- ► February (19)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ▼ March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
March 27, 2014
· Maricopa County Supervisor Clint Hickman will hold a ‘meet and greet’ to gather petition signatures at Basha Supermarket, 13940 W Meeker Blvd., Sun City West from 10 am to 5 pm, Fri., March 28.
· LD17 PCs Will Be Walking the Alamo Precinct (LD17/CD9) Between 9 Am - noon, Sat., March 29 gathering petition signatures for Congressman Matt Salmon and LD17 candidates. Volunteers are asked bring their smart phones, Ipad/tablet and car charger, clipboards, pen, water, hat and sunscreen when they gather in the Fry’s parking lot, NE corner of Alma School/Warner in front of Jamba Juice. Contact: Angi Stamm 602-561-3817.
· Get Well Wishes To LD10 Pc Rose Augst, a Tucson Republican Women’s Club member.
· LD12 Has Given Jarren Heward of Queen Creek its first John Galt Youth Award.
· The New Mailing Address For The Maricopa County Republican Committee is MCRC, c/o David Ludwig, 4242 N. 19th Ave., Suite 150, Phoenix, AZ 85015, according to MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro. Correspondence should be mailed to this address instead to the former office at 99th Avenue and Bell Road. The Bell Road office has been closed.
· LD20 Sen Kimberly Yee needs volunteers to help walk her precincts to gather petitions signatures at 9 am, Sat., March 29 starting at McDonald’s, 43rd Ave & Thunderbird. Please wear walking shoes and casual dress. Bring water, sunscreen and a hat. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
· CD 1 Candidate Adam Kwasman: “Just days after the ill-timed Sochi Olympics, Russia invaded a sovereign nation in the heart of Eastern Europe. America’s response was to watch, wring our hands, limit the travel of a few Russian thugs… but otherwise allow it to happen. Russia now has an increased presence in Europe, the Far East, and Latin America – all of which has occurred under the disinterested watch of President Obama, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi. I’m running for Congress to challenge their leadership failures and restore America’s standing on the world stage.” adamkwasman.com
· A Michael Auerbach, Candidate For Scottsdale City Council Meet & Greet is scheduled from 11 am-1 pm, Sat., March 29 at the Hot Petunias Boutique, 15029 N Thompson Peak Pkwy Scottsdale, AZ 85260.
· Rev. Clyde Bowen: “I personally, want to thank everyone who prayed, wrote, called, e-mailed and visited me while I was dealing with my recent health issues. The outpouring of well wishes and prayers was so up-lifting, I am humbled and very grateful to all of you. I look forward to re-connecting with each of you in the next few weeks.” Bowen is chairman of the AAARC. Contact: email@example.com
· Jill Grant, a LD11 house candidate, is also running for re-election to the Amphi School Board – that she currently serves on. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD18 Senate Candidate And Former AZGOP Chairman Tom Morrissey’s latest book “In Search of the Sacred Word” will be part of the London Book Fair in England in April. It is still number one on Amazon’s Metaphysical Fiction Kindle format in Paranormal Visionary & Spiritual genres.
· Sen Steve Pierce: Arizona Water – “More than 20 years ago the Arizona Department of Water Resources was adjudicating water in the Gila River. Inaction has resulted in a lawsuit brought by the Hopi Indian Tribe. In order to rectify this situation and to save water rights in Arizona, the budget must include the $2 million necessary for the adjudication.” Contact: stevepierce.com
· Gubernatorial Candidate Al Melvin is making the rounds in Yuma. This evening he spoke with the Colorado River Tea Party and later had dinner with some of them. Friday morning, March 28, he will appear on the Russ Clark show on Outlaw Country KDYK AM1400 between 6-8 am. Then he’s off to Lute’s Casino for lunch with some of the locals. Contact: Sally Kizer email@example.com 928-210-1219
· Rep Matt Salmon, Rep David Schweikert and Sen. Jeff Flake will host an informational session on Sat, March 29 for Arizona high school students interested in attending one of the U.S. Service Academies from 10 am until noon in the Coronado High School Auditorium, 7501 E Virginia Ave, Scottsdale, AZ 85257. Those wishing to attend should RSVP to Salmon.Academy@mail.house.gov with name, phone number, high school, congressional district, and number of people attending the event. Click here to view the event flyer. Scholarship opportunities available through the U.S. Military Academy at West Point (USMA), the U.S. Naval Academy (USNA), the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA), and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA). Representatives from each US Service Academy will be present. Members of Salmon, Schweikert and Flake’s staff will be on hand to explain the Congressional nomination process. All Arizona high school students, regardless of age, are welcome.
· The Phoenix Fire And Police Departments are hosting Bike Rodeo safety adventure and child car seat installation events at the following three locations on Saturday, March 29.
· 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 pm, Cactus View Elem School, Central and Grovers Avenues
Bike Rodeos Only
· 8 to 11 am,Sweetwater Park, 44th Street and Paradise Village Parkway.
· 3:30 p.m. – 6 pm, Cave Creek Wash, 25th Avenue and Cactus Road
At the Bike Rodeo events, children between the ages of 5 and 15 will enjoy a skills course to educate them on the rules of the road, crosswalks, dangers and bicycle maintenance. The Bike Rodeo will include free helmet safety instruction, and helmets will be handed out to those in need.
· The Arizona American African Republican Committee (AAARC) will meet at 6 pm, April 2 at AZGOP headquarters, 3501 E. Thomas, Phx. Contact: Chairman Rev Clyde Bowen firstname.lastname@example.org
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary.
· AG Candidate Mark Brnovich: “The fundamental question is whether a business owner’s personal religious beliefs are overruled by the contraception mandates covered under Obamacare. If we lose the concept of religious liberty and the government is able to force business owners to pay for things such as the morning-after pill, how soon will it be before we lose the concept of property rights in this country?” firstname.lastname@example.org
· Mary Baumbach of the Ahwatukee Republican Women will host a multiple candidate BBQ Sat, March 29 for candidates CD9 - Andrew Walter , gubernatorial –Doug Ducey, Secretary of State – Justin Pierce, Attorney General – Mark Brnovich, AZ Senate – Tom Morrissey and AZ House – Jill Norgaard after their teams canvas south Phoenix. Schedule for volunteers:
· 8:30 am – Meet at Baumbach’s home, 4025 E. Tamay St., Phoenix , 85044 (wear campaign t-shirts, hats, sunscreen, and carry water.)
· 9 am – start neighborhood walks
· 11am – return to Baumbach’s home
· 11:30 am – BBQ lunch
· 12-noon – Meet the candidates
· Patty And Charlie Horn Are Hosting A March 29 Luncheon for CD1 candidate Andy Tobin and CD2 candidate Martha McSally - featuring US House Speaker John Boehner - at their home, Villa Girasole, 4400 W. Cush Canyon Loop, Canyon Pass, Marana. A rountable is scheduled at 22 am, photo ops at 11:30 am and lunch at noon. $500 per person, sponsors $10,400 per person, co-host $1,500 per person. RSVP: Michelle Hyder email@example.com 602.633-2777 or Teresa Wright firstname.lastname@example.org 623-498-7999.
· A Queen Creek Town Council candidate Emilena Turley petition signature gathering drive is scheduled at 9 am, Sat., March 29 at 21266 S. 213th Place, Queen Creek. Babysitting will be provided for younger children. RSVP Emilena 602-570-8430 email@example.com Website: www.emilenaturley.com
· A Victor Petersen For Gilbert Town Council campaign kick-off is scheduled between at 11am – 1 pm, Sat., March 29 at 88 E. Toledo Ct., Gilbert AZ, 85295(Extra Parking at Chalice Christian Church - 15303 S Gilbert Rd). Food, music and activities for children. Special guest Phx City Councilman Sal DiCiccio. Host committee consists of Cindy & Cindy Biggs, Eddie & Janet Farnsworth, Warren & Michelle Petersen, Denny Barney, Steve Chucri, Jared & Diane Taylor, Mickie & Jeff Niland, Jason Barney and Barb & Brain Yates. Contact: www.votevictorpetersen.com
The 8 Am, March 29, Eddie Cook For Gilbert City Council campaign free kick-off pancake breakfast at the home of Howard and Jana Morrison, 630 W Elliott, Gilbert. Special guests - Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery and Treasurer Doug Ducey. Entertainment by the Eddie Cook Gilbert Town Council Band. Donations will go to the Gilbert Community Action Network (CAN) to support their “Gilbert Gives Hope” donation drive for the homeless. Bring lawn chairs. For time and location contact: 480-213-8892 http://www.VoteEddieCook.com
· Reservations Are Due For The April 2 Arizona Republican Lawyers Association luncheon with Michael Bidwill, president of the Arizona Cardinals. The group will meet at 11:45 am at the Phoenix Country Club. $20 for members. $35 non-members. Limited space. RSVP required. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Central Republican Women Of Phoenix Forum For Corporation Commission Candidates is scheduled at 6 pm, April 3 at the Hilton Garden Inn, 4000 N. Central Ave., Phx. Program 6 pm with dinner and the candidate forum followed by a business meeting. Dinner - $22 per person. RSVP to Tina Shaw at email@example.com by March 31.
· East Valley Precinct Committees are hosting a Gubernatorial Open Mic Forum at 7 pm, April 10 at the Camp Verde High School, 3870 S Quartz St., Gilbert.
· LD11 House Candidate Vince Leach will address the SaddleBrooke Precinct Committeemen at 9 am, March 28 at the Mountain View Club House in SaddleBrooke.
· LD1 House Candidate Sean Englund will be attending the March 29 Fiesta Days Parade in Cave Creek.
· A Congressional District 2 Candidate Forum is scheduled at 6 pm, April 1 at the Miller-Golf Links Library, 9640 E. Gold Links Road, Tucson.
· The "Great American Rummage Sale" will be held between 7am-4 pm, Sat., March 29 at the Arizona Project office, 3375 E. Shea Blvd., Phx. The proceeds will be shared with Packages From Home.
· “It’s Disappointing That Harry Reid Has Been Less Than Forthright About Funneling over $30,000 to his granddaughter, but given his shady land deal that netted him over $1.1 million, illegal Christmas gifts to his pals at the Ritz-Carlton and accepting donations from straw donors we’re not surprised. It’s time we drain the swamp in Washington and it starts by removing Harry Reid as the Senate Majority Leader.” Jahan Wilcox, RNC Spokesman
· The Annual Arizona Game And Fish Department Outdoor Expo this weekend (March 29 and 30) at the Ben Avery Shooting Facility – located just west of I-17 and the Carefree Hwy, north of Phoenix. Admission and parking are free. Nominal fee for some shooting sports venues. Food/beverages at concessionaires. Expo hours are 9 am to 5 pm on Sat., March 29 and from 9 am to 4 pm, Sun., March 30. Expo map and program. Information: www.azgfd.gov/expo
· Arizona Right To Life Features Shane Krauser at the ‘Standing for Life’ gather from 10 am until noon, Sat., March 29 at the Roosevelt Community Church, 924 N. 1st Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004 Directions: Click here Free (Donations Accepted)
· Arizona’s Americans For Prosperity Neighborhood Surveys on Obamacare:
· March 29 & 30 –Anthem Days - 10 am to 4 pm, Anthem Community Parks, 41730 N. Gavilan Peak Parkway, Anthem http://www.onlineatanthem.com/anthem-days
April 5 – 10 am to 3 pm, AFP Regional Activist Conference, Mazatzal Casino, Mile Marker 251, Hwy 87, Payson. Register: https://paysonafpmtg.eventbrite.com
Constitutional Speaker Shane Krauser will address the Deer Valley Tea Party at 6:30 pm, Fri., March 28 at the Deer Valley Airport Restaurant, 702 W. Deer Valley Road., Phoenix. Directions: Click here.
· The Arizona Women's History Alliance Presents "Arizona Women Hiding In Plain Sight," a symposium dedicated to Arizona Women’s History March 28-29 in Cholla Hall Rm 110 at Chandler-Gilbert Community College. The Friday, March 28 session runs from 8:30 am to 5 pm. The Sat., March 29 even runs from 8:30 am- 12:30 pm. Opening remarks by The Honorable Sandra Day O’Connor, Retired Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. This is the first major public educational project of the Arizona Women's History Alliance (AWHA), a collaboration of the Arizona Women’s Hall of Fame and the Arizona Women’s Heritage Trail. It will help identify assumptions about women’s roles, discuss the importance of placing women in historical context and stimulate thinking about the research, writing and interpretation of women’s history. $20 per person, including Friday lunch. Registration: http://www.azlibrary.gov/eventreg. Contact: Liz Garland at 602-926-3720. Details: http://www.azwhf.org/?p=827.
ATTN LD and Club Chairmen: Please check your announcements on the 3-23-14 calendars posted at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· See MCRC Calendar For Complete Listing: Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/ Left Hand Column (In Red) - Maricopa County And State Wide GOP Activity Listings.
· March 29 - The Russell Pearce Show (Sat). 7 pm, 960AM The Patriot taking calls at (602) 508-0960.
· March 29 – Voice Of Veterans Talk Show (Sat) 3-5 pm, Host: Vernon Bagley with co-host Phil Mason. NBC 1260 AM, 96.1 FM. 480-423-1260. Questions/topics contact: Bagley at firstname.lastname@example.org or MAVS@azgop.org
· March 29- Steve Kates’ “A Call To Rights” Radio Show. (Sat) Noon to 2 pm, KFNX 1100 AM Call in 602-277-5369.
· James-Schlesinger-Dies: Defense-Energy-Secretary Served Nixon, Ford & Carter
· 17-Republican-Candidates-Announced-Contender-Part-NRCCs-‘Young-Guns’-Program McSally Advances, Tobin Dropped
· Democrats-March-Legal-Madness Some Pretty Heinous Headlines Today
· Mom In Unfed Baby Case Not A Victim Roberts
· Harry Reid Just Said Obamacare Problems Are Your Fault, Grandma Apparently, If You Are Over 60, You Are Incompetent On The Internet
· New-Proof-America-Dying Birth Rate Is Dropping
· The March of the Bonus Army
· 12 Part Series: Overpopulation In America.
· 17-Republican-Candidates-Announced-Contender-Part-NRCCs-Young-Guns-Program McSally Advances, Tobin Dropped
· Democrats-March-Legal-Madness Today, Democrats Across The Country Have Won Some Pretty Heinous Headlines For Their Actions
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch:
SECOND AMENDMENT/GUN RIGHTS
FIRST AMENDENT – FREE SPEECH
· Joni Ernst: "Let's Make 'Em Squeal" Castrates Hogs, Knows How To Cut Pork In DC
· The Birth Of The Israel Air Force
· Mansions (Veterans Memorial): Beautiful Tribute To Our Military Men And Women. Mansions!
WAR ON WOMEN
· Saudi-King-Holds-Daughters-Prisoners-13-Years The princesses' mother, who fled to London after the couple's divorce, broke the silence on British TV about her daughters' plight.
· Christian-Girls-Egypt-Kidnapped-Raped-Converted Two factors lie behind the abuse of Christian girls in Egypt, according to a study: Societal misogyny and Islamist indoctrination.
· 5-Things-You-Didn’t-Know-About-FGM FGM threatens an estimated 3M girls every year.
· State-Dept-Buries-Evidence-Saudi-Textbook-Incitement A Comprehensive Study Commissioned By The State Dept. Was Suppressed Because The Result Showed Such Damning Evidence.
· Hand Me That Poll There Is No Issue - No Issue - On Which The President Cracks 50 Percent Approval. On The Issue Of The "Federal Budget And Spending," He Scored A Dismal 33-63 Disapproval.