- ► March (26)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ▼ April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
April 24, 2014
· Governor Jan Brewer And The Governor’s Commission On Service And Volunteerism today announced the winners of the 2014 Governor’s Volunteer Service Awards. Established in 2002, the Volunteer Service Awards are held annually to honor Arizonans who have demonstrated outstanding service to their communities and fellow citizens over the past year. Each year, a statewide panel of judges evaluates nominees based on need, action, innovation and impact of their service. This year, eight recipients have been recognized with the award, considered the most prestigious of its kind in Arizona. They include:
· Lifetime Achievement Category - Robert Hollister (Sierra Vista)
· Adult Category - Wanda Moore (Tucson)
· National Service Category - Phyllis Bennett (Phoenix)
· Youth Category - Matthew Kaplan (Phoenix)
· Large Organization Category - Arizona 4-H (Tucson)
· Small Organization Category - Student United Way at ASU (Tempe)
· Nonprofit Category - United Methodist Outreach Ministries (UMOM) - Phoenix
· Youth Group Category - Youth Mentors for the Youth Empowered for Success Program (Tucson)
The winners will be honored on Friday, April 25 in Mesa at a luncheon hosted by the Governor’s Commission on Service and Volunteerism.
· John Strasser, Candidate For State Representative LD23, is happy to announce that his website (http://johnstrasser.us) is now active and on the web. Quoting Strasser, "Like any website there is a lot that will be added as time goes on. If you want to know what makes me tick, how I make decisions, and what kind of State Representative I would be, this should get you going. So feel free to browse, sign my petition, and (if you want to) donate to my campaign".
· Vernon Bagley, Executive Director, Military Families Foundation, Inc., Is Calling For Financial Help to continue transporting veterans to/from medical appointments. Bagley writes: This is another sign that there are real, life threatening issues at all VA Hospitals. Military Families Foundation, Inc. has been concentrating in recent weeks on transportation for Veterans to and from VA appointments who have been denied VA Transportation requirements, although they are being treated by the VA for issues such as cancer, severe mental health issue, and many other issues that are service connected injuries/illnesses. Military Families Foundation has provided transportation to our Veterans at the request of “case workers” from the VA who cannot obtain, VA assisted transportation for their patients. Please send Military Families Foundation, Inc. as much financial support as possible to continue to provide transportation to and from VA established medical appointment, who without our help, would have no other means to attend their life threatening opportunities for a better life. Please send your tax free donation to: Military Families Foundation, Inc., P.O. Box 12876, Scottsdale, AZ 85267. Check Memo: Transportation. -- Contact Bagley at 602-717-0687. See McCain & Flake Request Senate Cmte Investigation Of Phoenix Va
· LD15: Robert Meyers Was Elected First Vice Chairman and new by-laws were adopted at the April 22 meeting. Meyers replaces the late Jim DeVere. A Legislator Preference Vote was also taken via secret ballot. According to Secretary Jose Borrajero, the results are:
Nancy Barto 76 votes
David B. Smith 76 votes
John Allen 74 votes
Heather Carter 3 votes
Aaron Johnson 0 votes
Heather Casey 1 vote (she is no longer in the race)
LD15 meets at 6:30 pm, the 4th Tuesday of the month at the Deer Valley Airport Restaurant.
· Former LD Chairman Ray Spitzer: Hillary claims that one of her major qualifications for being President was that she "served" 8 years in the White House. I thought about that for a minute, and then thought, "Well, so did the pastry chef."
· Arizona Corporation Commission candidate Lucy Mason is planning a neighborhood walk in Scottsdale. Volunteers should call (928) 776-4500.
· Congressman Paul Gosar spoke with the ASU College Republicans last night.
· Yavapai County Voters Voters Can Go To The "New" Tab for "2014 Candidates" on the YavGop Website. Here for current information on candidates. Place mouse on photo of each candidate for information.
· LD13’s M&M Team, Rep Incumbents Darin Mitchell And Steve Montenegro, will be going door to door in Goodyear and Litchfield Park starting at Mitchell’s house at 8:30 am, Sat. April 26 for coffee and donuts. Walks between 9 am and noon. Volunteers should call call Sondra Duncan at 602-413-0301 or Linda Migliore at 760-803-9790. Sign forms electronically at https://www.azsos.gov/apps/eps/petition/VoterPetnAuth.aspx
· ‘The Transfer Of Public Lands, The Only Solution Big Enough’ Webinar conducted at 7 pm, this evening presenters Utah House Ken Ivory and Keven Stratton, and Sen Jennifer Fielder of Montana discussing the ‘Transfer of Public lands in the west, Getting the Federal Government to honor the promise.’ http://webinarjam.net/webinar/go/2295/1019400731
· Senators John McCain And Jeff Flake, Along With Congressman Paul Gosar, Paul Grijalva (D), and Paul Barber (D) participated in dedication of the of the John M. Roll U.S. Courthouse in yuma today. Yuma’s new courthouse is named in honor of the late Chief Judge John M. Roll, a strong advocate for the project, who was killed in the January 2011 attack on former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords (D) near Tucson.
Tempe Republican Women will conduct a gubernatorial candidates forum at 6:30, April 28 at the Pyle Recreation Center, 655 E Southern, Tempe. www.temperw.org
· Tom And Mary Platt Are Hosting Meet And Greet for Maricopa County Board of Supervisor District 4 candidate Clint Hickman, Supt of Public Education candidate Diane Douglas, and CD8 candidate Clair Van Steenwyk at 10 am, Sat., April 26 in the yard at 6929 W. Villa Chula, Glendale. Incumbent Phil Lovas will stopped by later. Bring folding/yard chairs. Sit in the driveway and chat. Contact: Tom (602) 615-8470 firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD17 PCs Are Needed For The Comstock Precinct Walk between 9 am and noon, Sat., April 26. Volunteers are to meet in the parking lot of the BBVA Compass Bank, NE corner of Alma School/Elliot. Partipants are asked to bring a Smart Phone, Ipad/Tablet & Charger (backup maps will be provided for those who do not have smart phones) Clipboard, Petitions, Pen, Water, Hat & Sunscreen . Contact LD17 Chairman Tyler Bowyer 480-239-0025 email@example.com
· LD25 Senate Candidate Ralph Heap And LD25 House Candidate Justin Olson will have a ‘meet and greet’ at 6:30 pm, Fri, April 25 at the Red Mountain Country Club, 6425 E Teton Circle, Mesa.
· CD9 Andrew Walters schedule: Volunteers RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
· April 25 – 5 pm, signature collecting at Chase Field, meet in front of the TGI Friday entrance. Bring campaign t-shirt, water, glove.
April 27 – 9 am, signature collecting at Crossroads Gun Show, 1826 W McDowell Road, Phx. Bring: campaign t-shirt, water, sunscreen, hat. Contact: email@example.com
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· A Signature Collection Event For Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Diane Douglas, sponsored by Arizona Coalition for Excellence in Education, is scheduled at 9:30 and again at noon, Sat., April 26 at 410 E. Mesa Vista Lane in Mesa (private home). Forms, fliers, lists, maps, and training will be provided to volunteer neighborhood walkers. Please bring water & sun protection. Contact/donate: Tracy Langston 480-529-1123 email@example.com.
· The Western Pinal Republican Has A New Website Www.Pinalwprc.Com . WPRC meets at 5:30 pm, the third Wednesday of the month at Eva’s Fine Mexican, Casa Grande. Contact: Teresa Ottesen Binder firstname.lastname@example.org or 602 397 2007
· Matt Papke for Tempe City Council is having a free volunteers appreciation breakfast at 8:30 am, Sat. April 26 at Mark’s Café, 6340 S Rural Road #120, Tempe, followed by a neighborhood walk. Contact: Jessica Merrow , Campaign Manager 480-306-2545.
· CD3 Coordinator Andrew Costanzo is determined to elect a Republican in CD3. He is asking volunteers to meet at 9 am, Sat., April 26 to work the Estrella Mountain Ranch neighborhood to collect nomination petition signatures and distribute campaign literature for CD3 candidate Gabriela Saucedo Mercer, LD4 Senate candidate Constance Uribe and LD4 House candidate Richard Hopkins . RSVP to Andrew Costanzo, email@example.com or 480 677-0697.
· Heritage Action is hosting a free skills clinic on Keeping Elected Officials Accountable from 2-4 pm, Sat., April 26 at the Glendale Public Library 5959 W Brown St
Glendale. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· An Afternoon Garden Party Reception In Support Of Congressman David Schweikert between 4-6 pm, Sat, April 26 at 2920 East Cloud Road, Cave Creek. The event is hosted by Dr. Dan and Kay Baxley, with co-hosts Dr. Kurt Budenbender, Bob & Barbara Hathorne, Chandler Peterson and Liz Van Valin. Special guests include Rep Michelle Ugenti, Cave Creek Mayor Vincent Francis, Cave Creek Council Reg Monachinao and Phoenix Vice-Mayor Jim Waring. $100 suggested donation. RSVP to: Allison Mary email@example.com or 480-628-2763.
· The Gila County Republican Committee Champagne Brunch is scheduled between 11 am and 2 pm, April 26 at the Payson Senor Center. Includes champagne, a buffet lunch and guest speakers. Payson Senior Center. Contact: Lolly 928-474-2334.
· LD8 Senate Candidate Irene Littleton, LD8 Senate Candidate schedule:
· April 26 – 10 am-6 pm, Oracle Parade & Oak Festival, Oracle.
· April29 – Superior Rotary Club
· The Sun City Grand Republican Interest Group is hosting a Governor Candidate Forum at 9 am, April 26 at 19781 N. Remington Dr., Chaparral Center – Hopi Room. Open to all Sun City Grand residents and guests, elected officials and candidates. Contact: Contact: Ginny Nyre, President firstname.lastname@example.org (623-544-7187) or Ruth Seiter, Vice President Programs email@example.com (623-544-9309) or visit our webpage at www.grandgop.com
· The Andrew Walter For Congress volunteers are forming a team for this year’s Pat’s Run – a 4.2 miles run scheduled at 6:05 am, April 26. Registration before March 31 is $42. To register: this link to be directed to the registration page. Walter for Congress t-shirts will be provided. Contact: Ben Stewart at Ben@AndrewWalter2014.com
· Senators John McCain And Jeff Flake will participate in the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry's Update From Capitol Hill Luncheon at 11:30 am, Fri, April 25 at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel, 340 North 3rd St., Phx.
· Dinah Lundell Is Hosting A Breakfast & Meet & Greet for Supt of Public Instruction candidate Diane Douglas between 8-9 am, Sat., April 26 at 625 N. MacDonald, Mesa, 85201 (Cross-streets: Country Club & University). RSVP to 480.251.5093.
· The Iranian-American Community Of Arizona And co-sponsor Peoria City Councilman Tony Rivero will conduct a 3:30 pm, April 25 symposium on “Countering Iran’s Nuclear, Terrorist Threats” featuring former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel Grand Ballroom AB, 340 North 3rd Street, Phoenix. Other speakers include General George Casey (ret), 36th Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army; former Commanding General, Multi-National Force – Iraq and Linda Chavez, former White House Director of Public Liaison. Free admission. Free self-parking for the event at the Sheraton Hotel.RSVP required to : firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 304-4451 www.iacaz.org
· District 1 Community Breakfast with Councilwoman Thelda Williams is scheduled at 7:30 am, Fri., April 25 at the Deer Valley Airport Restaurant, 702 W Deer Valley Road, Phx. Breakfast available for $4.99, not including tax or gratuity. District 1 provides your drink.
A Gubernatorial Candidates Forum is scheduled from 6-8 pm, Fri., April 25 at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort Phoenix. 5:30-7pm – reception. 7-8 pm forum. Admission $75 General and $50 for Partner Organizations. Includes reception with hors d’oeuvres, wine and meet/greet. Participating candidates Kent Bennett, Doug Ducey, Scott Smith, Christine Jones, Al Melvin, John Molina, and Frank Riggs. Moderated by Fox 10 Troy Hayden. RSVP: www.arizonaconsularcorps.org
The Tucson Republican Women’s Club’s 12th Biennila TRW-PAC Candidates Luncheon is scheduled Mon., April 28 at the Viscount Suite Hotel, 4855 E Broadway, Tucson featuring CD2 and CD4 candidates, along with gubernatorial candidates Ken Bennett, Doug Ducey, Al Melvin, John Molina, Frank Riggs, Scott Smith, Shelley Kais, Chuck Wooten, Miguel Olivas. CD2 candidate Martha McSally is sending representatives for the meet and greet. 11 am – social, program noon. Each candidate will be given 5-7 minutes, followed by a 15 minute Q&A session and then 2 minutes for each candidate to summarize their positions. Admission $40 per person. $75 per couple and $30 for active regular TRW members. Checks payable to TRW-PAC and mail to TRW, Po Box 16185, Tucson, Az 85732. Contact: Maureen Leith 520-760-5051 or email@example.com
· Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs, an Arizona small business owner and former U.S. Congressman, points out that Democrats in Congress claim the Congressional Republicans' budget proposal (the "Ryan Budget") will harm Medicaid recipients, yet they have no qualms about raiding Medicare to fund Obamacare. "The Ryan Budget is a serious and responsible proposal to balance the federal budget over the next decade," said Riggs. "Democrats not only make no pretense of balancing the budget or curbing the deficits that have given us a $17.6 trillion national debt, they have placed a huge burden for funding Obamacare squarely on the backs of seniors." Riggs has expressed concerns that Obamacare will funnel $200 billion out of Medicare Advantage and into Obamacare over the next decade. Enrollment in Medicare Advantage has more than doubled over the past eight years and over 15 million seniors, more than a quarter of all Medicare beneficiaries, now participate in the program. "Medicare Advantage is essentially a voucher program for seniors, giving them control over their healthcare. Democrats detest vouchers because vouchers empower the consumer, whether they be Medicare participants or parents exercising their fundamental rights to choose the best education for their children," Riggs said. Altogether, over the next decade, about $1 trillion that otherwise would have been spent on Medicare will be have to be rerouted to fund Obamacare subsidies. "As a member of Congress, I fought to reform and strengthen Medicare. I'm the only candidate for governor with a proven record of protecting Medicare. It should remain a retirement health insurance program and shouldn't be raided to pay for Obamacare, including the expansion of Medicaid in Arizona. Arizonans and all Americans want choice and freedom, not mandates, when it comes to their health care," Riggs concluded.
· CD9 candidate Wendy Rogers: a retired USAF Lieutenant Colonel, expressed her outrage today at the allegations that a secret waiting list was implemented at the Phoenix VA hospital to cover up patients who were being forced to wait months for treatment. “This is absolutely inexcusable. The individuals treated at VA hospitals gave so much to our nation, fighting for our freedoms. For them to be put on a secret list of individuals to be denied care – costing the lives of 40 former servicemen and women – all so some hospital bureaucrats can cover up inefficiency is absolutely criminal,” said Rogers. “This situation must be investigated, and those responsible must be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. Moreover, we must ensure that policies like this are never allowed to put our veterans in danger again.”
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally is leading Democrat incumbent Ron Barber 45 to 42 in a new poll conducted in CD2 - the latest sign that Barber is in trouble. Barber's reelection now sits at a very weak 36% "earned another term" to 51% "give someone else a chance." For the first time, more voters in the district prefer a Republican to a Democrat, according to McSally’s campaign camp. President Obama's image also continues to slide. Now 53% of voters in the district have an unfavorable view of the president, and that's dragging down Barber, with 85% of voters who disapprove of Barber also disapproving of President Obama. "Now we know why Nancy Pelosi is dumping hundreds of thousands of dollars into our community to attempt to rescue her friend Ron Barber - he's in big trouble and voters are ready for a fresh start," said Mcsally Spokeswoman Kristen Douglas. "The numbers speak for themselves: the more southern Arizonans know Ron Barber, the less they want him to represent them." Poll Memo April 2014.pdf firstname.lastname@example.org (520) 488-4610 www.McSallyForCongress.com
· Senators John McCain and Jeff Flake: “We appreciate the commitment made today by Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee Chairman Bernie Sanders to hold a committee hearing on recent reports of gross mismanagement and neglect at the Phoenix VA Health Care Center (PVAHCS) following completion of the VA Office of Inspector General's investigation. As deeply disturbing allegations continue to surface regarding patient care at PVAHCS, including reports that the deaths of forty veterans may be related to delays in care, Congress must fulfill its responsibilities to get to the truth without delay. Our nation has a duty to provide the best quality of care to those who have served and sacrificed on our behalf, and we must hold accountable anyone who would break that solemn obligation.”
· CD9 Candidate Wendy Rogers, retired USAF Lt Col: “News about the tragedy with the Phoenix VA Hospital’s ‘secret waiting list’ for patients has spread across the world, yet where was Democrat Congresswoman Kyrsten Sinema? She was in Tucson, telling people she’s got it covered because of a two-week-old press release,” said Wendy Rogers. “If I were the Congresswoman for the 9th District, I would be banging down the door at the Phoenix VA until I got answers to make sure those responsible were being held accountable. 40 servicemen and women lost their lives because they were being forced to wait, unacknowledged, for necessary medical care. This is nothing short of criminal.” Rogers is a 5th-generation career U.S. military officer, was one of the Air Force’s first 100 women pilots, and has made defending our veterans’ access to healthcare, education, and jobs one of her top priorities.
· Diane Douglas, Candidate For Superintendent Of Public Instruction, schedule:
· April 26 – 8 am, Meet and Greet at the home of Dinah Lundell, 625 N. Macdonald Mesa/
· April 26 -10 am. Meet and Greet at the home of Tom and Mary Platt, 6929 W. Villa Chula, Glendale,
· Glock 17 Gen 4 Package Gun Raffle Tickets are on sale at the YCRC Prescott Office and through Executive Committee Members at club meetings. $10 each. The package includes: A Glock 17 Semi-Automatic Pistol (9mm, 4 1/2" barrel, 17+1 Capacity), 3 magazines, Form fitted custom leather holster with Magazine holder provided by Simply Rugged Holsters in Prescott, AZ., and FFL transfer will be handled by Guns N Gear in Chino Valley, AZ. The Drawing will be held when all 300 tickets are sold. The Winner must be eligible to own and possess a firearm in Arizona. Information: (928) 776-4500.
· Constitution Attorney Shane Krauser Will Debate CD4 Democrat candidate Mikel Weisser on religion, the First and Second Amendments at 7 pm, May 6 at Poston Butte High School, 32375 N Gantzel Rd., San Tan. Directions: here. Free - Donations Accepted
· A Happy Hour Reception Sponsored By Prescott Republicans is being held for Mark Brnovich from 5-7 pm, Thurs, May 8, at the Jersey Lilly Saloon, 116 S. Montezuma St., Prescott, AZ. Suggested contribution:$50 per person.
· Step By Step Process For Signing Candidate Nominating Petitions & Making $5 Contributions Online Via SOS Office – Complied by Jim O’Connor 602-538-9387 cell email@example.com
· Visit AZ Secretary of State Web Site: http://www.azsos.gov
· From menu on the left, Click on ELECTIONS.
· From menu click on UPCOMING ELECTIONS,
· Scroll down to: E-Qualify (Sign a Nominating Petition and/or Give a $5 Qualifying Contribution).
· On the bottom of that page, you may either click on the tab to Sign a Candidate Nominating Petition, or on the tab to Contribute a $5 dollar Qualifying Contribution, in sequence.
· You will then be REQUIRED to fill in your Drivers License Number, Date of Birth, First & Last Name. Complete by clicking the SUBMIT tab.
· You will then be asked to CONFIRM your address.Click YES or NO (if incorrect).
· The same process is required for making a Qualifying Contribution to Clean Election Candidates.
· Then scroll down to your candidates name, CLICK ON IT, ENTER your Email Address & CONFIRM IT.
· Next, CLICK ON the “Submit $5 Contribution Tab at the bottom of the page. Be Aware that Pay Pal charges a .47 cents transaction fee for each contribution you chose to make.
· A Concerned Citizens for American Candidates Roundtable is planned at 6:30 pm, May 1 at Canyon Trails Cowboy Church, 3132 White Bear Road, Sedona, featuring candidates for: Superintendent Of Public Education - Diane Douglas , Secretary Of State - Michele Reagan And Justin Pierce, State treasurer – Randy Pullen and Hugh Hallman, Arizona Corporation - Doug Little And Tom Forese, and CD1 Adam Kwasman and Gary Kiehne. AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham will also participate. Register Now!
· Editor’s Note: Please Place Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/ In Your Browser or in your ‘Favorites list’ so you can click on it to read the Briefs while our message service is not working properly.
· See MCRC Calendar For Complete Listing: Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/ Left Hand Column (In Red) - Maricopa County And State Wide GOP Activity Listings
· April 26 – SUN CITY GRAND REPUBLICAN INTEREST GROUP GOVERNOR CANDIDATE ROUND TABLE. (4th Sat) 9 am, 19781 N. Remington Dr., Chaparral Center - Hopi Room. Open to all Sun City Grand residents and guests, elected officials and candidates. Contact: Ginny Nyre, President firstname.lastname@example.org (623-544-7187) or Ruth Seiter, Vice President Programs email@example.com (623-544-9309) or www.grandgop.com
· The-HHS-Mandate-Its-All-Or-Nothing Joanne Moudy
· Rand-Paul-And-Other-Republican-Leaders-Back-Away-From-Bundy See E-Mail From Arizona State Sen. Kelli Ward To Washinton Post: Ward — Who Spoke At A Bundy Rally In Nevada This Month
· 'Rue The Day' Dems Will Regret They Stood By While Obama Flouted The Law.
· What You Won't Read In The Papers About The 'Central Park Five' Liberals Are Opposed To Rape In The Abstract, But When It Comes To Actual Rapists, They're All For Them.
· Harry Reid Becomes A Republican Campaign Fixture GOP Tries To Turn Democrats' Senate Leader Into Political Foil, In Shift Away From Health Law
· Perry Defends Jeb Bush On Immigration, Blames US For Permissive 'Come On Over' Policies 'I Totally Understand About People Breaking A Law To Take Care Of Their Family'
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch
SECOND AMENDMENT/GUN RIGHTS
· Arizona-Governor-Unexpectedly-Vetoes-Two-Pro-Gun-Bills-Video “I am a strong proponent of the Second Amendment and I have signed into law numerous pieces of legislation to advance and protect gun rights,’’ Brewer said in her veto letter of HB 2339, the concealed carry enhancement legislation. “However, I cannot support this measure in its proposed form.’’ The Republican governor cited unforeseen and un-budgeted expenses that would be placed on local city and county governments to provide guards on doors of government buildings as her reason to scrap the bill.
HARRY REID SCANDALS
FEDERAL LANDS GRABS
BUNDY/BLM STAND OFF
· Clive-Bundy: The-Spanish-Immigrants Bundy Has A Surprisingly Nice Take On Undocumented Immigrants
· Rand-Paul-And-Other-Republican-Leaders-Back-Away-From-Bundy See E-Mail From AZ State Sen. Kelli Ward To Washington Post: Ward - Spoke At A Bundy Rally In Nevada
Editor’s Note: See April 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23 Briefs for additional stories.
· Army Commander Involved In Capture Of Saddam Hussein Now Running For Congress Lt Col. Steve Russell Is Running For U.S. House Seat… Wrote The Book, ‘We Got Him! A Memoir Of The Hunt And Capture Of Saddam Hussein’
The Left's Secret Club
· Clarke: Social-Liberalism-The-New-Racism Liberal Policies Destroyed Black Family
· Mystery-Man-Requested-IRS-Prosecute-Conservatives Scandal Bombshell Points To Higher-Ups In Obama Administration
· IRS-Gives-Free-Pass-To-Famous-Obama-Leftist-Group But Strips Tax-Exempt Status From Small Conservative Nonprofit
· “The Sad News This Morning That Three U.S. Doctors Were Killed In Afghanistan brings the number of Americans killed so far this month to five. In all, more than 2,300 Americans have given their lives in Afghanistan since the beginning of the war in 2001. There is now a growing chorus of Republicans and Democrats who say that if the U.S. is going to draw down to fewer than 10,000 troops in the country, then it would be better for all American forces to come home. Today's attack, like many before, involved an Afghan soldier in uniform – or someone pretending to be an Afghan solider – opening fire. Administration critics point out that President Obama hardly ever talks about Afghanistan and, frankly, as polls show, people have forgotten why we're there. As the November midterm elections approach, be on the lookout for more calls from both parties to bring everyone home.” – Bret Baier
· Army commander involved in capture of Saddam Hussein now running for Congress Lt Col. Steve Russell is running for U.S. House seat…wrote the book ‘We Got Him! A Memoir of the Hunt and Capture of Saddam Hussein’
· Enduring-Guilt Pat Tillman Survivors 10 Years Later
· Lt-Col-Peters: Obama-A-Fool Lt. Col. Peters Blasts White House Ukraine Policy
· “Women Have To Support Other Women” Boston Globe:
WAR ON WOMEN
DEPT OF JUSTICE/HOLDER
· Senate-Probe-Ex-Dhs-Watchdog-Altered-Reports-As-Favor-To-Senior-Officials Ex-Dhs Watchdog Placed On Leave
· Senate-Probe-Ex-DHS-Watchdog-Altered-Reports-As-Favor-To-Senior-Officials Ex-Dhs Watchdog Placed On Leave
SECRETARY OF STATE
· Obama-Hires-Top-Criminal-Defense-Attorney Before Flying Off To Asia