets can be purchased at AzCDL’s online store. The drawing for all three pistols will be held on March 30, 2014.Participants do not have to be present to win. However, winners must comply with all federal, state, and local laws, and must pick up the firearms from a federally licensed firearms dealer. If the winner does not qualify under federal, state, or local law for the possession of these firearms, their ticket is invalid and a new winner will be drawn.These alerts are a project of the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), an all volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization.
· Reservations Are Due At 5 Pm, March 7 for the Arrowhead Federation of Republican Women luncheon scheduled May 12 with State Treasurer Doug Ducey, gubernatorial candidate. Attendees are asked to bring the pop tabs they have been saving for the Ronald MacDonald House. Reservations are required for the gathering at Briarwood Country Club, 135th Ave & Meeker in Sun City. Check in begins at 10:45 am. Mtg at 11:30 am. $20 per person. Reservations: email@example.com or ARW Luncheons
· Gubernatorial Candidate Sen Al Melvin will address the Hwy 69 Republican on Mon, March 10.
· Volunteers Are Needed to help gather petitions signatures to get Supt of Public Education candidate Diane Douglas on the Aug ballot. Volunteers are needed:
· March 7: 9 am to 5 pm, Thomas Jefferson Center – AZ Region Roundtable, Symposium #2. ClearviewCultural Center, 1355 S.Clearview, Mesa,
· March 8 – 9:30 am – 2 pm, Lincoln Day Luncheon, El-Zaribah Shrine Auditorium, 552 N. 40th St., Phx
Contact: Kristine Johnson, Volunteer Coordinator 480-241-7111.
· Sheriff Richard Mack, founder of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Assn, will address Remember 1986 at 6:30 pm, March 6 at Coco’s Bakery Restaurant, 4514 E. Cactus Rd., Phx. Mack, a former Arizona sheriff, is the first sheriff to sue the federal government for overreach of the Brady Bill. Limited seating. Free admission. Order from menu. RSVP: Corky1942@q.com
· The Thomas Jefferson Center is hosting a “symposium to discuss Article V- US Constitution between 9 am to 5 pm, March 7 at the Clearview Cultural Center, 1355 S. Clearview, Mesa. $5 admission. Article 5 panelists include Shane Krauser, American Academy for Constitution Education; Nick Dranius, Goldwater Institute/Compact for America; Joshua Carden, Convention of States Project; Russell Pearce, former AZ Senate President and Moderator: Kenny Johnson, Mesa BSA District Commissioner. 2014 candidates are on the afternoon agenda. Verl Farnsworth will present at 3:30 pm Constitution class. Light lunch provided; RSVP: Edna Haws firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-964-1170
Luke Air Force Base Open House & Air Show schedule March 15 and 16. This is the first show in three years. See restrictions, what’s allowed on base, what’s not. Free Admission. Parking Fee $10. Displays. 9 a.m. - gates open, static aircraft viewable, vendors open; 11 am to 4 pm - air shows; 6 pm gates closed.
· See MCRC Calendar: Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/ Left Hand Column (In Red) Maricopa County and state wide GOP activity listings.
· Arizona Governor's Race Is (Still) Wide Open All Hands
· Doormat Of Eastern Europe Ukraine: Once Again History Repeating Itself
· Harlem-Pastors-Church-Sign-Obama-Released-Homo-Demons Pastor James David Manning's sign was unveiled Sunday in front of the ATLAH World Missionary Church in Harlem
· Monsanto Causing Extinction Of The Monarch Butterfly Wooldridge
· “This is an embarrassment for President Obama and the Democrats who thought it was a good idea to nominate a convicted cop-killer’s most ardent defender to head a DOJ Department and failed. Vulnerable Democrats running in 2014 just voted to confirm a radical nominee whose positions on civil rights, religious liberty, voting rights and the second amendment are far outside the mainstream.” – RNC Chairman Reince Priebus
· M3 Report Updated Daily Caution: Graphic Photos
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch:
SECOND AMENDMENT/GUN RIGHTS
· Lerner Received Emails Between IRS And White House Exchanging Confidential Taxpayer Info Information was discussed with senior Obama administration officials
· IRS Agent Said Lerner Ordered Him To Target Tea Party Groups Carter C. Hull implicated Lois Lerner and IRS Chief Counsel's office
· Lerner And Treasury Department Conspired To Draft New Rules On Nonprofit Groups House Ways and Means Committee reveals rules were drafted in way that wouldn't be revealed publicly
· Cincinnatti Office Head Said Lerner Threw Her Under The Bus Employees and managers of the IRS exempt organizations field office were furious
· Lerner Knew About Tea Party Targeting In 2011, Said Tea Party Was 'Very Dangerous' Emails suggest collusion between IRS and Democratic operatives
· Anti-Obamacare Cancer Patient Defies Legal Threats By Adam Kredo Julie Boonstra, A Cancer Patient Who Was Kicked Off Her Health Plan Due To Obamacare, Issued An Emotional Plea To Rep. Gary Peters (D., Mich.) On Tuesday After He Dispatched Lawyers To Silence Her From Publicly Telling Her Story.
· President-Obamas-Budget-Proposal-Congress-Entitlements-Taxes-Editorial-Debates Ducks Tough Choices
· All-Obama-Touches-Turns-To-Crap Mark Levin