- ► June (24)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ▼ June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
June 8, 2014
· Navajo County Republican Committee Resolution – May 21, 2014
Navajo County Republicans Oppose Andy Tobin as the
Republican Nomination for the U.S. House of Representatives
Navajo County Republicans are dedicated to supporting candidates and policies that promote the ideals of individual liberty, limited government, and free markets. As such, the Navajo County Republican Committee of Arizona passed a resolution on May 21, 2014 opposing Andy Tobin as the Republican nominee for Congressional District 1. Andy Tobin has ignored the conservative platform of the Republican Party, his oath to defend the United States
and Arizona Constitutions, and the principles of the Navajo County Republican voters.
· Andy Tobin authored and supported specific legislation to enact Medicaid expansion
and the further growth of the Affordable Care Act in Arizona. Andy Tobin recently
presented his own new plan that would permit Arizona to increase approximately
300,000 to the rolls of the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
as part of Arizona’s implementation of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
· Andy Tobin has voted for the unequal tax subsidization of favored large private
corporations, and has been publicly referred to as the “Corporate Welfare King of
Arizona” by fellow Republicans. Andy Tobin has also voted for Common Core
standards (HB 2425), which limits the educational freedoms of both parents and their
· Committed unionist Andy Tobin, who has been reported as previously receiving
financial aid from organized labor unions, has routinely opposed sensible reforms
directed towards both public and private sector labor unions, that have needlessly
subjected Navajo County taxpayers with the burden of increased costs and taxes that
are the direct result of organized union activities. The inflated benefits and salaries
that public labor union employees receive are passed on to taxpayers through the
legislative enactment of higher taxes, while similar inflated benefits and salaries that
private sector labor union employees (and union bosses) receive, are also passed on to
taxpayers through inflated consumer goods and services.
· The Navajo County Republican Committee is the third Republican leadership organization in the state of Arizona to recently take action against Andy Tobin. TheExecutive Guidance Committee of the Maricopa County Republicans passed a resolution opposing Andy Tobin for his "lack of support of key Republican principles by withholding key legislation and the misuse of the Republican Victory Fund," and the Pinal County Republicans also passed a similar resolution against Tobin.
The Navajo County Republican Committee is an active organization dedicated to
registering Republicans to vote, assisting to recruit and retain Precinct Committee workers,
and electing principled Republican candidates to office. The Committee works to spread the
message of Liberty and Freedom, to shift the Republican Party back to the adherence to the
rule of law and the United States Constitution, and to build a grassroots network of citizens
who champion our country’s Founding principles. – Navajo County Republican Committee Chairman Dara Vanesian (928) 358-1435 NavajoCountyRepublicans@Gmail.com
· Three Soldiers Assigned To The Arizona Army National Guard Received Purple Heart Medals Saturday morning at Camp Navajo in Bellemont, for wounds sustained during a deployment to Afghanistan in 2013. Pfc. Gino Duran, Spc. Antonio Medrano, and Spc. Leif Skoog were injured during separate incidents in September and October last year when their unit was attacked with improvised explosive devices. The three Soldiers served a nine-month deployment in support of Operation Enduring Freedom with more than 90 other members of the 819th Engineer Company. Their mission was to provide route clearance, which consisted of detecting and eliminating improvised explosive devices on roadways to ensure safe travel routes for U.S. and coalition forces in the Zabul Province. The 819th returned from their deployment Dec. 24 in time to spend the holidays with their families. More than a dozen Arizona National Guard Soldiers are still serving on federal active duty overseas, and over 12,000 Arizona Guard members have been called to federal active service since Sept. 11, 2001.
· Reminder: The MCRC EGC Straw Poll Taken Last Thursday Evening “Is NOT An Endorsement” on any primary candidate, according to Maricopa County Republican Committee Chairman A J LaFaro.
· Wonder How Your Arizona Legislators have honored their oath of office since they were elected in 2012? AzCDL has posted the voting records of all legislators on key pro-rights firearms bills for the 2013 and 2014 Legislative sessions on our website’s Voting Records page. State Representatives and Senator here.
· Candidate Yard Signs In Your Neighborhood Are Legal! The First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees your right to free speech, and state law supports homeowners' rights to display political yard signs during election season -- despite HOA rules which may try to restrict your rights. Details on the law are here (toward the end of the document) and it's clear that an HOA cannot enforce sign regulations that are more restrictive than those of the city, town or county. If you are living in an HOA and run into this situation, please visit our Facebook page and tell your side of the story. AZGOP newsletter.
· LD13’s Incumbents Legislators Darin Mitchell And Steve Montenegro (the M&M team) held a fundraiser on May 27 Mitchell’s home with 75 guests in attendance, including Congressman David Schweikert.
· Gov Jan Brewer Has Appointed Thomas Fink to the Santa Cruz County Superior Court. “With 30 years of legal experience – including criminal prosecution and defense – Thomas will bring a solid background and perspective to the justice system,” said Brewer. “I am confident he will serve the court and Santa Cruz County with fairness and distinction.” Fink served as a court-appointed mediator for Santa Cruz County Superior Court (2009-11). He has courtroom, litigation and appellate experience, including arguing in front of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals on 10 occasions and litigating 150 felony trials as both a prosecutor and a defense attorney. Fink graduated from Northwestern University School of Law (1984) and received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Michigan (1980). He has been appointed to replace the Honorable James Soto, who was recently confirmed by the United States Senate to serve as a federal judge for the U.S. District Court of Arizona.
· A Reception For Scottsdale City Council Candidate Michael Auerbach is scheduled from 5-7 pm, Wed., June 18 at the Tavern Americana, 20469 N. Hayden Rd., Scottsdale. Free appetizers, beverages. Donations welcome. RSVP:David Verwer at email@example.com or 480-889-4555 www.auerbachforcitycouncil.com
· ATTN Candidates: Candidate announcement/events are coming in without any reference to the position they are running for. Announcements without position, party affiliation and contact information, might not get posted as I don’t have time to research them. Don’t assume everyone knows who you are and what you are running for.
· Crossroads With Van will address “So Called Conservative Groups Lie” at 1 pm, Mon, June 9 at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/van-the-radio-man Call 347-857-4804 / 877-572-4283
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walters Volunteer Night is scheduled from 5-8 pm, Mon, June 9 to gather input, discuss future door knocking and phone call plans. Refreshments will be provided. RSVP here.
· The Highway 69 Republicans will meet at 6 pm, Mon, June 9 to hear gubernatorial candidate Frank Riggs and State Treasurer candidate Jeff DeWit at the Puerta Vallarta Restaurant, 11901 E. Hwy 69, Dewey AZ, 86327. RSVP: June at 928-632-4661 or firstname.lastname@example.org 5 pm social hour.
· Navy Seal Jeffery Utsch will discuss Article 5 of the US Constitution with the Arizona Project members at 6:30 pm, Mon., June 9 at 3375 W. Shea., Phoenix. Contact: Chr Ron Ludders 602-677-1496.
· The Great LD13 House Of Representative Candidates Debate is scheduled Tues, June 10 in the PebbleCreek Tuscany County Club Ball Room, 16262 Clubhouse Dr., Goodyear, featuring incumbents Darin Mitchell and Steve Montenegro and candidate Diane Landis. Check in opens at 6 pm, the meeting starts at 6:15 pm. Gubernatorial candidate Frank Riggs will speak at 6:30. The debate starts at 7 pm, moderated by KRYI talk show host Mike Broomfield. To accommodate the expect attendance, the meeting has been to the main ballroom. Chairman Robert Branch asks that questions be sent to him at email@example.com
The LD28 Candidate Forum is scheduled at 7 pm, June 10 at Madison School District Office, 5601 N. 16th St, Phoenix. Candidates include: Attorney General - Tom Horne & Mark Brnovich, State Superintendent of Education -Diane Douglas, Arizona Corporation Commission - Doug Little, Tom Forese, Lucy Mason and Vernon Parker, and Congressional candidates -Wendy Rogers and Andrew Walter. Phx. Contact: O’Connor firstname.lastname@example.org
· CD2 Candidate Shelley Kais, will speak to the Huachuca Area Republican Women’s Club luncheon Tues, June 10 at the Pueblo Del Sol Country Club, 2770 St. Andrews Dr., Sierra Vista. The group meets between 10:30 am – 1 pm. Contact: (520) 250-8481.
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter is hosting a ‘Coffee with the Candidate’ from 7:30-9 am, Tues, June 10 at the Good Egg, 4910 W. Ray Road, Chandler. Suggest attendees order breakfast to thank the Good Egg for lending us their space. RSVP to Michael@andrewwalter2014.com.
· LD25 Senate Candidate Dr. Ralph Heap is hosting a Phone Call Blitz Week with volunteers from his headquarters between noon and 8 pm, 3535 E. Brown Road #101, Mesa. Call Don at 602-284-6240 to schedule a slot to man phones or stop by an sign up.
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walters needs copy paper, water bottles, food for volunteers, a fold table and folding chairs. Michael@andrewwalter2014.com.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro: Individuals who want to be PC write-ins will need to complete the PC Affidavit for Write-Ins and submit it to Elections through June 11. http://recorder.maricopa.gov/web/precinctcommitteemen.aspx . Early Ballots Go Out July 31.
· Arizona candidates that filed: http://www.azsos.gov/election/2014/primary/FullListing.htm
Maricopa County candidates filed: http://recorder.maricopa.gov/web/pdf/2014CANDIDATELISTING.pdf
CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten schedule: firstname.lastname@example.org
· June 9: 6 pm - Meet The Candidate Town Hall, Nanini Branch Library, 7300 N. Shannon Rd. Tucson.
· June 10: American Legion Post 109 Social
· June 13: 11:30 am, Bioscience Educational Forum, UofA B105 Institute-Keating Blvd, #103.
· June 14: 2-4 pm, Fundraiser/house party sponsored by Col (retired) Ron McGrindle.
· CD1 Adam Kwasman Schedule: email@example.com.
· June 9: CD1 Debate (KAET TV)
· June 12: 4:30 pm, Meet & Greet, La Quinta Inn, Flagstaff, AZ.
· June 14: 11:30 am, Flagstaff Republican Women Flag Day Picnic, 1122 E Marina Lane, Flagstaff.
· Diane Douglas – Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Sked:
· June 9: 11:30 am, Yavapai Republican Men's Forum Luncheon, Hotel St Michael Prescott, 205 W Gurley St, Prescott.
· June 10: Superstition Mt. Republican Club, Village Inn, West Apache Trail, Apache Junction. dinner at 5:30 pm, mtg at 6:30 pm.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs: I take exception at The Arizona Republic's snide characterization of my insistence that the audience stand to salute the flag of our country and recite the Pledge of Allegiance at last Friday's "the Arizona We Want" gubernatorial forum. Under the heading of "Light moments from...governor forum," you wrote, "Riggs started his time in the hot seat by asking the room to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance." The forum was hosted by the Arizona We Want Institute and live streamed by 12 News (Brahm Resnick moderated), The Republic, and your azcentral.com platform. The Republic self-congratulatorily called it "the first high-profile forum of the election," but here's what you didn't report. The American and Arizona flags adorned the stage and were a backdrop for the interviews. During opening remarks speakers didn't ask the crowd to recite the Pledge of Allegiance. An hour into the forum (after three candidates) it came my turn to be interviewed (candidate order pre-determined).
I said I thought it was appropriate, that we stand, salute the American flag and recite the Pledge of Allegiance - especially on the 70th anniversary of D-Day, when the leaders of the western world were gathered in Normandy to recognize the incredible victory when Allied forces began to turn the tides of war against the Nazi aggressors. I've visited Omaha Beach and the U.S. National Cemetery there and experienced a powerful reminder of how much was sacrificed by our courageous servicemen in the name of freedom. We would not have the opportunity to discuss "the Arizona we want" but for the Greatest Generation who saved the world from tyranny and all since who've answered the call to serve. Saluting the flag and reciting the Pledge is one way to remember their service and to thank them for their bravery, selflessness and sacrifice.
So snicker and giggle if you want in your efforts to marginalize me, a former three-term U.S. Congressman, by making it appear that I untowardly insisted on the Pledge of Allegiance; but the Republic - which was live streaming the forum to advance its for-profit enterprises - should be embarrassed that the Flag Salute and Pledge were an oversight. The Flag of our country, which so many of our fellow Americans have given their lives defending, is not a prop, and I don't take the Pledge of Allegiance as a "light moment." If the event sponsors of a gubernatorial forum won't ensure that the event begins with the Pledge of Allegiance and the proper respect for the American flag, then I will, by God, at the risk of further ridicule by the Republic and its reporters.
· CD2 candidate Chuck Wooten: It appears the bureaucrats are still at it. This time they are trying to make a new rule to the Clean Water Act (CWA) by changing the definition of “navigable waters.” It seems harmless enough, but the impact is so harmful to Arizona, it’s shameful. On June 2, the Arizona Congressional delegation, led by Congressman Schweikert, Gosar, Salmon, Franks, Congressman Lamar Smith of Texas and State Senator Gail Griffin hosted a roundtable hearing at the Arizona State Capitol with community and industry leaders to discuss the rule proposed by the EPA and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers that will prove to be devastating to rural industry in Arizona, such as farming, ranching, home-building and land development, including Native American land. I attended in person, however none of the other candidates, Martha McSally or Shelly Kais attended. Ron Barber, the CD2 incumbent sent a representative to read a prepared non-statement explaining his absence.
The “navigable waters” definition is proposed to include non-wet waters, or in plain English, dry washes and even ditches. In addition to being absurd, it was described by Sen. Gail Griffin as, “Nothing less than an unlawful expansion of federal regulation over routine farming and ranching practices, as well as other common, private land uses, such as home building.”
The rule is yet another Obama administration attempt in circumventing Congress. The draft report, was sent for comment before finalization and is void of scientific peer-review. The EPA is attempting to shove this new rule through without any responsible oversight whatsoever.The latent effects of this rule would wreak havoc on our economy and appears intentionally designed to devastate small business. Unsuspecting owners would be fined $37,500 per day for failure to get proper permitting. This will clearly devastate ranches, farms and small businesses. www.wooten2014.com)
· CD8 House Candidate Clair Van Steenwyk: I've been listening to Candidates brag how they're rated by some Conservative Groups and use that for why you should vote for them. I see several problems with this, One is what is the standard they use, lets look at say a Candidate who Votes for CISPA, NDAA, NSA Funding to Spy on Americans, and finally to leave in the Indefinite Military Detention of any Person ( This includes American Citizens, thereby Violating their 4th Amendment Rights ), under the AUMF in the NDAA, and they rate this elected official and others very highly, this makes no Constitutional Sense, however makes Perfect Keep the Incumbent in Office Sense, which is what its' designed to do, Time to Wake Up and Check the Voting Record not a Group paid for by PACS to mislead US.
· Gosar: -Arizona-Illegal-Immigrant House Judiciary 'Very Interested' In ICE Migrant Dump
· Economic Development Director Announces Retirement Prescott Valley
· Scenes-From-D-Day-Then-And-Now After The First Photo, If You Click On The Following Photos [E. G., #2] You See How It Looks Now 70 Years Later . Click On The Photo To See The Change.
· Save The Nation: Crowley & Mccain -5 Taliban Release
· Arizona-Schools-State-Budget-Hole Education Ruling Could Put $1.7 Billion Hole In Arizona Budget
· Abortion: The Comedy? Filmdom Reaches New Low
· Common Core Forum: Burke Basic School - Sat., Aug 2, . Arizonans Against Common Core
ALLEN B WEST
· Dougducey.Com/Roadmap Ducey Claimed He Was The First To Put Out A Vision Plan But That Was Debunked On The Governor's Forum Early In TheRecording. Question: Why Do Politicians Say Things That Are So Easily Proved Wrong?
· Obama-Could-Be-Facing-10-Years-To-Life-In-Prison-Judge-Napolitano It's Certainly Clear That Obama Has Broken The Law On Countless Occasions, Nearly Daily. This Is An Interview With Judge Napolitano On What The Possibilities Are Based On His Actions On Bergdhal.
· RNC Blasts Obama's Plans For Cutting Student Loan Debt
· White-House-Claimed-For-Islam Taliban “Thrilled” That Bob Bergdahl “Claimed” The White House For Islam
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch
FEDERAL LANDS GRABS
DEPT OF JUSTICE/HOLDER