- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ▼ March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
March 21, 2014
· Condolences To The Family Of Gary Kunster who passed away nearly two weeks ago.
· Governors Jan Brewer (Ariz.) and Brian Sandoval (Nev.) today met at the Hoover Dam unveil signs that promote the future route of the Interstate 11 (I-11). A project Governor Brewer has enthusiastically championed to better connect Arizona to national and international trade partners, I-11 will serve as the main corridor for commerce and transportation between Mexico, Phoenix and Las Vegas. “For Arizona to remain globally competitive, it is imperative that we continue to seek and develop opportunities like I-11,” said Brewer. “In addition to serving as the first direct interstate through Phoenix and Las Vegas – and eventually the first Mexico-to-Canada corridor – this project will pay dividends in trade and tourism for our region and nation for generations to come. I thank Governor Sandoval and everyone involved in helping advance this crucial effort.”
The I-11 corridor has been a cornerstone of Brewer’s administration and reflects several core priorities of her economic development policy agenda, including improving Arizona’s competitive edge in a global marketplace; advancing transportation and trade infrastructure needs; and strengthening important international business relations. Mexico, in particular, is Arizona’s largest trading partner. The future I-11 corridor will position Arizona and neighboring states as the preferred route for shipping goods and products while further facilitating the growing tourism marketplace shared between our two states.
I-11 was designated by Congress in June 2012 as part of the federal Transportation Bill. Arizona and Nevada, along with public and private stakeholders, have been working closely and diligently to advance this effort. The states’ Departments of Transportation currently are in the final stages of their joint feasibility study, expected to be completed this year.
“I-11 will not happen overnight, and that is why we are demonstrating our strong support to bring make this critical project happen,” added Brewer. “And I am proud to be the governor to drive it forward.”
· Russians-Ban-Reid-Boehner-And-7-Other-Lawmakers Including McCain Can’t Enter Russia
· Sen John McCain on being sanctioned by Russian President Vladimir Putin: “I guess this means my spring break in Siberia is off, my Gazprom stock is lost, and my secret bank account in Moscow is frozen. Nonetheless, I will never cease my efforts on behalf of the freedom, independence, and territorial integrity of Ukraine, including Crimea.”
· The Arizona Federation Of Republican Women Day At The Legislature is scheduled starting at 9:30 am, April 2 at the State Capitol. Participants are asked to wear red to show GOP strength. RSVP to Alica Lara by March 29. See details here.
· Link To Jeni White’s Photos Album Of Pics The 2014 MCRC Lincoln Day Luncheon http://click.whitebalance.net/Events/MCRC-LDL-2014 See who attended the largest recorded LDL in MCRC history.
ATTN LD18 & LD26: The Tempe Republican Women as hosting a “Secretary of State Panel Discussion” featuring candidates Wil Cardon and Justin Pierce at their 6:30 pm, March 24 meeting at the Pyle Center. Attorney General candidate Mark Brnovich, Tempe School Board candidate John King, and Justice of the Peace candidate Charles Boles will be given a few minutes to speak before the panel discussion begins. A questions/answer period will follow the panel. Contact: Jessica Merrow - 480-306-2545 www.TempeRW.org
· Dr. C.T. Wright Was Recognized as the Fountain Hills Republican Club’s 2014 “Republican of the Year” at its annual breakfast, March 15. The award was created in 1999 to honor June Post, one of the early residents of the town, whose personal mission was to register as many GOP voters as possible in the very young community. It is presented annually to a member who has made major contributions to the GOP at the local, state, and even at the national levels. Dr. Wright, former President of Cheyney State University in Philadelphia and founder and Executive Director of the Light of Hope Institute, is well known state-wide for his passionate invocations and inspirational speeches emphasizing his reasons for being a Republican. He also represented Arizona as a delegate to the RNC Conventions in 2008 and 2012 and was one of 11 electors casting votes for Mitt Romney in the Electoral College. - Leona Johnston, Publicity Chairman 480-837-6068
· Congrats To AZGOP Staffer Mark Naufel who was recently appointed to the Arizona Board of Regents. State Press report here,
· Mark Naufel Has Been Promoted To Political Director at the AZGOP headquarters, according to AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. Naufel responsibilities include management of data and data-driven research, as well as planning resource allocation and Republican campaign support for 2014 GOTV (Get Out The Vote).
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter writes, “Four years ago this day the House of Representatives passed the Affordable Care Act with a 219 - 212 vote. Two days later, Kyrsten Sinema was in Washington attending the signing ceremony for a bill she ‘helped craft.’ The Result? Lies and broken promises. More Americans are uninsured today compared to 2009 prior to passing Obamacare. Kyrsten Sinema told The Lie of the Year to hard working Arizonans saying ‘If you like your plan, you can keep your plan.’ Hundreds of thousands of Americans had their insurance policies cancelled as a direct result of Obamacare. Kyrsten Sinema was the architect for the bill, campaigned for it, and now hides in the wake of its devastation. Arizona deserves better. This is not real leadership. It's time to act. We can't stand by and watch as she tears our nation apart with her liberal agenda. We need to send Kyrsten Sinema home.”
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club GOP Social is planned for 7 pm, Tues, March 25 at Moxie’s Modern Fare (previously Kimmie’s). Contact: Nancy Ordowski email@example.com
· LD11 Team Of Candidates, Steve Smith for Senate and Vince Leach and Mark Finchem for House, will be at the Pinal County Fair in Cases Grand March 22 and 23. Contact: Leach at 520-818-8814.
· CD9 Candidate Ret. Lt. Colonel Wendy Rogers is part of The Washington Post’s article on women military veterans running for the US Congress. Rogers said, “ Our unique perspectives on leadership include the nurturing and compassion components uniquely blended into service to country, and a mission-minded outlook. That’s why I’m excited to storm the halls of Congress to retore conservative leadership for Arizona 9th Congressional District.” See Post article she-the-people: next-mission-for-women-vets-storming-the-halls-of-congress Rogers is one of the first 100 women pilots in the US Air Force. She says, “Kyrsten Sinema has had her opportunity, yet she consistently fails this nation. Her partisan politicking has plagued our district with Obamacare, heavier taxes, as well as skyrocketing federal debt and deficits. We deserve much better, and I will lead in a better direction.”
· Constitutional Expert And Liberty Storm Talk Show Host Shane Krauser “Where Freedom Lives” is heard from 1-3 pm, Mon-Fri on 1100AM KFNX. Call in 602-227-5369. Toll free 800-536-1100. Contact: Krauser outside broadcast time - 480-347-8969.
· March 22 Candidate activities:
· 7:45 am - Attorney General Candidate Mark Brnovich and Chandler City Council candidate Terry Rowe volunteers collecting petitions signatures at the Chandler Little League in Sneidgar Park, 4705 S Basha Rd., Chandler. Contact: Laddie Shane at Laddie@Mark4AZ.com or call at 480-773-9054
8 am - LD25 House Candidate Haydee Dawson neighborhood walks, at her home, 2544 E. Fairfield St., Mesa. Contact: http://latinogop.org/alra-news
· 9 am - The Sun City Grand Republican Interest Group Secretary Of State Candidate Forum in the Hopi Room of the Chaparral Center, 19781 N. Remington Dr., Sun City Grand. Contact: Ginny Nyre firstname.lastname@example.org (623-544-7187) or www.grandgop.com
9:30 am - CD9 candidate Andrew Walter neighborhood walks. Meet at Harelson Park, 9325 W Warner Ranch Dr., Tempe. Carry water, and wear hats and sunscreen. Volunteers contact: clicking here.
· 11 am - Scottsdale City Council Candidate Michael Auerbach “meet and greet at Guidon Books, 7109 E. Second St., Scottsdale. Contact: Auerbach email@example.com
· 1 pm - Meet & Greet For Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Diane Douglas in the Chandler Downtown Library – Cooper Room, 22 S Delaware, Chandler.
· 2-5 pm - Republican Gubernatorial Candidate Debate at the Quail Creek Madera Clubhouse, 2055 E. Quail Crossing, Sahuarita. Doors open at 1:15 pm. Candidates Ken Bennett, Frank Riggs John Molina, Al Melvin and Christine Jones have accepted. Contact: Sonoita/Elgin Tea Party Website
· 4 pm - CD2 Candidate Martha McSally birthday party, El Molinitio Restaurant patio, 2323 N. Pantano Rd., Tucson. $25 per person/$40 per couple. Appetizers will be provided. Dinner/drinks are available. Please RSVP to 520-488-4610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
· 7 –pm Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio guest on Russell Pearce Radio Talk Show on 960AM The Patriot. Calls in at (602) 508-0960
Phx Vice Mayor Jim Waring will host a community meeting from 8-10 am, March 22 with Congressman David Schweikert in the Paradise Valley Mall food court, 4568 E. Cactus Road. The meeting will focus on current issues related to Phoenix as well what’s happening in Washington, D.C. d2meeting
· AZ Heroes To Hometowns “Salute A Soldier” 5K Run &-Mile Walk honoring wounded troops and military will start at 7:45 am. Packets available at 7 am, Sat., March 22 at Freestone Park, 1045 E Juniper Rd, Gilbert, (Corner of Lindsay/Juniper Roads between Guadalupe/Elliot Roads). Fees: $45 - 5K Run or $25 - 1 Mile Walk (family rates are available). Race ceremonies 7:45am. 1 mile walk starting 8 am, followed by the 5K run at 8:20 am. Registration: AZHeroestoHometowns Or print registration forms from the sites and make checks payable to AZ Heroes to Hometowns.This event will be a return Chip timed race for 5K runners only. Contact Kathy Pearce @ email@example.com or 480-330-1632 .
· Phoenix Is Hosting Two Free Health And Resource Fairs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 22, at Maryvale Community Center, 4420 N. 51st Ave., and Saturday, March 29, at South Mountain Community Center, 212 E. Alta Vista Road. Attendees can get information about Medicaid (AHCCCS) eligibility, enrollment and benefits; Medicare benefits and options; Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) enrollment assistance; how to access health services through community health clinics; and other community services and programs that help promote healthy families and save money. Visit healthfairs
· Arizona’s Americans For Prosperity Neighborhood Surveys on Obamacare:
· March 22 – all day. Town of Maricopa. CONTACT: Judy Hoelscher - (480) 290-1751 / firstname.lastname@example.org
· March 29 & 30 –Anthem Days - 10 am to 4 pm, Anthem Community Parks, 41730 N. Gavilan Peak Parkway, Anthem http://www.onlineatanthem.com/anthem-days
April 5 – 10 am to 3 pm, AFP Regional Activist Conference, Mazatzal Casino, Mile Marker 251, Hwy 87, Payson. Register: https://paysonafpmtg.eventbrite.com
· The College Republicans At Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and The Yavapai County Young Republicans are hosting a 2014 Arizona Gubernatorial Debate at 7 pm, March 24 at Davis Learning Center (Bldg. 20 at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, 3700 Willow Creek Road, Prescott, featuring: AZ Secretary of State Ken Bennett, State Senator Al Melvin, Former Congressman and Arizona businessman Frank Riggs, Former Executive VP for Go Daddy Operating Co. LLC - Christine Jones. Questions will mostly be submitted by the audience via question cards. Moderators will be Yavapai County Supervisor Tom Thurman,Yavapai County Republican Committee Chairman Jim Dutton, and Yavapai County Young Republicans President Matthew Perry. Contact: email@example.com or call 928-420-4751)
· Jeffery S. Utsch Of The Navy Seal Foundation will tell his story - from his youth to his present day - involvement in preserving America. Hear about the Navy Seal Foundation, American Civil War, Article 5, and the US Constitution at the 6:30 pm, Mon, March 24 Arizona Project meeting at 3375 E. Shea Blvd., Suite 2, Phoenix, AZ 85028. Contact: AP Chr Ron Ludder 602-677-1496.
· America: Time-To-Pray-For-Us During WWII an adviser to Prime Minister Winston Churchill of England, organized a group of people who at a prescribed hour every day prayed for one minute for the safety of their Nation England. There is now a group of people in America doing the same. Every evening at:
· 9 PM Eastern time
· 8 PM Central time
· 7 PM Mountain time
· 6 PM Pacific time
· CD1 Candidate Adam Kwasman schedule:
· March 23, Pinal County Fair, 512 N. 11 Mile Corner Rd, Casa Grande, AZ 85194. Contact: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!
A Hugh Hallman For State Treasurer Fundraiser is scheduled at 5:30 pm, March 23 at the Tucson Country Club, 2950 N. Camino Prinicpal, Tucson. RSVP: 602 448-5959 or email@example.com
· Pima County District 4 Ray Carroll’s Town Hall is scheduled at 9 am, March 23 in the Santa Rita Springs Auditorium, 921 W. Via Rio Fuerte, in Green Valley. Special guest – Deputy Pima County Administrator John Bernal.
The 8 Am, March 29, Eddie Cook For Gilbert City Council campaign free kick-off pancake breakfast at the home of Howard and Jana Morrison, 630 W Elliott, Gilbert. Special guests - Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery and Treasurer Doug Ducey. Entertainment by the Eddie Cook Gilbert Town Council Band. Donations will go to the Gilbert Community Action Network (CAN) to support their “Gilbert Gives Hope” donation drive for the homeless. Bring lawn chairs. For time and location contact: 480-213-8892 http://www.VoteEddieCook.com
· If you have questions about property valuations you recently received from the Maricopa County Assessor’s Office go to www.mcassessor.maricopa.gov.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary.
· The New Maricopa County Republican Committee Web Address Is: http://maricopa.arizonagop.us If there's something that you need and can't find, please contact Webmaster John Strasser at 480-273-8798 or johnstrasser.com
· Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas is asking that volunteers send their signed nomination petitions and any $5 Clean Election donations for her campaign to Kristine Johnson, volunteer coordinator, at 77 E Missouri Ave #52, Phoenix, AZ 85012. Contact: 480-241-7111
· See MCRC Calendar For Complete Listing: Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/ Left Hand Column (In Red) - Maricopa County And State Wide GOP Activity Listings.
· March 22 - SUN CITY GRAND REPUBLICAN INTEREST GROUP Secretary Of State Candidate Forum (4th Sat). 9 am, 19781 N. Remington Dr., Chaparral Center - Hopi Room. Mtgs open to Sun City Grand residents, their guests and elected officials. Contact: President Ginny Nyre email@example.com 623-544-7187 or www.grandgop.com
· March 24 - TEMPE REPUBLICAN WOMEN Secretary of State Candidate Panel Discussion. 6:30 pm, Pyle Recreation Center, 655 E Southern Ave, Tempe. Contact: 2nd VC Jessica Merrow - 480-306-254 www.CarriageLaneRPC.com www.TempeRW.org firstname.lastname@example.org
· Independents Don't Vote In General Elections Robert Robb
· Fed Up With Arizona Politics? Laurie Roberts
SEEING RED AZ
· “There's a great new tool for voters on the website of the Arizona Secretary of State. It's called E-Qual, and it allows voters to log in and sign the nomination petitions of every candidate they are eligible to support. Take a look, enter your information, and support the candidates of your choice here.” - AZGOP newsletter
· “Obamacare was signed into law four years ago, and now the entire healthcare law is considered "poisonous" for Democrats in Congress who are seeking reelection. That goes for Rep's Kyrsten Sinema, Ron Barber and Ann Kirkpatrick. Democrats also promised that Obamacare would be a “jobs bill.” But the reality is Obamacare has helped make this economic recovery the slowest and weakest since the Great Depression. It was a big lie and we need to elect Republicans to repeal it -- and let's get those 2.5 million workers displaced by Obamacare back to work. This report shows how the GOP is strongly positioned to win back the U.S. Senate.” – AGOP newsletter
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch:
· Breaking-Judge-Rules-On-Obama-Eligibility 7-2 Majority In State's High Court Announces Decision On Constitutional Question