- ► February (24)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ▼ May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
May 19, 2014
Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· ATTN Candidates: Candidate announcement/events are coming in without any reference to the position they are running for. Announcements without position, party affiliation and contact information, will not be posted. The volume of e-mails coming thru here every day doesn’t allow time for me to look up missing information. Don’t assume everyone knows who you are and what you are running for. Thank you for your cooperation. - Editor
· ATTENTION PCs: Message From MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro: Several people contacted me this week about strangers coming to their homes or phoning them with a series of questions about Sen. John McCain and asking whether they are running for precinct committeeman (PC) again. Some of them are offering to notarize your PC affidavit and take your signature petitions and affidavit to the County Elections Office for you. Please do not give your signature petitions or affidavit to any stranger. Either submit them in person - hand delivered to County Elections Office no later than May 28th 5 pm. Or mailed no later than May 21 to Maricopa County Elections Department, Attn: Kristi/Berta, 111 S. 3rd Ave., Phoenix AZ 85003. Postmarked May 28 doesn't count.
· Reports circulating: Reports have come to my attention that the moderate and left of center Republicans (aka RINOs) are trying to take over the Arizona Republican Party at all levels - state, county and legislative district. Reports are circulating that thousands of dollars are being spent to recruit RINOs to run as candidates for Republican PCs in the August Primary. – Chairman A J LaFaro
· MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro to Precinct Committeemen (PCs):
· If you haven't already gotten qualified, I strongly encourage you to do so this week.
· If you are one of our grassroots conservative PCs in a precinct that has fewer folks running for PC than the quota, try to recruit one or more conservative Republicans who want to get more actively involved in helping save our Republic by becoming a PC.
As conservative Republican PCs, we believe in what our Founding Fathers gave us -- a Declaration of Independence and a Constitution that say in effect that all people are naturally born free, that no person is entitled to rule another and that people may use their freedom to create political and legal order that respects and protects their rights.
You have no doubt noticed, especially lately, that some folks in both major political parties believe that it is okay to take one person's property and give it to another and that your rights are government given. These are not the ideas of conservative Republicans.
· Call to Action - Precinct Committeemen: You have 8 days to get your petition signatures to qualify for the August Primary. Here are the web addresses for the necessary paperwork:
· Affidavit - single sided, 8 1/2 by 11 page to fill out and sign with a notary public.
· Petition - 2-sided, 8 1/2 by 11 sheet for the signatures.
· 10 signatures are the maximum anyone will need. Some precincts require fewer.
· List of precincts with the numbers for PC Quota and needed signatures:
Contact: Chairman A J LaFaro email@example.com
· Arizona Corporation Commissions Bob Stump and Susan Bitter Smith will address the Arizona Republican Lawyers at 11:45 am, Tues, May 20 at Polsinelli - 1 E. Washington Ste. 1200, Phoenix, AZ 85004. Admission$20 for members, $35 for non-members. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD16 House Candidate John Fillmore requests that anyone who still has his petition nominations to contact him immediately at602-885-6691 today or tomorrow , or text an address to 602-885-6691 so they can be picked up for filing. Contact: email@example.com
· Phoenix City Councilman Bill Gates will hold a ‘coffee chat’ at 7:30 am, Tues, May 20 at the Cave Creek Golf Course, 15202 N. 19th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85023. Coffee provided. Speakers: LD20 Rep Paul Boyer, Phx Parks & Rec Deputy Dir Rob Harman and Public Works Asst Dir John Truijillo.
· A Tonto National Forest Public Meeting is scheduled from 6-8:30 pm, Wed., May 21 at the Julia Randall Elementary School, 902 W Main St., Payson. Topics: Fire/fuels/forestry/range.
· Secretary Of State Ken Bennett opened his new gubernatorial campaign office at 7000 E McDowell Rd., #102, Phx. Office hours are 9 am-7 pm, Mon-Fri., and 10 am-2 pm Sat.
· Long Time Party Activist Jan Martinson has announced that memorial services for her husband Ted will be held at 10:30 am, Wed., May 21 at the National Memorial Cemetery, 23029 N. Cave Creek Road. The American Legion and Masons will be part of the ceremony. The family welcomes all who knew Ted.
· Rep-Duncan-Hunter-Calls-On-US-To-Suspend-Military-Aid-In-Light-Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi, a 25-year-old combat veteran, was jailed in late March after he missed a freeway exit near San Ysidro, Calif., and drove into Tijuana, where Mexican authorities discovered he had three guns in his car. Although the guns were legally owned in the United States, and Tahmooressi had no intention of traveling to Mexico, he’s been jailed for more than a month.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs will be featured at a
· 1:30 pm, Thur., May 22 ‘meet and greet’ (dutch treat) at the Picnic Basket Restaurant, 436 E White Mountain Blvd., Pinetop, AZ 85935, hosted by Dee & Johnny Johnson.
· 3:30 pm, Thur., May 22 ‘meet and greet’ at The Hub Target Sports, Pawn and More, 5208 W. White Mtn Blvd, Lakeside, AZ
· 6 pm, Thur, May 22 - White Mountains Conservatives at the VFW Post 9907, 381 N Central Ave, Show Low, AZ, US, 85901 (928) 537-751.
· 5-8 pm, Fri, May 23 ‘meet and greet’ home of Sue Goodchild, 1905 W Road 2 S, Chino Valley, AZ 86323. RSVP by Thur to (928) 636-7355
· If You Have Any Signed Nominations Petitions For Diane Douglas, Supt of Public Instruction candidates, please mail to 13402 W Castle Rock Dr., Sun City West, AZ 85375 immediately. Remember to sign and fill out the back page. Please mail before May 22.
· CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten: I stand for the Constitution of the United States and recognize it as the Supreme Law of the Land. It is the greatest governing document in human history. I stand for the Bill of Rights.
· I stand for a Federal Government limited within Constitutional bounds, with the States and the People exercising the rights and responsibilities reserved to them by the Constitution.
· I stand for every American’s God-given right to liberty
· I stand for every individual’s right to pursue his or her own path in life. Every individual is born with the freedom to pursue prosperity
· I stand for every American’s right to religious freedom, to worship or not as he/she sees fit, and to be free of governmental, institutional and personal persecution based on matters of personal faith
· I stand for every American’s right to economic freedom
· I stand for Secure, American Borders
· I stand for a strong national defense and for keeping the US military as the greatest fighting force in the world.
· I stand for American exceptionalism. We are the greatest country on Earth.
· CD1 candidate Andy Tobin says challenger Gary Kiehne should exit race; response to Kiehne comments about Vietnamese-Americans and mass shootings: "With his pattern of bizarre and deeply offensive remarks, Gary Kiehne has illustrated that he lacks the temperament, character and basic common sense to not only represent Arizona in Congress, but to even get elected. He should exit this race immediately and apologize in full for all of his remarks, not just some of them. To win this district and win against the Democrats in Washington, we need a candidate with a level head – which Mr. Kiehne clearly doesn’t have based on his numerous comments. This is a pattern, and Mr. Kiehne’s own partial apology is acknowledgment of the toxicity of these comments. Suggesting that mass killings are party affiliated is beyond the pale and insulting to the families and victims of these senseless killings. All of this raises the question: What other incendiary remarks has Mr. Kiehne made on tape that Democrats are waiting to release if he’s the nominee? I have every confidence that Republican voters will reject such an offensive candidate. But, if he somehow wins the nomination, Mr. Kiehne will not only ensure Ann Kirkpatrick’s re-election, but he will be an anchor around the neck of every other Republican candidate in the state, from Governor on down." Kiehne’s comments here.
· The Paradise Republican Women Will Meet At 11 Am, Sat., June 14 at the Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Drive, Scottsdale AZ 85258. Noon luncheon. Candidate forum: Gubernatorial candidates Doug Ducey, Christine Jones, and Al Melvin, Treasurer candidate Hugh Hallman, Supt of Public Instruction candidate incumbent John Huppenthal, CD9 candidate Andrew Walter, and LD23 candidates Rep Michele Ugenti, Chuck Schmit, Bob Littlefield, Effie Carlson, John Strasser and Jay Lawrence. Reservations required by June 10. Checks payable PRWC with menu choice. Mail to: Linda Brickman,19425 N. 36th Way, Phoenix, AZ 85050 . www.paradiseprwc.eventbrite.com
· The Paradise Republican Women’s Candidates Forum & Fiesta is scheduled at 5 pm, Sat., July 26 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale. 4 pm Social $20 Early Bird Tickets (by 7/11/14) Click HERE for your tickets!
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter is expanding office hours starting Sat., May 24 with a pancake breakfast between 9-10 am at 1243 E. Broadway Rd. #105, Tempe, AZ 85282. New hours are 9 am-8 am, Mon-Thur., and from 9 am-5 pm, Fri & Sat.
· Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Diane Douglas is the speaker scheduled at the 11:30 am, May 20 Pima County Republican Club luncheon at Sabbar Shriner Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd – Lunch $11.
· A Fundraiser For Reps Heather Carter And Kate Brophy McGee, with State Historian Marshall Trimble, is scheduled at 4:30 pm, May 20 at the home of Courtney and Chuck LeVinus, 726 Encanto Dr., Phoenix.
· Arrowhead Republican Women will host Constitutional speaker Shane Krauser at 5 pm, May 20 fundraiser dinner at the Briarwood Country Club, 20800 N. 135th Ave., Sun City West. Students welcome. Adult meals $40 per person or $70 per couple. Student (18 yrs and younger) $15 per person. Proceeds will support education and scholarship efforts of the club. Dress code is business attire per country club policy – no jeans allowed. Reservations required.Tickets: Nancy Margaritas 623-322-0108.
· The Tucson Eastside Republican Club will host CD2 candidate Shelley Kais and Secretary of State candidate Justin Pierce at 6 pm, May 21, at the49ers Country Club Rincon Grill, 12000 E Tanque Verde, Tucson.
State Treasurer Candidate Randy Pullen and guest Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Apairo will appear at 5:30 pm, May 21 at the Mountain Oyster Club, 6400 E El Dorado Circle, Tucson, hosted by Supervisor Ray Carroll, David Mehl, and Alan Norville. Co-hosts $1,000. Suggested contribution $50. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org
· A Sen. Michele Reagan For Secretary Of State Fundraiser is scheduled at 6:30 pm, May 21 at the home of Fred and Heather Wagonhals, 5842 E Redwing, Paradise Valley. Hosts: Jane Hull, Betsey Bayler, Chanrda Bonfiglio, Jim & Terry Marrion, George Weisz, Kelsey Lundy Wendy Briggs, Kathey Senseman, Becky Hill, Allison Bell, Nicole Bidwill, Barbara Meaney, Kevin DeMenna, Doug Yonko, Gretch Kitchel, Ryan O’Daniel and Eric Luoma. Live entertainment and ice cream desserts.
· An “ACT For America” meeting is scheduled at 6 pm, May 21 at the Nanini BranchLibrary, 7300 N. Shannon Road, Tucson.
· Palo Verde Republican Women's Club Will Host A Gubernatorial Candidates Luncheon Forum May 21 at McDowell Mountain Golf Club, 10690 E. Sheena Drive, Scottsdale. Candidates include Ken Bennett, Doug Ducey, Dr. John Molina, Frank Riggs and Scott Smith. Forum moderator is Tyler DiGrazia, a Young Republican from Arizona State University. Lunch at 11:30. Program at noon. Guests welcome. $25 per person. Reservations required. RSVP: Edith Stock email@example.com before May 18.
· A Reminder To Politically Involved State Employees: See state restrictions (Arizona’s “mini-Hatch Act”) at A.R.S. § 41-752. http://www.azleg.gov/ars/41/00752.htm The public policy behind these limitations is at A.R.S. § 41-752(K).
· CD1 Candidate Adam Kwasman Schedule:
· May 22- 7 pm, Pick up a Sign Party, 13052 N Woosnam Way, Oro Valley, AZ 85755. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
· May 28 - Hot Dogs and Apple Pie in the Park, 6 pm, May 28, Riverfront Park, Oro Valley, 551 W. Lambert Lane, Oro Valley, AZ.
· CD2 Candidate and Right To Life supporter Chuck Wooten is attending the Arizona Right to Life 2014 Spring Fundraising Event & VIP reception on May 22nd at 6pm. The gala is being held at the Xavier High School Auditorium, 4710 N. 5th St., Phoenix, AZ.
· The Arizona Right to Life's 2014 Gala with Hugh Hewitt at 6 pm, May 22 at Xavier High School Auditorium with panelist Penny Young Nance, Nik Nikas, Vermon Pierre, and Shane Krauser. $20 admission. $100 VIP – catered reception. Register at www.AZRTL.ORg
· An Ice Cream Social With LD28 House Candidate Shawnna Bolick, hosted by Jim Chamberlain and Norman McClelland, scheduled at 4 pm, Thur., May 22 at the Arizona Country Club, 5668 E Orange Blossom Lane, Phoenix, AZ 85018. Kid-friendly event. RSVP : info@BolickforArizona.com, or 602-842-1912. http://www.BolickforArizona.com for additional information.
· Robert Robb Horne Not Getting Fair Shake In Inquiry
· More Funny (Re-Branding) Business From Jan Brewer Back To Her Old Tricks
· Politician Rejects Judge’s Finding In AZ AG Horne’s Case Horne Responds To Polk’s Refusal To Respect Findings Of Neutral Administrative Law Judge: “
ARIZONA FREEDOM ALLIANCE
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch
FIRST AMENDENT – FREE SPEECH
DEPT OF JUSTICE/HOLDER
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
SECRETARY OF STATE