- ► February (20)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ▼ May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
May 3, 2014
A Cinco De Mayo Fiesta Fundraiser For LD18 House Candidate Jill Norgaard is scheduled at 5 pm, Sun, May 4 at 11814 S Equestrain Trail, Phoenix. Hosted by Melanie Beauchamp, Ed & Lorraine Pellegrino, Tod & Suzanna Dickey, Joan Heil, Marcus Huey and Sal DiCiccio. $50 per person. Dinner and margaritas. RSVP: Jill@jillnorgaard2014.com
· CD1 Candidate Adam Kwasman Schedule:
· May 4 – 1 pm, Meet & Greet, PJ's Village Pub & Sports Lounge, 40 West Cortez, Village of Oak Creek, Sedona, AZ 86351 Contact: Dwight Kadar 281-610-0725 or email@example.com.
· May 4 – 4 pm, Hoppy Grape Lounge, 2575 Arizona SR89A, West Sedona, AZ 86336. Contact: Dwight Kadar 281-610-0725, firstname.lastname@example.org.
· LD14 House Candidate Susan Syfert will be at the West End Fair in Sierra Vista this weekend.
· The Arrowhead Republican Women’s Candidates Forum is scheduled at 2:30 pm, Sat., June 7 at Briarwood Country Club. 2:30 pm meet and greet. 3 pm forum. Cash bar, appetizers. Each candidate will give a three-minute presentation. Participating candidates:
· Congress: Trent Franks, Clair Van Steenwyk
· Governor: Ken Bennett, Doug Ducey, Christine Jones, Al Melvin, John Molina, Frank Riggs, Scott Smith
· Secretary Of State: Justin Pierce, Michele Reagan
· Treasurer: Jeff Dewitt, Hugh Hallman
· Attorney General: Tom Horne, Mark Brnovich
· Superintendent Of Public Instruction: Diane Douglas
· Corporation Commission: Tom Forese, Bonnie Katz, Doug Little, Lucy Mason, Vernon Parker
· Maricopa County Supervisor: Clint Hickman, Sandra Dowling
· Clerk Of The Courts: Michael Jeans
· House LD21: Rick Gray, Bryan Hackbarth,
· Senate LD21: Debbie Lesko
· House LD22: David Livingston
Contact: Peggy Moore 623-694-5852 or email@example.com
· Congressman Paul Gosar: I successfully passed four amendments on Wednesday that will bring accountability to the Department of Veterans Affairs and improve veterans' health care. Ensuring timely care for our veterans is one of my top priorities, so I was appalled to hear recent reports about neglect, and even malfeasance, at the VA in terms of treating sick veterans. the House Veterans Affairs Committee is conducting an investigation into the matter and so far has found that as many as 40 veterans may have died waiting for treatment at the Phoenix VA. These amendments will prevent such atrocities from occurring again, will increase transparency and, most importantly, will ensure our nation's heroes receive critical health care. Specifically, these amendments prohibit the VA from keeping unofficial records in order to conceal lengthy wait times; cut bureaucratic waste at the VA and redirect those resources toward reducing wait times; prohibit bonuses for senior VA officials; and ensure adequate funding for the investigation of the Phoenix VA. Click HERE watch Gosar on the house floor or press release gosar-passes-amendments-hold-veterans-administration-accountable
· The Paradise Republican Women’s Club will host incumbent Attorney General Tom Horne, gubernatorial candidate John Molina, Corporation Commission candidate Vernon Parker, and LD28 candidates, at the May 10 meeting at the Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E. Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale. 10:30 am social, 11 am mtg, noon luncheon. Adam Driggs, Kate Brophy McGee, Mary Hamway, Shawna Bolick, Amanda Reeve and John Wilenchik have been invited to attend. Contact: www.prwc.org RSVP: Checks payable PRWC with menu choice by May 7 to:Linda Brickman,19425 N. 36th Way, Phoenix, AZ 85050
· Congressman Paul Gosar: I'm proud that over a year ago I co-sponsored H.Res.36 calling for a select committee on Benghazi. The House Oversight Committee and I, in our role as the chief watchdog body in Congress, have continued to push for justice on this matter through multiple oversight hearings. I'm pleased that House leadership has finally recognized the importance of this issue and have announced they will schedule a vote to establish a select committee on Benghazi. I am committed to uncovering the whole truth about what happened in Benghazi and to holding the Obama administration accountable for the lack of a response and the subsequent cover up. Americans and the families of the four brave men who died in Benghazi deserve the whole truth, not the lies spewed by the administration.
· Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Diane Douglas: I am running principally to stop Common Core in Arizona. You can find out more about my qualifications and background on my website at www.DianeDouglas.com.
Congressman David Schweikert: A lot of people ask me why I ran for Congress, why I am so passionate about telling the truth and fighting to undo Washington's damage. The answer is very simple. It is because I care about saving our country. I believe that there are Americans, like you, who believe that our shared values and the Constitution are worth defending.Without question, the presidency of Barack Obama has put our country in jeopardy. Look at Obamacare. No other law on the books is doing more harm to our economy. Look at what the IRS and the EPA are doing. Regulations created by bureaucrats who have no idea how they impact people's lives. No matter how hard I work for solutions, they continue to turn up the partisan attack machine. In fact, just this week the head of the EPA came after lawmakers like me, who dare question the bureaucracy's power. I need your help, and I need it fast. They are targeting us, and the only way to stop them is to win in November. Join me in the fight to save our country. We must take back our government from Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid! Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Congressman Paul Gosar: I co-sponsored four commonsense bills this week that increase transparency, save taxpayer money, ensure local involvement in species conservation and the designation process, limit the hourly rate attorneys can charge the taxpayers for Endangered Species Act lawsuits and require the federal government to make available to Congress and the public any data it uses to determine which species to list as endangered. These bills address serious deficiencies in the Endangered Species Act. For far too long, the federal government has been making listing decisions based on secret science and pseudo-science, including studies that do not allow for peer-review of the underlying data. Even more troubling is the fact that attorneys have been making millions of dollars based on frivolous lawsuits associated with the Endangered Species Act and that the federal government doesn’t even know how much money has been paid out. The government shouldn't have anything to hide if these listings are indeed based on the best available science and there should be local involvement in this process. Most importantly, attorneys shouldn't be getting rich at the expense of hardworking taxpayers. Click HERE to read more.
· CD9 Candidate Wendy Rogers: “Talk is cheap; unfortunately, the Phoenix VA Hospital’s representative in Congress, Kyrsten Sinema, does not seem to get that. The lives of men and women who bravely served our country are still being put in danger because Washington, DC, has become used to excuses and bureaucracy instead of action, Getting our veterans timely access to healthcare must be the top priority. Steps can and must be taken to reduce the backlog. The Phoenix VA needs to immediately hire 20 more primary care providers, and we should ensure this is given top priority and not buried under layers of red tape. Veterans are dying as they await follow-up appointments, which is inexcusable.Not one of the Phoenix VA leadership team sounded the alarm as the situation worsened, and we must hold those responsible accountable for their actions. The Phoenix VA system director must be fired, not just placed on leave,” continued Rogers. “We must also learn exactly how big the backlog is and how extensive this ‘secret list’ has been. To ensure complete transparency and to restore the public trust in the VA system, the results of the investigation and the steps being taken to fix this problem must be made public and posted online.” Wendy Rogers is a 5th-generation U.S. military officer, having retired as a Lt. Colonel from the U.S. Air Force. She was one of the first 100 women to serve as pilots in the Air Force, and she has made defending our veterans’ access to healthcare, education, and jobs one of her top campaign priorities.
· Congressman Paul Gosar: The House leadership has announced that they will hold a vote on establishing a select committee on the September 11, 2012 terrorist attacks in Benghazi. Congress has been investigating these terrorist attacks for almost two years but the Obama administration's stonewalling and refusal to release pertinent information has left us no option but to create a select committee. It's ridiculous that we have to create a select committee in the first place but the administration is more interested in covering their own a**es and protecting the President than telling the American people the truth. Several unanswered questions remain, such as "What was the President doing while the consulate was under attack? Why did he not take action or issue any specific orders? Why did Hillary Clinton refuse to ask the military for assistance? Why was Susan Rice sent out to lie about the causes of the attack instead of Secretary Clinton? Why did the President repeat this lie long after it was exposed? What is Jay Carney's role in fabricating the Internet-video lie?" and "What other documents have been withheld from Congress?"
On Thursday, the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, of which I am a member, held a hearing on Benghazi. Click HERE to watch me questioning witnesses at the hearing.
· National Republican Committeeman Bruce Ash: It's breathtaking what the Obama administration can accomplish in a one day news cycle . Under the Obama administration's harsh tax policies , Pfizer, the world's 2nd largest pharmaceutical company announced it will acquire British firm Astra Zenica and move its corporate headquarters abroad to save billions in U. S. taxes. The move would save Pfizer over $1B in taxes and deprive the US Treasury of nearly $4B. In related news the Department of Commerce also announced total domestic economic growth was a measly .1% in the first quarter of 2014. Connect the dots. The White House also announced they will take steps to curb sexual assaults on college campuses. Good? I'm sure that college age parents will take comfort to know that the president's plan to protect their children will be to take a survey on attitudes toward sexual assaults. The feds will also require college administrators to improve their record keeping. Good luck with that. Lastly, Syrian President Assad announced in the embattled city of Homs he would seek a 3rd term in elections next month. Who would dare oppose him? He used chlorine gas on a new group of dissidents last week. And Obama let him get away with it. What will tomorrow bring?
· Congressman Paul Gosar: I questioned Mike Rowe, former host of the Discovery Channel's Dirty Jobs, at a Natural Resources Committee hearing on Tuesday about the importance of a skilled workforce. Skilled trades jobs are essential for ensuring America's energy future. Unfortunately, many of these high-paying jobs are left unfilled because we don't have the skilled workforce to fill them. I was pleased to have the opportunity to discuss this problem with former Dirty Jobs host Mike Rowe. He provided some valuable insights for addressing this problem moving forward. Click HERE Gosar/ Mike Rowe.
· This Leisure World Republican Club’s Is Hosting A “Pie Social With The Candidates” at 6:30 pm, May 5 in the Club Room at Rec 1. Free Pie at 6:30 pm, mtg at 7 pm. Confirmed candidates: Secretary of State – Wil Cardon, gubernatorial candidate – Dr. John Molina; LD25 House candidate Haydee Dawson and special guest former AZ senate president Russell Pearce (1st vice chair of the AZGOP).
· A Maricopa Meet And Greet Is Scheduled at 6:30 pm, Mon, May 5 at Maricopa’s Native New Yorker, 21164 N John Wayne Parkway. Candidates include CD1 candidate Adam Kwamann, Constable candidate Bret Roberts, Maricopa City Council candidate Vincent Manfredi, and incumbent Maricopa Mayor Christian Price. “I’m basically just organizing the event and getting people to come out,” Roberts said. “This isn’t a fundraiser, it’s a chance for voters to come out and meet their representatives so they can put a face to the name.” Candidates will each speak on their individual platforms and issues, as well as meet and talk to voters one-on-one.
· Former Graham County Sheriff Richard Mack will speak about his first-hand experience at the Bundy Ranch in Nevada during the Mon, May 5 Red Mountain Tea Party Patriots meeting. See calendar listing at http://archives.mcrcbriefs.org/ - Tea Party calendar – left hand column.
· Congressman David Schweikert Neighborhood Petitions Signature Gathering Walks Are Scheduled: RSVP TO Sign Up: Oliver Schwab At Oliver@Davidschweikert.Com
· May 7. 4-7 Pm, Meet At Paradise Bakery, 8777 North Scottsdale Road.
· May 8. 4-7 Pm, Meet At Fountain Hills Starbuck's, 16425 East Palisades Blvd
· May 12. 4-7 Pm, Meet - Parking Lot, East Entrance Of Dillard's, Paradise Valley Mall
· May 13. 4 To 7 Pm, Meet - Fountain Hills Starbuck's, 16425 East Palisades Blvd.
· Congressman Paul Gosar: As you know, one of my top priorities is eliminating waste fraud and abuse in the federal government. On Thursday, the House passed two of my policies that cut needless spending and prevent hard-earned taxpayer money from being wasted on a costly vegetative roof and on completely unnecessary life-size printings of photographs. At a time of soaring deficits and with a federal debt in excess of $17 trillion, such expenditures are especially wasteful. We have a responsibility to future generations to put this country on a fiscally sustainable path, which is why I'll continue to cut wasteful spending wherever I can find it in the bloated federal government. Click HERE.
· The Conservative Business League Is Hosting Three Constitutional Debates featuring CD-4 Democrat candidate Mikel Weisser and Shane Krauser of the American Academy for Constitutional Education. No political materials, signature gathering or campaigning will be allowed due to debate decorum and venue rules.
· May 6 – 7 pm at Poston Butte High School, 32375 N. Gantzel Rd, San Tan Valley. Doors open at 6 pm. The two-hour debate is comprised of four, 20-minute segments. Debate rules will be established by an Instructor from Grand Canyon University and response time tightly controlled. A three judge panel comprised of a Democrat, Republican and an Independent will score the debate. Debate issues:
· Religion and the First Amendment (with discussion of SB 1062 as it applies to free speech)
· The Constitution as a "living, breathing document".
· The General Welfare Clause
· The Second Amendment
· May 13 – 7 pm, Cases Grande Middle School, A three judge panel comprised of a Democrat, Republican and an Independent will score the debate. Debate topic tba.
· Debate Three: Venue to be determined. Topic tab.
Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· Marine -Jailed-For-Driving-Into-Mexico-With-Guns Got Lost, Couldn’t Make U Turn
· Petition/Demand-Release-USMC-Sgt-Tahmooressi-Suffering-PTSD Needs 100,000 Signatures By May 31.
· But They Didn't Shave Her Head Linda Bentley
· AZ Highway Patrol To Honor 29 DPS Officers Killed In Line Of Duty With Memorial Ceremony Annual Event Will Take Place On Monday, May 5
· Reception Honoring Mark Brnovich
ALLEN B WEST
· Invitation To See ‘Irreplacable’ . RSVP: Arizonafreedomalliance.Ning.Com/Events
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch
SECOND AMENDMENT/GUN RIGHTS
HARRY REID SCANDALS
BUNDY/BLM STAND OFF
DEPT OF JUSTICE/HOLDER
· Teachers-Refuse-To-Do-Standardized-Tests Revolt Against Common Core
· Were JFK And Obama Really From The Same Party? No, We Did Not Leave The Party…The Democrats Left Us. Sometime During The Past Five Decades The Democrats Turned Left…Hard Left. And We Kept Driving Straight Down The Road