- ► March (23)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ▼ May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
May 18, 2014
ATTENTION PCs: Message From MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro: Several people contacted me this week about strangers coming to their homes or phoning them with a series of questions about Sen. John McCain and asking whether they are running for precinct committeeman (PC) again. Some of them are offering to notarize your PC affidavit and take your signature petitions and affidavit to the County Elections Office for you. Please do not give your signature petitions or affidavit to any stranger. Either submit them in person - hand delivered to County Elections Office no later than May 28th 5 pm. Or mailed no later than May 21 to Maricopa County Elections Department, Attn: Kristi/Berta, 111 S. 3rd Ave., Phoenix AZ 85003. Postmarked May 28 doesn't count.
Reports circulating: Reports have come to my attention that the moderate and left of center Republicans (aka RINOs) are trying to take over the Arizona Republican Party at all levels - state, county and legislative district. Reports are circulating that thousands of dollars are being spent to recruit RINOs to run as candidates for Republican PCs in the August Primary. – Chairman A J LaFaro
· MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro to Precinct Committeemen (PCs):
· If you haven't already gotten qualified, I strongly encourage you to do so this week.
· If you are one of our grassroots conservative PCs in a precinct that has fewer folks running for PC than the quota, try to recruit one or more conservative Republicans who want to get more actively involved in helping save our Republic by becoming a PC.
As conservative Republican PCs, we believe in what our Founding Fathers gave us -- a Declaration of Independence and a Constitution that say in effect that all people are naturally born free, that no person is entitled to rule another and that people may use their freedom to create political and legal order that respects and protects their rights.
You have no doubt noticed, especially lately, that some folks in both major political parties believe that it is okay to take one person's property and give it to another and that your rights are government given. These are not the ideas of conservative Republicans.
· Call to Action - Precinct Committeemen: You have 11 days to get your petition signatures to qualify for the August Primary. Here are the web addresses for the necessary paperwork:
· Affidavit - single sided, 8 1/2 by 11 page to fill out and sign with a notary public.
· Petition - 2-sided, 8 1/2 by 11 sheet for the signatures.
· 10 signatures are the maximum anyone will need. Some precincts require fewer.
· List of precincts with the numbers for PC Quota and needed signatures:
Contact: Chairman A J LaFaro email@example.com
· Clair Van Steenwyk aka Van the Radio Man will discuss RINO attacks on AZ AZ Tom Horne on Crossroads with Van at 2 pm, Mon., May 19. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/van-the-radio-man
· Van The Radio Man: “I've been watching the RINO's and Dems attack AZ AG Tom Horne for weeks now, with the aide of the Federal Government and not a peep from any of the statewide or federal candidates except for myself that I know of; but then I'm not a politician and don't stick my finger in the air to see who may or may not support me if I do what I believe is right by the performance of AG Horne as AG or does that matter? I do believe the McCain camp who's RINO friends both in & out of office and the press will continue the attacks even if the result may be an AG named Rotellini as their main goal is to have someone in office who won't fight for us.” Call in: 347-857-4804 / 877-572-4283.
· McCain Should Have Helped Vets Back In 2013 John McCain has been all over the media defending our Veterans but there is a story that the media is missing .. Thanks to Anita Christy for pointing out the back story of whistleblower, Dr. Katherine Mitchell. Why did John McCain not take action in September 2013 when Dr. Mitchell filed her complaints? Why did he submit her complaints to the Office of Congressional and Legislative Affairs instead of the inspector general's office? Why did she get put on administrative leave following her complaints to John McCain's office with no explanation for this action? Shouldn't these questions be answered by John McCain before he continues to be the spokesperson for the Veterans who he claims to be helping?
· Arizona-Park-Employee-Viciously-Beaten-by-Assailant A federal park employee who was attacked and viciously beaten by an illegal immigrant and drug smuggler last year is finally speaking out about her ordeal. Karen Gonzales, 60, was attacked in broad daylight as she cleaned a park bathroom. The woman suffered brain damage and now walks with a limp as a result of the beating. Gonzales works at the Chiracahua National Monument in a remote part of Arizona East of Tucson, close to the Mexican border, an area beset with crossings of illegal aliens and drug traffickers from Mexican cartels.
· A Reception In Support Of LD13 Rep Darin Mitchell and Steve Montenegro (aka the M&M Team), hosted by House Majority leader David Gowen, Bonnie & Buddy Mitchell, Sr., Miracle & Buddy Mitchell, Jr., Linda & Steve Migliore, and Terri & Nick Simonetta is scheduled at 6 pm, Tues, May 27 at 1150 E. Acacia Circle, Litchfield Park. 5:30 pm VIP reception. Suggested contribution $250. 6 pm general admission $100. Special guest: Congressman David Schweikert. Please RSVP to Allison Mary 480-628-2763 / firstname.lastname@example.org
· CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten (Chief Master Sergeant Ret,) on the A-10: “The Warthog has no equal in its characteristics or capabilities,” Wooten said.” Wooten, who held the second highest enlisted rank within the U.S. Air Force understands the vital nature of the aircraft. He continued, “Its absolutely essential to our National Defense, Without the A-10, our close air support for our ground troops would be gone. There is no way the A-10’s mission can be safely eliminated, and no way a high-altitude fighter can do the same job.” On April 10th while attending the Senate Armed Services Committee and Air Force Posturing hearing, Chief Wooten had the opportunity to speak with General Mark A. Welch III, the Air Force Chief of Staff, who was testifying. - See more at: a-tough-tradeoff-protect-our-troops-or-increase-food-stamps Originally developed in the early 1970’s to counter the Soviet’s then armored threat, the A-10 is the only aircraft designed specifically for the purpose of close air support of ground forces. Built for longevity and survivability, the Warthog was designed around a 30 mm rotary cannon which is the heaviest automatic gun mounted on any aircraft. The cockpit and flight controls are protected by a titanium armored bathtub, rendering the pilot generally immune from ground fire, and up to 23 mm anti-aircraft guns. Over the years the A-10 has been continuously upgraded and modified with new navigation capabilities and weapons systems.
· The Arizona Project will meet at 6:30 pm, Mon., May 19 to hear attorney David Cantelme address ‘Did the GOP get out smarted by the Arizona Redistricting Commission?’ at 3375 E. Shea Blvd, Phx. Contact: Ronald Ludders, Chairman 602-677-1496.
Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· LD23 House Candidate Jay Lawrence will turn in petitions to the Secretary of State’s office this week. Lawrence opposes Common Core, plans to fight for career and trade education for high school drops outs and graduates, as well as returning vets who need jobs. He opposes citizenship for illegals, Medicaid Expansion.
· LD13 House Candidate Darin Mitchell: When I first asked for your vote two years ago, I promised to protect taxpayers, focus on job creation and let the Constitution be my guide. I kept my promise. The prestigious Goldwater Institute ranked me as the #1 House member.Click Click this link to my sign petition: AZ Sec of State electronic petition It's easy....you only need your date of birth and driver's license number.
· The AzCDL Newsletter for May 2014 is available for viewing. The AZCDL sponsored numerous firearms bills that were passed by the legislature this session.
· CD2 Candidate and Right To Life supporter Chuck Wooten is attending the Arizona Right to Life 2014 Spring Fundraising Event & VIP reception on May 22nd at 6pm. The gala is being held at the Xavier High School Auditorium, 4710 N. 5th St., Phoenix, AZ.
· LD12 Rep Warren Petersen: Today I received a letter from the Center for Arizona Policy informing me that I received another perfect score in standing up for families, the sanctity of life and marriage during the last session. As you know the family is the fabric of society and as government leaders it is incumbent upon us to do all we can to protect the family, life and the institution of marriage. Unfortunately these values are under attack. This next election cycle is an important one. In spite of some disappointments and setbacks, Arizona has made great strides over the last 6 years. For example we are now the 4th most pro-life state in the union. This has primarily been due to the fact that we have had a Republican governor, and a Republican legislature whom we have been able to hold to a pro-life, family and marriage platform. Our State could easily fall into Democratic hands if we don't all do our part in the next few months. Not all of us can be elected officials. But all of us can find a good candidate to support. All of us can find one person that wasn't going to vote and get them to the polls. All of us can put a yard sign in front of our houses. The primary election is in just over 90 days. Please do what you can to make sure that we elect people who best represent your values into office.
· Congressman Paul Gosar: On Tuesday, I introduced a resolution in the House in recognition of National Small Business Week and the small business across this country. As the backbone of our economy, small businesses are responsible for 60 percent of net new jobs created since the end of the recession. The entrepreneurs who own these businesses are among the nation's top innovators, taking risks every day to achieve the American dream. I owned my own small business for 25 years before becoming a Congressman, so I know what it's like to struggle to make ends meet. These self-starters deserve our commendation for their commitment to furthering our nation's economy. The important role small business owners play in our communities cannot be understated. These entrepreneurs sponsor our youth sports teams, are intimately involved in facilitating community events and, most importantly, provide much-needed jobs. I encourage all citizens to shop locally at small businesses this week in support of these vital economic engines. Click HERE to read more.
· Congressman Matt Salmon announced his fifth Shrink Our Spending (SOS) bill in a series of bills to be introduced over the next few months to cut wasteful and duplicative spending. Upon introduction of a bill to eliminate federal funding for the Voice of America (VOA), Salmon statement:“For my fifth SOS bill, I introduced legislation to eliminate federal funding for VOA. While originally commissioned to provide a ‘clear and effective presentation of the policies of the United States’, the VOA has veered from its original mission and has, sadly, become another duplicative, federal program. Rather than working to fulfill its original mission, VOA has fallen into the rut of merely mimicking other news outlets by simply reporting news. Unbiased news reporting is important in countries where freedom of the press is limited. Because of this, the United States already funds organizations tasked with disseminating unfiltered news to regions of the world that lack a free press. While a worthy cause, it is not one VOA was primarily tasked to do. Furthermore, Cold War relics, such as VOA, have been rendered obsolete with the rise of the Internet and social media, especially in closed countries which have connected our world in ways we could have never imagined. With the success of social media and other U.S. taxpayer-funded broadcasting programs, it makes fiscal sense to eliminate this superfluous federally funded entity.”
· Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Diane Douglas is the speaker scheduled at the 11:30 am, May 20 Pima County Republican Club luncheon at Sabbar Shriner Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd – Lunch $11.
· The Gila County Republican Committee Has Only 200 Tickets To Sell For Its Cash Raffle. First prize is $2,000, 2nd prize is $1,000 and 3rd prize is $500. Winners will be drawn over the Memorial Day weekend. Contact: GCRC Chairman Gary Morris 602-803-7366.
· Yavapai County Republican Headquarters is looking information on who made the round Goldwater campaign pin that was distributed at the Sept 3, 1964 Sen Barry Goldwater for President campaign on the steps of the Prescott Courthouse. The button has a white background with red lettering reads: Prescott – Arizona Welcomes BARRY Sept 3, 1964. Contact: L.G. Mace YavGop Headquarters (928) 776-4500.
· The Tucson Eastside Republican Club will host CD2 candidate Shelley Kais and Secretary of State candidate Justin Pierce at 6 pm, May 21, at the49ers Country Club Rincon Grill, 12000 E Tanque Verde, Tucson.
· State Treasurer Candidate Randy Pullen and guest Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Apairo will appear at 5:30 pm, May 21 at the Mountain Oyster Club, 6400 E El Dorado Circle, Tucson, hosted by Supervisor Ray Carroll, David Mehl, and Alan Norville. Co-hosts $1,000. Suggested contribution $50. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org
· Palo Verde Republican Women's Club Will Host A Gubernatorial Candidates Luncheon Forum May 21 at McDowell Mountain Golf Club, 10690 E. Sheena Drive, Scottsdale. Candidates include Ken Bennett, Doug Ducey, Dr. John Molina, Frank Riggs and Scott Smith. Forum moderator is Tyler DiGrazia, a Young Republican from Arizona State University. Lunch at 11:30. Program at noon. Guests welcome. $25 per person. Reservations required. RSVP: Edith Stock email@example.com before May 18.
· A Reminder To Politically Involved State Employees: See state restrictions (Arizona’s “mini-Hatch Act”) at A.R.S. § 41-752. http://www.azleg.gov/ars/41/00752.htm The public policy behind these limitations is at A.R.S. § 41-752(K).
· ATTN Candidates: Several candidate announcement/events came in without any reference to the position they are running for. Announcements without position, party affiliation and contact information, will not be posted. Don’t assume everyone knows who you are and what you are running for.
· New GOP offices:
· Pinal County, 111 West Florence Blvd, Suite Six, Casa Grande, AZ 85122. Open 9 am to 6 pm. Contact Dallin Forrest.
· Pima County, 1740 E Fort Lowell, Suite 120, Tucson, AZ 85719. Open 9 am to 6 pm. Contact Jenna Bentley.
· LD23 House Candidate John Strasser is inviting volunteers to join his team as they go through District 23 collecting signatures. Give him a call (480 – 273 – 8798) or check out his website (http://johnstrasser.us) to sign up.
· Sen Candidate Ralph Heap needs volunteers to man telephones from noon until 8 pm Mon-Fri at his campaign headquarters, 3535 E Brown Road., Mesa. Greetings Volunteer. Call Don 602-284-6240 or Barbara 480-577-9094 to schedule a time.
· CD1 Candidate Adam Kwasman Schedule:
· May 22- 7 pm, Pick up a Sign Party, 13052 N Woosnam Way, Oro Valley, AZ 85755. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
· May 28 - Hot Dogs and Apple Pie in the Park, 6 pm, May 28, Riverfront Park, Oro Valley, 551 W. Lambert Lane, Oro Valley, AZ.
· A Fundraiser For Reps Heather Carter And Kate Brophy McGee, with State Historian Marshall Trimble, is scheduled at 4:30 pm, May 20 at the home of Courtney and Chuck LeVinus, 726 Encanto Dr., Phoenix.
· Arrowhead Republican Women will host Constitutional speaker Shane Krauser at 5 pm, May 20 fundraiser dinner at the Briarwood Country Club, 20800 N. 135th Ave., Sun City West. Students welcome. Adult meals $40 per person or $70 per couple. Student (18 yrs and younger) $15 per person. Proceeds will support education and scholarship efforts of the club. Dress code is business attire per country club policy – no jeans allowed. Reservations required. Tickets: Nancy Margaritas 623-322-0108.
· A Sen. Michele Reagan For Secretary Of State Fundraiser is scheduled at 6:30 pm, May 21 at the home of Fred and Heather Wagonhals, 5842 E Redwing, Paradise Valley. Hosts: Jane Hull, Betsey Bayler, Chanrda Bonfiglio, Jim & Terry Marrion, George Weisz, Kelsey Lundy Wendy Briggs, Kathey Senseman, Becky Hill, Allison Bell, Nicole Bidwill, Barbara Meaney, Kevin DeMenna, Doug Yonko, Gretch Kitchel, Ryan O’Daniel and Eric Luoma. Live entertainment and ice cream desserts.
· An “ACT For America” meeting is scheduled at 6 pm, May 21 at the Nanini Branch Library, 7300 N. Shannon Road, Tucson.
· The May 22 Arizona Right To Life Spring Fundraiser ‘Blueprint For Life’ is scheduled at 6 pm at the Xavier High School Auditorium, 4710 N Fifth St., Phoenix. $20 admission. $100 VIP (reserved seating, catered reception with Hugh Hewitt and panel after the event. Limited seating. Tickets: right-to-life-2014-spring-fundraising-event-tickets
· Carlos Alfero Of The Libra Initiative will address the Arizona Project at 6:30 pm, Mon, May 23 at 3375 E Shea Blvd, Phx. Contact: Ron Ludders 602-677-1496
· The Arizona Right to Life's 2014 Gala with Hugh Hewitt at 6 pm, May 22 at Xavier High School Auditorium with panelist Penny Young Nance, Nik Nikas, Vermon Pierre, and Shane Krauser. $20 admission. $100 VIP – catered reception. Register at www.AZRTL.ORg
· An Ice Cream Social With LD28 House Candidate Shawnna Bolick, hosted by Jim Chamberlain and Norman McClelland, scheduled at 4 pm, Thur., May 22 at the Arizona Country Club, 5668 E Orange Blossom Lane, Phoenix, AZ 85018. Kid-friendly event. RSVP : info@BolickforArizona.com, or 602-842-1912. http://www.BolickforArizona.com for additional information.
· The 2014 “Star Spangled Celebration,” honoring Phoenix fallen police officers, fire fighters and veterans is scheduled from 5- 10 p.m. Friday, May 23, at Cesar Chavez Park, 7858 S. 35th Ave.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs will be featured at a ‘meet and greet’ fundraiser at the home of Sue Goodchild, 1905 W Road 2S, Chino Valley at 5 pm, May 23. RSVP Darcie at 480-437-1033 or info@RiggsforAZGOV.com www.RiggsforAZGOv.com
· A Campaign Fundraiser for Marty Hermanson, candidate for Maricopa City Council, is scheduled from 6-8 pm, Tues., May 27 at the Duke Country club, Maricopa. Speakers: Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu, Pinal County Attorney Lando Voyles, Speaker of the House Andy Tobin. RSVP -Brendahermansongarza@yahoo.com
· Www.Conservativeleadershipaz.Com Full Conservative Leadership For Arizona/Magellan Strategies Survey Results
· Arizona-Political-Insider Front-Runner Questions Dog Campaign; Labels Id "Known Liberal Republicans"
· More Funny (Re-Branding) Business From Jan Brewer Back To Her Old Tricks
· Politician Rejects Judge’s Finding In AZ AG Horne’s Case Horne Responds To Polk’s Refusal To Respect Findings Of Neutral Administrative Law Judge: “
· Were The Rosenbergs Spies Or Dupes?
New Zeal Blog
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch
FIRST AMENDENT – FREE SPEECH
· Taking-On-Koran-Now Navy Seal Rips Obama… Drops Koran On Ground
DEPT OF JUSTICE/HOLDER
GLOBAL WARMING aka Climate Change
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
· The Monterey Peninsular Rep. Women's Federated May 6th Luncheon Speaker Talked About Common Core And Agenda 21. Www.Montereypeninsularwf.Org .
SECRETARY OF STATE
· Dick-Cheney: Obama-Left-Syria High And Dry Us Credibility Undermined