- ► May (25)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ▼ April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
April 11, 2014
· The following was read on the Arizona House floor yesterday (Thurs, April 10) by Rep. Bob Thorpe. At the completion of his reading 40-members of the Arizona House of Representatives signed the document of support for the Nevada Bundy family. This signed document then was sent directly to the Arizona Congressional delegation and others at noted on the document.
· AZ House documents re: the Nevada Bundy Family eviction: To U.S. Senators Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell, U.S. Representatives John Boehner, Paul Gosar, David Schweikert, Matt Salmon and Trent Franks, Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval, Nevada State House Speaker Marilyn Kirkpatrick, Nevada State Senator Moises Denis, Arizona Governor Janis Brewer, Arizona State House Speaker Andy Tobin, Arizona State Senate President Andy Biggs
Dear Federal and State Officials: Please read or provide copies of the following to your respected assemblies:
Over forty Arizona State House and Senate members have signed the enclosed House Recognition dated April 10, 2014 regarding the forcible removal of the Bundy family and their livestock from historic lands ranched by the family since the 1800s. Members of the 51st Arizona Legislature strongly object to any and all unlawful actions by federal, state and local government officials and ask U.S. Congressional officials and Nevada state and local officials to investigate all of these actions, and to do everything in their power to ensure law and order and that Constitutional rights are upheld, and that government officials who are in violation be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
It is understood that only about 15 percent of Nevada is under private ownership, compared to only about 17 percent of Arizona that is also under private ownership. Land disputes are not uncommon especially in the west, but the extremely large un-enumerated federal presence in our western states, as compared to the minimal federal presence in the eastern states, and the heavy-handed way that federal and Nevada state and local officials appear to be evicting the Bundy family and their livestock, are controversial to say the least. These actions appear to be in direct opposition to our nation’s founding principles of certain God-given unalienable rights and constitutional rights, and our private property rights which are the cornerstone of our Republic. Respectfully -AZState Rep Bob Thorpe
House Recognition, April 10, 2014
· Whereas Cliven Bundy and his family have been herding their cattle on Southern Nevadaland since the 1800s, predating the BLM (U.S. Bureau of Land Management).
· Whereas the Federal government is forcibly removing the Bundy family and their livestock from their historic ranch lands.
· Whereas the agencies of the federal government are apparently violating civil rights, property rights and the 1st Amendment rights of free speech by limiting speech only to specified designated locations.
Members of the 51st Arizona Legislature strongly object to any and all unlawful actions by the federal, state and local government officials and ask our congressional delegation and Nevada State and local officials to investigate these actions and do everything in their power to ensure law and order and that Constitutional rights are upheld. Warmest regards, Representative Bob Thorpe, LD-6.
· Editor’s Note: See Multiple Links In The ‘Bundy/BLM Standoff’ Section below.
· Congressman Paul Gosar Is Holding A “Downwinders” Field Hearing at 10 am, Mon, April 14 in the Mohave County Board of Supervisors Auditorium, 700 W. Beale St., Kingman, AZ 86402. This hearing will focus on the people, known as Downwinders, who were exposed to ionized radiation from nuclear weapons tests and developed cancer as a result. From 1945 to 1962, the United States conducted nearly 200 atmospheric nuclear weapons tests in Nevada, spreading radioactive fallout over Arizona and several other states. Gosar will give an overview of the history of nuclear weapons testing in Nevada, the law that Congress passed in 1990 to compensate Downwinders, and the bill he introduced to make all affected residents of Mohave County eligible for federal compensation. Currently, only the part of Mohave County north of the Grand Canyon is eligible for compensation. Testimony will be heard from witnesses whose lives have been affected, including those who have developed life-threatening cancers from radiation exposure associated with the nuclear testing commissioned by the government. Other witnesses have lost loved ones and countless friends. All of the testimonies, statements, and information shared at the hearing will be submitted in to the Congressional Record and will assist lawmakers in reforming a well-intentioned but flawed law. If you can't attend, you can watch the hearing live online on Monday by clicking HERE.
· A Round Table And Reception For LD16 Senate Candidate Taylor McArthur, featuring Congressman Paul Gosar, DDS. will be hosted by Dr. Ajay Bhatnagar, MD, MBA & Dr. Rashmi Bhatnagar, DMD, MPH at the Bhatnagar residence, 273 W Malibu Drive, Chandler between 5:30-7 pm, April 17. 5:30 pm - Roundtable discussion. 6 pm - Reception. Roundtable/reception - $1,000 individual tickets. Individual tickets $250 (suggested). Business/Business Casual Attire RSVP:Tysen Schlink at email@example.com or 480-789-9869.
· LD21 Rep Debbie Lesko’s HB 2284 that brings safety inspection standards for abortion clinics up to the same level as other health facilities, passed out of both chambers, and was sent to Governor Brewer this week. HB2284 allows the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) to make unannounced health inspections of abortion clinics. “I am thrilled that this legislation has passed,” said Lesko. “This common sense legislation will protect women and bring abortion clinics up to the same health standards as every other health facility in the state.” Currently abortion clinics are the only health care facilities in Arizona not subject to unannounced inspections by ADHS, even if the agency has reasonable cause to believe a violation of safety standards is occurring. ADHS has to obtain a search warrant before inspecting abortion clinics. This process could take several days to weeks. CONTACT: Christopher Leone at 602-926-3233 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Activist Paul Brierley’s Is Bursting With Pride for his daughter Jeanelle Brierley, who appeared as the concertmaster at 9:31 pm, April 9 for the Cleveland Institute of Music Orchesetra as the performed in the Severance Hall in Cleveland. WCLV 104.9 FM.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs: Arizona Right to Life Political Action Committee wants Pro-Life supporters to believe that Doug Ducey is a pro-life candidate based on Ducey’s “resources.” But the truth is Doug Ducey has no pro-life record. In fact, he’s never been a legislator or even had to cast a single pro-life vote. Riggs says: “I’m the only candidate running for Governor with a proven pro-life, pro-family voting record. As a three-term U.S. Congressman, I voted for:
• The Hyde Amendment to ban federal funding for abortion on demand;
• To prohibit abortions at medical facilities on federal military installations;
• To ban the abhorrent practice of Partial Birth Abortion;
• To defend traditional marriage (The Defense of Marriage Act);
• And for the Adoption Tax Credit and the Dependent Child Tax Credit.
Riggs continued, “I believe in the dignity, worth and purpose of every life. Government has no greater responsibility than to protect the sanctity of life from conception to natural death, especially life in the womb. I support the ‘conscience clause’ allowing a business owner or medical provider to refuse to provide abortion-related services based on moral and religious beliefs. riggsforazgov.com
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club Has Changed Its Meeting To 9 am, April 12, a the Fountain Hills High School Learning Center, Palisades 7 Golden Eagle, for the gubernatorial forum. Candidates include Secretary of State Ken Bennett, former Go Daddy officer Christine Jones, State Senator Al Melvin, former chief phoenix Indian Medical Center Dr. John Molina, former Congressman Frank Riggs and former Mesa Mayor Scott Smith.
LD17 PC's Are Needed For A Precinct Walk from 9 am until noon, Sat, April 12 in the Mission and Verano precincts. Volunteers will gathers at the Guns Etc parking lot, 2156 N Alma School Road, Chandler. Bring: Smart Phone, Ipad/Tablet & Charger (backup maps will be provided for those who do not have smart phones) Clipboard, Petitions, Pen, Water, Hat & Sunscreen. Contact: Angi at 602.561.3817 or email@example.com
· CD1 Candidate Andy Tobin: The Federal Government's Regulatory Overreach In Nevada is appalling. Cliven Bundy is a rancher just outside of Las Vegas, Nevada who is the latest victim of overbearing government regulations. Despite his family grazing their cattle on public land for over 100 years, he is in debt to the Nevada Bureau of Land Management to the tune of $1 Million. Now his cattle are being impounded and his ranch is surrounded by armed federal agents. In Nevada, the overregulation problem right now is about cattle and grazing rights. In Arizona it’s also about forestry. Folks are constantly telling me about the Arizona logging industry’s inability to harvest trees due to government regulation. Our forests provide fuel for under-producing power stations and good land management helps prevent the kind of forest fires that have devastated rural Arizona-- costing lives and homes. Radical environmentalists collude with the federal government to make it impossible to utilize valuable Arizona resources and make our rural communities safer. I know this much: Arizonans know how to better manage our land than Washington, D.C. bureaucrats. It's my hope that Governor Sandoval will do everything in his power to ensure that the constitutional rights of Mr. Bundy and his family are not violated any further. I pray for a peaceful, constitutional, and just conclusion to this egregious federal overreach.
· AZCDL recommends watching these bills:
· HB 2103, the AzCDL-requested bill lowering the age limit for CCW permit eligibility to 19 for those with military service.
· HB 2338, the AzCDL-requested bill that adds to the definition of Aggravated Assault the illegal taking, or attempted taking, of a legally possessed (i.e., your) firearm.
· HB 2339, the AzCDL-requested bill that would allow CCW permit holders to carry in public buildings unless everyone entering is screened for weapons.
· HB 2483, which would strengthen the protection of the lawful use of firearms, air guns and archery equipment on private property.
· HB 2517, which would add penalties for cities and counties violating state firearms preemption law.
· HB 2535, which would require local law enforcement to sign required NFA transfers within 60 days after receiving a request for certification.
· SB 1063, the AzCDL-requested bill that would make “no firearms” signs on public buildings unenforceable unless the statutory weapons storage requirements are followed.
· SB 1366, which clarifies the definition of a firearm.
As bills progress we will keep you informed via these alerts. Watch for our Action Alerts on bills needing your help using our Legislative Action Center.
You may access these bills via Legislative Action Center’s Hot Issues page. Once there, the bills are listed on the right side of the page under the “Take Action” banner. Simply click on each bill and follow instructions. If you encounter any difficulties, please contact Fred (firstname.lastname@example.org). These alerts are a project of the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), an all-volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization.
· Drivers Should Be Aware Of The Following Restrictions:
· Southbound Loop 303 closed between Camelback and McDowell roads in Goodyear from 11:30 p.m. Friday to 10 p.m. Sunday
· Southbound Loop 303 off-ramp at Indian School Road and southbound on-ramp at Camelback Road closed from 11:30 p.m. Friday to 9 p.m. Monday
· Northbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) closed between Northern and Olive avenues in Glendale from 11 p.m. Saturday to 1 p.m. Sunday
· The Walk With LD25 Candidate Haydee Dawson starts at 8:30 am, Sat., April 12 at the Mesa High School parking lot.
· LD25 Senate Candidate Ralph Heap’s campaign open house is scheduled from 9am to 2 pm, April 12 at 3535 E Brown, #101, Mesa.
Politics On The Rocks is holding a networking event featuring Congressional candidate Andrew Walter at noon, Sat., April 12 at the Fiat of Scottsdale Rugby Bowl 2014: Spikes & Spokes in the ASU tent at Westrworld, Walter will speak on his experiences at NAU, the NFL and his congressional race. Tickets the ASU Tent at www.therugbybowl.com. Tickets are $22 in advance and $28 at the door. Any ticket purchase provides entry to our event. Contact Charles Jensen Politics on the Rocks National Committee
· CD1 Candidate Andy Tobin as a full day scheduled for Sat., April 12:
· 9 am, Pima County GOP Headquarters opening, 1740 E. Fort Lowell #120, Tucson. Contact Jenna Bentley jenna.Bentley@AZGOP.org
· Noon: Pinal County GOP HQ opening, 111 W Florence Blvd, #7, Casa Grande . Contact DallinForrest Dallin.Forrest@AZGOP.org
· 2:30 pm, Meet & Greet in the Park, 551 W Lambert Lane, Oro Valley. Contact: Gini Crawford Gini@4Campaigning.com
· 3:30 pm, Wilson Middle School Carnival, 2330 W Glove Rd., Oro Valley. Contact: Gini Crawford Gini@4Campaigning.com
· 5 pm, Gini Crawford Open House, 12954 N Cactus Bluff Place, Marana. Contact: Contact: Gini Crawford Gini@4Campaigning.com
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· The New Maricopa County Republican Committee Web Address Is: http://maricopa.arizonagop.us If there's something that you need and can't find, please contact Webmaster John Strasser at 480-273-8798.
· See MCRC Calendar For Complete Listing: Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/ Left Hand Column (In Red) - Maricopa County And State Wide GOP Activity Listings
· April 12 – PARADISE REPUBLICAN WOMEN’S CLUB (2nd Sat), 10:30 am, Gainey Ranch GolfClub, 600 Gainey Ranch Rd., Scottsdale. Speakers: tba. Reservations: Linda Brickman 602 / 330-9422 firstname.lastname@example.org
· April 12 – FOUNTAIN HILLS REPUBLICAN CLUB GUBERNATORIAL FORUM. 9 am, Fountain Hills Learning Center, Contact: Contact Edith Stoc email@example.com
· April 12, 29, 26 – “Legal-Ease With Dennis Wilenchik” - Republican political talk show, (every Wed) 4 pm. KFNX 1100. legaleseonline
· April 12, 19, 26 - The Russell Pearce Show (Sat). 7 pm, 960AM The Patriot taking calls at (602) 508-0960.
· April 12, 19, 26 – Voice Of Veterans Talk Show (Sat) 3-5 pm, Host: Vernon Bagley with co-host Phil Mason. NBC 1260 AM, 96.1 FM. 480-423-1260. Questions/topics contact: Bagley at firstname.lastname@example.org or MAVS@azgop.org
· April 12, 19, 26- Steve Kates’ “A Call To Rights” Radio Show. (Sat) Noon to 2 pm, KFNX 1100 AM Call in 602-277-5369.
· April 14 – LD19 (2nd Mon) 7 Pm, 1416 N Litchfield Rd, Litchfield Park (Conference Room Of Total Wine Store Litchfield Rd/Mcdowell). Contact: Chr Cherie Scott Cherie.Azld19@Gmail.Com
· April 15 – LD4 (With Estrella Republican Club)(3rd Tues) 6:30 Pm Social. 7 Pm Mtg. Starpointe In Estrella Mountain Ranch. Contact: LD4 Chairman Rhonda King Rhondaking08@Gmail.Com 623-640-3742 Cell
· April 15 – CHANDLER REPUBLICAN WOMEN, (3rd Tues) 6:30 pm social, 7 pm mtg in the Cooper Room (2nd flr), Chandler Public Library, 22 S Delaware St., Chandler. Speakers: Attorney General candidates incumbent Tom Horne and Mark Brnovich. Contact: 2nd Vice-Chair Lisa Askey email@example.com 602-320-9291.
· Sen Jeff Flake: Op-Ed For The Arizona Daily Star: Stop The IRS Abuse Of Free Speech
· Obamacareinpictures See Graphs
· Arizona-Corporate-Welfare Robert Robb
· GOP elites backdoor amnesty, left uses intimidation ACLU employs strong-arm Tactics, Bullying, Deluge Of Subpoenas, In Attempt To Silence AZ Conservatives
· Ranchers-Sister-Tackled-By Blm-Agent-Standoff Raw Video: Rancher’s Sister Thrown On Ground By BLM Agent At Standoff
Thought-Police-On Patrol No Longer Trying To Win The Debate, The Left Is Trying To Stop Debate Altogether.
· Obama Disarms, Cuts Deployed Nuke Force By 50
SECOND AMENDMENT/GUN RIGHTS
· Rand Paul Wants Every Pilot To Be Armed.
· Social Security And The Treasury Are Taking Money From Descendents’ Tax Refunds To Repay Their Parents' Decades-Old Debts.
· ‘I Want To Know Who Is Going To Jail’ Boehner Weighs In On The IRS Scandal
FAST AND FURIOUS
· 'You Don't Want To Go There': Holder Tangles With GOP Rep At Hearing Holder Got Into A Heated Argument With A Republican Congressman Tuesday Over The Still-Pending Contempt Case Against Him.
WAR ON WOMEN
BUNDY/BLM STAND OFF
· The Bundy Ranch blog bundyranch.blogspot.com
· The Bundy Ranch And Desert Tortoises Before-Nevada-Cattle-Rancher-Dispute-BLM-Was-Euthanizing-Endangered-Desert-Tortoise
· Standoff-Desert-Last-Rancher-South-Nevada-Takes-200-Armed-Federal-Agents-Snipers-Trying-Confiscate-Cattle-Ancestral-Land-Constitutional-Dispute-Rare-Tortoise BLM Air Support - 9 Helicopters Involved (Plus Many Related Pictures)
· Federal-Agents-Kill-Cattle-Taser Critics Claim Helos And "Contract Cowboys" Run Cattle To Death; Hence The Backhoe
· Tensions-Increase-As-Feds-Seize-Cattle Quotes From Both Sides In The Dispute "The ranchers say this is calving season and mother cows are being separated from their babies. "'They haven't been able to feed their calves and that means the calves are starving to death,' Ammon Bundy said. "The BLM has denied killing any cattle intentionally, only saying that there may be
some cases where a cow would need to be euthanized. "
· Cliven 'N Carol Bundy's Youtube Channel (21 Videos) /Www.Youtube.
· "Cowboy Poetry" From Ranch Manager Derrel Spencer: Rancher Poet
· Oath-Keepers-To-Help-With-Bundy-Protest Shirlee Bundy Explains The Bundy's Claim On The Land
· Gov Brian Sandoval (R-NV) Criticized For Stopping At Only Harsh Words bundys-vs-blm-nazis-its-past-time
· At Least One U.S. Senator Weighs In nevada-Governor-Decries-BLM "Sen. Dean Heller of Nevada said he told new U.S. Bureau of Land Management chief Neil Kornze in Washington, D.C., that law-abiding Nevadans shouldn't be penalized by an 'overreaching' agency."
· Oath-Keepers-To-Help-With-Bundy-Protest Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (former AZ Sheriff Richard Mack
· Militia Angle Downplayed; ‘Please Don't Wear Camo To The Scene’ observations-on-militia
· Bob Wright (NM Militia) explains why: observations-on-militia
· Revolution-Now-In-Nevada Action Items and Contact Information
· Boehner-Blasts-Holder-There-Is-No-Issue-Of-Race 'They Have Not Been Forthcoming; They Owe The American People The Truth'
· Sebelius Resigns. Slide Show
· Obama-Gives-Himself-A-Pay-Raise Executive Order Raising His Annual Salary
· To $1 Million. And If That Weren’t Generous Enough, He Threw In A $200,000 Bonus For Killing Osama Bin Laden.