- ► February (20)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ▼ May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
May 13, 2014
· CD2 Candidate And Command Chief Master Sergeant (Ret) Chuck Wooten and legendary A-10 pilot LTC (ret) Tom Norris are co-hosting a Town Hall at 6 pm, Thurs, May 15 at the Murphy-Wilmot Library, 530 N. Wilmot Road, Tucson. They will inform concerned citizens about the Department of Defense's untimely proposal to eliminate the entire fleet of A-10 Thunderbolt II (Warthog) aircraft from the Air Force inventory and the possibility of a Base Realignment And Closure effort for Davis-Monthan AFB - if the A-10 is eliminated. The attendees will be given a call-to-action and informed what they can do to get involved in saving the A-10 from the boneyard. The meeting will last one hour.
· District 3 Phoenix City Councilman Jim Waring is holding the Sunnyslope Business Roundtable at 8 am, Wed., May 14 at the North Mountain Brewing Company, 522 E Dunlap Ave., Phx. Refreshments provided. RSVP/Contact: Council.District.email@example.com 602.262.7441
· Dr. Barry A. Goodfield Is Hosting A Meet & Greet For LD22 Sen Judy Burges from 6 – 8 pm, May 17, at the Ancala Country Club, 11700 E Via Linda, Scottsdale. RSVP: Laura Allison 480-391-1000 Ext210 by Wed, May 14.
· Dr. Ben Carson, Renowned Pediatric Neurosurgeon And Chairman Of American Legacy PAC’s Save Our Healthcare Project: It’s clear that Obamacare isn’t working for all Americans. It’s time to begin crafting a free-market replacement that puts patients first, yielding results we can all be proud of. Please join me, and sign our petition at SaveOurHealthcare.org. It is our goal to recruit every American that believes we can do better than Obamacare, and make sure that our message is received loud and clear by every elected official and candidate in 2014.
· Club-E Is Hosting A ‘Meet & Greet’ For Kyrene Justice Of The Peace candidate Darryl Jacobson-Barnes at 6:30 pm, Thur, May 15 at 1011 S McClintock., Dr., Tempe. Suggested donations $25. Light refreshments. RSVP: Kevin.Marshall@clubeintl.com Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org treasurer's email: email@example.com http://www.jacobsonbarnesforjp.com/ 480-838-4751
· Meet LD22 Incumbent Senate Candidate Sen. Judy Burges: She has lived in Arizona since 1960, graduated from Yavapai Community College with an AA in General Studies, the University of Phoenix with a BA in Management and a MBA in Business Administration. Burges served in the House of Representatives for seven years before being appointed to the State Senate by the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors. Burges has chaired the Government, Joint Legislative Audit, and Appropriations Committees in the House and served as vice chair for numerous other committees. During her tenure in the legislature, she has earned the “Champion of the Taxpayer” from Americans for Prosperity, “Spirit of 76 Award” from Pachyderm Coalition as the highest ranking legislator, and honored by the Goldwater Institute numerous times as a “Friend of Liberty”. She has three children and seven grandchildren. See her legislative record Legislature
· Operation Enduring Gratitude Volunteers Are Needed to help renovate and clean up a veteran’s home at 5925 W Hubbell St., Phoenix – starting at 6 am, May 17 and 18. Volunteers need water or sports drinks, gloves, wheel barrels, shade tent/cooing station, ice and anything to keep them going. Contact Charlie at 480-678-0938 or Christal at 623-853-6447. Charlie@cellisllc.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Gov Jan Brewer Today Appointed Joan Wagener to the Pima County Superior Court. Wagener has been a Court Commissioner since 2000, most recently assigned to family court (2012-present) and juvenile court (2000-12). Prior to serving as Commissioner, Wagener had her own private practice (1993-2000) and worked for the law firms of Ann Haralambie (1990-93) and Richards & Pennington (1988-1990). While in private practice, Wagener focused on family and juvenile law. She also handled probate, guardianship, personal injury and misdemeanor criminal cases. Wagener received her J.D. (1987) and B.A. in Political Science (1985) from the University of Arizona. She fills the vacancy created by the retirement of Judge Ted Borek.
· Supt for Public Instruction Candidate Diane Douglas has submitted her signatures to the Secretary of State’s office. However, she is still collecting signatures in case opponents challenge nominating petitions. Please completed and send any signed nomination petitions to her at Diane Douglas, 13402 Castle Rock Dr., Sun City West, AZ 85375.
· Sen Jeff Flake and Gov Jan Brewer are hosting an evening of music with Bob and Christi Worsley to benefit Worsley senate campaign on Fri, May 16. . Guest violinist Jenny Oaks Baker. 6:30 pm reception, 7 pm dinner. Falcon Field Airport – Empire Cat Hangar, 4616 E Fighter Acres Drive, Mesa. RSVP: Kim Mlazgar at 480-201-8735 or BobWorsley2014@gmail.com
· LD25 Senate candidate Ralph Heap: The voters in LD25 have made it clear what they want from their next State Senator. They want a conservative who is committed to limited government and economic prosperity. Not a politician who has consistently supported bigger government. I made the decision to run for State Senate because I looked at what was going on down at the State Legislature and believed we can do better. In fact, we have to do better. My top priorities as your next State Senator are simple. I'm going to fight for policies that encourage economic growth and prosperity. I'm going to fight to limit the size, cost, and reach of government because I believe that when government get's too big and costly, our economy suffers. I'm not a political insider who is cozy with lobbyists and special interests. I'm a surgeon who believes that your next State Senator should be someone who is committed to fighting for you and your values, not the lobbyists and special interests. website. Volunteers sign up here.
· Robert Graham, Chairman of the Arizona Republican Party, has announced that CD5 Matt Salmon, supports behind the state plan to mobilize voters for the elections this fall. Precinct Committeemen, the grassroots leaders elected by voters every two years, are the key component of the plan to encourage voters to support Republican candidates in November. Salmon’s video here.
· The Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation named Goldwater Institute President & CEO Darcy Olsen, a 2014 recipient of the prestigious Bradley Prize. The Bradley Prize is awarded each year to recognize individuals who’ve made extraordinary contributions to the liberty movement. In just a decade, Olsen transformed the Goldwater Institute from a small government watchdog to the nation’s most effective organization at expanding freedom. At a time when many of our allies are simply trying to hold the line on the growth of Washington-style big government, Olsen can see the path to innovative liberty reforms that will actively expand freedom in our country, not just avoid its constriction.
· Clair Van Steenwyk will address ‘Churches Silence Kills Republic for $$$’ at 2 pm May 15 at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/van-the-radio-man
· The U.S. Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations has scheduled a hearing, “Online Advertising and Hidden Hazards to Consumer Security and Data Privacy,” on Thursday, May 15, 2014, at 9:30 a.m., in 342 Dirksen Senate Office Building. A background press briefing in advance of the hearing will be held the previous day, on Wednesday, May 14, 2014, at 11:00 a.m. in 236 Russell Senate Office Building. Witness list here.
· Get well wishes to LD 24 PC and long-time TARS leader Lois Fitch, who is recovering from a stroke at Life Care Rehab Center, 9494 E Becker Lane, Scottsdale, AZ 85260. She can have visitors. Cards can be sent to the rehab center. Contact: Julie Lind, State Assistant Advisor for the TARS 602-312-8345.
· The Saddlebrooke Republican Club Gubernatorial Debate is planned at 4:15 pm, May 14 in the Desert View Performing Arts Center, 29900 S Clubhouse Dr.,Tuscon. Contact here.
· Candidates Are Asking That Petitions Signatures be collected quickly so they can submit them by the May 28 deadline.
Arrowhead Republican Women Will Be Having Their Final Monthly Luncheon of the season At 11:30 Am, Wed, May 14 At Briarwood Country Club, 20800 N 135th Ave., Sun City West. Speaker – State Treasurer Candidate Hugh Hallman. ARW Will Resume In September. Check-Ins At 10:45 Am. $20 Per Person. RSVP Arwlunchrsvp@Gmail.Com
· Congressman Paul Gosar is hosting a pancake breakfast from 9-10 am, Thur, May 15 at the Feed Bag Restaurant, 300 S Phelps Dr., Apache Junction. Contact: Tom Van Flein: email@example.com or Penny Pew: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Augustine Bartning Is A Candidate For The Maricopa County Community College Board. Bartning is a Phoenix Young Man of the Year and and received the Phoenix Human Relations Commission Dr Martin Luther King Dreams Award. Contact: 480-269-2024 email@example.com .
· LD24 Will Meet At 7 Pm, Thur, May 15 at AZGOP Headquarters, 501 N. 24th St., Phx. Secretary of State candidate Michelle Reagan, CD9 candidate Wendy Rogers. Roger Pongratz will there to notarize your PC affidavits. Contact: Chairman Brian Kaufamn, 480-442-2424 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Supt Of Public Education Candidate Diane Douglas is urging supporters in Mohave, Pima, Greenlee, Cochise or Coconino counties to gather and return their petitions signatures to her (at the address on the front of the petitions) as quickly as possible. All sigantures must be filed at the Secretary of States office by May 28. Contact: Jennifer Reynolds, 480-961-4214, arizonansagainstcommoncore.com
· A Private Evening Social For Congressmen Trent Franks will be held at 6 pm, Thur, May 15 at the home of Lt. Col Everett ‘Ray”and Joanne Moudy in Phoenix, with special guests Phoenix City Councilmen Sal DiCiccio, Bill Gates and Jim Waring.
· Congressman Paul Gosar Is Hosting A ‘Lunch With The Congressman at noon, Thur, May 15 at the Daily Bread Bistro, 5618 East Skyline Drive, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140. Contact: Tom Van Flein: email@example.com or Penny Pew: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan And Nancy Cisar Are Hosting A ‘Meet And Greet’ for gubernatorial candidate Christine Jones at t heir Scottsdale home at 9:30 am, Fri, May 16. Contact: Nancy at email@example.com
· The Sun City Grand Republican Interest Group Candidate Round Table is scheduled at 9 am, May 17 in the Chaparral Center Hopi Room, 19781 N. Remington Dr., Sun City Grand. Candidate include of Attorney General, State Treasurer, US Congress District 8, and Superintendant of Public Instruction. Meetings are open to all Sun City Grand residents and guests, elected officials and candidates. Contact: Ginny Nyre, President firstname.lastname@example.org (623-544-7187) or Ruth Seiter, Vice President Programs email@example.com (623-544-9309) or visit our webpage at www.grandgop.com
· The Cobre Valley Republican Club Is Having An "Armed Forces Day" to honor all veterans on May 17 at 11:30 am, at the Globe Elks Club, 1910 East Maple Street, in Globe. Speakers are Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu, "America's Sheriff of the Year" in 2011, along with Gila County Attorney Bradley Beauchamp.Tickets are $25 each or two for $45 and includes roast beef lunch. RSVP: In the Globe area call Judy at 928-701-2195 or Dianna at 928-200-1647. In Payson call Shirley at 928-468-1131, or Pine-Strawberry call Gary at 928-478-8186.
· American Lands Council Presents Ken Ivory from 9:45 am-noon, May 17 at the North Scottsdale Christian Church who will be speaking about ‘Land Grabs by the Government’ --Tombstone, Arizona, Texas, Nevada, Colorado, and Central California.
· ALRA Rancho Grande Candidate Meet & Greet is scheduled at 5:30 pm, May 17 at the The Torres Residence, 203 E. Harrison, Gilbert featuring conservative candidates Steve Montenegro (LD13), Haydee Dawson (LD25), Daniel Estrella (LD2) and Lei Lana Cortez (LD24). Other Republican candidates are welcome to mingle. $15 ALRA members. Future members $20. RSVP: Joe Borrajero at 602-402-5932. Joseb4538@zoho.com
The Apache County Republican Committee has scheduled its Lincoln Day Luncheon for 6 pm, May 17 at the American Legion Hall in Springerville. Congressman Matt Salmon will be the speaker, accompanied by CD1 candidate Rep Adam Kwasman and gubernatorial candidate Mesa Mayor Scott Smith. Any other candidates in attendance will be a few minutes to address the group as well. They can host a table in their behalf for $25. Tickets are $30 per person. Items for a silent auction are currently being accepted. For details visit www.apachecountyrepublicans.com
· The Annual Cochise County Republican Picnic is scheduled from 4 pm until sunset, May 17 (Armed Forces Day) at 9185 Garber Drive, Hereford. Free admission. Pay Gunny for Gunny’s BBQ. Rub shoulders with friends, neighbors, candidates and elected officials. Pony rides available. Contact: Toni Arena, Vice-Chair Cochise County Republicans 520 366 0390 or 520 558 1145.
An Americans For Prosperity – Arizona Sponsored Don't Be An Obamacare Victim meeting with speaker Tom Jenney at 6:30 pm, Fri., May 16 at the Travelodge – Globe, 2119 W. Highway 60, Globe (map). FREE admission: RSVP: ObamacareGlobe.eventbrite.com The next morning, Sat, May 17, activists will meet to survey residents of Globe using iPad technology and educate them about their member of Congress. CONTACT: Karen MacKean - (480) 220-9450 / firstname.lastname@example.org
· Congressman David Schwiekert And His Wife Joyce will celebrate a campaign kick-off pancake breakfast between 9-11 am, Sat., May 17 at the home of Eric & Shawn Cashman, 6000 E. Pershing Ave., Scottsdale. Admission: Signatures on a Schweikert nomination petition or participation in a May12 or 13 neighborhood walk. RSVP contact: Allison Mary email@example.com or 480-628-2763
· LD28 Senate Andy Driggs Is Hosting A 3rd Biennial Waffle Breakfast at 8:30 am, Sat, May 17, at 4231 E. Clarendon, Phx., followed by a neighorhood petition walk. Kids welcome and can be left at the Driggs home during petitions walk. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Leonore at 602-957-3761.
· The Cochise County Republican Picnic is scheduled from 4 pm to sunset, May 17 at 9185 Garber Drive, Hereford, AZ 85615. Meet numerous county, state and federal candidates. Kids pony rides and entertainment. Free admission. Gunny’s BBQ available. Contact: Toni Arena at 520-366-0390.
· Fifth Shrink Our Spending (SOS) Initiative: Eliminates Federal Funding For The Voice Of America Congressman Matt Salmon
· Robert Robb The Suspension Of Critical Thinking About Cps Reform
· Political-Insider Front-Runner Questions Dog Campaign; Labels Id "Known Liberal Republicans"
· Should John-McCain-Retire? Voters Put Final Nail In Senators Coffin
ARIZONA FREEDOM ALLIANCE
· Today, the Republican National Committee (RNC) is announcing the formal launch of Victory 365, a new permanent grassroots field operation that will run 365 days a year. Victory 365 is a partnership between local, state and national Republicans to mobilize volunteers nationwide to engage with voters in their communities. The program will focus on sustained relationships through a precinct-based grassroots organizing structure to build long-term relationships.
Victory 365 will be supported by the RNC’s field staff and thousands of precinct captains and volunteers. In the last year, the RNC has hired 193 field staff, who have recruited over 14,000 precinct leaders nationwide to lead the Victory 365 effort. Minority engagement staff are also working with field staff to engage with voters in Hispanic, African American and Asian communities.
“Today we are launching a national field program that is unlike anything the RNC has done in past election cycles,” said Chairman Priebus. “In earlier years, Republicans were known for a 72-hour program and a victory operation that lasted for a couple months. Victory 365 means that the RNC will engage with voters year-round, non-stop, 365 days a year.” See more about GOP Victory 365: www.gopvictory365.com
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch
SECOND AMENDMENT/GUN RIGHTS
HARRY REID SCANDALS
FEDERAL LANDS GRABS
· County-Just-Voted-Disregard-Federal-Government “We Are Reacting To The Infringement Of The U.S. Forest Service On The Water Rights Of Our Land-Allotment Owners.”
BUNDY/BLM STAND OFF
WAR ON WOMEN
· Congressmen-Advance-Bill; Actually-Cut-Perks “We In Congress Have A Responsibility To Wisely Use The People’s Money.”
GLOBAL WARMING aka Climate Change
SECRETARY OF STATE