- ► March (22)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ▼ May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
May 29, 2014
· Services For Former Senator Tom Smith Are Scheduled At 10 Am, Fri., May 30 at Our Lady of Perpetual Help on Miller Road – reception follows. Burial will be private. . Smith, who passed away this weekend, was a LD28 precinct committeeman. He was formerly from the old LD26 Kaibab precinct (east Phoenix and Paradise Valley). He was a Colonel in the Marines, former Scottsdale School District principal, and a longtime party activist promoting “honesty and integrity”. Smith was the legislator behind the establishment of the “AZ Governor’s Study Committee on Firearms Safety and Sport Shooting Ranges” Est October 2000, that resulted in the ARS in Title 17 that provided protection to shooting ranges. He was a champion of shooting and of the Ben Avery Shooting Facility, operated by the Arizona Game and Fish Dept on the north side of the Carefree Highway/I-17. If it weren’t for his efforts, things would be a lot different in AZ now with the future of shooting ranges, according to a retired AZGF officer. His passing is a great loss to the Arizona firearms owners and the Republican Party.
· MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro: Individuals who want to be PC write-ins will need to complete the PC Affidavit for Write-Ins and submit it to Elections between May 29th and June 11th. http://recorder.maricopa.gov/web/precinctcommitteemen.aspx . Early Ballots Go Out July 31.
· Arizona candidates that filed: http://www.azsos.gov/election/2014/primary/FullListing.htm
· Maricopa County candidates filed: http://recorder.maricopa.gov/web/pdf/2014CANDIDATELISTING.pdf
· The Maricopa County Republican Committee Executive Guidance Committee will meet at 7 pm, Thur., June 5 at State Headquarters, 3501 N. 24th St., Signs ins at 6 pm. All possible guests are required to sign up. Only registered Republicans with a valid photo ID will be admitted. No news media, audio and/or video recording will be allowed. Johnathan Paton is scheduled to address “Yes on 122 at 7:25 pm. Http://Yeson122.Com/ All 20 LD Chairmen provide updates on district activities. The MCRC EGC will meet against on Thur., July 3. Contact: Chairman A J LaFaro firstname.lastname@example.org
· A Fundraiser For LD23 Sen Candidate John Kavanagh is scheduled at 7 pm, May 30 at the Lexington Hotel –Fireside Grill, 12800 N. Saguaro Blvd., Fountain Hills. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and live music by “The OK Chorale” singers. Free Italian buffet dinner and cash bar. Minimum donation $25 per person. No RVPS required. Checks can be sent to: Kavanagh for State Senate, 16038 E Seminole Lane, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268.
· May 30 is the deadline for making reservations for the Arrowhead Republican Women Republican Candidates’ Forum is scheduled from 2:30-5 pm, Sat., June 7 at the Briarwood Country Club. Forum Begins Promptly at 3pm. Candidate line-up includes:
· Governor: Ken Bennett, Doug Ducey, Christine Jones, Al Melvin, John Molina, Frank Riggs, Scott Smith
· Attorney General: Mark Brnovich, Tom Horne
· Secretary Of State: Justin Pierce
· Corporation Commission: Tom Forese, Bonnie Katz, Doug Little, Lucy Mason, Vernon Parker
· Treasurer: Jeff Dewitt, Hugh Hallman
· Superintendent Of Public Instruction: Diane Douglas
· House LD22: David Livingston, Phil Lovas
· House LD21: Rick Gray, Bryan Hackerbarth, Tony Rivero
· Senate LD21: Debbie Lesko (Running For State Senator),
· Maricopa County Supervisor: Sandra Dowling, Clint Hickman
· Clerk Of The Courts: Michael Jeans
· Congress: Trent Franks, Clair Van Steenwyk
RSVP to Peg Moore at 623-694-5852 or email Peg at email@example.com by May 30.
· Sen John McCain will participate in a Employee Town Hall at 1:30 pm, Fri., May 30 at MD Helicopter, 4555 E McDowell Road., Mesa.
· CD24 House Candidate Lei Lani Cortez yard signs will be available sometime this week. She needs volunteers to place them around LD28. Volunteers can either call 602 418-1917 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LD28 House Candidate Shawnna Bolick yard signs are available for distribution. Contact: www.BolickforArizona.com
· The City Of Prescott Will Be Celebrating Sesquicentennial (150th Birthday) the weekend of May 30 to June 1, 2014. The Celebration will start with a formal ceremony and proclamation at 5 pm on the north side of Courthouse Plaza on Friday afternoon followed by a 150′ birthday cake and music. Details tba.
· CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten schedule: email@example.com
· May 31: 9 am –Walking Precinct 229
· May 31: 6 pm, Rincon Valley Cowboy Church, 13401 E. Old Spanish Trail, Tucson
· June 2: 10 am - Round table discussion of the EPA, State Capitol, Senate Rm.1
· June 5: 9:30 am - Meet and greet, Nanini Branch Library, 7300 N. Shannon Rd. Tucson.
· CD1 Adam Kwasman Schedule: firstname.lastname@example.org
· May 31: 3 pm, Meet & Greet, 1328 E. Prickly Pear Dr., Casa Grande.
· June 5: 4 pm, CD1 Forum, Oro Valley Library
· June 7 :10 am, Meet & Greet, 15876 S Hilo Circle, Arizona City.
· June 9: CD1 Debate (KAET TV)
· June 12: 4:30 pm, Meet & Greet, La Quinta Inn, Flagstaff, AZ.
The Arizona Tea Party State Convention will be conducted from 8 am to 4 pm, Sat., May 31 in at the Sun City West Foundation—Webb Room; 14465 W. R.H. Johnson Blvd, Sun City West, AZ 85375. Free admission. Lunch provided. Click Here To Register (Free)
LD17 Will Walk The Carla Vista Precinct, starting at 8:45 am, Sat/. May 31. Meet at the parking lot of Western States Bank, 976 W. Chandler Blvd. SE corner of Chandler and Alma School. Bring: Smart Phone, Ipad/Tablet & Charger (backup maps will be provided for those who do not have smart phones) Clipboard, Petitions, Pen, Water, Hat & Sunscreen. Contact: Tyler Bowyer 480-239-0025 email@example.com
· Dr. Ralph Heap, Candidate For LD25 House, is hosting a “thank you” breakfast for his volunteer workers between 8:30-10 am, Sat., May 31 at headquarters, 3535 E Brown Road, Mesa. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Democrats Have Us Out Numbered In CD 3. Volunteers are asked to join the Get Out the Vote for Gabby Saucedo Mercer, the pro-jobs, pro-family, pro-America candidate for CD 3, Constance Uribe (LD4 Senate), Richard Hopkins (LD4 House) and David Osterfeld (Justice of the Peace, White Tank Precinct), at 8:30 am, Sat., May 31 to walk the LD4 Estrella Foothills precinct in Goodyear. They will meet at the Starpointe Residents Club, 17665 W. Elliot Rd Goodyear, AZ 85338 (W. Elliot, just west of S. Estrella Parkway).
Bring water, a clip board, sun screen and an extra friend. Wear patriotic, comfortable clothing and a hat. Don't worry if you have never done this before, we will team you with someone who has. RSVP or learn about opportunities to volunteer by contacting Andrew Costanzo at, email@example.com or 480 677-0697.
· The Conservative Russell Pearce Show goes to 6 pm, every Saturday - starting May 31, on KKNT 960AM The Patriot. Live talk. Call in at 602-508-0960 www.ThePatriot.com Also in studio were former Maricopa County Republican Chairman Tom Husband and Maricopa County Treasurer Deputy Director Royce Flora.
· A Reception Supporting Texas Congressman Lamar Smith With Congressmen David Schweikert, Matt Salmon, Paul Gosar, and Trent Franks is scheduled at 5 pm, Mon., June 2 at the Arizona Rock Products Association, 916 West Adams Street, Phx. RSVP to Oliver Schwab @ firstname.lastname@example.org 5 pm VIP Round table $2,500 Host/$1,000. 5:30 pm General Reception $250 Individual.
· The NW Conservatives plans a Candidate Forum for gubernatorial, Attorney General Secretary Of State, State Treasurer And Supt of Public Instruction candidates on between 5-8 pm, June 5 in the Oro Valley Library, (SE corner of La Canada & Naranja) Contact: Sherese Steffens, Becky Page, Shirl Lamonna, Dee Pfeiffer, Frank Olivieri, Dwayne Koval, Grady Rhodes, Maria Elena Leeper Pimacountyteapartypatriots@gmail.com
· A ‘Meet And Greet’ Is Scheduled For CD24 House Candidate Lei Lani Cortez from 2-4 pm, June 8 at 318 W Coronado, Phx. Host Committee: Bob & Cindy Thomas, Bob & Nina Marlow, Ron Ludders and Beth Jamison. Pick up yard signs and palm cards. Light refreshments will be served. email@example.com
· LD25 Sen Candidate Ralph Heap needs volunteers to man telephones from noon until 8 pm Mon-Fri at his campaign headquarters, 3535 E Brown Road., Mesa. Greetings Volunteer. Call Don 602-284-6240 or Barbara 480-577-9094 to schedule a time.
· Congressman Paul Gosar and David Schweikert will conduct a Joint Field Hearing entitled “The EPA’s Unauthorized Usurpation of State and Tribal Water Rights: Cleaning up the Clean Water Act” on EPA overreach at 10 am, June 2 at the Arizona State Capitol, Senate Haring 1, 1700 W Washington St., Phx. U.S. Congressman Matt Salmon and Texas Congressman Lamar Smith) will also participate in the hearing.
· Congressman Paul Gosar Sked:
· June 2: 10 am, Joint Field Hearing on EPA Overreach - Arizona State Capitol, Senate Hearing Room 1, 1700 W Washington St, Phx. See flyer Click HERE
· June 3: 1-4 pm, Kingman Staff Office Hours, Kingman District Office, 220 N 4th St,. Kingman, AZ 86401. Gosar will not be in attendance. See flyer Click HERE
· June 4: 3 pm, Forest Health Town Hall, Messinger Funeral Home, 901 S. Westerly Rd., Payson, AZ 85541. See flyer Click HERE.
· Doug Ducey For Governor Yard Signs at available for pick up at Ducey headquarters, 4455 E. Camelback, Suite E-260, Phoenix. To have delivered to your home, contact political director, Anson Clarkson at firstname.lastname@example.org by tomorrow morning. Bottom of Form
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter is expanding office hours at 1243 E. Broadway Rd. #105, Tempe, AZ 85282. New hours are 9 am-8 am, Mon-Thur., and from 9 am-5 pm, Fri & Sat.
· A Reminder To Politically Involved State Employees: See state restrictions (Arizona’s “mini-Hatch Act”) at A.R.S. § 41-752. http://www.azleg.gov/ars/41/00752.htm The public policy behind these limitations is at A.R.S. § 41-752(K).
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs On Illegal Immigration: “I strongly disagree with President Obama's use of executive orders to grant amnesty and legalize illegal immigration by decree, which he and his administration call "deferred action" and "parole in place. I support and would continue Gov. Jan Brewer's order banning undocumented immigrants from obtaining Arizona driver's licenses. I also strongly support the provisions of SB 1070 that would allow a local law enforcement officer to detain and arrest an individual when they have probable cause to believe that person is an illegal alien violating our country's immigration laws. Our state and national border with Mexico is not secure. Securing the border is a matter of national defense, the most important responsibility of the federal government, and of public safety, the most important responsibility of state government. I'm an Army veteran who served as a military policemen and military police investigator. I'm also a former police officer and deputy sheriff. No other candidate for governor has my combination of military and law enforcement experience. I'm prepared to lead our state national guard as commander-in-chief and will secure our border with Mexico, with or without the help of the federal government.
· LD28 Candidate Shawnna Bolick: On May 23 our campaign filed for the August primary ballot with over 1,000 signatures from across Legislative District 28. We filed more than double the statutory minimum requirement. I am honored to have such broad based support of my candidacy throughout our legislative district and across our great state. I am humbled to have met with many of my fellow neighbors over the past several months listening to their concerns while exchanging personal stories and building trust. My plan to make Arizona more prosperous has been very well received and I look forward to working with everyday citizens to devise common sense solutions. A big thank you to everyone who has helped our campaign effort, especially our family and friends. Our winning team, strategy and game plan will see us across the Republican primary and through the general election. Our momentum continues to build as endorsements roll in every day and our focus is set on beating the Democrat in November. In case you missed some of our endorsements, please visit our website here. To show your support, you can request a yard sign! Please submit your request here and we'll be sure to get one (or two) to you. Finally, early voting begins in 60 days so we need your help today. With less than two days left of May we could sure use your help in reaching our online fundraising goal. We are about $2,782 short of our goal. Together, we will prevail! visit www.BolickforArizona.com
CD2 Candidate Andy Tobin: Following recent reports regarding the tragic mismanagement of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), it is critical that we unite in demanding the resignation of VA Secretary Eric Shinseki. While I respect Shinseki’s service to our country, he has grossly mismanaged the Department of Veterans Affairs, resulting in the senseless deaths of our brave veterans. We must demand accountability and he must resign. Furthermore, Ann Kirkpatrick should immediately join the 20 House Democrats and the 61 House Republicans in demanding Shinseki’s resignation. Kirkpatrick is Arizona’s only member of the House Veterans Affairs Committee! Again, it appears that Pelosi won't let her stand up to Obama and Shinseki. When I am elected to Congress, I will never stop fighting for accountability and I will always fight for our veterans. It’s time that Kirkpatrick stand up or we will send her packing… again.
· Gubertnatorial Candidate Doug Ducey: The campaign is going great. You've no doubt seen our ads on television, and on Tuesday I went to the Secretary of State's office and officially filed almost three times the number of signatures needed to qualify for the ballot. Our message of smaller government, lower taxes, and standing up to Barack Obama is really working with voters — I just need to ensure we have the money and resources to spread the message! Primary Day is closer than you think. In fact, in just two months early ballots will be mailed to voters for the Republican primary.We've got momentum, but running a statewide campaign is expensive and I need your support. Angela and the boys and I are working as hard as we possibly can. Contact: http://dougducey.com
Attorney General Candidate Mark Brnovich: Yesterday I filed for the August primary ballot with more than 14,000 signatures from across the state! This was two and a half times more than the statutory requirement, nearly double the amount of my Republican opponent, and over 600 more than the Democratic nominees initial filing. I couldn't have done this without the dedication, hard work, and financial support of voters like you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. The support we are receiving from across the state is incredible and our momentum only continues to grow. But the truth is that I still need your help to get my message out in order to restore integrity and honor to the Office of the Attorney General. The next fundraising deadline is quickly approaching at the end of May and I need to show a strong quarter as Early Voting begins in 60 days! When the smoke clears, I will remain the most qualified candidate in the race and the most representative of Arizona values. We will win this primary and we will win the General Election in November with the support of people like you. www.Mark4AZ.com
· CD2 Candidate Andy Tobin: Yesterday my campaign for Congress in Arizona’s 1st Congressional District filed 2,734 ballot signatures with the Arizona Secretary of State’s office, more than double the minimum amount needed. We also turned in significantly more signatures than either of our primary opponents. This is a key 1st step in our fight to restore conservative values to CD-1 and to send a message to Washington that Arizonans want a change in leadership. Thank you to every person who signed our petition over the last eight months! Your voices have been heard loud and clear. I am humbled by your support and vow to represent your voice faithfully when we win this election together!
· Symington-Files-Complaint-Against Anti-Horne-Effort "Dark Money Campaign" By The Arizona Public Integrity Alliance
· Child-Welfare Experts Caution New Child-Safety Agency Will Take Time
· US Consul Warns Americans Of Mexico Travel Risks “Credible Threat” To Safety And Security In And Around Nogales
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch
FEDERAL LANDS GRABS
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
SECRETARY OF STATE