- ► February (25)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ▼ May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
May 21, 2014
· Call to Action - Precinct Committeemen: You have 6 days to get your petition signatures to qualify for the August Primary. Here are the web addresses for the necessary paperwork:
· Affidavit - single sided, 8 1/2 by 11 page to fill out and sign with a notary public.
· Petition - 2-sided, 8 1/2 by 11 sheet for the signatures.
· 10 signatures are the maximum anyone will need. Some precincts require fewer.
· List of precincts with the numbers for PC Quota and needed signatures:
Contact: Chairman A J LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
· ATTENTION PCs: Message From MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro: Several people contacted me this week about strangers coming to their homes or phoning them with a series of questions about Sen. John McCain and asking whether they are running for precinct committeeman (PC) again. Some of them are offering to notarize your PC affidavit and take your signature petitions and affidavit to the County Elections Office for you. Please do not give your signature petitions or affidavit to any stranger. Either submit them in person - hand delivered to County Elections Office no later than May 28th 5 pm. Or mailed no later than May 21 to Maricopa County Elections Department, Attn: Kristi/Berta, 111 S. 3rd Ave., Phoenix AZ 85003. Postmarked May 28 doesn't count.
Reports circulating: Reports have come to my attention that the moderate and left of center Republicans (aka RINOs) are trying to take over the Arizona Republican Party at all levels - state, county and legislative district. Reports are circulating that thousands of dollars are being spent to recruit RINOs to run as candidates for Republican PCs in the August Primary. – Chairman A J LaFaro
· Gov Jan Brewer will hold a news conference to address Arizona’s child safety system at 10 am, Thur., May 22 at the Arizona State CapitolExecutive Tower – 2nd Floor Conference Room, 1700 W. Washington St., Phoenix .
· All 29 City Of Phoenix Swimming Pools open Sat, May 24. The pools will be open for the Memorial Day weekend May 24 to May 26, and then reopen for full summer operating hours, including weekdays, on May 31. The 2014 season runs through July 27. Regular hours will be 1 to 7 pm six days a week (all pools are closed Fridays).poolsopen
· Congressman Paul Gosar will host a Joint Field Hearing on EPA Overreach at 10 am, June 2 at the Arizona State Capitol, Senate Hearing Room 1, 1700 W Washington St, Phoenix, AZ 85007. Click HERE for more information.
· LD29 House Candidate Aaron Borders has turned in 65% more petitions than required to qualify to be on the ballot. After the swearing in of his signature, Borders said: " I am humbled by all of the support I have seen for my candidacy in our district by Republicans, Democrats, and Independents alike . I look forward to earning the vote of the great people in our district with my pledge to represent them with a 'solutions over politics' strategy so I can bring commonsense solutions to the AZ Capitol." Also don't forget to check out his debate performance , it is one you have to see to believe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJxogZRHyww Borders is a Financial Specialist, Risk Management Auditor - Government Affairs Representative for NAIFA, West Valley and Local Radio Personality 1010AM (Talk Financial Strategies)Mon. Wed. Fri. 4-4:30
· The Gila County Republican Committee Has Only 200 Tickets To Sell For Its Cash Raffle. First prize is $2,000, 2nd prize is $1,000 and 3rd prize is $500. Winners will be drawn over the Memorial Day weekend. Contact: GCRC Chairman Gary Morris 602-803-7366.
· LD6 House Incumbent Brenda Barton: Thanks to the work of the Barton Brigade, we now have over 800 signatures to file so I may run for re-election. This is so overwhelming and I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for your hardwork and more importantly your trust! This great news is what drives me to fight for you. One of the issues I have fought for since day one at the Capitol is protect Arizona's natural beauty for generations. It breaks my heart to see Oak Creek Canyon burn especially since this is only the start of the fire season. My legislation this year was to appropriate $20 million to cleaning our state lands of the fuel load. Unfortunately it was reduced to only $1 million and the rest went to expand government agencies that are not doing their job. This is one of many issues that I want to go back to the Capitol and fight! I never forget my district and times like this remind us all what we are fighting for. Let's continue to work together and stand for District 6!
· LD215 Senate Candidate Dr. Ralph Heap needs to borrow rebar to put up signs. If you have some you can loan him, call 480-577-9094.
· Maricopa Community College District at large Candidate Augustine "Auggie" P. Bartning will be walking the South Mountain area at 5:30 pm, May 22 gathering petition signatures. Contact: Alice Lara at AliceLara@hotmail.com or 602-276-3959 for details.
· Diane Douglas, Supt For Public Instruction, asks that all signed nomination petitions be returned to her by Friday so she has time to validate them before they are submitted. Send them directly to Diane at 13402 Castle Rock Drive, Sun City, AZ 85375. Any $5 Clean Election donations will also be appreciated. Contact: 480-241-7111.
· Tempe City Council Candidate Matt Papke is calling for volunteers to turn in their nomination petitions so he can file them. Contact: (480) 242 – 2208 http://www.freetempe.com/
· Maricopa Community College District at large Candidate Augustine "Auggie" P. Bartning will be a guest on the 9 pm, Sat., May 24 Terry Gilberg show on on KFYI 550 AM http://www.apb4az.com/https://www.facebook.com/VoteAuggie Contact Alice Lara Cell: 602-796-1038 H: 602-276-3959 email@example.com
· LD23 House Candidate John Strasser is inviting volunteers to join his team as they go through District 23 collecting signatures. Give him a call (480 – 273 – 8798) or check out his website (http://johnstrasser.us) to sign up.
· LD25 Sen Candidate Ralph Heap needs volunteers to man telephones from noon until 8 pm Mon-Fri at his campaign headquarters, 3535 E Brown Road., Mesa. Greetings Volunteer. Call Don 602-284-6240 or Barbara 480-577-9094 to schedule a time.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Kent Bennett’s scheduled:
· May 23: noon – 1 pm, Phoenix Rotary, Phoenix Country Club, 2901 N. 7th St.,
· May 25: 5 pm, Flag Retirement Ceremony, Desert Christian High School, 7525 E. Speedway, Tucson.
· May 26: 8:30, Memorial Day Observance Emcee, Citizens Cemetery, Prescott.
· May 26: 3 pm, Memorial Day Observance, Surprise Radiant Church, 15522 W Paradise Lane, Surprise.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs will be featured at a
· 1:30 pm, Thur., May 22 ‘meet and greet’ (dutch treat) at the Picnic Basket Restaurant, 436 E White Mountain Blvd., Pinetop, AZ 85935, hosted by Dee & Johnny Johnson.
· 3:30 pm, Thur., May 22 ‘meet and greet’ at The Hub Target Sports, Pawn and More, 5208 W. White Mtn Blvd, Lakeside, AZ
· 6 pm, Thur, May 22 - White Mountains Conservatives at the VFW Post 9907, 381 N Central Ave, Show Low, AZ, US, 85901 (928) 537-751.
· 5-8 pm, Fri, May 23 ‘meet and greet’ home of Sue Goodchild, 1905 W Road 2 S, Chino Valley, AZ 86323. RSVP by Thur to (928) 636-7355
· CD1 Candidate Adam Kwasman Schedule:
· May 22- 7 pm, Pick up a Sign Party, 13052 N Woosnam Way, Oro Valley, AZ 85755. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
· May 28 - Hot Dogs and Apple Pie in the Park, 6 pm, May 28, Riverfront Park, Oro Valley, 551 W. Lambert Lane, Oro Valley, AZ.
Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· Eddie Cook For Gilbert City Council needs to have all of his petitions nominations returned immediately. If you've collected even one signature, please sign the back of your petition and turn it in. Your efforts are very much appreciated! Return petitions (WITH THE BACK FILLED OUT) by mail or in person to: Eddie Cook, 1760 W. Aspen Ave., Gilbert, AZ 85233. Contact: Paul Brierly, Campaign manager, Paul@VoteEddieCook.com 480-988-9311
· Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs will be filing his nominations petitions at 9:30 am, May 27, at the Secretary of State’s office, 1700 W Washington, followed by a campaign rally in the Rose Garden at the State Capitol, 19th Avenue & Washington, Phx. RSVP Darcie at 480-0000437-1033 or info@RiggsforAZGOV.com You can still sign his petitions . Sign My Petition Now!
· CD2 Candidate And Right To Life Supporter Chuck Wooten is attending the Arizona Right to Life 2014 Spring Fundraising Event & VIP reception on May 22nd at 6pm. The gala is being held at the Xavier High School Auditorium, 4710 N. 5th St., Phoenix, AZ.
· A Reminder To Politically Involved State Employees: See state restrictions (Arizona’s “mini-Hatch Act”) at A.R.S. § 41-752. http://www.azleg.gov/ars/41/00752.htm The public policy behind these limitations is at A.R.S. § 41-752(K).
· The May 22 Arizona Right To Life Spring Fundraiser ‘Blueprint For Life’ is scheduled at 6 pm at the Xavier High School Auditorium, 4710 N Fifth St., Phoenix. $20 admission. $100 VIP (reserved seating, catered reception with Hugh Hewitt and with panelist Penny Young Nance, Nik Nikas, Vermon Pierre, and Shane Krauser. Limited seating. Tickets: right-to-life-2014-spring-fundraising-event-tickets
· An Ice Cream Social With LD28 House Candidate Shawnna Bolick, hosted by Jim Chamberlain and Norman McClelland, scheduled at 4 pm, Thur., May 22 at the Arizona Country Club, 5668 E Orange Blossom Lane, Phoenix, AZ 85018. Kid-friendly event. RSVP : info@BolickforArizona.com, or 602-842-1912. http://www.BolickforArizona.com for additional information.
· The 2014 “Star Spangled Celebration,” honoring Phoenix fallen police officers, fire fighters and veterans is scheduled from 5- 10 p.m. Friday, May 23, at Cesar Chavez Park, 7858 S. 35th Ave.
· Carlos Alfero Of The Libre Initiative will address the Arizona Project at 6:30 pm, Mon, May 23 at 3375 E Shea Blvd, Phx. Contact: Ron Ludders 602-677-1496.
Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs will be featured at a ‘meet and greet’ fundraiser at the home of Sue Goodchild, 1905 W Road 2S, Chino Valley at 5 pm, May 23. RSVP Darcie at 480-437-1033 or info@RiggsforAZGOV.com www.RiggsforAZGOv.com
· CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten will address the Green Valley Republican Club at 9:30 am, Fri., May 23 at Friends in Deed, 301 W Camino Casa Verde, Green Valley. Contact: Lora Wooten firstname.lastname@example.org
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally was on Greta Van Susteren this evening discussing the Phoenix VA scandal. She called for General Shinseki to resign immediately, calling his inaction a dereliction of duty all the way around. Watch the interview Greta interview
· AG Candidate Mark Brnovich: A new poll recently released by a reputable national polling firm shows that I am leading in the polls for attorney general against incumbent Attorney General Tom Horne. The poll among likely GOP primary voters indicates 33% of the respondents are supporting me, Mark Brnovich, compared to 32% who are supporting Horne, while 35% are still undecided.The poll also shows that Tom Horne’s favorability ratings have plummeted following his scandal-ridden past two weeks with 49% of GOP primary voters now having an “unfavorable” opinion of Tom Horne, compared to 24% who have a “favorable” opinion of him. poll, click here www.Mark4AZ.com
· Sen John McCain on President Obama’s remarks on the VA scandal today: “While I am glad that after many weeks of refusing to acknowledge this widening scandal, President Obama finally saw fit to speak about it today, but his remarks are wholly insufficient in addressing the fundamental, systemic problems plaguing our veterans’ health care system. According to the latest reports, 26 VA facilities nationwide are now being investigated, and this Administration’s ineffectual response has created a crisis of confidence in our veterans’ community. We need answers, leadership and accountability, none of which we’ve seen from the Obama Administration to date. Further, Congress must act to address the systemic problems at the VA by giving its leaders greater ability to hire and fire those charged with providing care, and by giving veterans far greater flexibility in how they get quality care in a timely manner.”
· Congressman Jeff Flake: It's been over three years since Congress banned earmarks. But already there's a growing number in Congress who want to return to the practice.Of course, earmarks are individual spending projects that members of Congress are able to direct to their home districts with little to no oversight. Pork projects like the Bridge to Nowhere or the indoor rainforest in Iowa got most of the media coverage but Congress was funding thousands and thousands of similar projects when earmarking was in full swing.While it's no surprise that some in Congress would miss the power to spend with no accountability, what is surprising - or at least disappointing - is that it's not just Democrats who want to lift the ban on earmarks. Some Republicans are openly defending the practice and talking about lifting the ban.While I was a member of the House of Representatives, I spent a lot of my time fighting against earmarks. Eventually, we were able to reform the process so that members of Congress were forced to put their name next to an earmark they requested. But we didn't stop there. We continued to make a moratorium on earmarks our goal.In 2010 House Republicans instituted a ban on GOP earmarks, and when Republicans won control of the House later that year, we extended the moratorium to the entire House. Under public pressure, the Senate was soon forced to follow suit. We finally succeeded in ridding Congress of earmarks!Unfortunately, it seems that some of the lessons our party learned during our time in the political wilderness were fleeting...see rest of comment at www.jeffflake.com.
· How-Governor's-Race-Shaking-Out Green Valley News
· House Approves Bill To Speed Firings At VA
· Urgent Last Call For Petition Signatures And $5 Clean Elections Money! Click HERE To Sign Petitions.
THE RINO REPORT
ARIZONA FREEDOM ALLIANCE
· Here Are Nine Important Questions On Benghazi.
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch
· The Obama Administration Has Found A Very Backdoor Way To Go After Gun Sellers.
FEDERAL LANDS GRABS
FIRST AMENDENT – FREE SPEECH
· 70% Of Americans, Including 55% Of Democrats And Even 51% Of Blacks, Support Voter ID Laws.
· Bill-McRaven-Commencement-Speech-At-Ut Navy SEAL Commander Tells Students To Make Their Beds Every Morning In Incredible Commencement Speech
GLOBAL WARMING aka Climate Change
SECRETARY OF STATE
· Bargain: Israel refurbishing U.S. Army surplus vehicles from Iraq, Afghanistan