- ► March (22)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ▼ March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
March 19, 2014
· Congressman Matt Salmon Launches Shrink Our Spending (SOS) Initiative Last night, at a town hall meeting in Mesa, Rep. Matt Salmon (AZ-05) announced to over 200 East Valley residents his latest legislative initiative to highlight and cut wasteful and duplicative programs in every area of government.
· The Maricopa County Republican’s West Valley Office Yard Sale (originally set for March 28 and 29) has been changed to Thurs, March 20 and Fri, March 21 at the home of Peter and Phyllis Lee's Home, 18825 N. Conestoga Drive, Sun City. Donations can be dropped off before then, but please call first (623)583-5987.
· Link To Jeni White’s Photos Album Of Pics The 2014 MCRC Lincoln Day Luncheon http://click.whitebalance.net/Events/MCRC-LDL-2014 See who attended the largest recorded LDL in MCRC history.
· Independents Biggest Voting Block In AZ Registered independents marginally out number registered Republicans, who make up 34.75 percent, while Democrats trail at 29.54 percent. Four years ago, independents accounted for 31.23 percent, Democrats 31.9 percent and Republicans 36.0 percent of voters in the state.
· Chat with Congressman Paul Gosar’s staff between 1-3 pm, March 20 in Gila County Supervisor Tommie Martin’s office, 610 E. Hwy 260, Payson. See flyer HERE .
LD24 Will Host Incumbent Attorney General Tom Horne and State Treasurer candidate Randy Pullen, past AZGOP Chairman, at the 7 pm, March 20 meeting scheduled at AZGOP HQ, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Contact: Chr Brian Kaufman (602) 480-2424 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Congressman Matt Salmon, A Member Of The House Committee On Education and the Workforce, will be joined by Chairman John Kline (MN-02) for a “Reviving our Economy: Supporting a 21st Century Workforce” field hearing at 9 am, March 20 at the ASU Polytechnic Campus student union, 7001 E. Williams Field Road, Mesa, to discuss the ways that education and skills training can strengthen our economy. RSVP to Kristine Michalson (Rep. Salmon) at Kristine.Michalson@mail.house.gov or Alexandra Sollberger (Committee on Education and the Workforce) at Alexandra.Sollberger@mail.house.gov or (202) 650-7880.
· LD 18 Senate Candidate Tom Morrissey, former AZGOP chairman, will be appearing with Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio at Mountain View Lutheran Church Family Life Center, 11002 South 48th St., (Ahwatukee) at 6 pm, March 21. They will be discussing issues and challenges facing our community, state and nation. Admission: Canned or Dry Goods for Church’s Food Pantry. Donations to candidates welcome. Snacks will be provided.
· The Grand Valley Republican Women are hosting a 4-6:30 pm, March 21 ‘meet and greet’ for LD8 and LD11 candidates at the Mission Royal Recreation Center, 11 S Mission Parkway, Casa Grande. Confirmed candidates include: LD8 House – Darla DeWald, Frank Pratt and TJ Shope, LD8 Senate Irene Littleton, Trey Terry, Harold Vangilder, and Alan Pease, LD11 House – Mark Finchem, Jo Grant, Vince Leach, LD11 - Senate Scott Bartle, and Steve Smith. RSVP: 520-858-2792 or email@example.com (subject line: GVRW Legislative Meet & Greet).
· CD3 candidate Gabriela Saucedo Mercer is conducting a neighborhood walk in Buckeye March 21 to collect petition signatures to get on the primary ballot. The volunteers are meeting at 11 am, Fri, at Youngker High School, 3000 S Apache, Buckeye. Precinct lists and maps will be provided. Contact Andrew Costanzo, firstname.lastname@example.org or 480 677-0697.
· Anyone Wishing To Participate in the Fri, March 21 “Citizens Focus Group,” sponsored by the Conservative Business League, should call Nina Marlow at 480-707-9043 www.conservativebusinessleague.com. Terry Gilbert of KFYI is the new host. Guests will be Congressman Paul Gosar, Secretary of State candidate Rep Justin Pierce and LD24 Lei Lani Cortez.
· Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio will be the guest on the 7 pm, Sat., March 22 Russell Pearce Radio Talk Show on 960AM The Patriot. Calls in at (602) 508-0960.
The LD15 monthly meeting will be Tues, March 25 at 6:30 PM at the Deer Valley Airport Restaurant, 702 W Deer Valley Rd. Phoenix.
· The Board of Supervisors voted to approve funds to repair and upgrade facilities in February. In addition McDowell Mountain, Usery, and Cave Creek Regional Parks received new play ground equipment highlighting the desert environment. www.maricopa.gov/steve 602-506-7431
· If you have questions about property valuations you recently received from the Maricopa County Assessor’s Office go to www.mcassessor.maricopa.gov.
· CD8 David Schweikert’s April Mobile Office Hours with District 6 constituent services staff will be offered from 10-11:30 am, Fri, April 4 at the Helen Drank Community Center, 7600 N. 27th Ave., Phx. CD6 constituents are also invited to visit. Contact: Ernestina Borquez-Smith at Ernestina.Borquez-Smith@mail.house.gov or at (480) 946-2411.
· Steve Chucri, Supervisor #2, spoke at a City of Phoenix Finance, Efficiency, Economy, and Sustainability Subcommittee meeting regarding a future Technology Summit in the metro Phoenix region. He joined Councilmen Sal DiCiccio and Michael Nowakowski, State Rep Tom Forese, and former Mayor Phil Gordon in discussing the possible partnerships among the state, county, city, and private industry on technology infrastructure improvements that will encourage industry growth and location. Apple’s decision to open a manufacturing facility in East Mesa is just one example of opportunities we have to attract technology companies, ultimately benefiting Arizona’s economy and workforce. www.maricopa.gov/steve 602-506-7431.
· Supt of Public Education Diane Douglas schedule for next week:.
· Thurs, March 20, "Pachyderms" at the Bonfire Restaurant in Chino Valley, 1667 Arizona 89, Chino Valley, AZ 86323. Dining at 5 pm, before the meeting!
· Sat, March 22, 1-3 pm. Meet and Greet at the Chandler Downtown Library in the Cooper Room (2nd floor), 22 S Delaware St, Chandler, AZ 85225.
· Fred Amator is the newly elected Chairman of LD4, replacing Rhonda King who moved to the First Vice Chairman position. Tonya Thompson is the new secretary.
· LD4 will meet at 7 pm, Wed, March 26 at Starpointe Residents Club in Estrella Mountain Ranch, Elliott & Estrella Parkway. Contact Amator at email@example.com
· Supervisor Steve Churci Was Named Vice Chair of the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors when Denny Barney was elected chairman in January. www.maricopa.gov/steve 602-506-7431
· Maricopa County’s Parks & Recreation and Animal Care & Control departments are partnering to bring attention to adoptable animals and county parks with its “Wag & Walk Adoption Hikes” that provide hikers the opportunity to meet potential canine hiking companions, while enjoying the scenic beauty of the county parks. The next hike is scheduled at 9 am, Sat., April 5 at Usery Mountain Regional Park’s Merkle Trailhead. See: www.maricopa.gov/parks
· CD1 candidate Adam Kwasman schedule:
· Tonight – Navajo County Republicans Snowflake.
· March 21 – 4-6:30 pm, Pinal County: Grande Valley Republican Women Meet and Greet, 11 S. Mission Pkwy, Casa Grande, AZ 85122. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
· March 23, Pinal County Fair, 512 N. 11 Mile Corner Rd, Casa Grande, AZ 85194. Contact: Email email@example.com for more details!
· Last month, the Board of Supervisors presented awards to nine Maricopa County employees who proposed more cost-effective ways of performing County processes. The combined end result of these innovative ideas was a combined savings of $110,766 to Maricopa County and its taxpayers.
· A Meet & Greet Is Scheduled For Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Diane Douglas from 1-3 pm, March 22 in the Chandler Downtown Library – Cooper Room, 22 S Delaware, Chandler.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary.
· The New Maricopa County Republican Committee Web Address Is: http://maricopa.arizonagop.us If there's something that you need and can't find, please contact Webmaster John Strasser at 480-273-8798 or johnstrasser.com
· Board of Supervisor Steve Churci welcomed attendees to the Daytona 500 Winner’s Reception held in Phoenix prior to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race. He presented Dale Earnhardt, Jr. with a trophy for his recent win in the Daytona 500. Races at Phoenix International Raceway bring in visitors from all over the country and Maricopa County is proud to partner with NASCAR on these great events that benefit our local economy, according to Churci. www.maricopa.gov/steve 602-506-7431
· The Sun City Grand Republican Interest Group Secretary Of State Candidate Forum is scheduled at 9 am, March 22 in the Hopi Room of the Chaparral Center, 19781 N. Remington Dr., Sun City Grand. The meeting is open to Sun City Grand residents, their guests and elected officials. Others wishing to attend should contact Ginny Nyre prior to the meeting. Contact: Ginny Nyre email@example.com (623-544-7187) or www.grandgop.com
· A Republican Candidate “Gubernatorial Debate” is scheduled between 2-5 pm, Sat., March 22 at the Quail Creek Madera Clubhouse, 2055 E. Quail Crossing, Sahuarita. The event is sponsored by the San Tan Tea Party, SACPAC, Quail Creek Republican Club, the Republican Club of Green Valley and Sahuarita, Sahuarita Tea Party Patriots, Quail Creek Republican Club, Green Valley Tea Party and LD12. Doors open at 1:15 pm. Candidates Ken Bennett, Frank Riggs John Molina, Al Melvin and Christine Jones have accepted. Doug Ducey, Andrew Thomas and Scott Smith have also been invited. Contact: Sonoita/Elgin Tea Party Website
· Phx Vice Mayor Jim Waring will host a community meeting from 8-10 am, March 22 with Congressman David Schweikert in the Paradise Valley Mall food court, 4568 E. Cactus Road. The meeting will focus on current issues related to Phoenix as well what’s happening in Washington, D.C. d2meeting
· Phoenix Is Hosting Two Free Health And Resource Fairs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 22, at Maryvale Community Center, 4420 N. 51st Ave., and Saturday, March 29, at South Mountain Community Center, 212 E. Alta Vista Road. Attendees can get information about Medicaid (AHCCCS) eligibility, enrollment and benefits; Medicare benefits and options; Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) enrollment assistance; how to access health services through community health clinics; and other community services and programs that help promote healthy families and save money. Visit healthfairs
· CD9 candidate Andrew Walter has scheduled March 22 neighborhood walks in Tempe. Volunteers will meet at 9:30 am, March 22 at Harelson Park, 9325 W Warner Ranch Dr., Tempe. Carry water, and wear hats and sunscreen. Volunteers contact: clicking here.
A Hugh Hallman For State Treasurer Fundraiser is scheduled at 5:30 pm, March 23 at the Tucson Country Club, 2950 N. Camino Prinicpal, Tucson. RSVP: 602 448-5959 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD25 House Candidate Haydee Dawson is planning neighborhoods walks every Saturday starting at 8 am at her home, 2544 E. Fairfield St., Mesa. Contact: http://latinogop.org/alra-news
· Pima County District 4 Ray Carroll’s Town Hall is scheduled at 9 am, March 23 in the Santa Rita Springs Auditorium, 921 W. Via Rio Fuerte, in Green Valley. Special guest – Deputy Pima County Administrator John Bernal.
· Constitutional Expert And Liberty Storm Talk Show Host Shane Krauser “Where Freedom Lives” is heard from 1-3 pm, Mon-Fri on 1100AM KFNX. Call in 602-227-5369. Toll free 800-536-1100. Contact: Krauser outside broadcast time - 480-347-8969.
· Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas is asking that volunteers send their signed nomination petitions and any $5 Clean Election donations for her campaign to Kristine Johnson, volunteer coordinator, at 77 E Missouri Ave #52, Phoenix, AZ 85012. Contact: 480-241-7111
· AZ Heroes To Hometowns “Salute A Soldier” 5K Run &-Mile Walk is scheduled at 8 am, March 22 to honor wounded troops and military. Entry packets can be picked up at 7 am, at Freestone Park, 1045 E Juniper Rd, Gilbert, (Corner of Lindsay/Juniper Roads between Guadalupe/Elliot Roads). Fees: $45 - 5K Run or $25 - 1 Mile Walk (family rates are available). Race ceremonies start promptly @ 7:45am with 1 mile walk starting @8 am, followed by the 5K run at 8:20 am. Registration: AZHeroestoHometowns Or print registration forms from the sites and make checks payable to AZ Heroes to Hometowns.*This event will be a return Chip timed race for 5K runners only*. Contact Kathy Pearce @ email@example.com or 480-330-1632 .
· “Standing on My Sisters’ Shoulders” film viewing and discussion is part of the free Faces of Diversity Brown Bag series from noon to 1 pm, Fri, March 21, at Phoenix City Council Chambers, 200 W. Jefferson St. Most people have never heard of Fannie Lou Hamer, Annie Devine, Unita Blackwell, Mae Bertha Carter or Victoria Gray Adams. But without the efforts of these fearless women, the civil rights movement in Mississippi would not have been possible. Visit marchbb
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally is celebrating her birthday between 4-5:30 pm, Sat., March 22 at El Molinitio Restaurant patio, 2323 N. Pantano Rd., Tucson. $25 per person/$40 per couple. Appetizers will be provided. Dinner/drinks are available. Please RSVP to 520-488-4610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
· CD4 Congressional Art Competition; Deadline April 23 - Competition is open to all high school students from CD4. The first place winner will be flown to Washington, D.C. for an awards banquet and will have his or her artwork displayed in the US Capitol Complex for one year. Other awards include college scholarships. Click HERE to learn more about the competition.
· See MCRC Calendar For Complete Listing: Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/ Left Hand Column (In Red) - Maricopa County And State Wide GOP Activity Listings.
· March 20– LD16 (3rd Thur), 6:30 pm social, 7 pm mtg. Liberty Arts Academy, 3015 S. Power Rd., Mesa. Just south of Guadalupe on east side of Power Rd. In the Auditorium. Contact: Chr Jerry Clingman Cell 480-861-4958 Home 480-986-5236 email@example.com http://www.ld16gop@us
· March 20 - LD24 (3rd Thru) 7 pm, AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Contact: Chr LD24 Chr Brian Kaufman 480-442-2424 bkaufx@gmail,com
· March 21-24 - PARADISE REPUBLICAN WOMEN’s 2014 trip to the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum in Dallas, TX. The trip is open to all Republican women/men. $150 deposit and final payment due by Feb. 7, 2014 Itinerary, Reservations, Deposit Info Here If joining the group e-mail DetailsHM@cox.net.
· March 22 - SUN CITY GRAND REPUBLICAN INTEREST GROUP Secretary Of State Candidate Forum (4th Sat). 9 am, 19781 N. Remington Dr., Chaparral Center - Hopi Room. Mtgs open to Sun City Grand residents, their guests and elected officials. Contact: President Ginny Nyre firstname.lastname@example.org 623-544-7187 or www.grandgop.com
· March 22, 29 - The Russell Pearce Show (Sat). 7 pm, 960AM The Patriot taking calls at (602) 508-0960.
· March 22, 29 - Shane Krauser's Radio Show (960 AM 5 pm every Saturday) Call in at 602.508.0960 (Phoenix area) or 888.960.9696 (outside of Phoenix).
· March 22 , 29 – Voice Of Veterans Talk Show (Sat) 3-5 pm, Host: Vernon Bagley with co-host Phil Mason. NBC 1260 AM, 96.1 FM. 480-423-1260. Questions/topics contact: Bagley at email@example.com or MAVS@azgop.org
· March 22, 20 - Steve Kates’ “A Call To Rights” Radio Show. (Sat) Noon to 2 pm, KFNX 1100 AM Call in 602-277-5369.
· Romney: The Price Of Failed Leadership The President's failure to act when action was possible has diminished respect for the U.S. and made troubles worse.
· Another Chance To Weaken Common Core's Death Grip - Say YES To HB2316. By now you have probably heard that 5 Republican senators joined the Democrat Bloc and voted down both SB1395 and SB1396. They are the same 5 senators who voted FOR Medicaid Expansion: Adam Driggs (LD28), John McComish (LD18), Steve Pierce (LD1), Michele Reagan (LD23), Bob Worsley (LD25).
· John Mccomish Decided Not To Run For Re-Election about 5 minutes after Tom Morrisey entered the race. Tom is a clear conservative choice. HERE is the link to his website. HERE is the link to his Facebook page.
· Bob Worsley has an excellent challenger, Dr. Ralph Heap. Please read more about Dr. Heap and support his candidacy. His website is getting a face lift. In the meantime, HERE is his Facebook page. Also HERE is his donations page! There is a Comedy Night Fundraiser coming up in April.
· PLEASE SUPPORT HB2316. This bill will be heard in the Senate Committee on Education tomorrow, March 20 at 9 am. There are 9 senators on this committee, 6 of whom are Republicans. If you are registered on the RTS system, please offer your comments of support for this bill. You can find the email addresses of the 6 Republican senators (Chester Crandell, David Farnsworth, Al Melvin, Rick Murphy, Kelli Ward, Kimberly Yee) HERE.
· Diane Douglas, Candidate for Superintendent of Public Instruction: Please Sign Her Petition Online. Please come and meet Diane Douglas, who is running against John Huppenthal for Arizona Superintendent of Public Instruction. A Meet and Greet is being held for Diane on Saturday, March 22 from 1-3 pm at the Chandler Downtown Library, in the Cooper Room (second floor). The address is 22 S. Delaware St., Chandler, AZ 85225. Did you know that you can sign Diane Douglas's petition online? Please click HERE.
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch:
SECOND AMENDMENT/GUN RIGHTS
DEPT OF JUSTICE
SECRETARY OF STATE
· A-Thank-You-Letter-To-Obama-From-A-Single-Texas-Mom-Goes-Viral Have You Ever Sat And Watched Your Children Eat And You Eat What Was Left On Their Plates When They Were Done, Because There Wasn’t Enough For You To Eat To? I Have.