- ► March (23)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (31)
- ▼ June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
June 17, 2014
United We Stand…Divided We Fall - John Dickinson
· Contact Your Congressman. Let them know what you are thinking.
· Sen John McCain R 202-224-2235 mccain.senate.gov
· Sen Jeff Flake R 202-224-3421 flake.senate.gov
· Rep Ann Kirkpatrick (D1) 202-225-3361 kirkpatrick.house
· Rep Ron Barber (D2) 202-225-2542 barber.house.gov
· Rep Raul Grijalva (D3) 202-225-2435 grijalva.house.gov
· Rep Paul Gosar (R4) 202-2225-2315 gosar.house.gov
· Rep Matt Salmon (R5) 202-225-2635 salmon.house.gov
· Rep David Schweikert (R6) 202-225-2190 schweikert.house.gov
· Rep Ed Pastor (D7) 202-225-4065 house.gov/pastor
· Rep Trent Franks (8) 202-225-4576 franks.house.gov
Rep Kyrsten Sinema (D) sinema.house.gov
· The Arizona Chapter Of Americans For Prosperity is having a contest for the most completed door surveys conducted between Tues, June 17 and Sun, July 13. Every Tuesday and Wednesday night, volunteers call citizens across Arizona from 6- 8:30 pm. You can do it from the comfort of your easy chair at home, or join us for food and friendship. Contact our Field Coordinators (info below) to get assistance dialing from home, or to get plugged into the nearest group phone banking session. Contact:
· Karen MacKean - Coconino, Apache, Gila, Graham & Eastern Pinal County email@example.com (480) 220-9450
· Karen Schutte - Pima & Cochise County firstname.lastname@example.org (520) 240-2058
· Judy Hoeslcher - Maricopa & Western Pinal County email@example.com (480) 290-1751
· Lyle Rapacki Of The Sentinel Intelligence Services filled in for Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu tonight at the Anthem Team Party.
· LD13 Chairman Robert Branch: I want to thank those of you like: Frosty Taylor, Joe Marvin, Wally Campbell, and Karen Brogdon who went out and got Write-in PCs signed up. Your three-day effort paid off with a 36% increase in PCs. LD13 does not have a single contested precinct so that will mean that all PC candidates (those that got their signatures, and those that are Write-ins) should be approved by the County Board of Supervisors. Again, thank you for your awesome last minute effort and may God bless.
· The AFP-Arizona poolside for a Freedom Phone Bank will be held from 5:30-8 pm, Wed., June 18 at the Red Lion Inn, 7411 North Oracle Road. A BBQ dinner will be served after the callking is done. Bring your swimsuits to enjoy the pool and hot tub. If you have a laptop, please bring it. iPads and cell phones provided. RSVP is required to ensure that we order enough BBQ. Please contact Karen Schutte firstname.lastname@example.org (480) 220-9450 or Judy Hoelscher email@example.com (480) 290-1751
· Lyle Rapacki - Sentinel Intelligence Services: Thank you Sheriff Paul Babeu and Pinal County Sheriff’s Office for the terribly difficult and dangerous work arresting eight Drug Cartel Scouts working well into the United States of America. Sheriff Babeu has taken a lot of criticism by elected officials for the amount of time, effort, tactics and equipment he has employed fighting the Border War. The Federal Government, including many elected officials at the federal level, continue to spread the lie that the border through the southwestern United States is secure, and all is well. The spin, the lies, the sophisticated use of imagery is to convince the public that the border is secure and citizens are safe. The truth is there remains a concerted effort to lie to the public about the invasion taking place along the border; from San Diego to Brownsville, Texas. The truth is transnational evil criminal cartels are going back and forth thru various border sectors at will. The truth is cartels are functioning in over 1,200 American cities. The truth is cartels have well-seasoned scouts working along cartel drug distribution pathways well into Arizona, as Pinal County Sheriff Babeu has just proven – again! The arrest of these eight cartel scouts was no small task. Dangerous and requiring very good tactics, the sheriff and his under-manned office just created a huge dent, for a time, in drug smuggling routes working their way from Mexico north 75-miles into Arizona.
· This Past Week, AFP-Arizona And Its Volunteers Made Over 3,500 Phone Calls and knocked on over 1,000 doors. Since February, they have made over 23,000 phone calls and knocked on 9,700 doors. They are learning valuable information from conducting our public opinion surveys concerning Obamacare, federal taxes and federal spending - and finding new activists to add to the ranks of our grassroots army to help us fight the big policy fights we must win to save this country. Contact: Deputy State Director Leslie White, Americans for Prosperity – Arizona firstname.lastname@example.org 480.290.2286
· Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey’s Tucson phone banks will be operational from 1-4 pm, Sat., June 21. Contact: email@example.com
· MCRC Chairman A J LaFaro: The Final List Of Maricopa County PC Candidates including WriteIns http://recorder.maricopa.gov/web/precinctcommitteemen.aspx George Teegarden and I are in the process of reviewing and analyzing the list, and we encourage you to please take some time to do the same. At first glance, it looks like we have 2,847 Republican PC Candidates (2,251 who submitted signature petitions and 596 write-ins). I want to personally thank those individuals who actively recruited write-in PCs. According to Maricopa County Elections there are 20 precincts that are contested. There will be a meeting on Wed, June 18 at 10 am, at the MCTEC Office, 510 S. Third Ave., Phoenix AZ 85003 Phone: 602-506-1511 to randomly draw the names of the PC candidates for ballot position. PC candidates in the 20 contested precincts should receive a letter from Maricopa County Elections informing them of the meeting. I will be attending the meeting as the official representative and observer for the Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC). -- A. J. LaFaro - Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
· Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey will have lunch with Tucson volunteers at his Tucson campaign office between 1-2 pm, Wed., June 25. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
· CD1 candidate Adam Kwasman will be at Lil Abners in Marana from 5:30-7 pm, Mon, June 23.
· Act! For America Will Meet At 6 Pm, Wed., June 25 at the Nanini Branch Library (7300 N Shannon Rd) to hear Diane Douglas, candidate for Supt of Public Instruction discuss ‘Common-Core -- The Unconstitutional Federal Takeover of Local Education’ and Colonel Jon Gold, US Army Retired address ‘Nuclear Iran -- a Dire Threat to us.’ Cookies& water will be provided. RSVP: Lyle at e-mail ActTucson@aol.com or (520) 820-8258.
· Lyle Rapacki, Protective Intelligence and Assessment Specialist: The Border Sheriffs in Arizona are NOT fighting criminal acts, although by Criminal Statute the Transnational Cartels are committing crimes; more appropriately, the Arizona Border Sheriffs are fighting an invasion, a war being waged on American sovereign soil. The weapons, communications systems, vehicles, etc. are sophisticated and very dangerous. A well-equipped and financed army is at work, and without the tireless and brave efforts of Arizona Border Sheriffs, and others in this fight, the desecration of our American way of life would be far more evident. Sheriff Babeu and the Deputies of the Pinal County, Arizona Sheriff’s Office should be heartily thanked by us all. My guess is after the arrests and transporting, these law enforcement officers simply returned to those duties that were set aside while they took care of some very dangerous and very pressing business. Well done! Thank you for continuing to Protect and Serve.
· The Arizona Chapter Of Americans For Prosperity is looking for three Field Associates for Pinal and Pima Counties. Field Associates are part-time employees who recruit volunteers, run phone banks and help plan and manage grassroots-related activities in Southern Arizona. Apply here.
· A Reception For Gubernatorial Candidate Scott Smith is scheduled from 5:30-7 pm, Tues., June 24 at Lon’s at the Hermosa Inn, 5532 N Palo Cristi Road.,Paradise Valley hosted by Scott LeMarr, Fred Unger and Daran Wastchak. RSVP to: Kate Fassett at 480-435-3588 or email@example.com
· A Meet & Greet For CD1 Candidate Andy Tobin is scheduled at 5 pm, Wed., June 18 at Continental Ranch Community Center, 8881 N Coachline Blvd, Marana, AZ 85743. Refreshments provided. Mayor Ed Honea and Councilwoman Patti Comerford will be in attendance . Contact Gini Crawford 907-3538
· Scottsdale City Council Candidate Michael Auerbach has scheduled monthly “Meet & Greet” meetings for June 18, July 9, and Aug 13 at Tavern Americana in Scottsdale. Details: www.auerbachforcitycouncil.com
A Reception For Scottsdale City Council Candidate Michael Auerbach is scheduled from 5-7 pm, Wed., June 18 at the Tavern Americana, 20469 N. Hayden Rd., Scottsdale. Free appetizers, beverages. Donations welcome. RSVP:David Verwer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-889-4555 www.auerbachforcitycouncil.com
· The Tucson Eastside Republican Club will meet at 6:30 pm, Wed., June 18 with CD2 candidate Chuck Wooten and AG candidate Brnovich in the Bear Canyon Library, Community Room, 8959 E Tanque Verde, Tucson.
· Palo Verde Republican Women will host a Candidate's Forum for Secretary of State and State Treasurer, June 18th, at Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 East Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale. Lunch is $25, Social 11:00, Lunch/Program 11:30. Candidate, Justin Pierce, running for Secretary of State, and Randy Pullen, Jeff DeWitt, and Hugh Hallman, running for Arizona Treasurer, will attend the luncheon. Please join us to learn more about these candidates. To RSVP, contact Edith Stock, email@example.com, or call 480-298-7818.
· Troy Barnett And Roger Barnett Are Hosting A Fundraiser For LD14 candidates Sen Gail Griffin, and Rep David Gowan and David Stevens at 4:30 pm, Thur., June 19 at Barnett’s Towing, 1498 E Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista. Contributions welcome.
· CD2 Candidate Wendy Rogers campaign headquarters phone bank is operational from 10 am-2 pm and from 4-8 pm, Monday through Friday, at 3030 S. Rural Road #120, Tempe. Volunteers should contact Field Director Josh Wolosonovich at 480-522-9004 or call the campaign phone 480-525-2929 www.Wendyrogers.org
· LD18 Is Sponsoring A Round-Table Candidate Forum at 7 pm, Thur., June 19 at the
Mountain View Lutheran Church,11002 S 48th St., Phoenix. Participating candidates: Secretary of State - Michele Reagan, Sup’t of Public Instruction - Diane Douglas, State Corporation Commission – Doug Little and Tom Forese, CD9 Representatives - Andrew Walter and Wendy Rogers, LD18 State Representatives – Jill Norgaard, John King, and David Pheanis; and LD8 Senate candidate Tom Morrissey. Contact: LD18 First Vice-Chair Mary Fritsche (480) 705-8406
· A Reception For Mark Brnovich, candidate for Attorney General, is scheduled at 5:30 pm, Thurs., June 19 at Maduro’s Cigar, 4991 S Alma School Road., Chandler. Suggested contribution $50. RSVP: Jenn Bourk 480-226-7596 or firstname.lastname@example.org Hosts: Mark Kristen, Rick & Mary Goulian, Dragica Lipovic, Patrici Ramsey, Nick & Lexy Vudrag, George Vudrag and Donna Vudrag.
· Old Vail, 10500 E. Old Vail Rd., Tucson. $25 per person or $40 per couple. Cash bar. Hors d-oeuvres. Pay at the door. RSVP Lora 520-495-0523.
· Arizona Corporation Commission Candidate Doug Little And Tom Forese will highlight the ‘Brown Bag lunch series’ at noon, Thur., June 19 in the Green Valley Village, Suite 70, I-19 Exit 65-Continental, Green Valley.
· The Tea Party Of Scottsdale will feature constitutional speaker Shane Krauser at 6:30 pm, Thur., June 19 at the Chaparral Suites, 5001 N Scottsdale Rd. Scottsdale, AZ
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
· LD23 Candidate Effie Carlson Schedule:
· June 18: 4:30 pm, Meet and Greet, Via Linda Senior Center, 10440 E Via Linda, Scottsdale (Shea and 104th St)
· June 19: 4:30 pm, Meet and Greet, Granite Reef Senior Center, 1700 North Granite Reef Rd., Scottsdale (McDowell and Hayden)
Voter calls and evening walks occur weekly. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten schedule: email@example.com
· June 18: 6:30 pm, Kirk Bear Canyon Library, 8959 E. Tanque Verde Rd.
· June 21: 9 am, The Josh Bernstein Show
· June 25: 6 pm, Town Hall at Miller-Golf Links Library, 9640 E. Golf Links
· Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Diane Douglas Schedule:
· June 18: 6:30 pm, Ahwatukee Tea Party Roundtable, 17010 S. 48th Street, Phoenix, AZ (exit at Chandler Blvd, west to 48th, and then south).
· June 19: 6:30 pm, LD 18 Candidate forum, Mountain View Lutheran Church, 11002 S. 48th Street, Phoenix, AZ.
· June 21: 10:30 am, North Scottsdale Christian Church, 28700 N. Pima Road, Scottsdale, AZ.
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· ATTENTION CANDIDATES: Please confine your statements to no more than 250 words. If they run longer, they will be edited.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs: The only candidate with military and civilian law enforcement experience: military policeman, investigator and supervisor in the U.S. Army and as a police officer and deputy sheriff. Riggs strongly supports SB 1070 allowing a law enforcement officer to detain and arrest an individual when they have probable cause to believe the person is an illegal alien. As a Congressman, Riggs received an “A” from NumbersUSA, the two million membership grassroots immigration-reduction organization opposed to all amnesty measures. Riggs helped secure funding to build the double fence along the California/MX border, extending along the Yuma Sector into Arizona. Riggs wants to continue the fence along the Tucson Sector and deploy the manpower and technology necessary to secure that Sector. Compare the Riggs record to his opponents:
Doug Ducey didn’t serve in the military, never held legislative office, and has never cast a vote on immigration issues. Says he should be evaluated based on “your personal experience at Cold Stone Creamery.”
Christine Jones didn’t serve in the military, never held elective office, and never cast a vote on immigration issues. Says she was a “prosecutor” with the LA County DA’s Office while she was a law school student and volunteer law clerk. (All prosecutors have graduated law school, passed the bar exam and been sworn in as deputy district attorneys.)
Scott Smith an amnesty advocate, who, as the volunteer president of the U.S. Conference of Mayors, issued a June 27, 2013 statement supporting a “pathway to citizenship” for the 11 million illegal immigrants residing in the U.S. Smith said his position was “consistent with the adopted policy of the U.S. Conference of Mayors.”
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter: In a press release on this day in 2009 by the Arizona State House Democrats, Kyrsten Sinema outlined her support for a single-payer healthcare system. According to her, the current disaster she "helped craft" didn't go far enough. Sinema outlined her support for the single-payer, VA-type system, in a letter she co-signed and presented to Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. Following the roll-out of this disastrous legislation that has hurt so many Arizonans, Kathleen Sebelius no longer holds her position as HHS Secretary. One down, one to go. Hard working Arizonans deserve patient-centered health care reform that will lower costs, and increase quality and choice. These reforms include policy portability, interstate insurance purchasing, tax reform, expanding high-risk pools, HSAs, block grant Medicaid funding, tort reform, among many more. We have great ideas that don't include a government takeover of your healthcare decisions, but I need you to join me to ensure Kyrsten Sinema joins Kathleen Sebelius as a former government employee.
· Schweikert: Mr. President: Our Borders Need Security
· New-Allegations-Against-Polygamous-Sect-Police Ag Horne Asking A Federal Judge To Disband The Police Department In Warren Jeffs' Polygamous Sect On The Utah-Arizona Border.
· Phoenix-VA-Gave-$10m In Bonuses-Last-3 Years As Vets Died Waiting For Care
· Grand-Canyon-Skywalk-Cleaning Skywalk Spring Cleaning Has Workers Dangling
· Priebus: GOP Is Not Divided
· Illegals-Crisis-Brings-Surprise-Patrol-To-Border 'Obama Is Engaging In The Willful Destruction Of The Rule Of Law'
Feds-Lowball-Number-Of-Children-Crossing-Border DHS Data Reveal Publicized Estimates Don't Even Come Close
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2no.Us Border News Watch
· IRS Was Legally Required To Print Out Lerner's Emails Losing The Emails Is A Federal Offense
· Ex-Navy-Captain: Avoid-Iraq-At-All-Costs 'I'd Be Happy If They Just All Killed Each Other'
· Iraq-War-Hero-Blasts-Obamas-White-Flag President 'More Obsessed With Ending The War Than Winning It'
· War-Hero-Heartbroken-Over-Al-Qaida-Surge 'I Watched Heroism, Sacrifice That Gives Me Goose Bumps To Even Talk About'
· The Third Row Lack Of Respect For Hero’s Family
WAR ON WOMEN
· Ivy League Sexual Apocalypse "Culture Of Rape" One In Five College Girls Will Be Raped Before They Finish Their Academic Careers
· Source: Besieged-Iraq-Sees-Obama-As-Jihad-Accomplice Charges U.S. Was Aware For 2 Months Of ISIS Training In Turkey
· The Stage Is Being Set For World War III Look At What's Taking Place And Ask Yourself For Whom Is Obama Really Working. It's Certainly Not The People Of United States Of America