- ► March (23)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ▼ April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
April 14, 2014
· Go To: http://recorder.maricopa.gov/web/precinctcommitteemen.aspx to print out your PC nomination paper and petition. Scroll to
Completed forms must be received by 5:00 PM on May 28, 2014 (postmarked does not count) at the Maricopa County Elections Dept, ATTN: Krist/Berta, 111 S. 3rd Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85003. Do not mail completed forms to the recorder’s office before April 28, 2014.
· Tempe Republican Women will conduct a gubernatorial candidates forum at 6:30, April 28 at the Pyle Recreation Center, 655 E Southern, Tempe. www.temperw.org
· LD17 will meet at 7 pm, April 22 to hear CD9 candidate Wendy Rogers and Tyler Farnsworth, A Social Media & Influencer Strategist, at the Tri-City Baptist Christian Seminary Building, 2211 W. Germann Road. Chandler.
· LD23 Candidates John Strasser, Bob Littlefield, Jay Lawrence, Effie Carlson, Chuck Schmidt and incumbent Michelle Ugenti will make up the panel of contestants for the Fountain Hills AZ Tea Party Candidate’s Forum scheduled at 6:30 pm, April 15 at the Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd. (Palisades Blvd. & Golden Eagle Blvd. Free admission, Donations accepted. Contact: Richard Rutkowski email@example.com or www.fhteaparty.org
· Congressman Paul A. Gosar Will Hold A Tax Day PublicTown Hall at 6:30 pm, April 15 at the Golden Shores Civic Assn, 13136 S Golden Shores Pkwy, Topock to discuss the how complexity of our current tax system impedes families' and businesses' ability to make long-term financial decisions and is detrimental to our nation’s economy. RSVP to Garrett.Hawkins@mail.house.gov . Click HERE event flyer.
· A Reception For Scottsdale City Council Candidate Michael Auerbach, featuring Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, is scheduled for 6 pm, Wed., April 16 at the Capitol Grill, 16489 N. Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale. Minimum Donation $125 per person. RSVP to:
· The Chandler Republican Attorney General Candidate Night, featuring incumbent Tom Horne and his challenger Mark Brnovich, is scheduled at 6:30 pm, April 15 at the Chandler Library, 22 S Delware, Chandler.
· Congressman Matt Salmon: Excellent education, reasonable cost: Arizona has it. Op-Ed.
· LD16 Rep Brenda Barton: A Story about the BLM in AZ ... Once upon a time, not too long ago, the BLM had just finished poisoning the 'non-indigenous fish that had come to settle in Boni...ta Creek just west of where it flows into the Gila River. They had been 're-wilding' the area according to their "Plan". One day however, they discovered that a colony of about 30 beavers had made the area their home and were building, well you know, what beavers build. This was quite unfortunate for the beavers because you see, they were not part of "The Plan" for yet 3 more years. Well, you know how government agents follow their rule books - the entire colony was exterminated. We're not sure if today any beavers have returned to that portion of the re-wilded Bonita Creek... Next time, we'll tell you how environmentalists almost wiped out the Mt Graham Red Squirrel with their efforts to re-build the population.
· CD1 Candidate Andy Tobin: Nancy Pelosi’s SUPER PAC just hit the airwaves in Arizona attacking me for opposing ObamaCare. Pelosi is spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on these attack ads.
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally: Pelosi just placed a major TV buy in Southern Arizona attacking me - for the SECOND TIME since January.
· CD1 Candidate Andy Tobin:"The fact that Nancy Pelosi is using her Super PAC to attack me in April shows just how competitive this race is and how worried national Democrats are that we will replace Ann Kirkpatrick in November. But Arizonans won’t fall for these deceptive ads. Seniors are feeling the impacts of ObamaCare first hand and know that Kirkpatrick is the one who has voted to cut Medicare and reduce the quality of their health care. I want to bring their voices to Washington to be a check and a balance on Nancy Pelosi and President Obama to ensure that seniors are protected from the devastating consequences of ObamaCare. Unfortunately, Ann Kirkpatrick continues to support this horrible law."
· Effie Carlson Has Announced Her Candidacy For The LD23 House race.
· The Scottsdale Parent Council Legislative Candidate Forum is scheduled at 9:30 am, May 14 at the Scottsdale Education Center, 3811 N. 44th St., Phx. 17 candidates from LD23 and LD28 have been invited.
· A LD23 House Candidate Jay Lawrence meet and greet is planned May 1 at Phil's Filling Station, Fountain Hills. Entertainment by Las Vegas Lounge act, The PAXTONS
· Shane Krauser, Constitutional Attorney with the American Academy Constitutional Education will address the Daisy Mountain Tea Party April 15, according to DMTP Chairman Vera Anderson. firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD6 Rep Brenda Barton: Many of you have witnessed the events that unfolded on the Bundy Ranch in Nevada this past week. I too watched in horror, at the excessive show of para-military force exhibited by the Federal government. I asked myself, ‘Why, what wrong has the Bundy family done to receive this treatment?’ In researching this matter I have learned that this issue of non-payment of grazing fees has existed since 1993 but only now has the Federal government taken action. The Bundy family has had grazing rights to this land since before Nevada statehood, so that’s pretty much a non-starter issue.
Many of you have heard that the Endangered Species Act was invoked by the BLM. The Bundy Ranch however isn’t on BLM managed lands and the Desert Tortoise is not impacted by free range cattle. However, the extremist environmental law/activist group, the Center for Biological Diversity (CBD) utilizing the practice of “Sue & Settle” had filed lawsuits under the Endangered Species Act. But the level of Federal aggression against an American ranching family was still not making sense. The Bundy Ranch however is not on BLM managed lands.
Legally, the US Bureau of Land Management (BLM) holds title to no lands. They are chartered to ‘manage lands held in trust by the federal government’. The U.S. Constitution specifically prohibits the Federal government from outright land ownership except for some very narrow purposes. What I have found is what appears to be a massive land grab by the Federal government to obtain more direct control of western lands and the valuable resources contained therein using a overly broad misinterpretation of the Antiquities Act.
In Colorado, Texas and other Western States, the Federal government appears engaged in a massive over-reach of their authority in an attempt to increase land holdings they have direct control over. This may be in response to the renewal by the Western States in seeking their lands back from the Federal government. Utah recently enacted legislation demanding that the Federal government return lands to Utah retained improperly at statehood. Whatever the Federal government’s motive is, Arizona must be protected!
· LD16 Rep Nancy Barton is asking that voters contact legislators in support of several bills she is sponsoring this session:
· SCR1016 calling for an Article V States Convention be placed before the Arizona voters this November (before the House currently)
· HB2700 enacting an inventory of, and valuation of all state lands acquired or obtained by the Federal government without just compensation, since Arizona statehood. (before the Senate currently)
· HB2699 calling for reimbursement by the Federal government of the economic costs related to the Endangered Species Act, (before the Senate currently)
· HB2305 calling for Arizona to join a compact of states (a contract among states) demanding Congress to enact a Balanced Budget Amendment to the US Constitution (Held in the Senate Rules Committee)
· Congressman Paul Gosar Is Conducting A “Adopt-A-Highway Cleanup from 2-4 pm, April 19 between Hwy 89 Marker Post 326 – 327 in Chino Valley. Wear gloves, long pants and boots. Garbage bags and safety vests provided.Park and Meet at Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce, 175 E. Road 2 South, Chino Valley 86323. RSVP: Jeremiah Cota at Jeremiah.Cota@mail.house.gov
· In response to reports of the death of up to 40 veterans at the Phoenix VA Hospital, the Arizona Chapter of Concerned Veterans is holding a rally in support of HR 4031 (Management Accountability Act) at 12:30 pm, Wed., April 16 at Steele Indian Park in Phoenix. Food and drink will be drinks will be provided free. Special guest tba. “Many commentators are calling for ‘heads to roll,’ however, current VA personnel policies make it nearly impossible to fire poorly-performing managers at the VA,” according to chapter issues and legislative campaign manager Dan Caldwell. RSVP to concernedveteransforamerica.org or contact Caldwell at  999-0888.
· Fast & Furious ATF Agent And Whistleblower John Dodson will address the 6:30 pm, May 1, Remember 1986 dinner. (dinner at 5 pm) at Coco’s Paradise Valley Mall, 4568 E Cactus Rd, Phoenix. Dodson will present ‘The Unarmed Truth: My Fight to Blow the Whistle and Expose Fast and Furious’. RSVP required to email@example.com Contact: Barb Heller firstname.lastname@example.org
· The May 6 Surprise Tea Party Patriots will hear a discussion on Common Core Standards for Math and Languages by Dr. Gail Pletnick (affirmative) and Robert S. Michael (negative). Pletnick is the Superintendent of the Dysart Unified School district. She is the former Director of School Accountability and Analysis for the Deer Valley Unified School district and been a principal in Pennsylvania and Arizona. She was named as a West Valley 24 Leader and serves as an AASA Governing Board representing Arizona administrators. Pletnick earned her Ed.D. from Temple University in Administration and Policy Studies. Michael has taught junior high and high school English literature, undergraduate introductory psychology, educational psychology, graduate level courses in database design, data analysis for public managers, statistics for educational researchers, and research design. He has published articles on school psychology and school finance, numerous reports on Indiana's school funding formula, and his latest book-length monograph is "Educational Adequacy: How Much Money is Enough?" Since October 2011 he has written and made presentations about Common Core and the progressive hegemony in education. Contact: wwwsurpriseteapartypatriots.com
· Yavapai County Republican Headquarters is looking information on who made the round Goldwater campaign pin that was distributed at the Sept 3, 1964 Sen Barry Goldwater for President campaign on the steps of the Prescott Courthouse. The button has a white background with red lettering reads: Prescott – Arizona Welcomes BARRY Sept 3, 1964. Contact: L.G. Mace YavGop Headquarters (928) 776-4500.
· Congressman Paul Gosar’s scheduled for this week:
· April 15 – 6:30 pm, Tax Day Town Hall, Golden Shores Civic Assn., 13136 S Golden Shores Pkwy, Topock, AZ 86436. Flyer HERE
· April 18 – 4 pm, San Tan Valley Small Business, The Daily Bread Bistro, 5618 East Skyline Drive, San Tan Valley. Click HERE flyer.
· April 19 – 2 pm, Gosar’s staff at Adopt A Highway Clean up,Highway 89 Mile Marker Post 326 to 327, Chino Valley, AZ 86323. Flyer HERE.Park and meet at the Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce, 175 E Road 2 South, Chino Valley, AZ 86323.Space is Limited. RSVP to Jeremiah Cota at Jeremiah.Cota@mail.house.gov.
· May 5 – 1-4 pm, San Tan Valley Office Hours. Gosar’s office, 270 E Hunt Highway, Suite 12, San Tan Valley. Flyer HERE
· May 12 – 9 am-noon. Prescott Office Hours, 9 am – noon. Rep. Gosar's Prescott Office, 122 N Cortez St, Suite 104, Prescott. Flyer HERE
· Diane Douglas, Candidate For Superintendent Of Public Instruction, schedule:
· April 16 – 6 pm, ASU College Republicans, Tempe Campus, BAC Building room 311
· April 17 – 7 pm, LD 25 at City of Mesa Utilities Building, 640 N. Mesa, Dr., Mesa
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter Schedule: email@example.com
· April 19 – 8:45 am, Ahwatukee Easter Parade/Spring Fling, Burger King parking lot, 4805 E Cathedral Rock Dr, Phoenix. Wear campaign T-shirt, sunscreen & hat. Carry water.
· April 15 – 10:30 am, Ironwood Library, 4333 E Chandler Blvd., Phx.
· April 16 – 10:30 am, Sunset Library, 4930 W Ray Road, Chandler.
· April 17 -10:30 am, Dobson Ranch Library, 2425 S Dobson, Mesa.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· The New Maricopa County Republican Committee Web Address Is: http://maricopa.arizonagop.us If there's something that you need and can't find, please contact Webmaster John Strasser at 480-273-8798.
· ATTN LD and Club Chairmen: Please check your announcements on the 4-13-14 calendars posted at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/ Copy deadline is Friday noon. Please send changes/updates/corrections to email@example.com so this calendar is current.
· See MCRC Calendar For Complete Listing: Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/ Left Hand Column (In Red) - Maricopa County And State Wide GOP Activity Listings
· April 15 – LD4 (with Estrella Republican Club)(3rd Tues) 6:30 pm social. 7 pm mtg. Starpointe in Estrella Mountain Ranch. Contact: LD4 Chairman Rhonda King Rhondaking08@Gmail.Com 623-640-3742 Cell
· April 15 – CHANDLER REPUBLICAN WOMEN, (3rd Tues) 6:30 pm social, 7 pm mtg in the Cooper Room (2nd flr), Chandler Public Library, 22 S Delaware St., Chandler, 8525.Downtown Chandler, 250 S. Arizona Ave., Chandler, Speaker: Attorney General candidates incumbent Tom Horne and Mark Brnovich. Contact: 2nd Vice-Chair Lisa Askey firstname.lastname@example.org 602-320-9291.
· April 16 – PALO VERDE REPUBLICAN WOMEN’S CLUB. (3rd Wed) registration 11 am, 11:30 am lunch. Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 E Thompson Peak Pkwy, Scottsdale. $25 per person. RSVP: Edith Stock, by email: email@example.com, or call her at 480-294-7092 (cell).
· April 17– LD16 (3rd Thur), 6:30 pm social, 7 pm mtg. Liberty Arts Academy, 3015 S. Power Rd., Mesa. Just south of Guadalupe on east side of Power Rd. In the Auditorium. Contact: Chr Jerry Clingman Cell 480-861-4958 Home 480-986-5236 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.ld16gop@us
· April 17 - LD24 (3rd Thru) 7 pm, AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Speaker: Gubernatrial candidate Scott Smith and Attorney General candidate Mark Brnovich. Contact: Chr LD24 Chr Brian Kaufman 480-442-2424 bkaufx@gmail,com
· How Barry-Goldwater-Changed-Arizona-Politics Op-Ed By Michael Rubinoff
· Parents Onto Common Core Oppose Implementation Gallup Reports 56% Of Parents In The Dark About Fed-Ed Scheme Affecting Their Own Children
· Concerned Veterans For America
· Sen. Jeff Flake: Stop IRS Abuse Of Free Speech: "Few qualities are more American than a zeal for fair play. That’s why, when reports emerged last spring that the Internal Revenue Service was targeting conservative groups applying for a certain tax-exempt status, fair-minded folks of all political stripes expressed outrage. Far from being a fringe conspiracy theory, the discovery of government-sanctioned bias against conservative organizations requesting 501(c)(4) status was reported by none other than the IRS’ own inspector general. (more) - AZGOP newsletter
· Congressman Ron Barber Proves Facts Are Not His Specialty: Everyone's heard the "urban legend" pushed out by the Obama Administration that for every 77 cents a woman earns, a man earns $1.00. Gender discrimination is a serious matter, so let's get the facts right. We've seen Ron Barber echoing absurdities, time after time. On Facebook here, and on Twitter here. And joining with the national Democrats here. But the so-called wage gap is not what he says it is. That's what happens when one becomes a puppet of lying leftists in Washington. Read this report and see how even top Democrats have become uncomfortable as they suddenly realize they don't have their own house in order. Warning: hypocrite alert. – AZGOP newsletter
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch
SECOND AMENDMENT/GUN RIGHTS
FIRST AMENDENT – FREE SPEECH
WAR ON WOMEN
FEDERAL LAND GRABS
BUNDY/BLM STAND OFF
· Why-Feds-Tucked-Tail-Nevada-Ranch At NV Ranch