- ► April (21)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ▼ July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor email@example.com
Web Master John Strasser
July 15, 2014
· MCRC Republicans Respond To Call. We made our goal of sixty (60) volunteers. I want to take this opportunity to thank all of the MCRC Republicans who have volunteered to work the Maricopa County Elections Hand Count/Audit Board from August 27 through August 29. All of the volunteers will be receiving an official letter of confirmation, instructions and possible request for further information from the Maricopa County Elections Department in the next couple of weeks. - A. J. LaFaro, Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
· Op-Ed: What If The Border-With Mexico-Was Sealed A produce importer and Maricopa County Republican Committee Chairman ponder the possibilities of impenetrable border security. – A. J. LaFaro, Chairman, Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC)
· Attn PCs Applicants: Early voting for the Aug 26 primary begins July 31. If there are no extra people running for the open positions in your precinct, your name will not be shown on the primary ballot and you will be automatically elected “by acclamation.” If, however, there are more PC candidates running in your district than open positions, all qualified nominees go on the Aug 26 ballot. You will be notified by the Recorder offices if your name will be on the ballot.
· “There Will Be No PC Appointments Until After The Maricopa County and AZGOP Statutory Meetings in January, 2015,” according to MCRC Chairman A.J. LaFaro. PC applications that have been submitted will be put on hold until 2015.
· Condolences To The Family Of Ida Via, a charter member and former President of the Paradise Republican Women. Memorial services are planned for at 1 pm, Sat., July 26 at the Scottsdale United Methodist Church, 4140 N Miller Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85251. In in lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Scottsdale United Methodist Church - Women's Auxiliary. Contact: RPW Chr Lori Urban LoriUrban@cox.net 480-221-9633 Cell.
· Attorney General Tom Horne will address the Glendale Tea Party at 6:30 pm, Wed., July 16 at the Brand New Church, 1827 W Grovers., SE Corner 19th Ave/Grovers, Phx. firstname.lastname@example.org
· Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs will speak to the Glendale Tea Party at 6:30 pm, Wed., July 23 at the Brand New Church, 1827 W Grovers., SE Corner 19th Ave/Grovers, Phx. email@example.com
· CD9 Candidate Wendy Rogers is need volunteers in her Tempe headquarters between 10am-2 pm or 4-8 pm, Mon-Fri, at 3030 S Rural Rd., #120, Tempe. Volunteer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call field director Jackson Turner at 480-734-3911.
· A Fundraiser For LD18 Senate Candidate Tom Morrissey is scheduled at 1 pm, Sat., July 19 at the Mount Cross Lutheran Church, 601 E Hwy 260, Payson. Sheriff Joe and former Sen. Russell Pearce are special guests. Limited seating. Tickets - $30 each or 2 for $50. Contact Gila County HQ (928) 472-GILA (4452) Www.tomforazsenate.com
· Sheriff Richard Mark will address ‘the role of the county sheriff in America’ and other legal issues at the 9:45 am, Sat., July 19 “Moral Action Ministry” at the North Scottsdale Christian Church, 28700 N. Pima Rd., Scottsdale, AZ. 85266 (NW Corner of Dynamite & Pima Rd.).LD23 House candidate Jay Lawrence will also speak. Steve Kates, KFNX1100 AM will do a live broadcast at noon. Contacts: www.CSPOA.org---www.SheriffRichardMack.com Donations for www.injuredpoliceofficersfund.com
· Concerned Citizens for America will meet at 6:30 pm, July 16 at the Church of the Nazarene – 55 Rojo Drive, Oak Creek, AZ 86351 (Sedona)
· The Glendale Tea Party Will Host Attorney General Tom Horne at 6:30 pm, Wed., July 16 at the Brand New Church, 1827 W Grovers., SE Corner 19th Ave/Grovers, Phx. email@example.com
· LD20 House Candidate Bill Adams is up and running on Facebook a www.facebook.com/BillAdams4AZ.
· ATTN Guys: See www.swprostatecancer.Com for information on the upcoming 6th Annual Golf Classic & Free Prostate Screening scheduled Sept 27 at the Wigwam Golf Course in Litchfield Park.
· ‘Why Utility Companies Want Roof Top Solar Taxed and The History of Renewable Energy’ is the topic of the 10 am, Thur., July 17 Family Health Talk Show on Radio Station – KXXT 1010 AM Online – www.familyvaluesradio.net (left side of menu). Panelists: Vernon B. Parker, Lucy Mason, Barry Goldwater Jr., Dr. Tursha’ Hamilton N.M.D., Lois Owens and Fred Taylor, Executive Director of SWPCF. Call-in phone number: 602.296.3632 www.swprostatecancer.com
· A ‘Meet & Greet BBQ’ is scheduled for LD28 House candidate Shawnna Bolick and LD18 candidate Jill Norgaard between 5:30-7-:30 pm, Sun, July 20 at the home of Melanie Beauchamp, 11814 S Equestrian Trail, Phx. Co-hosts are Travis and Patricia Grantham, Bill and Debbie Cheatham and Marcus and Lorri Huey. Guests –Phx Vice Mayor Jim Waring and Councilman Sal DiCiccio. RSVO firstname.lastname@example.org
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter is having a pancake brunch from 9-11 am at campaign headquarters, 4425 E Western Star Blvd, Phx. on July 19, followed by neighborhood walks and an all-day phone bank. please RSVP
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter has planned a ‘Super Saturday’ phone calling day on Sat.,July 26. Call from headquarters or your own phone. Please let us know ASAP what time you plan on joining us.
· Campaign Signs Missing? According To Doug Nintzel, Arizona Department Of Public Transportation Public Information Officer, “ If campaign signs that are incorrectly placed within state highway right-of-way boundaries are collected by ADOT crews, they are taken to maintenance yards and are kept there for a couple of weeks to give campaigns some time to pick them up.” He added, “Under state law, no campaign signs are allowed within the right of way along state highways. ADOT sends letters to registered candidates each campaign cycle as a reminder of the prohibition against signs within highway right of way areas.” So, if check with the nearby ADOT Maintenance Yard to see if your missing signs are stored there. See ARS 16-1019 –political http://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/01019.htm
· Candidate Yard Signs In Your Neighborhood Are Legal. The First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees your right to free speech, and state law supports homeowners' rights to display political yard signs during election season -- despite HOA rules which may try to restrict your rights. See HB 2069 (toward the end of the document) and it's clear that an HOA cannot enforce sign regulations that are more restrictive than those of the city, town or county according to AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham. If you are living in an HOA and run into this situation, visit the AZGOP Facebook page and tell your side of the story.
· LD21 Rep Debbie Lesko: What is the EPA’s new proposed rule? The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and the Obama Administration, in its latest war on coal, has proposed that states must reduce their CO 2 emissions from existing power plants by an average of 30% by 2030. Arizona, however, must reduce its CO 2 emissions by 52% from 2012-2030. It is so bad that ADEQ (AZ Dept. of Environmental Quality) Director Henry Darwin testifying in a recent AZ State House Committee said Arizona will have the 2nd highest impact in the entire nation and the EPA’s timeline for Arizona to produce a plan is at an “Unprecedented Fast Schedule”.Click on the 6/10/14 House Energy Committee Hearing to see the video:
· LD 26 Needs Volunteers To Walk Neighborhoods at 8 am, Sat., July 19 for LD26 House candidate James Roy at a yet to be announced location. Lunch will be provided. RSVP LD26 First Vice-Chr Krista Roy at 480-200-3301 so they can get a head county for food.
· This Weekend Congressman David Schweikert and his wife Joyce will be doing a district-wide sign delivery this weekend. click here to request your Schweikert yard sign
· ALIPAC Requests That The Woman Who Recorded This Video of illegals on school bus at Wal-Mart in NC contact William Gheen Of Americans For Legal Immigration Pac At (866) 703-0864 so ALIPAC can ascertain the time, date and location.
· Northwest Conservatives Present Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs between 2-4 pm, Sun., July 20 at the Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W Naranja Drive, Oro Valley, Arizona 85737.
“Deporting Illegals Possible?” is the topic of the 2 pm, Thurs, July 17 Crossroads with Van radio talk show. Show host Clair Van Steenwyk said, “Is it possible to DEPORT over 20 Million Illegals? that's right 20 Million, only if the American Voter will take a Stand, as we know those in Office Won't.”Calls @ 347-857-4804 / 877-572-4283 http://www.blogtalkradio.com/van-the-radio-man
· The West Valley Gubernatorial Forum will be hosted by Legislative Districts 4, 13, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 29 on Wed., July 16 at 7 pm at Church of Joy, 21000 N. 75th Avenue, Glendale. All 6 Republican candidates will be participating. Tickets are $5 and available through the hosting legislative districts, purchased online or picked up at the GOP West Valley Victory Office, 10050 W. Bell Road, Suite #26, Sun City. Sponsorship opportunities for candidates, organizations and businesses to promote themselves in the West Valley are also available. Tickets/sponsorships information visit www.LD21.org or contact Lisa Gray at email@example.com or 623.340.8173.
The Western Pinal Republican Club (WPRC) will be hosting Justice of the Peace candidates at 5:30 pm., Wed., July 16 at Eva’s Fine Mexican Food, Casa Grande. Contact: Teresa Ottesen Binder, Communications 602-397-2007 www.pinalwprc.com
· Secretary of State Candidate Wil Cardon and CD1 candidate Martha McSally will address the Eastside Republican Club at 6:30 pm, Wed., July 16 at the Golf Links Library, Community Room, 9640 E Golf Links, Tucson.
· A ‘Meet And Greet’ Is Scheduled For LD23 Senate Candidate John Kavanagh and House Candidates Michelle Ugenti and Jay Jay Lawrence from 4-6 pm, Wed., July 16 at Los Olivos Restaurant, 73238 2nd St., Scottsdale. Casual attire. Complimentary appetizers and soft drinks.
· El Mirage Councilmember Jim McPhetres is hosting an ice cream social for Doug Duce from 4-5 pm, July 16 12613 W Sierra St., El Mirage, AZ 85335. RSVP by Tues., July 15 to Cylee Gutting at Cylee @dougducey.com or 602-842-2014.at -- before the West Valley Gubernatorial Debate.
· Concerned Citizens Of America will host a Conversation with Ryan Bundy and Carl Pittman at 6:30 pm, July 16 at the Church of the Nazarene, 55 Rojo Drive, Village of Oak Creek. Doors open at 6 pm. Bundy, the eldest son of Cliven Bundy, will address the recent stnd-off in Clark County, NV, between the Bundy family and the US Bureau of Land Management. Harris County (TX) candidate for Sheriff Carl Pittman and author of “The Personal Journey of a Black Common Sense Conservative,” will discuss his newly released book.
· The Arizona Investment Council Arizona Corporation Commission Candidate Debate will be held between 10 am and noon, Wed., July 16 in the Rio Salado College, Rio Conference Center, 2323 W. 14th St., Tempe, AZ 85281. Buffet lunch following the debate. Limited seating. RSVP: Call Michelle Cipriano at 602-257-9200 for details.
July 17 Events
· ATTN Republican Candidates: The Hopi Tribe is inviting all CD1 candidates and all state-wide candidates for Governor, Attorney General, Treasurer, Secretary of State, Supt of Public Instruction, Mine Inspector and Corporation Commission to a ‘meet and greet’ from 11 am to 3 pm, July 17 at Kykotsmovi. Candidates are asked to RSVP by July 7 to Karen Shupla at 928-734-2507. The address of the event is Highway 264 and Indian Route 2. From Flagstaff, you go to Leupp and over to Kykotsmovi. This will be an outdoor event. It will be a free cookout. Candidates are welcome to bring canopies, tables, literature, etc. Contact: Coconino County Republican Committee Chairman Joy Staveley coconinorepublicans.org firstname.lastname@example.org cell: 928-606-1131
· Arizona National Committeeman Bruce Ash will speak during the Brown Bag Lunch Series at noon, Thur., July 17 at the Green Valley Village, Suite 70, I-19 Exit 65-Continental Road.
· Applebee’s will participate in a fundraiser for American Gold Star Mothers, Tucson Chapter on July 17 by donating 10% of proceeds to help raise money to place wreaths on the graves of veterans at cemeteries in Tucson & Sierra Vista. Tell the hostess and server that you want 10% of your meal price donated to American Gold Star Mothers, Tucson Chapter.
JULY 18 EVENTS
· Americans For Legal Immigration” PAC (ALIPAC) alipac.protest-times-locations-july-18-19is also coordinating protests in Arizona on July 18 and July 19 as part of the National Day Of Protesting Against Immigration Reform / Amnesty & Border Surge.” Both days, the protests will begin at 6 am at the State Capitol, 1700 W Washington, Phx. 85007. Due to the heat, it is expect that most people will leave by 10 or 11 am. July 18 immigration protests are scheduled at state capitols, state legislators offices and Mexican Consulates throughout the nation. July 19 overpassesforamerica protests will be held at overpasses and street corners. The goal is to send the message to elected officials that:
1. Any form of amnesty for illegals is NOT acceptable.
2. The current surge of illegals crossing our border is NOT acceptable and must be stopped.
3. Our borders MUST be secured and our current laws enforced. Contacts:
America Working at www.AmericaWorking.org
Americans for Legal Immigration PAC at www.alipac.us
Americans Have Had Enough Coalition at http://americanshavehadenough.org/
Make Them Listen www.facebook.com/MakeThemListen.org
Overpasses for America www.OverpassesForAmerica.com
2 Million Bikers To DC https://2mbtdc.com/
Remember 1986 www.Remember1986.com
Riders USA http://www.ridersusa.net/
Tea Party Community www.TeaPartyCommunity.com www.TeaPartyTribune.com
· An ALIPAC Sponsored Protest is scheduled from 8-11 am, Fri., July 18 at the I-40 and Andy Devine Overpass in Kingman, AZ. Contact: alipac.protest-times-locations-july-18-19
A “The American People Are Mad As Hell! We’re Not Going To Take It Anymore! Rally” in Support of National Day of Protesting Against Amnesty is scheduled at noon, Fri., July 18 at the Tucson Mexican Consulate, 553 S. Stone Avenue, Tucson, Contact email@example.com
· A Candidate Reception is scheduled between 5-7 pm, Fri., July 18 at Pueblo del Sol Country Club in Sierra Vista. All Republican candidates have been invited to attend. No speeches, debate, or forum — just friendly meet and greet. The Reception is jointly sponsored by the 1200 Club of Sierra Vista, the Thunder Mountain Republican Women’s Club, the Huachuca Area Republican Women’s Club, and the Cochise County Republican Committee. Contact: Kathy Dolge, Membership/Reservations Chair 602-510-8986
The Western Conservative Summit is scheduled July 18-20 at the Hyatt Regency Convention Center In Denver. Hosted by the Colorado Christian University Think Tank, the event offers three days with 20 Speakers, 30 Workshops and100 Exhibitors. Townhall Columnist Joanne Moudy of LD15 will be speaking at four breakout sessions – three on pro-life issues and one on using fiction to change the minds of the masses. See details/tickets: westernconservativesummit Contact: Joanne Moudy (c) (808) 554-4792 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Congressman Matt Salmon will hold ‘Meet with Me at Open Office Hours’ from 2:30-4:30 pm, July 18. Call his District Office at (480) 699-8239 for reservation.
· Congressman David Schweikert and his wife Joyce and his campaign team will be delivering signs the weekend of July 18, 19, 20 AND 21. request a yard sign .
· A Reception In Support Of Incumbent LD13 House Candidates Darin Mitchell And Steve Montenegro, hosted by Steve Trussell, Linda and Steve Migliore, with Congressman Trent Franks, will be held Fri., July 18 at 1150 E Acacia Circle, Litchfield Park, AZ 95340. 5:30 pm – VIP Reception - $200. 6 pm – General reception -$100. RSVP: Sondra at 602-413-0301 or electDarin@yahoo.com
· A ‘Meet And Greet’ For LD23 Senate Candidate John Kavanagh and House candidates Michelle Ugenti and Jay Lawrence will be held at 4 pm, July 18 at the Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 E. Thompson Peak Pkway, Scottsdale. Casual attoire. Complimentary appetizers and soft drinks.
A Call Center Training Session For Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs and is scheduled Fri., July 18 and Sat., July 19 at the Brand New Church, 1827 W Grovers, Phx., 85023. The center will operate from 4-8:30 pm, each day. Dinner and drinks to be provided. Volunteers should contact Wes Harris 602-942-9281, 602-432-2871 (Cell), email@example.com
Jack Biltis And Terry Schmidt Invite You to an evening of Alcohol, tobacco and firearms in support of CD9 candidate Andrew Walter from 5-8 pm, Fri., July 18 at the Scottsdale Gun Club, 14860 N Northsight Blvd., Scottsdale, Arizona 85260. Expert Package - Access to the Private Range, Shoot the M249, M4 & Glock 18 , 250 Rounds of Ammunition -$1,000 per person. Sharpshooter Package - Access to the Private Range, Shoot the MP5 , 50 Rounds of Handgun Ammunition - $500 per person. Marksman Package - Access to the Private Range, Shoot the Glock 18, One Box of Handgun Ammunition - $250 per person. Cocktails And Cigars Served After Shooting Is Complete. RSVP: Grace Funk at 760-641-0534 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Republican Party In Chandler, Sun Lakes And Gilbert is hosting a ‘Greet, Meet, Eat and Hit the Street’ at 9 am, July 19. Lunch will be served at noon (after the walk) at Floridino’s, 590 N Alma School Road #35, Chandler. Victory T-shirts will be provided for attendees.
· A ‘Nation Day Of Protest Against Immigration Reform, Amnesty And Border Surge’ is scheduled from 6 am July 18 to 6 pm July 19 at the Arizona State Capitol, 1700 W Washington St., Phx. Organized by Remember 1986. remember1986.com
JULY 19 EVENTS
· The Sonoita-Elgin Tea Party Is Hosting A ‘Meet The Candidates,’ at 10 am, Sat., July 19 at the Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds (¼ mile south of the junction of Highways 82 & 83 in Sonoita) for candidates from all parties. Free admission, free parking, food vendor on site. Between candidates moderator Senator Frank Antenori will give updates on the role and power of lobbyists, who the real power brokers in Phoenix are, how the interests of the average citizen become subverted by the legislative process and much more. Contact: sonoitateaparty.org
· The Gila County Republican Party is planning A Grand Opening for their new campaign headquarters at starting10:30 am, Sat., July 19 at 719 South Beeline Highway, Payson. Ribbon cutting at noon. Special guests include Sheriff Joe Arpaio and former state senator Russell Pearce. Open to public. Individuals can register to vote, or change party affiliation, at the event. For information, call 928-472-GILA (4452) or 928-478-8186. Gila County Chairman Gary Morris 602-803-7366. Gila County Republican Committee
· The Fountain Hills Republican Club Meets At 9 Am, Sat. July 19 at the Fountain Hills Community Center to hear Corporation Commission candidates Doug Little and Vernon Parker, and AZ Treasurer candidate Randy Pullen, School Board Candidates Edith Stock and Judy Rutkowski and Maricopa County Supervisors Chairman Steve Churcri. Doors open at 8:30 am. Reservations for the September Election Rally may be made at the door!
The Pinal County Republican Committee Debate Forum For Justice Of The Peace and Constables is scheduled July 19. Details tba. Contact: Pinal County Republican Committee Chairman Seraphim Larsen (520) 251-2689 - email@example.com http://www.pinalcountygop.org/
· LD 17 Needs Volunteers To Walk Neighborhoods Sat., July 19. Contact Chr Tyler Bowyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-239-0025.
· CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten schedule: email@example.com
· July 18 – 5-7 pm, Candidates Reception/Social, Pueblo del Sol Country Club, 2770 St. Andrews Drive, Sierra Vista
July 19 – 10am-2 pm, Sonoita-Elgin Tea Party Meet the Candidates, Santa Cruz Fairgrounds Sonoita
· Gubernatorial Candidate Ken Bennett’s schedule:
· July 16 - 6:15pm, West Valley Republican Legislative Districts Gubernatorial Forum
· July 18 - 7 Pm, Arizona Cattle Growers Association & GPEC Gubernatorial Forum.
· Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Diane Douglas Schedule:
· July 16 – 6:30 pm, West Valley Governor Forum, Community Church of Joy, 21000 North 75 Avenue, Glendale.
· July 18 – 5-7 pm, Candidates Reception, Pueblo Del Sol Country Club, 2770 Saint Andrews Drive, Sierra Vista, AZ 85650
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent announcements or messages to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· LD13 Senate Incumbent Don Shooter calls on Toby Farmer to cooperate with criminal investigation into forgeries. “It is bad enough that he skipped his own trial and avoided taking the stand so that the victims of his campaign’s forgery would not learn the truth. It is completely unacceptable for Toby Farmer to not cooperate with legitimate law enforcement investigations into the crimes committed.” said State Senator Don Shooter, in an official campaign statement. Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Rea ruled on June 17th that signatures filed by Toby Farmer for his State Senate campaign were forgeries, but to date Toby Farmer has refused to identify the person who forged them. Farmer’s testimony is considered crucial because Farmer signed statements admitting to having circulated the petitions and witnessing the forgeries. “Toby Farmer is running for public office and asking the voters to trust him with their lives and freedoms. He wants to take an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution and to be a Lawmaker. It is the height of hypocrisy to simultaneously be a party to a crime and protect the identity of the lawbreaker.” said Constantin Querard, a consultant for Shooter’s campaign. As mentioned previously, Farmer’s campaign website lists his #1 priority as “Leading with Integrity”.
· Gubernatorial Candidate Scott Smith on Immigration Crisis and Oracle Protest "Unfortunately, the Obama administration seems hellbent on continuing its ill-advised immigration politics, fueling anger on an issue that should be marked by compassion and reason. The planned protests in Oracle and the actions in Murrieta underscore that we are headed toward a flashpoint. When Arizona learned a month ago that the Administration was dumping children in our state, I called it the 'height of stupidity.' I proposed that we instead use the Expedited Removal process and expedited hearings available under current law to protect children and send these unaccompanied minors and adults back to their homelands immediately. Every day we enable the human smuggling cartels that brought these children here we endanger lives. To my fellow Arizonans, while I share your frustration, please, let's not allow our emotions to boil over. Instead, let's continue to focus our energy on creating practical solutions and on compelling the federal government to do what is in its power -- to secure the border and to solve this complex, heart-rending issue. Nasty headlines and angry images do no one any good, and in fact are counterproductive as they push us away from solutions and closer to a crisis."
· Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs: A Republican opponent in the primary race has circulated a wildly inaccurate mailer statewide alleging that Riggs "cites a single vote while he was a Congressman from California two decades ago as his 'experience' in fighting illegal immigration." Riggs has substantial experience fighting illegal immigration. Fact:
1.) A former police officer and deputy sheriff, Riggs worn the badge, put his life on the line, enforced the law, and arrested illegal immigrants.
2.) As a Congressman and Vice-Chairman of the California Republican Congressional Delegation, Riggs helped secure the funding to build the fence on California's border with Mexico which now extends into the Yuma Sector of Arizona's border with Mexico. Riggs has promised to work with the Arizona congressional delegation to get the funding to secure the Tucson Sector of the border.
3.) Riggs introduced and forced a vote on legislation patterned after California's Proposition 187 to prohibit federal taxpayer benefits for illegal immigrants in 1998.
4). Riggs received an “A” rating for his congressional voting record from Numbers USA numbersusa.votingrecord. The organization "scored" 11 key votes during Riggs' three terms in Congress - not on a single vote as his opponent alleged. Riggs' votes were on congressional legislation to reduce chain migration; reduce refugee and asylum fraud; reduce amnesty entitlements; reduce anchor baby citizenship; reduce illegal immigration rewards; and reduce illegal immigration at borders. The same mailer claims that Riggs "condemned SB 1070," yet for months website statement said: "I strongly support the provisions of SB 1070 that would allow a local law enforcement officer to detain and arrest an individual when they have probable cause to believe that person is an illegal alien violating our country’s immigration laws. http://riggsforazgov.com/on-the-issues/.
· CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten: All week long it has been Pass/Fail on Amnesty... I Passed. McSally Failed! 1) Issues vs. Resume - Because McSally doesn't have a resume, the Establishment is happy to mold her on the issues as they see fit - which would explain why she refuses to take a stand on the issues. I would think that this would not go unnoticed since the President fit this category only to leave a trail of consequences that is growing daily. Serving your country is always admirable, but can we afford to choose someone who says they are a "fighter" for specific causes and then translate that into leadership at the Congressional level? 2) Follow the Money Trail - On July 6, the newspaper reported a $1Million commitment by the National Republican Congressional Committee backing McSally. To do their bidding (NRCC), she will need to vote for immigration reform and with her fund raising colleagues John Boehner and Eric Cantor. She is heavily locked in with Senate members McCain and Flake who were part of the Immigration Reform Gang of Eight. 3) McSally Is Unapologetically In Favor Of Amnesty hot-cd-race When asked by the Arizona Daily Star last Sunday: How should the federal government deal with illegal immigrants already living and working in the U.S.? "Our urgent priority should be securing our border and reforming the legal immigration system. It should be simpler and more focused on economic growth. We must then come together to find solutions to address those living here illegally that uphold the rule of law in a fair and measured way." Folks, we get one shot at this. If you believe that our National Security and Laws are non-negotiable now, please don't wait until the fight is over to make a stand. I will beat Ron Barber! WOOTEN2014.COM
· LD23 House candidate Effie Carlson: We Need Your Voice. There are many ways to help me get elected, regardless of where you are or how much time you have. We get it, you only have a minute before you head out for a day at the beach or for that brisk hike in the pines. Here’s how YOU can help: Use your social media – We know you’re on it; we see your vacation photos. Post a short statement on Facebook or Twitter that says why you support Effie (please tag her page in the post). Invite your local friends to like our Facbook page. Post my YouTube video Request a yard sign to show your support. We deliver. Sign up to have an early ballot reminder posted on your Facebook page, July 31. If we don’t get 100 sign-ups, it doesn’t happen. So you have a few hours to spare? Awesome. Here’s how YOU can help: Make some calls from home, at your convenience. Use a script, it’s easy! Our calling efforts will continue through August 26, so let us know, even if you are not available until August. Get some exercise, and put door hangers on homes in your neighborhood. Let’s meet up for coffee or a cocktail. Contact Lisa to schedule. My opponents have significantly higher name recognition through their current political offices. It is essential that everyone who wants a new voice in LD 23 choose one small way to spread the word for me. Thanks you, as always, for your continued support!
· Gubernatorial Candidate Frank Riggs: Arizona needs a strong governor.I'm an Army vet, ex-cop, and as a Congressman I rooted out corruption in Washington. Big changes take hard work and as Governor, I'll protect public safety and finally secure our border. I'll fight federal overreach and the Obamanization of Arizona by repealing Common Core on day one and stopping Medicaid expansion. And I'll fix the state budget, and get our economy growing again. Sure it's a tough job, and I'm just the guy to do it. I encourage you to check out my latest ad now and to donate to help us share it with voters across Arizona. Our campaign is gaining momentum every day and conservatives across the state are rallying behind our message. As we close in on the August 26 primary, we're peaking at exactly the right time. Will you stand with me? Let's finish strong!
· CD2 candidate Martha McSally: During a recent interview, Ron Barber did the politician two-step around a question about whether his support of President Obama's agenda is hurting his reelection chances. He must know that his support of the President's policies that are delaying jobs, taking away health care choice, and hurting seniors is unpopular in Southern Arizona, which is why he's now trying to hide from his own partisan record. We've seen this act from Barber before. In 2012, he was shamed into admitting he was voting for President Obama by the national press corps - after dodging the question at a debate. During a recent interview with CNN's Dana Bash, "endangered Democrat" Ron Barber shook off a question about whether the President's policies, and his support of them, are hurting his reelection chances.While he's mum now, Representative Barber has made very clear his strong support for the President's policies in the past:
- Barber praised President Obama's cuts to Medicare Advantage (Arizona Public Media Debate, 10/23/2012).
- Barber praised the President for his leadership on Obamacare ("Obama Thanks Democrats For "Hanging In There" On Obamacare," Buzzfeed, 2/14/2014).
- Barber tried to hide his support for President Obama, but came clean when national media shamed him into telling the truth ("Ron Barber, former Giffords aide, wouldn't say in debate whether he would vote for Obama," Washington Post, 5/24/2012).
- Barber voted for an amendment that would give President Obama full control over the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline (H.R. 3, Roll Call #173, 5/22/2013).
- Barber voted against a bill giving flexibility to working moms after the President said he would veto it (H.R. 1406, Roll Call #137, 5/8/2013).
· CD1 Candidate Andy Tobin released his five point plan to secure our border, spur economic growth, balance the budget, keep our military strong and hold President Obama accountable. Tobin said it’s going to take common-sense conservative principles to turn our country around and stop Obama’s overreach. “This president is out of control, and it’s going to take people with strong principles to stand up against him. Not only is this administration incompetent, but Obama is acting more like a king than a president. This plan represents some of the most important things I will fight for in Congress. With the ongoing crisis at the border that our president has helped cause, securing our border needs to be our priority, first and foremost. Enabling our small businesses to flourish and create jobs will only happen when we reduce taxes and streamline regulations—both of which have hampered our economic recovery,” Tobin said. As a former small business owner in the aerospace industry, Tobin spoke specifically about the need to invest in defense spending. “Thousands of Arizona jobs depend on the government making the right investment in the defense industry. At a time when the President is cutting the Pentagon’s budget and giving thousands of well-trained and battle tested military members the pink slip, we need somebody in Congress who will stand up to make sure we are ready to meet emerging national security threats,” said Tobin.
· Attorney General Incumbent Tom Horne: In a settlement with five national banks, AG Horne brought $2 billion to Arizona to help keep people in their homes and help Arizona’s economic recovery. He was the last to settle in a national settlement, fighting for more than Arizona’s pro rata share of the settlement because Arizona was hard hit by the mortgage crisis. Under AG Horne’s leadership, Arizona settled late the night before the national settlement was announced, acquiring four times what its share would have been based on population. Salute the Attorney General on his work to bring back Arizona's economy. Over $2 billion in homeowner relief has been distributed to Arizonans, including more than $1.8 billion given out by the five banks individually in the form of principal reduction and refinancing, as well as payments to more than 66,000 homeowners who lost their homes to foreclosure. In addition to more than $8 million in consumer restitution, one-third of the funds allocated to the Attorney General’s Office has been spent or spoken for. Out of $57 million in mortgage settlement funds, $18,928,664.00 has been expended or encumbered on the areas identified and focused on by the office: Housing counseling, Legal services, the Arizona Mortgage Relief Fund, Relocation Assistance, Job Training, and Housing Opportunities for Veterans. Do you approve of the job Tom Horne is doing? Then help him get re-elected! See 16 other achievements. Contribute here.
· LD13 House Incumbent Darin Mitchell: The last few weeks have been great for our campaign. At the end of June, American’s For Prosperity - an independent organization dedicated to promoting free market principles - released their 2014 Annual Legislative Scorecard. I received the highest score in both the House and Senate. This #1 scoring earned me AFP’s title of “Champion of the Taxpayer”. afp-arizonas-2014-legislative-scorecard AFP also grades local, elected officials on their overall budgets, property tax levies and sales tax changes. Since my opponent serves on the Litchfield Park City Council, the public can see how an independent 3rd party rates her voting record, as well. While I’m happy with my rating, I think it is safe to say she is not advertising her score! The scoring categories range from “+6” to a “-6”. Her 2014 score was “-2” which put her towards the bottom and earned her the title of “Ally of big Government”. afpf-arizonas-2014-local-government-scorecard Other News: The Wickenburg Unified School District Board recently recognized my hard work and leadership in negotiating the 2015 budget relating to our state's education spending. During their June board meeting, Superintendent Howard Carlson presented me with their “Champion for Children” award. The past few days a number of other notable Awards & Endorsements have come in - AZ Free Enterprise Club, AZ Association of Realtors and AZ Automobile Dealers Association. See full list of awards and endorsements on my web site. http://www.darin-mitchell.com/ RSVP for our July 18th fundraiser with Special Guest U.S. Congressman Trent Franks or Call Sondra at 602-413-0301 or email to: ElectDarin@yahoo.com
· Mesa Mayoral candidate Danny Ray: Over the last few years we have seen huge increases in the size and reach of the Mesa city government. In recent years, spending and bond debt have ballooned and property taxes have been instituted, making the average cost of living in Mesa substantially more than in Gilbert and Chandler. City plans, codes, regulations, and fees stifle small and medium-sized businesses, home improvements, and property rights. Danny Ray is running for mayor to share the vision that Mesa can continue to have positive growth and be a premiere family community without massive debt and government overreach. The importance of your involvement cannot be overstated!! Citizen engagement in government is key to guarding our liberties at the city, state, and federal level. We invite you to get involved in the Danny Ray for Mayor campaign and make a difference in the future of your community. Volunteer, grassroots outreach will be the difference in changing Mesa's direction. It’s simple. Just do any of the following: Email Danny's campaign at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you want to get involved. We'll contact you. Come to our volunteer meetings on Tuesdays at 8 PM at 1761 N. Silverton (near Mesa Dr. & McKellips). You can meet Danny and find out about what we’re doing to engage the voters of Mesa and why your participation is so important. Visit http://www.votedannyray.com/ and sign up to volunteer. Call or text the campaign office at (480) 725-1404. Early ballots go out July 31 and Election Day is Tuesday, August 26. Thank you for all you do.
· CD1 candidate Andy Tobin: Our 5 point plan. 1- Secure the border. 2- Create good-paying American jobs by cutting taxes. 3- Balance the budget. 4- Invest in defense. 5- Hold Obama and the executive branch accountable. My wife Jennifer and I are the proud parents of five children - three daughters and two sons. I’m a small business owner who has devoted my life to positively impact our community through job creation, public service and advocating conservative principles. I hold my family and our way of life dear and I will protect it at all costs. While serving in the Legislature, I’ve saved taxpayers millions of dollars and led the fight to stop the implementation of the disastrous ObamaCare. As Speaker of the House, I cut government spending by $3 billion, balanced Arizona’s budget and presided over the largest tax cuts in Arizona’s history. With Gov. Brewer and my fellow conservatives, we demanded that the federal government protect the borders in Arizona from an invasion of illegal immigrants and related violent crime. It’s time for me to go to Washington to continue this fight. I will lead the charge in fighting against reckless immigration laws, wasteful spending, ever-increasing taxes, government intrusion, and out-of-touch insiders that are taking freedoms. I will fight to create sustainable jobs and help small businesses succeed. I will build a stronger middle class and put Arizona back on track. I will protect our borders and invest in defense. And I will hold the Obama administration and executive branch accountable. Donate Today I want to protect freedom and ensure prosperity for our children with this 5 Point Plan and make a real difference in Washington. I need your vote on August 26th.
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally: Enough is enough. Our unsecured border is allowing criminal organizations to traffic drugs, money, people, and weapons into and through our communities. Yet, Washington politicians have failed to fix their flawed border strategy, and our communities are paying for it. Demand that President Obama and Representative Barber take meaningful action to fix our flawed border strategy. Our Border Patrol agents are doing all they can, but they are asked to execute a flawed strategy from D.C. We need a better strategy that focuses on known corridors of activity and targets resources actually at the border. Sign the petition to demand a secure border: https://mcsallyforcongress.com/secure-border/ I will keep fighting for a better strategy that keeps our communities safe and appreciate all your support in that fight,
· Local-Flights-Carrying-Migrant-Families-End Yuma Sun
· Lie-At-Heart-Of-Immigration-Reform-Exposed “… the McCain-Schumer-Obama way — ‘Legalization First, Security Later’ — is a swindle in the classic tradition.” “ … amnesty backers, like Schumer and McCain, seem to realize they need to act forcefully to stem the current border surge in order to build “trust” for a future “comprehensive” immigration bill.”
· Don't Be Sheep Chuck Smith Promo
· A-Refugees-View-Of-The-Border-Surge MCRC GOP Activist Jose Borrajero Shares His Escape From Communist Cuba
· Road-Closures-In-Pima-County Monsoon Flooding
· MUST SEE: GUNS (Virtual State Of The Union 2013) - Youtube Bill Whittle Of Afterburner On Constitution And Guns
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· Title 22, Chapter 23, Section 1732 Of The United States Code says that whenever a United States citizen is wrongfully imprisoned by a foreign government, it is the President’s duty to work to secure that citizen’s release!
· US Owned Mexican Railroad Transporting Thousands of Illegals to US Border Facing Charges in Mexico Railroad known as ‘the beast’
· "A law enforcement and public health nightmare" “We all love babies, but most of the ‘babies’ coming here are between the ages of 14 and 17, and three-quarters of those 14 to 17 year olds are males.” So much for that image of Border Patrol spending all their time changing diapers. And I've got more bad news for you: gang signs located at the holding facilities entice those male teens to join MS-13, one of the most violent gangs in the world.’
· Children Flooding Across The Southern Border – Interview With BP Union President, Art Del Cueto
· DOD Sends 'Pink Slip' Letters To Soldiers Fighting In Afghanistan – Instead Keep ‘Em And Send ‘Em To The US/MX Border!!!
· AZ Border Defenders Updated Daily
· Need2NoBorder News Watch
ILLEGALS MPORTING DISEASES
· Editorial: The-Billionaire-Desperado Billionaire Breaks Out His Checkbook For The Gun Controllers
· Here's What Conservative Lawmakers Think About Impeaching Obama 'Nobody Wants A President Joe Biden'
· Blacks-Should-Be-Thankful-There-Was-An-America-To-Come-To Mychal S. Massie
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
· Dr-James-D-Manning-On-Obama ‘We Gave Him Everything, And ...