- ► May (25)
- ► April (24)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (32)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (31)
- ► June (30)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (31)
- ► February (28)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (30)
- ► November (29)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ► July (25)
- ► June (21)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (29)
- ► January (31)
- ► December (28)
- ► November (30)
- ► October (32)
- ► September (29)
- ► August (32)
- ▼ July (31)
- ► June (27)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (36)
- ► March (42)
- ► February (35)
- ► January (34)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (35)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (35)
- ► July (37)
- ► June (37)
- ► May (21)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (39)
- ► February (36)
- ► January (38)
- ► December (39)
- ► November (32)
- ► October (37)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (42)
Briefs Editor Frosty Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Master John Strasser
July 21, 2014
· Arpaio's Letter To DHS requesting a face to face with DHS Security Sec Jeh Johnson regarding the invasion of illegal immigrations into Arizona.
· Illegal-Alien-Children-Not-A-Controversy-They-Are-Threat-To-Our-Health-And-Economy Lyle Rapacki report
· Border-Protests-To-Take-Place-Friday-Across-US The “Make them Listen” movement is taking shape nationwide with protests in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
· Arizonans Are Circulating "The Arizona Resolution" Petition To Get Governor Brewer And Elected Officials To Act Regarding The Crisis At Arizona’s Border.See Standuparizona.Com To Sign The Petition.
· CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten is reaching out to volunteers to make calls and walk the precincts. Contact: campaign manager Dave Girton 631-4443 or email@example.com
· CD9 Candidate Andrew Walter will be featured at a ‘coffee with the candidate’ at 7:30 pm, Sat.,July 26 at The Good Egg, 50 E.Camelback Road, Phx. Cohost: Phx City Councilman Bill Gates. Purchase your own breakfast. RSVP: Michael@andrewwalter2014.com
· The Thunder Mountain Women’s Club meeting this morning is a “forum for all three CD2 candidates, not a debate,” according to Enid Reinhart, club spokesman. “I thought I had that rumor squelched last week,” she said.
· ATTN: LD24 and LD27 PCs: Republican poll workers are needed for both precincts on Aug. 26. Interested PCs should call Fred Lucero at 602-506-3407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· LD29 House Candidate Aaron Borders will attend the candidate forum scheduled by Gene Derie at 6:30 pm, Aug 7 in the Villade Paz School Library, 4940 N. 103rd Ave., Phx.
· Dr. Ben Carson Will Address The ‘Wake Up America’ Dinner scheduled Fri., Sept 5 at the Westin Kierland Resort in Phoenix. The fundraiser is the official launch for Wake Up America as a online media network – an alternative to today’s media.. Limited to 500 seats. Details: email@example.com 602.482.0017
· You Can Preserve Your Family Name on a bench for $5,000 or on a glass block display wall for $1,000 at the yet to be constructed Barry & Peggy Goldwater Center for Democray Library, Museum and Political Archive in Phx.
· Jake Long, Along With Diane And Tom McCarthy are hosting a fundraiser for District 4 Maricopa County Board of Supervisors incumbent Clint Hickman at the McCarthy’s home between 5:30 -7 pm, Wed., July 23 at 5835 W Belmont Ave., Glendale. RSVP 623-937-3519.
· Maricopa County Will Be Mosquito Spraying (fogging) on Thurs., July 24 in Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale Maricopa County, Phoenix, Queen Creek and Scottsdale
· Burton Barr Central Library Is Seeking Submissions from artists for exhibition in 2015 in its Central Gallery, on the first floor at 1221 N. Central Ave. Proposals will be accepted from artists residing in Arizona, 18 years or older, and not currently represented by a gallery. https://www.phoenix.gov/news/library/178
· CD9 Candidate Wendy Rogers needs volunteers to help her campaign to replace Congresswoman Kyrsten Sinema. Rogers office is located at 3030 S Rural Rd. #120, Tempe. It’s is open from 10 am -7 pm, Mon-Fri. Volunteer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our field director Jackson Turner at 480-734-3911.
· The Paradise Republican Women’s Club Candidates Forum & Fiesta is scheduled Sat., July 26 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N. Scottsdale Road., Scottsdale. 4 pm social. 5 pm forum. $20 per person until July 26. Fiesta buffet & cash bar. Congressional update from Congressman David Schweikert. Confirmed candidates for the forum:
· Congress - Andrew Walter & Gabby Mercer
· Congressman David Schweikert
· Governor - Christine Jones, Doug Ducey, Ken Bennett, Frank Riggs
· Secretary of State - Michele Reagan & Justin Pierce
· Attorney General - Tom Horne & Mark Brnovich
· Superintendent of Public Instruction - Diane Douglas
· Treasurer - Hugh Hallman, Jeff DeWit, Randy Pullen
· Corporation Comm - Tom Forese, Doug Little, Lucy Mason, Vernon Parker
· LD23 House Michelle Ugenti, Bob Littlefield, Effie Carlson, Jay Lawrence
· LD23 Senate - John Kavanagh, Jeff Schwartz
· LD 28 House - Mary Hamway, Shawnna Bolick
· Scottsdale City Council - Kathy Littlefield, Cindy Hill Michael Auerbach, Linda Milhaven, Dennis Robbins, David Smith
· Scottsdale School Board- Laddie Shane, Kim Hartman
· Justice Court - Michael Reagan
· Constable - Dan Ryan.
· Citizen-Protests-Against-Illegals-Continue-Border-Convoy-Planned Some citizens of Murrieta, CA, after their successful blockade of DHS buses, have banded together to start a “convoy” that will go from Murrieta to Laredo, Texas. They are calling for anyone who wishes to participate to join them, including those with RVs or tents. Register to join the convoy at this link). Contact: email@example.com TWITTER: @borderconvoy http://borderconvoy.com The convoy will begin in Murrieta, CA on August 1 and end in Laredo, TX on August 7. They will be stopping in huge battleground border towns such as Oracle, AZ, Fort Hancock, TX, McAllen, TX and Laredo, TX. Any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Arizona’s Firearms Guru Alan Korwin Responds to Sunday’s AZ Republic editorial: Your gun editorial on Sunday went overboard. Please allow me to respond, with some balance.I could almost hear you wondering, as you filed the piece, if I'd have something to say. VPC's work is so suspect it should never be seriously considered, or should at least be subjected to independent scrutiny before it sees ink: bogus-gun-control-numbers And as to who they are (one small office, no members, most funding from a single source, a few employees, disproportionate media attention), if you're interested: archives/VPCandPeople Who did pen the piece on Sunday? The Arizona Republic packed so many logical errors and scraps of propaganda from the anti-gun-rights arsenal into its Sunday editorial, but no original ideas unfortunately -- just familiar, long-since debunked detritus. Why? Why now? If you believe people are killing themselves in record numbers (which isn't true, though you imply it is), you should investigate the medical and psychology implications, for the benefit of society and to do your job properly. Instead, you basically turned a minor medical issue (1.53% of all mortality) into a wedge to attack our fundamental human rights. That's disgraceful.You offhandedly compared a number of suicides to, well, absolutely nothing, and somehow concluded this undermines the fact that gun ownership helps keep people safe. What are you smoking? That doesn't even make sense. Firearms prevent up to 2.5 million crimes every year. You should do nothing to harm or encumber those protected victims, not endanger them. Firearms are the only consumer product not regulated? This is a stock anti-gunner delusion you reprinted without thinking. Federal gun law is huge, gun regs are even more massive. Your statement is simply bogus. You have to go through the FBI just to buy a new gun. Is there some other product like that? You lifted that straight from the ultra-secretive no-membership Violence Policy Center. It's time to abandon that error-spewing propagandist the media keeps quoting without backup (or healthy skepticism). Contrary to the vapid assessment of our laws -- which comports with a strictly anti-rights position -- our state has some of the finest gun laws in the nation, not the worst. We serve as a model. That means robust protection of your freedom, and we're extremely tough on criminals. Now if we could only get educators to start instructing kids about the Second Amendment, what it means, why it's there and how to exercise it, we'd be golden. But they steadfastly refuse. When it comes to guns, public schools are in the ignorance business. One by one you've lined up every left-winger piece of anti-gun lunacy as if it's reason, viciously attacking our precious rights, in lockstep with inaccurate anti-rights dogma. You do disservice to the journalism profession. It is humiliating. Does your entire editorial board agree with the sentiments you expressed Sunday? If your consumer product were licensed or regulated, your licenses would be in serious jeopardy. - Alan Korwin, Author Gun Laws of America
JULY 22 EVENTS
· LD15 Will Meet At 6:30 Pm, July 22 To Hear Incumbent Attorney General Tom Horne at the Deer Valley Airport Restaurant, 702 W Deer Valley Road, Phx.
· The Buckeye Chamber Candidate's Forum is scheduled from 5-8:30 pm, Tues, July 22 at the APS Education Center (600 N Airport Road Buckeye, AZ 85326). Doors open at 5:30 pm. Forum at 6 pm. Seating limited to 300 people. Audience, including those accompanying candidates, must RSVP to the Buckeye Chamber of Commerce at either (623) 386-2727 or email@example.com. by 5 pm, Mon., July 21.
· Nevada Cattleman Cliven Bundy and his son Ammon Bundy are scheduled to speak about their run in with the Bureau Land Management at 6:30 pm, Tues., July 22 at the Burke Basic School in Mesa.
· The Thunder Mountain Women’s Club Forum for all three CD2 candidates is scheduled at 11 am, Tues., July 22 at the Pueblo del Sol Country Club, 2770 St Andrews Drive, Sierra Vista. $16 lunch. RSVP; Enid Reinhart 520-378-3635.
· CD2 Candidate Martha McSally will appear at the Tues., July 22, Thunder Mountain Republican Women's Club Debate in Sierra Vista.
JULY 23 EVENTS
· Due To A Conflict In Scheduling, Maricopa County Board of Supervisors Clint Hickman will appear at the July 28 Wickenburg Republican meeting, instead of the June 23 meeting as previous announced. The June 23 meeting has been cancelled. Contact: 928-684-1221 firstname.lastname@example.org
Gubernatorial candidate Frank Riggs will speak to the Glendale Tea Party at 6:30 pm, Wed., July 23 at the Brand New Church, 1827 W Grovers., SE Corner 19th Ave/Grovers, Phx. email@example.com
· A ‘Meet And Greet’ For LD15 House Candidate David Burnell Smith is scheduled between 5-8 pm, Wed., July 23 at. Wednesday, July 23, 2014 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at Carolos O’Brien’s Mexican Restaurant, 1133 E Northern Ave., Phx. Minimum $25. Contributions welcome. Hosted by Jennifer James, Howard Sprague, Brandon Howard,Michael Ricard, LD15 Chairman David Hendnerson, and Derrick Carlock. Special invited guests Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Radio talk show host Sen. Russell Pearce, Supt of Public Instruction Diane Douglas, Rep John Kavanagh, Rep Brenda Barton and Bruce Barton and Attorney General Tom Horne. RSVP Erica at 480-990-7500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Congressman David Schweikert Is Accepting Applications for full and part-time congressional internships in his Arizona and D.C. offices for the Fall 2014 term until July 25. Applicants should email their materials to Arizona: Ernestina Borquez-Smith Ernestina.email@example.com or Washington, D.C.: Kyle Souz firstname.lastname@example.org
· LD 19 meets on the second Monday of the month at 7 pm in the conference room of Total Wine & More - in shopping center at McDowell and Litchfield Rd., 1416 N Litchfield Rd (Palm Valley Pavilions West Shopping Center) Litchfield Park, AZ. Contact LD 19 Chairman, Cherie Scott, email@example.com.
· LD 4/Estrella Conservative Republican Club meets on the 4th Wednesday of the month. 6:30 pm meet and greet and 7 pm meeting, Starpointe Residents Club, 17665 W. Elliot Rd Goodyear, AZ 85338 (W. Elliot, just west of S. Estrella Parkway). Contact LD 4 Chairman, Fred Amator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 623-980-6007 or The Estrella Conservative Republican Club - Richard Newcomer, email@example.com or 602-512-1340.
JULY 24 EVENTS
· The White Mountain Conservatives will meet at 6 pm, Thur., July 24 at 381 N. Central Avenue, Show Low, AZ.
· The Pinal County Meet And Greet is scheduled at 6:30 pm, Fri., July 25 at 21638 E. Governor Drive, in Red Rock, AZ
· The Colorado River Tea Party Meet The Candidates will feature Gubernatorial Candidate Christine Jones and CPA Rex Pope, who will address ‘school tax credits’ at the noon, July 24 at Z-Fun Factory & Waylon’s Water World, 4446 E. County 10 St., Yuma. firstname.lastname@example.org
· Contact Your Congressman. Let them know your anger over yet another scandal that has taken the lives of unknown numbers of Americans. Our veterans deserve better.
· Sen John McCain R 202-224-2235 mccain.senate.gov
· Sen Jeff Flake R 202-224-3421 flake.senate.gov
· Rep Ann Kirkpatrick (D1) 202-225-3361 kirkpatrick.house
· Rep Ron Barber (D2) 202-225-2542 barber.house.gov
· Rep Raul Grijalva (D3) 202-225-2435 grijalva.house.gov
· Rep Paul Gosar (R4) 202-2225-2315 gosar.house.gov
· Rep Matt Salmon (R5) 202-225-2635 salmon.house.gov
· Rep David Schweikert (R6) 202-225-2190 schweikert.house.gov
· Rep Ed Pastor (D7) 202-225-4065 house.gov/pastor
· Rep Trent Franks (8) 202-225-4576 franks.house.gov
· Rep Kyrsten Sinema (D) sinema.house.gov
· CD2 Candidate Chuck Wooten schedule: email@example.com
· July 22 – 11 am, Speaker at Thunder Mountain Women’s Club, Pueglo delSol Country Club, 2770 Saint Andrews Drive., Sierra Vista. $16 Lunch. RSVP Enid Reinhart 520-378-3635
· July 26 – 1-3 pm, Green Valley/Sahuarita Republican Clubs, Quail Creek Country Club, 2055 E Quail Crossing Blvd,
· Gubernatorial Candidate Ken Bennett’s schedule:
· July 22 - 5:30 pm, KJZZ Gubernatorial Candidate Forum.
· July 24 - 6 pm, Yavapai County Meet and Greet
· Supt Of Public Instruction Candidate Diane Douglas Schedule:
· July 22 –8 pm, Glenn Beck ‘We Will Not Conform’ event, AMC Desert Ridge.- Phx
· July 23 – 6:30 pm, LD18 Candidate Roundtable, 9325 S Rural Road, Tempe.
· July 24 – 6 pm, Yavapai County Meet & Greet, The Prescott Resort, 1500 E State Rte 69, Prescott.
· July 25 – noon, Mingus Republican Club, 542 N Main St., Cottonwood.
· July 26 – 4-7 pm, Paradise Republican Women, Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N. Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale.
· July 31 – Early voting begins.
· ATTN: Candidates/LD leaders/Group Chairman: If you have sent announcements or messages to Briefs that have not been posted (except endorsements) or that I have not responded to, please resend them. Messages can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org If I do not respond with “thx” within 24 hours, please resend – using one or all of the above e-dressses. I’d rather get duplications than not receive your e-mails.
· Republican Candidate Announcements, fundraiser, neighborhood walks and other events can be sent to email@example.com for posting in the Briefs. In fairness to all GOP primary candidates, Briefs does not post endorsements, nor does it endorse any GOP candidates prior to the primary. See Briefs at Http://Archives.Mcrcbriefs.Org/
WHAT CANDIDATES ARE SAYING:
· Gubernatorial Candidate Doug Ducey: It’s a sad day when Republicans attack fellow Republicans on an issue as fundamental as support for free enterprise. Unfortunately, that’s exactly what one of my opponents is doing with a new ad attacking my record at Cold Stone Creamery. It is misleading. The new ad features a former franchisee who litigated against Cold Stone. His allegations were heard and ruled on by a neutral arbitrator. They were found lacking, and he was made to pay the attorney fees. This attack ad is just the latest avenue for continuing his vendetta. The ad also attempts to implicate Cold Stone Creamery citing a failed loan program tied to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) that saw defaults due to negligent oversight, inflated lending practices and the 2008 financial collapse. The numbers are distorted; franchises are independently owned and operated businesses whose owners are solely responsible for their operations and financing. It is a sad situation when any small business fails. That’s why, as governor, one of my highest priorities is to create an atmosphere where Arizona businesses of all sizes have their best opportunity to succeed. I am a firm believer in free enterprise and the notion that the government can get out of the way and help create opportunities for success, but cannot guarantee it. By any measure of achievement, Cold Stone Creamery is an Arizona success story. Time Magazine said that Cold Stone Creamery had done for ice cream what Starbucks had done for coffee. CNN has called Cold Stone Creamery a model franchisor. Click here to learn the truth.
· Prediction: 2/3-Of-US-Could-Be-Devastated Yellowstone 'Supervolcano' 2,000 Times Power Of Mount St. Helens
· Obama-Ex-Secret-Service-Agent-Warns-Of-New-Power-Grab 'It's Not Just The President, It's His Anointed Aristocrats'
· White-House-Snubs-Some-Senior-Lawmakers-On-Iran-Negotiation-Details "My Invite Was Lost In The Mail," Said Republican Sen. John McCain.
· Arizona Petition To "Stop The Invasion--Secure Our Borders And Send Them Home!" Standuparizona.Com
· Video Douglas/Huppenthal Debate
· Legislativescorecard Americans for Prosperity gave Worsley a worse rating than the Democrat Minority Leader, Chad Campbell
MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI (Jailed In MX)
· Title 22, Chapter 23, Section 1732 Of The United States Code says that whenever a United States citizen is wrongfully imprisoned by a foreign government, it is the President’s duty to work to secure that citizen’s release!
COMMON CORE/AGENDA 21
· Vice President Joe Biden, recalling a meeting he had with Vladimir Putin, to the New Yorker: "I said, 'Mr. Prime Minister, I'm looking into your eyes, and I don’t think you have a soul.' He looked back at me, and he smiled, and he said, 'We understand one another.'" http://nyr.kr/1wQ5pHq.