- ► May (23)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ▼ April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
April 28, 2014
· Condolences To The Family Of Former House Speaker Stan Turley.
· Congressman Matt Salmon: “Nancy and I send our heartfelt condolences to the family of former Arizona Speaker of the House and Senate President Stan Turley. Stan was a true legend in Arizona politics. His devotion and commitment to bettering our state was second to none. I am grateful to have known him and thankful for his service not only to the East Valley, but to our entire state. His presence will be sorely missed, and my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends at this time.”
· Herstams Crystal Ball Check out former legislator Chris Herstram at 2:15 in this segment as he predicts that Maricopa County Republican Chairman A J LaFaro will take on AZGOP Robert Graham for chairmanship of the state party in January. Herstam also notes that Sen John McCain is heading up a precinct committeeman recruitment movement for more moderate PCs. The normally astute Herstam didn’t mention reports that Graham has his eye on the National Republican Committee chairmanship as he has traveled all over the country the past year. Move over NRC Chairman Reince Priebus, Graham is building his portfolio at a fast and furious pace.
· And Speaking Of Herstam, newcomers to the GOP probably don’t know that Herstam was the party’s popular, articulate, common sense Representative for old LD24 in north Phoenix in the 80s. He is frequently among the guests on Brahm Resnik’s political Sunday Square-Offs.
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter Submitted Over 2100 Signatures to the secretary of State’s office this morning – over three times the amount needed to qualify in 2012. Andrew said, “This is an exciting next step toward victory in August and November. I am blessed to have the support of so many great volunteers that donated their time to walk with me to meet Arizonans. These signatures represent over 2,000 hardworking Arizonans who are tired of politics as usual, broken promises and failed legislation, like Obamacare. I’m very excited to qualify for the ballot, but my team and I will continue to walk neighborhoods and meet Arizonans all across the 9th district in hopes of earning people's trust and support.” Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The May 1 Maricopa County Republican Committee’s Executive Guidance Committee (MCRC EGC) Has Been Cancelled by Chairman A J LaFaro. “This will give everyone a short breather to focus on the various activities that are going on in your respective LDs and CDs - continue collecting candidate petition signatures, Target Team activities, registering voters, GOTV efforts, special elections etc.” MCRC EGC will resuming meeting on June 5, at which time each LD chairman will be given three to four minutes to update the EGC on what their LD is doing in preparation for the August primary and November general elections. MCRC bylaws require the EGC meet 10 times during even numbered years. Contact LaFaro email@example.com
· Incumbent Attorney General Tom Horne will discuss constitutional issues and state sovereignty with the Deer Valley Airport Tea Party, and the Glendale and Anthem Tea Parties, at 6:30 pm, Fri., May 2. Horne will share his victories on behalf of Arizona citizens at the Supreme Court of the United States, as well as in Federal Court including the most liberal 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. Dr. Lyle Rapacki, also scheduled to speak at the meeting, has been enlisted to moderate the evening the groups. The following Fri, Rapacki will give a briefing on the assault on sovereignty to the group.
· Volunteers Are Needed By The Mingus Mountain And Verde Valley Republican Clubs to man the information table at the April 30-May 4 Verde Valley Fair, Cottonwood. Contact: Bob O'Connell at (928) 301-4868 or Bob Malloy at (928) 202-2764.
· CD Candidate Andrew Walter’s Volunteers are invited to his campaign headquarters, 1243 E Broadway Rd #105, Tempe, at 6:30 pm, Wed., April 30 to go over future strategy party. Food and beverages to be served. RSVP: clicking here
· LD24 House Candidate Lei Lani Cortez will celebrate turning in her petition signatures to the Secretary of State office at 1 pm, April 30 at Juan’s Authentic Mexican Food, 1516 E Thomas Road, Phoenix. “I’m looking forward to discussing the critical issues with the voters in LD-24,” she commented. Contact: (602) 418-1917 Cortezld24@cox.net
· Meet LD24 House Candidate Lei Lani Cortez: Born and raised in Phoenix, she shares a rich family heritage with Arizona. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Management and a Maser in Education. She is also a certified Level III Educational Child Advocate and provides pro-bono services to families with children with disabilities. She and her husband have three grown children. He is also a native Arizonan, and traveled across the southwest in a covered wagon with his family and grandfather, who was a powder man for the mines. (602) 418-1917 Cortezld24@cox.net http://www.votecortez.com
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· CD1 Candidate Adam Kwasman: The problem in Washington is that the politicians in charge spend more time doing favors for their friends than looking out for the American people - and it happens in both parties.The Democrats do favors for the unions and the radical environmentalists, and sadly, too many Republicans procure special tax benefits and carve-outs for their well-connected corporate sponsors. This corporate welfare even happens in Arizona. I opposed welfare and taxpayer-giveaways to corporations and recently stood firm on the issue. Here is a short video of my speech opposing corporate giveaways.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Christine Jones will speak at 6:30 pm, April 29 at the New Life Community Church of the Nazarene in Show Low.
· A LD23 House Candidate Jay Lawrence’ meet and greet’ is scheduled at 6 pm, Thurs, May 1 at Phil's Filling station, Fountain Hills. Contact: Jay Lawrence email@example.com
· The Fundraiser For Maricopa City Council Candidate Marty Hermanson is scheduled at 630 pm, May 3 by host Alan Marchione (former city councilman, at 43220 W Palmen,
Dr – Villages.
· Wickenburg/Morristown Republicans Are Hosting A ‘Meet And Greet’ for Republican candidates from 2:30-4:30 pm, Sat., May 3 at the Chaparral Ice Cream Shop, 45 N. Tegner, Wickenburg. Congressman Paul Gosar, LD13 Senator Don Shooter and LD13 Rep Darin Mitchell have confirmed attendance. LD13 Rep Steve Montenegro and Supt of Public Education candidate Diane Douglas have also been invited. $5 admission includes coffee or ice tea. The first 30 will get free apple crisp ala mode. Contact: Ernie McCollum firstname.lastname@example.org
Fast & Furious ATF Agent And Whistleblower John Dodson will address the 6:30 pm, May 1, Remember 1986 dinner. (dinner at 5 pm) at Coco’s Paradise Valley Mall, 4568 E Cactus Rd, Phoenix. Dodson will present ‘The Unarmed Truth: My Fight to Blow the Whistle and Expose Fast and Furious’. RSVP required to email@example.com Contact: Barb Heller firstname.lastname@example.org
A Reception For Scottsdale City Council Candidate Michael Auerbach is scheduled at 5 pm, May 1, hosted by Perry & Wendy Herst And David Verwer, at the Herst residence, 10121 E Aster Dr., Scottsdale. Live music by Benson Band, gourmet food, open bar. Minimum contd\ribution $250 per person. (maximum $2,500 per person) RSVP: David Verwer At Dverwer@Ccim.Net Or 480-889-4555
· The Western Pinal Republican Has A New Website Www.Pinalwprc.Com . WPRC meets at 5:30 pm, the third Wednesday of the month at Eva’s Fine Mexican, Casa Grande. Contact: Teresa Ottesen Binder email@example.com or 602 397 2007.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Christine Jones will appear between 6-7 pm, May 1 at Tiny’s Family Restaurant. RSVP/Details: arizonafreedomalliance.ning.com/events/event/show
· Concerned Citizens For American Will Host A Candidate’s Round Table discussion featuring Secretary of State candidates Justine Pierce and Michele Reagan, State Treasurer candidates Randy Pullen and Hugh Hallman, Arizona Corporation Commission candidates Doug Little and Tom Forese, CD1 candidates Adam Kwasman and Gary Kiehne, and Supt of Public Instruction candidate Diane Douglas at 6:30 pm, May 1 at the Canyon Trails Cowboy Church, 3132 White Bear Road, Sedona. Concerned Citizens for American is compiled of the former Cottonwood, Sedona and Verde River Patriots Tea Parties.
· The Loss Of 40 Arizona Vets Allegations against Phoenix Veterans Hospital was the topic of discussion by veterans Martin Sepulveda and Terry Rapp at this evening’s Arizona Project meeting in Phoenix. Rapp also addressed “With Unalienable Rights Comes Unalienable Responsibilities.” Contact: Ron Ludder 602-677-1496
· The Gila County Republican Committee Has Only 200 Tickets To Sell For Its Cash Raffle. First prize is $2,000, 2nd prize is $1,000 and 3rd prize is $500. Winners will be drawn over the Memorial Day weekend. Contact: GCRC Chairman Gary Morris 602-803-7366.
· Yavapai County Republican Headquarters is looking information on who made the round Goldwater campaign pin that was distributed at the Sept 3, 1964 Sen Barry Goldwater for President campaign on the steps of the Prescott Courthouse. The button has a white background with red lettering reads: Prescott – Arizona Welcomes BARRY Sept 3, 1964. Contact: L.G. Mace YavGop Headquarters (928) 776-4500.
· LD23 House Candidate Chuck Schmidt is hosting a family BBQ at 5 pm, May 10 at the Twisted Tree Farm Training Stables, 8020 E Via Dona Road, Scottsdale. Special musical guests Jessi Colter and Christopher Robin will be performing. Colter is a country music star known for her crossover hit "I'm not Lisa" and her platinum work on "The Outlaws" album. Robin is a bluegrass artist who has played with everyone from Clint Black to BB King.Tickets - $50 per person and kids are free. RSVP Tysen Schlink: firstname.lastname@example.org 480-789-9869 Kevin Neal: email@example.com
· The Arizona Republican Party’s Annual Legislative Salute featuring Sen Jon Kyl is scheduled May 2 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N Scottsdale Rd. Reception at 5:30. Dinner at 7 pm. Sponsorships: $50,000 for Inaugural Recognition of AZGOP Lifetime Achievement Award. $25,000 Chairman’s Table. $10,000 Platinum Table. $5,000 Gold Table. Individual tickets optional. RSVP: Michelle Hyde 602-633-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennifer Bontrager 602-957-7770 email@example.com
· A Petition Gathering Rally is scheduled 8:30 am, May 3 at 289 E Sage Brush St., Gilbert ., for Republican candidates Ron Bellus, Eddie Cook, Jordan Ray, Mark Brnovich, Victor Petersen and Warren Petersen. Contact: Jared Taylor 380-734-7973
· Author And TV Commentator Charles Krauthhammer Will Address The Center For Arizona Policy’s May 3 Dinner. RSPV Reserve Your Spot.
· LD23 Will Hold Its Annual Breakfast at 8:30 am, May 3 at Gainey Ranch Golf Club. National Speakers Dr. Barry Asmus (USA Today calls Asmus on of the five beset speakers in the country), Congressman David Schweikert and other politicians.$30 per person. CONTACT -SHIRLEY - firstname.lastname@example.org 480-251-7031 mobile.
· Tickets Now Available For The May 3rd 2014 CAP Family Dinner With Dr. Charles Krauthammer And Cathi Herrod At The Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel, 340 N 3rd St, Phoenix. Sponsorships Start At $500. Tickets For $300 Each. Tickets: Azpolicy.Org/Familydinner Or 602.424.2525.
· The Sun City West Republican Club will meet at 8 am, Sat. May 3 for coffee/donuts at 8 am and 8:30 mtg in the Quail Room of the SCW Foundations Buildings, 14465 R H Johnson Blvd, Sun City West. Speaker: Elbert “Bick” Bicknell will discuss his position on the Maricopa County Special Health Care District. Bicknell is a former two-term New Hampshire representative and enjoyed a long career in law enforcement after graduating from both the New Hampshire and Vermont Police Academies. He is a veteran of the 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg, NC. $2 admission to cover expenses. Non-members should call 602-421-8877, so they know how many donuts to order.
· The Pima County Republican Party Is Hosting A Spring Volunteer Fair between 10 am-2 pm, Sat., May 3 at Udall Park, Ramada 3, 7200 E. Tanque Verde Rd. ( SE corner of Tanque Verde and Sabino Canyon), Tucson. Contact: Contact Pima GOP Headquarters: (520) 321-1492 or email@example.com
· The May 3 LD23 Annual Breakfast Is Already Sold out to capacity. No more reservation requests can be accepted. The 8:30 am event features national speaker Barry Asmus and Congressman David Schweiker t. Legislative reports. Contact: Shirley Cordasco 480-251-7031 firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Mark Brnovich, Candidate For Attorney General: Since day one of this campaign, I’ve stated that when I am elected Attorney General, one of my top priorities will be to work to protect those in our society who cannot protect themselves. Whether they are the unborn, children, seniors, or our veterans we have a moral obligation as a society to protect the vulnerable. I am running against both a Republican incumbent who has sided with pro-choice forces and against a Democrat who is supported and well-funded by groups like Planned Parenthood. The liberal Democrats know that if they can gain control of the Attorney General’s Office they can selectively enforce laws including deconstructing laws that strengthen or protect the rights of the unborn. I promise you I will do everything in my power to protect our laws, fight back against federal overreach when they challenge our laws, and I will respect the sanctity of life at every stage.
· CD1 Candidate Adam Kwasman Schedule:
· May 1 – 6:30 pm, Concerned Citizens for American, Canyon Trails Cowboy Church, 3132 White Bear Rd Sedona, AZ 86336. Contact: Dwight Kadar 281-610-0725 or email@example.com.
· May 4 – 1 pm, Meet & Greet, PJ's Village Pub & Sports Lounge, 40 West Cortez, Village of Oak Creek, Sedona, AZ 86351 Contact: Dwight Kadar 281-610-0725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· May 4 – 4 pm, Hoppy Grape Lounge, 2575 Arizona SR89A, West Sedona, AZ 86336. Contact: Dwight Kadar 281-610-0725, email@example.com.
· May 5 – 6:30 pm, Meet & Greet, Native New Yorker, 21164 N. John Wayne Pkwy, Maricopa, AZ 85239. Contact: Bret Roberts 480-305-3770.
· May 8 – 4:30 pm, Meet & Greet, La Quinta Inn, 2015 S. Beulah Blvd, Flagstaff, AZ. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
· May 9 – 1 pm, Meet & Greet, 37004 S Ridgecrest Ct, SaddleBrooke, AZ. Contact email@example.com.
· May 9 – 6 pm, Meet & Greet, 9960 Laurelwood Dr, Oro Valley 85737. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
· Editor’s Note: Please Place Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/ In Your Browser or in your ‘Favorites list’ so you can click on it to read the Briefs is you don’t have our latest posting notice handy.
· See MCRC Calendar For Complete Listing: Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/ Left Hand Column (In Red) - Maricopa County And State Wide GOP Activity Listings
- April 29 – GOP IN THE HILLS SOCIAL (Fountain Hills Republicans) (last Tues) 7 pm, Phil’s Filing Station located at 16852 East Parkview Avenue, Fountain Hills, 85268. Contact: Pres Tait D. Elkie (480) 766-1231 Tait@Elkielaw.com or SecNancy Ordowski email@example.com
- April 30, May 7, 14, 21, 28 – “Legal-Ease With Dennis Wilenchik” - Republican political talk show, (every Wed) 4 pm. KFNX 1100. legaleseonline
- May 1 – CANCELLED MARICOPA COUNTY REPUBLICAN COMMITTEE EGC (1st Thurs) 7 pm, AZGOP HQ. 3501 N. 24th St., Phx. Open to registered Republicans only. Identification required for sign in. Contact: Chairman AJ LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 1- CENTRAL REPUBLICAN WOMEN OF PHOENIX GUBERNATORIAL CANDIDATE FORUM (CRWOP) (1st Thur)- (Former Cactus Wren/Central Republican Women's Clubs) 6 pm dinner, followed by forum, Hilton Garden Inn, 4000 N. Central. $22 each. Confirmed candidates: Secretary of State Ken Bennett, State Treasurer Doug Ducey, Senator Al Melvin, and Former Congressman Frank Riggs. RSVP/reservations to Tina Shaw at email@example.com Contact: 602-276-3959 or firstname.lastname@example.org RSVP CRWreservations@qwestoffice.net or call Tina Shaw 623 934-9730 by March 31.
- May 3 - SUN CITY WEST REPUBLICAN CLUB (1st Sat) 8 am coffee/donuts in the Quail Rm, SCW Foundations Bldg, 1465 R H Johnson Blvd, Sun City West.(R.H.Johnson & Stardust). 8:30 am mtg. $2 donation to cover expenses. Speaker: Maricopa County Special Health Care District Board member Elbert ‘Bick’ Bicknell. Contact: Jan Martinson Home: 623-546-3753 or Cell: 623-203-4803 JLMART15102@aol.com
- May 3 – LD23 ANNUAL BREAKFAST. SOLD OUT 8:30 am, Gainey Ranch Golf Club. $30 per person. National speaker Barry Asmus and Congressman David Schweiker t. Legislative reports. RSVP required to Shirley Cordasco 480-251-7031 email@example.com.
· History Map Of The United States. Watch The Evolution Of Growth From The 13 Colonies Up To The Present Day -- Including Dates, Wars, Purchases, Etc. When It Opens, Click On ‘Play’ At The Top.) Http://Www.Animatedatlas.Com/Movie
· Sunday-Square-Off Huppenthal Could Face Suit Over Private School Cash
· Amnesty Lurks, Prepare For Post-Election Thrust Boehner, McCain, Sycophant Flake Poised To Pounce; AZ 4 Clearly Onboard Amnesty Effort
· Why Jeb Bush Will Never Be President Illegal Invasion Of U.S. Given Green Light By Jeb Bush And His Cohorts Flake And Bolick
ARIZONA FREEDOM ALLIANCE
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch
SECOND AMENDMENT/GUN RIGHTS
FEDERAL LANDS GRABS
BUNDY/BLM STAND OFF
WAR ON WOMEN
· China-Threatens-Women-Who-Have-Illegal-Children 'If You Should Abort And Don't, Your House Will Be Torn Down'
· Racism-Is-In-The-Eye-Of-The-Beholder-And-The-Doer-Too Rev Manning
· What Every White Person Should Know Rev Manning
DEPT OF JUSTICE/HOLDER
SECRETARY OF STATE