- ► March (23)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ▼ April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
April 15, 2014
· Breitbart: Poll-64-Percent-Of-Arizona-Voters-Want-McCain-Gone-In-2016 McCain loses to Gov. Jan Brewer 47.7 percent to 29 percent and to Rep. Matt Salmon 48.2 percent to 30.3 percent.
· Lyle Rapacki, Attorney General Tom Horne And Former Graham County Sheriff Richard Mark (President of the Constitutional Sheriffs & Peach Officers Assocation (CSPOA) were interviewed on the Lisa Benson National Intelligence Report Radio Show 960AM Patriot Radio on Sunday, April 13. The theme was to be matters associated with State sovereignty. At the time of the radio program, Mack and Rapacki were in Bunkerville, NV at the Bundy Ranch where a very significant and dangerous conflict was unfolding by and between the Bureau of Land Management and citizens and elected officials from across the country – even as far as New Hampshire. Hear it here: audio/the_lisa_benson show
· LD16 Rep Kelly Townsend: A Statement That Brianna Bundy just sent me, to read tomorrow on the floor, regarding the false accusations that the men put the women out front to be shot first: As a woman rider on Saturday I can confirm that the statement made was untrue. In fact it was opposite. We were told to stay at the rear. If a shot were fired, we were to ride as fast as we could for safety. The women did not approach the gate until BLM had dispersed and Metro had arrive. These were officers of our community that we knew and trusted, otherwise we would have remained were the Bundy men told us to stay. The Bundy men are protectors and would not have allowed any harm to come to us. We were there on our own accord for the freedoms of our children. - Briana Bundy
· Rep. Bob Thorpe, R-Flagstaff, Reps. David Livingston, R-Peoria, Kelly Townsend, R-Mesa, and Sens. Judy Burges, R-Sun City West, and Kelli Ward, R-Lake Havasu City traveled to Mesquite, NV over the weekend to observe first-hand what was occurring at the Bundy Ranch. Thorpe is reportedly preparing legislation for consideration during the 2015 session regarding state sovereignty over federal law.
· Maricopa County Supervisor Clint Hickman had a very successful “Meet and Greet” breakfast at the home of Dr. Bob Branch in Waddell on Saturday. In attendance were school board members, deputy sheriffs, leaders in the coal industry, lawyers, dentist, teachers, and physicians. David and Becky Allen co-hosted the event.
CD3 Candidate 'Gabby' Saucedo Mercer is running against incumbent Dem Raul Grijalv in a CD that includes parts of Avondale, Buckeye, Gila Bend, Goodyear, and Tonopah. She could use some help gathering signatures and raising awareness. http://saucedomercer.com/
· AZRRT Results Of Recent Votes by Jose Borrajero Three Republicans Join Democrats to defeat HB2700.
· The National Republican Senatorial Committee Reports some of the recent projects funded in part or completely by your tax dollars.
· Studying Pig Manure: The EPA awarded a $141,450 grant to fund a study on swine manure.
· Wine in China: The USDA spent $415,000 to serve fine wines in China. So, this Administration is literally borrowing money from China to buy wine for people in China.
· Romance on the Web: The NEH spent $914,000 funding the Popular Romance Project to “explore the fascinating, often contradictory origins and influences of popular romance as told in novels.”
· Million Dollar Bus Stop: A new bus stop – yes, just one new bus stop – cost taxpayers over a million dollars to build. Here’s the kicker: It doesn’t even protect people from the rain.
· Healthcare.gov: Last on our list, but certainly not least, the Obama Administration spent $319 million to build Healthcare.gov and is expected to have spent at least twice that much on publicity for Obamacare.
You can't make this stuff up. The Obama Administration has helped expand the government to an unprecedented degree - and our children and grandchildren are on the hook for it. It's time to elect a Senate that will end the wasteful spending and bring accountability back to Washington.
· The San Tan Republican Club will meet at 6:30 pm, Thurs., April 17 at the Golf Club at Oasis, 5764 E Hunt Hwy, Florence. Contact: Paul Messinger 480-358-4046 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Western Pinal Republican Club will host CD1 candidates Gary Kiehne and Adam Kwasman at 6:30 pm, Wed., April 16 at Eva’s Mexican Food, 2033 N Pinal Ave., Casa Grande. Contact: Steve Miller email@example.com wprc-az
· In Response To Reports Of The Death Of Up To 40 Veterans At The Phoenix VA Hospital, the Arizona Chapter of Concerned Veterans is holding a rally in support of HR 4031 (Management Accountability Act) at 12:30 pm, Wed., April 16 at Steele Indian Park (In the ramadas in the northwest portion of the park) in Phoenix. Food and drink will be drinks will be provided free. Congressman David Schweikert will be attending. “Many commentators are calling for ‘heads to roll,’ however, current VA personnel policies make it nearly impossible to fire poorly-performing managers at the VA,” according to chapter issues and legislative campaign manager Dan Caldwell. RSVP to concernedveteransforamerica.org or contact Caldwell at  999-0888.
· Former Sen Thayer Verschoor is a grandpa for the fourth time. This time it’s a girl, his first grand daughter. Congrats, Grandpa.
· LD 18 Senate Candidate Tom Morrissey’s Float In 10 am, Sat., April 19 Ahwatukee Kiwanis Easter Parade will broadcast a recording of his last live performance as “The Ohio Express” band performing such hits as “Yummy, Yummy, Yummy” and “Chewy, Chewy. ” Morrissey is sponsoring a “Child Identification” service at his booth as part of the Spring Fling activities following the parade from 11 am to 4 pm at 48th St between Warner/Elliot Roads in Ahwatukee.
· The San Tan Republican Club Gubernatorial Forum is scheduled at 9:30 am, Sat., April 19 in Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch, 3855 N Sun City Blvd, Florence. . Contact: Paul Messinger 480-358-4046 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Annual Cochise County Republican Picnic is scheduled from 4pm until sunset, May 17 (Armed Forces Day) at 9185 Garber Drive, Hereford. Free admission. Pay Gunny for Gunny’s BBQ. Rub shoulders with friends, neighbors, candidates and elected officials. Pony rides available. Contact: Toni Arena, Vice-Chair Cochise County Republicans 520 366 0390 or 520 558 1145.
· A Reception For Scottsdale City Council Candidate Michael Auerbach, featuring Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, is scheduled for 6 pm, Wed., April 16 at the Capitol Grill, 16489 N. Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale. Minimum Donation $125 per person. RSVP to:
· LD17 Campaigners Bonnie DeGrenier, Phil Griffin, Tyler Boywer, Carol Clesceri
Angi Stamm, Sandi Bartlett. Marie Moak, Scott Otterson, John Repar, Terry Roe, Mike Tennant, Don & Rikki Langlois, Darrell Covert, Sam Huang, Judge Frankel, Andra Zahoran, kept the sidewalks warm in LD17 precincts last Saturday as they gathered petitions signatures for Congressman Matt Salmon.
· LD17 Precinct Committeeman will be out in force again Saturday, April 19 for their Matt Salmon Petition Gathering Day at The Family Easter Celebration between 9 am and noon at the Snediger Sports Complex, 4500 S. Alma School Rd, Chandler. Volunteers are asked to meet at the flagpole at 8:30 am. Bring: Clipboard, Candidate flyers, Petitions, Pen, Water, Hat & Sunscreen. Contact: Angi Stamm at 602 561 3817.
· Go To: http://recorder.maricopa.gov/web/precinctcommitteemen.aspx to print out your PC nomination paper and petition. Scroll to
Completed forms must be received by 5:00 PM on May 28, 2014 (postmarked does not count) at the Maricopa County Elections Dept, ATTN: Krist/Berta, 111 S. 3rd Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85003. Do not mail completed forms to the recorder’s office before April 28, 2014.
· A Reception For Scottsdale City Council Candidate Michael Auerbach Is Scheduled At 5 Pm, May 1, hosted by Perry & Wendy Herst And David Verwer, at the Herst residence, 10121 E Aster Dr., Scottsdale. live music by Benson Band, gourmet food, open bar. minimum contd\ribution $250 per person. (maximum $2,500 per person) RSVP: David Verwer At Dverwer@Ccim.Net Or 480-889-4555
· LD24 Will Meet At 7 Pm, April 17 featuring gubernatorial candidate Scott Smith, former Mesa Mayor, at AZGOP headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Contact: Chr Brian Kaufman 480-442-2424 email@example.com
· A Round Table And Reception For LD16 Senate Candidate Taylor McArthur, featuring Congressman Paul Gosar, DDS. will be hosted by Dr. Ajay Bhatnagar, MD, MBA & Dr. Rashmi Bhatnagar, DMD, MPH at the Bhatnagar residence, 273 W Malibu Drive, Chandler between 5:30-7 pm, April 17. 5:30 pm - Roundtable discussion. 6 pm - Reception. Roundtable/reception - $1,000 individual tickets. Individual tickets $250 (suggested). Business/Business Casual Attire RSVP:Tysen Schlink at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-789-9869.
· The Arizona Federation Of Republican Women are planning an April 17-19, 2015 trip to the Battleship USS Iowa and Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, CA. Details tba May 2014. AzFRW Communications Director Susan Kay Schultz 480-945-1490 or email@example.com
· The Pima County Republican Committee will have a booth in Thurber Hall at the Pima County Fair that opens at 1 pm, April 17. They need volunteers to help obtain petitions signatures for candidates, distribute literature and promote the GOP. RSVP to Linda White 520-321-1492 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a day or shift(s) at the Fair. Hours: M-F 1pm-close; Sat/Sun 10 am-close.
· Volunteers Needed For The Pima County Republican booth at the April 17-27 county fair. For scheduling call Linda White, Pima GOP AT (520) 321-1492 OR email@example.com
· Tidbits: LD15 Sen Nancy Barto is a second term Senate and a three term Representatives. Barto is the Chairman of the Health & Human Services Committee, has sponsored major health care reforms aimed at increasing affordable health insurance options, protecting patients’ fundamental privacy rights, the rights of women, and the unborn.
· Tidbits: LD15 Rep John Allen is a second term Representatives. He is the Vice-Chairman of the Insurance and Retirement Committee, has sponsored major legislation to protect Arizona citizens and supports the unborn and school choice.
Tidbits: Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs moved to Arizona 12 years ago, after leaving Congress to keep his term limits commitment. Riggs and his Tucson born wife Cathy, put two children through ASU while building the largest nonprofit organization in the country dedicated to helping public charter schools with their financing and facility needs (including Arizona charter schools serving 5,000 students). He also helped start and served as the founding board president of a statewide on-line charter school that provides an accredited curriculum to home schooling families. Contact: www.RiggsforAZgov.com480-437-1033 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walters: Millions of Americans are filing their tax returns today and sending their hard earned money to Washington. Wouldn't it be nice to know what your hard work was paying for? We still don't have a budget.Congresswoman Sinema supported the No Budget, No Pay Act which would restrict pay for Congress unless a budget was passed. Do you know how many budget proposals Kyrsten Sinema has supported this year? Zero.This double talk and political game playing must come to an end. For more about my vision for America and reducing our debt.see: Reducing the Debt
· Congressman David Schweikert: At no other time in our country's history has so much hung in the balance. In every community, town, city, county, state, right into Washington we have higher taxes, more spending, the erosion of core freedoms and, every time you look around, more and more promises with less money to pay for them. It is time to check the role of government. It is time to remind every big-spending politician that power in America is held by the people and not the other way around! Tax day exemplifies just how crazy Washington has gotten. The American people deserve better than pyramid schemes, smoke and mirrors, and card tricks.
· Yavapai County Republican Headquarters is looking information on who made the round Goldwater campaign pin that was distributed at the Sept 3, 1964 Sen Barry Goldwater for President campaign on the steps of the Prescott Courthouse. The button has a white background with red lettering reads: Prescott – Arizona Welcomes BARRY Sept 3, 1964. Contact: L.G. Mace YavGop Headquarters (928) 776-4500.
· Congressman Paul Gosar’s scheduled for this week:
· April 18 – 4 pm, San Tan Valley Small Business, The Daily Bread Bistro, 5618 East Skyline Drive, San Tan Valley. Click HERE flyer.
· April 19 – 2 pm, Gosar’s staff at Adopt A Highway Clean up,Highway 89 Mile Marker Post 326 to 327, Chino Valley, AZ 86323. Flyer HERE.Park and meet at the Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce, 175 E Road 2 South, Chino Valley, AZ 86323.Space is Limited. RSVP to Jeremiah Cota at Jeremiah.Cota@mail.house.gov.
· May 5 – 1-4 pm, San Tan Valley Office Hours. Gosar’s office, 270 E Hunt Highway, Suite 12, San Tan Valley. Flyer HERE
· May 12 – 9 am-noon. Prescott Office Hours, 9 am – noon. Rep. Gosar's Prescott Office, 122 N Cortez St, Suite 104, Prescott. Flyer HERE
· Diane Douglas, Candidate For Superintendent Of Public Instruction, schedule:
· April 16 – 6 pm, ASU College Republicans, Tempe Campus, BAC Building room 311
· April 17 – 7 pm, LD 25 at City of Mesa Utilities Building, 640 N. Mesa, Dr., Mesa
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· The New Maricopa County Republican Committee Web Address Is: http://maricopa.arizonagop.us If there's something that you need and can't find, please contact Webmaster John Strasser at 480-273-8798.
· ATTN LD and Club Chairmen: Please check your announcements on the 4-6-14 calendars posted at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/ Copy deadline is Friday noon. Please send changes/updates/corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org so this calendar is current.
· See MCRC Calendar For Complete Listing: Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/ Left Hand Column (In Red) - Maricopa County And State Wide GOP Activity Listings
· April 16 – PALO VERDE REPUBLICAN WOMEN’S CLUB. (3rd Wed) registration 11 am, 11:30 am lunch. Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 E Thompson Peak Pkwy, Scottsdale. $25 per person. RSVP: Edith Stock, by email: email@example.com, or call her at 480-294-7092 (cell).
· April 17– LD16 (3rd Thur), 6:30 pm social, 7 pm mtg. Liberty Arts Academy, 3015 S. Power Rd., Mesa. Just south of Guadalupe on east side of Power Rd. In the Auditorium. Contact: Chr Jerry Clingman Cell 480-861-4958 Home 480-986-5236 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.ld16gop@us
· April 17 - LD24 (3rd Thru) 7 pm, AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Speaker: Gubernatrial candidate Scott Smith and Attorney General candidate Mark Brnovich. Contact: Chr LD24 Chr Brian Kaufman 480-442-2424 bkaufx@gmail,com
· Citizens United Political Victory Fund Poll Voters Have Had It With Sen. John McCain.
· Sheriff Confirms Bundy Ranch Standoff Is Just Getting Started Sheriff Richard Mack
· At The Capitol: Watercooler: Rancher Standoff
· Arizona-Political-Insider: Arizona Legislative Sine Die May Be Looming
· AZ-Lawmakers-Pointlessly Charge-Bunkerville-Hill AZ Rep Editorial
· Jose Borrajero AZRRT Results Of Recent Votes
· Mexican-Soldiers-Draw-Guns-On-U-\S-Agents 2 Foreign Combatants
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch
SECOND AMENDMENT/GUN RIGHTS
· The Tale Of The Unfaithful (Political) Spouse Something To Think About When You Pull The Curtain Behind You In The Voting Booth For The Next Primary Or General Election
· Starting Holy Week With Murders Holy Week For Both Jews And Christians Is A Good One To Concentrate On The Values That They Both Teach And Uphold
Boko Haram Kidnaps 100 Teenage Girls To Use As Cooks And Sex Slaves…
WAR ON WOMEN
DEPT OF JUSTICE
FEDERAL LAND GRABS
· ‘Frame’ BLM’s Neil Kornze In A Poster Before BLM Returns To Bundy Ranch Desert Tortoise BLM used as an excuse to remove Bundy's cattle but the Harry Reid-sanctioned Western Solar Plan
BUNDY/BLM STAND OFF
· I Just Returned From Bunkerville If Their Goal Was Only To Protect Animals, The BLM Would Not Need To Carry Assault Rifles
· Bundy-Ranch-Protesters-Put-Women-Armed-Federal-Agents A Ploy, Actually Did Not Occur
· EPA To Regulate Cattle Exhaust, Farm Dust, Chicken Condos: Obama Promises Vigorous Prosecution Of Farmers And Livestock Alike
The EPA’s Science Problem: Startling Revelations About The Agency’s Misrepresentation Of Data
· EPA To Regulate Cattle Exhaust, Farm Dust, Chicken Condos: Obama Promises Vigorous Prosecution Of Farmers And Livestock Alike: