- ► February (20)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ▼ June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
June 9, 2014
· Correction: A paragraph in the Navajo County Republican Committee’s Resolution in opposition to Andy Tobin as the Republican nominee for Congressional District 1 errantly stated the Pinal County Republicans also passed a similar resolution against Tobin, according to Pinal County Chairman Seraphim Larsen. Larsen said, “To date, no such censure has taken place, nor has it come up at any of our meetings.” See compete Navajo County Resolution in the 6-8-14 Briefs at http://archives.mcrcbriefs.org/
· A ‘Stand up for Arizona Rally’ is scheduled at 2 pm, Thur., June 12 to protest the problems created by bus loads of illegals dumped in Arizona by the federal government -- without provisions or shelter over the past couple of weeks. RSVP: email@example.com 602-821-4675
· Crossroads with Van / Illegal Dumping Thanks to Our Elected Federal Officials can be heard at 2 pm, Thurs., June12 at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/van-the-radio-man The blame for the Dumping of the illegal children can be laid at the Feet of those who've been in office at anytime for the first 8 yrs. of this century at the Federal Level. Calls in 347-857-4804 or 877-572-4283.
· A Constitution Subcommittee Hearing On The State Of Religious Liberty In America is scheduled AT 2pm , Tues., June 10 at the Rayburn House Office Building, 2141 in Washington, DC. According to Congressman Trent Franks, “Thomas Jefferson once said, ‘The Constitutional Freedom Of Religion [is] the most inalienable and sacred of all human rights.’ “This belief is something that has set America apart from all other nations since the Declaration Of Independence declared nearly 240 years ago ‘that all men are created equal,’ and ‘that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights.’ We hold that humanity has a choice -- to believe or not to believe, to worship or not to worship -- and that freedom of religion is the cornerstone of all other human freedoms. Alarmingly, the previously preeminent status of religious freedom in the United States has come under attack in recent years. I look forward to hearing from the witnesses in Tuesday’s hearing about some of the unique challenges currently facing this cornerstone of freedom in the United States.” Contact: ben carnes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-579-0005.
· There were over 200 attendees and 30 candidates at the Arrowhead Republican Women’s Candidate Forum last Saturday, according to Bonnie Hochberg. Way to go ladies! Keep up the good work.
· Arizona Corporation Commission Member Susan Bitter Smith was elected President of the Western Conference of Public Service Commissioners at their convention in Seattle last week. The Western Conference is comprised of all of the Public Service Commissioners from 13 Western States. “I am very proud to have been elected President by my peers from throughout the Western States,” Bitter Smith said. “As President, one of my tasks will be to organize the annual convention next year which will be held at the Arizona Biltmore, May 30th to June 3rd, 2015. I’m glad to be able to do my part to bring a convention to Phoenix.” It has been more than a dozen years since someone from Arizona was elected President of this organization. Bitter Smith was elected to a four year term on the Arizona Corporation Commission starting in January 2013.
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter will be at The Good Egg, 4910 W Ray Road, Chandler from 7:30-9 am, Tues, June 10 for a ‘Coffee with the Candidate’ co-hosted by Chandler City Councilman Kevin Hartke. Purchase your own breakfast. RSVP: Michael@andrewwalter2014.com
· The Surprise Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm, Tues, July 1 at the Sun City West Foundation Plaza, 14465 West R H Johnson Blvd. Chris Rossiter, the leader of the Greater Phoenix Tea Party Patriots will give an overview of the first Arizona State Tea Party Convention held on May 31, 2014. Visit www.surpriseteapartypatriots.com
· The East Valley Tea Party will entertain Shane Krauser, constitutional speaker, at 6:30 pm, Tues., June 10 at the Burke Basic School, 131 E. Southern Ave., Mesa. www.eastvalleyteaparty.com
· Wonder How Your Arizona Legislators have honored their oath of office since they were elected in 2012? AzCDL has posted the voting records of all legislators on key pro-rights firearms bills for the 2013 and 2014 Legislative sessions on our website’s Voting Records page. State Representatives and Senator here.
· Candidate Yard Signs In Your Neighborhood Are Legal! The First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees your right to free speech, and state law supports homeowners' rights to display political yard signs during election season -- despite HOA rules which may try to restrict your rights. Details on the law are here (toward the end of the document) and it's clear that an HOA cannot enforce sign regulations that are more restrictive than those of the city, town or county. If you are living in an HOA and run into this situation, please visit our Facebook page and tell your side of the story. AZGOP newsletter.
· ATTN Candidates: Candidate announcement/events are coming in without any reference to the position they are running for. Announcements without position, party affiliation and contact information, might not get posted as I don’t have time to research them. Don’t assume everyone knows who you are and what you are running for.
· The Great LD13 House Of Representative Candidates Debate is scheduled Tues, June 10 in the PebbleCreek Tuscany County Club Ball Room, 16262 Clubhouse Dr., Goodyear, featuring incumbents Darin Mitchell and Steve Montenegro and candidate Diane Landis. Check in opens at 6 pm, the meeting starts at 6:15 pm. Gubernatorial candidate Frank Riggs will speak at 6:30. The debate starts at 7 pm, moderated by KRYI talk show host Mike Broomfield. To accommodate the expect attendance, the meeting has been to the main ballroom. Chairman Robert Branch asks that questions be sent to him at email@example.com
The LD28 Candidate Forum is scheduled at 7 pm, June 10 at Madison School District Office, 5601 N. 16th St, Phoenix. Candidates include: Attorney General - Tom Horne & Mark Brnovich, State Superintendent of Education -Diane Douglas, Arizona Corporation Commission - Doug Little, Tom Forese, Lucy Mason and Vernon Parker, and Congressional candidates -Wendy Rogers and Andrew Walter. Phx. Contact: O’Connor firstname.lastname@example.org
· CD2 Candidate Shelley Kais, will speak to the Huachuca Area Republican Women’s Club luncheon Tues, June 10 at the Pueblo Del Sol Country Club, 2770 St. Andrews Dr., Sierra Vista. The group meets between 10:30 am – 1 pm. Contact: (520) 250-8481.
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter is hosting a ‘Coffee with the Candidate’ from 7:30-9 am, Tues, June 10 at the Good Egg, 4910 W. Ray Road, Chandler. Suggest attendees order breakfast to thank the Good Egg for lending us their space. RSVP to Michael@andrewwalter2014.com.
· Call The White House (202) 456-1111 , and your Senators or Representatives. Let them know how you feel about the VA Scandal, the Bergdahl/five terrorist release/ ObamaCare, Gun Control or anything else that’s on your mind.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro: Individuals who want to be PC write-ins will need to complete the PC Affidavit for Write-Ins and submit it to Elections through June 11. http://recorder.maricopa.gov/web/precinctcommitteemen.aspx . Early Ballots Go Out July 31.
· Arizona candidates that filed: http://www.azsos.gov/election/2014/primary/FullListing.htm
Maricopa County candidates filed: http://recorder.maricopa.gov/web/pdf/2014CANDIDATELISTING.pdf
CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten schedule: firstname.lastname@example.org
· June 10: American Legion Post 109 Social
· June 13: 11:30 am, Bioscience Educational Forum, UofA B105 Institute-Keating Blvd, #103.
· June 14: 2-4 pm, Fundraiser/house party sponsored by Col (retired) Ron McGrindle.
· CD1 Adam Kwasman Schedule: email@example.com.
· June 12: 4:30 pm, Meet & Greet, La Quinta Inn, Flagstaff, AZ.
· June 14: 11:30 am, Flagstaff Republican Women Flag Day Picnic, 1122 E Marina Lane, Flagstaff.
· Diane Douglas – Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Sked:
· June 10: Superstition Mt. Republican Club, Village Inn, West Apache Trail, Apache Junction. dinner at 5:30 pm, mtg at 6:30 pm.
· June 12: Republican Women of Prescott Luncheon - interview by Billie Orr of at Prescott Resort & Conference Center, East State Rte 69, Prescott. Social 11 am. Lunch - $17.
· June 13: Oro Valley Republican Women's Club's Luncheon, 300 West Greenock Drive, Oro Valley. Reservations required.
· June 14: 9 am, We the People, Oracle Court House, 1470 N Justice Drive, Oracle. Open to public. Contact: Jane at 520-896-2516.
· A Reminder To Politically Involved State Employees: See state restrictions (Arizona’s “mini-Hatch Act”) at A.R.S. § 41-752. http://www.azleg.gov/ars/41/00752.htm The public policy behind these limitations is at A.R.S. § 41-752(K).
· NAFBPO’s Zack Taylor - A Retired Border Agent Speaks Freely About The Real Dangers on FOX news. See NAFBPO Border Presentation - the truth about criminal violence along the AZ/MX Border - Caution: very graphic photos
· Attn PCs Applicants: Early voting for the Aug 26 primary begins July 31. If there are no extra people running for the open positions in your precinct, your name will not be shown on the primary ballot and you will be automatically elected “by acclamation.” If, however, there are more PC candidates running in your district than open positions, all qualified nominees go on the Aug 26 ballot. You will be notified by the Recorder offices if your name will be on the ballot.
· ATTENTION CANDIDATES: Please confine your statements to no more than 250 words. If they run longer, they will be edited.
· Arizona Corporation Commission Candidate Doug Little: I am running for one of two open seats on the Arizona Corporation Commission. One of the primary responsibilities of the Corporation Commission is setting the rates we all pay for electricity, water and natural gas.
· I am committed to:
· Insuring that Arizona has clean reliable energy at the lowest possible price.
· Protecting all ratepayers and consumers in Arizona.
· Fighting EPA policies that will result in skyrocketing energy costs in Arizona.
· As a Clean Elections candidate, I need your help right now... doug little
· Gubernatorial Candidate Christine Jones: It’s hard to believe, but our illegal immigration crisis continues to get worse. Last week it was reported that "scores of illegal immigrants in Texas were being flown, bused, and then abandoned" in Arizona. According to Fox News, federal officials told Governor Brewer that the practice will continue for the foreseeable future and predicted more than 1,000 illegal immigrant children were to be shipped to Arizona over this past weekend.This is the unfortunate effect of having an administration that has failed to secure the border and enforce our immigration laws. America is the most generous nation on earth, but we are also founded on the rule of law. If we secured the border and reformed our legal immigration system, we wouldn't be facing busloads and airplanes full of immigrants, many women and minor children, being separated from their families and left on Arizona’s doorstep. The fact of the matter is, federal government inaction has undermined our system for legal immigration and set the tone for continued lawlessness. That's not okay with me.Arizona must demand that the federal government make it a top priority to secure our southern border. While we must be compassionate toward the unknowing children who have been made victims, we must also make it a priority to secure the border and set ourselves apart as a leader in the enforcement of immigration law. You have my word that, as Governor, I will make sure we put handcuffs on those breaking the law, not those enforcing it. Christine Jones TeamJones@christinejones.com
· CD 9 Candidate Andrew Walter: Kyrsten Sinema qualified for the ballot... as an Independent supported by the Green Party. On June 8, 2002, Sinema submitted 569 signatures to run for the Arizona State Legislature as an Independent affiliated with the Green Party - who called her one of their "Star Candidates." Kyrsten Sinema wasn't afraid to tell you what she really believed in those days. The self-described "Prada Socialist" proudly organized protests of then President George W. Bush with the Young Democratic Socialists and the Phoenix Anarchists. Kyrsten Sinema and I couldn't be any further apart in our beliefs. I believe in rewarding hard work, not penalizing it. I believe in empowerment through work, not the politics of dependency. I believe in health care choice, not skyrocketing premiums and cancelled policies. I believe in a government that is accountable to us. That's why I believe in term limits and a balanced budget amendment You can't make this stuff up. Honestly, you and I deserve better. Kyrsten Sinema's entire career is built upon the discredited belief that government is good, and can create a strong Middle Class. She's absolutely wrong. If you believe in my vision, and not Socialist Sinema's, please join me Andrew Walter to show Kyrsten Sinema we remember June 8 - when she was proud to be a socialist and a member of the Green Party.
Attorney General Candidate Mark Brnovich: Today, Republican candidate for attorney general Mark Brnovich joined County Attorney Bill Montgomery in calling on the Obama Administration to immediately stop the abandonment of illegal immigrants, many of them children, in Arizona communities. “This is another example of the federal government’s failure to adequately address the illegal immigration problem in our country. This situation is a matter not only of national security, but human decency. Who leaves a child or a vulnerable adult, regardless of where they came from, in a situation where they must fend for themselves? It’s dangerous and immoral,” said Brnovich. Media reports have noted that hundreds of illegal immigrants, mostly women and unaccompanied children, were being transferred to Arizona and abandoned at Phoenix and Tucson area bus stations after being detained in Texas. “The Arizona attorney general has a constitutional obligation to defend our state and to push back against the overreach of the federal government. The attorney general should be protecting the most vulnerable in our society, and when children are being abandoned on our streets, or bus stations, I will do everything to stop it when I'm attorney general. I commend county attorney Bill Montgomery for his leadership on this issue,” said Brnovich. “As attorney general, I will work with local law enforcement and county attorneys to investigate and prosecute any instance of childhood neglect or abuse - regardless of who the perpetrator is.”
· Immigrant-Children-Arizona-Border-Answers 5 Answers: Why The Surge In Migrant Children At Border?
· VA-Scandal-Audit-Veterans-Delayed-Care VA Scandal Audit: 120,000 Veterans Experience Long Waits For Care
· EJMontini: Are We About To Experience Sb 1070 All Over Again?
· The Basic Premise Of The Obama Presidency Was A Fraud From The Start
ALLEN B WEST
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch
FEDERAL LANDS GRABS
· The Fallen 9000 People Drawn In The Sand Which Equates The Number Of Civilians, Germans Forces And Allies That Died During The D-Day Landings, 6th June During WWII As An Example Of What Happens In The Absence Of Peace.
DEPT OF JUSTICE/HOLDER
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
SECRETARY OF STATE
· Obama Set To Release 78 Guantanamo Prisoners: Reasons Absurd These Are On Top Of The Ones Released This Past Week In The Bergdahl Exchange