- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ▼ June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
June 15, 2014
· The Tonto National Forest Hearing is scheduled At 6 pm, Mon., June 16 at Julia Randall Elementary School, 902 W Main St., Payson to discuss cultural resources, terrestrial resources, wildlife and vegetation.
· Old Vail, 10500 E. Old Vail Rd., Tucson. $25 per person or $40 per couple. Cash bar. Hors d-oeuvres. Pay at the door. RSVP Lora 520-495-0523
· A Meet And Greet For Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs is scheduled at 5 pm, Sat., June 28 at the home of Martha and Ted Ryan, 6335 E Kathleen, Scottsdale. Cohosts – Sarah and TJ Forester, Erin and Matt Riggs, Thayer Verschoor and Wes Harris. RSVP Darcie at 480-437=1033 or info@RiggsforAGOV.com
· Congressman Paul Gosar: This week brought us more information on the lawlessness of the administration and Attorney General Eric Holder in regards to illegally transporting immigrants to Arizona cities. The administration continues to use taxpayer dollars to transport and house detained illegal immigrants flooding across our porous southern border. I am encouraged to see this egregious violation of the rule of law receive more national attention from major news outlets. Pictures of illegal immigrants being released into the public at bus stops as well as inhumane, overcrowded detention facilities are being broadcasted on the nightly news. The only way we can make our elected leaders uphold the rule of law is if the people of this nation are engaged in the issue and hold them accountable.
· Contact Your Congressman. Let them know your anger over yet another scandal that has taken the lives of unknown numbers of Americans. Our veterans deserve better.
· Sen John McCain R 202-224-2235 mccain.senate.gov
· Sen Jeff Flake R 202-224-3421 flake.senate.gov
· Rep Ann Kirkpatrick (D1) 202-225-3361 kirkpatrick.house
· Rep Ron Barber (D2) 202-225-2542 barber.house.gov
· Rep Raul Grijalva (D3) 202-225-2435 grijalva.house.gov
· Rep Paul Gosar (R4) 202-2225-2315 gosar.house.gov
· Rep Matt Salmon (R5) 202-225-2635 salmon.house.gov
· Rep David Schweikert (R6) 202-225-2190 schweikert.house.gov
· Rep Ed Pastor (D7) 202-225-4065 house.gov/pastor
· Rep Trent Franks (8) 202-225-4576 franks.house.gov
Rep Kyrsten Sinema (D) sinema.house.gov
· The Arizona Corporation Commission Is Now Streaming Video Of Hearings And Open Meetings held in its Tucson offices – starting at 10 am, June 16. View at http://www.azcc.gov and clicking the “Live Broadcast/Archives” button, or by using this direct link: http://www.azcc.gov/divisions/broadcastservices/livebroadcast.htm. The link to each meeting will go live once the meeting has begun and archives of the meeting will be available at the same link after the meeting has ended.
· Treavor Lakey Will Make A Presentation On Organizational Skills at the Mon, June 16 Arizona Project meeting. Bring your I-PAD or laptop, if you have one. Some computers available. 3375 E. Shea Blvd, Suite2, Phx. Contact: Chr Ron Ludders 602-677-1496.
· Congressman Paul Gosar will attend the grand opening and ribbon cutting mixer for Topock66 Spa and Resort at 5 pm, Mon., June 16 at 14999 Historic Route 66, Topock, AZ 86436
The Daisy Mountain Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 pm, Tues, June 17 at the Anthem Civic Building, 3701 W Anthem Way, Anthem, AZ 85086. Speakers are: Sheriff Paul Babau from Pinal county along with Jeff DeWitt, candidate for AZ State Treasurer. Contact: http://www.daisymountainteapartypatriots.com/
· The Nevada Firearms Coalition Is Sponsoring A July 4 Patriot’s Gun Drawing for a hand-built AR-15 rifle, including hard case and 500 rounds of .223 ammo. Only 1,000 tickets are being sold at $10. All proceeds go to support the Nevada Firearms Coalition activities and gun rights. The winner will be announced on the NVFAC web site and via e-mail to NVFAC members. The winner need not be present to win, but the winner must pay for the NICS background check, comply with all federal, state, and local laws, and must pick up the firearm from a federally licensed firearms dealer. Out-of-state winners pay for shipping and both ends of the FFL transfer fee. If a winner does not qualify under federal, state, or local law for the possession of this rifle, their ticket is invalid and a new winner will be drawn. Send money order for $10 per ticket payable to Nevada Firearms Coalition, Randy Mackie, 1508 Breeze Canyon Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89117 or call 702-232-2654 email@example.com Include with the money order the telephone number, address, and e-mail you want used to contact you should you win. When NFAC receives the money order and info, they will complete the tickets stubs for you, and email send you a PDF of the tickets, and put your completed stubs in the drawing drum. The last date to receive USPS mail ticket requests is Monday, 30 June 2014, to allow processing time for entries before the drawing at Noon on Thursday, the Fourth of July, 2014.
· New Staffers At The AZGOP Head Shed:
· Zeyna Aouad: Communications Coordinator
· Nick VandenNieuwenhof: Political Outreach Coordinator
· James Malone: Operations Coordinator
· Ashley Sneade: Marketing and Data Coordinator
· Attorney General Incumbent Tom Horne will address the Sun City Oro Valley Republican Club at 3 pm, Tues., June 17.
· Attorney General Incumbent Tom Horne Conduct A Town Hall from 5:30 – 7 pm, June 17 Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W Naranja Drive, Oro Valley 85737. He will update citizens on protecting Arizona against the federal governments constitutional overreach and taking questions on various issues.
· The Fountain Hills Tea Party Gubernatorial Candidate Forum is scheduled at 6:30 pm, June 17 in the Fountain Hills Unified School District Learning Center, 16000 E Palisades Blvd. (Palisades Blvd. & Golden Eagle Blvd.). Candidates include Secretary of State Ken Bennett, Treasurer Doug Ducey, Christine Jones, State Senator Al Melvin, Former Congressman Frank Riggs, and Former Mesa Mayor Scott Smith. Admission is free. Donations accepted to offset expenses. Contact: Richard Rutkowski firstname.lastname@example.org or www.fhteaparty.org
· The Pima County Republican Club Luncheon is scheduled at 11:30 am, Tues., June 17 at the Sabbar Shriner Tem[ple, 450 S Tucson Blvd., Tucson. $11 lunch. Speakers: LD10 Senate candidate Mark Morrison and LD10 House candidate Todd Clodfelter.
· A Fundraising Reception For LD17 Candidates Sen Steve Yarbrough, Rep J D Mesnard and Chandler City Councilman Jeff Weninger is scheduled from 5-7 pm, Tues, June 17 at the Phoenix Country Club, 2901 N Central, Phx. Host committee consists of Barbara Meaney, Susie Stevens, Todd Baughman, Tom Dorn, Barry Aarons, Brian Tassinari, Kelsey Lundy, Dianne McCallister, Kirby Consier, Don Isaacson, Aaron Keniston, Emily Ryan, Tawnya Ledbetter, Eric Emmert, Garry Hays, Gibson, McKay, Jason Isaak, Jeff Gray, Jeff Sandquist, Jim Norton, Jimmy Hamilton, John MacDonald, John Mangum, Wendy Briggs, Joe DeMenna, Michael Preston Green, Mike gardner, Nick Simonetta, Norm Moore, Rip Wilson, Stan Barnes, Stuart Goodman, Kevin DeMenna, Justin Marino, Ryan DeMenna, Trish Hart and Joe Abate.
· LD10 Senate Candidate Mark Morrison And House Candidate Todd Clodfelter will address the Pima County Republican Club luncheon at 11:30 am, Tues., June 17 at the Sabbar Shriner Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd., Tucson.
· The AZGOP Is Hiring 60 Part-Time Paid Employees to put a state-wide game plan in motion, according to Chairman Robert Graham. The Republican Action Team (RAT Pack) members will be paid $10 per hour to help organize action with LD chairmen and other organizations. If interested in becoming one of the RAT Pack click here or contact RAT Pack Director Kathy Hedges email@example.com 602-957-7770.
· Wonder How Your Arizona Legislators have honored their oath of office since they were elected in 2012? AzCDL has posted the voting records of all legislators on key pro-rights firearms bills for the 2013 and 2014 Legislative sessions on our website’s Voting Records page. State Representatives and Senator here.
CD2 Candidate Wendy Rogers campaign headquarters phone bank is operational from 10 am-2 pm and from 4-8 pm, Monday through Friday, at 3030 S. Rural Road #120, Tempe. Volunteers should contact Field Director Josh Wolosonovich at 480-522-9004 or call the campaign phone 480-525-2929 www.Wendyrogers.org
· Yavapai County Republican Headquarters is looking information on who made the round Goldwater campaign pin that was distributed at the Sept 3, 1964 Sen Barry Goldwater for President campaign on the steps of the Prescott Courthouse. The button has a white background with red lettering reads: Prescott – Arizona Welcomes BARRY Sept 3, 1964. Contact: L.G. Mace YavGop Headquarters (928) 776-4500.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· Candidate Yard Signs In Your Neighborhood Are Legal. The First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees your right to free speech, and state law supports homeowners' rights to display political yard signs during election season -- despite HOA rules which may try to restrict your rights. Details on the law are here (toward the end of the document) and it's clear that an HOA cannot enforce sign regulations that are more restrictive than those of the city, town or county. If you are living in an HOA and run into this situation, please visit our Facebook page and tell your side of the story. AZGOP newsletter.
· ATTN Candidates: Candidate announcement/events are coming in without any reference to the position they are running for. Announcements without position, party affiliation and contact information, might not get posted as I don’t have time to research them. Don’t assume everyone knows who you are and what you are running for.
· Congressman Paul Gosar: This week, the House continued the annual process of appropriating federal funds to various government agencies and departments. Throughout my entire career in Congress, I have focused on cutting waste, fraud and abuse out of the federal government budget. I successfully passed four amendments to two separate appropriation bills. The amendments will limit the size and scope of The Department of House and Urban Development (THUD) and the Department of Agriculture.
Amendment 1: “Stop Obama’s Assault on the Suburbs". This amendment prevents the federal government from using funds to socially engineer our neighborhoods. The Department of Housing and Urban Development (THUD) was attempting to create a thinly veiled set of rules and regulations which would force communities to conform to the utopian dreams of an ideological administration or face losing out on billions of dollars in grant money. I spoke about this amendment on Tuesday in an interview with Fox Business Network. You can watch that interview HERE.
Amendment 2: This amendment prohibits funds for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s National Roadside Survey: This worthless road survey amounts to an invasion of privacy, a violation of the Fourth Amendment, and a dereliction of duty to protect the public. Last year’s survey squandered almost $8 million dollars of taxpayer money and did nothing to make our communities safer. Read more HERE.
Amendment 3: This amendment cut funds from the wasteful and inefficient Office of the Chief Financial Officer at USDA and redirected those resources to the Department’s Office of Inspector General to meet the budget request. This measure will ensure the IG has the resources to crack down on the widespread waste, fraud, and abuse within USDA. Read more HERE.
Amendment 4: My final amendment that passed this week cut $2.1 million in spending that Obama wanted to use to hire more government attorneys, many of which will be used to implement and defend the Administration’s overreaching land grabs, water grabs, and climate change policies. I simply cannot, in good conscience, support funding to hire new government bureaucrats that will impose more overreaching federal regulations and infringe upon Arizona’s Tenth Amendment right. Read more HERE.
· LD23 Candidate Effie Carlson Schedule:
· June 16: 5:30 pm, Peter Piper Pizza, 15745 N Hayden Rd., Scottsdale (FLW and Hayden)
· June 18: 4:30 pm, Meet and Greet, Via Linda Senior Center, 10440 E Via Linda, Scottsdale (Shea and 104th St)
· June 19: 4:30 pm, Meet and Greet, Granite Reef Senior Center, 1700 North Granite Reef Rd., Scottsdale (McDowell and Hayden)
Voter calls and evening walks occur weekly. Contact email@example.com
CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten schedule: firstname.lastname@example.org
· June 18: 6:30 pm, Kirk Bear Canyon Library, 8959 E. Tanque Verde Rd.
· June 25: 6 pm, Town Hall at Miller-Golf Links Library, 9640 E. Golf Links
· Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Diane Douglas Schedule:
· June 18: 6:30 pm, Ahwatukee Tea Party Roundtable, 17010 S. 48th Street, Phoenix, AZ (exit at Chandler Blvd, west to 48th, and then south).
· June 19: 6:30 pm, LD 18 Candidate forum, Mountain View Lutheran Church, 11002 S. 48th Street, Phoenix, AZ.
· June 21: 10:30 am, North Scottsdale Christian Church, 28700 N. Pima Road, Scottsdale, AZ.
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· ATTENTION CANDIDATES: Please confine your statements to no more than 250 words. If they run longer, they will be edited.
· CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten: The success of our District relies on responsible and Constitutional approaches to restore, grow and protect our economy. Current leadership has not been acting in a collective interest, but in political posturing. The state of our future is not based on a one-dimensional answer or speech. It is irresponsible to think that all facets of our public safety, economy and educational system can be dissected into parts and not related to the rule of law. It is when we respect our state sovereignty and individual rights and responsibility that we can regain the strength and grow our success as our Founding Fathers intended.I will defend our freedoms through honest and productive conversation - not exercise power and control through condescension. Join me as I continue to work for blind justice for Southern Arizona. http://www.wooten2014.com/
· CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten on border issues: How long will you accept the current situation? While your current representative (DEM) Ron Barber writes letters and makes speeches that on one hand - admit that we have a largely unprotected border, drug cartels smuggling, and lack of transparency for funding to the Department of Homeland Security on the other hand - says nothing to address the current actions of the busses filled with undocumented people being dropped off in our areas at the expense of your tax dollars. According to Family Security Matters, "Congressman Barber fought to serve on the Committee on Homeland Security where he was appointed ranking member of the Oversight and Management Efficiency Subcommittee." Again, while Tucson City Council is talking about using TUSD school buildings and our military base to house those who enter our country with no regard or respect to our law, will you stay silent? Support Chuck Wooten if you prefer to have clear representation that demands our border be secured with straightforward action. http://www.wooten2014.com/
· Pols Have A #Fakefollower Problem According To A POLITICO-Driven Analysis, Heavy Hitters With Twitter Handles Attracting The Highest Rates Of Fake Followers Include … Sen John Mccain (23.6 Percent)
· You Picked A Fine Time To Leave Me... Blue Shield Watch The Images Closely To Get The Full Effect
· Phoenix-Police-Slower-Respond-Crime-Calls Staffing Down 500 Officers
· Political Deception of True Americans. Zack Taylor, chairman of the National Association of Former Border Patrol Officers.
ALLEN B WEST
· Priebus: GOP Is Not Divided
· Border-Agents-Lament-Mexican-Gang-Members-Entering Why Are We Letting Them In?
· Kelly File: Texas Border Patrol On Brink Of Collapse
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch
FIRST AMENDENT – FREE SPEECH
· Clinton-Finds-Hurdles-On-Book-Tour Presumed Easygoing Appearances Instead Result In Critique Of A Potential Candidate As Out Of Practice
· Nuclear-Is-Cheaper-Than-Solar-Thermal New Vogtle Plant Costs Half As Much As Crescent Dunes Solar Facility
· Obama-Approved-Irans-Revolutionary-Guard-In-Iraq Advance Of Tehran's Revolutionary Guard Stirs Fears Of Mideast Proxy War
· Obama Could Be Facing 10 Years To Life In Prison… "No Exception For The President's Behavior..."
· The-Opportunity-In-Iraq Why Isn't Air Power Lighting These Guys Up? Why Obama Is Reticent To Smoke Al-Qaida Terrorists