- ► 2018 (13)
- ► December (20)
- ► November (25)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (30)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ▼ May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
May 23, 2014
· Gov Jan Brewer: In Commemoration Of Memorial Day – and in honor of the heroes who have served and sacrificed for our country throughout history – I have ordered that all state flags be lowered to half-staff from sunrise until noon on Monday, May 26, 2014.”
· Engraved Commemorative Pavers, honoring World War II veterans, are on permanent display at the WWII Memorial in Wesley Bolin Memorial Plaza in Phoenix. For those wishing to add to the display, two sizes of memorial pavers are available: 4”x8” and 8”x8”. With a tax-deductible contribution of $125 or $500, participants may engrave up to three or six lines of text with 20 characters per line. These commemorative pavers will be positioned along the walkways between the historic gun barrels from the USS Arizona and USS Missouri, according to Secretary of State Ken Bennett. The WWII Memorial, dedicated this past December, was funded by private donations and in-kind contributions without the use of taxpayer dollars. The purchase of a paver will go to support the continued maintenance of the memorial. The Memorial includes a steel structure containing the names of the approximately 2000 Arizonans who died in the war flanked by historic gun barrels from the USS Arizona and USS Missouri which symbolically represent the beginning and end of the war. Visit www.GunsToSaluteTheFallen.com to order your commemorative paver today.
· Gov Jan Brewer: “On Monday, Arizonans and Americans will unite in remembrance and reverence of the noble men and women who have served our country, generation after generation, to secure our independence, preserve our values and defend our security. Memorial Day is a special and solemn reminder that, as President Reagan once articulated, ‘Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.’ Let us reflect on these powerful words as we pay gratitude to the soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines and Coastguardsmen who have fought – and continue to fight – to protect our uniquely American liberties. Our nation is eternally blessed to have men and women who answer the call of duty selflessly and without expectation of recognition or praise. Day after day, they wear the uniform because they are genuinely committed to something greater than themselves. Their willingness to lay down their lives is a stark but important reminder of why the United States is a truly exceptional nation.”
· Clint Hickman- Maricopa County Supervisor #4: Take time this Memorial Day weekend to remember the many men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. Some confuse Memorial Day with Veterans Day while others are unsure of the differences between these important holidays. Memorial Day commemorates the men and women who gave their life while serving, whereas Veterans Day celebrates the service of all U.S. military veterans. On Memorial Day, the flag of the United States is rapidly raised to the top of the staff then solemnly lowered to the half-staff position where it remains until noon. The flag is then raised to full-staff for the remainder of the day.The significance of the half-staff position is to remember those who gave their lives in service of their country. At noon, their memory is raised by the living to signify that their sacrifice is not in vain rather their memory rises in continuance of their fight.The National Moment of Remembrance encourages all Americans to pause wherever they are at 3 p.m. local time on Memorial Day for a minute of silence to remember and honor those who have died in service to the nation. www.maricopa.gov/dist4 602-506-7161.
· Maricopa County Supervisor Steve Chucri: As we prepare to celebrate the Memorial Day holiday, let us pause to reflect upon the selfless men and women who have honorably served our nation and made the ultimate sacrifice to allow us our freedom. We pay tribute to their memory and remain forever indebted to them for their service. We remember those currently serving, both at home and abroad, and continue to pray for their safe return. I hope you and your family have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend. www.maricopa.gov/steve 602-506-7431
· A notary is available at AZGOP Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., to help precinct committeemen needing to have their candidate affidavit notarized before taking it to the Recorder’s office before 5 pm, May 28. If you need to schedule a notary, call HQ AT (602) 957-7770 to see if they can send one to you. No charge.
· ‘America’s Forum’ Live on Newsmax TV features former AZ Congressman and telecaster J D Hayworth along with Newsmax TV’s John Bachmann from noon to 3 pm, Mon-Fri. Online: View "America’s Forum" live at: www.newsmaxtv.com
· LD5 House candidate Sonny Borrelli has filed his nominations petitions with the Secretary of States office.
· Justin Pierce, Candidate For Secretary Of State, filed over 9400 petition signatures today to get on the ballot.
· Long-Time Republican Activist John Duane Rhodes comments, “Talk about getting old our grandsons wife just had her 3rd child -- makes Kathy and I Great Grandparents 3 times over!!” Congrats John and Kathy – there is nothing like a new grandchild to watch to cuddle and spoil.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Andy Thomas reports he has filed his nominating petitions. Thomas says he is free to participate in more debates now that his scheduled open up a bit more.
· Anyone With Signature Sheets Still Out for LD8 senate candidates Irene Littleton, Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas, and Arizona Corporation Commission candidates Doug Little and Tom Forese are asked to turn them immediately so they can be filed by March 28. Go to http://www.azsos.gov/equal/ to sign petitions online and donate $5.
· Chandler School Board Candidate Jeff Amberson could also use some help. Contact: https://www.facebook.com/jeff.amberson.9?fref=ts
· Volunteers Are Asked To Meet Mickie Niland And Sandi Bartlett for a fun lunch (on your own) at 11:30 am, May 28 and then make phone calls from 1-3 pm for LD25 senate candidate Ralph Heap. Meet at the Cafe Zupas, 3420 E Baseline Rd, Mesa, AZ 85204 (NW corner of Baseline and Val Vista). Phoning will be done from Heap Headquarters: 3535 E. Brown Road suite 101 Mesa, AZ 85213 – phones and scripts provided. Contact: Sandi Bartlett 480 600 2874 email@example.com
· Congressman Paul Gosar has scheduled a Forest Health Town Hall at 3 pm, June 4 at Messinger Funeral Home, 901 S Westerly Rd., Payson, Az 85541. See flyer HERE
· Congressmen Paul Gosar and David Schweikert will conduct a Joint Field Hearing entitled “The EPA’s Unauthorized Usurpation of State and Tribal Water Rights: Cleaning up the Clean Water Act” on EPA overreach at 10 am, June 2 at the Arizona State Capitol, Senate Haring 1, 1700 W Washington St., Phx. U.S. Congressman Matt Salmon and Texas Congressman Lamar Smith) will also participate in the hearing.
· CD2 Candidates Chuck Wooten and Shelley Kais have filedd their nominating petitions for the Aug 26 primary race.
· LD 15 Incumbent Heather Carter: Today, the campaign reached a critical milestone by filing the maximum number of petition signatures, over 1600, with the Secretary of State’s office to qualify for the August 26 election. I cannot thank you enough for the tremendous support you’ve shown so far! A special thanks to those who volunteered to collect signatures. There is still much work to do but with your support and commitment to my campaign, I am confident we will come out on top in August…and November.
· Tempe City Council Candidate Matt Papke: I am elated to inform you that we filed 182% of the required signatures to appear on the ballot. This is due to the hard work our volunteer force has put forth and the desire for a true leader in Tempe. Now the hard work begins, be sure to follow us on the campaign trail as we promote the need to have a balanced budget and accountability in government. http://www.freetempe.com/
· Attorney General Incumbent Tom Horne will address the Pima County Republican Club luncheon at 11:30 am, Tues, May 27 at the Sabbar Shriner Temple, 450 W Tucson Blvd. $11 for lunch.
· Emil Franzi’s “Inside Track” can be heard from 1-4 pm Saturdays on KVOI 1030 AM.
LD23 Candidate John Strasser can use some helpers Memorial Day weekend to finalize petition signature gathering to meet the May 28 deadline. Strasser got a late start on petitions gathering because of his dedications to MCRC web needs the past couple of months. “We are within striking distance, and one big push this weekend can get it done.” You can sign my petition online at the Secretary of State’s website: http://www.azsos.gov/apps/eps/petition/sign.aspx?cid=109d866d369d4d4fb02dc277de0a1db8 “If you want my conservative values working in the legislature, forward this email on to everyone you know (email, facebook, twitter, carrier pigeon. . .) and ask them to sign my petition. I will be gathering signatures over this last week and would be honored if you would contribute some time to those endeavors. Call (480) 273-8798 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll set you up.,” Strasser said. John Strasser’s website: http://johnstrasser.us LD23 consists of portions of Scottsdale and Fountain Hills.
· Sen John McCain Will Participate in Memorial Days events in Phoenix and Sierra Vista on Mon., May 26. He will attend the 8 am ceremony at the National Memorial Cemetery of Arizona, 23029 N Cave Creek Road, Phoenix. He will then travel to Sierra Vista to attend the 4 pm, Veterans Chapel Dedication at the Southern Arizona Veterans' Memorial Cemetery, 1300 Buffalo Soldiers Trail and the 5 pm VFW Post 9972 Memorial Day Reception at VFW Post 9972, 549 Veterans Drive. Contact: Brian Rogers or Rachael Dean (202) 224-7130.
· The LD17 Candidates Roundtable is scheduled at 7 pm, Tues, May 27 at the Islands Community Center, 825 S. Islands Dr. West, Gilbert. Invited candidates include Confirmed candidates - Michele Reagan and Justin Pierce for Secretary of State, Randy Pullen and Hugh Hallman for State Treasurer, Tom Horne and Mark Brnovich for Attorney General, Diane Douglas and John Huppenthal for Superintendent of Public Instruction. $10 donation recommended. Printable Flyer HERE
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club Social will meet at 6 pm, Tues, May 27 at Hao's on Saguaro in Fountain Hills.
· Christine Jones For Government Camp: In an effort to reach as many citizens as possible, Jones has driven almost 30,000 miles and has campaigned in all 15 counties in Arizona. Christine has also participated in 30 candidate forums and debates, outlining her priorities and vision for Arizona. The campaign has amassed nearly 50,000 Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram fans. Jones has hosted 17 Second Amendment events, further demonstrating her unshakable support for our Constitutional freedoms.
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally Camp: Yesterday, the National Journal released an article of the top 10 most compelling races of 2014 and Martha's race against Ron Barber is #1. An April poll from her campaign showed her leading Barber by 3 points, a good position for a challenger this far out before November. If she wins, her military profile promises she'll play a prominent role for House Republicans. email@example.com (520) 488-4610.
· Doug Ducey For Governor yard signs at available for pick up at Ducey headquarters, 4455 E. Camelback, Suite E-260, Phoenix. To have delivered to your home, contact political director, Anson Clarkson at firstname.lastname@example.org by tomorrow morning.
· If You Haven’t Already Read The 2014 Legislative Wrap Up click here. House speaker Andy Tobin gives a run down on legislative achievements for the last session.
· Dewit For Treasure Campaign: The Magellan Strategies poll released today show Jeff DeWit as a serious contender for the office of State Treasurer. A successful CEO and Investment Professional with no political resume, who only began campaigning in February, is already neck and neck with two long-time politicians.“This confirms what our campaign has been sensing, we are building great momentum and I couldn’t be more pleased,” stated DeWit. “Voters are looking for true fiscal conservative business leaders, who will protect our taxpayer dollars and I’m the candidate in this race that fits that bill. While I have a lot of work to do, I look forward to earning the trust and support of all Arizona voters.” DeWit is a political newcomer and is running against two long-time politicians. Hugh Hallman, who for much of 2013 was running for Governor and then decided to switch to the State Treasurer race, was previously an elected official for 12 years who is currently ranked by Americans for Prosperity as a “Champion of Big Government.” The other, Randy. Pullen, has been involved in party politics for years and previously ran for the Mayor of Phoenix twice and lost. Both of Mr. DeWit’s opponents also supported the Obamacare MedicaidExpansion in Arizona, an issue that has not resonated well with Republican voters.Poll results. If the Republican primary election for Treasurer were being held today for who whom would you vote if the candidates were Jeff DeWit, Randy Pullen, and Hugh Hallman?
· Jeff DeWit 10.1%
· Randy Pullen 9.6%
· Hugh Hallman 12.2%
· CD8 Candidate Clair Van Steenwyk: “This is a statement from the campaign and would like it posted as such. I'm hoping and believing that AZ's AG will not listen to the so called leaders such as Rep. Salmon potential US Senate Candidate 2016 in the GOP, who've asked him to both step out of the Primary or even Resign from office. AG Horne should do what's right for AZ & him by Filing to run for AG and letting the Voters make the Final decision once they hear both sides that is from the Democrats and Republicrats in the GOP who've joined in and broken President Reagan's so called 11th Commandment they quote so often when needed to protect themselves, and then hopefully all the talking will stop and we can get on with the business of Restoring our State & Nation. Now Flake has Joined Salmon, guess swim in the same Murky Pond together, hated each other and now Allies, where's McCain in this, guess he has to allow his hirelings to do all the mud slinging for him. The real question for me is where were our 11 Federally elected officials when it comes to our Border, CISPA and Vets among other issues, I do believe some of them knew of the Vet problem as well since they've said it's an on going problem since 2008 when the Bush Administration spoke of it, unless of course they're all Deaf, well then Shut Up & FIX IT, No More Buck Passing by you either the President or those in Congress.” email@example.com http://www.vanushouse.com
· AG Candidate Mark Brnovich: Wednesday, Arizona Congressman Matt Salmon called on my primary opponent to get out of the attorney general’s race. I appreciate Congressman Salmon’s principled stand and his call to put the good of the party ahead of my opponent’s personal pursuits. In his statement, Congressman Salmon noted, "When someone is so mired in conflict ... it's time to move on and whether you're innocent or guilty, it's time to think what's best for the people." And yesterday, Senator Jeff Flake called for my opponent to not seek re-election: "I'm not saying he should resign, just that he should not seek re-election." My primary opponent responded with an assertion that he still has the support of grassroots conservative Republicans across Arizona and that he will not back down. Traveling around the state, meeting with so many of you, we know that we have the support of the grassroots. To date, my campaign has been publicly endorsed by over 70 Republicans grassroots leaders from across the state, including… Editor’s Note: Briefs has repeated stated that is does NOT post endorsements prior the primary.
· Call to Action - Precinct Committeemen: You have 4 days to get your petition signatures to qualify for the August Primary. Here are the web addresses for the necessary paperwork:
· Affidavit - single sided, 8 1/2 by 11 page to fill out and sign with a notary public.
· Petition - 2-sided, 8 1/2 by 11 sheet for the signatures.
· 10 signatures are the maximum anyone will need. Some precincts require fewer.
· List of precincts with the numbers for PC Quota and needed signatures:
Contact: Chairman A J LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
· Tempe City Council Candidate Matt Papke is conducting a Memorial Day Weekend Money Bomb. His campaign highlights include winning the to bring back public broadcasting for public commentary and gathering 200 signatures on the “end the food tax” petition. Papke pleads to “work to balance the budget in Tempe. I will protect the life, liberty and property of my constituents. You are on board, but I need your help to reach the thousands of voters we have not connected with yet. Already my campaign has 125 individual donors and none of my donors are PACS or Corporations. A Donation of $100 will help us to reach 238 voters directly with our message.” Papke email@example.com 480 - 242 – 2208.
· With Wildfires Burning In Various Parts Of The State Heading Into Memorial Day Weekend, the Arizona Office of Tourism (AOT), urges travelers to proceed with their plans but to remain diligent about staying informed about fire conditions:
· Incident Information System (lists current fires in Arizona): http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/state/3/
· Arizona Emergency Information Network: http://www.azein.gov/azein/default.aspx
· Arizona Interagency Wildfire Prevention: http://wildlandfire.az.gov
· Arizona State Parks Department: http://azstateparks.com/
Bottom of Form
· All 29 City Of Phoenix Swimming Pools open Sat, May 24. The pools will be open for the Memorial Day weekend May 24 to May 26, and then reopen for full summer operating hours, including weekdays, on May 31. The 2014 season runs through July 27. Regular hours will be 1 to 7 pm six days a week (all pools are closed Fridays).poolsopen
· CD3 candidate Gabby Saucedo Mercer will be walking LD13 Durango Precinct, starting at 8:30 am, May 24 in Buckey. The walkers will meet at the Chase Bank (SW corner of W Yuma/S Watson Roads). Walkers will also Get Out The Vote for LD13 incumbent Darin Mitchell, LD13 incumbent Steve Montenegro and White Tank Justice of the Peace candidate David Osterfeld. Bring water, sun screen and wear comfortable clothing and a hat. RSVP: Andrew Costanzo, firstname.lastname@example.org or 480 677-0697.
· The Andrew Walter for Congress Pancake Breakfast is scheduled between 9-10 am, May 24 at campaign headquarters 1243 E. Broad Rd #105, Tempe. Walter will speak at 9:45 am. Then the group will go block walking, making phone calls and completing mail projects.
· The Gila County Republican Committee Has Only 200 Tickets To Sell For Its Cash Raffle. First prize is $2,000, 2nd prize is $1,000 and 3rd prize is $500. Winners will be drawn over the Memorial Day weekend. Contact: GCRC Chairman Gary Morris 602-803-7366.
· LD25 Senate Candidate Dr. Ralph Heap needs to borrow rebar to put up signs. If you have some you can loan him, call 480-577-9094.
· Tempe City Council Candidate Matt Papke is calling for volunteers to turn in their nominating petitions so he can file them. Contact: (480) 242 – 2208 http://www.freetempe.com/
· Maricopa Community College District at large Candidate Augustine "Auggie" P. Bartning will be a guest on the 9 pm, Sat., May 24 Terry Gilbert show on on KFYI 550 AM http://www.apb4az.com/https://www.facebook.com/VoteAuggie Contact Alice Lara Cell: 602-796-1038 H: 602-276-3959 email@example.com
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter is expanding office hours starting Sat., May 24 with a pancake breakfast between 9-10 am at 1243 E. Broadway Rd. #105, Tempe, AZ 85282. New hours are 9 am-8 am, Mon-Thur., and from 9 am-5 pm, Fri & Sat.
· LD25 Sen Candidate Ralph Heap needs volunteers to man telephones from noon until 8 pm Mon-Fri at his campaign headquarters, 3535 E Brown Road., Mesa. Greetings Volunteer. Call Don 602-284-6240 or Barbara 480-577-9094 to schedule a time.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Kent Bennett’s scheduled:
· May 25: 5 pm, Flag Retirement Ceremony, Desert Christian High School, 7525 E. Speedway, Tucson.
Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· Eddie Cook For Gilbert City Council needs to have all of his petitions nominations returned immediately. If you've collected even one signature, please sign the back of your petition and turn it in. Your efforts are very much appreciated! Return petitions (with the back filled out) by mail or in person to: Eddie Cook, 1760 W. Aspen Ave., Gilbert, AZ 85233. Contact: Paul Brierly, Campaign manager, Paul@VoteEddieCook.com 480-988-9311
· Step By Step Process For Signing Candidate Nominating Petitions & Making $5 Contributions Online Via SOS Office – Complied by Jim O’Connor 602-538-9387 cell email@example.com
· Visit AZ Secretary of State Web Site: http://www.azsos.gov
· From menu on the left, Click on ELECTIONS.
· From menu click on UPCOMING ELECTIONS,
· Scroll down to: E-Qualify (Sign a Nominating Petition and/or Give a $5 Qualifying Contribution).
· On the bottom of that page, you may either click on the tab to Sign a Candidate Nominating Petition, or on the tab to Contribute a $5 dollar Qualifying Contribution, in sequence.
· You will then be REQUIRED to fill in your Drivers License Number, Date of Birth, First & Last Name. Complete by clicking the SUBMIT tab.
· You will then be asked to CONFIRM your address.Click YES or NO (if incorrect).
· The same process is required for making a Qualifying Contribution to Clean Election Candidates.
· Then scroll down to your candidates name, CLICK ON IT, ENTER your Email Address & CONFIRM IT.
· Next, CLICK ON the “Submit $5 Contribution Tab at the bottom of the page. Be Aware that Pay Pal charges a .47 cents transaction fee for each contribution you chose to make.
· Matt Salmon: When “Fish Becomes Fowl….” McCain’s Mouthpiece
· EPA Seeks To Grab Unprecedented Power By Congressman David Schweikert
· Be Nice To Court Clerks By JP Gerald Willaims
· AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham: Memorial Day Message: Our Freedoms As Americans Have Come With A Price. Members Of Our Armed Forces Have And Will Continue To Guarantee Our Safety And Security, And They Do So At Great Peril -- Risking Themselves For The Sake Of Their Countrymen. We Have Such An Obligation To Honor Them, We Must Remember Those Who Have Given Their Lives For Us, And Commemorate Their Respect For Our Great Nation. So Please Join Me In Praying For The Brave Men And Women Who Have Delivered Themselves, And Their Very Lives, So That We Could Enjoy Our Lives With Liberty.(From The AZGOP Newsletter).
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch
FEDERAL LANDS GRABS
FIRST AMENDENT – FREE SPEECH
· Progressive-Icon-Democrat-Party-Has-Disintegrated-Under-Obama And About Congress: 'I Wonder How Many Of Them Know Much About' Constitution
· 70% Of Americans, Including 55% Of Democrats And Even 51% Of Blacks, Support Voter ID Laws.
DEPT OF JUSTICE/HOLDER
· GOP-Blocks-Veterans-Bill Disagree With Way It Was Paid For.
· Parody From Missouri Farm Bureau! Let The EPA Know They Are Overreaching With Their Proposed "Waters Of The US" Ruling That Would Put The Feds In Charge Of Dry Washes And Puddles Everywhere. #Ditchtherule
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
SECRETARY OF STATE
· Whats-The-Worst-That-Could-Happen? Joseph Farah Sets John Kerry Straight On Realities Of Carbon Dioxide
· Obama-Mentor-Goes-Black-Yet-Again Now It's Professor Jeremiah Wright - Former Obama Pastor Lectures On U.S. Disintegration