- ► February (26)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ▼ April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
March 31, 2014
· Goldwater-Statue-Unveiled An Eight-Foot Tall Bronze Statue Of Senator Barry Goldwater will soon join 99 of the nation’s most prominent citizens in Statuary Hall in Washington, D.C. The statue, publically unveiled at the state capitol on Monday, will remain in the Capitol Museum in Phoenix for the next several months before being transported to the nation’s capital.
· Three AzCDL Raffle Winners were drawn at the Tucson Gun Show on Sun, March 30. Winners of the new Glock Model 23 Gen 4 pistol are Tickets #623, #701 and #232. Donations from the raffle help fight to restore and protect your right to bear arms in Arizona. Project of the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), an all-volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization.
· Voter Apathy In Arizona was the topic of discussion on Crossroads with Van at 2 pm, today at van-the-radio-man The radio talk show is on Monday and Thursdays. Calls @ 347-857-4804 / 877-572-4283.
· See Phoenix City Councilman Jim Waring and Congressman David Schweikert at a town hall meeting: Video
· The Arizona Federation Of Republican Women Day At The Legislature is scheduled starting at 9:30 am, April 2 at the State Capitol. Participants are asked to wear red to show GOP strength. See details here.
· Robert & Jennifer Copeland Are Hosting a Clint Hickman for County Supervisor at 6 pm, Wed., April 2 at their home in Litchfield Park.
· Stand Up America US Is Hosting An Evening Of Conversation With MG Paul E. Vallely – US Army (Ret.) “America at a Crossroads” at 6 pm, April 2 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale. RSVP required. Light appetizers to be served. No host bar. Contribution $20 per person. $35 per couple. Contact Scott Winchell: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Arizona Republican Lawyers Association is hosting Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill at their 11:45 am, April 2 luncheon. RSVP required to email@example.com
· A Fundraiser Of Comedy, Music And Food For LD25 Sen Candidate Ralph Heap is scheduled at 6:30 pm, April 2 with comedians Jeff Maxwell and Jeff Cordes at the Superstition Manor, 10744 E. Brown, Mesa. Requested contribution $1,000 per table, $100 per person. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-909-6248.
The Arizona American African Republican Committee (AAARC) will meet at 6 pm, April 2 at AZGOP headquarters, 3501 E. Thomas, Phx. Contact: Chairman Rev Clyde Bowen email@example.com
· A Meet And Greet Fundraiser For Treasurer Candidate Randy Pullen is scheduled at 5:30 pm, April 2 at McMahon’s Steakhouse, 2959 N. Swan Road, Tucson. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
· A Meet And Greet For CD1 Candidate Adam Kwasman will be hosted by Roxanne Ziegler and Sherese Steffens at 6:30 pm, April 2 at the Continental Ranch Community Center, 8881 N.Coachline Rd., Tucson. Light refreshments will be served.
· The Race: Politics In Arizona TV Show Mixer is scheduled at 6:30 pm, April 4 – featuring Nat'l Director of Patriot Action Network Darla Dawald and CD1 Candidate Gary Kiehne – at the Thunder Canyon Brewery Downtown, 220 E Broadway, Tucson. Info Anthony Gonzales 404-5436.
· The Sun City West Republican Club will entertain incumbent Attorney General (AG) Tom Horne at 8 am coffee/donuts, 8:30 am mtg, Sat., April 5 in Quail Room, SCW Foundation Bldg. 14465 RH Johnson Blvd, Sun City West. $2 admission to cover expenses. Horne was elected AZ in 2010. Horne was a litigation attorney in private practice for more than 30 years prior. During that time he also served as a Special Assistant Attorney General, Superior Court Judge Pro Tem and Court of Appeals Judge Pro Tem. He is the author of a legal text published by the State Bar of Arizona. While practicing law, Horne served on the school board of Arizona's third largest school district (Paradise Valley School District) for 24 years, 10 as its president. He served four years in the Arizona Legislature, was a member of the Judiciary Committee, and was Chairman of the Academic Accountability Committee. On July 11, 2000, the Arizona Republic wrote that Tom Horne, "raises the level of debate at the state Legislature by several notches all by himself." He served as the elected Arizona State Superintendent of Public Instruction from 2003 to 2011. Horne has served in every branch of the government: more here.
· Scottsdale City Councilman Guy Phillips Is Hosting A Meet And Greet between 8-11 am, Sat., April 5 for LD28 Candidate Bob Littlefield and Scottsdale City Council Candidate Kathy Littlefield at 7131 E. Cholla St., Scottsdale . Complimentary breakfast food buffet food and drinks.
· An April 10 Hugh Hallman For State Treasurer Fundraiser will feature Gin Blossoms vocalist and guitarist Jesse Valenzuela, Arizona folk+rock+reggae warrior Walt Richardson, and Mark Zubia & Friends from 6:30pm to 8:30 pm at The Walterdome, 6425 East Thomas Road, Scottsdale. Snacks and beverages will be served. Admission $25 per person. Contact: www.HughHallman.com Hallman and Valenzuela are lifelong friends and went to grade/ high school together.Hallman is the former Mayor of Tempe.
· Congressman Paul Gosar: The Supreme Court heard oral arguments on Tuesday concerning ObamaCare’s contraceptive mandate. This mandate is yet another example of the federal government overstepping its constitutional bounds. The government cannot impose a mandate on business owners that requires them to choose between their religion and their livelihood.
· Fighting Common Core: Sen. Charles Grassley (R-IA) and Rep. Steve King (R-IA) are circulating a letter emphasizing the need to include language in the next Fiscal Year 2015 Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education Appropriations bills to ensure parents are able to keep accountable those who are making decisions for their child's education. Language is also needed to ensure that those decisions are made at the state and local level, not the federal level or by the U.S. Department of Education.The letter also clarifies that funds appropriated will not be used to develop or implement the Common Core State Standards developed under the Common Core State Standards Initiative. Info on Common Core, click here. Senators - click here. Representatives - click here.
· Congressman David Schweikert: “Beating back Barack Obama's extreme liberal policies is still #1 on my agenda. So too is this -- in 2014 we have a big opportunity to win back the Senate for the American people. .. Five hard left Senators will not be returning in 2014. Let's make sure their replacements are Constitutionally limited-government conservatives who understand that the American people want more jobs and less federal spending -- not more government!”
· The CD-1 Candidate Andy Kwasman schedule: events
· April 2 – 6:30 pm, Pima County Meet ‘n Greet, Continental Ranch Community Cntr, 8881 N Cochline Blvd, Marana.Contact Lynne at email@example.com
· April 3 - 7 pm, Gila County Meet ‘Greet, Bernard’s Coffee Station, 725 W Ash St., Globe. Contact Lynne at firstname.lastname@example.org
· April 4 – 5:30 pm, Pima County Meet ‘n Greet, Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W Greenock Dr, Oro Valley. Contact Marilyn at email@example.com
· April 7 – 6 pm, Pinal County Casa Grande Tea Party/AZ Conservative Coaliton, Legacy Suites, 540 N. Cacheris Ct, Casa Grande 85122Contact Lynne at firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD 11 House Candidate Vince Leach Schedule week of 3-30-14
· April 1 – 11:30 am, Pima Co. GOP, Sabbar Shrine Center, 450 S Tucson Blvd, Tucson
· April 2 -9 am, AZ Sen. Committee Hearing AZ Capital, Phoenix
· April 3 – 8:30 am, Oro Valley OV Chamber, Fire Station #377, 355 E Linda Vista Blvd, Oro Valley
· April 5 – 10 am, Marana Main Street Festival, Marana Main Street and Civic Center Drive.
· Phoenix City Councilman Jim Warings schedule for this week:
· April 2 – 2:45 pm, City of Phoenix Formal Council Meeting: Phoenix City Council Chambers - 200 W. Jefferson St., Phoenix (Google Map)
· April 2 – 6:30 pm, District 2 and 3 Budget Hearing: Paradise Valley Community Center (multi-purpose room) - 17402 N. 40th St., Phoenix
· April 8 – 2:30 pm, City of Phoenix Policy Meeting: Phoenix City Council Chambers - 200 W. Jefferson St., Phoenix
· April 8 – 6 pm, District 2 Budget Hearing: Tramonto Fire Station - 3210 W. Canotia Pl., Phoenix
· Congressman David Schweikert: Software code is the engine that keeps the modern world running. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts there will be over 9 million jobs in the STEM fields—half of which will be in computing. My colleagues and I recently introduced The Computer Science Education Act of 2013,(H.R. 2536) which gives school administrators the chance to offer Computer Science as part of their schools’ science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) curricula. Last school year only nine states allowed computer science courses to count toward secondary school core graduation requirements. HR 2536 would amend the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 to define computer science as a core subject and give more than just nine states the option to make computer science an area of focus. The bill also includes computer science teachers to create and participate in professional development activities.
· Phoenix City Councilman Jim Waring: The City Manager's trial budget came out last week. It contained cuts to services and personnel because of overly optimistic revenue forecasts and overspending in last year's budget. City staff and Council Members will spend the next month meeting with residents at budget hearings before the City Manager brings the budget back to the Council. The City is facing a $37.7 million deficit, and there is no reason the City should be in this position. I have commented many times over the last two years that forecasting a 7.5% growth rate seemed to be extremely high, as most other cities in the state forecasted lower growth rates. I did not vote for last year's budget where the City spent money on frivolous items. We should not be spending money on golf courses, the Melrose arch or poetry about recycling when we are facing such a large deficit. We have to get City spending under control.
· Circulating The Cyber Circuit: Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals: There are 8 levels of control that must be obtained before you are able to create a socialist/communist state. The first is the most important.
1. Healthcare "Control healthcare and you control the people”
2. Poverty “Increase the Poverty level as high as possible." Poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.
3. Debt “Increase the national debt to an unsustainable level." That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.
4. Gun Control “Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government." That way you are able to create a police state - total local control.
5. Welfare “Take control of every aspect of their lives" (Food, Livestock, Housing, and Income)
6. Education “Take control of what people read and listen to take control of what children learn in school.”
7. Religion “Remove faith in God from the Government and school.”
8. Class Warfare “Divide the people into the wealthy against the poor. Racially divide." This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to Tax the wealthy with full support of the voting poor.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary.
· The New Maricopa County Republican Committee Web Address Is: http://maricopa.arizonagop.us If there's something that you need and can't find, please contact Webmaster John Strasser at 480-273-8798.
· ATTN LD and Club Chairmen: Please check your announcements on the 3-30-14 calendars posted at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/ Copy deadline is Friday noon. Please send changes/updates/corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org so this calendar is current.
· See MCRC Calendar For Complete Listing: Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/ Left Hand Column (In Red) - Maricopa County And State Wide GOP Activity Listings
· Candidate Commentary:
LD18 Senate Candidate Tom Morrissey: “Pat Caddell, a democrat pollster, and somewhat of a rare commodity these days, (shhh ‘a conservative democrat’) spoke his mind at the March 14 CPAC gathering as reported by Breitbart, he blew the doors off the place with his comments. I identify with much of what he said, and I believe that several of the comments found in the recent article, should mean something to you. Caddell’s words are sobering and speak to something I came to know as Chairman of the AZ GOP. In that position, I allowed NO ‘Quid Pro Quo’ and that made fund raising very difficult but as it turned out - not impossible. I raised $3.8 million during my term, without surrendering my principles or the state party to special interests. I do not believe that our party should, in any way, be controlled by those who believe that their coffers are far more important than the good of the people. I cried out then for transparency and I promise, that if I am elected, that will be my guiding principle for as long as I am in office. Change must come from the bottom up, as we grow the ‘Tree of Liberty.’ WE can do this. WE must do this if we are to save this perfect union, known as the United States of America. To paraphrase another Deputy US Marshal, far more famous than me, ‘Tell them that I’m coming, and ‘Hell is coming with me.’ (Wyatt Earp from the movie ‘Tucson.’)” See: Caddell-Blows-the-Lid-Off-CPAC-With-Blistering-Attack-on-Racketeering-Republican-Consultants
· Congressman Matt Salmon: Since returning to Congress, I have fought tooth and nail to eliminate Obamacare. I've kept my promise to vote for alternative plans that replace Obamacare with solutions that put you and your family in charge of your healthcare, not the government. Make no mistake, President Obama continues to delay Obamacare because of political reasons. He knows that Obamacare will badly hurt his party in November's elections. I predicted these delays back in October on national television. view a clip prediction here. Friends, trust me when I say that President Obama wants nothing more than for us to forget about all the Obamacare problems and delays.I pledge to you today - I will never forget the damage from this horrible law and will continue to lead this fight in Washington until it is repealed and replaced.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs, noting that “about 40 percent of Arizona's revenue is federal money, the sixth-highest percentage of any state, and that 28 million acres of Arizona land is under the federal government's dominion and control, says it would be very advantageous to have a governor who's served in Congress and knows how to get things done at the federal level.” Riggs said he would use his experience in reigning in federal government spending, taxation and regulation to stop the Obama Administration's onslaught on the 10th Amendment and Arizona's sovereignty.
· CD1 candidate Adam Kwasman: “As I travel the campaign trail, I’m met by voters and constituents who are tired of the status quo in Washington. Reckless spending, enormous debt, and a sad lack of leadership on the important issues. I’m running to take my leadership experience and conservative values to the halls of Congress -- where they’re needed most…The liberal policies being churned out by the President and his allies in Congress have our nation moving further and further down the wrong path. It’s up to us to stand strong and pursue conservative solutions that can restore American exceptionalism and our standing on the world stage. We simply cannot afford more of the same.”
· LDl1 Incumbent Sen Steve Pierce: “Insurance providers in Arizona are currently being assessed an "insurance premium tax", a tax on gross receipts rather than on profits. This 2% tax makes it difficult to remain competitive and to attract quality jobs to Arizona.” Contact: stevepierce.com
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walters: “Election season is underway and in less than 14 hours we will close the books on the first quarter of 2014. I need your help to send a message to Kyrsten Sinema and the DC liberals that AZ-09 is tired of their lack of leadership and failed policies. email@example.com
· CD1 Candidate Andy Tobin: “We have only 12 hours until the end of the first financial quarter. We must send a strong message to national Democrats that rural Arizona is committed to keeping Nancy Pelosi out of the Speaker’s Chair.”
· CD9 candidate Wendy Rogers: “Our campaign has been surging since the New Year. Kyrsten Sinema, on the other hand, has been floundering. She’s abandoned any semblance of leadership in Congress, and openly considered leaving her current seat to retreat to a more favorable, liberal district. Simply put: She’s running and hiding from her responsibilities to her constituents. I am ready to serve and be held accountable to voters across the Arizona’s 9th district!”
· Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey: “ So many of us in Arizona are from somewhere else, and we share the special experience of knowing this state is one of the best places to live in the country. Back in 1982, my college counselor pointed at a map and said school is affordable out West and there’s a lot of opportunity. He was right then and, 30 years later, he is still right today. Arizona is a place of great opportunity. In 1996, I took a chance on an ice cream company called Cold Stone Creamery. Along with a few others, we took a great product, started small, and built it to more than 1400 stores operating in all 50 states. Today it’s in 25 countries around the world. It’s an American success story, and I’m proud that it all started right here in Arizona. A few Cold Stone achievements are:
· Cold Stone Creamery is awarded "Best of Phoenix" for the first time in 1996
· Nation’s Restaurant News “Golden Chain” Award, 2006
· #14 on Entrepreneur magazine’s 2007 “Franchise 500” list
· Nation’s Restaurant News’s “Top 100” in 2007
We did it the right way – big dreams, hard work and great people. Things like that happen when opportunity is in the air and when a state is welcoming to free enterprise. Arizona is one of those states, and as governor, I will be committed to making it even stronger. It didn’t happen by accident – there was lots of hard work involved – but I don't think we would have seen the same levels of success if we had started Cold Stone Creamery in another state.”
· For-40-Years-This-Russian-Family-Was-Cut-Off-From-All-Human-Contact-Unaware-Of-World-War-Ii Update...The Youngest Daughter Agafia, Was Still Alive As Of April 4, 2013. She Is 69 Yrs Old And Lives By Herself At The Old Family Homestead In The Taiga.
· Haunted-Arizona-Gold-Mine-For-Sale A Nearly 150-Year-Old Gold Mine Is For Sale Near Stanton, And Though It's Been One Of The Most Profitable Gold Mines In The State's History, It Also Has A Scary Past. Chan 5
· Gold-Mine-Near-Wickenburg For Sale Sale Price Of $5.9 Million Steve Kraft, Chan 10
· Report-Arizona-Latinos-Indians-Children-Lag-Behind-Peers Future Work Force Underdeveloped
· AZ-Wildfire-Burns-In-Steep-Terrain-Near-Flagstaff Hot Shots Keep Wildfire At 6 Acres
· Judge-Allows-Ban-On-Medication-Abortions-To-Take-Effect Blow To Planned Parenthood
· Mohave County District Iii Board Of Supervisors Newsletter Supervisor Buster Johnson
· Inside-Koch-Funded-Ads-Giving-Dems-Fits “ …The Koch Network’s Anti-Obamacare Assault Began In 2009 With Sean Noble, A Former Chief Of Staff To Arizona Congressman John Shadegg And Then An Adviser To The Koch Brothers, And Randy Kendrick, The Wife Of Arizona Diamondbacks Part-Owner Ken Kendrick And A Prominent Donor To The Kochs’ Formidable Fundraising Network.”
· Your Tax $ Us-Taxpayers-To-Spend-$400,000-For-A-Camel-Sculpture
· Ice-Catch & Release Report Released 68,000 Convicted Illegals
· Poll-Suggests-Dems-Are-Missing-The-Mark-With-Swing-Voters A New Political Advocacy Group Has Teamed Up With Former Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) To Argue That The Economic Inequality Agenda Of Senate Democrats Is A Loser With Swing Voters.
· Abolish College Athletic Scholarships Robert Robb
Sheriff Joe Arpaio Joins JD Hayworth 9 Am Tues. If You’re Not Watching “America’s Forum,” You’re Not Fully Informed
Lisa Aubuchon Speaks Out – The Other Side The Bar And Media Don’t Want You To Know Disbarred Deputy Attorney Under Andrew Thomas Exposes Corruption Of AZ State Bar - Names Names, Reveals Former Bar President Ed Novak’s Unethical Role In Targeting Political Enemies
· We Are Closely Watching This Race! AZ Corporation Commission
· GOP-Establishment-Takes-Hit-From-Key-Conservative Famous Republicans Targeted For Dumpster – Tea Party ‘As Much A Rebellion Against The Big Government Republicans’ As Liberal Dems.
· ICE-Catch & Release Report Interior Immigration Enforcement In 2013 - Released 68,000 Convicted Illegals
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch:
SECOND AMENDMENT/GUN RIGHTS
FIRST AMENDENT – FREE SPEECH
· Learn-The-Language-Or-Leave The Netherlands it seems, has had enough of the immigrant demands of the Muslims who seem bent on taking over the country and in making all kinds of demands that they be allowed to practice Sharia law and special hours of blocking the streets for public prayer in the street, thereby making it impossible to move about freely.
· Unbelievable: The Caleb Bonham Show: Common Core Math
· Report: Us Could Free Israeli Spy To Save Talks
Learn-The-Language-Or-Leave The Netherlands it seems, has had enough of the immigrant demands of the Muslims who seem bent on taking over the country and in making all kinds of demands that they be allowed to practice Sharia law and special hours of blocking the streets for public prayer in the street, thereby making it impossible to move about freely.