- ► March (25)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ▼ March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
March 20, 2014
· Condolence to the family of Jim Devere has passed this morning – March 20. Information on the celebration of his life will be announced later.
· Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne accepted an invitation from the Graham County Tea Party to join a group of elected officials, Tea Party members, Republican Legislative District leaders and precinct committeeman for a private dinner in Safford on March 21. Horne will speak to the Graham and Cochise County leaders about the recently won federal lawsuit against the Federal Elections Assistance Commission - giving the legal right to request proof of citizenship by those presenting to vote to the states of Arizona and Kansas. The Federal Court ruling stated the Election Assistance Commission exceeded its authority by not requesting such verification. The Court further ordered the Elections Commission to assist Arizona and Kansas in the enforcement of their voter identification laws. Tom Horne also argued this case, and won, before the U.S. Supreme Court but drew little media attention. Horne said, “Today’s decision is an important victory for the people of Arizona against the Obama Administration, assuring that only Arizona residents and not illegals, vote in Arizona elections.”
· Tempe-Based-Irish-Gift-House-St-Patricks-Day-Like-Christmas Merry Christmas to Kerry and Andrew Costanzo! Not only did Kerry and Andrew work tirelessly with all of their customers from around the world, they found the 25th hour in the day to:
1. help make the 2014 MCRC Lincoln Day Luncheon the "best ever"
2. walk their LD27 precincts and neighborhoods
3. provide the leadership as CD7 Target 2014 Team Leader
4. and let's not forget Maricopa County Coordinator for Gabbey Mercer's CD3 Congressional Race.
Congratulations to two of MCRC's many! I can only wish and encourage more of our 3,500 MCRC precinct committeemen to get involved to the level Kerry, Andrew and all of our hardworking precinct committeemen and volunteers do. – MCRC Chairman A. J. LaFaro
· Russians-Ban-Reid-Boehner-And-7-Other-Lawmakers Including McCain Can’t Enter Russia
· Sen John McCain on being sanctioned by Russian President Vladimir Putin: “I guess this means my spring break in Siberia is off, my Gazprom stock is lost, and my secret bank account in Moscow is frozen. Nonetheless, I will never cease my efforts on behalf of the freedom, independence, and territorial integrity of Ukraine, including Crimea.”
· Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne has announced that Arizona has won a significant victory in the legal battle to require voters to provide evidence of U.S. citizenship as mandated by Arizona law. Arizona joined Kansas in a federal lawsuit against the Federal Election Assistance Commission, which had denied requests by both states to vary the federal election registration form to include proof of citizenship. The court ruled today that the Election Assistance Commission exceeded its authority in denying those requests, and ordered the Commission to help Arizona and Kansas enforce their voter identification laws.“I personally argued this case, before the United States Supreme Court. The language of that Supreme Court case dictated today’s result in the District Court. The victory was really won at the level of the United States Supreme Court. There’s been a media cover-up of the seriousness of voter fraud in Arizona. In an earlier trial, a Federal District Judge in Arizona found that voter fraud is a serious problem in Arizona.Today’s decision is an important victory for the people of Arizona against the Obama Administration, assuring that only Arizona residents and not illegals, vote in Arizona elections."
· Link To Jeni White’s Photos Album Of Pics The 2014 MCRC Lincoln Day Luncheon http://click.whitebalance.net/Events/MCRC-LDL-2014 See who attended the largest recorded LDL in MCRC history.
· The Maricopa County Republican’s West Valley Office Yard Sale (originally set for March 28 and 29) has been changed to Fri, March 21 at the home of Peter and Phyllis Lee's Home, 18825 N. Conestoga Drive, Sun City. Donations can be dropped off before then, but please call first (623)583-5987.
· LD 18 Senate Candidate Tom Morrissey, former AZGOP chairman, will be appearing with Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio at Mountain View Lutheran Church Family Life Center, 11002 South 48th St., (Ahwatukee) at 6 pm, March 21. They will be discussing issues and challenges facing our community, state and nation. Admission: Canned or Dry Goods for Church’s Food Pantry. Donations to candidates welcome. Snacks will be provided.
· The Grand Valley Republican Women are hosting a 4-6:30 pm, March 21 ‘meet and greet’ for LD8 and LD11 candidates at the Mission Royal Recreation Center, 11 S Mission Parkway, Casa Grande. Confirmed candidates include: LD8 House – Darla DeWald, Frank Pratt and TJ Shope, LD8 Senate Irene Littleton, Trey Terry, Harold Vangilder, and Alan Pease, LD11 House – Mark Finchem, Jo Grant, Vince Leach, LD11 - Senate Scott Bartle, and Steve Smith. RSVP: 520-858-2792 or email@example.com (subject line: GVRW Legislative Meet & Greet).
· CD3 candidate Gabriela Saucedo Mercer is conducting a neighborhood walk in Buckeye March 21 to collect petition signatures to get on the primary ballot. The volunteers are meeting at 11 am, Fri, at Youngker High School, 3000 S Apache, Buckeye. Precinct lists and maps will be provided. Contact Andrew Costanzo, firstname.lastname@example.org or 480 677-0697.
· Anyone Wishing To Participate in the Fri, March 21 “Citizens Focus Group,” sponsored by the Conservative Business League, should call Nina Marlow at 480-707-9043 www.conservativebusinessleague.com. Terry Gilbert of KFYI is the new host. Guests will be Congressman Paul Gosar, Secretary of State candidate Rep Justin Pierce and LD24 Lei Lani Cortez.
CD1 candidate Adam Kwasman will address the 4 pm, March 21 Pinal County Grande Valley Republican Women Meet and Greet, 11 S. Mission Pkwy, Casa Grande, AZ 85122. RSVP to email@example.com
Constitutional Expert And Liberty Storm Talk Show Host Shane Krauser “Where Freedom Lives” is heard from 1-3 pm, Mon-Fri on 1100AM KFNX. Call in 602-227-5369. Toll free 800-536-1100. Contact: Krauser outside broadcast time - 480-347-8969.
· “Standing on My Sisters’ Shoulders” film viewing and discussion is part of the free Faces of Diversity Brown Bag series from noon to 1 pm, Fri, March 21, at Phoenix City Council Chambers, 200 W. Jefferson St. Most people have never heard of Fannie Lou Hamer, Annie Devine, Unita Blackwell, Mae Bertha Carter or Victoria Gray Adams. But without the efforts of these fearless women, the civil rights movement in Mississippi would not have been possible. Visit marchbb
· March 22 Candidate activities:
· 7:45 am - Attorney General Candidate Mark Brnovich and Chandler City Council candidate Terry Rowe volunteers collecting petitions signatures at the Chandler Little League in Sneidgar Park, 4705 S Basha Rd., Chandler. Contact: Laddie Shane at Laddie@Mark4AZ.com or call at 480-773-9054
8 am - LD25 House Candidate Haydee Dawson neighborhood walks, at her home, 2544 E. Fairfield St., Mesa. Contact: http://latinogop.org/alra-news
· 9 am - The Sun City Grand Republican Interest Group Secretary Of State Candidate Forum in the Hopi Room of the Chaparral Center, 19781 N. Remington Dr., Sun City Grand. Contact: Ginny Nyre firstname.lastname@example.org (623-544-7187) or www.grandgop.com
9:30 am - CD9 candidate Andrew Walter neighborhood walks. Meet at Harelson Park, 9325 W Warner Ranch Dr., Tempe. Carry water, and wear hats and sunscreen. Volunteers contact: clicking here.
· 11 am - Scottsdale City Council Candidate Michael Auerbach “meet and greet at Guidon Books, 7109 E. Second St., Scottsdale. Contact: Auerbach email@example.com
· 1 pm - Meet & Greet For Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Diane Douglas in the Chandler Downtown Library – Cooper Room, 22 S Delaware, Chandler.
· 2-5 pm - Republican Gubernatorial Candidate Debate at the Quail Creek Madera Clubhouse, 2055 E. Quail Crossing, Sahuarita. Doors open at 1:15 pm. Candidates Ken Bennett, Frank Riggs John Molina, Al Melvin and Christine Jones have accepted. Contact: Sonoita/Elgin Tea Party Website
· 4 pm - CD2 Candidate Martha McSally birthday party, El Molinitio Restaurant patio, 2323 N. Pantano Rd., Tucson. $25 per person/$40 per couple. Appetizers will be provided. Dinner/drinks are available. Please RSVP to 520-488-4610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Phx Vice Mayor Jim Waring will host a community meeting from 8-10 am, March 22 with Congressman David Schweikert in the Paradise Valley Mall food court, 4568 E. Cactus Road. The meeting will focus on current issues related to Phoenix as well what’s happening in Washington, D.C. d2meeting
· AZ Heroes To Hometowns “Salute A Soldier” 5K Run &-Mile Walk honoring wounded troops and military will start at 7:45 am. Packets available at 7 am, Sat., March 22 at Freestone Park, 1045 E Juniper Rd, Gilbert, (Corner of Lindsay/Juniper Roads between Guadalupe/Elliot Roads). Fees: $45 - 5K Run or $25 - 1 Mile Walk (family rates are available). Race ceremonies 7:45am. 1 mile walk starting 8 am, followed by the 5K run at 8:20 am. Registration: AZHeroestoHometowns Or print registration forms from the sites and make checks payable to AZ Heroes to Hometowns.This event will be a return Chip timed race for 5K runners only. Contact Kathy Pearce @ email@example.com or 480-330-1632 .
· Phoenix Is Hosting Two Free Health And Resource Fairs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 22, at Maryvale Community Center, 4420 N. 51st Ave., and Saturday, March 29, at South Mountain Community Center, 212 E. Alta Vista Road. Attendees can get information about Medicaid (AHCCCS) eligibility, enrollment and benefits; Medicare benefits and options; Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) enrollment assistance; how to access health services through community health clinics; and other community services and programs that help promote healthy families and save money. Visit healthfairs
· Arizona’s Americans For Prosperity Neighborhood Surveys on Obamacare:
· March 22 – all day. Town of Maricopa. CONTACT: Judy Hoelscher - (480) 290-1751 / firstname.lastname@example.org
· March 29 & 30 –Anthem Days - 10 am to 4 pm, Anthem Community Parks, 41730 N. Gavilan Peak Parkway, Anthem http://www.onlineatanthem.com/anthem-days
April 5 – 10 am to 3 pm, AFP Regional Activist Conference, Mazatzal Casino, Mile Marker 251, Hwy 87, Payson. Register: https://paysonafpmtg.eventbrite.com
· The College Republicans At Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and The Yavapai County Young Republicans are hosting a 2014 Arizona Gubernatorial Debate at 7 pm, March 24 at Davis Learning Center (Bldg. 20 at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, 3700 Willow Creek Road, Prescott, featuring: AZ Secretary of State Ken Bennett, State Senator Al Melvin, Former Congressman and Arizona businessman Frank Riggs, Former Executive VP for Go Daddy Operating Co. LLC - Christine Jones. Questions will mostly be submitted by the audience via question cards. Moderators will be Yavapai County Supervisor Tom Thurman,Yavapai County Republican Committee Chairman Jim Dutton, and Yavapai County Young Republicans President Matthew Perry. Contact: email@example.com or call 928-420-4751)
· Jeffery S. Utsch Of The Navy Seal Foundation will tell his story - from his youth to his present day - involvement in preserving America. Hear about the Navy Seal Foundation, American Civil War, Article 5, and the US Constitution at the 6:30 pm, Mon, March 24 Arizona Project meeting at 3375 E. Shea Blvd., Suite 2, Phoenix, AZ 85028. Contact: AP Chr Ron Ludder 602-677-1496.
· America: Time-To-Pray-For-Us During WWII an adviser to Prime Minister Winston Churchill of England, organized a group of people who at a prescribed hour every day prayed for one minute for the safety of their Nation England. There is now a group of people in America doing the same. Every evening at:
· 9 PM Eastern time
· 8 PM Central time
· 7 PM Mountain time
· 6 PM Pacific time
· CD1 Candidate Adam Kwasman schedule:
· March 23, Pinal County Fair, 512 N. 11 Mile Corner Rd, Casa Grande, AZ 85194. Contact: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!
A Hugh Hallman For State Treasurer Fundraiser is scheduled at 5:30 pm, March 23 at the Tucson Country Club, 2950 N. Camino Prinicpal, Tucson. RSVP: 602 448-5959 or email@example.com
· Pima County District 4 Ray Carroll’s Town Hall is scheduled at 9 am, March 23 in the Santa Rita Springs Auditorium, 921 W. Via Rio Fuerte, in Green Valley. Special guest – Deputy Pima County Administrator John Bernal.
· If you have questions about property valuations you recently received from the Maricopa County Assessor’s Office go to www.mcassessor.maricopa.gov.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary.
· The New Maricopa County Republican Committee Web Address Is: http://maricopa.arizonagop.us If there's something that you need and can't find, please contact Webmaster John Strasser at 480-273-8798 or johnstrasser.com
· Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas is asking that volunteers send their signed nomination petitions and any $5 Clean Election donations for her campaign to Kristine Johnson, volunteer coordinator, at 77 E Missouri Ave #52, Phoenix, AZ 85012. Contact: 480-241-7111
· CD4 Congressional Art Competition; Deadline April 23 - Competition is open to all high school students from CD4. The first place winner will be flown to Washington, D.C. for an awards banquet and will have his or her artwork displayed in the US Capitol Complex for one year. Other awards include college scholarships. Click HERE to learn more about the competition.
· See MCRC Calendar For Complete Listing: Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/ Left Hand Column (In Red) - Maricopa County And State Wide GOP Activity Listings.
· March 22 - SUN CITY GRAND REPUBLICAN INTEREST GROUP Secretary Of State Candidate Forum (4th Sat). 9 am, 19781 N. Remington Dr., Chaparral Center - Hopi Room. Mtgs open to Sun City Grand residents, their guests and elected officials. Contact: President Ginny Nyre email@example.com 623-544-7187 or www.grandgop.com
· March 22 - The Russell Pearce Show (Sat). 7 pm, featuring Sheriff Joe. 960AM The Patriot taking calls at (602) 508-0960.
· March 22 - Shane Krauser's Radio Show (960 AM 5 pm every Saturday) Call in at 602.508.0960 (Phoenix area) or 888.960.9696 (outside of Phoenix).
· March 22 – Voice Of Veterans Talk Show (Sat) 3-5 pm, Host: Vernon Bagley with co-host Phil Mason. NBC 1260 AM, 96.1 FM. 480-423-1260. Questions/topics contact: Bagley at firstname.lastname@example.org or MAVS@azgop.org
· March 22 - Steve Kates’ “A Call To Rights” Radio Show. (Sat) Noon to 2 pm, KFNX 1100 AM Call in 602-277-5369.
· Why the Mexican Wolf Should Not be Listed as "Endangered" in Arizona. There is a bill making its way through the Arizona Legislature, HB2699. It should be strongly supported by every Arizonan. It will be heard in the Committee on Government and Environment tomorrow, March 21, at 9 am agendas. I suspect it will pass the Committee and go on to the Floor, since there are 4 Republicans on this 7-person committee, but just in case, please send emails to Judy Burges, Chester Crandall, Kelli Ward, and Gail Griffin (MemberRoster). Every Arizona Democrat legislator! and members of Defenders of Wildlife, Sierra Club, Center for Biological Diversity, Rewilding Institute, and many other environmental groups are in favor of the federal government’s unfettered role in protecting endangered plants and animals over human beings. There is a cost that these members either haven’t considered or regard with indifference. As stated by the Board of Supervisors of Catron County, New Mexico, “it is the local government’s responsibility to protect the health, safety, and welfare of its citizens. This includes protecting local citizens from the adverse societal and economic impacts of federal actions.”
· LBJ: ‘I'll-Have Those N......-Voting-Democratic-For The Next-200-Years On March 20, 1854 the Republican Party was established in Ripon, Wisconsin. Referred to as the GOP or Grand Old Party, it established for one reason: to break the chains of slavery and ensure the unalienable rights endowed by the Creator of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness would be for all Americans. The Republican Party was created to achieve individual freedom. Then, as now, the antagonist to the Republican party has been the Democrats, the party of collective subjugation and individual enslavement — then physical, now economic. The first black members of the US House and Senate were Republicans. The first civil rights legislation came from Republicans. Democrats gave us the KKK, Jim Crow, lynchings, poll taxes, literacy tests, and failed policies like the “Great Society.”
· RNC Chairman Reince Priebus Today Announced That The RNC Raised $7.1 Million In February 2014 And That The Committee’s Cash On Hand Totals $10.0 Million. The RNC Has Raised $95.6 Million For The 2014 Election Cycle, Thus Far Out-Raising The DNC.
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch:
SECOND AMENDMENT/GUN RIGHTS
FIRST AMENDENT – FREE SPEECH
DEPT OF JUSTICE
· Editorial: ATF-Gone-Wild Another Bureaucracy Breaks The Law To Enforce It
SECRETARY OF STATE