- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ▼ May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
May 24, 2014
· Obama Ignores Torture of Pregnant Mother & U.S. Toddler Joanne Moudy
· The Conservative Russell Pearce Show goes to 6 pm, every Saturday - starting May 31, on KKNT 960AM The Patriot. Live talk. Call in at 602-508-0960 www.ThePatriot.com This evening Superintendent for Public Instruction candidate Diane Douglas discussion education, Common Core, school choice, standards, parental rights, etc. Also in studio were former Maricopa County Republican Chairman Tom Husband and Maricopa County Treasurer Deputy Director Royce Flora.
· Did you know? Gubernatorial candidate Scott Smith flies blood to rural Arizona monthly for Flights for Life?
· A Fundraiser For LD23 Sen Candidate John Kavanagh is scheduled at 7 pm, May 30 at the Lexington Hotel –Fireside Grill, 12800 N. Saguaro Blvd., Fountain Hills. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and live music by “The OK Chorale” singers. Free Italian buffett dinner and cash bar. Minimum donation $25 per person. No RVPS required. Checks can sent to: Kavanagh for State Senate, 16038 E Seminole Lane, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268.
· CD8 Candidate Clair Van Steenwyk: “I'd hoped AZ's AG Tom Horne would file and not pay any attention to those in the GOP with their Violation of President Reagan's 11 Commandment, well looks like we have what we asked for and hope all of you will not abide by the results and stay out of this and allow the voters to decide between AG Horne and anyone who chooses to run against him or continue in your snipes and help the Democrats in the General, we may have differing views on this issue but now it's up to the Voters and getting information...”
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club Social will meet at 6 pm, Tues, May27 at the
HOA Resturant, 11849 N. Saguaro Blvd., Fountain Hills.
· Call to Action - Precinct Committeemen: You have 3 days to get your petition signatures to qualify for the August Primary. Here are the web addresses for the necessary paperwork:
· Affidavit - single sided, 8 1/2 by 11 page to fill out and sign with a notary public.
· Petition - 2-sided, 8 1/2 by 11 sheet for the signatures.
· 10 signatures are the maximum anyone will need. Some precincts require fewer.
· List of precincts with the numbers for PC Quota and needed signatures:
Contact: Chairman A J LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
· Maricopa County Supervisor Clint Hickman submitted 1,732 signatures (867 signatures were required) to the Maricopa County Recorder’s office yesterday morning. Incumbent Hickman represents West Valley District 4. Unanimously chosen in March 2013 to fill the vacancy created when Max Wilson resigned, he has officially launched his first election campaign for public office. Hickman observes “I was appointed as the Supervisor for District 4, and now I am asking for the voters to keep me so I can continue the work I love. These are exciting times in the West Valley, and I am grateful to be in a front row seat on the future. I am a fourth-generation Arizonan and I take pride in being an ambassador for the west side. It’s a great place to both live and make a living. I want to thank everybody who has helped with my campaign so far. The support and encouragement have been tremendous, and we appreciate everything that is being done on my behalf. I also want to recognize the efforts of my mother, Gertie Hickman, who is my campaign ‘chairmom.’ Watching her in action leaves no doubt that she was a major force in creating our family business. She’s amazing.” Clint Hickman is vice president of sales and marketing for Hickman’s Family Farms, Arizona’s largest commercial egg producer, established originally in 1944. He is currently Honorary Commander of the 69th Fighter Squadron at Luke Air Force Base, a member of the Hunger Project, the Arizona and Maricopa County Farm Bureaus, and a board member of the Arizona Food Marking Association. He is a graduate of Peoria High School and the University of Arizona. Hickman and his wife, Jennifer, are the parents of three young children. The family resides in Goodyear.
· CD3 candidate Gabby Saucedo Mercer will be walking Estrella Foothills in LD4 starting at 8:30 am, May 26 in Goodyear. Volunteers will meet at the Starpointe Residents Club, 17665 W. Elliot Rd Goodyear, AZ 85338 (W. Elliot, just west of S. Estrella Parkway). They will also get We will also Get Out the Vote for Constance Uribe (AZ Senate, LD 4), Richard Hopkins (AZ House, LD 4) and David Osterfeld(Justice of the Peace, White Tank Precinct). Bring water, sun screen and wear comfortable clothing and a hat. RSVP to, Andrew Costanzo, , email@example.com or 480 677-0697.
· Arizona Project Will Meet At 6:30 May 27 in instead of May 26 (due to Memorial Day) to hear constitutional attorney Shane Krauser discuss the Bill of Rights – a continuation of his seminar at 3375 S Shea Blvd., Phx. Contact: Chairman Ron Ludder 602-677-1496
· Senators John McCain And Jeff Flake today released the following statement on the President signing H.R. 862 into law. This enables the Forest Service to correct a mapping error that accidentally places several homes of the Mountianare community on national forest land. The affected homeowners may not have been able to rebuild if the Slide Fire damaged their homes because, due to this error, they technically do not own the land. The new law allows the homeowners to purchase the underlying federal land directly from the Forest Service. “With the Slide Fire still burning near Mountianare and surrounding homes, I’m grateful that the White House moved quickly to sign this bill into law,” said McCain. “We now call on the Administration to work with Coconino County to implement this law swiftly so that it will provide the affected communities with the protection intended under this law.” “Today's signing puts the onus on the Forest Service to promptly implement this measure, closing the door on the unnecessary stress created by a half-century old surveying error,” said Flake. “Likewise, Congress must now shift its focus to quickly addressing the catastrophic wildfire epidemic plaguing the West."
· Congressman David Schweikert voted “No” on USA Freedom Act: Original version of the act was a strong step forward in reforming domestic surveillance activities. The most recent version brought to the House floor was full of empty promises, dismissing the chance for true measures of personal freedom and security. Online Statement & Full Bill
· Congressman Paul Gosar: On Thursday, I voted against the so-called USA Freedom Act. The original Freedom Act, of which I’m proud to have been an original cosponsor, would have prevented the federal government from unconstitutionally spying on innocent Americans, ended the bulk collection of private information and required the FISA court, which operates in secrecy, to become more transparent and operate like a real judicial court. These are necessary reforms demanded by Americans and our Constitution. The original bill provided important protections for American citizens' civil liberties. Unfortunately, however, this legislation was changed at the last minute, causing me to withdraw my support and vote against its passage. The key reforms in the original bill were stripped or weakened to such an extent that I could not in good faith continue to support it. I was not sent to Congress to be a rubber stamp for business as usual.Although the bill contains a few improvements to current law - such as minor reforms to FISA courts - the legislation was severely weakened and still permits the large-scale collection of private data without complying with basic 4th Amendment requirements. Even more maddening is the fact that a provision was snuck in to the revised bill that extends Sec. 215 of the Patriot Act through 2017. The original version of the Freedom Act let this dangerous provision expire in 2015. The Patriot Act needs a full and fair debate. Sneaking in an extension is not in the public's best interest.I am disappointed that the House accepted this watered down piece of trash, which was endorsed and pushed by the Obama administration and fails to remedy serious government abuses. Our citizens deserve a government that upholds the Constitution and protects our constituents' civil liberties and privacy. A real opportunity was missed this week to fight back against an overreaching federal government that has violated the trust and rights of its citizens. Rest assured that I will continue to fight to end this unconstitutional practice. Click HERE to read more.
· Congressman David Scweikert: I am proud to have co-sponsored and supported H.R. 4031. I believe the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) highest responsibility is to provide care and support for our nation’s heroes. VA leadership must be held accountable and I believe this bill is a step in the right direction to restoring faith and trust with our nation’s veterans.The Department of Veterans Affairs Management Accountability Act of 2014 authorizes “the Secretary of Veterans Affairs (VA) to remove any individual from the Senior Executive Service upon determining that such individual's performance warrants removal, and remove such individual from federal service or transfer the individual to a General Schedule position at any grade that the Secretary deems appropriate.” The bill also requires “the Secretary to notify the House and Senate Veterans' Affairs committees within 30 days after removing such an individual,” and notes that “such removal to be done in the same manner as the removal of a professional staff member employed by a Member of Congress.” The full bill can be read here.
· The Pinal County Sheriff’s Office has been awarded $550,878.68 in grant funding by the Arizona Department of Homeland Security (AZDOHS) to work overtime and purchase some much needed equipment for deputies who work the “Operation Stonegarden” This grant will allow the office to continue to partner with the United States Border Patrol and deny illegal access along the Arizona/Mexico drug and human smuggling corridor that traverses through Pinal County. The majority of human and drug smuggling occurs in the remote desert areas leading up to more populated areas within Pinal County. Mexican drug cartel smugglers use these remote routes, because of the terrain features and access to Interstates 8 & 10. In addition, these smugglers utilize mountain top positions to observe and report (counter surveillance) the movement and whereabouts of law enforcement. This provides the smugglers the advantage of gaining entry into the United States and passing through undetected. The grant funded equipment will assist Pinal County officers with apprehending smugglers and illegal aliens. Sheriff Paul Babeu stated, “PCSO deputies working the Operation Stonegarden detail last year alone made 395 arrests (196 felony and 199 misdemeanor). We seized 16,164.54 pounds of Marijuana, 7.3 grams of Methamphetamines, and 4.0 grams of Cocaine. We have turned over 412 undocumented illegals to the U.S. Border Patrol. Deputies have also helped to develop 495 new Intel reports and investigated 457 criminal cases. We need and very much appreciate this financial support.”
· CD9 candidate Andrew Walter: Professionals at the Phoenix Veterans Administration Hospital allegedly knowingly and willfully delayed treatment, misled and maltreated our nation’s veterans which led to the avoidable deaths of 40 veterans. This infuriates me and it should infuriate every American. After first learning of the scandal at the Phoenix VA Hospital I have advocated for an earnest pursuit of truth so those responsible will be held to account for their malfeasance. This situation illuminates an important truth: our government can’t even take care of the 6.5 million veterans who fought to defend the very existence of this nation. How then, can people expect our government to deliver quality health care to over 330 million Americans? Evidence and experience clearly suggest a centralized approach to health care cannot work. Today’s VA Health System is tomorrow’s ObamaCare. The VA Health System is pure government-run single-payer health care, and it’s an utter disaster. This system shows us that government-run health care is not compassionate or humane, it’s barbaric and corrupt. In this single-payer system human beings aren’t shown the dignity or respect they deserve. Moms and dads, sons and daughters are maltreated or, worse, left to die waiting for treatment. Congresswoman Kyrsten Sinema advocates for this type of inhumane, government-run health care system. She believes in the public option, despite all the evidence, misery, and heartbreak that it causes for patients and families. America’s health system before ObamaCare was dysfunctional. But ObamaCare left all the dysfunction in place and built an edifice upon the unstable foundation thereby exponentially magnifying the previous underlying problems. I agree with Sen. John McCain that veterans deserve to have another health care choice apart from the VA. Quality health care for our nation can be secured by repealing ObamaCare and replacing it with patient-centered health reforms that put you in control of your health care, not a government bureaucrat. If ObamaCare remains the law of the land, then it will assuredly metastasize into the devastating cancer that is the VA Health System today. Our veterans and the American people deserve better.
About CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter: Andrew Walter is a native Arizonan and starred at quarterback for Arizona State University (ASU) where he earned a BA in Communications. Andrew was selected in the 2005 NFL Draft by the Oakland Raiders and finished his career with the New England Patriots. Following his professional sports career Andrew earned his MBA from ASU, with an emphasis in finance. Andrew has had great success in the private sector as the Principal of Andrew Walter Holdings, a senior secured lending firm, and as a credit analyst for MidFirst Bank.
· Congressman Paul Gosar: On Wednesday, President Obama created a large new national monument in Dona Ana County, New Mexico. This new national monument designation is yet another example of President Obama overstepping his authority and blatantly disregarding the rule of law. Congress gave presidents the ability to designate national monuments in order to protect small, specific areas of land, not large swaths of a state. It is unacceptable for a president to abuse this authority and I will do everything in my power to rein in this practice and fight this overreach. In addition, by creating this monument, the President ignored the very real possibility that it will endanger the lives of American citizens. Since the Border Patrol is not allowed to patrol national monument lands, this monument will become a safe haven for the smuggling of drugs and illegal immigrants, endangering the lives of countless people. The President's apparent disregard for the safety of this country's citizens is simply shocking. To read more, click HERE.
· Congressman David Schweikert voted “yes” on Dept of Vets Affairs Management Act of 2014: I am proud to have co-sponsored and supported H.R. 4031. The VA has a responsibility to our veterans.This bill's authorization to remove any individual in executive leadership is a common sense answer to an unfortunate problem Online Statement & Full Bill
· Contact Your Congressman. Let them know your anger over yet another scandal that has taken the lives of unknown numbers of Americans. Our veterans deserve better.
· Sen John McCain R 202-224-2235 mccain.senate.gov
· Sen Jeff Flake R 202-224-3421 flake.senate.gov
· Rep Ann Kirkpatrick (D1) 202-225-3361 kirkpatrick.house
· Rep Ron Barber (D2) 202-225-2542 barber.house.gov
· Rep Raul Grijalva (D3) 202-225-2435 grijalva.house.gov
· Rep Paul Gosar (R4) 202-2225-2315 gosar.house.gov
· Rep Matt Salmon (R5) 202-225-2635 salmon.house.gov
· Rep David Schweikert (R6) 202-225-2190 schweikert.house.gov
· Rep Ed Pastor (D7) 202-225-4065 house.gov/pastor
· Rep Trent Franks (8) 202-225-4576 franks.house.gov
· Rep Kyrsten Sineman (D) sinema.house.gov
· The Wickenburg Republican Club will not meet on May 26 due to the Memorial Weekend. Maricopa County Supervisor Clint Hickman will address the group at the June 23 meeting.
· The Gila County Republican Committee Has Only 200 Tickets To Sell For Its Cash Raffle. First prize is $2,000, 2nd prize is $1,000 and 3rd prize is $500. Winners will be drawn over the Memorial Day weekend. Contact: GCRC Chairman Gary Morris 602-803-7366.
Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· Amnesty: King Obama Poised To Bypass Congress More Executive Order Tyranny
ALLEN B WEST
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch
· Our Clueless Leader VA Scandal Shows Obama Is Out Of The Loop — Again.
· NY-Muslim-Says-Justified-Killing-Wife-For Cooking Lentils Instead Of Goat: “He Comes From A Culture Where He Thinks This Is Appropriate Conduct..."
· US-Dollar-Losing-Reserve-Currency-Status China And Putin May Have Just Screwed America’s Future, And Your Retirement With It
· White-House-Sued-Over-Possible-Hatch-Act-Violations Judicial Watch Seeking Records On Rahm Emanuel, Jim Messina Investigations